Milgard Logo

Milgard

7.8

LAST UPDATED: August 9th, 2022

Milgard Windows and Doors was founded in 1961 by Maurice Milgard, Jr. and his son Gary in Tacoma, Washington. The company's focus is to provide high quality replacement windows and window installation services to its customers. In addition to the quality products they provide, they seek to provide quality service. From 2014-2018 they won the Best of Houzz Design award for the most popular company. Additionally, they won the 2016 Crystal Achievement Award for the most innovative window and in 2017 they won the highest online rating window and patio door brand by Metrixlag.

Andersen Windows Logo
#2 Andersen Windows chevron_right
Modernize Logo
#4 Modernize chevron_right
4.0

The Good

• Warranty
  • Coverage
  • Variety of Product and Services

Warranty

Milgard extends a Full Lifetime Warranty to Tuscany Series and Trinsic Series products. There is a Lifetime Limited Warranty for Ultra Series, Style Line Series and Aluminum Series. Please see company website for complete warranty details on any and all products.

Coverage

Milgard offers window installation services in the western United States and British Columbia, Canada. The company believes that if it operates closer to its customers, it can offer a more personalized experience, faster delivery times, and quick responses to warranty situations.

Variety of Product and Services

Milgard offers a variety of the best replacement windows and services not only for windows, but for patio doors as well. With multiple options and styles to choose from, customers are much more likely to find what they are looking for. Customers also have the option to request a consultations, during which a professional will help them identify what they need in their home and which styles will best fit their taste. From start to finish, Milgard Certified Dealers will walk the customer through the process to ensure that they are satisfied with all of the available options.

The Bad

Undisclosed Prices

Unfortunately, Milgard doesn’t disclose prices on its corporate website, making it difficult for potential customers to discern whether or not the company is a good fit for their needs. Before a customer can view prices on the products they would like, they need to request a quote.

The Bottom Line

Milgard Windows and Doors is determined to provide quality replacement windows and window installation services to all of its customers. The company offers a variety of attractive features, including full lifetime warranties and a variety of products to choose from.

View Best New Windows Companies

Dave Shuford Kennewick, WA

The service team replaced the rollers and track for our sliding glass door quickly and efficiently. The door works much better now. The only issue was that two of the guys refused to wear masks when coming into our house and remained outside while the third tech came inside to do the work. Milgard may wish to remind their technicians that when coming to someone's home, they need to be sensitive to their concerns.

Russ Avon, IN

Thirty two years ago Milgard installed beautiful lifetime guaranteed windows throughout our newly constructed house on the Oregon Coast. I’m now ninety-eight years old and still living in the same house. I’m very pleased to attest that Milgard has honored their guarantee. Just this past year they’ve professionally, timely, and courteously replaced free of all labor and material cost the windows and door-walls facing the rugged northwest and southwest Pacific Ocean wet and windy climate. Proud to say the eastern facing windows are still in amazingly good shape. Best investment ever!

Tominroseburg Grants Pass, OR

Milgard always stands by their products. The replacement of the failed window was seamless, and the technician was professional, personable, and very quick. We always recommend Milgard to anyone who is thinking about new windows.

Karen Sims-Bundy West Linn, OR

I had forgot about the appointment so he called me. I apologized and since he was still in the area he came back to install the window. A very pleasant, friendly and professional person even though I had most likely interrupted his regular schedule for the day.

Magic Gresham, OR

Had a minor issue with our new front window. Called who we bought the window from and they contacted Milgard. Heard from Milgard in one day and set up an appointment for the service call. The tech arrived on time and repaired the issue in just moments. He also explained how it occurred and reminded us of the lifetime warranty. Friendly and knowledgeable. I must say that I am impressed with Milgard.

Karen Huebert Connell, WA

I cannot say enough good about this company. The windows cut my electric bills substantially from the first month they were installed 20 years ago. They came with a lifetime guarantee. Recently they started showing signs of wear. Milgard honored the warranty and replaced a number of windows free of charge. Every interaction with employees was fantastic from scheduling to the actual replacement. The man who came to replace the windows was outstanding. OUTSTANDING. Pleasant. Quick. Respectful. A true professional.

Gary and Judy Montgomery Kennewick, WA

Wow! These guys are efficient. They replaced two windows in what must be record time. Very friendly and easy and comfortable to have in our home..

1 day ago

Thomas Wilde Frankfurt am Main, HE

Arrived a bit early, which was fine with me. Very courteous, professional, and did an excellent job. On our new construction we only have been using Milgard and I installed these windows on my personal home 19 years ago. Their lifetime warranty for the original owner is a nice plus.

Patryk Lech Portland, OR

Good quality windows, which - for the most part - function well for many years. The service visit to replace one of the newer windows was quick, taking maybe 15 minutes from start to finish. The tech was courteous and had a sense of humor. If I were to change anything, it would be to extend the warranty from the installing owner to subsequent owner. We bought our house 15 years ago. All windows have been replaced with Milgard Windows by the previous owners; I only installed two new Milgard windows (one of them failed and was replaced during this visit). But the warranty on the windows installed by the previous owners does not extend to us. I wish Milgard could extend the warranty to us, if not in full, then at least 50% of the cost of repairs, for example. Incidentally, when I had the two new windows installed, I asked the sales person if Milgard would extend the warranty on existing windows to us and he said yes. I suppose this information was not put in any written form, however, because - on my subsequent calls - other salespersons vehemently denied this.

Jim Gaston, OR

They stand behind their product, which is very good, and service it as promised. Millard just replaced the glass in a sliding door at our house on the Oregon beach, and did so when it was promised. The slider was at least 26 years old. Service people were prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient . We have used Milgard in our last two houses and wouldn’t trade for any other company.

Frederick H Stinchfield Salem, OR

Emails with scheduler/representative (Allison) were good. she instructed me where to get the applicable number for the window being replaced. We were given a dte for our appointment, and 2 days before the appointment date we were emailed with a specific time window for the appointment. Our installer (Robert) arrived within the specified timeline, took our old window out, and installed our new window within about 20-256 minutes, Very efficient, and very knowledgeable about what hee was doing!

Gene Harral Idaho Falls, ID

we built our house about 14 years ago and had Milgard windows installed. since that time we have had i think every window replaced at least once. when i notice a issue with a window i call Milgard and they have a local person (JAKE) contact me . Jake is absolutely the best representative that Milgard could have here in my area. he very courteous, prompt and very professional about getting my windows installed. Milgard may not have the very best window on the market but I guarantee that they have the best WARRANTY. If I ever build another house I guarantee that Milgard would be my choice of windows. I am very happy with the service i receive.

Rob Gladheim Portland, OR

The 2 people were very professional, and completed the service well. (On time removed their shoes was nice.)

Brenda Bonebrake Lyons, OR

Love the quality of the windows. Have also had excellent response in replacing several older windows whose seal had deteriorated - the warranty works!

David Benz Medford, OR

I have had a great working experience with Milgard over the years. My home was newly built with all Milgard windows, and the lifetime warranty has been a convenient and well-used feature of the brand. In the nine years I have owned my home, I have had three repairs on my windows, and each time Milgard has honored the warranty, and performed the repairs at no cost to me. In these days of higher prices and uncertainty, it's nice to see a corporate manufacturer stand behind their products, the way that Milgard does.

Brian Kleiner Oregon City, OR

The technician did an absolutely great job of replacing three windows that had the seals break. He was careful, efficient and cleaned up nicely. We have had Milgard windows in three of our four custom homes, and they are great! The one house we did not, we had nothing but problems and leaks into the inside of the house. The Milgard lifetime warranty is the best available on the market.

Stormi Oshun Belgrade, MT

The representative I dealt with was very professional, helpful, and an excellent communicator. He was able to answer all of my questions in a manner that was respectful and complete. He took extra time to find an old invoice from a previous repair he did at my house - repair which was done well and quickly.

Spencer Brown Las Vegas, NV

They stand by their products! Great quality and warranty support.

1 day ago

Hal Alles Lake Oswego, OR

Only problem they came unannounced. Everything else was perfect.

RONALD WHITE Seattle, WA

We purchased 5 double pane windows from Milgard several years ago to replace 5 single-pane original install windows. So glad we did as these have helped in keeping our cooling costs down here in Arid-zona. The are low-e windows that slide side to side and they are as new as the day we installed them. The quality of the vinyl frames has fended off the heat and dryness of our weather here. I highly recommend Milgard Windows any day and the prices can't be beat. You won't regret purchasing Milgard Windows.

Lawman50 Portland, OR

I had issues with two windows, nearly ten years old, at my house. I called Milgard and a very nice lady had me measure the windows and set up an appointment to replace them. The installer arrived on the scheduled date and time. He explained what he intended to do and then replaced the glass.He was obviously very efficient and experienced in resolving this type of issue. He was very pleasant, friendly and respectful of my property. I’AM EXTREMELY IMPRESSED WITHE ENTIRE PROCESS FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND MILGARDS’S CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Bill Britton Portland, OR

We replaced our 1950s aluminum frame, single pane, “crank open” windows with Milgard Tuscany windows nearly twelve years ago, and we have been very happy with them. The glides and latching mechanisms are very good, and the glass UV coating and construction has reduced heat loss, noise, and furniture fading. Only two panes have lost their seal, and it was easy to get them replaced at no charge.

Larry Hughes White Salmon, WA

Service tech arrived promptly, was courteous . Introduced himself ,was shown where and which windows were involved in the work order. Promptly went to work replacing the glass . He answered any questions I asked, very informative! Quite a good representative of the Milgard company. Hopefully I don't need any further service ,but if I do I won't hesitate to call ! If I ever build another home, I'll make sure I go with this company again!

Mmm Mmm

Can't beat their lifetime warranty. I'm original owner 23 years ago and recently had window replaced no questions asked. Great communication and service from start to finish. Milgard took the worries away. Thank you

JV Torgerson Hillsboro, OR

Good job. On time. No issues. Pleasant and experienced.

16 hours ago

Vernon Jackson Portland, OR

Initial contact was very helpful in finding the original order (24 years ago!) for my house and confirming the measurements and identification of the 2 failed windows. The installation technician (Vicente, I think) was very quick and professional. Wore booties inside and was very good about protecting the surrounding workspace and cleaning up afterward. He was courteous to recognize that I had just prepared my lunch (he arrived just before noon) and one of the windows was in the kitchen. He opted to start with the other window so that I could finish my lunch in peace. This is the second or third time that we have contacted Milgard for warranty replacement, and every time the company has been top notch! Would recommend them to anyone interested.

Daniel Eibeck Washington, DC

I loved Milgard. I used them on a couple of my installs and have never had an issue.

farm chick Kelso, WA

I own almost 100 Milgard windows (original owner). I am yet again trying to get warranty work done. This is the 4th time a batch of windows have lost their seal and I have to look through cloudy glass waiting for someone to call! I own other houses with much cheaper brands of windows and never have this problem. I called Milgard to check on my case and they didn't know when they could get to it...so frustrating!

Milgard Logo

Reply from Milgard

I'm very sorry that you are having trouble getting assistance for warranty service. Please email me at [email protected] with your contact information so I can help. Thank you.

May. 24th, 2022

Rob and Brenda Gibson Portland, OR

Technician was professional, efficient and quick. Patio door works wonderfully for the first time in years and replaced windows are great!

Ray Turchetti McMinnville, OR

We put windows in our upstairs bathroom twenty years ago. A bird broke one of them, and Milgard came and fixed it for free! It was relatively quick and easy. That was great! Now if they only made energy efficient wood windows, that would be even better!

Shawn & Betty McAninch Oregon City, OR

Milgard stands behind their product! Installed windows approximately 12 years ago and Milgard provided a no hassle experience to get a few of windows replaced after the seals had failed. Thank You...

Jessica Wilcox Beaverton, OR

Our appointment was super fast. Our technician was kind, courteous, and respectful. He was in and out in a flash. It was amazing and I would totally recommend Milgard to anyone.

Ray Taylor Bend, OR

The service person, Jedd, was very efficient . He removed the defective double pane window and installed a new one in less than 15 minutes. No fuss, no muss. Thanks to him and to Milgard for standing behind their great windows!

James Davidson Oregon City, OR

We were having issues with a slider that was not opening and closing smoothly. The 2 technicians arrived at the beginning of the 2-hour arrival window (very punctual). They were very polite, professional, technically savvy, clean and organized.

Jill Asselineau Beaverton, OR

Very professional crew and service. On time and job well done.

Douglas Reinthal Bend, OR

After many years of trouble free service a problem with the glass in my sliding glass door developed. I contacted Milgard, they found my original purchase order in their files, and without hesitation honored the lifetime warranty. I now have new glass installed in my door and anticipate many more years of service from my door. Thank you, customer service is very important to me.

Peter Bock West Linn, OR

Our home is 21 years old and we are the original owners. We had two windows for which the seals had failed. We found the order number codes, measured the two windows and filled out the claim form. Milgard set up the appointment and the repair tech showed up and replaced the two panes within a half hour. He did a terrific job and we are totally satisfied. I cannot imagine having a better experience.

Le Jia Beaverton, OR

Great lifetime warranty for original owner. I live here for 16 years. First time ask for warranty. It took a very long time to get tach in (Just recent craziness, I think). The tach was very skillful profession. He did quickly and make sure everything works properly. I am so glad the builder used Milgard. Happy with the product, service and people. Thank you for taking care of your customer and keep your promise.

Lampornis Santa Clara, CA

This is the second time I have had to use my Milgard warranty for windows installed when my house was constructed in 1998. On both occasions they honored their warranty to the letter. Today, at no cost to me, they came out and replace three windows that had broken seals without blinking an eye. This is the kind of company I like doing business with. Further, considering the number of windows in my house I find it amazing that they have held up so well. All four windows (combination of both claims) were on the south side of my house where they get hammered by weather yet they still held up for 22 years.

Darrell

It sucks when your windows show that they’ve been infiltrated in between the glass. Once you see it, the problem only grows: I waited too long to contact Millard about our problem, “as far as my wife was concerned” it was true. After several years I finally did do what the effort entails, and to my surprise and happiness, Millard came through. Great service and communication. You need to do it all online. You need to know how to gather the info. When you do the work, the effort pays off. Steve, our technician was awesome. Even after getting stung by a Hornet. Thanks for the service and support. Darrell

jameswadsworth Portland, OR

Sergey S is a wonderful representative of Milgard! He reflects the very high level of customer service and QUALITY that we have always identified with Milgard and Milgard products. He is exemplary of what I have always expected from Milgard over the 20+ years we have done business with Milgard for the BEST we can get for our homes. You should be VERY PROUD that you have a man of Sergey's personage keeping Milgard customers as Milgard customers for life. Thank you for this chance to sing his praises, and please, if you can, tag my record as always requesting Sergey when I need any Milgard service. Jim Wadsworth

David Haderlie Spokane, WA

We bought a new home, in 2004. At the time it was built it had standard stock windows. In May 2012, we had all the windows and window casings replaced on15 windows with Milgard Windows at the recommendation of our contractor and what a difference. THIS ENDED UP AS BEING ONE OF THE SMARTEST AND BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE. Milgard Windows keeps our house quiet and warm all year around. In those 8 years we had some fogging between the glass panes on three windows. Milgard replaced these windows fast, with no questions or charges. Today 03/26/20 two Milgard’s representatives, Surge and Ross, I believe were their names, arrived after traveling from Tri-Cities, WA to our home in Liberty Lake, WA to replace two windows. They were so unbelievably fast, courteous, and a joy to talk to. They completed the work quickly & efficiently. Thanks Milgard.

Richard Hostin Carlsbad, CA

I had Milgard windows installed in my whole house in 2002. Recently, I noticed a slight haze developing on the inside between two glass panels on one large front window. Since the original installation included a lifetime guarantee for the original owner, I called the original installer, Newman Replacement Windows, who promptly located my old purchase records and referred me to the manufacturer with a reference number. In calling Milgard a few days later, they had all my information in hand and scheduled a service call. Jaime, the Milgard repair specialist arrived promptly and quickly repaired my window back to new pristine shape. All this was done with no cost to me and they honored their lifetime guarantee with no hesitation. I would highly recommend Milgard for their products and guarantee follow up service along with Newman Replacement Windows of Carlsbad for all window replacement needs.

Joseph Metzger Mountain View, CA

Despite there being no serial numbers on two failed window inserts in my house, the Milgard rep took into account the sales receipts for the windows I purchased over twenty-five years ago. The Milgard rep then measured the dimensions of the two failed window inserts and told me I would hear back from Milgard in a few weeks. Sure enough, I received a reply from the Milgard factory with a time window and date when an installer would visit to install the new inserts. The installer stopped by within the time window and had the new window modules installed within 20 - 30 minutes. The new inserts were clean and smear free when the installer finished. Milgard windows are great and Milgard service is second to none!! Thank you Milgard!!!!!!

Bill Weaver Tempe, AZ

Our neighbor got a dog that barked at every leaf or cat that came by. It was noisy and annoying so we looked for a way to stop the noise in our family room, We called a window installer and he reccomended Millgard. I thought it was more expensive than I expected but we did it any way. We installed a multi pane Milgard sliding glass door and the noise stopped. Ok that's what I wanted but we got more. We got a door that has never been hard to operate. It allways slides open and shut smoothly. We got a door that has a lock we can trust. I had to install special locks on the other doors . We got glass that does not alter what we see. We have a mother cheaper original door that causes wavy vision. We got an installation that has never faltered. I have had to adjust every other door in the house but the Millgartd just keeps working. I made one mistake though, I got a sliding door with no outside lock in it. And this is where Milgard service comes in, I had never contacted Milgartd because the door allways works. So after all these years I needed a locking handel. Milgard service was wonderful from the first call until they notified me they were sending me a replacement handel. And, when I asked if it would accomodate a Kwickset lock they got right back to me saying yes. In a time when internet companies do not even want to talk or make it impossible to contact them, Milgard goes out of their way to provide a great reliable product but then they back it up with great service.

Phillip Brandt Portland, OR

We have multiple Milgard windows in our home. Recently three windows in our sun room started to haze over on the inside of the glass units. A local glass shop directed me to get in touch with Milgard's warranty dept. The Milgard staff were very helpful, we identified exactly which windows needed to be serviced and a date was immediately scheduled. This morning Sergei arrived right on time. He was impeccably polite. He quickly and efficiently swapped out the failing glass units and cleaned up the area. He was done within 40 minutes. The windows look great. The whole process was smooth, efficient, and really friendly to me as a customer. I am buying Milgard windows in the future.

JAMES QUADERER Sunnyvale, CA

I had a problem with my fiberglass double hung windows which would not slide up and down without tremendous physical effort. I searched the Milgard web site for advice but found nothing. I sent in a service request on line , suggesting an electronic response could fix my problem. Milgard chose to send a service technician to my home. Jesus, the service guy did a great job reviewing the sticky windows and he showed me how the problem is easily fixed with silicon lubricant. All this is fine, but I had to come home from work to meet Jesus which was inconvenient to do. It seems to me the whole service issue could have been handled by a maintenance note on your web site or a phone call from your service technician. Just tell me what kind of lubricant to use on fiberglass and I am good. The result was good but perhaps we could have saved both Milgard and myself quite a bit of time with an email or phone call response.

Roger Thomas Rainier, OR

We purchased Milgard windows for our house in 1995. Recently two of them had issues. One had kind of a mildew looking substance on the lower inside between panes. The second started showing finger prints between the panes. Contacted Milgard in April. They walked me through how to file a claim, measure and identify the windows since are far from new. Set up an appointment for June to repair them. Their crew arrived in the time frame I was told. The one window was part of an 8' patio window (extremely heavy). The crew (two people) had both windows changed out in under 30 minutes. I was shocked how efficient they were...WOW! The crew was polite, business like and again, very efficient. Can't say enough about the quality of these windows, the backing from the company guaranteeing their product and the support team that makes them so great. Thank you folks at Milgard again. Would I recommend them....heck ya! RT

HeIdi Mairena Orange, CA

It has been almos 15 years since my Milgard windows were installed. Upon a recent professional window cleaning, I noticed a haze on several windows. I contacted Milgard through the company I originally purchased my windows. They promptly started a case file for me, sent people out to replace my windows and examined the remaing windows. After their inspection, they noted defects in 5 more window panes and promptly ordered the replacements. Within a month, all the defective windows had been replaced. Employees were courteous, efficient and thoroughly cleaned up after themselves! The Temecula dispatch center was AMAZING! When Milgard says lifetime warranty, they mean it! Thank you for making this experience painless!

Vicki McWhite Denver, CO

i love your windows. they are so beautiful and easy to open! I used to struggle to get my old windows open. Then I got my Milgard windows and what a difference! Then, I found myself having to replace glass in two windows. Wow! I found out all about your wonderful guarantee/warranty. Your customer service was excellent. From setting up the appointment to the arrival of my glass replacement. And my window replacement technician, Winston, was very very professional. He came in and completed the work in surprising time. Everything was clean and ready to go. He thoroughly explained what I needed to do over the next few days to guarantee a successful seal on my windows. Hold onto that guy! He should make you proud!