Best Company Guarantee AUTOPAY Logo

AUTOPAY

8.7

LAST UPDATED: July 26th, 2022

AUTOPAY provides direct-to-consumer financing and refinancing for individuals looking for the best financing terms and a no-hassle transaction.

search

Highlight: AUTOPAY rates and terms

• Rates — as low as 1.99%
  • Minimum income requirement — $2,000 per month ($24,000 annually)
  • Minimum credit score — 600
  • Loan amounts — $2,500–$100,000
  • Loan terms — 24–84 months
  • No Social Security needed for prequalification
  • Loan offers are good for 30 days

Continue reading for a full review of this auto refinance company, or jump down to Autopay reviews.

The Good

• Multiple Refinancing Options
  • Get Rates Instantly
  • Low Minimum Credit Score
  • Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

Multiple Refinancing Options

AUTOPAY offers multiple types of refinancing:

• Traditional refinancing — lower your interest rate, reduce your monthly payment, shorten the length of your loan, and find a lender that better fits your needs
  • Cash back refinancing — get as much as $12,000 cash back and use funds to pay high interest debt
  • Lease payoff refinancing — keep a car you are currently leasing at the end of your term and even pay off the lease early

With these options you can more easily tailor your refinancing experience to your specific needs and circumstances. It is important to note that not all auto refinance lenders offer cash back refinancing or lease buyouts.

Get Rates Instantly

No matter the reason you're refinancing your vehicle, AUTOPAY works hard to make the process short, simple, and entirely online.

To start, you will need to provide some basic information. This includes things like your name and whether you're applying alone or with a co-borrower. You'll also be asked to provide your address, previous address, current employment status, and information about the vehicle and your existing loan.

Once all the e-paperwork is filled out, AUTOPAY will present a list of loan offers from different loan lenders.

Low Minimum Credit Score

With a minimum credit score requirement of approximately 600, AUTOPAY recognizes that not everyone will have a perfect credit score, and is committed to helping everyone refinance their auto loan. AUTOPAY will work with you to get the best rates possible.

Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

To see your rates, AUTOPAY does a soft credit inquiry or a soft pull (which does not affect your credit score). This is great for those who are merely comparing quotes and shopping around before committing to an auto refinancing loan.

Once you select a loan offer with AUTOPAY, then a hard credit pull is required.

The Bad

• Not a Direct Lender
  • No Refund Policy

Not a Direct Lender

While it isn't necessarily a bad thing that AUTOPAY isn't a direct lender, processing and underwriting loans in-house, it does have a few drawbacks: rates are subject to change depending on the lender you choose from AUTOPAY's network, and fees may also vary.

However, refinancing through a marketplace lender, such as AUTOPAY, does provide you with greater flexibility in finding the best loan option for your needs. But it is important that you reasearch your chosen lender to know what fees and terms they might have.

No Refund Policy

AUTOPAY has a no refund policy. Don't expect any refunds to be provided for payments made to your AUTOPAY account.

The Bottom Line

AUTOPAY is a good option for anyone who has recently improved their credit score and would like to start their search on a refinancing company.

AUTOPAY is not a lender, but is a lender marketplace (meaning you fill out a form and will receive offers from multiple lenders in AUTOPAY's credit union network). Most auto refinancing companies operate under the same model, providing a borrower with the ability to view and compare various refinancing loans and rates. A benefit or working with AUTOPAY is that a list of lenders will be populated after you enter your information online. Many other companies require a phonecall with a company representative before a borrower can access a list of lenders.

After submitting your application, AUTOPAY will do a soft credit pull, which does not affect your credit score. If you choose to work with a lender, then a hard credit pull is required.

There are currently no AUTOPAY customer reviews, and so we are not in a position to recommend this company at this time. If you have refinanced an auto loan through AUTOPAY, please leave a review about your experience to help future consumers.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Linard B Feaster Richmond, TX

Auto Pay was able to approve me in minutes. I am very pleased with my lower interest rate and the money saved. It was a quick and easy process for a refinance. I would definitely recommend!

Reply from AUTOPAY

What great feedback! Thank you, Linard!

Jul. 15th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Angel North Las Vegas, NV

Zero issues, great customer service, easy step by step process. Patience is a great deal when it comes to working with people and they have it!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Angel! We are glad you had such a great experience, thank you!

Jul. 30th, 2021

Miriah

I tried several other different credit institutions for a loan for my vehicle and I finally received a call back from Autopay saying that they would be able to process my application and I was finally able to find someone who would work with me and that was really great. My credit officer that was working with me was incredibly nice and incredibly helpful throughout the whole process. I had a little bit of unique situation where I was having to do a private purchase from my previous cosigner and my loan officer just really went above and beyond and out of his way to make sure that I was able to get everything that I needed, he made extra phone calls to this other person that was involved and just really took a lot of the stress off me. I can't say enough nice things about about him and the way that he handled this whole process it was super super helpful for me.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We always enjoy seeing feedback like this! Thank you Miriah for choosing AUTOPAY!

Briana Odaniel Yuba City, CA

Stephen G was absolutely incredible and such a please to work with. He went above and beyond for me and really worked hard to make sure all questions were answered and that we were thorough in dealing with my ex and getting paperwork signed to change my title for my vehicle. I am extremely grateful for Stephen and really appreciate all he did!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Briana, Thank you! We appreciate you sharing and will pass along feedback!

Jul. 7th, 2022

Stephanie Shoemaker Spokane, WA

Kristi at AutoPay is exceptionally knowledgeable caring kind and always available. The loan refinance that I have was much needed and I am very relieved to be saving my hard earned money and knowing that I have a good honest finance company that I was introduced to by the awesome and amazing people at AutoPay.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Stephanie, thank you for choosing AUTOPAY, we are excited to see all the feedback and are grateful that we could help you through your refinance!

Crystal Williams Fayetteville, NC

Because I continue to receive correspondence by email and in the mail when I wasn't approved and I continuously got him even though I was not approved in the beginning. There is a disconnect when you have a caseworker or somebody working on your case I still had two other agents call from auto pay and I think that that should be something that is known right away.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We appreciate your feed back! This is the only way we get better. Thank you for working with AUTOPAY!

yourrqueen Oxnard, CA

My experience with Robert at Autopay was excellent! He was very patient & quick to answer anything I was worried about & made sure I understood everything. We had a couple bumps on the road but nothing that wasn’t able to get handled. His patience was everything! I would 100% recommended!! I would definitely go through with them again.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Perfect, Thank you,! Customers are first! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Jul. 27th, 2022

Brianne Johnson Calumet City, IL

Auto pay linked me with the best finance company to refinance my vehicle and my current loan was always paid off in a timely manner I have been able to lower my monthly car note as well as my interest rate

Reply from AUTOPAY

Great to hear we were able to help you save! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Shanna Anderson, IN

To be honest they sent the money to the wrong place when I told them where to send it they still sent it to the wrong place. We corrected them again and the last payment went back to the first place they sent it to. Thank goodness Jd B was able to get everything taken care of. Then recently it's been over a month they asked me to get title paperwork notarized again. I've already paid $40 out and got the paperwork notarized and sent to them FedEx. I texted them and asked them why I needed to do it again and nobody has reached back out . It has not been my best experience

Reply from AUTOPAY

Shanna, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize, as this is not the experience we strive for here at AUTOPAY. If you wish, we would be more than happy to address your questions or concerns as well. Please call us at 844-290-5731 when you are ready.

Candy Lea McDonald Ardmore, OK

My rating is based on the organization and speed of the AUTOPAY loan process. However it would have been a 5 had the loan specialist been a little more friendly, it kind of seemed like they could care less whether I made the car loan through AUTOPAY or not. They weren't mean just not what you would expect when looking to refinance your car in turns of enthusiasm and kindness.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Candy, Thank you for your feedback! Its the only way we can improve!

Jun. 3rd, 2022

They try to do everything they can and will try to work with you with the best best customer service that they can give you. They understood my situation when I told them and they try to work with me to the best of their abilities.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Our customer's come first! Thank you for sharing!

Elijah

Everything was on the up and up as far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen any red flags. The representatives were always there if I had any questions. I knew that if I called them up I would get an answer quickly. I was really pleased with how everything went down.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Outstanding! Thank you for sharing your feedback Elijah! We truly appreciate it!

Daniela

They give you a pretty good rate, way better than what I had to work with, so I'm pretty happy about that. We get a little communication and just had a bit little trouble getting all of my calls answered. I don't know if my agent was just sick or something. I got called today I he answered the questions I had.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is great to hear, We will pass along your feedback! Thank you!

Melinda

My customer support representative was very helpful, he kept in contact through every step of the process and he made sure that when the FedEx showed up with the check that we were contacted and told so. They were a lot better than what we had before, they lowered not only our car payments but also lowered our insurance a little bit.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business! Cheers, AUTOPAY

Earl

I was able to get the lowest interest rate and the right vendor for me. The continuous communication was the key part prospect checking and making sure things were submitted on time and making sure the documents are going back together.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Earl, thank you for choosing AUTOPAY, we are excited to see all the feedback and are grateful that we could help you through your refinance!

Amber

I enjoyed the representative that I got to work with because she was very straightforward, told me exactly what I needed to do, and allowed me to take my time. She was very good about communicating and I think that's very important.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is great to hear Amber, We will pass along your feedback! Thank you!

Gladys Vasquez Moreno Valley, CA

Autopay was able to get me Refinanced with an ideal loan option that I couldn't believe! I was paying 26% in just Interest! They found a company where my Interest rate id 10% .. ! Now i know 10% is not great but from 26% to 10% now that's a huge difference! Thank you AutoPay

Reply from AUTOPAY

Gladys, thank you for choosing AUTOPAY, we are excited to see all the feedback and are grateful that we could help you to save money!

Georgia Violette Plainview, TX

Easy to work with and very friendly. I found Autopay through Credit Karma. I did not think that I could get a refinance auto loan with such a good percentage rate. But I did.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Georgia, we are thrilled to have lowered your rate and save you on your payment! Thanks for the feedback! Cheers AUTOPAY!

Jin Kyu Lee Rockville, MD

I had a great experience with AUTOPAY. My agent Kelly helped me tremendously with all the issues along the process. Very responsive and willing to help with every task. Extremely satisfying.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Jin, Thank you so much for your feedback. We will pass the message along! Thanks again for choosing AUTOPAY!

Steven walker Graeagle, CA

Extremely helpfull and patient. Had trouble getting proof of residence for one loan so they helped me find another that accepts more documents for it to work and go through. But when they finished the loan process they didnt give me a follow up call to find the next steps and kinda fell off the radar. Other than that service was very good.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for your feedback Steven! We greatly appreciate your business!

Thomas

They had a good rates. The person who helped me out did a fantastic job and she answered every single question I had. She called up with every little detail I needed to get my loans.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Outstanding! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Gary

I would say they're very trustworthy, I had no trouble along with them. They saved me a fair amount of money and I much appreciate it. I appreciate dealing with them and it was a good experience and I think they're a good asset.The rates were very good and I thought they were very competitive. They were very helpful. I had no problems.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the feedback! Cheers AUTOPAY!

Patrick

I would like a better rate, but they got me better than what I had. The guy was super amazing and had answer to every question I had. Everything was just real smooth and easy to deal with.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Patrick, we are thrilled to have lowered your rate! Thanks for the feedback! Cheers AUTOPAY!

Jessica

I've always been looking to refinance my car and I feel like it was just provided fast and I'm able to save money over time. They were very efficient, friendly, and always available anytime I have any question.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Jessica, Thank you,! Customers service is our way of life! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Aubrey

Customer service did a great job, sent information in email for every bit of the process, very communicative and allowed me to ask questions. They responded quickly and just made the process easy.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Outstanding Aubrey! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

Denise

They were very responsive and they reached out to me fairly quickly after the application was submitted. It was an overall very positive experience. I'm very happy with what I ended up with.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for sharing your experience, !

May. 25th, 2022

Vincent P Bradley Charlotte, NC

Great customer service my representative with own point on documents getting my loan through telling me what I needed to to let the loan go through and everything was in a successful time and manner

Reply from AUTOPAY

Perfect, Thank you,! Customers are first! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

May. 25th, 2022

Olivia J Harlow Morganton, NC

Autopay was awesome from day one! They got us a lower rate and payment. They were efficient and even helped us with getting a notary when there was an error. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend these kind and courteous individuals to handle your refinancing needs. Always there to answer questions and they kept me up to date all through out the process. I say go for it!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for the thoughtful review, Olivia! I'm so glad we were able to provide such an excellent experience.

Sabrina Silva Caruthers, CA

I applied for a refinance with AUTOPAY and I was assisted by Jeffrey throughout the entire process. He made everything clear and quick. This is an experience where I can truly say that I was helped along every step of the way to achieve my goal of refinancing. Thank you Jeffrey and AUTOPAY for making it possible in getting a loan with a low APR that I wanted.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is a wonderful review, Sabrina! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this. We will follow up wit you loan specialist to make sure he gets the awesome feedback. Thanks for choosing AUTOPAY!

Mar. 17th, 2022

Christopher A Banks Fishers, IN

Fast and easy refinance with a staff that offers great customer service. They take most of the work in the background making it painless to the customer. Noninvasive communication with you the customer via text messages, so you are not inconvenienced at work or your personal time. Great value for your money and great quality of service that lets you rest at ease during your loan agreement. Thank you Autopay for making a loan the way a loan should be handled and setting the bar high for everyone else out there. Giving the service that a consumer deserves and realizing that the customer is what pays your paychecks and making them your priority first.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for leaving such a thoughtful review, Christopher! This is absolutely wonderful to hear. Thank you again for choosing AUTOPAY, and just reach out if we can help with anything at all!

Dec. 10th, 2021

Jaziel Mesquite, NV

Great customer service. Clear information. Didn't try to rush me in any document reading or signing. Went over every question I had.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Perfect Jaziel, Thank you,! Customers are first! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Jul. 7th, 2022

Vanessa Drinkwater Morongo Valley, CA

Friendly, very helpful. My agent was thorough and able to help me via text, call, and email. We got it done quickly and she communicated well.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Outstanding Vanessa! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Nicholas DeVita Hellertown, PA

My experience was terrible. I was called/contacted nonstop until I agrred to sign the loan. It then took 6 weeks and 5 failed checks to pay off my original loan. I as the customer had to track down where to send it and spend my time resolving Autopays error. I dont think Autopay should make a dollar on this transaction. I was lied to repeatedly and now no one will contact me back. Terrible sevice.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize, as this is not the experience we strive for here at AUTOPAY. We have escalated this to management for you.

Rachel L Austin, TX

They secured a fantastic deal for me, where there to assist every step along the way, and were extremely professional as well as caring.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you Rachel for choosing AUTOPAY, we are excited to see all the feedback and are grateful that we could help you through your refinance!

Liz Drake Monessen, PA

Bad communication with the closing agents. 2 of them. And also, my address was wrong from the beginning. Also, my pay date shouldve been extended since it was taking so long with the closing agents. Had 2 of them come out of 2 different days and signed the same papers the same way both times.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Liz, Foremost, we are very sorry that you didn't have a good experience. We would love the chance to correct this impression. If you would like to speak with we can be reached at [email protected] We hope you will give us a second chance! Have a lovely evening!

Jun. 16th, 2022

Roe Bartolotta Wappingers Falls, NY

Logan was fantastic , professional , efficient and kept me very informed throughout the entire process . You should be proud to have him as part of your team, a true asset!

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is great to hear Roe, We will pass along your feedback! Thank you!

Kendra

The rates are very good. The guy I worked with was very polite and directed me in what I needed. They gave me a great interest rate based on my credit score.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Kendra, we are thrilled to have lowered your rate! Thanks for the feedback!

Ryneka

Joshua was my support agent and he helped and walked me through the whole journey so fast and he never left me with questions and I appreciated him for his customer service.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Perfect! Thank you,! We appreciate you sharing!

Catherine

The person I worked with was very knowledgeable and helpful. I had a bunch of questions that he was able to answer quickly. I was pre-approved for an A.P.R. higher than what I got so that was a surprise.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Great to hear we were able to help you save Catherin! Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Anthony

Very attentive anytime I called and they always answer the phone and they always have the ability to answer my question. They were able to help me save money every month.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Anthony, great to hear we were able to help you save! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Avree Gaston Hartford, MI

Very helpful and friendly staff! They were very attentive in making sure I had the best rates and getting everything gathered that I needed to move onto the next step!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for the great review, Avree! Great rates and great service are what we always strive for.

May. 12th, 2022

Alysha Desert Hot Springs, CA

There was a "mix up" with my apr which I wasn't told until all documents were signed the rep was very nice apologetic and communicated well when issues came up but I still haven't received my welcome package and I have a payment due in 3 days have no idea how to make it

May. 13th, 2022

Jacqualine Wofford West Palm Beach, FL

They were professional and very informative. They really made me feel that they were working for me and had my best interests at heart. And the results proved such theory. They worked fast and efficiently, never leaving me to question what was going on. And the process was complete within a week. I was truly impressed.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for sharing your great experience, Jacqualine!

Brittany Nichols Canton, MS

AUTOPAY got the job done. So when I started this process, I had no idea what I was doing but the representative I worked with was impeccable. He kept me in the loop about every detail. When I found out what my new rate would be, I couldn't have been happier. They were able to provide me with better than what I knew I needed. I 100% recommend.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is such a wonderful review, Brittany! Please just let us know if we can help with anything else.

Drew Daigrepont Alexandria, LA

This company came through when I needed it most. I have been able to refinance my vehicle over $200 lower than my previous bill! They're reporting to the credit bureau each month so that's an added bonus! Ease of online payments are a plus as well.

Reply from AUTOPAY

I'm glad we were able to find you some awesome savings, Drew! Thank you for your review.

Tamara wilham

Everyone was great. Kept me informed and relatively easy process.

Reply from AUTOPAY

I'm glad we were able to get the deal done so quickly, Tamara! Please let us know if we can be of more help.

Mar. 17th, 2022

Mark Daw Elmira, NY

Excellent customer service. They reached out to me and followed up on every step. I highly recommend them.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Mark, we are so glad to hear that! Thank you for choosing AUTOPAY!

Maggie

The gentleman that helped me was very courteous and very efficient. It's cost effective in allowing me to pay for it. I highly recommended it.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is great to hear Maggie, We will pass along your feedback! Thank you!

James

The rating is pretty good to me. Anytime I had a question they answered it. They gave me a good interest rate and a decent amount low payment.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We always enjoy seeing feedback like this! Thank you James for choosing AUTOPAY!

Nataly

They've always been there to answer my questions whenever I had any issues always on top of it. It was pleasant experience from start to finish.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your experience with AUTOPAY!