Milgard

7.7

Bill Pierce Fresno, CA

Early in 2018 I began the process of having 3 window panes replaced under warranty that had the interior film discoloring. The Milgard website is very informative, so I filled out the service request form online and a about 2 months later a visit was scheduled...only not to replace the windows, but to inspect them. (My neighbors had their's replaced in a single visit!) Two months after that 2 were replaced, but the 3rd one was not because the glass was the wrong size. I then found 2 more windows with discoloring and scheduled those for replacement. Another 10 weeks later, they were finally replaced. The service tech, Pilar, was great. The corporate service department was not. While friendly, their communication was never consistent. An email or text message would give me one time, a phone call would give me a different time. This was very frustrating. After this happened 3 times, sorry is not enough. While I like the product & warranty, trying to schedule a service was not a pleasant experience.

Frank Miller Moorpark, CA

Had Milgard windows installed during a remodel 8 years ago, and one of the casement crank windows was starting to be a little difficult to close. Called Milgard; they made an appointment and they came out and made an adjustment to correct the closing problem. Excellent service Thanks

Daniel Hall Seattle, WA

We have had 3 windows with Low E coating in which the coating started to come off. If each case, I simply called Milgard Customer Service, provided the window serial numbers, and the windows were replaced under warranty with no questions asked. I am very please with such wonderful customer service.

Barbara Gorsuch Fremont, CA

The gentleman who serviced my window was absolutely great. He fixed it immediately and was extremely professional, very considerate and expressed all the quality features I would expect from a Millard employee. And I love my Millard windows. I believe they are the best windows manufactured.

Diane Hughes Oakland, CA

The Lifetime Guarantee is for real. A Milgard slider that was installed 18 years ago developed a vapor leak and was just replaced. It took a while to get it scheduled, but service was first class. They take apart frame and put in new glass

Glenn Canby, OR

Steve was awesome, as well as all the others that have come to take care of a situation. Steve was on time and fixed the issue. We had Milguard in our last house, and I will have the same in our new home, as soon as we remodel.

John Upland, CA

Arrived on schedule and resolved problem quickly. Always a pleasure working with your techs. Only complaint is how long it takes to get an appt......weeks and weeks to have a repair made and it was a hassle going that long without a door that would unlock.

Gretchen McCarthy Seattle, WA

When our renter moved out after three years we found three windows had failed had mold growing between the panes. In mid April we called for replacements and were told the first appointment available was June 5th. A few days later we added a fourth window to the order. On June 5th the installer only had the last window we added. The first three had been cancelled. The next appointment was July 18th and the installer called and said the windows he had were the wrong kind of glass and he would order the right ones. The next appointment was July 31st and Chuck installed two of the three windows. One was the wrong size. He said he would put a rush on it since this had been going on since April. He came again on August 8th and we now have all the windows done. It only took three and a half months and four tries to accomplish replacing four windows. The windows are good quality and we are glad they were under warranty, but the three and a half months has been irritating.

Reply from Milgard

Hi Gretchen - I'm so sorry to hear about the delay in your warranty service. We are always looking for ways to make improvements and I will provide this feedback to our service team. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this.

Aug. 10th, 2018

Barbara Griffis Ridgefield, WA

We bought our home 15 years ago and one of our windows in the master bedroom . Since the wondows are guaranteed we emailed and sent a photo with measurements. They set an appt and brought out a new replacement window. It was installed in about half an hour and looks great again. Very pleased with their service!!

Gary Smith San Jose, CA

Initiated a query about a broken screen door latch. A new latch was delivered but it was the wrong latch. Probably didn't have enough specific details. Nice effort in the attempt to replace the broken connector. Definitely A for effort.

Louis Boyd Fallbrook, CA

We originally installed our Milgard windows in 2005. We have had 2 minor issues with the windows and both times Milgard has sent technicians out to correct the issues. I would always shop Milgard first and would have a hard time buying any other brand after our great experience with Milgard.

Mary Rigert Beaverton, OR

The fellows were prepared with ALL the tools necessary to complete the job.....no more...."gotta come back with a longer ladder!" Careful with 'booties' and professionalism! Thank you Milgard! We shall see how the 'winter' weather and the new window work with each other!

Alan Schaevitz San Rafael, CA

All our windows and sliding doors are Milgard. I wouldn't consider any other manufacturer. Their replacement guarantee is top notch and they are extremely reliable and dependable. Their installers are among the most friendly and courteous in the business and their customer support is excellent.

Ursula Beaverton, OR

Buying good windows like Milgard in the first place pays off. Should any of them go bad over the years and you still own and live in the home, you order a replacement from Milgard that still has your sizes on file. Within a couple of weeks they will install your window for free and take the old one. Any better service you know of?

Nancy Terrell Avila Beach, CA

I was impressed at the way they track their windows for warranty purposes. They were able to find out exactly where I purchased mine, from many years ago. What kept it from being 5 stars is that it would have been almost two months to get one of their reps to come see the broken window. That isn't exactly a great warranty. Their only other solution was to send me the parts and have me fix it myself. Fingers crossed that I can do it.

Allen Roseville, CA

Technician (Tom) was on time, very courteous, appeared totally in control of job, and cleaned up after work was complete. Very impressed. This is second time in 18 years that I have called for a window issue and both times I have been absolutely impressed. Thanks

Sarah Weston Siering Huntington Beach, CA

Great windows and superb customer service. My window cleaner recently noticed an issue with some windows, so I called Customer Service and was told that the windows would be replaced free of charge. The windows were replaced yesterday, by a very friendly and professional installer. I couldn't be more impressed. Thanks to you all.

Ray G Suehrstedt Brighton, CO

Great customer service. The repair person was very knowledgeable and installed new rollers on one door, then adjusted the latch and lubricated the rail on both of our patio doors. This was done as a lifetime guarantee with Milgard windows. We will always refer our neighbors to use Milgard to maintain their products. Job well done!

Anita Morgan San Jose, CA

Today two service technicians strived to deliver and install two patio panels that had to be reordered because the first ones were warped. You could tell, one was the senior technician and the other was training under him. The senior displayed professional training and the trainy showed a eagerness to learn. This was so nice to see in this day and age. Your program seems to be of quality, if these two employees are representative of it. Hats off Milgard.

Jeff Marion, IA

Milgard does a great job of standing behind their product with their warranty. I have had several windows the low-e seals have been compromised and they replace the glass under warranty. I can't speak enough about how a company that says they warranty, actually stands behind that warranty and takes care of it. kudos!

Gwen La Cygne, KS

We have had our Milgard Window's for about 10 years now and have been very pleased with them. We had a small problem with the glass in a door and Milgard replaced it free of charge. Milgard took care of the problem without any hassle and was easy to deal with.

Eileen Seminsky Poway, CA

In the past 10 years I have had two minor issues with 2 windows and Milgard couldn’t have been more responsive to take care of them. The customer service is excellent and the serviceman very professional. I am so glad I chose Milgard sor all my windows.

Jill Paderes Renton, WA

From the first time I called Milgard to replace 2 failing windows, customer service has been excellent. Some companies, even though they say lifetime warranty, they are hesitant to replace anything. Not Milgard. You came and replaced my windows, no problem! Thanks alot the the great service!

Richard Orellano Murrieta, CA

I CALLED MILGARD REGARDING A SLIDING GLASS DOOR HANDLE THAT HAD BROKEN. MILGARD LOOKED UP MY ORDER FOR MY HOUSE FROM 2003, FOUND IT AND SENT ME OUT A NEW HANDLE, I INSTALLED IT WITH NO PROBLEM AND I'M HANDICAPPED. THANK YOU MILGARD FOR STANDING BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT.

Christene Bernhardt Lincoln, CA

excellent service. The process was fast, efficient and friendly. Everything was accomplished in a tidy manner and the windows thoroughly cleaned and polished before he left. Setting up the appointment was quick and easy I can't think of anything that could have been improved. Thanks!

Karen Kenny Bellevue, WA

We built our home 28 years ago and chose Millard for all of our windows because of their good reputation and assurance of replacements for seal breakdown. Our windows are all custom and very very large to accommodate great views. Overtime we have needed a few replacements and are accommodated quickly and professionally, with exact replicas.

Dan Lake Havasu City, AZ

the service rep was very friendly and knowledgeable. he was able to quickly resolve all the issues with my slider. the only negative is after he left i notice the miter joint in the glazing stop left a lot to be desired and the secondary locking mechanism was out of wack. things that only i will probably noticed but will bug me. just glad to have the doors operating in the manner they should.

Steven Whitney San Francisco, CA

The glass in one sash of a window of mine had failed and so condensation was getting inside the two layers of glass. Milgard was responsive to my inquiry and sent out a service member to measure the glass. The glass was replaced today.

Mr and Mrs John J Matusek Peoria, AZ

The service call went very well today. The service crew arrived a little before the appointed time. They got to work right away and had the new window installed in a very short period of time. The workers were neat and did a very good job. We are very pleased with Milgard and would recommend them to everyone.

Robert Pakenas Queen Creek, AZ

All our past experience with Milgard has been excellent. I don't expect that it was any different yesterday. Unfortunately, we weren't there for the installation. The new owner of the house was and I haven't heard anything from him or his agent. Actually, I have never heard a negative comment about Milgard from any neighbors and we lived in Solera for 10 years. Great company.

Rick Bertalan Onalaska, WA

Milgard stands behind it's product. the screens on the large 4 panel slider were a bit tight. Problem corrected, all is good. the service techs were professional, wore shoe protectors. total image and performance of professionals. Awesome!

sharon cabral San Ramon, CA

Wait times are ridiculous, it can take a few months for the repair to be completed. Repair person was on time and professional. I really love that Milgard has a lifetime warranty...I have used them several times throughout the life of my windows.

Daisy Lee Napa, CA

Excellent customer service. There were a couple of issues with the essence patio door I purchased. When the issues were brought to their attention, a representative came out twice to fix the problems. Milgard took ownership of the problems which I appreciate. The service staff is very knowledgeable about milgard products.

Joseph A Diorio Murrieta, CA

Always a pleasure dealing with the warranty / service department. From the receptionist to service rep to the will call associate. Milgard has never been a disappointment. So glad we choose then for our beach front retirement home.

Sabra Ciccone Kennewick, WA

Milgard has a proven track record with us. This is our fifth house with Milgard products and there is never a question about warranty. As long as you own your home they will replace any window that encounters a problem. Staff is friendly, service techs are efficient, on time and always polite.

Ron Leeper San Marcos, CA

Milgard technician arrived on time and replaced the moisture failed fixed panel on my XO patio door. He did an excellent and professional job quickly and effectively. He also fine tuned both this patio door and another patio door in the master bedroom. He was very polite and professional. Thank you for honoring your warranty.

Erlette Upshaw Coos Bay, OR

We ordered our patio doors and one bedroom window in March, but did not actually get it installed until May. Once the doors were finally installed, the locks were not keyed alike as we had ordered it to be. It took a few weeks before a technician was able to come out and swap out the locks and key them alike, but left and had to come back to fix his installation error.

Donna Upland, CA

I love this company. Milgard stands behind their products. We bought our windows twenty years ago. Whenever anything has gone wrong, Milgard has replaced them. Their phone staff are friendly and helpful. The people they send out are courteous and very good at their job. I would recommend Milgard windows to anyone.

Terry Newton Peoria, AZ

We had our windows replaced under our warranty. The man who did our service was very friendly and courteous. He went right to his job and did everything very efficiently. He was very conscious about not getting any dirt in our house. The replacement went without a hitch. Great customer service!!

Patrick Moss San Diego, CA

We purchased some new windows 10 years ago. One of them fogged up. I called The service department and gave them the serial number. They quickly found my order and wrote a work order to replace the window. The technician arrived on schedule and made the repairs. I would recommend Milgard without reservation.

Larry Poway, CA

Let me explain my Star rating. If I was rateing just the Customer Service dept. I would give them a 5+. If I rated manufacturing on building warranty replacement windows I would rate that dept. a -5 star rating. I have had to have warranty service on two different occasions and both times it took manufacturing 3 & 4 times respectfully to finally make the replacements correctly? Eventually they got it right but it took this frustrated customer many times in discussing with Cust. Op's to get it done correctly. Overall, Milgard windows are awesome; the warranty is awesome; however....! If you search different websites, you will find similar observations. One would think that Senior Management would have a discussion with Manufacturing Management to address the lack of quality control? These mistakes affect both expenses and bottom line! You asked for feedback, I am honestly providing constructive feedback. Don't shoot the messenger.

Sally Pruitt La Mesa, CA

It took a long time to get someone out for the first appointment. But, the widows he put n were perfect. H did have to order an additional window and needed help with the big glass in the middle. But the windows are perfect.

Jim Neff Felton, CA

This was my 3rd service call on these doors and windows: 1. First call was to replace a bent spindle on a French Door (damaged during shipping). The service technician was competent but could not find the house. We are easy to find using any navigation app... 2. Second call was for manufacturing defects. I sent in many pictures of missing trim and weatherstripping pieces. However, the technician showed up with no parts. Waste of my time. 3 out of 3 door slabs were determined to require replacement because they did not fit the door frames properly. Poor quality manufacturing. 3. Third call was to fix issues from visit #2. 2 technicians this time, both very competent. Replacement door slabs fit perfectly, so I assume shoddy workmanship when doors were originally made. Weatherstripping installed, but still did not have trim piece for sliding window. What is apparent to me is that Milgard doesn't read the customer's problem descriptions or look at the uploaded pictures outlining missing items. Else, the technicians would bring the correct parts. This is a very inefficient process. Also, initial quality of Essence wood-clad doors and windows is poor. These are well-constructed units - Milgard misses on the details.

Reply from Milgard

Hi Jim - Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about this. Sorry to hear about the multiple service visits. Can you let me know if everything is taken care of to your satisfaction now? You can reach me at . Thank you.

Jun. 18th, 2018

Tracer-c Walnut Creek, CA

Fantastic. Came on time. Communication great. Replaced a window quickly. They have the best warranty. Amazing. The replacement matched perfectly even though they mentioned the low-e formula had changed. So I was concerned... but it looked great

Tom

I had a problem with the lumber yard were I bought the windows, after a year of trying I gave up and called Milgard directly. The Milgard service team took care of the issue during that call, Now that’s Great Service, thanks again for all your help.....

John Nephi, UT

After calling Milgard to get a Warranty replacement spring for a single hung window I was put on hold for well over 30 Minutes. After someone finally answered the phone he was very friendly and helpful, and verified which part was needed and said it would be shipped out which it was and I received the parts within five business days with no charge. Other than the extensive wait time on the phone my experience with Milgard was very good.

Mrs B Gig Harbor, WA

The service was perfect. Both technicians were personable, efficient and took care of the issues quickly and effectively. The resulting windows are great. We love the grid inserts and the fact that they slide side to side to open.

William Yuen San Jose, CA

Great and professional service. Milgard handle my warranty repair with care. I saw the staff carefully wipe each glass back and forth before installing it on my window. I could see the care milgard has for their glasses and customers.

NW Living llc Portland, OR

The guys that came out for the service were simply awesome! They were there ahead of schedule and took care of the broken/defected windows and slider door super quick and left no mess. I was amazed at how professional they were and how efficiently they worked together.

Dina Pipkin Gilroy, CA

Thank you Milgard for making it so easy to replace our broken sealed slider (at absolutely no charge!!). The two gentlemen that came to install it were so nice and went out of their way to make sure our window looked great and functioned perfectly before they left. Excellent service. Thank you!