Community Tax

verified

Community Tax

verified
The price ranges from $2.5k to $4.5k

Community Tax (CTAX) has helped over 60,000 customers with their tax needs and resolved over $400 million dollars in debt for their customers. Community Tax hires tax professionals such as CPAs, enrolled agents, and tax attorneys and assists with both IRS and state tax problems.

In addition to tax resolution help, the company offers tax return preparation, accounting, bookkeeping services, and other great options for customers (such as IRS tax levy relief, IRS tax lien relief, and help with applying for an IRS Offer in Compromise).

Community Tax Relief's approximate cost is between $2,500 and $4,500. Taxpayers must have at least $7,000 in tax debt to use CTAX's services. The company helps individual taxpayers, large companies, and small businesses with tax debt.

CTAX is a full-service tax company headquartered in Chicago, IL and has been dedicated to assisting customers nationwide since 2010.

The Good

• Many IRS Debt Forgiveness Options
  • Educational Resources
  • Services
  • Tax Forgiveness Professionals
  • Availability

Many IRS Debt Forgiveness Options

Most tax relief companies provide a variety of different IRS debt forgiveness options. However, at the very least, Community Tax offers an in-depth explanation of its IRS debt forgiveness program and the different services involved.

• Offer in Compromise—A good option for taxpayers who are currently having financial difficulties. The IRS determines the maximum amount that the taxpayer can pay without causing financial hardship. The remainder is forgiven and once the amount is paid, the taxpayer is released from IRS tax liability.
  • Installment Agreement—This allows the taxpayers to pay off their balance over a period of time.
  • Streamline Installment Agreement—This agreement allows taxpayers to finish payment on a large expense such as a car or child support payments. This plan divides the payments into a schedule.
  • Partial Pay Installment Agreement—This payment plan is complicated and requires the taxpayer to disclose all financial information. The taxpayer is put on a payment plan for ten years and pays lower taxes overall.
  • Traditional Installment Agreement—This agreement is a simple installment plan: the taxpayer pays the entire tax debt over many payments. The amount is divided into monthly installments over a period of time, up to a 10-year statute of limitations.

Educational Resources

Community Tax offers several educational resources to help those struggling with back taxes, including a tax form library. This library contains all the different types of tax forms with explanations on how to accurately fill them out.

A customer can request any of the forms and receive instructions for each form. This will help those who struggle to comprehend tax returns.

Community Tax also has a page dedicated to common tax terms and definitions (such as tax liability, non-collectible status, land trusts, tax preparer, taxing authorities, etc.). The definitions provide real-life scenarios for deeper understanding.

Community Tax also has a tax blog that contains interesting posts about different financial topics. Many posts focus on tax tips and laws, however, the blog also covers basic financial advice. Its breadth extends to money savings secrets and small business finances.

Services

The Community Tax Relief IRS Debt Forgiveness program entails a full service, one-stop tax service. They provide a plethora of tax services and agreement options. Services that are offered include the following:

• Tax resolution
  • Tax preparation
  • Accounting
  • Bookkeeping
  • Ctax monitoring

CTAX’s tax relief services are a two-step process. Initially, the company requests information from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or state taxing authority, and compares it to the client’s records.

This allows Community Tax to determine the best course of action.

The tax resolution phase involves determining a solution and submitting a proposal to the proper taxing authority. The company maintains open lines of communication with its clients during this process.

Tax Forgiveness Professionals

When customers with IRS tax debt choose to work with Community Tax for their tax relief needs, they can expect to receive service from licensed and dedicated tax professionals.

Community Tax's team consists of CPAs, tax attorneys, enrolled agents, and tax investigators. They offer individualized tax services and all clients are given a personal practitioner to work on their case. With an experienced tax attorney or enrolled agent on your side, you'll have the know how to defend yourself from an IRS audit or IRS debt penalty.

The experts at Community Tax can help customers with the following tax relief options:

• Notice of Deficiency
  • Stair Step Agreement
  • Currently Non-Collectible Status
  • Help with Unfiled Tax Returns
  • Help with Tax Lien Issues

When clients sign up with Community Tax, they have the option to give Community Tax the power of attorney. This means that the professionals at Community Tax will make correspondences on the client's behalf.

These professionals can help you fight an IRS tax lien, tax levy, wage garnishment, and any other tax relief service available. The tax professionals at Community Tax often lead to high customer satisfaction and high numbers of positive Community Tax reviews.

Availability

Community Tax relief is available for all 50 states. A tax relief company that services all 50 states demonstrates that it has the expertise and resources to adhere to each states different tax laws. All customers could potentially qualify by location. Additionally, Community Tax does not have a minimum debt requirement, making it easy for customers to qualify for tax relief.

The Bad

• Published Results
  • Unadvertised Community Tax Cost

Published Results

Community Tax offers limited published results on their website. Published results aid customers in their decision-making process.

Published results can show what an average customer's experience with the company is and that the program is worth the investment and time.

Published results can also give potential customers much-needed information about how long it will take to see results and what kind of results are possible.

Unadvertised Community Tax Cost

Community Tax does not have base prices on their website for IRS or state tax debt relief. So, what does Community Tax Relief cost? Our research has discovered that the estimated average price range is in the $2,500 to $4,500 range.

Potential customers must call or sign up for a quote in order to get a more exact price. This can be difficult for potential customers while shopping around for prices.

This lack of transparency can make it difficult to gauge if the services are worth the price. Community Tax states that it depends on the circumstances, but without an expected range, it can leave more questions than answers for the customer.

The Bottom Line

Community Tax employs IRS enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and CPAs to help the struggling taxpayer catch up on unpaid taxes, unfiled tax returns, and find opportunities for exemption status. As such, CTAX has the expertise to handle anything from income tax issues and property tax relief cases to innocent spouse relief cases.

While we would like to see Community Tax be more transparent about their fees, availability, and results, Community Tax has a lot of great features. Community Tax has professionals and options to help their customers with all of their tax needs. They offer solid educational resources to help customers long term. While it is still suggested that customers find the best company for their individual needs, we can recommend working with Community Tax.

Call our recommended rep over at Community Tax below.

Derrick Lawton
February 8th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY

Helped me and was very instructive Connor is a very great customer service rep

Feb 13, 2019

Hi Derrick, Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We appreciate it!

K Gordon
January 31st, 2019 Poughkeepsie, NY DETAILS

My experience with community tax was mind blowing! I was so relieved of the stress i had with the IRS , community put my mind at ease. I would recommend everyone who has a tax problem to go to them for help because they are who they say they are! No joke they are for real and they stay in touch with you every step of the way. Thank you community.

Feb 08, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Mr Gordon! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Jim Kost
January 30th, 2019 New Albany, IN DETAILS

The people at Community Tax are a pleasure to work with. Settled my 12000 tax debt for 100.00.

Feb 08, 2019

Hi Jim! We are so glad we could help , and we appreciate the positive feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Steve
January 25th, 2019 Chino Hills, CA DETAILS

Community Tax went above and beyond eliminating my IRS bill of $79,000 owed to $0.00. Sarah N handled my case and battled the IRS & my payroll with a furosity like no other. This company and employee literally has changed my life along with my family’s!

Jan 29, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Steve! We are so glad you had a great experience and an amazing resolution. We will pass your kind words along to Sarah, she really is one of the best! Feel free to reach back out to us this tax season!

Jerry Lewis
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

They were instrumental in helping me solve my issues.

Jan 23, 2019

Hi Jerry! We are so glad we could help , and we appreciate the positive feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Tammy
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Professional service from all on the team under the direction of Ryan Stegena. They helped to work through the process and assisted me all the way throughout the settlement.

Jan 23, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Tammy! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again come Tax time!

Ralph Carter
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

They did everything that they told me that they would in the beginning.

Jan 29, 2019

Hi Ralph! We are so glad we could help! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Bev
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Community Tax is very efficient and helps you with every part of your tax problems. They stay in touch with you and hanle all negotiations . I am very pleased winh my resolution and would recommend them to anyone.

Jan 23, 2019

Hey Bev! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

Bobby Tisdale
January 22nd, 2019 Moss Point, MS DETAILS

I want to thank community tax for helping me in my toughest time ! They were like a quarterback in my worst game and I won , by running the plays that they told me to follow on my road to victory now I am back to being Bobby again

Jan 23, 2019

Hey Bobby! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

Norman Riker
January 17th, 2019 Thousand Oaks, CA DETAILS

My wife and I were extremely stressed over the substantial debt we had with the IRS due to financial and health related devastating events in our lives. Our accountant suggested we contact a tax resolution specialist and after reaching out to a few, Community Tax, was by far the most professional and comforting firm we spoke with. We discussed our predicament and I have to say from the initial conversation we had with one of their very knowledgeable and caring agents, we had a sense that the tax burden would be handled. They suggested a number of alternatives for us and we agreed with their recommendations on which path to take, While the process took quite some time and we had fears of completion along the way, we continued to be updated and told not to worry as they would make sure there would be a positive outcome. We were not disappointed by the incredible Community Tax Team. Our debt of over $30,000 was placed in a non collectible status due to our advanced age and financial inability to pay. Every member of their staff displayed a sincere understanding and empathy and hand held us through all the steps. We highly recommend that if any one finds themselves in a tax liability crises, don't hesitate to reach out to Community Tax. You will not be disappointed.

Jan 29, 2019

Hey Norman! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

none
January 17th, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

They're efficient, keep you up to date on all matters and are available when you need to ask any questions

Sharon k
January 17th, 2019 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

They were very Professionals, the communication was great. I was very reluctant to make the call so glad i did. It was worth evey penny. They explain every step process and kept me i formed. I was very pleased with the final results.

Jan 23, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Sharon! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Ford
January 17th, 2019 Kennesaw, GA DETAILS

Because they are Awesome. I enjoyed working with a representative understood my situation and guided me in achieving to help me with my tax situation.

Jan 29, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Ford! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Travis C
January 11th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Community tax has helped me get a handle on my tax issues I called and got a very helpful person that got me set up and got the ball rolling in the process of going through my case I had a few different individuals working on my case some were good some weren’t I didn’t hold that against them they worked for me I know am at a resolution with my state and Christopher is my guy he keeps me informed

Jan 11, 2019

We are so happy we could help, Travis! We're sorry your case may have had a rocky start. We really appreciate your feedback. If there is anything else we can do to help please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Satisfaction team at 773-577-2938. Thank you!

Lloyd G
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Their customer representatives were friendly and helpful.

Feb 13, 2019

We are so glad that you had a great experience, Lloyd! We work hard to provide the very best customer service, and it is great to hear that we are exceeding expectations! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future!

Jaime D
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

My experience was perfect. Everytime I got a call from them, they were so friendly and they helped me throughout my question I was asking.

Jorge
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Everything was very good, they were on time and they were very helpful.

Valerie
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

It was a little bit frustrating because whenever I called, I was never able to get in touch with anyone at all for two weeks.

Jan 11, 2019

Valerie, we are sorry you had some issues with your case. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, it definitely helps us improve! We'd like to see what we can do to help fix this for you. Can you please give us a call at 773-577-2938? Thank you!

Mary
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

I am very satisfied with them and I'm glad they helped me with my situation and I enjoyed the experience with them.

Timothy
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They keep in touch with me on what's going on through the whole process.

Mary
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

I got bounced around from person to person and they didn't do what they told me they could do.

Jan 10, 2019

Mary, we are so sorry to hear you had a poor experience! We assure you, that is not the way we do business. We'd really like to take another look at your case, and see what we can do to make things right. Please give our Customer Satisfaction team a call at 773-577-2938, or send us an email at [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Pamela
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

My overall experience was great. They kept me informed of everything and took me step by step through the process. Everything they told me actually was validated and was true.

Feb 13, 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Pamela! We'll pass your feedback along to your tax team! We're so glad you had a great experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future!

Sandra
January 10th, 2019 Murfreesboro, TN DETAILS

They were the worst company. They never would contact me and let me know. They said they would leave a voice mail, they've asked me for my address at least a hundred times. I can get no answers. I've had like twenty different case managers and every one of them would give me a different story. No one knew what they were doing and when I would ask what was going on, I would get one story here and another story there. It was never the same.

Dec 14, 2018

Sandra, we're so sorry that you had a poor experience and are unhappy with the resolution that was reached. We'd really like to take another look at your case and do whatever we can to help! Please reach out to our Customer Satisfaction Team at 773-577-2938. Thank you!

Caryn
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

The customer support was absolutely wonderful and very professional. I'd recommend them to anyone.

John
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They were not so easy to contact. But when contact was made it was friendly and helpful.

Jan 11, 2019

John, we are sorry you had a difficult time getting in touch with us. We take feedback like yours very seriously, and we use it to help us improve. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If there is anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Satisfaction team at 773-577-2938. Thank you!

ANTHONY GATLIN
January 10th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA

After contemplating for a very long time and wished I had called a lot sooner but I'm very glad I did. VERY WELL EXPEDITED!

Ken Cox
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

They are very knowledgable, and really did a great job for me and my family

Jan 09, 2019

We are so happy we could help, Ken! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. Please reach out to us if you need anything in the future!

Jeff L
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

Great customer service and resolved my issue.

Jan 09, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff! We are proud of our customer service, and we are so happy that you had a great experience!! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future.

January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

Very complete service provided for me state and federal tax obligations. Payment plans were arranged and some fees were reduced for the federal taxes owed. Thanks.

Thomas D.
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

Performance success and ontime completeness.

Jan 09, 2019

Thomas, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We hope we exceeded your expectations. Please give us a call come 2018 tax time!

Eddie T
January 4th, 2019 Lexington, SC DETAILS

Coco has been outstanding!! Every step of the way

Jan 09, 2019

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Eddie!! We are so glad we could help! Ps: We think Coco is pretty great too!

Tammy Perryman
January 2nd, 2019 Spokane, WA

Mr. R was very polite & helpful. He was clear & concise with the information & I appreciate his time & attention.

M. Dial
December 21st, 2018 Portsmouth, RI DETAILS

Ryan and Chris did a great job. They did everything they said they would and in much less time than I thought. Thank you!

Dec 24, 2018

Thank you, M! Your feedback means a lot to us, and we have passed your kind words along to Ryan, Chris, and your tax team! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us come 2018 tax time! Happy Holidays!

December 17th, 2018 Stockbridge, GA DETAILS

Felt they were being honest when they said they couldn't help me, because I didn't have the money to pay them up front.

Ana Sarmiento
December 14th, 2018 North Bergen, NJ DETAILS

I am very grateful for Christian Z. He answered all my questions and doubts referring to my taxes. He was very patient and did an excellent job!

Dec 20, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Ana! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Reagan Odo
December 14th, 2018 Kailua, HI DETAILS

I had not filed taxes for a number of years and was catching up fast'. I knew i needed help and decided on Community Tax after talking with them. Their fee kinda put me in a bind but if they do what they said it should be worth it. It was a long process and alot of work but from what i owed and what i had to pay left me speechless. Even the lien on me was removed quickly. All i can say is trust them and they will do what they say

Dec 20, 2018

Hey Reagan! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

Tax Resolution
December 7th, 2018 San Mateo, CA DETAILS

Community Tax more than exceeded our expectations to resolve our Tax issues. Faye was the one who contacted you and made a great decision... In the past we have worked with other agencies to help with tax issues and none resolved as Community Tax did. I (Husband Paul) did not believe this was going anywhere but was proved very wrong.. You all have done a great job. Very attentive, fast response, very courteous. We would recommend Community Tax to anyone.

Dec 13, 2018

Hi! We are so glad we could help , and we appreciate the positive feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Gwendolyn P Turner
December 3rd, 2018 Newark, NJ DETAILS

Community Tax far exceeded my expectations. I am so greatful to them and I would recommend them to anyone I ever come across in the future that is having tax problems. Thank you so much Chris you are the best. Thanks Gwen Turner

Dec 06, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Gwendolyn ! We're so happy we could help! We think Chris L. is great too!

Mary Ann Esquibel
November 30th, 2018 Penasco, NM

Conner was very helpful in helping me understand how Commuity Tax works. He was very patient with me and understanding of my current situation with all I have going on as far as all my bills. Especially the IRS which has payed heavily on my mind for years. I really appreciate him and I thank him for all his wonderful help.

James Kesinger
November 28th, 2018 Texas City, TX DETAILS

I'm very satisfied with the results. Saved slot of money, and able to pay balance at a good amount. Stayed in contact with me, and explained when I was uneasy about something.

Dec 06, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, James! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

LERMA, JACQUELINE
November 27th, 2018 Victorville, CA DETAILS

The experience with Community Tax is excellent. They are friendly, willing to help you, and they get the job done if you are having problems with the IRS or Franchise Tax Board. I highly recommend Community tax.

Nov 27, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Jacqueline! We are so glad you had a great experience and an amazing resolution. We will pass your kind words along to your tax team!

Lorena
November 16th, 2018 Verona, IL DETAILS

Friendly staff, responds to calls in a timely manner. Explanation of process as they worked with us. Recommend Community Tax to everyone.

Nov 23, 2018

We are so happy we could help, Lorena! We really appreciate your feedback! Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything in the future!

melvin brown
November 16th, 2018 Killeen, TX DETAILS

I've used this service for several years and find the service to be outstanding. I highly recommend CTR

Nov 23, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Melvin! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Jerome
November 16th, 2018 Scott City, MO

I would like to thank Community Tax for professional and polite service. They were thorough and complete in their investigation, giving me the assurance I needed to have peace of mind over tax issues. Denise Y gave fast and friendly service and covered all the areas I needed help with, I could not of did it on my own. Jerome

Nov 27, 2018

Jerome, we are so happy we could help! We work hard to make sure your investigation results are as thorough and fast! Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

Marva Hawkins
November 13th, 2018 Baker, LA DETAILS

My experience was outstanding I did not have to call Conner R, he maintained constant communication via phone, and e-mail. Conner is knowledgeable of the options available, great customer service, set the expectation and fulfilled my expectation.

Nov 23, 2018

Marva, we are so glad our Customer Service exceeded your expectations! We really work hard at providing the best. We hope you'll reach out if you need anything in the future!

Devin Menard
November 13th, 2018 Saint Mary, MO

I want to give a big thanks to community tax for helping me with my taxes. I had no issues and they got my payments super low and very affordable. Thanks again for all the hard work. Helped me out a lot. I would recommend community tax

Dec 06, 2018

Hey Devin! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

PATRICK FAGAN
November 13th, 2018 Hopkinton, MA

After being notified of a sudden wage garnishment by the IRS, I knew I had little time to get to the bottom of it before I was sucked dry. I have always been skeptical of on line help requiring the most personal of information but I HAD to make a choice. I spent a good while comparing different firms and at this point I feel like I made the correct decision. I called Community Tax and was answered by a gentleman named Charlie H who understood my skepticism and assured me, on many different fronts, he understood and would help me through this entire process. I was then introduced to my practitioner Paul G who had Charlie's same cool, calm attitude, easing my anxiety and explaining things concisely, in a way my simple mind can handle. Both assured me they would do everything they could to help me out including expediting my case because of its impending doom! Within a week, a three month stop has been put on any garnishment. This was facilitated by Greg L who went above and beyond to be sure all based were covered before initiating the stop. As a carpenter, I always measure twice and cut once. Although I'm not finished (not even close) with my tax woes, I certainly feel quite comfortable with Community Tax and will continue to seek their guidance to get all this behind me.

Daniel Rush
November 9th, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

The representitives I spoke with were very nice and cordial. They were clear and consice about the requirements and guarantees associated with the services provided. Judy R had exceptional customer service with a nice personal touch. The only problem I had with the whole experience was the cost. It was a bit pricey; they really had to sell it to me. I suppose its my own fault for falling behind on my taxes.

Dec 06, 2018

Hi Daniel! We are so glad we could help , and we appreciate the positive feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Michael Prince
November 8th, 2018 Birmingham, AL

Conner did a excellent job on what I needed to be done

Nov 23, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Michael! We'll pass them along. We think Conner is pretty great too!

Maria E.
November 2nd, 2018 Holyoke, MA DETAILS

For years I have dreaded tax time-a time of anxiety and intimidation. I found CommunityTax level of service and their staff very excellent. Dennis M is professional, knowledgeable, and “top notch” when it comes to me and my tax preparation. I cannot forsee ever changing -Community Tax saves me time, money and fear of the unknown! Dennis definitely made me a repeat customer!

Nov 05, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Maria! We're so happy we could help! We think Dennis is great too!