Community Tax (CTAX) has helped thousands customers with their tax needs and resolved millions of dollars in debt for their customers. Community Tax hires tax professionals such as Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), enrolled agents, and tax attorneys and assists with both federal IRS and state tax problems.

In addition to tax resolution help, the company offers tax return preparation, accounting, bookkeeping services, and other great options for customers (such as IRS tax levy relief, IRS tax lien relief, and help with applying for an IRS Offer in Compromise). The tax prep service and tax monitoring service help clients ensure that their tax filing is done correctly, get the right tax refund, and prevent future tax problems.

Community Tax Relief's approximate cost is between $2,500 and $4,500. While the fee for Community Tax's services is high, it is competitive for the industry. Taxpayers must have at least $7,000 in tax debt to use CTAX's services. The company helps individual taxpayers, large companies, and small businesses with tax debt through tax resolution services.

CTAX is a full-service tax company headquartered in Chicago, IL and has been dedicated to assisting customers nationwide since 2010.

View Community Tax Relief reviews at the bottom of the page.

The Good

• Many IRS Debt Forgiveness Options
  • Educational Resources
  • Services
  • Tax Forgiveness Professionals
  • Availability

Many IRS Debt Forgiveness Options

Most tax relief companies provide a variety of different IRS debt forgiveness options. Community Tax offers an in-depth explanation of its IRS debt forgiveness program and the different services involved.

• Offer in Compromise—A good option for taxpayers who are currently having financial difficulties. The IRS determines the maximum amount that the taxpayer can pay without causing financial hardship. The remainder is forgiven and once the amount is paid, the taxpayer is released from IRS tax liability.
  • Installment Agreement—This allows the taxpayers to pay off their balance over a period of time.
  • Streamline Installment Agreement—This agreement allows taxpayers to finish payment on a large expense such as a car or child support payments. This plan divides the payments into a schedule.
  • Partial Pay Installment Agreement—This payment plan is complicated and requires the taxpayer to disclose all financial information. The taxpayer is put on a payment plan for ten years and pays lower taxes overall.
  • Traditional Installment Agreement—This agreement is a simple installment plan: the taxpayer pays the entire tax debt over many payments. The amount is divided into monthly installments over a period of time, up to a 10-year statute of limitations.

Community Tax provides solutions to common tax problems, like back taxes, penalties, and bank levies.

Educational Resources

Community Tax offers several educational resources to help those who owe back taxes, including a tax form library. This library contains all the different types of tax forms with explanations on how to accurately fill them out.

A customer can request any of the forms and receive instructions for each form. This will help those who struggle to comprehend tax returns.

Community Tax also has a page dedicated to common tax terms and definitions (such as tax liability, non-collectible status, land trusts, tax preparer, taxing authorities, etc.). The definitions provide real-life scenarios for deeper understanding.

Community Tax also has a tax blog that contains interesting posts about different financial topics. Many posts focus on tax tips and laws, however, the blog also covers basic financial advice. Its breadth extends to money savings secrets and small business finances.

Services

Tax debt can affect your financial stability, especially if the IRS has begun to assess penalties. The Community Tax Relief IRS Debt Forgiveness program entails a full service, one-stop tax service. It offers a plethora of tax services and agreement options. Services that are offered include the following:

• Tax resolution services
  • Tax preparation services
  • Accounting services
  • Bookkeeping services
  • CTAX monitoring services

CTAX’s tax relief services are a two-step process. Initially, the company requests information from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or state taxing authority, and compares it to the client’s records.

This allows Community Tax to determine the best course of action based on the tax situation.

The tax resolution phase involves determining a solution and submitting a proposal to the proper taxing authority. The company maintains open lines of communication with its clients during this process.

For more detailed information on how Community Tax would help your tax debt situation, take advantage of the free consultation. During the consultation, you'll hear an assessment of your case, how Community Tax will help you with your tax bills and debt, and get more detailed information about cost of relief services.

Community Tax's monitoring services are designed for individuals and businesses. The basic version of the service is free. It allows taxpayers to keep track of what's going on with their taxes before tax season starts, which makes it easier and faster to adjust withholdings to ensure that you won't owe the government when tax season comes. The monitoring also helps taxpayers avoid potential issues later.

Tax Forgiveness Professionals

When customers with IRS tax debt choose to work with Community Tax for their tax relief needs, they can expect to receive service from licensed and dedicated tax professionals.

Community Tax's team consists of CPAs, tax attorneys, enrolled agents, and tax investigators. It offers individualized tax services and all clients are given a personal practitioner to work on their case.

A certified public accountant can help clients with accounting, bookkeeping, and tax prep during tax season. Certified tax preparers can also assist with tax prep. Depending on your situation, your taxes could be simple or complicated. If you have a more complex tax situation, it can be a good idea to work with a tax preparer to prepare taxes to ensure that you get the right refund.

With an experienced tax attorney or enrolled agent on your side, you'll have the know how to defend yourself from an IRS audit or IRS debt penalty.

The experts at Community Tax can help customers with the following tax relief options:

• Notice of Deficiency
  • Stair Step Agreement
  • Currently Non-Collectible Status
  • Help with Unfiled Tax Returns
  • Help with Tax Lien Issues

An installment agreement sets up a payment plan to pay your full tax debt over time. An offer in compromise settles your tax liability with the IRS. The settlement is typically paid in a lumpsum.

Taxpayers may qualify for innocent spouse relief if the tax debt results from their spouse's choices alone and they were unaware of these decisions. This option removes penalties, like wage garnishments, tax levies, and tax liens, from an innocent spouse.

When clients sign up with Community Tax, they have the option to give Community Tax the power of attorney. This means that the professionals at Community Tax will make correspondences on the client's behalf.

These professionals can help you fight an IRS tax lien, tax levy, wage garnishment, and any other tax relief service available. The tax professionals at Community Tax often lead to high customer satisfaction and high numbers of positive Community Tax reviews.

Availability

Community Tax relief is available for all 50 states. A tax relief company that services all 50 states demonstrates that it has the expertise and resources to adhere to each states different tax laws. All customers could potentially qualify by location. Additionally, Community Tax does not have a minimum debt requirement, making it easy for customers to qualify for tax relief.

The Bad

• Published Results
  • Limited Cost Information

Published Results

Community Tax offers limited published results on its website. Published results aid customers in their decision-making process.

Published results can show what an average customer's experience with the company is and that the program is worth the investment and time.

Published results can also give potential customers much-needed information about how long it will take to see results and what kind of results are possible.

Limited Cost Information

Community Tax does not have base prices on its website for IRS or state tax debt relief. So, what does Community Tax Relief cost? Our research has discovered that the estimated average price range is in the $2,500 to $4,500 range.

Potential customers must call or sign up for a quote in order to get a more exact price. This can be difficult for potential customers while shopping around for prices from different companies with tax debt relief services.

Community Tax states that it depends on the circumstances, but without an expected range, it can leave more questions than answers for the customer.

This is standard for the tax relief industry because some tax problems involve more intensive service from a tax professional than others.

During the free consultation, potential clients can receive clear information about the fee for the services provided.

The Bottom Line

Community Tax employs IRS enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and CPAs to help the struggling taxpayer catch up on unpaid taxes, unfiled tax returns, and find opportunities for an exemption status. As such, CTAX has the expertise to handle anything from income tax issues and property tax relief cases to innocent spouse relief cases.

While we would like to see Community Tax be more transparent about general fees, availability, and results, Community Tax has a lot of great features. Community Tax has professionals and options to help their customers with all of their tax needs. It offers solid educational resources and monitoring services to help customers avoid additional tax issues in the future.

Community Tax also offers tax preparation services as a preventive measure for its clients. Having your tax return completed by a certified tax preparer or CPA will help ensure that the filing is done correctly.

While it is still suggested that customers find the best company for their individual needs, we can recommend choosing Community Tax as your tax resolution firm whatever your tax problems are.

Clint H.
November 14th, 2019 Harlowton, MT DETAILS

Great people to work with, friendly and knowledgeable. Did an amazing job for me, quick and professional. Hope they know how important there work is. Angie, Peter and Jon thank you so much.

Nov 14, 2019

Hi Clint! How wonderful to hear that you got into an amazing resolution. We will pass along your kind words to the team. Thank you very much for taking the time to post about your experience, we really appreciate it!

Earl Lupton
November 8th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Very responsive, kept me up to date during whole process which was reconciled fairly quickly.

Nov 11, 2019

"Thank you for the kind words,Earl! We're glad we could help. We hope you'll give us a call again again come tax time! "

Jose L Santos
November 6th, 2019

Very good experience. They acted fast, diligent and always kept in touch with me.

Nov 06, 2019

Hi Jose! Thank you kindly for sharing your experience. Our team hopes that you will reach out to us again should you need assistance at tax time!

Tyrone
November 5th, 2019 Florissant, MO DETAILS

Erica S was my preparer and she was very informative, professional , and she always followed when she told me she would. I was very happy with her representation of Community Tax.

Nov 06, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Tyrone! We're glad we could help. We hope you'll give us a call again come tax time! Erica is definitely one of the best and we will share your review with her!

Art
October 28th, 2019 Maywood, CA DETAILS

took care of my tax needs,stayed intouch throughout the prosses.

Oct 28, 2019

Hi Art! Thank you kindly for taking the time to post about your experience, we really appreciate it ! We hope to hear from you again if you need assistance with your taxes .

Dil M
October 28th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I contact community tax with a debt of $40k. just to get my information with the IRS they charge me $750, public information witch anyone can optain with the IRS without paying anything(I didn't know that) and then after that they were charging me for the're service almost $10k and because of my credit they'll get a loan from third party witch I'll pay 3 time the loan amount. Thanks GOD I decide not to hire them, best decision I ever have never work with Community tax

Oct 31, 2019

We are so sorry that you had a poor experience, Dil. We have been unable to locate your case in our system. Can you please reach out to our Customer Satisfaction team at 773-577-2938? We would like to do whatever we can to make things right.

Forrest
October 18th, 2019 Connellsville, PA DETAILS

Community Tax resolved my >$24,000 quickly with very little effort from me. My primary contact, Christopher L, was polite, communicative, and efficient. It was a comfortable environment which decompressed all the stress I was feeling. I am recommending Community Tax to friends and associates.

Oct 18, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Forrest! We are so glad you had a great experience and an amazing resolution. We will pass your kind words along to Christopher L. He really is one of the best members of our team! Feel free to reach back out to us this tax season.

Ricardo zaragoza
October 18th, 2019 Hobbs, NM DETAILS

Great help and excellent results great customer service from me Raul C helped us every step of the way

Oct 18, 2019

Hello Ricardo, We are very happy to hear about the great service you received with us. We will certainly let Raul C. know about your kind review. he really is one of the best. We hope to help you again come tax time!

Keith wiley
October 17th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Very good at keeping you informed of your case, step by step until you recieve your resolution, also making sure you stay on track for future tax returns!

Oct 18, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Keith! We are so glad you had a great experience and an amazing resolution. Feel free to reach back out to us at tax season!

EM
October 11th, 2019 Paoli, PA DETAILS

The resolution Community Tax negotiated for me was affordable and professionally rendered at every step. I am very pleased with their results and the problem-solving abilities of the staff I worked with. I didn't realize this at the time I first called CT for help but the CT staff I dealt with were all CT employees, not off-shore contractors. That means better service and results because a real company, not a free-lance aggregator, is driving its business. CT staff takes their customers seriously. Highly recommended.

Oct 11, 2019

Hello EM, Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review. We are thrilled to hear you were impressed with our service and all your tax needs were met. Please feel free to reach out to us again for help with your taxes!

O.H.
October 9th, 2019 Corvallis, OR DETAILS

Since I am in a rather desperate situation, I got to the point and realized I cannot do this on my own anymore. A bit over a week ago, I spent most of a Sunday reviewing the different tax assistant companies online. Granted, the score given by ‘best company’ was pretty high, Tax community had the HIGHEST user score of them all. I decided to connect with community tax because of the majority of raving reviews from users. I was immediate contacted the next day by Venessa V, through phone AND email!! She even left a voice mail!! (Thank you!) And has walked me through the start up process ever since ... She/they have been HUGE at Helping managing my expectations AND, not to mention, my worries and fears!

Oct 10, 2019

Dear O.H., WOW, Thanks for posting your review. We are extremely happy to hear about your experience. We will pass along your post to Vanessa and hope you reach out again, should you need assistance with your taxes!

Jose Munoz
October 8th, 2019 McKinney, TX DETAILS

I highly recommend Community Tax to solve Tax/IRS problems. They toke there time to analysed my problem, fix details, and come with a solution. Christopher L was an active participant in the solution, he had a lot of patience with my countless questions, always having a positive attitude and right answers.

Oct 09, 2019

Hello Jose, Thank you for your kind review, we just shared it with Chris L! We certainly hope you will reach out to us should you need our assistance at tax time.

Efrain
October 3rd, 2019 Royse City, TX DETAILS

I really appreciate Lissette help. She walked me throught the whole process and asked me questions along the way to make sure that I was fully informed.

Oct 03, 2019

Hello Efrain ! How wonderful it is to hear about your experience with us. We think Lissette is wonderful as well! Please do reach out to us again should you need our help during tax season.

Jose jimenez
October 3rd, 2019 Highlands, NC DETAILS

Excellent Cervice great costumer experience Thanks to Raul C for all the help.

Oct 03, 2019

Hello Jose, Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate it! We will be sure to share your comments with Raul. We hope you do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime should you need our help!

Vincent Johnson
October 1st, 2019 Elizabeth City, NC DETAILS

The customer service this company performed is was great, every step that I was informed would be made was accurate and as I was told. I would definitely recommend this company to others.

Oct 02, 2019

Hi Vincent, thank you kindly for taking the time to post your review. We definitely appreciate that you will be recommending our service to others!

Grace Navarro
September 30th, 2019 DETAILS

The staff is very informative, Mr. B, is who's been working on my case, he keeps you updated and he's a very caring person

Oct 01, 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Grace! We're glad we could help. We hope you will reach out to us again come tax time.

Reyes Martinez
September 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Great communication all in a timely manner

Oct 01, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Reyes! Please feel free to reach out to us next tax season.

They established a payment plan with IRS and I owed over $300,000.00

Oct 01, 2019

Hello! We are glad we were able to help out and hope that you reach out to us for any future tax needs.

Mr. Albarran
September 30th, 2019 DETAILS

I was very pleased with the outcome of my taxes

Oct 01, 2019

We're so glad we could help and thrilled to hear you had a great outcome. We think Mr. Albarran is pretty great too!

September 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Professional service from all staff throughout the whole process

Oct 01, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We are very happy to hear about your experience with our team!

jose
September 30th, 2019 DETAILS

they have some fails to give 5 stars....o e pro lemon is always I speak with someone different

Clarence
September 30th, 2019 DETAILS

They satisfied my needs regarding my taxrs.

Oct 01, 2019

Hello Clarence! Thanks for the kind words, we really appreciate them. We hope you reach out next tax season!

Renzo M Gomez
September 30th, 2019 DETAILS

they were very professional and helpful.

Sep 11, 2019

Hello Renzo! We are thrilled to hear we got you into a great resolution. Thank you for taking the time to post a review!

Juanita
September 30th, 2019 Riverhead, NY DETAILS

I am currently enrolled with CT since 2010. I would be in cahoots with my taxes if CT didn't take me own as a client.. They work very diligently in keeping my case in a safe mold until a resolution has come to a conclusion. Excellent in understanding when a payment is due & gives me extensions, I have no doubt this case will be closed to satisfy the client (myself) and IRS /STATE taxes, & CT too. Everyone who has had my case it was a pleasure to have them on my team in accomplishing to clear my debt. Thank you to each & everyone. God Bless!!!

Sep 30, 2019

Dear Juanita-Thanks so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure serving you. If you ever need our help at tax time, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Paul R.
September 26th, 2019 McKinney, TX DETAILS

Community Tax helped get my life back! They helped work out a deal with the IRS that was better than I could have asked for. My case advocate Tessa was great and helped make a very stressful situation easy to get through. Thanks

Jul 09, 2019

Wow Paul! We are so happy to hear you got a great resolution with us. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Tessa. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future should you need our assistance!

September 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Because Community Tax is real good in helping out people who are desperaterly in need of help of solving their problem

Sep 25, 2019

Thanks for the kind review! We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your experience with us.

Christine Gandia
September 25th, 2019 Port Charlotte, FL DETAILS

They have made my tax filling stress free and easy

Sep 25, 2019

Hi Christine, Thanks for posting your kind review! We are happy we took a stressful task out of your hands and hope you reach out to us again next tax season!

Benito
September 25th, 2019 Benavides, TX DETAILS

They really did ther job very professional

Sep 25, 2019

Hello Benito! We are thrilled to hear about your experience with us. Please feel free to call us again should you need our assistance at tax time!

Barry Rubin and Raul.
September 25th, 2019 Everett, WA DETAILS

They were terrific, efficient, thorough, and extremely helpful.

Roger Herbin
September 25th, 2019 High Point, NC DETAILS

Community tax is absolutely awesome them and Dan F really helped me out a lot and I would recommend them to anyone

Rodney Henderson
September 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good company,I was well satisfied with the results,I will greatly recommend this company to. Y friends and family

Sep 25, 2019

Hello Rodney! Wow, we really love reading reviews like this. Thanks for the kind review!

Renita Warman
September 25th, 2019 Independence, MO DETAILS

The staff was very professional and efficient.

Sep 26, 2019

Hi Renita! Thanks for your wonderful review. We are very happy to hear about your experience with us. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to post a review!

Mr.Peter Kang
September 25th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

Very professional but also very concern.

Sep 26, 2019

We thank you for your review. We think Peter is pretty great as well! We hope you will reach out to us again should you need assistance in the future!

Lily Kovacevic
September 25th, 2019 North Little Rock, AR DETAILS

Their patience as a whole,and the time they take to get things accurate.

Sep 26, 2019

WOW! We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We also think Lily is one of the best on our team! Hope you don't hesitate to reach out should you need help at tax time.

K.Walters
September 25th, 2019 Columbia, MD DETAILS

Very pleasant to work with as well as extremely helpful with my case

Sep 27, 2019

Hello K. Walters! We thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear we were able to help you out. Please reach out to us again if you need our help!

Clifford Pedrow
September 23rd, 2019 Springfield Gardens, NY DETAILS

I would like to update my review of Community Tax . Community tax was very aggressive when I 1st contracted with them, after a long and arduous & sometime acrimonious dialog with advocates and representatives at Community tax they negotiated a settlement with the IRS. I was not pleased and I expressed my displeasure. They renegotiated a new resolution for me which I accepted, but not the best for me. All I want to say is do your home work get quotes from at least 4 of these Tax resolution companies before you contract with any of them . In closing contact THE IRS 1st to see what they can do for you, They are not the Monsters they are portrayed to be In the advertisements of the tax resolution companies ads

Sep 06, 2019

Mr. Pedrow, it is unfortunate to hear that you are unsatisfied with the services we provided. I saw a note on your file indicating we reimbursed you for the state representation services, We were under the impression that this had addressed your concern and that we had resolved the matter amicably.

Cliton
September 20th, 2019 Arlington, TX DETAILS

Clifton-September-19-19 I Like to thank community tax for all the good work they done. When I call customer support they was glad to answered any questions I had and I like thank community tax. For rep. Erica S she was great. She informed me on every step going forward until my case was settle. Thank Erica. From Arlington, TX

Sep 20, 2019

Hi Cliton-Thank you so much for the kind review! We will be sure to pass along the message to Erica S.-We think she is great as well! We are glad you had a great experience and hope you reach out come next tax season should you need our assistance.

Brian
September 19th, 2019 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS

They did what they said. It was a little longer but the savings we're huge, so well worth a little extra time!!

Sep 20, 2019

Hi Brian! Thanks so much for your kind review. We are very happy to hear that you got into a great resolution ! We hope to hear from you at tax time and thank you again for posting a review.

Jaren
September 19th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Great experience! Wish my tax return would’ve been a little bit bigger. But that’s my problem not theirs. They did a great job and constantly kept me updated. Thank you community Tax.

Sep 24, 2019

Thanks Jaren! Thanks for the great review and we are more than happy to help out. Feel free to reach out to us again at tax time if you need us!

Daniel
September 17th, 2019 Battle Ground, WA DETAILS

Community Tax is on top of it. I never had to contact them. They called me every single time. I literally had to do nothing. Just provide them with some information and they took care of everything. The customer support is really good. They just are really understanding and try to get you through it.

Sep 17, 2019

WOW Daniel! We are very pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We hope you reach out to us again should you need our help in the future!

Radcliffe
September 17th, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

They had done something that I didn't even expect. They followed up almost everything. It was satisfactory. Each time you called them, you got someone explaining things well.

Sep 17, 2019

Hello Radcliffe-We are so glad you had a great experience! We certainly appreciate your positive feedback.

Randy
September 17th, 2019 DETAILS

They did everything they said they were going to do in a timely matter. I stayed on top of everything that was required as far as paperwork and things. Every time I called, they took care of it immediately.

Sep 17, 2019

Hey randy-We're so glad we could help! Should you need anything in the future , please don't hesitate to reach back out come tax time.

John
September 17th, 2019 Joliet, IL DETAILS

Community Tax is a great company. What they do is very accurate. I like how they explain things to me to make me understand about my taxes and I appreciate that.

Sep 17, 2019

Hi John! We are so glad that you had an amazing experience with our team. Please don't hesitate to reach to us for your future tax needs!

Amy
September 17th, 2019 Arcadia, IN DETAILS

They handled our issue in a very timely manner and frankly just helped us out. They just answered any questions we needed and what we needed to be done. They were very courteous. They're actually going to continue to help us once we get a little bit more information for 2018 taxes. Everything overall was great service.

Sep 17, 2019

Hello Amy-How great to hear that you got the help you needed. We think our team is pretty great too! We look forward to assisting in any way we can in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to post a review!

Christopher
September 17th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

They were efficient and reliable. They were willing to keep me informed at every turn and they more than met my expectations. They were so attentive with it and made me feel like I was a part of a winning team. They have a leg up in the game because they go the extra yard.

Sep 17, 2019

Christopher-We appreciate that you took the time to post a review about your experience with us. We do have a winning team and glad you felt a part of it. Hope to hear from you around tax time should you need our assistance!

Raul cardiel
September 16th, 2019 Placerville, CA DETAILS

Be cos the help me with. My problem and lower my sets with tithe Irs

Sep 16, 2019

Hi Raul-Thanks for the kind review! We appreciate you taking the time to post.

Mr. Greg Lomori
September 16th, 2019 Irving, TX DETAILS

They are the best that ever happened to the Cruzes.

Sep 16, 2019

Hello Greg! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience! Thanks for posting your review.

September 16th, 2019 Bourbon, MO DETAILS

Excellent company No more worries about the IRS no more worries no more worries.

Sep 16, 2019

We appreciate you posting a review! Feel free to reach out to us in the future.

Lee Austin
September 16th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Community Tax was up front about cost and kept me well imfo

Sep 16, 2019

Hello Lee! We appreciate you sharing a review about your experience. Thanks for the kind words.

James Crandall
September 16th, 2019 Orleans, IN DETAILS

Great service, great people, overall a great experience

Sep 16, 2019

James-How wonderful to hear about your experience. Thanks again and we hope to help you again at tax time!