Community Tax

verified

Community Tax

verified
The price ranges from $2.5k to $4.5k

Community Tax (CTAX) has helped over 60,000 customers with their tax needs and resolved over $400 million dollars in debt for their customers. Community Tax hires tax professionals such as Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), enrolled agents, and tax attorneys and assists with both IRS and state tax problems.

In addition to tax resolution help, the company offers tax return preparation, accounting, bookkeeping services, and other great options for customers (such as IRS tax levy relief, IRS tax lien relief, and help with applying for an IRS Offer in Compromise).

Community Tax Relief's approximate cost is between $2,500 and $4,500. Taxpayers must have at least $7,000 in tax debt to use CTAX's services. The company helps individual taxpayers, large companies, and small businesses with tax debt through tax resolution services.

CTAX is a full-service tax company headquartered in Chicago, IL and has been dedicated to assisting customers nationwide since 2010.

View real Community Tax reviews at the bottom of the page.

The Good

• Many IRS Debt Forgiveness Options
  • Educational Resources
  • Services
  • Tax Forgiveness Professionals
  • Availability

Many IRS Debt Forgiveness Options

Most tax relief companies provide a variety of different IRS debt forgiveness options. However, at the very least, Community Tax offers an in-depth explanation of its IRS debt forgiveness program and the different services involved.

• Offer in Compromise—A good option for taxpayers who are currently having financial difficulties. The IRS determines the maximum amount that the taxpayer can pay without causing financial hardship. The remainder is forgiven and once the amount is paid, the taxpayer is released from IRS tax liability.
  • Installment Agreement—This allows the taxpayers to pay off their balance over a period of time.
  • Streamline Installment Agreement—This agreement allows taxpayers to finish payment on a large expense such as a car or child support payments. This plan divides the payments into a schedule.
  • Partial Pay Installment Agreement—This payment plan is complicated and requires the taxpayer to disclose all financial information. The taxpayer is put on a payment plan for ten years and pays lower taxes overall.
  • Traditional Installment Agreement—This agreement is a simple installment plan: the taxpayer pays the entire tax debt over many payments. The amount is divided into monthly installments over a period of time, up to a 10-year statute of limitations.

Community Tax provides solutions to common tax problems, like back taxes, penalties, and bank levies.

Educational Resources

Community Tax offers several educational resources to help those who owe back taxes, including a tax form library. This library contains all the different types of tax forms with explanations on how to accurately fill them out.

A customer can request any of the forms and receive instructions for each form. This will help those who struggle to comprehend tax returns.

Community Tax also has a page dedicated to common tax terms and definitions (such as tax liability, non-collectible status, land trusts, tax preparer, taxing authorities, etc.). The definitions provide real-life scenarios for deeper understanding.

Community Tax also has a tax blog that contains interesting posts about different financial topics. Many posts focus on tax tips and laws, however, the blog also covers basic financial advice. Its breadth extends to money savings secrets and small business finances.

Services

The Community Tax Relief IRS Debt Forgiveness program entails a full service, one-stop tax service. They provide a plethora of tax services and agreement options. Services that are offered include the following:

• Tax resolution services
  • Tax preparation services
  • Accounting services
  • Bookkeeping services
  • Ctax monitoring services

CTAX’s tax relief services are a two-step process. Initially, the company requests information from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or state taxing authority, and compares it to the client’s records.

This allows Community Tax to determine the best course of action based on the tax situation.

The tax resolution phase involves determining a solution and submitting a proposal to the proper taxing authority. The company maintains open lines of communication with its clients during this process.

Tax Forgiveness Professionals

When customers with IRS tax debt choose to work with Community Tax for their tax relief needs, they can expect to receive service from licensed and dedicated tax professionals.

Community Tax's team consists of CPAs, tax attorneys, enrolled agents, and tax investigators. They offer individualized tax services and all clients are given a personal practitioner to work on their case. With an experienced tax attorney or enrolled agent on your side, you'll have the know how to defend yourself from an IRS audit or IRS debt penalty.

The experts at Community Tax can help customers with the following tax relief options:

• Notice of Deficiency
  • Stair Step Agreement
  • Currently Non-Collectible Status
  • Help with Unfiled Tax Returns
  • Help with Tax Lien Issues

When clients sign up with Community Tax, they have the option to give Community Tax the power of attorney. This means that the professionals at Community Tax will make correspondences on the client's behalf.

These professionals can help you fight an IRS tax lien, tax levy, wage garnishment, and any other tax relief service available. The tax professionals at Community Tax often lead to high customer satisfaction and high numbers of positive Community Tax reviews.

Availability

Community Tax relief is available for all 50 states. A tax relief company that services all 50 states demonstrates that it has the expertise and resources to adhere to each states different tax laws. All customers could potentially qualify by location. Additionally, Community Tax does not have a minimum debt requirement, making it easy for customers to qualify for tax relief.

The Bad

• Published Results
  • Unadvertised Community Tax Cost

Published Results

Community Tax offers limited published results on their website. Published results aid customers in their decision-making process.

Published results can show what an average customer's experience with the company is and that the program is worth the investment and time.

Published results can also give potential customers much-needed information about how long it will take to see results and what kind of results are possible.

Unadvertised Community Tax Cost

Community Tax does not have base prices on their website for IRS or state tax debt relief. So, what does Community Tax Relief cost? Our research has discovered that the estimated average price range is in the $2,500 to $4,500 range.

Potential customers must call or sign up for a quote in order to get a more exact price. This can be difficult for potential customers while shopping around for prices from different companies with tax debt relief services.

This lack of transparency can make it difficult to gauge if the services are worth the price. Community Tax states that it depends on the circumstances, but without an expected range, it can leave more questions than answers for the customer.

The Bottom Line

Community Tax employs IRS enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and CPAs to help the struggling taxpayer catch up on unpaid taxes, unfiled tax returns, and find opportunities for exemption status. As such, CTAX has the expertise to handle anything from income tax issues and property tax relief cases to innocent spouse relief cases.

While we would like to see Community Tax be more transparent about their fees, availability, and results, Community Tax has a lot of great features. Community Tax has professionals and options to help their customers with all of their tax needs. They offer solid educational resources to help customers avoid additional problems in the future. While it is still suggested that customers find the best company for their individual needs, we can recommend working with Community Tax whatever your tax problems are.

Call our recommended rep over at Community Tax below.

Byron Cooper
March 21st, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

Daniela has been doing a bang up job to assist me. Many thxs!

mark
March 20th, 2019 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

My fist few months of dealing w Community were confusing and (often) quite frustrating. Every time I called in for information it seemed there was yet another person assigned to my case. Every time I was supposed to get a reply or follow up call it never happened. If someone finally did send me a document to sign, I’d get 3 emails with the same attachment. Someone actually sent me a tax form that urgently needed my signature, but it had no info filled in whatsoever. No, I’m not signing a blank tax document, thank you. I was not happy in the slightest. Eventually, I got assigned to the team of Coco and Ben. Since that time everything that I needed, I got. Every call or email came in exactly when I was told it would. Every question got answered, returned calls came in quickly and I always knew what was going on (or if not, I knew what the delay was, why it happened and when to expect a resolution). Talk about a 180° turnaround. I’m very happy with the service I got from them.

T. Wood
March 20th, 2019 Gaffney, SC DETAILS

If you owe the IRS don’t fight them alone I took a chance and called community tax and it was one of the best calls I every made it my life I owed the IRS thousands and they helped to a zero balance my team was wonderful and helpful every step of the way they kept me updated with calls and emails I felt like I was part of a family with them they treated me with respect over the phone all I can say is give them a call you want regret it they are people who are fighting to help you thanks to everyone who helped at Community Tax As For Erica She was wonderful to me🥰👍🏾🧳💯🙌🏾😘

Howard
March 19th, 2019 El Paso, TX DETAILS

Community Tax represented by Coco K have provided distinguished representation for me before the federal IRS in unraveling complicated and misleading judgments made by IRS. I would be in a series of dire situations without Coco’s valuable assistance. She and Community Tax have given me a shield of understanding and protection.

Latoya Collier
March 18th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

They are a very reliable company and always there when I need them and very professional

pat dane
March 18th, 2019 Southport, NC DETAILS

I had some major issues with my taxes and was being hounded by the IRS for months and months and they were close to doing whatever they do next probably Garnishment or taking personal property. It wasn't a good time and my wife and I were not sleeping well and our life was a living stressed fill mess. I heard an add on the radio about Community Tax and pulled my car over and called them. They calmed me down and I sent them all of the information I could and within about 10 days my wife and I were all good and zero stress. The Team at Community Tax are AWESOME !

Jeff Roth
March 18th, 2019 Grayslake, IL DETAILS

Did all they could to help. Great customer service.

Curtis Haynes
March 20th, 2019 Pasadena, CA

My experience with Community Tax has been very helpful in working with the challenges of dealing with the IRS. I had a number of years of unfilled back taxes and they were able to get all of those back taxes completed for me. My Representative, Cico & the attorney were very helpful in explaining what needed to be done for a successful resolution of my situation.l Additionally, when I ran into a situation with payments plan, the Accounting Department worked with me with an arrangement to resolve the situation. I will definitely refer anyone with a tax challenge to staff at Community.

Jon w Goodwin jr
March 15th, 2019 Riverdale, IL DETAILS

I have so much going on now, with the passing of my Dad. I don’t have all my paperwork to file. But Ms. G worked it out, I’m so grateful for her skills to research the system for the Documents I needed to complete my filing of taxes. Thank you Ms. G see you next yr

Habersham Bynes
March 14th, 2019 Columbia, SC DETAILS

I contact lots of other taxes relief companies and community tax was the best company with the best payment plan and they worked very well with me.

Mar 15, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Habersham! We're glad we could help. We hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Michael
March 13th, 2019 Tucker, GA DETAILS

Its been a long process with many different agents. But now I feel a bit hopeful because of the person handling my case now. She keeps in touch with me and lets me know what's going on. And for that I'm very thankful. Keep it up Mrs. S..

Mar 15, 2019

Hi, Michael! Thank you for the positive feedback. We are sorry that the process was lengthy. Because much of our work hinges on the responsiveness of the IRS and State taxing authorities, we sometimes have little control over how quickly a case moves. We would like to take a closer look at your case, and see if there is anything we can do to help. Can you please reach out to our Customer Satisfaction team at 773-577-2938? Thank you!

Frederick Lamont Collier
March 12th, 2019 Cordova, TN DETAILS

Meghan was very helpful in calming my nerves and assisting me throughout this entire process. My situation was a mess but they ironed it out for me. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Mar 15, 2019

Thank you for the positive feedback, Frederick! We think Meghan is pretty great too, and we'll pass your kind words along to her and your tax team! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future!

Ted H
March 11th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

John P is a consummate customer experience specialist. He knows CTax's products/services and processes intimately. He promptly returns calls, and gives accurate, succinct answers to my questions. As you can imagine, working with a company via e-mail, phone calls, and quite frankly blind trust is a daunting experience. John's consistent business acumen removed all of my doubts and hesitations about transacting business with CTax long distance. I also want to note the other CTax staff that I've received excellent customer service from: Monika H - Tax preparer Nick C - Senior Case Analyst Jose L - Attorney Christine G - Tax Assurance Advocate Sally G - Enrollment Specialist Shelsee H - Case Management Administrator. Every one of the individuals I listed above made it a priority to personally reach out to me and help guide me through CTax's complete and effective tax course correction process.

Mar 15, 2019

Wow, Ted! We love hearing stories like this, and thank you so much for sharing your experience! We're so happy we could help, and we will absolutely pass your kind words along to John and the team! Please don't hesitate to give us a call for any future tax needs. Thank you again!

John Beardsley
March 11th, 2019 Wenatchee, WA DETAILS

Overall my experience was very good, all of the staff assisting me were very helpful. My wife really enjoyed having Spanish speaking people available to help explain the process to her. Erika S was a primary contact for us and proved to be very helpful. The downside was I did get confused in the begining having so many people trying to help I began to lose track of who I had given information to already and who was following up. But overall I feel everyone worked hard to try and serve my best interests. Thank you, John Beardsley

Tony B.
March 11th, 2019 Hallandale, FL DETAILS

For the most part, I’m satisfied that I made the right decision in selecting CTS to assist with my tax issues, but I believe that they might have become overloaded with new clients.

Timothy SanteeT
March 11th, 2019 Kunkletown, PA DETAILS

Well just wanted to say coco has been a big help at a tough time for me and my family. She is a great person to work with . And is very helpful.

Mar 12, 2019

Hi Timothy! We really appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you had a great experience. We would love to get a better look into why you gave one star, and do what we can to make things right. Can you please reach out to our Customer Satisfaction Department at 773-577-2938, or email us at [email protected]? Thank you!

Cliff Bryant
March 11th, 2019 Waltham, MA

I work mostly with my case manager, John P. John is very straightforward and to the point. He explains things and communicates well. John has good attention to detail. John is very responsive, and it is never a problem communicating with him, either via text or by telephone.

Eric Singleton
March 8th, 2019 Denton, TX DETAILS

Lots of good communication regarding my case from Coco and always a pleasure to talk to on the phone. Thank you!

Mar 08, 2019

Thank you for the feedback, Eric! We are so glad you had a great experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything in the future!

Osvaldo A Gutierrez
March 8th, 2019 Visalia, CA DETAILS

community tax helped me with my tax problem with the IRS, they are very professional lawyers, they did a very good job, and I am happy with their work.

James Sturgeon
March 8th, 2019 Lake City, FL DETAILS

I called community tax, and then explained to my wife what they said they would do. She rolled eyes, and said yeah right.She couldn’t believe how closely they helped us with are problem, and how easy it was for to get a hold of them with not being put on hold, and then talk to someone that knows about are case, instead of explaining everything to whoever.She really felt comfortable with the staff there. They were all so helpful. We were assigned a gentleman ,named John P. He explained to us everything in laymen terms so I could understand everything.he made a point I guess to call back even if was past business hrs. Very impressive. My wife and I would recommend community tax for all your needs pertaining to government. My wife said I did good.

Mar 08, 2019

We love hearing stores like this one, James!! Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you need anything in the future!

Stacy
March 7th, 2019 Star Prairie, WI DETAILS

Community Tax has been wonderful and very professional. They call and provide updates regularly. I am very glad I found them. They helped me at the hardest time of my life after I made poor financial choices. I recommend them to all who are facing tax problems.

J Finch
March 7th, 2019 Bolingbrook, IL DETAILS

Community Tax was excellent from start to finish.They helped removed a heavy burden that was hoovering over my life for years . I had almost a decade of unfiled and unpaid taxes .They managed to get it all done at a very reasonable price and I'm now current .No more storms.

Mar 08, 2019

We really appreciate the kind words, J! We're so glad that we could help get you a great resolution. Please give us a call come tax season!

Michael Faklaris
March 6th, 2019 Elgin, IL DETAILS

Everyone I have been working with so far has been great! Nick C for helping me out when I didn't understand something because I have little knowledge of tax anything. Ermir for physically doing my tax prep. And Coco K for providing a great customer service experience recently and understanding everything going on with me currently. I truly appreciate everyone's professional help to my not so great situation I am in. I would recommend any of my family and friends to Community Tax Corporation.

Avery
March 6th, 2019 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

I am in awww with Community Tax. They helped me out allot. Allot. Allot .Allot. Great communication. Thanks so much. Community Tax is the best.

Mar 08, 2019

Thank you for the feedback, Avery! We're so happy we were able to help!

David White
February 27th, 2019

Good and informative but would like to know all inclusive cost before signing up for service

Feb 28, 2019

Hi, David! Thank you for the feedback! We are glad that you were satisfied with the service, but we do apologize if there was any confusion surrounding the cost. If you would like to discuss this with our Customer Satisfaction team please feel free to reach out at 773-577-2938. Thank you again!!

Weston
February 26th, 2019 Lodi, CA DETAILS

With out community tax I don’t know what I would have done with my tax problem. They explained in detail the process and stayed in touch throughout the process. I also have them do my tax returns on a yearly basis. Can’t thank them enough for helping me through this stressful situation.

Barry S
February 22nd, 2019 Toms River, NJ DETAILS

Community tax has been so easy to deal with. I get account updates and quick responses to questions that I have.

Feb 28, 2019

Thank you for the great review, Barry!! We really appreciate it! Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you need anything in the future!

February 21st, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

We are very satisfied with the attorneys and everyone on our team.They answered our questions and settled our case. We highly recommend them.We thank God for the whole team . Thanks again. Don and Mary

Thomas Horton
February 19th, 2019 Stone Mountain, GA DETAILS

Everyone is very helpful and professional at all times I have contact

Derrick Lawton
February 8th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY

Helped me and was very instructive Connor is a very great customer service rep

Feb 13, 2019

Hi Derrick, Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We appreciate it!

K Gordon
January 31st, 2019 Poughkeepsie, NY DETAILS

My experience with community tax was mind blowing! I was so relieved of the stress i had with the IRS , community put my mind at ease. I would recommend everyone who has a tax problem to go to them for help because they are who they say they are! No joke they are for real and they stay in touch with you every step of the way. Thank you community.

Feb 08, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Mr Gordon! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Jim Kost
January 30th, 2019 New Albany, IN DETAILS

The people at Community Tax are a pleasure to work with. Settled my 12000 tax debt for 100.00.

Feb 08, 2019

Hi Jim! We are so glad we could help , and we appreciate the positive feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Steve
January 25th, 2019 Chino Hills, CA DETAILS

Community Tax went above and beyond eliminating my IRS bill of $79,000 owed to $0.00. Sarah N handled my case and battled the IRS & my payroll with a furosity like no other. This company and employee literally has changed my life along with my family’s!

Jan 29, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Steve! We are so glad you had a great experience and an amazing resolution. We will pass your kind words along to Sarah, she really is one of the best! Feel free to reach back out to us this tax season!

Jerry Lewis
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

They were instrumental in helping me solve my issues.

Jan 23, 2019

Hi Jerry! We are so glad we could help , and we appreciate the positive feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Tammy
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Professional service from all on the team under the direction of Ryan Stegena. They helped to work through the process and assisted me all the way throughout the settlement.

Jan 23, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Tammy! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again come Tax time!

Ralph Carter
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

They did everything that they told me that they would in the beginning.

Jan 29, 2019

Hi Ralph! We are so glad we could help! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Bev
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Community Tax is very efficient and helps you with every part of your tax problems. They stay in touch with you and hanle all negotiations . I am very pleased winh my resolution and would recommend them to anyone.

Jan 23, 2019

Hey Bev! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

Bobby Tisdale
January 22nd, 2019 Moss Point, MS DETAILS

I want to thank community tax for helping me in my toughest time ! They were like a quarterback in my worst game and I won , by running the plays that they told me to follow on my road to victory now I am back to being Bobby again

Jan 23, 2019

Hey Bobby! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

Norman Riker
January 17th, 2019 Thousand Oaks, CA DETAILS

My wife and I were extremely stressed over the substantial debt we had with the IRS due to financial and health related devastating events in our lives. Our accountant suggested we contact a tax resolution specialist and after reaching out to a few, Community Tax, was by far the most professional and comforting firm we spoke with. We discussed our predicament and I have to say from the initial conversation we had with one of their very knowledgeable and caring agents, we had a sense that the tax burden would be handled. They suggested a number of alternatives for us and we agreed with their recommendations on which path to take, While the process took quite some time and we had fears of completion along the way, we continued to be updated and told not to worry as they would make sure there would be a positive outcome. We were not disappointed by the incredible Community Tax Team. Our debt of over $30,000 was placed in a non collectible status due to our advanced age and financial inability to pay. Every member of their staff displayed a sincere understanding and empathy and hand held us through all the steps. We highly recommend that if any one finds themselves in a tax liability crises, don't hesitate to reach out to Community Tax. You will not be disappointed.

Jan 29, 2019

Hey Norman! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

none
January 17th, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

They're efficient, keep you up to date on all matters and are available when you need to ask any questions

Sharon k
January 17th, 2019 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

They were very Professionals, the communication was great. I was very reluctant to make the call so glad i did. It was worth evey penny. They explain every step process and kept me i formed. I was very pleased with the final results.

Jan 23, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Sharon! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Ford
January 17th, 2019 Kennesaw, GA DETAILS

Because they are Awesome. I enjoyed working with a representative understood my situation and guided me in achieving to help me with my tax situation.

Jan 29, 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Ford! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Travis C
January 11th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Community tax has helped me get a handle on my tax issues I called and got a very helpful person that got me set up and got the ball rolling in the process of going through my case I had a few different individuals working on my case some were good some weren’t I didn’t hold that against them they worked for me I know am at a resolution with my state and Christopher is my guy he keeps me informed

Jan 11, 2019

We are so happy we could help, Travis! We're sorry your case may have had a rocky start. We really appreciate your feedback. If there is anything else we can do to help please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Satisfaction team at 773-577-2938. Thank you!

Lloyd G
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Their customer representatives were friendly and helpful.

Feb 13, 2019

We are so glad that you had a great experience, Lloyd! We work hard to provide the very best customer service, and it is great to hear that we are exceeding expectations! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future!

Jaime D
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

My experience was perfect. Everytime I got a call from them, they were so friendly and they helped me throughout my question I was asking.

Jorge
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Everything was very good, they were on time and they were very helpful.

Valerie
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

It was a little bit frustrating because whenever I called, I was never able to get in touch with anyone at all for two weeks.

Jan 11, 2019

Valerie, we are sorry you had some issues with your case. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, it definitely helps us improve! We'd like to see what we can do to help fix this for you. Can you please give us a call at 773-577-2938? Thank you!

January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

I am very satisfied with them and I'm glad they helped me with my situation and I enjoyed the experience with them.

Timothy
January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They keep in touch with me on what's going on through the whole process.

January 10th, 2019 DETAILS

I got bounced around from person to person and they didn't do what they told me they could do.

Jan 10, 2019

Mary, we are so sorry to hear you had a poor experience! We assure you, that is not the way we do business. We'd really like to take another look at your case, and see what we can do to make things right. Please give our Customer Satisfaction team a call at 773-577-2938, or send us an email at [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!