Best Company Guarantee Sunrun Logo

Sunrun

8.6

Fred Zanger Santa Margarita, CA

They were willing to negotiate what I wanted to achieve and move location of collectors, the install was quick and crew was great

Reply from Sunrun

This is great! We pride ourselves in making solar a hassle-free transition for customers. Glad to hear about your amazing experience. Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Sep. 7th, 2018

Jonathan Fresno, CA

Customer service agent was rude and obnoxious. Harnessing debt collection calls when my account wasn't past due. The auto payment penalty charge is unfair and discriminating Exploitation of customers!

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for reaching out, Jonathan. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunrun. This is not the Sunrun norm. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We would be happy to further investigate this matter. Please private message me your contact information.

May. 25th, 2018

RJ

From start to finish the customer service has been excellent. Their sales Rep, Ryan Y, was involved and in touch through all phases.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you, RJ for sharing your experience and taking the time to rate us! We are happy to hear that you have experienced great customer service from beginning to end, that's what we strive for. Communication is key when customers are making the move to solar and we are happy to hear you had great overall experience!

May. 15th, 2018

Jeffrey Austin

The salesmen and the installer were excellent. However the project manager was very unreliable throughout the project in terms of promising to return phone calls

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your feedback Jeffrey A. We will be providing the communication feedback to our Project coordination leadership team. We are happy to hear everything else went smoothly, That's what we love to hear! We aim to provide the best customer experience and are constantly working to cut down our installation process time. So thrilled you're now a new member of our Sunrun family!

May. 14th, 2018

Bruce Sentas Hanson, MA

The warranty and guarantee are very fine. The agent I spoke with was fine and got back to us with any questions he couldn't answer at the time.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Bruce S. This is such a wonderful review. We are so grateful for our customers, especially since we are still a growing company!

May. 14th, 2018

Dale and Joyce Wickard

We have tried for over 3 months with no assist to work with our electric co to get the proper meter. NO HELP...paying sunrun and have lost all our solar power because they did not handle the coordination of getting the proper meter from our electric company(met-ed). I have no recourse but to contact the PA attorney general for assistance. They wont help!! They apparently don't know how a simple installation goes. It's a shame! My disability is exasperated by stress. I would NEVER recommend sunrun!!!

Reply from Sunrun

This is not the Sunrun norm, and we would love an opportunity to review what went wrong here. Please private message us your contact information and we can have a Specialist follow up with you.

May. 11th, 2018

Gail H. Johnson

SunRun takes care of customers in the old fashion way by being available and ready to take care of situations in a timely manner.

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for sharing, Gail H.! We love hearing stories like yours! After all, providing a one-of-a-kind customer experience that fits-in with your expectations is what we strive for. So thrilled you're a part of our grand mission in creating a planet run by the sun! Power Forward! #savewiththesun

May. 4th, 2018

Marlene

It took over 7 months for this whole process to work. Can understand the first couple of months, but panels were on the roof Nov. 6, 2017 and ecetrical box was upgraded 12/20/17 and I never got up and running until 4/6/18, consequently and additional an additonal $627.37 was charged tome form APS druing this time

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Marlene, thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to cut down our installation process time. We can understand this can cause frustration and we apologize for any inconvenience, thank for sharing your feedback. So thrilled you're now a new member of our Sunrun family!

Apr. 17th, 2018

Bucky & Connie Caldwell

Great results and friendly customer care! They took the necessary time to sit down and explain everything to us step by step.

Reply from Sunrun

Thankful for the wonderful words! Setting the standard in outstanding service is something we (seriously) obsess over!

Apr. 12th, 2018

Tom

So far my bill has gone down approx. $20 per month. Service (explanation, installation, billing, etc.) thru SunRun was efficient and painless.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for taking the time to share! Our aim is to provide the best customer experience. That means, being your guide to everything solar when you first meet with us.

Apr. 12th, 2018

R

Overall good experience and production. Work was done by Sunrun staff in sunrun vehicles. Production of the panels has brought my electricity down as agreed.

Reply from Sunrun

It's great to hear your experience has been great! One of our Sunrun values is to be customer-obsessed, and to hear our representatives have taken care of your issues is amazing! Thank you for helping create a planet run by the sun.

Apr. 11th, 2018

vegasbill

They stay in touch periodically throughout the year. When there has been a problem they have acted fairly promptly to get it solved.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for the feedback! We love reading your review, and thank you for helping create a planet run by the sun.

Apr. 11th, 2018

Michael Battistoni Bakersfield, CA

They were available through Costco. My conversation with their representative was great and, since it all seemed very reasonable, I decided to sign up for the service.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Michael B! We know service issues can be aggravating, and we are thrilled this was handled in a satisfactory manner.

Peter Pundys

My son actually recommended it to us, that's why we got the panels. They have been a good company so far, very responsive.

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for your advocacy, Peter P! From start to finish, providing the best customer experience is our aim! It's why trusted retailers stand behind our brand! As well, having local branches in most every state we operate ensures speedy and efficient installations for your project. So happy you're a part of our Sunrun family! Thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun! Power Forward! #savewiththesun

Esmeralda Becerra Coalinga, CA

The representative that we talked to really listened to us and understood what we needed. I also liked that they were located in our own city.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback! We love hearing from our customers, it is very important for us as a growing company. Make sure if you are referring your friends and family you take advantage of our referral program by visiting Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Gabriela Peschiera Anderson, SC

They were referred to us by a friend. The rep that we talked to was very good and in the end we signed up because it was all easy to install and maintain.

Reply from Sunrun

Providing the best customer experience is key because our mission is to create a planet run by the sun. Thanks for sharing your story! So happy you took that first step to learn more about solar energy's advantages. We are thrilled to welcome you to the Sunrun Family! Power Forward!

Robert Bolt Taylors, SC

I had solar panels and I needed an issue to be taken care of. I went with them because I get any upfront calls and things were easy to explain.

Reply from Sunrun

We are so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with our customer care team. Our goal, as a company is to be customer obsessed. We are so excited to welcome you to the Sunrun family.

Andrew.p. maguire

Installation team was professional and did not intrude.

Reply from Sunrun

Andrew, your review brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible, and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience, while helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Mar. 18th, 2024

Sanjeev Satheesh San Jose, CA

Quick response, responsible subcontractors.

Reply from Sunrun

Your review brightened our day, Sanjeev! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, and we're so happy you chose us as your solar provider. Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Mar. 6th, 2024

Jeanmarie

Nothing but good service and swift answers to questions.

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for your review, Jeanmarie! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! We're sure that you have enough decisions to think about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Jan. 3rd, 2024

Mark Bravo

I had true up that was corrected with 12 panels and the LG back up battery!! The experience with my consultant was amazing and installation was flawlessly. I highly recommend going solar with SUNRUN and don’t mess with the small contractors.

Reply from Sunrun

We're thrilled you had a good experience, Mark! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for playing such an important role in our solar community and for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Feb. 10th, 2023

Robert Natale Ventura, CA

From the time I visited with a salesperson then he and his supervisor giving me the information I needed to make a good decision. Then the installation and the follow-up has been first class. And the results have been my first Southern California Edison bill since the installation was minimal.

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for your review, Robert! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Jun. 7th, 2022

Larry FLORKE

SUNRUN SOLAR. Installation on my roof within a day, per specifications. Safety on the roof a first priority. Creating electricity through the panels, no pollution to mother nature. The best benefit, no payment to the power company, the panels deliver more power than I use. LF

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for your review, Larry! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! You have enough decisions to worry about, and it's our goal to make going solar an easy choice. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

May. 23rd, 2022

Paul De-Sosoo Framingham, MA

I had an amazing experience with sun run and Ronnie D. He always answers my calls anytime I have questions and I’ve been saving so much money over the years. I definitely highly recommend this company and Ron if you guys are looking for a solar professional

Reply from Sunrun

We're so delighted to hear that you're saving money with solar, Paul. We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of clean energy for years to come. Thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Apr. 20th, 2022

Marginking Wethersfield, CT

I met with several companies and decided to work with Chris W from SunRun. We live in Western Mass and electric rates are very high. Chris was very knowledgeable and showed us history of rates and was very knowledgeable and professional. Did not feel like a sales meeting.

Reply from Sunrun

You brightened our day! Our goal is to provide you with the best solar service possible, and we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us as you do your part to keep the earth clean.

Mar. 4th, 2022

robert Johnson West Sacramento, CA

Sunrun is the WORST SOLAR Company in California, horrible customer service/support. Can't get a straight answer to any of your questions just get transferred to another department. My roof started leaking under my solar panels and it was determined by SUNRUN'S install team and a roofing contractor I hired that the leak was due to a poor solar panel install. Sunrun refused to pay for my roofing damages, PLUS wants to charge me $2500 to remove the panels so the repairs can be made. In addition, SUNRUN wants to charge me another $2500 to have the panels reinstalled after my roof is fixed. HEED MY WARNING DON'T USE THIS SOLAR COMPANY WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Robert. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message so that we can gather more information and look into this. Thank you.

Feb. 11th, 2022

Luis Valcarcel Ruskin, FL

My experience with this company has been very good, thanks to Nadieshka M for always keeping me informed of what happens , great communication with her at all times, thank you Nadieshk M for all your help on this process. Luis y Mara.

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for your review, Luis! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable, and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part by helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Feb. 3rd, 2022

Msouto601 Centerville, MA

I got solar 3 years ago from Thiago B at Sunrun. The solar has been working great the whole time. My electric is a lot cheaper. Since then my next door neighbors have been installed, by Thiago as well. I want to give Thiago a great review, he is always available to answer any questions and any help I need. Great job Thiago!!

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your kind words about Thiago. Every employee at Sunrun shares one common goal, creating a planet run by the sun!

Aug. 17th, 2021

[email protected] Stockton, CA

We did considerable research prior to purchasing. Sunrun was far and above the competition. For our situation purchasing was the best option. Going through the link on Costco was an added benefit. Sunrun did everything they said they would when they said they would do it. Totally satisfied with this first class company and John our contact person.

Reply from Sunrun

We are happy to see you are happy with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Jun. 29th, 2021

Brent Stafford, VA

Sunrun/Vivint Solar Customer service is top notch. I got multiple quotes and all in line but the quality of the panels are better. They don't try to stick you with a low quality system to maximize thier profits. Hugo vs BMW. Great communications and follow thru.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your kind words! Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Mar. 31st, 2021

Diana P.

Customer Review Video

Khanh B. Mount Joy, PA

First impression is always important. I had a pleasure to interact with Amauris R, the company representative. He was very professional, NOT pushy, explained things very well and clear, answered all of my questions. He made sure you made an informed decision before signing the contract. Very impressed!

Troy D Christensen Henderson, NV

Rick C is an exceptional representative of Sunrun. Very knowledgeable, friendly, courteous, and helpful. He knows his numbers and provides the confidence you need to make good decisions. I will recommend him and Sunrun to all my friends.

Greg Millard

We installed a 600kwh system - for the past two years it has amazingly produced an average of 615 kwh/mo so we have had NO Electric Bills and for each trueup we have received just over $100 - purrfect. We are happy with all aspects of the project including the system purchase through Costco.

R

The representative was very good at explaining everything and answering questions. He seemed very honest and did not do a "high pressure" sales pitch -- which I completely appreciated. I would highly recommend this company if you are shopping for solar.

Eric North Las Vegas, NV

We are still in the process, but so far, everything is going well. The process is moving along and the guys who are assigned to our account are updating us on a regular basis. There have been no surprises or hidden costs ... yet. Ask me again when it's all done.

Ethan Irving, TX

If you are looking for a great solar company, look no further than SunRun. Our energy consultant was informative and really helped us to understand the benefits of clean solar energy. We have had a very positive experience throughout the entire project and would be willing to recommend them to our friends and family to about SunRUN

Reply from Sunrun

WOW, what a great review to read Ethan we love to see that your process was a great experience. Knowledge is power, and we are happy to see that your sales representative educated you accordingly. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family!

Apr. 23rd, 2019

Thomas

Customer service is superb. Their panels square measure terribly effective in reducing value of energy.The panels square measure operating well thus far and their client service is extremely sensible.we have been paying monthly except the primary month since our panels were put in.

Reply from Sunrun

Thomas thank you for this great review. We love to see that you see the value of solar energy as well as see our great Customer Service! Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Apr. 23rd, 2019

Jessica Burns Belmar, NJ

We have had solar panels with Sun Run since 2011. We never had once issue. Sun Run once ran a contest for how else you are green. I sent them a picture of my organic gardens and won a free Nest thermostat. Any excess we pay to electric, they reimburse.

Reply from Sunrun

We aim to be the only choice when going solar by providing a one-of-a-kind and hassle-free customer experience! We make sure that our customers are taken care of during the full life of the agreement. You are helping create a planet run by the sun and we are extremely thankful! Power Forward!

Apr. 18th, 2019

Bill in Dallas Carrollton, TX

Was very impressed with the company contacts. It took several months before my 38 panels were installed, but the quality of the panels made it worthwhile. My contractor worked steadily during the coldest weather of this winter. I am looking forward to having the city inspector check everything over so that I can turn it on.

Apr. 15th, 2019

Mike Bordenave Pleasanton, CA

I am in the process of having SunRun install solar panels on our house. I purchased a 6KW system (not a lease or a Power Purchase Agreement) so I will update this review as the installing progresses. Two issues I am dealing with is that I asked for the inverter and switch to be located inside the garage rather than have that eye sore on the outside of the house. Their plans call for five large electrical panels along the wall in the garage. The second issue I need resolved is the inverter size, they specified a 5KW inverter for a 6.1KW system. Update 01/30/19 The inverter has been changed to a more efficient and properly sized inverter. It was a little more money, but that was due a change I requested. This also resolved the issue with excessive panels being mounted on the house (no additional power monitor meter). I’ll post an update once the installation is complete. So far so good.... Stay tuned...

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Mike, thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your installation expectations. We are so sorry to hear that things are not going smoothly. We have contacted Jeff your Project Coordinator, so he can address your concerns. We will work hard to turn this experience around for you!

Jan. 31st, 2019

Pete Magnolia, NJ

The company that installed my panels is top notch (Castle Energy). If it wasn’t for JR Castle I would have been lost. The system was installed a little over a year ago and so far has done everything I was promised. Now here is where the problem comes in I never had a problem with birds on my roof until these solar panels were installed. When I called SunRun their customer service department told me it was my problem and they could sell me a critter guard for somewhere between $800.00 and $1800.00 dollars. I ask them why it wasn’t offered when they installed the panels and also why should I have to pay for it since I never had a problem until they installed the panels. I ask to speak with a supervisor and was told someone would contact me within two days, that was over a week ago. The customer service is so poor and it is so hard to understand why such a good company has such poor customer service. In my opinion a company can only be as good as it supports the product they sell. I gave customer service one star but they changed it to three.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Pete. Thank you for your response. We could not have known you would experience this wildlife issue as it’s unpredictable and only a very small portion of our customers experience wildlife issues. Our monitoring system will alert us if your system experiences issues. If your system does experience issues, we will investigate the root cause including whether animals caused damage. If animals caused damage, we’ll make the necessary repairs to get your system back up and running at its full potential. While Sunun takes care of system insurance, maintenance and production, Sunrun’s warranty does not cover wildlife you’re interested, we can recommend a local partner of ours in your area who offers a service to install a critter guard around the perimeter of the array to prevent animals from getting under the panels.

Jan. 25th, 2019

Victor O Fresno, CA

Company itself is good. The install team was great however the sales rep Jed S doesn’t reply to calls after the sale has been made. I was promised by him critter guards but they were never installed. Tried to contact him several times regarding this, a couple times he said that he will let sunrun know about it but they never did anything. Then he just stopped answering messages and calls. Same goes for one of the office girls she asked me to send her pictures of the critter problem then stoped responding. All I received was a third party company estimate for installing the critter guards. Update: so Sunrun sent a message asking for my information to contact me regarding my concerns but have failed to contact me so I guess i will be dropping another star from my review

Reply from Sunrun

We certainly hate to hear this Victor. We want to help with your situation and initiate our goal of providing a positive customer experience. We have shared your experience with our leadership team. Please feel free to message us your contact information and we can look into your critter guard concerns.

Jan. 3rd, 2019

Rose Las Vegas, NV

I’ve been solar for about 6 months and I love it! I wish I had done it sooner. Lorenzo from Las Vegas signed me up and he was super helpful every step of the way. I recommend Sunrun if you’re trying to go solar. 5 STARS!!!

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Rose! Thank you so much for leaving this review. We enjoy reading about your experience. There are areas of opportunity, for example, the time it can take to install the panels we appreciate the feedback. We're also delighted to hear the sales representative made your experience that much better. Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Dec. 13th, 2018

Virginia Curcio Plymouth, MA

Its early in the process for me. Just finished up w/the sales rep and scheduled the 1st inspection. Couple of things: 1) the sales pitch was way too long. It took almost 5 hours: one whole afternoon. The sales rep did not let me read the contract, although he did seem to highlight the salient point. The inspection appointment was scheduled; but I lost track of the appointment time. I emailed the rep to confirm the appointment but he never got back to me. As a result I missed the inspection appointment. Subsequently I did get a call from Customer Service rescheduling the appointment. Not a very auspicious start. Hopefully the rest will go smoothly.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Virginia C. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your communication and see that there were some areas of opportunity. This is not the Sunrun norm, we will work hard to make sure going forward you are taken care of and your concerns are addressed in a timely manner. Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Dec. 6th, 2018

John B Hedgepeth San Luis Obispo, CA

I purchased a 3kW system from REC Solar, who had partnered with Sunrun before Sunrun purchased their residential solar part of company in 2014. The details appear on Sunrun's website: "Sunrun and Mainstream Energy Corp. today announced that Sunrun has acquired the residential division of REC Solar, AEE Solar and SnapNrack. The companies represent Mainstream Energy's residential solar sales, design and installation; wholesale distribution; and mounting systems and hardware businesses, respectively. In the commercial market, REC Solar will continue as an independent organization under the legal name REC Solar Commercial Corp. The value of the transaction was not disclosed." Shortly afterward my Fronius inverter failed. First it took me awhile to figure out that REC Solar was not the company I needed to deal with. Once I discovered that I needed to deal with Sunrun, it became a nightmare to find out how to contact them. Bizarrely I discovered that they had an office about 8 miles away from my house. Then they refused to honor the warranty until I produced a copy of my contract. Afterwards they replaced the inverter in a reasonable time period. This was the second replacement in ten years, the limit of REC Solar's warranty. So despite Sunrun's more beneficial warranty, I am stuck with replacing the inverter should it fail again. Overall, I was disappointed that Sunrun had very little documentation about REC Solar's customers, especially me. I think they drug their feet without adequate information. They offered me no additional services or perks like internet supervision or extended warranties. However they did honor their commitment after my showing them the original contract. Minus two stars!!!!

Reply from Sunrun

Hello John B. Thank you for your feedback. We understand your situation with Sunrun was different, and we appreciate your willingness to work with us through the process. Working to assist and address our customer's needs is what we strive. Feel free to reach out to us if have any questions or concerns.

Nov. 7th, 2018

Sarah Albuquerque, NM

I had a very quick and mostly smooth process! Richard P is the BEST sales guy you have. He was in training when they were at my house but he answered more of my questions that the sales rep. Richard P is very kind and courteous, knowledgeable and prompt. Once all the paperwork was complete the installation went faster than expected! So far I have been very happy.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Sara, We love hearing stories like yours! Our team strives to provide the best customer experience. We are so excited you're a new part of our Sunrun family. We love to hear that the sales rep guided you through the process seamlessly.

Oct. 25th, 2018

Frene Ignacio Glendale, AZ

1. My first call to inquire about Sunrun was to COSTCO where I picked up a brochure . My husband and I were talking solar system for our house because electric is getting higher every year from SRP. Costco said that Sunrun is only for COSTCO members. We were not , we are using our employers company Costco card. So I google for the 5 best solar company in AZ. I found Sunrun as No. 1 in the list. So I called, the lady that answered the phone asked some information about our location and the electric company. She told me that Sunrun does not deal with SRP because SRP are difficult to work with. Okay and thanked her for the info.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Frene I.We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication and service surrounding this matter. Please rest assure this is-not how we do business and we'll work to turn this experience around.

Oct. 2nd, 2018

George Tausiani Sun City, AZ

Not sure yet...salesman said we could lower the temp. on our thermostat as we will not be on the APS Grid anymore.....so we lowered it a couple of degrees and now have a bill with APS for $126 and $135 with Sunrun....which is more than I paid last year at this time...I’ll give it a few months and if it continues, I’ll have to see an attorney.....don’t believe the sales person as he’s trying to make a living...also, the installation was shabby...had to call them out a few times to make adjustments. Saw that some flashing was coming up and reported it again.....no action yet and it’s been about 3 weeks...

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your feedback, George T. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! This begins with our unwavering dedication to delivering customer service that meets your needs. I see your system is set up to generate 13,488 kWh the first year. Your pre solar usage is 12,996 kWh. We're set up to cover 104% of your utility bill. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Aug. 13th, 2018

Gemma Boiser-Sy San Dimas, CA

We couldn't be more pleased with our sales representative Roger D. He is extremely knowledgeable and is very accessible, and is very pleasant. He was constantly giving us updates on the progress of the application process.

Reply from Sunrun

We love hearing stories like yours! After all, providing a one-of-a-kind customer experience that fits in with your expectations is what we strive for. So thrilled you're a part of our grand mission in creating a planet run by the sun! Power Forward!

Jul. 20th, 2018