Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Donald Graff Dundalk, MD

I pay my bill every month on time. But for the last four months. I pay and two days later I get a message the bill is past due. I call the bank they say the bill was not paid. You give them the ref number the app gives. They say that the ref number does not match record. Which is b.s. synchrony bank is another B.s. bank do illegal crap. Stay away.

Denys finch-hatton Los Angeles, CA

The first time I spoke with a person within the United State was today. They are the most horrible credit card company that I have ever had a card with. I am trying to drop a dispute on a charge that amazon p[laced illegally on this card. STAY AWAY FROM THEM! THEY ARE PREDATORS AND HAVE NEOPHYTES AND RUDE UNEDUCATED REPRESENTATIVES.

Courtney Burton Columbus, IN

I have NEVER missed a credit card payment, and they lowered the limit on three of my credit cards. Therefore affecting my credit score with lower spending limits. They claimed it was due to higher balances on my cards. Excuse the us all for Covid messing with our financial situations. Would never recommend them to anyone.

Brandye Rhoades Amarillo, TX

The worst company if you mail a money order to pay your payments they will hold it for 7 to 10 days before processing and you will receive a $39.99 late fee the worst Financing I will always be checking to see if any future financing will be done through them so I know not to do it

Austin Gust West Valley City, UT

Worst experience I have ever dealt with. They don't honor payment arrangements. They don't alert you when a dispute is up and your payments resume. They don't take notes of your calls and can't warm transfer so you get ping ponged around with zero help.

Wendy Eardley Merrimack, NH

This is the worst bank ever to use I paid off my balance paid in full and they did not give me credit for it who would think a bank could do that. Paid in full with a check and they seem to say I owe 1 months robbery dishonest Hustler's do not use this bank

Camellia Cox Henrico, VA

Synchrony closed my acct while I'm still paying for my merchandise and in good standing. Closing my acct lowers my credit score. Stay away from them, then will hurt your credit score even when your paying your payments on time

Matt Owens West Jordan, UT

Lowered credit line for no apparent reason. This was done less than two months after opening the account and for no justifiable reason. My credit is great, all accounts are current and no late payments ever... This is a very horrible and shady company that no one with options should ever do business with

Go Virtual Pro Cypress, TX

Tried to remove a hard inquiry from my credit and the worse automated phone system. Then I connect with the first individual, she "accidentally hangs up" the second one listens but brushes me off. Then when she says she will forward it up to her supervisor just continues on without listening to me and hangs up again! what gives?!?!

Raymond Anselmo Wake Forest, NC

Their credit card account stinks. Had 4 different cards with different companies with synchrony bank and always paid on time or ahead of time and not once late. They cancels 2 cards and reduced a third card to 250.00 credit. This company is the pits! Don't bother with them as they will make your credit score drop when they cancel their cards.

Brandon Masters Lincoln, CA

Beware! They will gradually decrease credit limits and then out of nowhere close accounts. My score suffered over 100 point ding. I’ve NEVER made a late payment. I’ve always doubled up on payments and out of nowhere, 3/4 lines were decreased and 1 closed.

2 years ago Edited October 26, 2021

Zoya Conover Atlanta, GA

I had a dispute about incorrect crediting of money to my account. After two months of endless phone calls, messages, faxes, I still cannot get an answer from the person in charge. Absolutely unprofessional people work in this bank.It is a mess!I will not wish anyone deal with the bank!

Matt Cline Miamisburg, OH

closed all my credit card accounts 783 credit score, never missed a payment and had $ 1755 in rewards that I have been saving for a while. oldest card was since 2013. After closing my accounts the rewards are no longer there. buyer beware.

John Smith Big Rapids, MI

I signed up for paperless statements and have excellent credit and was never notified by email of payment that was due after signing up for paperless statements. The balance due was $21 and they billed me for a $24 late fee. I cancelled my account. Very sleazy company. Do not recommend them.

Tyler Pew

Wow! Bad customer service, worse online experience. I got dinged on my credit because I could not get the account set up and the payment was late. Then the customer service told be to call a different number which was disconnected after 1.5 hrs on the phone. Do not use this bank and or Care Credit!

John Roberts Charleston, WV

i had them thru amazon i closed my account which is paid in full. they still took 44 dollars out of my debit card and i may not pay my phone bill now. if not im hoping to go thru small claims court to make syn pay my phone bill and get it back in good standings. im on disability so every dollar counts.

NReneeW Woodbridge, VA

Call center reps only line of communication and no way to communicate with “corporate.” Tried for months to resolve issues with a refund owed to me for an account that was paid in full through all modes (phone, fax and email). Would not recommend this bank for any sort of financing.

James King Garden City, MI

A very very very bad company I don't recommend anyone deal with these gangsters, crooks how they do people how is you pay your 💳 on time pay it completely off then get lowered what's the point in having the card if you can barely use it makes no sense at all.

Eric shane Panama City, FL

They will give it to anyone but then as soon as you have an emergency and get uoto 80 percent, like I did. they cut my limit down so my balance was over my max, killed my 700 scores. Never do business with them. Now, even after I have a zero balance they wont raise my limit. No problem, you get my business. Jacks.

Katrina Cook Springfield, MO

Absolutely horrid website. It's practically impossible to make a payment online. My passwords never work even though I save them in my notes EVERY SINGLE TIME I have ever had to change them... which is everytime... because the site will never recognize them. Thanks for wasting gobs of my time Synchrony!!!!!!!!!!

Katherine Malone Cincinnati, OH

The customer service at synchrony bank through Sam's Club is awful and there's no excuse for this. I've worked in customer service in companies before and would've never done a customer this way . Putting me on hold and transferring me. I went on for 55 fifty five minutes and problem not resolved.

AngryApplicant Gulfport, MS

Bank ran credit when they were unable to verify identification. Credit took a hit AND they rejected the application because they were unable to verify identity. I am currently discussing the situation with them and looking for others that have had this happen. I am looking to possibly file a class action lawsuit.

Robert M. Knight Cleveland, TN

Horrible Customer service , Denied prepaid card agreed to for getting card , through DISCOUNT TIRE False late fees.. Statements mailed late to cause late fees.. I had to close the account to avoid more late fees. I will join anyone who wants to file a class action suit against these THIEVES

Rohinton Bhandari Sunnyvale, CA

Even though I paid a huge chunk over and above the monthly payment (say for the next 12 months) they still charge me a late fee claiming that I need to pay them every month and that my lump sum payments only amounted to reduction of principal.

Unhappy Cardholder New Braunfels, TX

After making a payment, my account was placed on hold for 12 days. The reason? Because I paid before my due date!!! Really!!! My payment is due on the 7th of each month and I paid on the 23rd and for that I’m penalized. This bank has some crazy rules. They get mad because you pay early. What a JOKE!!!

JP Cypress, CA

I applied for a credit card to buy roof materials from Lowes. They gave me $4000 without any verification but refused to increase to $8000. Chase gave me $20K and 65000 miles that is free 5 one way tickets on United. Synchrony may reconsider the efficiency of their credit verification division. It is poor.

Fred Johnson Port Royal, SC

This bank has some of the highest rates I ever saw in Amazon. I will use my other credit card for purchases from Amazon and will never use this bank again. Piss poor customer relations. Unclear billing practices.

Natasha Salt Lake City, UT

I have a loan through them. The interest rates are pretty good. I haven't had any problems with them. The customer service is good.

Ismael Reyes

The worst bank ever ever trying to make a faster payment and all they tell you is just excuses in other word messing up my credit for their pleasure

Gary Coslow Venetia, PA

Don't know what they're doing received a letter canceling my loan after I'd already paid off the loan with zero interest

Jax W

Don’t just don’t. Pure trash and lies. They charge late fees even when you pay on time. $600 later and I still owe the same amount 10 months later.

Shem Brown White Plains, NY

By this bank is the worst charging me a interest rate of $40 for late fee from credit card of 1400 people need to boycott this stupid bank not business oriented unprofessional

Tom Plunkett Longmont, CO

Terrible company. They advertise one thing but then don't follow through. I am disgusted by their lack of customer service. Crate & Barrel should drop them as a financing partner.

Michael DeMarco

They are the worst all the credit cards I had that synchrony bank owned were closed by synchrony Bank and ruined my credit. Thanks synchrony bank Don't apply to any credit cards which synchrony bank has.

Lisa Eipp Syracuse, NY

I have NEVER experienced such incompetence in my life! Deceased husband - years they have owed me overpayment money - can not get through to customer services. Sick of paying for attorney to call... unbelievable

Rhonda Geanes Oklahoma City, OK

This company cost me a hard pull!! They preappoved me then going through the verification process I was told I was t approved? This is misleading and caused a hit to my report. Their practice is terrible!

Mama Tried Granby, CT

This business sucks. DO NOT use them. I get the run around and on hold for minutes to hours, getting transferred and the run around, just to drop my call again and again. Cutting up my card.

C Melbourne, FL

They randomly closed my account that was in good standing. Wouldn’t tell me over the phone, said I would receive a letter in the mail with a reason why… almost a month no letter.

Glenn Kann Salem, WI

Every card I have them them they reduce the credit limit and hurt my credit score I am done with them canceling every card Discount tire, Amazon, Google and Husqvarna, not ever again

GEO Peoria, AZ

Avoid Synchrony at all costs! I'm waiting for a credit and I'm told this could take 90 days to complete - which I read the reviews before agreeing to a 0% interest loan for a Mattress from Mattress Firm which I returned.

Really Fast St. Petersburg, FL

Worst customer service on the planet, like calling your cable company. They don't tell you it will take two weeks to get your money when your cd matures. A sleazy way to get you to renew. A sleazy company. Not the good guys.

Namor sumac Canoga Park, CA

The new "account manager sneak peek", is a security vulnerability . All of my accounts are vulnerable with only one illegal entry to my Amazon account.

Haygar Horrible Weaverville, NC

Changing a phone number in PayPal credit is impossible, thanks to synchrony bank. The customer service is inept and offshore based. They screwed up with Amazon and now they are screwing up with PayPal credit.

Triet Nguyen Los Angeles, CA

They stole my money (reward balance) after closing my account. I have made all payments on time. When contacted, the only thing they can say is sorry. A lot of people being scammed like me.

Magan Santos Houston, TX

I have been fighting with these idiots since OCTOBER over a refund for a rug I returned. I have all of my documents and they still have not given me the refund. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!

Eric Hamilton Cumming, GA

This captain of branded cards dinged my credit rating by lowering all of my balances even though none of my cards were above 30% utilization and most were actually paid off. This company may be run by the devil himself.

Meuric Elkins Park, PA

The Worst website I've ever seen. The Worst Hold Music I've ever heard. The Worst Customer Service I've ever had. The Worst App I've ever used. The Worst decision I've ever made was getting this GOD AWFUL card.

George Pittsburgh, PA

They lower your credit line whenever they want. Their customer service representatives are rude. When I am done paying this loan I will close the account, and never do business with them in the future.

Billy Mcclure San Antonio, TX

Set up automatically pay and they took all the payments out all at once call and said that they would fix it and I was to get a check in 7 to day day still waiting for the check I have call and still get the same answer m

Albert Detloff Tampa, FL

Made all of my payments on time; nevertheless, they changed my due date and charged fraudulent late fees to my account. I would give them a zero rating they are crooks and liars!