Freedom Debt Relief verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

9.3

Call Now

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $4 billion in debt since their founding in 2002. The company has considerable industry experience and high customer satisfaction ratings. With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. They offer multiple debt services and are available in 34 states. However, they may have potentially higher prices than other companies in the industry.

The Good

• Excellent Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Reviews
  • Online Dashboard

Excellent Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages including:

• Minimum of $7.5k in debt to begin settlement
  • Average cost is 21.5 percent of total debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation when a consumer decides to enlist the company's services. One debt consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire settlement process. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 14 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. With their level of experience, they know that one of the most important things they can offer consumers is industry accreditations. In fact, according to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

Great Reviews

Most Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining the settlement process, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the settlement process.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts.

The Bad

• Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more than this to use FDR.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers services in only 34 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $7.5k.

Complaints

While most of the reviews for FDR are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have include the following:

• It takes too long to settle debts
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, industry experience, thoughtful debt consultants, and more. However, because their price of 20 percent of debt is an average, clients could end up paying more. We recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a low enough quote from them, and they are available in your state.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

Humberto Vela

December 8th, 2017 Rio Grande City, TX DETAILS

I got it because I was in debt and I owed a lot. It was all because of the credit cards and the high interest rates that I had to pay. My debt was simply not going down. They have helped me a lot, always answer my questions and told me what I needed to know about my debt. I usually got updates through email or phone calls. They've helped me out a lot, both in understanding the program and in getting out of debt. I feel great about it.

Leonardo Ochoa

December 8th, 2017 El Paso, TX DETAILS

It was the best company at the time we found it. They sent us emails about everything that was happening. They have been pretty helpful so far and I like the people that work with us.

Judith Anne Bradford

December 8th, 2017 Dalhart, TX DETAILS

We needed some help at the time and we heard about it from Shark Tank and Barbara Corcoran. Since it sounded like a good deal we went with it. They have always been there when we have questions or need any kind of help. Usually I get updates through their phone calls but I can also look at my dashboard to see that. They let me know whenever they are about to settle a debt and everything has gone quickly. I've been very happy with them, I don't think I could've found a better service.

Melissa Marone

December 8th, 2017 Parker, CO DETAILS

I was drowning in debt at the time and it seemed like a good service. They have had great communication with me and they've always been eager to help me. They are available to speak with me and usually communicate through text messages, emails and phone calls. The portal is also fantastic for checking in on the progress. I enjoy that and I think it's great that they're using technology that way. They have taken care of almost 80% of what I owe so far. I'm glad that I signed up with them, otherwise I would be in a way worst situation.

Michael Campbell

December 8th, 2017 Arvada, CO DETAILS

The offered me the best program for my situation and were very attentive and responded properly to what I asked. I can go right to their website and check my account online as frequently as I want to. The dashboard is great. They are very aggressive about helping me as their client and I'm very happy with them.

Kimberly D Clapp

December 8th, 2017 McCall, ID DETAILS

At first I was unsure of using it since I knew it would hurt my credit, but they have really been able to help me out. They have been very responsive and ended up helping me more than I thought they would. They have worked with the creditors and saved me a lot of time, money, and frustration trying to figure out what I could and couldn't do. All of this is getting done faster than what I thought they would. They've kept me updated through email and text and have provided me with a way to consolidate my debt that also helped me fill my credit back up.

Charon Anne Mazloomi

December 8th, 2017 Eagle, ID DETAILS

I had lost my job at the time and had medical issues to deal with so I needed some help. They listen to what your problems are and they always have your best interest at heart. In the short period of time I've been with them they have already settled 4 of my accounts I believe. Since I work I chose to be notified of things through emails, though I have received phone calls before. I'm very glad I signed up with them, they did help my debt situation a lot and they continue to do so.

Delores Walter

December 8th, 2017 Greeley, CO DETAILS

We needed help with our finances at the time and they seemed to be one of the better companies to go with. They have been very friendly and helpful. At first I thought they would just pay off the loan right away, but they are doing it in payments so I didn't quite understand that. That has been the only thing though, I've felt really good about it all.

Judy Leith

December 8th, 2017 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I was behind on my bills and needed help. They keep me updated by email and encourage me to get to the end of the program.

Debra Wilson

December 8th, 2017 Millville, UT DETAILS

I was looking at a news report and an advertisement of theirs showed up. I looked into it and decided to go enroll with them. I was very nervous when we first started out with them, but they were very helpful and nice. Everyone in their company has been good, they've made me feel very secure. Usually I just check on the computer to see how things are going. I also get text messages when they get offers from a creditor. From there I get to choose if I want to pick an offer or not and handle all of that from the computer. I'm getting results now, even though it took a while since I had to gather the funds that I needed. I think it's the best thing I've ever done.

Angel Iniguez

December 8th, 2017 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

I was slow getting to my payments and I didn't have much left afterwards, so I got them. They have always given me good answers and I can check on their progress online. They have done a good job so far and have probably gone beyond just that.

David Thomas

December 8th, 2017 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

I got it because I couldn't keep up with my bills. They were always courteous and speak to me as if we were in a personal call. When I call they always have my account information quickly and are very knowledgeable. I enjoy their professionalism and their concern about me. They are quick in answering questions and handled everything, even the fact that my creditors kept calling me. They walked me through how to handle them. I feel much better. I received emails from them with very detailed information of the companies I owed money to, as well as the settlement that they are working on. All I had to do was respond with a yes and they would handle things as needed. They were up to date with my needs and I know everything that concerns me and my account. I feel good about this decision. It has been a load off my shoulders knowing that someone out there is helping me get through this process.

Abraham Perez

December 8th, 2017 San Luis, AZ DETAILS

Every time I've had a question they will answer it thoroughly and get to the point. They update me well on the progress and I haven't had any problems with them since I enrolled. It has been great.

Dale Shamp

December 8th, 2017 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

They have always been helpful and keep me up to date on stuff through emails and phone calls. They are really helpful and things have been going great.

Dinah Chambers

December 8th, 2017 Yuma, AZ DETAILS

I was a little bit weary at first based on what I read, but they are awesome. Their customer service is perfect. They were great at communicating with me, mostly through email.

Alfonso Santos

December 8th, 2017 Somerton, AZ DETAILS

I saw the advertisements and I just went ahead and called them up to find out more about them. They explained things well to me and told me what to expect. They also gave me numbers that I could call in case I had any questions. If I had any questions, they would tell me the answers or tell me what to do to solve problems. If I ever needed to check up on the progress of things I could go to my account and look at that. Of course, they always also called me and send me emails to give me updates. In general everything was pretty self explanatory in how it worked.

Greg Swanson

December 8th, 2017 Vail, AZ DETAILS

I needed them to get out of debt. Every time I call them I get straight answers and knowledgeable people. I can see progress and they update me on that through emails. I feel good about going with them.

Jeremy Benson

December 8th, 2017 Peoria, AZ DETAILS

I was at the point where my credit card debt was getting higher and higher and I couldn't get anywhere with my income since I was retiring. I needed a way out without filing for bankruptcy since that would only make it worst. They have been helpful in solving any problem that comes up. I can call them anytime I have any questions or just to ask how things are going. We can also check if we need to approve something. They also always get a hold of you whenever a settlement is about to happen to get your okay. I've been having trouble getting in on their website. Freedom Debt has just taken the pressure and stress of paying bills away. Things are getting paid off and as long as I don't take out credit cards left and right I'll be fine. I believe I made a good decision. In the end I'll be better off and I'll have everything more or less under control with my money.

Jeff Tigner

December 8th, 2017 Fort Mohave, AZ DETAILS

My debts were piling up and I couldn't make my monthly payments anymore. They are always sending me emails about the updates and have been helping me get out of debt. I feel good about it.

Judah Chismar

December 8th, 2017 Marana, AZ DETAILS

They are always extremely friendly and help me when my finances get a bit tighter or something. They can always figure out how to work around those times. As long as you stick to the program it all works, I've basically reduced my debt by half with the agreements they've reached. I'm also kept up to date with their emails and their dashboard is also user friendly. It has made a huge difference in my financial situation. I feel very good about it.

John Dean Tucker

December 8th, 2017 Flora Vista, NM DETAILS

It looked like the right company and the right thing to do while I was struggling. They have always been there when I needed them and they've always contacted me when I needed them to. They've kept me up to date through email and with the online account. They seem to be on top of everything and I've had no regrets at all.

December 8th, 2017 Belen, NM DETAILS

I saw it advertised on T.V. and I needed the help. They have been very courteous and easy to work with. I get emails when something important happens. I'm happy with it since it gave me some relief as far as my debt is concerned. The only thing that's uncomfortable is their fees which are a little high. Still, for what they're doing to help me I think they're fine. It was an easy experience, they didn't belittle me or cheap me, they have been very nice and respectful.

Dawn Jatczak

December 8th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

They are helpful. If I have any questions all I have to do is pick up the phone and call them. Actually, the first person I ever called took care of me and was more than happy to answer all of my questions. Even though she didn't have all the answers, she passed me on to a different section that could answer me. Even now after I signed up she's still there for me and has helped me with everything. They update me on what's going on through emails and have been reliable so far. It has been a little over a year since I got them and I feel I made a good decision. They've taken care of all but one of my bills.

Carol Jonene Roark

December 8th, 2017 Clovis, NM DETAILS

I just wanted to get rid of my debt. They have been very helpful and answered any questions I had. I was kept updated through emails and text messages. I feel good about it.

Alphonso Roberson

December 8th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

At the time I was overwhelmed by debt. They have been great about keeping me up to date and telling me what's going on. I feel like they're doing a great job and as the customer I do my part too and put in the money that I need to put in. They take that and work with it. I feel like it was a good decision and it worked for me.

Angel Magdaleno

December 8th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I was really stretching myself financially with my bills and credit cards. Every time I call them I've had my questions answered and they also give me advice on what to do. I'm always getting updated through emails and calls about the progress they are doing. I was also told I can check their website to see the status of my account. I'm pretty much always aware of what's going on. Now I just have the monthly payment that goes to my account, my two credit cards. It's all working well and I'm excited about it. I was able to get a lot of stress out of my mind, now I don't have to worry about having debts for 5 or 8 years. I think I made the right decision.

Juan Manuel Arellano

December 8th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Anytime I call customer service they are always willing to help and give you the right answers. They do a pretty good job of updating me. They normally send me emails about it. I believe they do the best and come up with a good monthly payment plan. I think it was the best decision I've ever made.

Laura Maselli

December 8th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

The were the very last option I had at the time. The times I had problems, they answer me. It's easy for us to talk to them and so far it has been excellent. I'm very comfy and happy to have them. It's also very affordable, they don't cost too much.

Jeoffrey Maldonado

December 8th, 2017 Downey, CA DETAILS

The service was suggested to us and so far it has been very prompt. It's fast and easy to deal with. They always update me via text message and so far they have been very successful. It was the best decision I've ever made.

Jesse Gomez

December 8th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

It has been excellent so far. They have been very helpful and have stuck to what they say they will do. Their people are very helpful, courteous, knowledgeable, and highly highly highly efficient.

December 8th, 2017 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

At the time I was struggling to pay my bills, so I called different places that offered similar services. Any time someone mentioned my social security number before explaining things to me, I would just hang up. Freedom Debt Relief was the only one that seemed interested in helping me out with my problem. They told me they would let me know if they could help me and once they checked, once they said '''we can do it,'' and explained things to me, I went ahead. I gave them my social security number then. They have done pretty much everything they said they were gonna do. They emailed me and texted me to keep me up to date and I could check in my dashboard anytime I wanted to. Their phone was also wide open and available if I ever needed to call them, someone was always available. The only problem I ever had was with the pricing since was under the impression that it was a good service. I was a little taken aback when I realized that, but in the end it was all worth it, I'm almost completely debt free. The best part of it all was when I got a birthday message from them in May. They sent me good wishes and encouragements, telling me I was almost free of debt and just saying all kinds of nice things. I was overwhelmed and really happy. They really made my day.

Denise Connor

December 8th, 2017 Carson, CA DETAILS

I remember seeing it on the web back then and since they promised to accomplish the goals in the nick of time, I took it. Every time I called in or had an issue, they would take care of my problems right there. I would get calls and updates whenever we had settlements coming up, though I could also use their website and I would get emails and texts as well. I'm happy and satisfied, I should be debt free in a year from now.

Delores Golston

December 8th, 2017 La Mirada, CA DETAILS

I called in to speak to their consultant and it seemed like it had the things that I needed, so I went with it. They've definitely helped me reduce the debt that I had. If something happened with my account or things got settled I would get notices on my cellphones. I could also look at a website they had. They've met the time frame in which they said my debt would be settled. I was in a desperate situation with a heavy burden and they really helped me with it, I didn't stress as much and I'm totally out of debt now.

Amar Shamoon

December 8th, 2017 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

I got it so I could pay out my credit funds. They are giving me great service and keep me updated through fax and email. They are always there and support me, even when I couldn't make the full payment. On that occasion they lowered the payment for that month and continued with me.

Marina Sanchez

December 8th, 2017 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

I was drowning in debt, so I went ahead and got their services. They have been very patient and everything with me. I feel like they're making great progress and I feel good about it.

Chad Murray

December 8th, 2017 Mission Viejo, CA DETAILS

They had the best option to reduce my debt. Every time I have a question it has been answered promptly. Everything is upfront and nothing is hidden. Usually they update me with the client dashboard or with emails.

December 8th, 2017 San Diego, CA DETAILS

They are the best. It was the greatest decision I ever made.

Arlene Funiestas

December 8th, 2017 Corona, CA DETAILS

I wanted to get my debt paid and be over with it. Since I was basically just paying off the interest I was paying off my debt very slowly and I wanted to get that done faster. So when I saw their add online I thought I'd call them. The person I talked to was very nice and not intimidating at all, so I was convinced to sign up for it. They always answer my phone calls and when I leave a message they call me back. I also get texts, emails, or calls when something is going on. That's great since I don't have a computer with me all the time. There have been some instances that the person I talked to wasn't that great, but most of them have been very helpful. I still have a loan with them that I'm paying twice a month, it's all automatically deducted from my payroll so that I make sure that things are getting paid.It's my first time using a service like this and so far it has been good. They have been very accommodating. I'm pretty much done so far. I just gotta call them and clear up some more things.

Elizabeth Cheadle

December 8th, 2017 Anaheim, CA DETAILS

I saw an Ad for them and thought they were a good company. They have been helpful so far and pretty quick to respond when you contact them. I'm always getting emails from them about the progress they are doing, and so far it's working out for us. It's easy to keep up with them. It was a very good decision.

Janet Sirianni Russell

December 8th, 2017 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

I started looking into companies that did this kind of thing because the last thing that I wanted to do was file for bankruptcy. I had worked too hard till then and I had a medical problem, so I thought going with them was the thing to do. They explained everything about the program from the beginning, which was really good. They are just very professional and seem to be very compassionate. They kept me updated on anything that was going on with my case. I could also log into my account to check on the progress of things, but I would always get calls from them as soon as they made a settlement. When I called, if I couldn't get someone to ask my questions to, they would call me right back shortly after. I never had to worry about not being able to get in touch with them. I'm absolutely happy and feel very fortunate in having them. It has been such a relief.