Milgard

7.8

Patrick B Hillsboro, OR

I had milgard ultras installed. Love the windows but had a few issues. A frame was cracked, a lock was not working right, and a spring was making noise. The tech came out about a month after install and fixed all the issues in about an hour. I’m super satisfied with the service and the warranty is the best in the industry as far as I can tell.

Duane Denson Gresham, OR

The serviceman was very polite and efficient. He made some adjustments that I could not do. I am very pleased with my experience and the service team at Milgard. I would recommend that anyone looking for windows or sliding doors that they seriously consider Milgard.

Marc Colloton Stevenson, WA

I have to say both times I have had windows replaced, the people and interactions have all been excellent. The thing that kills me, for the windows I had bought from Milgard, is the rubber gasket that forms the seal around the windows that open. They are all disintegrating, and really makes the windows look like crap. I had asked about this before and was sent a box of rubber gasket material to do it myself. I did a couple ground floor windows, but the seal didn't stay in place for long. I get that the sun bakes this stuff and it deteriorates, But trying to replace the sticky mess that is then created isn't fun. I hope there is a better solution in the next year or so when I build another home. The tec today said the same material is used in the windows being produced currently. That is the reason which would cause me to seek another brand of windows. Matt

Susan Corkum Lake Oswego, OR

Milgard honored their guarantee when one of our Milgard double pane window developed algae growth in between the panes. The wait for the replacement window was lengthy—several months which was annoying. But even more annoying was not being notified that the service could not be performed on the designated day due to a breakdown of the serviceman’s truck. So we had to wait another month. But finally we had the replacement window installed! It took less than a hour and looks great.

Gretchen Carver Judith Gap, MT

I called our Tech Rep, Mark S, and I got the numbers needed on the window. The seal is broken on two windows and he had me walk around the outside of the house to make sure no other windows are affected. Very smooth and efficient call. Installation is planned near end of July.

Caroline See Washougal, WA

The blinds between the sliding glass door were not working correctly. The company responded quickly to the online customer service request and scheduled a date for the home repair. The two servicemen arrived when scheduled, quickly and efficiently replaced the door.

Angela Puntney Salem, OR

First off, Robert arrived in the time frame given to us. 2nd he got right to work, fixed the issue with our door lock and answered several questions on windows and doors in the rest of the house. He was courteous and professional. We thought he did a great job and we are happy we can use our front door again.

S Gardner Dallas, OR

Great windows. Developed a leak in my garden window. Appointment scheduled to repair it, the guy arrived on time, looked at it, told me what needed to be done and got the job done quickly. Since we were the original purchasers of the windows it was all covered by the warranty.

Jean Haedrich Portland, OR

Excellent job! Vladimir arrived on time, was friendly, professional, conscientious of our home, and efficient. He finished the job quickly and was kind enough to answer our questions regarding future window needs. We greatly appreciate your warranty program!

Penny Gresham, OR

Rocky was the service tech for the service at my home. The time frame for arrival was 2:30-4 and he arrived promptly at 2:30. I had a minor job for him involving the locking handle on a sliding glass door. He had the job done in 15 minutes. He was friendly and professional. I have always been very pleased with the service Millard provides.

Mared Kansas City, KS

The service tech that came to our house at Basehor KS today 01/19/21 , though a little bit late due to an earlier client, was very knowledgeable, and professional. Knows pretty much his trade and helped solved /fixed our problem with our sliding doors.

Kathy Forrest Gresham, OR

My vinyl Milgard windows are 10 years old and looking great! I have had two minor service issues during those ten years and Milgard has completed both repairs promptly and pleasantly. Good product and excellent service. I would definitely use them again!

Kathleen Waugh Bend, OR

Best, warranty for original owners. Since I’m retired and on social security, what a blessing the warranty has been. Also, Jebb and Matt came to install the glass and were pleasant, helpful and efficient. Thank you both!

A McK Missoula, MT

Great customer service & products. Our installer was fast and professional. Did a great job! Also, I greatly appreciate that Milgard stands behind the quality of their products, however we moved into a house with only 2 months left on the warranty of the windows. I feel the lifetime warranty of the products should be extended to the next owner. Or at least that an extended warranty at a reasonable price should be offered for purchase by the next owner.

Robert Davis Portland, OR

Extremely pleased with Milgard's warranty repair work on one of our windows. He was prompt and had the window fixed in less than a half an hour. Very helpful in answering all questions we had. I would definitely recommend Milgard windows.

Tom ,

The Milgard windows are of the highest quality and very clean appearance. And after 14 years when there was a problem they came out and very professionally corrected it, the service technicians are the highest standard and very professional...

Terry Smith ,

With approximately 24 Milgard vinyl double pane windows I feel comfortable supporting their product and service. I've called upon them twice for service support (1 being customer caused) with some windows being over 10 yrs old. No problem, no hassle, no charge.

M. Webber Hood River, OR

I found Milgard to be very efficient in fulfilling my warranty service claim. They schedule appointments well ahead of time and always notify of the time window two days prior to the appointment. I've found their technicians to be prompt and quick.

Greg Kamerer Portland, OR

The technician was on time and took care of my window problem quickly and efficiently. I love Milgard and I appreciate the guarantee and I really appreciated the fact that the tech came out under these circumstances and wore a mask. Thanks.

Carl Vancouver, WA

Service technician was prompt and on time. He was knowledgeable, courteous and professional. He was able to diagnose and repair the window lock immediately and on-site. Very impressed with the service performance and timeliness of the repair work.

Mindy Smith Kalispell, MT

I have nothing but good to say about Milgard Windows! I love their windows, and how they latch! Their reps and Tech person is wonderful. Their warranty is the thing that would keep me with their company for every house I might build!

Sandie Hertel The Dalles, OR

All good. I reported my issue, friendly response , date set for replacement window, no hassles. Follow up Phone call with a 2-hour time frame for when worker would arrive. Friendly guy came as scheduled, replaced quickly, very efficient. A very positive experience from start to finish👍🏼👌🏼.

Hugh Naylor III Eugene, OR

Quick service by a skilled technician quickly identified and then corrected the problem. After the repair he reminded us of the lifetime Milgard warranty and reviewed what to do if any other problems occur in the future. This is impressive service. FYI: We recently enclosed a porch and added three new Milgard windows.

christie Martin Knightsen, CA

Very professional and on time. This was the first time I had to have a window replaced since they were installed over 13 years ago window became cloudy and need to be replaced. No questions asked they came out replaced so easy I was impressed

H Luke McDermott South Jordan, UT

Cervando has been great to work with! Milgard has a wonderful warranty and Guarantee. I would recommend them to anyone and anytime! Thanks again for your customer service. The windows look great again! Take care and all the best! Luke

Lawrence K. Mays West Linn, OR

We reported the broken window seal. The service person was out promptly and measured the window. When the window arrived the technician phoned and set the schedule, arrived as planned, rapidly removed the old, and installed the new. Thank you for the great service.

Janet Sheppard Camarillo, CA

It took three trips to get my broken window replaced. First time, I gave person the measurements and told her that it was the MOVING part of the window. The technician showed up with stationary part. Had to wait several weeks, and then the technician showed up with the wrong window again. This time it was his measurements and the person who entered the order, entered it wrong. Had to wait another two weeks, finally the right window. This order originated in June. It was completed September 27. The technicians were very professional and patient. The people taking the orders need to input orders correctly! I'm sure Milgard lost a lot of money preparing the wrong size windows! Not to mention, the customer waiting months to get a broken window replaced!

Reply from Milgard

Hi Janet - I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you went through to get your warranty service. We are always trying to make improvements to our processes. I will be sure to share this with the service team in your area. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Oct. 1st, 2018

Susan Mares Fullerton, CA

I have a window that was not closing properly (crank window). I contacted Customer Service; I had the id number from the window, and an appointment was made for a service representative to look at the window. He assessed the problem and fixed it. He was professional and friendly and knew how to fix the problem.

Mary Beth Makic Arvada, CO

Working with Milgard to replace windows that had become foggy was easy, efficient, and timely. The service individual on the phone reviewed the process in detail patiently answering my numerous questions; The service person installing the windows as professional, efficient, timely, and polite. I was very pleased with the service.

Jon christoffersen Shaw Island, WA

We had a window installation in which the local installer had been sold, and their records destroyed. Our Milgard customer service representative was responsive, located the file information, and followed up with new installer. It was such a pleasure dealing with a thoughtful human. Milgard rocks! Jon Christoffersen

Nick LaBrasca West Dundee, IL

Prompt and efficient service. My initial contact was immediately responded to with a local contact to replace my patio door and a window. Submitting the paid invoice also was immediately acknowledged. Customer service is top notch !

JANICE SZUMOWSKI Coronado, CA

I have had two service calls in the last couple of months. Both were handled efficiently and professionally. I was very happy with both service calls that were warranty related and pleased that Milgard stands behind their products.

Sandra Wood Helendale, CA

If Milgard has the type of window you are looking for you would be crazy to buy from anyone else. We have had 4 windows that were installed almost 20 years. They did not look right and had Milgard look at them. Without any question they were replaced immediately. The service department was great. Fast and professional.

Paul Hesser Lake Zurich, IL

My home is 14 years old and I have had over the last several years some window seal failures in my home, each time Milgard replaced the windows at no cost to me under their Warranty. I am very pleased with Milgard and their support staff for the speed and courtesy shown!

Philip Robinson Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

I appreciate that Milgard has stood behind its windows with its lifetime guarantee. Milgard personnel have always been helpful and polite in scheduling the replacement of two of my windows. The technical personnel who performed the replacement were skilled and professional. My thanks to everyone at Milgard for their fine service.

Steven Unglaub Ladera Ranch, CA

Called in March, sent photos and explained how many windows were in need of re-painting. Waited months for someone to come out and repair. Paint repair company started job, but then said it was many more windows then they were told. Waited another month for a Milgard inspector who was very nice and authorized repairs, but only on windows peeling even though all will need done at some point. Waited another couple months and only after I called again did a new painting company come out. They did a outstanding job, but I have already noticed more windows are starting to peel. Everyone was nice and professional but this took way too long. 7 months

Reply from Milgard

Hi Steven - I apologize for the delays you experienced with your warranty service. It sounds like there was also a miscommunication issue. We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us what happened so we can improve our processes.

Sep. 26th, 2018

John Redondo Beach, CA

Needed support for a part that broke on my sliding glass door. Emailed support and received a response in 2 days. After an email exchange to clarify problem, I received a follow up call to verify the fix. Customer service representative sent me the replacement part and a spare for free. Amazing. Just hooked a customer for life. Thank you!

Louise Brown Sherwood, OR

It’s wonderful that Milguard gives a lifetime warranty on their windows as long as the original owner occupies the home. After eighteen years three of our windows had problems with opening upward. I went online and told Milguard of the situation , giving pertinent info, and a repairman came out and fixed the windows in no time at no charge. The only negative aspect was that it took about one and a half months before the service could be done.

Glen Moore Seattle, WA

I have several installations of Milgard windows, both aluminum framed and fiberglass framed. I also have one of their French doors. I have taken advantage of their product and service guarantee a couple of times, and their response and product delivery was great.

Steven Bainbridge Island, WA

I bought a condo 17 years ago. It came with Milgard windows with a lifetime guarantee. Recently one of the sliding glass doors failed - Jeremy from Milgard came up to Seattle and replaced the door for free. And the glass in the door is newer/nicer than the previous glass. The whole process was no hassle. I'm very impressed.

Karen Majors San Jose, CA

Excellent customer service! Excellent lifetime warranty! I had a window that is 18 years old and the seal between the double panes broke causing the window to look hazy and etched. I called customer service and they replace the entire window for free. Highly recommend Milgard.

MARK W SMITH Portland, OR

Our Milgard representative called to tell us where he was and exactly the time he would arrive. He replaced my window in less than 10 minutes. Very professional and extremely courteous. I buy Milgard windows for the lifetime warranty and the incredible customer service that comes with it.

Dave Dunnell Brighton, CO

First, hats off to Milgard for backing up their warrantee with no questions asked. The springs in some of our double hung windows had problems, and they quickly replaced all of them. The technician was on schedule, courteous, and very professional & skilled. I'm glad I have Milgard!

Brenda Randle Lemoore, CA

Wow the life time warranty is wonderful to have. It makes the cost of the windows so worth it! They stand behind the warranty and the customer service rep that called was kind and helpful. They got the replacements in and it was a quick and efficient installation job.

Tom Franklin Portland, OR

Once I got the appointment made it went very smooth. The representative made it here in the first 10 minutes of the 2 hour window. He was very quick, efficient, polite and professional. Recommend Milgard all of the time already, but will do so with even more fervor doing forward.

Robert Hoover San Marcos, CA

Thank you for your excellent response to our request for warrenty covered need's. Your techs were professional at their job and showed their expertise. We will recommend your product's to other's and purchase more in the future when needed.

RG Vashon, WA

Had issues with our patio door, Milgard sent team out to repair and when it became apparent that a replacement was necessary, proceeded with installing a new panel. Milgard kept us informed of the status, the repair team showed up as scheduled and their work was efficient and tidy.

Daniel Enz Lyle, WA

From the first inquiry phone call to installation and replacement of the damaged windows Milgard service was outstanding. The installer, Vladimir, was efficient, curious and even took his shoes off before coming into the house.

B. L. Zephyr Cove, NV

I ordered a patio slider & a window from Lakeside Glass, who does not install. After umpteen contractors and frustration, Lakeside checked the patio slider-it was faulty. For a year now, I have been trying to get the window installed. It is setting on my deck, no trim inside or out on slider. Milgard could not accommodate the tenant's schedule. After a year they showed up today, installed the slider glass-1 panel has a clam shell crack. Omar & assistant were very nice & professional! I will never buy a window or slider again that the window company does not install!! It is a nightmare & I have 4 houses that need new windows as of date. I send emails & called, was put on hold for over 45 minutes several times!! Thank you!

Robert Smith Tehachapi, CA

My balancers broke on two of our windows. I contacted Milgard Customer Service and they quickly identified the replacement parts needed and sent them out promptly with out question. Received parts and they installed easily. Both windows function better than ever. Thanks again to the Customer Service team, they are top notch.