Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Community Tax

verified
$100 Guarantee
The price ranges from $2.5k to $4.5k

Community Tax (CTAX) has helped over 60,000 customers with their tax needs and resolved over $400 million dollars in debt for their customers. Community Tax hires tax professionals such as CPAs, enrolled agents, and tax attorneys and assists with both IRS and state tax problems.

In addition to tax resolution help, the company offers tax return preparation, accounting, bookkeeping services, and other great options for customers (such as IRS tax levy relief, IRS tax lien relief, and help with applying for an IRS Offer in Compromise).

Community Tax Relief's approximate cost is between $2,500 and $4,500. Taxpayers must have at least $7,000 in tax debt to use CTAX's services. The company helps individual taxpayers, large companies, and small businesses with tax debt.

CTAX is a full-service tax company headquartered in Chicago, IL and has been dedicated to assisting customers nationwide since 2010.

The Good

• Many IRS Debt Forgiveness Options
  • Educational Resources
  • Services
  • Tax Forgiveness Professionals
  • Availability

Many IRS Debt Forgiveness Options

Most tax relief companies provide a variety of different IRS debt forgiveness options. However, at the very least, Community Tax offers an in-depth explanation of its IRS debt forgiveness program and the different services involved.

• Offer in Compromise—A good option for taxpayers who are currently having financial difficulties. The IRS determines the maximum amount that the taxpayer can pay without causing financial hardship. The remainder is forgiven and once the amount is paid, the taxpayer is released from IRS tax liability.
  • Installment Agreement—This allows the taxpayers to pay off their balance over a period of time.
  • Streamline Installment Agreement—This agreement allows taxpayers to finish payment on a large expense such as a car or child support payments. This plan divides the payments into a schedule.
  • Partial Pay Installment Agreement—This payment plan is complicated and requires the taxpayer to disclose all financial information. The taxpayer is put on a payment plan for ten years and pays lower taxes overall.
  • Traditional Installment Agreement—This agreement is a simple installment plan: the taxpayer pays the entire tax debt over many payments. The amount is divided into monthly installments over a period of time, up to a 10-year statute of limitations.

Educational Resources

Community Tax offers several educational resources to help those struggling with back taxes, including a tax form library. This library contains all the different types of tax forms with explanations on how to accurately fill them out.

A customer can request any of the forms and receive instructions for each form. This will help those who struggle to comprehend tax returns.

Community Tax also has a page dedicated to common tax terms and definitions (such as tax liability, non-collectible status, land trusts, tax preparer, taxing authorities, etc.). The definitions provide real-life scenarios for deeper understanding.

Community Tax also has a tax blog that contains interesting posts about different financial topics. Many posts focus on tax tips and laws, however, the blog also covers basic financial advice. Its breadth extends to money savings secrets and small business finances.

Services

The Community Tax Relief IRS Debt Forgiveness program entails a full service, one-stop tax service. They provide a plethora of tax services and agreement options. Services that are offered include the following:

• Tax resolution
  • Tax preparation
  • Accounting
  • Bookkeeping
  • Ctax monitoring

CTAX’s tax relief services are a two-step process. Initially, the company requests information from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or state taxing authority, and compares it to the client’s records.

This allows Community Tax to determine the best course of action.

The tax resolution phase involves determining a solution and submitting a proposal to the proper taxing authority. The company maintains open lines of communication with its clients during this process.

Tax Forgiveness Professionals

When customers with IRS tax debt choose to work with Community Tax for their tax relief needs, they can expect to receive service from licensed and dedicated tax professionals.

Community Tax's team consists of CPAs, tax attorneys, enrolled agents, and tax investigators. They offer individualized tax services and all clients are given a personal practitioner to work on their case. With an experienced tax attorney or enrolled agent on your side, you'll have the know how to defend yourself from an IRS audit or IRS debt penalty.

The experts at Community Tax can help customers with the following tax relief options:

• Notice of Deficiency
  • Stair Step Agreement
  • Currently Non-Collectible Status
  • Help with Unfiled Tax Returns
  • Help with Tax Lien Issues

When clients sign up with Community Tax, they have the option to give Community Tax the power of attorney. This means that the professionals at Community Tax will make correspondences on the client's behalf.

These professionals can help you fight an IRS tax lien, tax levy, wage garnishment, and any other tax relief service available. The tax professionals at Community Tax often lead to high customer satisfaction and high numbers of positive Community Tax reviews.

Availability

Community Tax relief is available for all 50 states. A tax relief company that services all 50 states demonstrates that it has the expertise and resources to adhere to each states different tax laws. All customers could potentially qualify by location. Additionally, Community Tax does not have a minimum debt requirement, making it easy for customers to qualify for tax relief.

The Bad

• Published Results
  • Unadvertised Community Tax Cost

Published Results

Community Tax offers limited published results on their website. Published results aid customers in their decision-making process.

Published results can show what an average customer's experience with the company is and that the program is worth the investment and time.

Published results can also give potential customers much-needed information about how long it will take to see results and what kind of results are possible.

Unadvertised Community Tax Cost

Community Tax does not have base prices on their website for IRS or state tax debt relief. So, what does Community Tax Relief cost? Our research has discovered that the estimated average price range is in the $2,500 to $4,500 range.

Potential customers must call or sign up for a quote in order to get a more exact price. This can be difficult for potential customers while shopping around for prices.

This lack of transparency can make it difficult to gauge if the services are worth the price. Community Tax states that it depends on the circumstances, but without an expected range, it can leave more questions than answers for the customer.

The Bottom Line

Community Tax employs IRS enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and CPAs to help the struggling taxpayer catch up on unpaid taxes, unfiled tax returns, and find opportunities for exemption status. As such, CTAX has the expertise to handle anything from income tax issues and property tax relief cases to innocent spouse relief cases.

While we would like to see Community Tax be more transparent about their fees, availability, and results, Community Tax has a lot of great features. Community Tax has professionals and options to help their customers with all of their tax needs. They offer solid educational resources to help customers long term. While it is still suggested that customers find the best company for their individual needs, we can recommend working with Community Tax.

Call our recommended rep over at Community Tax below.

Tax Resolution
December 7th, 2018 San Mateo, CA DETAILS

Community Tax more than exceeded our expectations to resolve our Tax issues. Faye was the one who contacted you and made a great decision... In the past we have worked with other agencies to help with tax issues and none resolved as Community Tax did. I (Husband Paul) did not believe this was going anywhere but was proved very wrong.. You all have done a great job. Very attentive, fast response, very courteous. We would recommend Community Tax to anyone.

Gwendolyn P Turner
December 3rd, 2018 Newark, NJ DETAILS

Community Tax far exceeded my expectations. I am so greatful to them and I would recommend them to anyone I ever come across in the future that is having tax problems. Thank you so much Chris you are the best. Thanks Gwen Turner

Lauren NoelDec 06, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Gwendolyn ! We're so happy we could help! We think Chris L. is great too!

Mary Ann Esquibel
November 30th, 2018 Penasco, NM

Conner was very helpful in helping me understand how Commuity Tax works. He was very patient with me and understanding of my current situation with all I have going on as far as all my bills. Especially the IRS which has payed heavily on my mind for years. I really appreciate him and I thank him for all his wonderful help.

James Kesinger
November 28th, 2018 Texas City, TX DETAILS

I'm very satisfied with the results. Saved slot of money, and able to pay balance at a good amount. Stayed in contact with me, and explained when I was uneasy about something.

Lauren NoelDec 06, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, James! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

LERMA, JACQUELINE
November 27th, 2018 Victorville, CA DETAILS

The experience with Community Tax is excellent. They are friendly, willing to help you, and they get the job done if you are having problems with the IRS or Franchise Tax Board. I highly recommend Community tax.

Lauren NoelNov 27, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Jacqueline! We are so glad you had a great experience and an amazing resolution. We will pass your kind words along to your tax team!

Lorena
November 16th, 2018 Verona, IL DETAILS

Friendly staff, responds to calls in a timely manner. Explanation of process as they worked with us. Recommend Community Tax to everyone.

Lauren NoelNov 23, 2018

We are so happy we could help, Lorena! We really appreciate your feedback! Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything in the future!

melvin brown
November 16th, 2018 Killeen, TX DETAILS

I've used this service for several years and find the service to be outstanding. I highly recommend CTR

Lauren NoelNov 23, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Melvin! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Jerome
November 16th, 2018 Scott City, MO

I would like to thank Community Tax for professional and polite service. They were thorough and complete in their investigation, giving me the assurance I needed to have peace of mind over tax issues. Denise Y gave fast and friendly service and covered all the areas I needed help with, I could not of did it on my own. Jerome

Lauren NoelNov 27, 2018

Jerome, we are so happy we could help! We work hard to make sure your investigation results are as thorough and fast! Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

Marva Hawkins
November 13th, 2018 Baker, LA DETAILS

My experience was outstanding I did not have to call Conner R, he maintained constant communication via phone, and e-mail. Conner is knowledgeable of the options available, great customer service, set the expectation and fulfilled my expectation.

Lauren NoelNov 23, 2018

Marva, we are so glad our Customer Service exceeded your expectations! We really work hard at providing the best. We hope you'll reach out if you need anything in the future!

Devin Menard
November 13th, 2018 Saint Mary, MO

I want to give a big thanks to community tax for helping me with my taxes. I had no issues and they got my payments super low and very affordable. Thanks again for all the hard work. Helped me out a lot. I would recommend community tax

Lauren NoelDec 06, 2018

Hey Devin! We're so glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them! Should you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

PATRICK FAGAN
November 13th, 2018 Hopkinton, MA

After being notified of a sudden wage garnishment by the IRS, I knew I had little time to get to the bottom of it before I was sucked dry. I have always been skeptical of on line help requiring the most personal of information but I HAD to make a choice. I spent a good while comparing different firms and at this point I feel like I made the correct decision. I called Community Tax and was answered by a gentleman named Charlie H who understood my skepticism and assured me, on many different fronts, he understood and would help me through this entire process. I was then introduced to my practitioner Paul G who had Charlie's same cool, calm attitude, easing my anxiety and explaining things concisely, in a way my simple mind can handle. Both assured me they would do everything they could to help me out including expediting my case because of its impending doom! Within a week, a three month stop has been put on any garnishment. This was facilitated by Greg L who went above and beyond to be sure all based were covered before initiating the stop. As a carpenter, I always measure twice and cut once. Although I'm not finished (not even close) with my tax woes, I certainly feel quite comfortable with Community Tax and will continue to seek their guidance to get all this behind me.

Daniel Rush
November 9th, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

The representitives I spoke with were very nice and cordial. They were clear and consice about the requirements and guarantees associated with the services provided. Judy R had exceptional customer service with a nice personal touch. The only problem I had with the whole experience was the cost. It was a bit pricey; they really had to sell it to me. I suppose its my own fault for falling behind on my taxes.

Lauren NoelDec 06, 2018

Hi Daniel! We are so glad we could help , and we appreciate the positive feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your future tax needs!

Michael Prince
November 8th, 2018 Birmingham, AL

Conner did a excellent job on what I needed to be done

Lauren NoelNov 23, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Michael! We'll pass them along. We think Conner is pretty great too!

Maria E.
November 2nd, 2018 Holyoke, MA DETAILS

For years I have dreaded tax time-a time of anxiety and intimidation. I found CommunityTax level of service and their staff very excellent. Dennis M is professional, knowledgeable, and “top notch” when it comes to me and my tax preparation. I cannot forsee ever changing -Community Tax saves me time, money and fear of the unknown! Dennis definitely made me a repeat customer!

Lauren NoelNov 05, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Maria! We're so happy we could help! We think Dennis is great too!

Eric. Worth
November 2nd, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

And it has been great so I'm depending on you guys to help me solve this issue and that's why I selected you guys to help me hoping that you will be able to solve this problem in a timely mannerI will appreciate if you guys will help me so that's why I contacted you

Lauren NoelDec 06, 2018

Hi Eric, we will certainly help you resolve this matter! please give us a call at 773 577 2020 if you have any questions regarding your case.

Kerry Norwood
October 31st, 2018 Decatur, GA DETAILS

Community Tax was a lift save they help me get my life back in order they came into my life and help me get control of all my back taxes i was very scared they let me know they was here to help me and to protect me from the IRS even when i got very sick they help me out and came up with a resolution for me i'm so grateful to the sfaff and everyone at Community Tax thank you .Kerry Norwood

Lauren NoelDec 06, 2018

Kerry We love hearing stories like this, and thank you so much for sharing your experience! We're so happy we could help, and we will absolutely pass your kind words along to the team! Please don't hesitate to give us a call for any future tax needs. Thank you again!

Rogelio L Lowe
October 30th, 2018 Walnut Grove, CA DETAILS

I signed up with you guys because I needed help with my taxes. But I wonder if I made the right decision. I received a letter from the RIS at my place of employment. I called to speak to the person handling my case, i was was transferred to Nate witch turned out to be the wrong person. Nate gave me Ermier #. then call Charlie Hernandez for help. He transferred me to a extension that said that all representative was busy and to leave a massage. I called Charlie back 3 times and he dint answered his phone . I left him a message to return my call, I'm still waiting. I then call Ermier and asked him about my 2017 tax return that I had emailed him 10 days ago. I asked where he was with my case. He opened his file and said that the IRS had not received my filings and that if I wanted he could file it for me tomorrow. So I asked him isn't that what this is all about? You guy's taking the necessary steps to help me with my tax problems? Or is that I need to call for something to happen ? I told him that o received a letter from the IRS with a other of garnishment, he asked me what the letter was sent for and to garnish what? REALLY! He said he would complete my 2017 taxes and that he would forward my concerns to someone I wasn't clear on who he was going to contact. I can't afford for my check to be garnished, I put my trust in you guys to help me out with my tax problems. At this time you guys not giving me a sense of confidence. You sure talked a good game at the beginning. This is not the description I was told. Please help.

Lauren NoelNov 01, 2018

Rogelio, we are so sorry that you had this experience. This is absolutely not the way we do business, and we apologize this happened. We'd like the opportunity to make things right. Our Customer Satisfaction Team will be reaching out to you tomorrow. You can also give us a call at 773-577-2938. Thank you!

Fatmata Baryoh
October 30th, 2018 Hyattsville, MD

The overall experience was great and helpful. The important and explanation was very clear and understanding. The representative is well knowledgeable about the services he was providing.

Lydia Handy
October 30th, 2018 DETAILS

In only 15 months my case has been completed. From Bruce to Tyler to Daniel and to Yolanda my case was handled professionally and with great reassurance. I am so relieved to have it resolved and so thankful for the Community Tax team.

Chuck
October 29th, 2018 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS

Nothing but positive, great service and overall good experience.

Lauren NoelNov 05, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Chuck! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

Barbara M Kelly
October 29th, 2018 Hartsville, SC DETAILS

Monthly fee for monitoring should be less for people on fixed income

Joe E Garza, Jr
October 29th, 2018 Fresno, CA

I feel more at eas knowing that Conner understood my situation and is ready to help me right away.

PC
October 23rd, 2018 Springfield, VA DETAILS

Because I have experience with them. They care me and think about their clience, That why i like community Tax Service.

Lauren NoelNov 23, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback, PC! We really appreciate it!

Lisa williams
October 23rd, 2018 Madison, WI DETAILS

Respectful and honest very helpful and knowledgeable staff

Lauren NoelNov 05, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Lisa! We're glad we could help. We'll hope you'll give us a call again again come Tax time!

B.L. Johnson
October 23rd, 2018 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS

They did a very good job. I was very pleased with my outcome.

John
October 23rd, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

The care about the rheir clients. It was hard to believe at first, it soundee to good to be true, i. Glad i called them for everyone having issues with the IRS i definely recomment to call them they will help you . Thank you so much community tax.

Stanley M.
October 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent company. Very professional and customer oriented. They understand customer needs. Their staff, many of whom are former IRS employees, know how the IRS System operates and will fight for you.

Damion Lewis
October 23rd, 2018 Homestead, FL

My experience with Mrs Denise Y was very comforting, felt as if I’m definitely in good hands to rectify my situation. Her vibe was soothing and real, what a pleasure.....

Curtis Grays
October 19th, 2018 Houston, TX

In speaking with Denise Y about my tax problems she has completely changed my outlook on my situation. We haven't completed the task but her presentation and knowledge has uplifted me tremendously! This situation has burdened me for years. It was something I've avoided because my past efforts has failed. But I'm very encouraged now. I look forward to completing this process with Ms. Y. I thank GOD for her!

Joel M Brown
October 19th, 2018 Whitinsville, MA DETAILS

My experience with Community Tax has been excellent. Jennifer B, the Attorney assigned to my case, has been there every step of the way. Her knowledge and understanding of my case as been comforting. I would also like to add her punctuality for our phone meetings has been 100%.

Jorge d. Vazquez
October 18th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Very well informed..a lot of help my mind is at ease ...mr..C was very helpful

John Hoesch
October 17th, 2018 North East, MD DETAILS

They did a great job dealing with the IRS and helping me to handle my problem. I recommend Community Tax Help for any tax issues you may have.

Alejandro Ramos
October 17th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I had a great experience explain and had lots of patients with me great.

Linda A Glancy
October 17th, 2018 Chula Vista, CA

Conner did a fabulous job , he explained everything, in detail, a very pleasant individual and I look forward to working with him in the future for all my tax needs.

Tiara wooten
October 17th, 2018 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

Community taxes help me resolve all my taxes Conner did a great job an I’m satisfied with the reault

Jeff Bigelow
October 17th, 2018 Lawrence, MI DETAILS

Conner provides the most useful information about the two step plan.

Radie Felema
October 17th, 2018 Renton, WA

Conner how was hard time my family when call the proscess and setting how the answer to me understand what say so amazing respond resolve my my family problem appreciate all what he did Thanks

Eduardo Garzon
October 16th, 2018 Hialeah, FL DETAILS

Very professionals and always responds in a timely matter

October 16th, 2018 Franklinville, NJ DETAILS

many years of service with IRS liens. Jennifer brugh esq worked on my behalf to get release of garnishing of wages and release of liens also secured an offer in compromise . also help with IRS issues from my husband's death and also the lose of my home

Dennis
October 16th, 2018 Largo, FL DETAILS

Great follow up. Good finance good customer service