Community Tax

19 hours ago

Community Tax

verified
The price ranges from $2.5k to $4.5k

Community Tax (CTAX) has helped over 60,000 customers with their tax needs and resolved over $400 million dollars in debt for their customers. Community Tax hires tax professionals such as CPAs, enrolled agents, and tax attorneys and assists with both IRS and state tax problems.

In addition to tax resolution help, the company offers tax return preparation, accounting, bookkeeping services, and other great options for customers (such as IRS tax levy relief, IRS tax lien relief, and help with applying for an IRS Offer in Compromise).

Community Tax Relief's approximate cost is between $2,500 and $4,500. Taxpayers must have at least $7,000 in tax debt to use CTAX's services. The company helps individual taxpayers, large companies, and small businesses with tax debt.

CTAX is a full-service tax company headquartered in Chicago, IL and has been dedicated to assisting customers nationwide since 2010.

The Good

• Educational Resources
  • Services
  • Professionals
  • Many Agreement Options
  • Availability

Educational Resources

Community Tax offers several educational resources, including a tax form library. This library contains all the different types of tax forms with explanations on how to accurately fill them out.

A customer can request any of the forms and receive instructions for each form. This will help those who struggle to comprehend tax returns.

Community Tax also has a page dedicated to common tax terms and definitions (such as tax liability, non-collectible status, land trusts, tax preparer, taxing authorities, etc.). The definitions provide real-life scenarios for deeper understanding.

Community Tax also has a tax blog that contains interesting posts about different financial topics. Many posts focus on tax tips and laws, however, the blog also covers basic financial advice. Its breadth extends to money savings secrets and small business finances.

Services

Community Tax relief entails a full service, one-stop tax service. They provide a plethora of tax services and agreement options. Services that are offered include the following:

• Tax resolution
  • Tax preparation
  • Accounting
  • Bookkeeping
  • Ctax monitoring

CTAX’s tax relief services are a two-step process. Initially, the company requests information from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or state taxing authority, and compares it to the client’s records.

This allows Community Tax to determine the best course of action.

The tax resolution phase involves determining a solution and submitting a proposal to the proper taxing authority. The company maintains open lines of communication with its clients during this process.

Professionals

When customers choose to work with Community Tax for their tax relief needs, they can expect to receive service from licensed and dedicated tax professionals.

Community Tax's team consists of CPAs, attorneys, enrolled agents, and tax investigators. They offer individualized tax services and all clients are given a personal practitioner to work on their case.

The experts at Community Tax can help customers with the following tax relief options:

• Notice of Deficiency
  • Penalty Abatement
  • Stair Step Agreement
  • Currently Non-Collectible Status
  • Help with Unfiled Tax Returns

When clients sign up with Community Tax, they have the option to give Community Tax the power of attorney. This means that the professionals at Community Tax will make correspondences on the client's behalf.

These professionals can help you fight an IRS tax lien, tax levy, and any other tax relief service available. The tax professionals at Community Tax often lead to high customer satisfaction and high numbers of positive Community Tax reviews.

Many Agreement Options

• Offer in Compromise—A good option for taxpayers who are currently having financial difficulties. The IRS determines the maximum amount that the taxpayer can pay without causing financial hardship. The remainder is forgiven and once the amount is paid, the taxpayer is released from IRS tax liability.
  • Installment Agreement—This allows the taxpayers to pay off their balance over a period of time.
  • Streamline Installment Agreement—This agreement allows taxpayers to finish payment on a large expense such as a car or child support payments. This plan divides the payments into a schedule.
  • Partial Pay Installment Agreement—This payment plan is complicated and requires the taxpayer to disclose all financial information. The taxpayer is put on a payment plan for ten years and pays lower taxes overall.
  • Traditional Installment Agreement—This agreement is a simple installment plan: the taxpayer pays the entire tax debt over many payments. The amount is divided into monthly installments over a period of time, up to a 10-year statute of limitations.

Availability

Community Tax relief is available for all 50 states. A tax relief company that services all 50 states demonstrates that it has the expertise and resources to adhere to each states different tax laws. All customers could potentially qualify by location. Additionally, Community Tax does not have a minimum debt requirement, making it easy for customers to qualify for tax relief.

The Bad

• Published Results
  • Unadvertised Community Tax Cost

Published Results

Community Tax offers limited published results on their website. Published results aid customers in their decision-making process.

Published results can show what an average customer's experience with the company is and that the program is worth the investment and time.

Published results can also give potential customers much-needed information about how long it will take to see results and what kind of results are possible.

Unadvertised Community Tax Cost

Community Tax does not have base prices on their website for IRS or state tax debt relief. So, what does Community Tax Relief cost? Our research has discovered that the estimated average price range is in the $2,500 to $4,500 range.

Potential customers must call or sign up for a quote in order to get a more exact price. This can be difficult for potential customers while shopping around for prices.

This lack of transparency can make it difficult to gauge if the services are worth the price. Community Tax states that it depends on the circumstances, but without an expected range, it can leave more questions than answers for the customer.

The Bottom Line

Community Tax employs IRS enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and CPAs to help the struggling taxpayer catch up on unpaid taxes, unfiled tax returns, and find opportunities for exemption status. As such, CTAX has the expertise to handle anything from income tax issues and property tax relief cases to innocent spouse relief cases.

While we would like to see Community Tax be more transparent about their fees, availability, and results, Community Tax has a lot of great features. Community Tax has professionals and options to help their customers with all of their tax needs. They offer solid educational resources to help customers long term. While it is still suggested that customers find the best company for their individual needs, we can recommend working with Community Tax.

Call our recommended rep over at Community Tax below.

Sagrario Felix delgado
October 16th, 2018 Greeley, CO

Great service trying to give the best answer

Elizabeth Reynoso
October 16th, 2018 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

Manuel was very helpful...He has explained the process very detailed and is making this process easier than i thought.

Michael White
October 16th, 2018 Spring, TX DETAILS

My overall experience with community tax has been very informative as well as very helpful. So far they have met my every expectation. If ever i was confused about anything there team has always been more than helpful in every way. I would most certainly recommend community tax to anyone in need of their particular services.

Ivelisse Oliveras Camacho
October 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Both Mr. Cesar D and Mr. Jose N did an excellent job in my case, which is why I recommend this great work team for its work system in which it gives confidence to the client and its final product is totally satisfactory.

Milton spratlin
October 16th, 2018 Atlanta, GA

Clear expataion polite on comm.tax service i feel great about moving forward.

Willie Hardwick
October 15th, 2018 Evansville, IN

Very knowledgeable and friendly. Very couteous

John Mijares
October 12th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

So far a positive beginning. Of the three firms i researched, CT was the first call. I can give credit to Manuel E who made feel comfortable and confident I made the right choice. CT and their associates are who they say they are. John Mijares

brad wisecarver
October 12th, 2018 Roseville, OH DETAILS

All my expectations were met with community tax. I 1st spoke with Conner R at community tax, and he was on top of everything for me with my case.

Alex p
October 12th, 2018 Miami, FL

Great made the experience at ease.. Deserves a raise

Nadine Bland
October 12th, 2018 Silver Springs, FL DETAILS

All practitioners are not created equal! Community Tax gets my FOUR-STAR rating for doing pretty much what my husband and I hired them to do: provide professional guidance, and allow us time to breathe, focus, regroup, and relaunch to meet the MONUMENTAL task of resolving our corporate and personal tax issues. There were periods of frustration, as some of the prior practicioners assigned to our case seemed somewhat distant, distracted, or detached. Not so with our most recent Community Tax practicioner, Jennifer B!! She gets my FIVE-STAR-plus rating!!!!! Jenn made the ongoing ordeal MUCH more bearable! She was attentive and astute, engaging and enlightening, patient, personable, polite, proactive AND professional! Before employing Community Tax, we entrusted most of our corporate and personal tax work to local, sole-proprietor preparers. As small business owners, we delighted in using the services of fellow, local professionals. However, one or two "dropped balls" helped propel us into our tax abyss. We were completely unprepared and overwhelmed! Community Tax's involvement allowed my husband and I the EXTENSIVE time we needed to attend to other personal and business matters, while back-tracking to address a MULTITUDE of UNPLEASANT IRS NOTIFICATIONS! Jenn B managed to RESTORE some of my dwindling TRUST in the "experts" we hired to assist us. I'll close with one of the things that most impressed me about Jenn: A recent corporate-related letter from the IRS mentioned receiving correspondence about which I was unaware. I asked Jenn, in a pre-scheduled phone session, if she could verify what correspondence the IRS was referring to. I was expecting an answer in a future session. However, while still in the current session she sent me an "e-doc" to sign and return, to authorize her access to the IRS correspondence in question. Our session ended with her saying she'd get back to me, shortly. " SHORTLY" came less than TEN MINUTES later!! In that short amount of time she had phoned and spoken DIRECTLY TO an IRS REP!! Have you ever been on hold for FOREVER, waiting to accomplish this feat!!? Yes! I was totally IMPRESSED! Yes, I told her so!! And yes, should any new "drama" arise (Lord, forbid!) with THE IRS, I plan to contact COMMUNITY TAX, and ASK FOR JENNIFER B, Esquire from the outset! Jenn, THANK YOU for doing what you do with excellence and grace. "Many are called. Few are chosen".

Arimeyao j faisal
October 12th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

So Conner is very professional and very helpful.He took his time to explain everything in details for us to understand the process properly. Am very happy with his service and I will recommend community tax to my friends and family

Elizabeth
October 12th, 2018 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

Connor customer service was very helpful, and explained all procedures.

Rudolph Boyd
October 12th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA

He was very professional and passionate in helping me and understanding the process. I was very much at ease when he answered all of my concerns.Conner is the best he really helped me.

Taylor Nesbit
October 12th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Very professional and understanding in the beginning sales process, specifically Alan S. The payment plan was very helpful. I did find it confusing that the accountant on my case changed three times before it was filed but everything turned out fine.

Alexis viesca
October 12th, 2018 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

The best people who will provide you the best services.They respond to you effectively and without any doubt they are one of the best when it comes to communicating with their clients

Esmeralda Torres
October 12th, 2018 Richmond, TX DETAILS

Mr. J has been very helpful with all the problems that I have submitted for Gonzalo T and I've had conversations with him and he's been a very very

Diane Mikell
October 12th, 2018 Franklinville, NJ DETAILS

Jennifer B Esq is the attorney who helped walk me through an offer in compromise with the IRS Jennifer calmed me down when leon noticed were received She helped me with her expertise during a very difficult time in my life with the death of my husband and getting me released from his IRS dept also I lost my home and had wages garnished I have only the greatest respect and thanks for the many years of service from Jennifer and Community Tax

Noelle
October 11th, 2018 Newark, DE DETAILS

I had an enjoyable experience with Community Tax especially working with Peter and Chris. Throughout the year it has taken to resolve my tax balance with IRS Peter and Chris have been helpful, comforting, and a wealth of knowledge for me.

Howard
October 11th, 2018 El Paso, TX DETAILS

Was very helpful, but I misunderstood the payment schedule and lagged behind on a second payment. Charlie has been very informative and helpful in every way. I’m looking forward to the first results.

Ananias
October 11th, 2018 Elizabeth City, NC DETAILS

They been very explanatory and doing a good job so far

Leslie Jenkins
October 11th, 2018 Cicero, IL DETAILS

Conar was very helpful with my situation my wife told me that they will help because they help her thanks alot looking forward to keep working with you

CJ Williams
October 11th, 2018 Hagerstown, MD DETAILS

Although I understand that the company is going through some growing pains which at first concerned me, Alan listened to me and addressed my concerns quickly. Since we have just began the process the survey could change.

Josue
October 11th, 2018 Miami, FL DETAILS

They were very informative with the smallest detailed answer to every question I had.

Ana
October 10th, 2018 Aurora, CO

I have called to ask for information about their services and the attention was professional, clear and very satisfactory. They showed me that they have the interest to work with us, offering me differents ways of financing appropriate for the current situation of our company.

Tracy Smart
October 5th, 2018 DETAILS

I had tax problems, I called Community Tax , they did everything they told me they would do for me, Lauren N was outstanding returned all my calls & always answered all my questions, thank you & God bless

Doreene
October 4th, 2018 Lutherville, MD DETAILS

I was very happy with the people that I worked with. He worked very hard on my case and came to a satisfactory conclusion.

Richard
October 4th, 2018 Afton, TN DETAILS

I'm glad I signed up for tax relief through Community Tax.

J
October 4th, 2018 Marietta, GA DETAILS

They are very dependable. They're good

Charles
October 4th, 2018 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS

My experience with working with Community Tax was good. I think it's a good value.

James
October 4th, 2018 DETAILS

It was a very good experience working with Community Tax. They got me the best deal that I think I could have got.

Christina
October 4th, 2018 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS

I am satisfied with what happened, but it took a while to get there. It was a long process.

J
October 4th, 2018 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS

They seem to be very professional. They understand, they answer all the questions I have. Community Tax has been always there, anytime I call and have questions, some is there to answer. They are just a very professional group of people and they assureme that I don't have to worry.

Todd
October 4th, 2018 Mount Pleasant, IA DETAILS

I was a little disappointed in the outcome of everything.

Richard L
October 4th, 2018 North Port, FL DETAILS

Someone stole a lot of money from me and Community Tax helped me out very well. They handled my case in a sufficient amount of time, they didn't over charge me. They were there and the only problem I had sometimes was getting a hold of them because I know they're busy there but that was the only problem I had but they usually did call me back within the end of the day or the following day they always did call me back.

Sandy
October 4th, 2018 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS

My experience was fantastic, and they kept me updated with the progress they were making.

R
October 4th, 2018 Wichita, KS DETAILS

Community Tax is awesome. They did everything in the world for me and I must stick with them forever. They were really good to me.

Frances
October 4th, 2018 Mount Vernon, NY DETAILS

I have been somewhat disabled, and I got very far behind in my taxes. My husband was very sick and my time was spent with him and taking care of him so I got behind and I didn't know how to start. When I saw the ad I called them and even though I was reluctant to go with someone that I couldn't see face to face, I found that my involvement with them was very satisfactory and I was pleased with the outcome. They held my hand all the way through it.

Pamela
October 4th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

It was a good experience they kept me up to date with good information. They've been good and I'm glad I made that decision.

Kim
October 4th, 2018 Austell, GA DETAILS

I felt they could have been a little more up to date but they did update me, but I would have liked to have been updated a little more often. They're trustworthy and I'm overall very satisfied.

David
October 4th, 2018 Broadview, IL DETAILS

The updates were good but there's room for improvement. My overall experience with my tax debt consultant was simple and straightforward.