Chase, which merged with JPMorgan & Co to become JPMorgan Chase & Co in 2000, is one of the "big four" banks in the United States. The company offers a number of financial services, including credit cards and banking.

#1 Capital One chevron_right
#2 American Express (Amex) chevron_right
#3 Discover chevron_right

The Good

• APRs
  • Rewards
  • Fraud Safeguards

APRs

Chase offers some cards with an introductory rate of 0 percent for the first 15 months. After that, rates are very competitive among rates offered by other top credit card companies.

Rewards

Chase offers several rewards programs that allow cardholders to earn cash back rewards, bonuses, and travel points.

Fraud Safeguards

Chase works to help its customers reduce losses by catching fraudulent activity before it causes serious damage by offering monitoring and verification services. Visit Site

The Bad

• Annual Fee
  • Late Payment Penalty
  • Foreign Transaction Fee
  • No Free Credit Score Tracking

Annual Fee

Depending on the card, Chase charges annual fees that can climb pretty high, higher than industry average.

Late Payment Penalty

Late payments will incur fees, but these cahrges are competitive within the industry.

Foreign Transaction Fee

Chase charges a fee of 3 percent for foreign transactions, which can be deterring for frequent travelers. However, not every card carries this fee, and products such as the Sapphire Preferred and Sapphire Reserve have no transaction fees.

No Free Credit Score Tracking

Some companies in the industry allow their cardholders to monitor their credit scores for free. However, Chase does not offer this service.

The Bottom Line

Chase offers competitive APRs, several rewards programs, and a number of fraud safeguards. However, the company charges a few different fees, including annual fees, late payment fees, and foreign transaction fees. Further, Chase does not offer free credit score tracking.

Andrew Weckerly

July 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always get right through to a real person when I call in. Their vacation protection, price drop protection, and extended warranties have all saved me money and been pretty painless experiences. Ultimate rewards is also a really seamless experience that provides tremendous value when transferring to travel partners.

JOHN T MEEHAN

July 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

good customer service; good rewards program

Karen Ramirez

July 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are responsive and when I have had a concern about an item on my card, they help resolve the issue for me.

Alejandro DE Jesus

May 22nd, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I get my money worth with Chases's promos on discounts and cash backs. I like that because they stretch my dollar to purchase even more.

abe fried

May 21st, 2020 Bensalem, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrific service! very professional and have very good sign up bonus promotions! i have a number of cards with them for years and their customer service is outstanding.

B-dog

May 18th, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have 2 Chase credit cards. They are easy to work with and the app is so simple to use when checking account or making payments.

Shirley Johnson

April 13th, 2020 Cameron, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got a fraud alert and cannot get in touch with anyone now and the app keeps telling me it's not working at this time and no one will call me and let me know what's going on with my card. Also I was one day late one time with my payment because of a holiday and they raised my interest rate.

MattB

April 1st, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use my Chase credit card for all of my everyday purchases. It offers great rewards and I love the way the app is laid out and so easy for me to use my card and make my payments every month.

Bryan Jensen

March 31st, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used Visa for a long time. Great service, low rates, and it is accepted everywhere.

Ken Glanville

March 24th, 2020 Raleigh, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

connected to Southwest Airlines, so most every purchase involved travel and became easy to overspend and deal with high interest rates, high minimum balances

Linda F Daniels

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like Chase- conveniently located.Always keeps me informed & helps me with finances

Collin beckford

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

good rewards . easy to deal with .also they offer discounts at various stores

Melissa R

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Did not like the high interest rates. Did not like the lack of flexibility when trying to pay.

walter alameda

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Exelente..good costumer service ..the only banck where de costumer is first

Kathryn

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

pretty good, they have good benefits if you own Marriott timeshares

Hector H

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are always there to answer any concerns, they make sure you are protected should your account against fraud

Bee Faith

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Immediately contact me with unusual activity, perfect bookkeeping, never any problems

BEVERLY VAN GUNDY

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great I love all the free flights ,I but everyone of my perches on it.

Carol Kalvik

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had this same card for over 15 years with only one small billing problem. One call to Chase's customer service phone number and my issue was resolved immediately with apologies, speed, and much professionalism. I have cancelled other credit cards due to billing issues but the Chase card I recommend whenever the subject comes up.

Gordon Mancuso

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've gotten thousands of dollars in sign up bonuses from Chase. Always glad to take their money if they're offering.

Karen Torino

March 12th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honestly I have no complaints about my credit card. It was really easy to choose from, since Chase helps you find exactly what you are looking for, and I have not had any issues with Chase or the card itself. The benefits are nice and I look forward to using Chase for as long as I can.

Larry Hawker

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very good to work with. There co-brand cards are excellent.

Beverly

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are able to give you clear information. They have excellent security services and quickly respond if something does not seem correct in a transaction. They will help you if you need to get a refund from a company that hesitates to do so.

Deb

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love my chase freedom unlimited. It is accepted everywhere. It gives 1.5% on all purchases. If there is a problem it is taken care of immediately. You can check on purchases through the website or the app.

Druzell Asberry

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anytime problem you have with your credit card or purchases they take care of it immediately

Elaine Ahlers

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

no problems and great rewards can use it anywhere and their mobil site is easy to use

Helen Whatmough

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good response to any questions or concerns. Good travel benefits

Jiebo

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

customer service is top of the line. You can talk to a real person who can solve your problem.

Will

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

excellent. customer support is well communicated with the people they work with and do not have a problem in answering questions in a prompt fashion.

Warren Williams

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chase card was good was able to help me with renting room cars for football games

RICK

VERY GOOD RESPONSIVE CLEARLY EXPLAINED AND GOOD REWARDS

Kevin P Mullins

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

excellent support- tremendous fraud detection. great customer interfaces and self serve capabilities

Brandy

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chase is basically the most professional, upkeep bank. They are super fast with payments, credit cards are amazing, service is great. Since they are such a high standing bank though you must have at least good credit to apply for their credit cards, above average. But honestly, out of the three accounts that I have, I prefer Chase hands down.

Janan Grange

March 9th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a Chase Credit Card for the last 4 years. We choose to go with Chase because they have some of the best deals on points for travel. So far we have been able to go on two vacations using our points from our credit card. The website for the Credit Card is easy to use and we've booked a lot of travel with the website. A few years ago I actually forgot to put my son's middle name on the airline ticket. I called customer service and they quickly helped me figure it out.

Deborah integlia

March 8th, 2020 Bedford, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Been a chase member as long as I have been a southwest flyer, 19 years. They have excellent service and I love collecting miles.

Myken

March 8th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent card with great rewards. I love the sign up bonuses and wish there were more cards out there like it

Anita pea

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chase bank credit cards are awesome, they were easy to use and easy to set up and my credit score is good with them.

FIXITART

March 7th, 2020 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I took a chance and got a Chase credit card so I could get a $100 discount on an Amazon purchase. After purchasing my item from Amazon I went thru the process of attempting to pay my bill online. The site states i should have my card within two weeks. It took 4 weeks to get the card. You can not pay your bill until I got the card. It also took a phone call to Chase customer service to calm me that the two weeks is usually more like 3 to 4 weeks. Got my bill paid finally after getting my card. Every thing has been smooth since.

DeeDee G.

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great banking service! Awesome customer service when I had trouble getting my account set up!

J Connelly

March 5th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had a Chase credit card for years. Good customer service and some great perks with their different credit cards.

jkenny90

March 4th, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The southwest credit card with Chase offers great rewards for travel. I've gained a lot of points through use and been able to get a few free flights because of it. The annual fee is a little pricey but you get the value back in points on your account.

Eny Donnelly

March 4th, 2020 Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have this credit card , I loved special for traveling it doesn’t charge foreign fee

Eric Gagnard

March 4th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great rates and an easy to access app to pay my bills. Workers are always happy to see me when I walk and are very helpful with any problems I have paying on my credit card.

Josh Harold

March 4th, 2020 Zachary, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve had a chase debit card since I was sixteen and I’ve never had a problem. I always felt like my money was secure and the app provided did a great job at allowing me to access my account

Kimsreview

March 4th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have a Southwest Visa card and have been very happy with it. I am able to get points to take the kids on trips.

Maryann Renteria (Mckrae)

February 29th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I currently have the Southwest card by chase! It’s my #1 card by far!! I love it and the ability to get air miles😁

Dave Marble

February 29th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love my Chase and the rewards, great benefits and options for everyone to choose

Aidan Keogh

February 28th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had our Chase credit card for many years. We love that by purchasing we are able to receive points towards other purchases. We had a time when our Credit Card number was stolen and they were quick to remove the purchases and issue a new card.

Anthea Aiono

February 27th, 2020 Riverton, UT

I have banked with CHASE for years now and love it. My experiences has always been good whether over the phone or in person at the local branch.

Club rush

February 27th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have a chase card and account that we use frequently. If there is ever a problem it is quickly resolved.