Freedom Debt Relief verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

9.3

Call Now

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $4 billion in debt since their founding in 2002. The company has considerable industry experience and high customer satisfaction ratings. With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. They offer multiple debt services and are available in 34 states. However, they may have potentially higher prices than other companies in the industry.

The Good

• Excellent Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Reviews
  • Online Dashboard

Excellent Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages including:

• Minimum of $7.5k in debt to begin settlement
  • Average cost is 21.5 percent of total debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation when a consumer decides to enlist the company's services. One debt consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire settlement process. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 14 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. With their level of experience, they know that one of the most important things they can offer consumers is industry accreditations. In fact, according to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

Great Reviews

Most Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining the settlement process, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the settlement process.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts.

The Bad

• Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more than this to use FDR.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers services in only 34 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $7.5k.

Complaints

While most of the reviews for FDR are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have include the following:

• It takes too long to settle debts
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, industry experience, thoughtful debt consultants, and more. However, because their price of 20 percent of debt is an average, clients could end up paying more. We recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a low enough quote from them, and they are available in your state.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

Lourdes Tohme

December 8th, 2017 Oxnard, CA DETAILS

The guy I talked to when I first called was really nice and knowledgeable. Since then they have always been very good and courteous. They always send me emails to let me know of the progress of things and they're always on time with that. I think it was a good decision. I'd recommend it to anybody who's in a similar situation as I was.

Linda Martin

December 8th, 2017 California City, CA DETAILS

I had a problem with my company and we lost business all of a sudden. We were overwhelmed with credit cards so I called them for help and they saved us. They were always attentive and helpful and have followed through with every single promise that they have made from the beginning. We get monthly updates of the progress they've made. We had a situation where one of our creditors was going to sue us and in 2 weeks their legal team handled everything efficiently. I'm very happy with it.

Jeffery Beall

December 8th, 2017 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

I saw their Ad on Facebook, I think that was it. It's getting me out of debt and they always send me emails and call me to update me on things. They are getting the job done as they said they would. I regret nothing about it.

Charlotte Wood

December 8th, 2017 Selma, CA DETAILS

I had a quite large hospital bill that had been put to collections and a lot on my credit cards. I felt I had been ripped off as far as the hospital bill went, so I decided to take it to Freedom Debt. They have been very prompt in their communication, usually giving me updates through email. They have worked on my behalf and have already resolved one of my debt and are working on a different one. I feel like they have handled things better than what a lot of companies would've done.

Duane Earl Mckean

December 8th, 2017 Edwards, CA DETAILS

I went with them since they were rated number one company in debt relief. They have great customer service and they keep me updated with emails and phone calls. I'm relieved I made this choice.

Irene G Taylor

December 8th, 2017 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

At the time I was overwhelmed with debt. I didn't want to take out a loan so my only other option was going with Freedom Debt relief to reduce the amount that I owed my creditors. They've always kept in touch with me to keep me updated on how things are going and I can also look at that online. I can just go in and check what's going on with my payments and everything. It works since I don't have to take a loan to consolidate payment or anything, they actually just work with the creditors and negotiate lower amounts for you. Their fees are also very small. I think I did the right thing, I'm almost done with the program.

Eddie Garcia

December 8th, 2017 Tranquillity, CA DETAILS

I got the service to help me with my credit issues. They have been very helpful and always explain what's going on with my credit card and the payments that have been made. I can see the progress they've made through their website. They make sure that I'm updated and that I get all the information.

Arturo Zamora Fernandez

December 8th, 2017 Stockton, CA DETAILS

I thought it was in my best interest to get the service. I've always gotten a quick response whenever reach them. They kept me well informed of every move they made and everything they were doing to help me. They did an excellent job and I'm very satisfied with the position I'm in now.

Michael Joseph Deluca

December 8th, 2017 Moraga, CA DETAILS

There were several reasons why I decided to go with them. They seemed to be a reputable company, I knew people that had used it and that were satisfied, and I felt comfortable with the agents that I spoke to. At first I was pretty nervous of course, I was getting collection calls and I needed to make a decision. Since I had to stop paying my cards my credit took a dive, but after seeing them settle accounts it all seemed like a no brainier. Whenever I call them or send them emails with questions, they respond to me very quickly and to the fullest extent they could. They would also send me emails and call me when a settlement was offered and completed. I also got reminders to check on my online account to check on those things. It was pretty much constant communication. I've been with the program for maybe 6 months and all of my accounts have been settled.

Guillermo W Sanchez

December 8th, 2017 Tracy, CA DETAILS

I signed up with them because I had bills to pay and it was difficult to know how to pay for things without any help. I got a lot of help from them.

Dorthea Ross

December 8th, 2017 Big Oak Flat, CA DETAILS

They are the ones that had the best deal. They have always been very concerned about their customer service and want to make sure that they know what they are doing. I get updated every month or so and I feel very good about that. They took off a lot of pressure I had when paying my bills.

Gale Tauer

December 8th, 2017 Lincoln, CA DETAILS

I got them to help me get some of the credit cards I have paid off. Everybody has been very knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful, especially when it came to deciding which plan would work best for us. They keep me informed about things every month or so, but I can also go on to the website and see how things are progressing. They're very knowledgeable. I'm very satisfied, everything is being paid off very quickly, which was a big surprise for me.

Jose Soria

December 8th, 2017 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

I needed their help with my financial situation. They have always been helpful and are good at keeping up with communication. I feel good about getting it.

Hardie Louise Mcfadden

December 8th, 2017 Roseville, CA DETAILS

I was under a lot of stress and I just couldn't make it through without using their service. Every time I called them they would work with me and get things done. From the moment I was introduced to the program until I finished it they were updating me constantly. If I didn't understand something they would explain it to me, even if they had to do that 3 or 4 times. It was a relief and it took a lot of burden off me. If you're really down and feel like you can't make it, this is the company you can go to. They will do what they say they are going to do.

John Mcdaniel

December 8th, 2017 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

I needed the help since my wife was terminally ill and had just lost her job. I took a big hit on the income and couldn't pay off my credit cards. They have been very helpful and they know what they are doing. I'm also treated very politely and they treat me like a customer, not like an enemy. They are handling my debts and have already knocked down two of them. Since I've been a good customer they're going to try and negotiate a settlement for all of the debts and just let me pay the bank directly. I think they are a great company. They're right on the money, honest, and take care of what needs to be taken care of. It has been a great thing and it has really helped me. They took a lot of pressure off of me and my wife.

Cynthia Bihms

December 8th, 2017 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

I don't really like the fact that I had to use their service, but it was that I needed to do at the time. They are always available to answer my questions and their website is also very user friendly with that. They have done a thorough job of keeping me updated with the website and through phone calls. They are a good company, though it was too expensive.

Gerald Gray

December 8th, 2017 Metlakatla, AK DETAILS

They have a quick response and seem to be able to resolve issues pretty quickly. I get emails with progress updates and I can also log into their website to look at what's happening. The only thing is that afterwards we found out that some organizations resolved things differently than what we hoped, but we're happy for the most part. Once we got past our one kind of major issue, they did everything right.

Irene Briggs

December 8th, 2017 Susanville, CA DETAILS

They send me emails to update me on things and I know I have a client dashboard where I can look at that too. I don't always log into it though, so they remind me to do that and let me know if anything is going on. Recently I discovered that sometimes people will tell me they'll call me back and then they never do. I feel good about using Freedom Debt Relief, though I don't like the lawyer group that works with them at all. Actually, I'm fine with the company itself but some of the other companies they work with kind of suck. We had one of them call us telling us we qualified for a loan or something since we were making our payments in time and everything. They wanted to take our money right out of our bank account. They were kind of rude.

Miguel Muniz

December 8th, 2017 Edna, TX

It's been very relaxing having FDR it's nice not having all the stress that comes with all the debt and calls thanks for the help

DaleB

December 8th, 2017 Clovis, CA

FDR worked for me. I started with $36.000 in debt over 5 different creditors. One was a store, the other 4 were credit cards. Most every debt was negotiated down to 1/2 of what I owed. I paid $550 a month to FDR starting in September 2015. (today is Dec.7, 2017). I now owe about $3500 to pay off my last debt. The projected date is by November 2018.but I will have it paid off by March. You have to put in extra money on your own to work this faster. Any money you pay towards this is worth every penny to get you out of debt sooner. I probably contributed an extra 10 to 15% over the normal payments of $550 a month. Soon I will be $550 richer every month and my creditors will be gone for good. I will not say who were my creditors are because everyone one's situation is different. I will say they will be very familiar to most anyone. Customer service was always helpful and they give you lots of advice when you need it. I never hired their legal services (about $12 a month) but never had any hassles either. You do sign legal documents with each payoff, and it is an advantage to take care of things ASAP. Don't sit on paperwork, get it signed, notarized if needed, and send it off. If you are a little proactive things will move swifter and smoother.

Gerry Smith

December 7th, 2017 Scottsboro, AL DETAILS

I needed help paying some of my bills, so I went and hired them. At first I was scared because there are a lot of companies out there that scam you, but I talked to them for a long time before I decided to go with them. They have explained everything to me, including how the process works. They've kept me up to date with how my account is doing, mostly through phone calls. They have been really good to me and have stayed in contact. It's a great company.

George Hobby

December 7th, 2017 Goodlettsville, TN DETAILS

A friend of mine recommended Freedom Debt to me. They were very easy to contact and very knowledgeable. I'm satisfied and I liked that the payments can be put on automatic pilot. It wasn't too difficult to set it all up. I'm happier since I can just send them the money and they take care of the rest.

Janeise Carter

December 7th, 2017 Lowndesboro, AL' DETAILS

I was in a lot of debt at the time and couldn't see my way out of it. They have gotten the job done and got me right back on track with things. I usually get update emails from them.

Carolyn Brown

December 7th, 2017 Bay Minette, AL DETAILS

I was going through some hard times since both of my parents were sick and my mother had died with Alzheimer's and dementia. I was trying to help them and Freedom Debt helped me. Every time I call them I can just talk to a human being. They'll answer all my questions and explain things well. It's not like they're rushing to get you off the phone. They would also call me, send me text messages, or email me to let me know what was going on. I was constantly going into my dashboard to look at things as well. It has been very good.

Linda Bell

December 7th, 2017 Murfreesboro, TN DETAILS

I needed the help to get my finances in order. Any time I called them with questions or concerns they are always willing to help me, no matter what the thing is. They have always been courteous and friendly.

Geraldine Lening

December 7th, 2017 Lebanon, TN DETAILS

I got behind on all of the debts and had debtors calling me all the time. I needed to do something so I just looked them up. They have been really nice and have helped me a whole lot. Every time I've called they have been there. I get updated on things on the internet or through emails. They just do what they say they will do unlike a lot of other places that don't. I feel really good about it.

Jamie Oliver

December 7th, 2017 Elizabethton, TN DETAILS

They can always answer my questions and are always willing to help. Though I don't think they do things very well. I think that they could pay some of the debt I have a little bit faster than what they are doing, but I don't understand how it all works. Right now it's still looking like I still have quite a lot of debt. I assumed that they would take care of the two major ones first, but I have not had anything paid or taken care of yet, so I'm a little bit nervous. I also don't know how much it's going to cost me. I don't think it's going to cost as much as the debt I have, but I'm still worried about it.

Mark Gaynor

December 7th, 2017 Chattanooga, TN DETAILS

On several times I needed their help and they came through for me. Nearly every month I'd get an email telling me what was going on. I was well informed all the time. I feel great about going with them, I'm almost done. I'm very happy.

Franchiska Powels

December 7th, 2017 Memphis, TN DETAILS

My debt looked like it was going to take a long time to pay back, but when I started working with them they started to clear out the creditors. It has been great thing to do. Whenever I email them they email me right back and let me know what is going on with my case and everything. They have been very fast, friendly, and helpful in every case so far. They take care of business and have cut almost every payment that I had, making it all very easy. I'm happy that I hired them.

M.H.

December 7th, 2017 Millington, TN' DETAILS

I was on the point of desperation. I had an enormous debt accumulated and I was afraid I would even die before I was debt free. Freedom debt helped me with everything. They have answered all my questions and give me monthly notices on my computer when things happen. I have no complains about anything. I'm perfectly satisfied.

Marvin Atkins

December 7th, 2017 Kingsport, TN DETAILS

I needed some help getting over my debt. They have been good people to work with. They've kept me updated real well over the internet. They're just excellent.

H.S.

December 7th, 2017 Gainesboro, TN DETAILS

I needed help at the time since I was ill and had just lost my income. I didn't know how to get all my bills paid, so when I saw the advertisement online I thought it would be a good idea to have someone help me sort it all out. That way I could pay the amount that they were asking me for. They are doing all they can to help me and lower my debt. They have already helped me a lot. At this point though I'm not really sure how it'll turn out. They haven't told me what they're going to charge me once it gets done. I've put in a lot of money to have them handle things but I don't really know. For now they seem trustworthy.

Lucinda Francis

December 7th, 2017 Lawrenceburg, TN DETAILS

I had gone with national before and ended up switching to Freedom Debt because they looked like a better company. They do a service that people really need. They work with you as best as they can and take care of the problems. They know how to work with you and explain the process along the way. Usually it's up to me to check on the computer to see where they are. Still, whenever I call them they would explain stuff to me. Most of the time they had someone I could talk to if I needed it. Sometimes I have trouble getting through to them though and since I'm no good on a computer it's a bit complicated. I feel okay having to do it though. I like that I'm now able to pay my bills on time and if anything bad comes up they can help me keep up with things.

December 7th, 2017 Mt Sterling, KY DETAILS

The first person that I spoke with was very patient and he just gathered the information that he needed from me. He would call me right back each time and wouldn't just leave me hanging. Everything was ready to go in one day. They always answered any questions that I had and always notified me of things through email or on their dashboard. I just felt like they were on top of everything and I appreciated them keeping me informed. If there was ever an issue they can get it taken care of. They are just wonderful and were really concerned about helping me get off my credit card debt.

Jo Ann Nelson

December 7th, 2017 Louisville, KY DETAILS

I liked what I saw with them after checking several other companies, so I went with them. They are constantly in touch with you whenever there is a change in your account. They send you a notification through mail or text to inform you of those things and ask me if I'm aware of those movements. The service is very customer oriented and they are good about staying in touch with you. I feel like I made the right choice. I don't have any of the headaches that I would've had if I had to deal with them myself.

John Taylor

December 7th, 2017 Raccoon, KY DETAILS

I chose this service to keep myself from bankruptcy. So far they have done everything they said they would. They've kept me updated with emails and phone calls. They are good about keeping their word.

Deborea Cummins

December 7th, 2017 Latonia, KY DETAILS

I happened to see them on Facebook at a time when I needed to have something that could help me get my bills under control. They have been willing to work with me so far and I really appreciate what they've done. I'm satisfied with it.

December 7th, 2017 Bowling Green, KY DETAILS

They are a very good company and they were very concerned about our debt. So far they have been personable, nice, and generally they do really seem to care. I usually look on their dashboard to check on the progress of things and if I ever have any question I can just call them at any time. The only thing I wish they would change is the way they contact companies and such. They do individual accounts one at a time, but I wish they would contact all the debt agencies and let them know that they're working on the accounts. Still, I feel like I made a good decision working with Freedom Debt Relief.

Mary Elizabeth Mullins

December 7th, 2017 Vicco, KY DETAILS

I just had too much credit card debt at the time. So far they have done a really good job at getting those accounts settled. I get updated on that mostly through calls and emails. I feel really good and relieved now, I don't have all that debt hanging over my head anymore.

Daniella Housler

December 7th, 2017 Cecilia, KY DETAILS

They were highly recommended by a friend. They have always been available to answer questions when I have them. Freedom Debt is probably one of the friendliest companies I ever dealt with. When something happened they would reach out to me and call me to let me know. Things got done exactly as I needed them to get done. They seemed to get my matters resolved a lot faster than what I could've done. It was a great decision, I'd do it again.