Community Tax

verified

Community Tax

verified
The price ranges from $2,500 to $4,500

Community Tax (CTAX) has helped over 60,000 customers with their tax needs and resolved over $400 million dollars in debt for their customers. Community Tax hires tax professionals such as Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), enrolled agents, and tax attorneys and assists with both federal IRS and state tax problems.

In addition to tax resolution help, the company offers tax return preparation, accounting, bookkeeping services, and other great options for customers (such as IRS tax levy relief, IRS tax lien relief, and help with applying for an IRS Offer in Compromise).

Community Tax Relief's approximate cost is between $2,500 and $4,500. While the fee for Community Tax's services is high, it is competitive for the industry. Taxpayers must have at least $7,000 in tax debt to use CTAX's services. The company helps individual taxpayers, large companies, and small businesses with tax debt through tax resolution services.

CTAX is a full-service tax company headquartered in Chicago, IL and has been dedicated to assisting customers nationwide since 2010.

View real Community Tax Relief reviews at the bottom of the page.

The Good

• Many IRS Debt Forgiveness Options
  • Educational Resources
  • Services
  • Tax Forgiveness Professionals
  • Availability

Many IRS Debt Forgiveness Options

Most tax relief companies provide a variety of different IRS debt forgiveness options. However, at the very least, Community Tax offers an in-depth explanation of its IRS debt forgiveness program and the different services involved.

• Offer in Compromise—A good option for taxpayers who are currently having financial difficulties. The IRS determines the maximum amount that the taxpayer can pay without causing financial hardship. The remainder is forgiven and once the amount is paid, the taxpayer is released from IRS tax liability.
  • Installment Agreement—This allows the taxpayers to pay off their balance over a period of time.
  • Streamline Installment Agreement—This agreement allows taxpayers to finish payment on a large expense such as a car or child support payments. This plan divides the payments into a schedule.
  • Partial Pay Installment Agreement—This payment plan is complicated and requires the taxpayer to disclose all financial information. The taxpayer is put on a payment plan for ten years and pays lower taxes overall.
  • Traditional Installment Agreement—This agreement is a simple installment plan: the taxpayer pays the entire tax debt over many payments. The amount is divided into monthly installments over a period of time, up to a 10-year statute of limitations.

Community Tax provides solutions to common tax problems, like back taxes, penalties, and bank levies.

Educational Resources

Community Tax offers several educational resources to help those who owe back taxes, including a tax form library. This library contains all the different types of tax forms with explanations on how to accurately fill them out.

A customer can request any of the forms and receive instructions for each form. This will help those who struggle to comprehend tax returns.

Community Tax also has a page dedicated to common tax terms and definitions (such as tax liability, non-collectible status, land trusts, tax preparer, taxing authorities, etc.). The definitions provide real-life scenarios for deeper understanding.

Community Tax also has a tax blog that contains interesting posts about different financial topics. Many posts focus on tax tips and laws, however, the blog also covers basic financial advice. Its breadth extends to money savings secrets and small business finances.

Services

The Community Tax Relief IRS Debt Forgiveness program entails a full service, one-stop tax service. They provide a plethora of tax services and agreement options. Services that are offered include the following:

• Tax resolution services
  • Tax preparation services
  • Accounting services
  • Bookkeeping services
  • Ctax monitoring services

CTAX’s tax relief services are a two-step process. Initially, the company requests information from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or state taxing authority, and compares it to the client’s records.

This allows Community Tax to determine the best course of action based on the tax situation.

The tax resolution phase involves determining a solution and submitting a proposal to the proper taxing authority. The company maintains open lines of communication with its clients during this process.

Tax Forgiveness Professionals

When customers with IRS tax debt choose to work with Community Tax for their tax relief needs, they can expect to receive service from licensed and dedicated tax professionals.

Community Tax's team consists of CPAs, tax attorneys, enrolled agents, and tax investigators. They offer individualized tax services and all clients are given a personal practitioner to work on their case. With an experienced tax attorney or enrolled agent on your side, you'll have the know how to defend yourself from an IRS audit or IRS debt penalty.

The experts at Community Tax can help customers with the following tax relief options:

• Notice of Deficiency
  • Stair Step Agreement
  • Currently Non-Collectible Status
  • Help with Unfiled Tax Returns
  • Help with Tax Lien Issues

When clients sign up with Community Tax, they have the option to give Community Tax the power of attorney. This means that the professionals at Community Tax will make correspondences on the client's behalf.

These professionals can help you fight an IRS tax lien, tax levy, wage garnishment, and any other tax relief service available. The tax professionals at Community Tax often lead to high customer satisfaction and high numbers of positive Community Tax reviews.

Availability

Community Tax relief is available for all 50 states. A tax relief company that services all 50 states demonstrates that it has the expertise and resources to adhere to each states different tax laws. All customers could potentially qualify by location. Additionally, Community Tax does not have a minimum debt requirement, making it easy for customers to qualify for tax relief.

The Bad

• Published Results
  • Unadvertised Community Tax Cost

Published Results

Community Tax offers limited published results on their website. Published results aid customers in their decision-making process.

Published results can show what an average customer's experience with the company is and that the program is worth the investment and time.

Published results can also give potential customers much-needed information about how long it will take to see results and what kind of results are possible.

Unadvertised Community Tax Cost

Community Tax does not have base prices on their website for IRS or state tax debt relief. So, what does Community Tax Relief cost? Our research has discovered that the estimated average price range is in the $2,500 to $4,500 range.

Potential customers must call or sign up for a quote in order to get a more exact price. This can be difficult for potential customers while shopping around for prices from different companies with tax debt relief services.

Community Tax states that it depends on the circumstances, but without an expected range, it can leave more questions than answers for the customer.

This is standard for the  tax relief industry because some tax problems involve more intensive service from a tax professional than others.

During the free consultation, potential clients can receive clear information about the fee for the services provided.

The Bottom Line

Community Tax employs IRS enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and CPAs to help the struggling taxpayer catch up on unpaid taxes, unfiled tax returns, and find opportunities for exemption status. As such, CTAX has the expertise to handle anything from income tax issues and property tax relief cases to innocent spouse relief cases.

While we would like to see Community Tax be more transparent about fees, availability, and results, Community Tax has a lot of great features. Community Tax has professionals and options to help their customers with all of their tax needs. They offer solid educational resources to help customers avoid additional problems in the future.

While it is still suggested that customers find the best company for their individual needs, we can recommend choosing Community Tax as your tax resolution firm whatever your tax problems are.

Call our recommended rep over at Community Tax below.

Patrick Housley
May 13th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

Excellent service very courteous& handles situations promptly

Ron K
May 9th, 2019 McDonough, GA DETAILS

Community Tax is an awesome company. I had major issues with the IRS and they were able to negotiate favorable terms with the IRS. My case agent Daniel F. kept me involved in the process from beginning to end. I would highly recommend Community Tax if you have any tax issues that need to be resolved.

May 7th, 2019 Ringgold, VA DETAILS

They still have not emailed me a letter from the IRS agreement as they said they would for my records.

Esmeralda A.
May 7th, 2019 Coachella, CA DETAILS

Community Tax helped me with a tax debt and everything went great it was a long process a lot of waiting but it was all worth it in the end. Elisabel Medina and Francis Labadie are the people who helped me out on my case and they were amazing really recomend them. They were very friendly, very informative always answers any question or doubt i might have, always kept me informed and update on my case. Really recomend Community Tax if you need help with tax stuff super great and friendly staff. Thanks to Francis Labadie, Elisabel Medina and Community Tax for all your help''

Bob
May 7th, 2019 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

Not clear upfront about how the settlement process works. They convince you into spending THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS before they explain the process to you. In my case it took almost 3 years because of lack of communication and them not being able to send documents through the actual mail instead of email... yes the IRS settled , but I found out later that I could have filed the same papers myself and got the same result... if you are more than 20k in debt to the irs then it's worth it. If not file them yourself.

Stefanie Cruz and Juan Melendez
May 7th, 2019 Centralia, WA DETAILS

They provide great costumer services every time I have a question they took the time to answer it and they able to work out my resolution with the IRS

Walter Lee Hyneman
May 6th, 2019 Puyallup, WA DETAILS

My experience with Community Tax was very satisfying, my wife and I was kept updated on any changes by them and the IRS.

Jeff Roth
May 2nd, 2019 Grayslake, IL DETAILS

Helped out quite a bit. Was in tough position but kept in touch. Followed up when needed. Dear with the govt. I r s. Was put on a payment plan. Made sure I had all info I needed. Always kept in touch.

May 03, 2019

Hi Jeff! We are so glad we could help , and we appreciate the positive feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Therese Wismer
May 2nd, 2019 Clarksville, TN DETAILS

Back in 2014 The IRS decided To show up to our house.It wasn’t a lot at that time she told us maybe we should down size our house .So let’s get a Tax lawyer.So I started calling around I found community tax.I started talking to lady about our tax problems.She said we can help you what she was saying to me I was like I don’t know something didn’t feel rite.Oh was I do wrong about them I fault so stupid.We are almost done what we have to do .They always took my phone calls an they deal with attitude. Community tax is the best out there.Dont shy away from them they are awesome people...

May 03, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Therese! We're so happy we could help! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Rebecca
April 29th, 2019 Wichita, KS DETAILS

They are so courteous and helpful. I didn't know what to do,and they took me in hand and showed me, step by step.

SHAUN H
April 29th, 2019 Amarillo, TX DETAILS

Because Community tax is awesome they took a while getting IRS to accept the offer but I will say I owed over a hundred thirty Grand and they got the offer and compromise down to 1500 so I highly recommend them at first I thought this was a gimmick or Ally community tax but I was way wrong they absolutely solved my IRS tax problems

Sherri
April 29th, 2019 Barbourville, KY

So far so good. They were very prompt to follow up and open to helpful financing options.

Top notch
April 22nd, 2019 Oakland, CA DETAILS

They deliver what they promise I was very pleased and recommending them to all my friends with tax problems.

May 03, 2019

Thank you for the kind words! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Nolan Simon
April 22nd, 2019 Sedalia, MO DETAILS

Great support and friendly staff. Everyone i talk to were very friendly and helpful

May 03, 2019

Hey Nolan! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

john o'bryan
April 22nd, 2019 Wright City, MO DETAILS

very helpful and knew how to help me. they were reasuring and took alot of worry away from me

Paula Munoz
April 22nd, 2019 Florence, WI DETAILS

Instructions were very informative. Very friendly aassociates.

Jim
April 22nd, 2019 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS

They were able to help me fix my issues.

christopher
April 22nd, 2019 Rome, NY DETAILS

They took care of my problem with the irs for me.

May 03, 2019

Hey Christopher! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

YOLANDA MONTIJO
April 17th, 2019 Gardena, CA DETAILS

I was such in a nerve wrecking position I thank Jasmine G for all the questions answered and she made me feel so at ease and calm I would recommend Community Tax To Any One With IRS Tax Problems I give 5 STARS .....

May 03, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Yolanda! We're so happy we could help! We think Jasmine is great too!

Bryant Hinton
April 17th, 2019 Schererville, IN DETAILS

Whenever I have a concern or a question about my caseI can call customer service a request to speak to my caseworker John P 80% of the time he is available and all the other 20% of the time he is unavailable someone from customer service is willing to help.

john hofmann
April 15th, 2019 Bayonne, NJ

Very early in the process for me but everything is moving along smoothly. John P my case manager is always available with any concerns I may have. Also Joe M and Joe W eased many concerns at the beginning for me. all good.

Linda
April 15th, 2019 Turlock, CA DETAILS

Positive & helpful while helping me through a very stressful time dealing with an IRS issue. They were able to resolve my problem.

May 03, 2019

Hi Linda! We are so glad we could help! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Susana C Price
April 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I like John P, he is very knowledgeable of his work, he is very confident, concern about your problems, he’s very professional, answer your questions, if you leave a massage he will call ASAP, I will do business with Community Tax for ever.

May 03, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Susana! We're so happy we could help! We think John is great too!

Karyn Menke
April 12th, 2019 Gloucester, VA DETAILS

I have enjoyed working with Community Tax service! The customer service has been wonderful and the associates have worked hard to accommodate my needs. They have been courteous and professional. I recommend Community Tax to take care of your tax issues!

Robert Dillingham
April 11th, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Quality professional staff available to address all questions. Consultant remains in contact via phone, email, text and written correspondence. File requests are readily made available. Pleased and confident in the firm’s ability to address my tax issues.

Sergio Sotelo
April 5th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I fill a lucky person for use community tax the give me a lot of help with my tax problem also help me to stop the colection from my pay check ,thank you community tax.

Linda Davis
April 5th, 2019 Markham, IL

Good morning I talked with Michelle several times she was very professional. She explained what was going and what will happen in the future. She answered all the questions I had and was patience with me. I thank you for that.

Miguel Arroyo
April 3rd, 2019 Manor, TX DETAILS

I love community tax help me from start to finish. I hope I don’t get to use you guys ever again!! Because I don’t want to be in trouble with the IRS again, but community tax help me out when I had no idea what was going on. Thanks community tax you guys are awesome.

Pernell Rainey
April 1st, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

My name is Pernell Rainey. Yesterday I received some info from community tax that totally set my mind and heart at ease. This company has been help me emencely. Christine/Christy G, OMG! SHE is such professional. She explained to me my IRS situation. She really made things clear. Also Sally G has been in contact with alot to insure that all my concerns were made clear. And always returned my calls and emails. I would truly recommend you guys to any and every one. Thanks,

Mike Persia
March 30th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Community Tax has been very helpful getting my taxes in order and getting me back on track. I would recommend to anyone.

Paul Rakoczy
March 29th, 2019 Summerville, SC DETAILS

Both my tax preparer and John both did an amazing job.

Naziha
March 29th, 2019 Hickory Hills, IL DETAILS

It was ok community tax helping me solve my problem with the IRS

Gregory Downceroux
March 28th, 2019 Belle Rose, LA

Community Tax help me with my tax problems and what a deal I got. I owed the government over 15,000 and community tax settle my case for 100.00 . Daniela you are the bes! Thank you very much! The stress is over and I can carry on with my life.

May 03, 2019

Wow, Gregory We love hearing stories like this, and thank you so much for sharing your experience! We're so happy we could help, and we will absolutely pass your kind words along to Daniela and the team! Please don't hesitate to give us a call for any future tax needs. Thank you again!

Kevin
March 28th, 2019 Springfield, IL DETAILS

Overall, I had a good experience. There are still things left in question and the act of getting them to complete my returns seemed unrealistically drawn out. I had to make multiple calls to find out the status of my filing. I had my case manager changed. I believe start to finish ended up taking close to a year for completion. They are no h&r block. In the end, I am happy with the results, so I still give 4 stars. We will see where it goes from here.

May 03, 2019

Hey Kevin! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

Beddie RegnierBeddbutch02
March 28th, 2019 Lutz, FL DETAILS

I was skeptical at first, this was a positive experience. I was given timely updates and my issue was resolved favorably.

William Hamilton
March 27th, 2019 Johnson City, TN DETAILS

I would like to say im very proud of what mr Dan F and community tax did for me and my family to resolve my tax difficulties to have a better life.thank you very much.William Hamilton

May 03, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, William! We're so happy we could help! We think Daniel is great too!

Lourdes Torres
March 27th, 2019 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

Coco has always answered my all my questions and returned my calls right away, so far I've had great experience.

Dion Esters
March 26th, 2019 Blue Island, IL DETAILS

Excellent very professional truly appreciate the information and support provided.

Isabella trak
March 26th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Very good, Michelle es super patient and helps me understand better even if I repeat the same question several times

Anne Miller
March 26th, 2019 Bentonville, AR DETAILS

Very helpful with all aspects of our tax problems.

Peggy
March 22nd, 2019 Mokena, IL DETAILS

Chris and Ryan were extremely professional and thorough in handling my case. Excellent work!!

Byron Cooper
March 21st, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

Daniela has been doing a bang up job to assist me. Many thxs!

Mar 26, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Byron! We'll pass your message along to Daniela. She definitely is one of the best! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

mark
March 20th, 2019 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

My fist few months of dealing w Community were confusing and (often) quite frustrating. Every time I called in for information it seemed there was yet another person assigned to my case. Every time I was supposed to get a reply or follow up call it never happened. If someone finally did send me a document to sign, I’d get 3 emails with the same attachment. Someone actually sent me a tax form that urgently needed my signature, but it had no info filled in whatsoever. No, I’m not signing a blank tax document, thank you. I was not happy in the slightest. Eventually, I got assigned to the team of Coco and Ben. Since that time everything that I needed, I got. Every call or email came in exactly when I was told it would. Every question got answered, returned calls came in quickly and I always knew what was going on (or if not, I knew what the delay was, why it happened and when to expect a resolution). Talk about a 180° turnaround. I’m very happy with the service I got from them.

Mar 26, 2019

Hi Mark! We are so sorry that things started out rough on your case, but glad that we could turn things aground. We will pass this feedback along to Coco and Ben, and we are so happy they provided a great client experience for you! Our Customer Satisfaction team would love to discuss your initial concerns in more detail. If you'd like, you can reach out to them directly at 773-577-2938. Thank you!

T. Wood
March 20th, 2019 Gaffney, SC DETAILS

If you owe the IRS don’t fight them alone I took a chance and called community tax and it was one of the best calls I every made it my life I owed the IRS thousands and they helped to a zero balance my team was wonderful and helpful every step of the way they kept me updated with calls and emails I felt like I was part of a family with them they treated me with respect over the phone all I can say is give them a call you want regret it they are people who are fighting to help you thanks to everyone who helped at Community Tax As For Erica She was wonderful to me🥰👍🏾🧳💯🙌🏾😘

Curtis Haynes
March 20th, 2019 Pasadena, CA

My experience with Community Tax has been very helpful in working with the challenges of dealing with the IRS. I had a number of years of unfilled back taxes and they were able to get all of those back taxes completed for me. My Representative, Cico & the attorney were very helpful in explaining what needed to be done for a successful resolution of my situation.l Additionally, when I ran into a situation with payments plan, the Accounting Department worked with me with an arrangement to resolve the situation. I will definitely refer anyone with a tax challenge to staff at Community.

Howard
March 19th, 2019 El Paso, TX DETAILS

Community Tax represented by Coco K have provided distinguished representation for me before the federal IRS in unraveling complicated and misleading judgments made by IRS. I would be in a series of dire situations without Coco’s valuable assistance. She and Community Tax have given me a shield of understanding and protection.

Latoya Collier
March 18th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

They are a very reliable company and always there when I need them and very professional

pat dane
March 18th, 2019 Southport, NC DETAILS

I had some major issues with my taxes and was being hounded by the IRS for months and months and they were close to doing whatever they do next probably Garnishment or taking personal property. It wasn't a good time and my wife and I were not sleeping well and our life was a living stressed fill mess. I heard an add on the radio about Community Tax and pulled my car over and called them. They calmed me down and I sent them all of the information I could and within about 10 days my wife and I were all good and zero stress. The Team at Community Tax are AWESOME !

Jon w Goodwin jr
March 15th, 2019 Riverdale, IL DETAILS

I have so much going on now, with the passing of my Dad. I don’t have all my paperwork to file. But Ms. G worked it out, I’m so grateful for her skills to research the system for the Documents I needed to complete my filing of taxes. Thank you Ms. G see you next yr

Habersham Bynes
March 14th, 2019 Columbia, SC DETAILS

I contact lots of other taxes relief companies and community tax was the best company with the best payment plan and they worked very well with me.

Mar 15, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Habersham! We're glad we could help. We hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!