Chase

8.9

Chase, which merged with JPMorgan & Co to become JPMorgan Chase & Co in 2000, is one of the "big four" banks in the United States. The company offers a number of financial services, including credit cards and banking.

The Good

• APRs
  • Rewards
  • Fraud Safeguards

APRs

Chase offers some cards with an introductory rate of 0 percent for the first 15 months. After that, rates rise to 15.74 to 24.49 percent*, which is very competitive among rates offered by other top credit card companies.

Rewards

Chase offers several rewards programs that allow cardholders to earn cash back rewards, bonuses, and travel points.

Fraud Safeguards

Chase works to help its customers reduce losses by catching fraudulent activity before it causes serious damage by offering monitoring and verification services. Visit Site

The Bad

• Annual Fee
  • Late Payment Penalty
  • Foreign Transaction Fee
  • No Free Credit Score Tracking

Annual Fee

Depending on the card, Chase charges annual fees up to $95, which is higher than industry average.

Late Payment Penalty

Late payments will incur fees of $15 to $37 dollars.

Foreign Transaction Fee

Chase charges a fee of 3 percent for foreign transactions, which can be deterring for frequent travelers.

No Free Credit Score Tracking

Some companies in the industry allow their cardholders to monitor their credit scores for free. However, Chase does not offer this service.

The Bottom Line

Chase offers competitive APRs, several rewards programs, and a number of fraud safeguards. However, the company charges a few different fees, including annual fees, late payment fees, and foreign transaction fees. Further, Chase does not offer free credit score tracking.

4.1

November 20th, 2017 San Jose, CA DETAILS

No hassles with transactions and good credit fraud protection

November 20th, 2017 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

Chase has THE poorest Customer Service! They don't listen and you have to repeat yourself over and over. You have to be transfered at least once to get action for problems.

November 20th, 2017 DETAILS

My Chase Visa credit card account was opened in the NY. Not sure of other Visa cards, I use Chase Visa cards only. My problem gripe is that if I use my Chase Visa cards outside of the Continental USA, there will be a charge of either 3 or 5% fee (not sure exactly how much). This fee also apply for using it in Puerto Rico, where I temporary base . I thought Puerto Rico was part of USA!!!!!

November 18th, 2017 Iowa, LA

They pay me to buy things. I pay off the balance so I pay no interest. Their service is great. They watch out for unlawful charges.

November 13th, 2017 Orem, UT' DETAILS

Great cash back incentives. UI easy to use.

November 13th, 2017 Gastonia, NC' DETAILS

Easy to understand billing and statements, multiple ways to pay, happy with rewards and rate.

November 13th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

Chase is great! We got set up on 0 percent APR for 18 months and it has been awesome for helping us pay off our laptops for school.

November 11th, 2017 Frederick, MD DETAILS

I feel like they watch over my card for fraud- which makes me happy. They are fair with APR's. Customer service is alway polite and ready to help.

November 8th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS

My experience with Chase has lasted about eight years now and has been pretty good. For a massive bank corporation, I feel they still do a decent job of good customer service. One thing I really do appreciate about them is their security, I feel they have a lot of great safeguards in place to make recovering from a stolen credit card simple and not scary. Also, their technology is fantastic, in the sense that their smartphone app, website, and frequent new features work well and make things really convenient.

November 2nd, 2017 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Chase has been a reliable company for us. We do prefer other cards more, but we do use our Chase card. We have missed a payment before, and if we call them, they fix it for us when we honestly just missed the payment. They are good people to work with.

October 30th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

The website is a little annoying, but I do like my Amazon cash back.

October 25th, 2017 Leesburg, VA DETAILS

We have been with Chase Visa for 20 plus years with no problems. If they see a charge out of the ordinary, they are calling us before we have a chance to call them.

October 24th, 2017 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

They're good enough but I'm not eligible for best benefits

October 24th, 2017 Crystal Lake, IL DETAILS

I don't have any issues with Chase in terms of service, the rewards could be better.

October 24th, 2017 Paso Robles, CA DETAILS

Love everything except I think they could have more security features. This number gets stolen all the time.

October 18th, 2017 Madison, WI

No problems with Chase thus far...safe reliable Just not going to be nearby soon

October 9th, 2017 Daytona Beach, FL

Do not honor their promise to increase card limit after six on time payments and I had the card for 6 years, never made a minimum payment and never missed a payment. I just paid them off and will never use them again.

October 2nd, 2017 Fremont, CA

they turned me down for a credit card even though my fico score is over 850. will never do business again with chase.

October 2nd, 2017

ease of use, good analytics, good technology

October 2nd, 2017 San Diego, CA

They are always on top of the fraud and hacking of my credit cards

October 2nd, 2017 Rocklin, CA

Quick to respond to fraud issues... or any issues you have

September 25th, 2017 Louisville, KY

There is no yearly fees and it is just a great company to have

September 25th, 2017 Pompton Lakes, NJ

I like the card, however I have nothing to ahi for the thousands I've spent on my United card. I have never received one plane ticket from all the money we have spent.

September 25th, 2017 Pine Level, NC

I've had the chase freedom card since 2005...all statements and payments have been correctly posted. The card administrators have also contacted me twice about suspicious usage; the suspicious usage was by me and after explaining the circumstances the card lady apologized and said she would take steps to correct the problem. I believe they are very good at monitoring the accounts and very willing to help in any way.

September 25th, 2017 Louisville, KY

they are pests. Everytime you turn around they are sending you blank checks for you to tranfer other credit debt. Their rates are slightly higher. Or they keep sending you junk mail.

September 25th, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

They're great, and I love the accuracy of my account. Friendliness of the bank staff

September 14th, 2017 Fort Pierce, FL

The interest rate is a little to high. Been a card member for along time and CHASE knows my payment history.

September 14th, 2017 Albuquerque, NM

Interest rates are high and going higher but customer service is good.

September 14th, 2017 Vancouver, WA

okay service; okay interest rate; okay everything. Just okay.

September 14th, 2017 Preston, ID

I have NEVER had any problems. Whenever I have needed to call I actually get to talk to a person. Their customer service is GREAT!!!

September 14th, 2017 Cornelius, OR

Customer services is null, not willing to work with long standing customers about interest rates or services.

September 14th, 2017 Buffalo, NY

I have had no issues. The only thing I wish for is that someday I could actually talk into my bracelet and pendant. Sometimes I forget to take the piece you talk into and listen to,

September 14th, 2017 Fairview Heights, IL

I've had the card for 30 plus years and have never had a problem with service or the products offered by Chase. I am completely satisfied with Chase and would gladly recommend their services to my family and friends.

September 14th, 2017 San Diego, CA

low interest rate, high credit line, convenience checks often

September 12th, 2017 Forest Lake, MN

They are very nasty people unwilling to work with you report incorrectly and will not correct any issues they do whatever they want to your credit report I have a credit agency working on this and cannot get anywhere with them

September 12th, 2017 Peoria, IL

Good Customer Service and Support. Can do better on the cash back. There are others credit cards out there that are offering more cashback points with no annual fees

Great return on money spent and low fees

Great return on money spent and low fees

September 12th, 2017 Ithaca, NY

Unexpected rate hikes when economy is not performing well; misleading promotions ending in NG results

September 12th, 2017

Refused to adjust APR after incorrect information was removed from credit report. My APR was evaluated on false information.