Tax Defense Network

verified

Tax Defense Network

verified
Tax Defense Network has consulted on over $15.7 billion in tax debt since 2007.

Tax Defense Network is a highly recommended tax company with a full range of services extending from tax debt resolution services to tax return preparation.

The company employs many tax professionals, including enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts. These experts work to resolve tax problems on their client's behalf.

Tax Defense Network has an average cost of $2,500 to $3,000 for its full services (prices will be lower for less in-depth services), a good price in the tax relief industry.

With the combination of professionals, a large selection of services available nationwide, and no minimum debt requirement, TDN is able to help a broad range of customers and has a high client satisfaction rating.

Tax Defense Network will negotiate with the Internal Revenue Service on behalf of its clients and find a solution that is best for the taxpayer. Some of these solutions include providing tax representation and making offers in compromise that settle your tax debt to a lower total amount. Delinquent taxpayers can receive the relief they need from a variety of IRS and state tax penalties.

View real Tax Defense Network reviews at the bottom of the page.

The Good

• Tax Defense Network Cost
  • Excellent Customer Reviews
  • Variety of Tax Forgiveness Services
  • Professional Debt Forgiveness Team
  • Available Nationwide

Tax Defense Network Cost

Tax Defense Network charges between $2,500 and $3,000 on average. End price depends on the amount of tax debt owed and the tax relief actions required, Tax Defense Network's average price is fair in comparison to other tax debt relief options.

Tax Defense Network is the only tax relief company that displays average prices on its website; this is something to applaud. The company is transparent compared with competitors, given that in the industry prices are almost never available until customers have called and given information about their situation.

Customers will appreciate not having to call for a quote and possibly being pressured into services without researching other options; this gives customers the opportunity to research and find the best company that suits their needs as quickly and efficiently as possible. This transparency also gives more credibility to TDN and shows that the company isn't trying to hide costs and fees from customers.

Excellent Customer Reviews

Tax Defense Network continually receives positive online customers reviews.

Customers praise the company’s professional and attentive service and kind staff. Reviews regularly comment on the knowledgeability of the tax professionals and their ability to answer questions and resolve issues.

Many clients also praise the company for resolving their tax issues, dealing with unfiled tax returns and unpaid taxes, removing a bank levy, and settling their IRS tax debt to something they could better afford to pay. Furthermore, clients have also appreciated TDN’s assistance with filing tax returns.

Variety of Tax Forgiveness Services

TDN is more than just a tax resolution company and offers an impressive selection of options for individuals, the self-employed, and business owners.

The company's full-service approach allows individual taxpayers and businesses with a variety of tax needs to utilize its assistance. Interested customers can call for a free consultation with a tax professional to gain guidance before committing to its services.

Tax Defense Network’s tax professionals can assist with tax issues such as IRS back taxes, delinquent taxes, small business tax issues, payroll taxes and a variety of IRS penalties such as wage garnishments, federal tax lien issues, and bank levies.

The qualified tax forgiveness professionals can also represent clients during tax audits. Additionally, it assists with IRS appeals and also offers rare IRS debt forgiveness solutions such as innocent spouse relief, student loan forgiveness programs, and other tax amnesty programs.

The company helps customers receive the best possible tax resolution through its tax relief services. It can help settle IRS tax debt through an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, or a currently not collectible status. TDN also offers financing options for those in need of assistance.

The ability to work with tax experts makes Tax Defense Network a great option with seeking a tax relief agency.

Tax Defense Network's services extend beyond tax relief. The company also offers tax return preparation and help with student loan debt. Additionally, it provides financial solutions for businesses such as bookkeeping and business advice on its site bizsolutionsnetwork.com.

It can help small businesses with tax resolutions similar to those provided for individual clients such as an offer in compromise, installment agreement, penalty abatement, and more. TDN can help people fight a wage garnishment or tax lien, prevent future tax liability, take advantage of tax cuts, and educate you on your personal taxable income for future reference.

Professional Debt Forgiveness Team

The team of dedicated enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts has acquired an impressive reputation, judging by numerous customer comments. These types of tax professionals are qualified to represent clients in front of the IRS during disputes and appeals.

A highly qualified tax team is vital for creating and providing customers with a quality tax forgiveness program.

Additionally, representatives are accessible 24/7 by phone to answer questions or for free consultations. The company can also be reached by email or mail.

Finally, Tax Defense Network employs Spanish speaking representatives, a service not offered by all tax resolution companies. With the help of a professional tax lawyer, you'll be able to fight virtually anything the IRS throws your way.

Available Nationwide

TDN is available in all 50 states. Not all tax resolution companies operate in every state. This makes the company available to a wide variety of customers.

There is also a minimum tax debt requirement of $5,000, which is low in comparison to other tax debt relief companies; oftentimes tax relief companies will require a minimum amount of debt before a customer can qualify for assistance. A $5,000 minimum requirement makes Tax Defense Network's services available to people from many different financial circumstances.

The company can also help natural disaster victims and taxpayers with tax problems, such as the recent victims of Hurricane Maria and Hurricane Harvey. Disaster tax relief is the IRS' way of helping those who live in an area that has been declared a "disaster area." Qualifying customers will be able to claim a loss and gain some tax credit.

The Bad

• Short Refund Period
  • Negative Reviews
  • Missing Accreditations

Short Refund Period

Tax Defense does offer a money-back guarantee for three days. Most other tax debt relief companies offer a longer refund window. Some competitors offer refund windows that range anywhere from 15 to 180 days; however, some tax relief companies do not offer a money-back guarantee.

Negative Reviews

Though Tax Defense Network predominately receives positive reviews, it has also received some complaints from customers. One recurring complaint is that the company can be hard to get a hold of when dealing with problems or complications.

Some customers had trouble speaking directly to an agent or attorney. This can be a major issue for customers who have questions or concerns about their accounts. Also, some customers complained that the price was high for the tax relief services rendered.

Missing Accreditations

While Tax Defense Network has some industry accreditations, it does not have all of the accreditations available in the industry. Accreditations hold companies to a certain standard and often require audits to ensure that the companies are upholding these standards. Accreditations can help customers in the researching process.

The Bottom Line

In comparison to other tax relief companies, like Optima Tax Relief, Tax Defense Network has a great reputation for offering a wide range of services to help clients achieve a successful tax resolution. It has been in business for more than two decades, so it has valuable years of experience in the industry. The company has a minimum debt requirement of $5,000 and is available in all 50 states, which makes its services available to anyone who is in need of tax debt relief.

Tax Defense Network can offer you the services of a skilled tax attorney, CPA, or Enrolled Agent. Access to an attorney familiar with tax law is especially helpful for individuals with trickier tax situations. The average cost of Tax Defense Network's services is $2,500 to $3,000, though the actual cost varies based on a customer's tax situation.

While the company has limited industry accreditations and a short refund policy, the customer reviews are overall very positive. We recommend working with Tax Defense Network as your tax relief agency because it is one of the best tax relief companies in the industry.

Call our recommended rep over at Tax Defense Network below.

3.7

amelia manes
January 31st, 2019 Lakeland, FL

It was a joy working with DeeDee . She would explain everything in a manner i understand . Thank you for assigning her to our case thank you Amelia Manes

Feb 05, 2019

Amelia, I will pass the good words along to DeeDee. Happy to hear that we could help.

J
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Horrible, Wouldnt listen to what i was looking for

Feb 05, 2019

J, We would like to research this further. Please contact us at 888-829-0563. Your needs are important to us.

Gene
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Very pleasant in the beginning and after talking to Chris we got down to sound advice.

Feb 05, 2019

Gene, I hope your entire experience was pleasant. Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist.

Anne74
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Barry is the reason I chose to use Tax Defense. He was friendly and personable. I felt I could be helped with IRS.

Feb 05, 2019

Anne, This is fantastic news and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Barry. Thank you for choosing us.

R.I.Williams
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Immediate reaction to my request and clear answers to my questions.

Feb 05, 2019

R.I.Williams, This is great to hear. I hope you left with no question unanswered. Thank you for your review.

None
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

I give a 0 to all, very disappointed with the service, I did not get the service as promised. Wasted my money ''''''

Feb 05, 2019

We would like to discuss this further to see where the communication was lost. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Larry Joiner
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Did nothing to reduce my payment to IRS after initial consultation promise very slow to respond and long drawn out process. I feel ripped off

Feb 05, 2019

Larry, We would like to discuss this further. I will pass this along to the case managers to look into. Until then, if you would like to discuss, please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Kentrail
January 24th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Extremely helpful and was able to assist me with my financial needs

Jan 25, 2019

Kentrail, Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you're satisfied with the outcome of your case.

David J
January 22nd, 2019 Hillsboro, OR DETAILS

We've dealt with them on a couple issues over a number of years and in all that time, there was only I think one person that we had trouble communicating with and everybody else was amazing beyond expectations. They were really really great. So I think that one was an anomaly and everybody else was always able to get information and make things happen fast. They knew what they were talking about which was fantastic. Everything happened in a timely manner. They were extremely knowledgeable and they're very prompt. They provided detailed information. They got everything on track for us. We couldn't ask for anything better.

Jan 24, 2019

David, Having you as a client couldn't be better. Thank you for choosing us!

January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Even though they were easy to contact at a break, nothing happened for about six weeks. We had to constantly follow up with the status. They would request docusment that we already sent and getting to the resolution, originally they said three to six months and it took about ten. I think we've got the resolution that we needed but it just took too long. They had to switch from one person that left the company and no one that replaced them was able to see any of the documents that we previously sent. It was just totally breaking down when they had to put somebody else on the account and it was like we started all over again.

Jan 24, 2019

Anonymous, We are hoping this is no longer an issue but I will definitely pass along the feedback. You are important to us and getting you help is top of the priority list.

Paul D
January 22nd, 2019 Lake Worth, FL DETAILS

They were able to get the job done with minimal problems. I'm pleased with the process

Jan 24, 2019

Paul, So happy to hear this! Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist in your tax matter.

Carol
January 22nd, 2019 Conroe, TX DETAILS

There was a little bit of mix up in the communication and I had a transfer from one agent to another and I didn't know about it until after the fact. They are very accommodating and if I have any questions even though it's all been settled I can still call and I think that's great.

Jan 24, 2019

Carol, You're great! Thanks for choosing us to assist in your tax matter.

January 22nd, 2019 Gualala, CA DETAILS

I don't get updates as much as I should. I am on a payment plan so it seems like I don't get things done as fast as I should have. The important things that I'm trying to get done is not done. I feel like it's because I gave all my money at once. But I do have a very good person that's working with me finally.

Jan 24, 2019

I would like to have this discussed sooner. Could you please contact us at 888-829-0563?

January 22nd, 2019 Redding, CA DETAILS

They never finished the job. I canceled them because I never heard from them again.

Jan 24, 2019

I'm sorry to hear this. I wish we could have mended the relationship sooner to prevent this outcome.

Michael A.
January 22nd, 2019 Riverside, CA DETAILS

I had to make the phone calls and make every effort to contact them regarding the circumstances. I had to call the tax in to set up a payment program on my own and I paid Tax Defense to do this and I was not satisfied with what they were doing. Everybody was nice, they just really didn't do what they said they were going to do initially.

Carol J
January 22nd, 2019 Wilmington, NC DETAILS

I had to initiate calls. I never really got an answer on how things were going. There was no resolution or discussion of a resolution until the last day for a withdrawal for my payment. I never got a closing statement line of how things were going to be dealt with with the IRS.

Jan 24, 2019

Carol, We would like to discuss this in more detail. Could you please contact us at 888-829-0563? Thank you,

Monica
January 22nd, 2019 Baldwyn, MS DETAILS

Mainly I am pleased so far. Some of my things are up in the air that the government hasn't finished processing on there. I am pleased enough right now. I was very displeased at the beginning with the people that worked there. I feel like probably some others would have moved faster. They seem to do very well and do what they're supposed to do when I hired them, but with the first people I didn't have anybody working for me. It felt like I was on a back burner until towards the end of the involvement when they put me with a different team that actually followed through. They need to get on the work quicker and insure that all of their employees are responsive and not just the ones at the extreme crisis end of it.

Gabrielle
January 22nd, 2019 Lake Charles, LA DETAILS

They assist you in any way possible with the problem you're having. They try to explain fully what's going on.

Jan 24, 2019

Gabrielle, We definitely do try our best! Thank you for your review.

Joshua D
January 22nd, 2019 Long Beach, WA DETAILS

It took me weeks to get a correspondence between them and I actually had to switch companies due to their lack of communication.

Mary
January 22nd, 2019 Jefferson City, MO DETAILS

It was the best company that, they could provide me with the help and assistance that I needed. They really do work for you. They really get in there and do what you need them to do. They care about their customers.

Jan 24, 2019

Mary, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist in your tax matter. You're awesome!

Pamela Thomas-
January 22nd, 2019 Humble, TX DETAILS

Pam T, when others gave up she jumped in and helped until the case was settled. She Kept working with me until the ITS went from asking me for 32000.00 in payments to the IRS sending me a check.

Jan 22, 2019

Fantastic news! Thank you for choosing us to assist in your tax matter.

Never use Tax Defense Network
January 22nd, 2019 Dunedin, FL DETAILS

They did not seem to know what they were doing. Very inaccurate returns.

Jan 22, 2019

This is very serious. We would like to hear more about this. Could you please contact us at 888-829-0563?

Kevin Gotay
January 22nd, 2019 Mount Vernon, NY DETAILS

What I was promised when I signed up prior to October 15th hasn't happened and feel like I'm wasting my money since all that has been done is Tax Returns...this hasn't been a pleasant experience in the least bit or the fact you basically outsource to a local tax person.

Jan 22, 2019

Kevin, We would like to reach out to you and discuss your experience further. We do not want you to feel as though your case is any less important to us than another.

Sharon
January 17th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

I have been very pleased with them so far. They are already helping me even though the government is shut down.

Jan 17, 2019

Sharon, You rock! Thank you for choosing us to assist in your matter.

Mom
January 17th, 2019 Dunedin, FL DETAILS

I was very impressed with there professionalism and honesty

Jan 17, 2019

Mom, We know honesty is the only things mom's tolerate. Thank you for choosing us to assist in your tax matter.

Jenny
January 16th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

Tax Defense Network helped me get my student loans under control. I was scared at first to pay money and nothing happened, but they were very easy to work with, super friendly, and helped SO much! I'm so grateful for my loan officer and I would highly recommend them to everyone!

Jan 17, 2019

Jenny. Thank you so much for your review. Working with you was just as easy as Sunday mornings.

January 9th, 2019 Newnan, GA DETAILS

Initially seemed to be good, but once case was assigned to another agent...not sure yet...seems to double talk a little

Jan 10, 2019

Anonymous, We would like to hear more about your experience and why you're having these doubts. We are always looking for feedback to improve and we would like to do it earlier vs later. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Bruce
January 9th, 2019 Lake Oswego, OR DETAILS

my mind was put at ease right away I have a very favorable impression of everyone i have spoken with

Jan 10, 2019

Bruce, That is great news. Thank you for your review and choosing us to help with your situation.

Sharon H
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

MIke T has always been available to answer my questiopns and provide the help I need!

Jan 09, 2019

Sharon, I am happy to hear that. I would like to hear more as to why only 1 star though. Please contact us at 888-829-0563 for more details. We are always looking for feedback to improve.

Theresa Glynn
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

They worked in a timely manner.....calls and emails were promptly returned.

Jan 09, 2019

Theresa, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter.

Lori Ferguson & David Kaplan
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

I have been stymied by tax debt for too long. Both David and Lori have been patient with my circumstances and continue to keep working on resolving my issues.

Jan 09, 2019

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you have had an enjoyable experience with us.

S.Hunter
January 3rd, 2019 Longmont, CO

I am at the beginning of this process. I am waiting for the forms that I need to sign. The fees quoted were the lowest anyone quoted to me. I am hopeful the negative comments are the exception and not the norm. I will keep you posted.

Jan 03, 2019

We hope that you are pleased thus far and we continue to keep your trust. Our goal is to help you not stress you out. We got you!

Rodney
December 31st, 2018 Lewis Center, OH DETAILS

They were able to give me great information and were easy to contact.

Dec 31, 2018

Rodney, Thank you for your review and for choosing us to assist with your matter.

Johnnie
December 31st, 2018 Marion, IN DETAILS

They responded thoroughly to all of my questions. I am very satisfied with the service offered.

Dec 31, 2018

Johnnie, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter.

December 31st, 2018 Hayesville, NC DETAILS

They are very accountable and get back to me in every situation. It worked to an extent.

Dec 31, 2018

Anonymous, great name! Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter.

Elizabeth
December 31st, 2018 Gainesville, FL DETAILS

Customer service walked me through everything, and helped me get the job done. They are good people.

Dec 31, 2018

Elizabeth, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter. You're good people!

James
December 31st, 2018 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS

Tax Defense Network does a good job at being there when you need them.

Dec 31, 2018

James, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter.We'll always be there for you when you need us.

Julia
December 31st, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

They do a good job but I've asked them questions that were never answered.

Brandy
December 31st, 2018 Palmetto, GA DETAILS

Since signing up with Tax Defense Network, I haven't received anything from the IRS. I feel good about the service.

Dec 31, 2018

Brandy, Our goal is to remove as much pressure from you as possible. I am happy to hear that we are able to do that for you.

Harry
December 31st, 2018 Omaha, NE DETAILS

They did not reduce my taxes at all. I had to pay a lot of penalties and fees on top of what I pay to Tax Defense Network. They did nothing for me.

Dec 31, 2018

Harry, This is disappointing. We would love to discuss this in more detail. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

December 31st, 2018 Tavares, FL DETAILS

Customer service is responsive every time I call. They are a tremendous help and relief to me.

Dec 31, 2018

Anonymous, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter.

Cynthia
December 31st, 2018 Polk City, FL DETAILS

Customer service is very good at returning phone calls and answering all my questions. It was a very good decision to sign with Tax defense network.

Dec 31, 2018

Cynthia, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter.

Dianne
December 31st, 2018 Gobles, MI DETAILS

They didn't stay in contact that much during the process but I ended getting exactly what I wanted.

Dec 31, 2018

Dianne, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter.

Larry
December 31st, 2018 Powder Springs, GA DETAILS

They contact me when there is trouble, or if there were any issues that arose. They tell me exactly what they will do.

Dec 31, 2018

Larry, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter.

Kirk
December 31st, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS

They are extremely unprofessional. Signing up with them was one of the worst decisions I have ever made. They made it hard to contact, and after a lot, they said they wouldn't be able to help me.

Dec 31, 2018

Kirk, We would love to discuss this in more detail. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Peter
December 31st, 2018 Marietta, GA DETAILS

Customer service representative that I signed up with didn't get back to me. The whole experience wasn't worth the money. I didn't know how much they were going to charge me when I signed up.

Dec 31, 2018

Peter, We would love to discuss this in more detail. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Ronald
December 31st, 2018 Westminster, MD DETAILS

The representatives that were helping me never communicated. They never returned my calls. They ripped me off and I will never recommend them.

Dec 31, 2018

Ronald, We would love to discuss this in more detail. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Todd
December 31st, 2018 Omaha, NE DETAILS

Customer service is very knowledgeable and try to work with you the best they can.

Dec 31, 2018

Todd, We would like to hear more about your experience and what we could have done differently to earn 5 stars. Please contact us at 888-829-0563.

Barbara
December 31st, 2018 Shreveport, LA DETAILS

Everyone at Tax Defense Network was very concerned with me and I was very pleased with everything they did for me.

Dec 31, 2018

Barbara, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter.

Harry
December 31st, 2018 City of Saint Peters, MO DETAILS

They accomplished everything that I needed them to. I would've liked a little bit more feedback from them. Everything is in order because of them.

Dec 31, 2018

Harry, Thank you for your review and choosing us to assist with your matter.