Milgard Logo

Milgard

7.8

Mike Montoya Pacifica, CA

I remodeled my home 10 years ago, installing new wood clad Milgard windows throughout. I recently noticed moisture in one of my living room window panels. I immediately contacted Milgard service through their website, completed the brief service request and within a few short days received a service date. The technician arrived right on time. He inspected and measured the panel for replacement. Shortly thereafter, I received another email scheduling the installation appointment. The pleasant service technician again arrived right on time and quickly installed a new panel replacement. The area was left clean and the window looks great! I can't imagine how the whole process could have been better. Great Job! Thank you!

Kathy Flynn Lafayette, OR

Due to a late in the year installation of new windows, we did not try to open our bedroom windows until late April. One of the casement windows started to fall out of the frame as it was opened. We called the contractor who installed them 3 times and he never returned our calls. We then contacted Milgard, who routed our service request to our area and set up an appointment. The Milgard service man showed up early and took care of the problem in less than 5 minutes. He also took care of another installer error in just a few minutes. These are beautiful windows and the problems were in the installation, not in the manufacturing. The Milgard rep was congenial and efficient.

Ken Tracy Gresham, OR

We purchased skylights from Milgard for our home in the 90's and most recently discovered one was leaking and another the seal had broken. I contacted Milgard about the repair, even though they do not manufacture skylights any longer they offered to replace them under their lifetime warranty. This was a painless process, they provided me a date for the replacement and showed up exactly when they said they would. I'm always sceptical of "lifetime warranty" offers but Milgard truly stands behind their commitments. I would highly recommend Milgard to anyone considering purchasing new windows without reservation.

L Roseburg, OR

Great service. Fast efficient. The phone help were great and the technician that did the work was great also- friendly, polite and efficient.

Tina Powell Butte, OR

Millard backed their warranty on their windows with prompt efficient service. Team that replaced window was efficient and very nice. Great experience.

Andy Covington Beaverton, OR

Wow the technician remedied the issue in 15 minutes, he also ensured that I understood how to use the door and the other features. Thank you Millard for a great product and service!

Eddie Portland, OR

The technician was on time, wore booties over his shoes and was very professional. Best of all, he completed the job in about 15 minute. Great service and warranty. A job well done. A customer for life.

Martin Burrows Gresham, OR

We've had our Milgard windows since we built our house in 2005. We've been happy with them, and with the service we have received when we had problems. They have a life time guarantee and we have had to use it twice. Both times the repairs were made without any hassle, and to our satisfaction.

trisha lusher Vancouver, WA

i initially sent an email in august. a reply came back 1 1/2 months later. then another month for the appt. to be set up. but the servicemen came out promptly and on time. they worked quickly and efficiently. overall, very pleased.

JayMc28 Seattle, WA

The Milgard service tech was on time, very efficient, and super helpful in replacing our windows that failed..! He did a fantastic job with expert installation and cleanliness. The windows and surrounding area were spotless when he was finished..!!

Debbee Etzel McMinnville, OR

Good customer service. I had 3 pieces of glass defective after 21 years and Milgard replaced free of charge as their warranty stated for lifetime of original owner. No hassles and the service technician was very professional

Samarra Miller

My husband and I are extremely happy with the quality, service and personnel. They were polite, professional and left the installation sites very clean. We did our research on the windows and we liked the presentation and the product very much. We couldn't be happier. The windows and doors look beautiful

Pam Foster Albany, OR

Norm came out today to replace a window that was not sealed correctly. I had no problems getting it replaced. I am happy to know that Milgard stands behind their windows for a life time. I would have given a 5 start, but Milgard first scheduled my appt. for 5:00 - 7:00 PM. That is entirely too late for a job to be completed. I had re-arranged my schedule to meet that time. Thank goodness, Norm was ahead of schedule and was able to come much earlier in the day to replace the window. He was very professional and did a great job for me!!

Deb Baucom

I am so happy with the replacement window installed in my garden window that had a broken seal. The installation went quickly and expertly. The 2 men who serviced my window came earlier than expected (had a cancellation) and were experienced, friendly, and efficient. I am so pleased with the work they performed. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs to install or repair Milgard windows. Yes this was an AMAZING experience!

Captt1943 Saint Helens, OR

I have never met a company that cares so much about its customers as Milgard . We had some problems with our windows and patio door that were installed several years ago, and they promptly fixed them. It's nice to know that some company takes pride in the products that they manufacture sell and other people install. When we move to our new home and need windows and doors we will definitely purchase Milgard produts.

marilyn smith Portland, OR

we had our windows installed about 15yr ago. noticed this winter that one had a bad seal as there was a fog in between the glass. called, taked to a very nice young lady who set up an appointment for it to be replaced. this morning right on schedule, a technician showed up and replaced the bad pane. he was very nice, very effecent, just an awesome experience. thanks Milgard for standing by your products and making it so easy to take care of the problem. you customer service is AWESOME!!!

JarlyK Hood River, OR

The Milgard people responded quickly to my request and had someone here to fix the problem within a couple of weeks. I'm impressed with a company that seems to care about their customers and responded to my situation without hesitation. The sliding glass patio door I ordered seems to be of excellent quality and is working perfectly! And I highly recommend Milgard for their excellent customer service!

Marjorie Stout Richland, WA

Your service personnel were extremely helpful, efficient, and courteous. The repair person who came to our home was friendly, efficient, and also courteous. Extreme asset to your company. We had Milgard windows installed in our home when it was built in 1999 and have been extremely happy with them. Thank you for your wonderful company and product!

Allen Anderton Battle Ground, WA

I had scheduled a section of glass in a window to be replaced in my home due to a broken seal. The installer was on time and professional. It was raining, windy and crazy weather at the time. He didn't complain, worked as if it were sunny. Cleaned up the rain/water mess, asked if he could answer any other questions and did a great job. I highly recommend Milgard Windows. Allen

Diane Clinton Spokane, WA

Overall, I was highly satisfied with my experience with Milgard. On the positive side, once my appointment date was set I received a phone call two days in advance to confirm my appointment and to tell me the 2-hour time period I could expect the technician. Serge arrived during the early part of the time block, and accomplished the task very quickly and efficiently. He made sure he took care of all of the issues I was having with my windows before he left. He was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the glass unit he brought to replace my scratched window also had a small scratch in it. He offered me two options: take the new unit back and reorder, or replace the glass and told me I could always replace it later if it bothered me after living with it. I opted to keep the new glass unit because it was a huge improvement over the original glass. I appreciate the fact that he gave me options. The only other negative I experienced was getting the appointment scheduled. I completely understand how busy the service department is, but after submitting my service request and receiving a confirmation email with a case number, I waited quite a few weeks for someone to call or email with an appointment date (the email said I would hear from someone in about 10 days or less). I finally had to call the service department myself. The person in the service department got me scheduled and was very helpful. I didn't mind waiting another month or more for the appointment, as long as it was scheduled. I love my Milgard windows and plan to order more in the near future when we remodel our basement!

Dorothy Lomax Gresham, OR

I have been purchasing Milgard windows and doors through Truax Builders Supply since the mid 1990's and have always been happy with them. When I needed service. Milgard was here to take care of any problem. Today they replaced rollers on a slider door that was installed in 1998 and even repaired an opening in the screen. The guys were just great!

carmen kropf Vancouver, WA

The service person was polite and efficient. We were so happy to work with him. We felt safe and his knowledge and skills were also appreciated. He spoke well of Milgard as a company and represented your product and your company in an excellent fashion. I thought the response time by the company to get service initially was way too slow, that is not a reflection of your service person but rather adminstration. In addition, for the quality expensive product that Milgard is, I would have expected that the two screens that we are missing from the original order would have been delivered to us a month ago. Again, not a reflection of your service person who was excellent. We had one screen arrive damaged and we were short one screen. It would be nice if Milgard would send us those screens. At the very least if someone called us and assured us that we will actually get screens sometime in the future.

Jim Junor Portland, OR

We spec'd Milgard windows for our new house over 30 years ago. After 30 years, Milgard stood fully behind their lifetime warranty (to the original owner). No argument, no excuses, just plain solid support. Besides correcting the obvious problems of failed seals, broken hardware, etc. they also replaced the spring counterweight mechanisms on all windows. The crew that came to do the work were efficient and very responsive to our questions.

Portland Homeowner Portland, OR

I’m extremely satisfied with our window and door purchase. The handle on our patio door experienced a slight failure in the locking mechanism after a few years. We called customer service and the tech who answered was attentive and helpful. The repair tech that came out to fix the failed mechanism had all the parts on hand and was in and out in under 15 minutes. The door latch is as good as new. I’m happy with both the initial purchase and the level of customer service.

Terry Kuenzi Aumsville, OR

They stand behind their products. We had 6 large windows in our new home that had a streak between the pains of glass, and they replaced them all. Two other windows we weren’t sure if the damage occurred during construction or not, but Milgard went ahead and replaced them. We appreciate their commitment to quality. Your employees did a great job too! Thanks Milgard!

Gateway Village Aprtments Whitefish, MT

Jason is terrific! He is the most punctual. If he says he's going to be there at a certain time, you can set your watch to it. He even gives my a quick text 5 minutes ahead of time to say he will be there. That is being very respectful of my time and the tenant who may be waiting. It makes everything go smoothly. He is a real asset to the company. Always has a smile too. Thank you

Debbie Albany, OR

All of our windows are now Milgard. We first heard of them when the builders used them on our addition 28 years ago. Since then we have gradually updated all our windows to Milgard. We love our Milgard windows! Their life time guaranty in exactly that. We had trouble with our sliding glass door, and they sent someone to our house to fix it. While here, he oiled all of our windows. Recently we had a window seat replaced. The large window was scratched. They came and put in a brand new glass.

Kristin greene Portland, OR

I bought my windows and sliding doors from Millard. We have loved them for 14 years. Just a few months ago the latch on slider broke. We called company and they immediately asked what was wrong and scheduled an appointment for a repair service. The service was great. They showed up with a new latch and put it in on the same visit. So very impressed.

Cassius2412 Vancouver, WA

I’ve just had my windows installed. I’ll need some time to evaluate quality, reliability and performance. At this point I’m impressed with the service technician that repaired my screen door. I was a bit surprised that the model screen door I have installed (double door) has lock levers but because of style/model, the lock levers are nonfunctional. That can be confusing to a home buyer that will see the lock lever, expects it to lock but it doesn’t. Why not just put a handle on the door with no lock lever? Wouldn’t that be less expensive for you? Just seems like a lazy yet careless work around. Maybe when the tech saw the locking lever, perhaps he should have taken the initiative to swap it with a non-locking handle? The reason I’ve gone into this level of detail is because it won’t make sense to my wife whose going to try and lock it every time!

Denise B Dolan Danville, CA

Technicians were very polite and professional. Large, heavy windows required 2 installers. There was a small scratch on one of the replacement windows. It was brought to my attention by them immediately. I accepted the window as it is covered by a drape. Both windows had been previously measured by a Milgard technician, so sizes were correct. Much more efficient than when the homeowner measures.

jyh-tsair hwu San Jose, CA

I had two windows that needed to be replaced. The first service man came replaced my master bedroom window and he immediately noticed that the size of the replacement window for my sliding door replacement was incorrect. Today this sliding door window was replaced. I did not have to do anything, it was all taken care by Milgard. This is a superb warranty service.

Len Stevens Penn Valley, CA

Len Stevens Construction Inc. has been using Milgard windows for over 30 years, not only is their window and door systems one of the best out there, at any price, they are only one of two window/door companies with a lifetime glass warranty. We install Milgard in every project, from 1,500 square foot starter homes to 10,000 square foot estate properties. Very important to us as all our projects have a Lifetime warranty. Milgard has come through every time on the few times we needed them.

Kristine A Thompson Tacoma, WA

The service agent, Rob M, was excellent . The service dept. who we talked to on the phone about our problem was not helpful. I asked to talk to her supervisor and she told me that they do not give out their names or phone numbers. It was Rob who came out and realized what the problem was, and immediately took action. I explained that we purchased all our windows from Milgard and our patio door was the most expensive model they sold so why can't we get good customer service. Rob apologized and immediately ordered a new screen door. The technicians are a pleasure to work with, but your service dept could use some training in providing good customer service.

Shannon Marshall Olympia, WA

I have had my Milgard windows for 24 years. Recently a lock came loose on one window (that gets a lot of use) and I noticed that there was a small amount of condensation inside another. Even after all this time Milgard immediately arranged for a repair person to fix them free of charge. The repairman was professional, courteous and had the issues fixed within 15 minutes. Excellent customer service!

Alex M Richmond, CA

Once the appointment was scheduled (2 months out) the service tech called as scheduled to let us know his arrival window. Then, on the day of the appointment he called to let us know he would be able to arrive early, !, if that worked for us. Certainly! Once he got here He addressed both window problems effectively and efficiently. From Admin to on-site service, great job Milgard. Oh, and we chose your windows because we knew the quality and appreciated the price point.

Donna Olympia, WA

Thanks, so much, for the quick response replacing the Milgard windows in my home that had the seal broken. The representatives I spoke with on the telephone were helpful and pleasant and the fellows who did the work were efficient and respectful of my property. A pleasant experience during the stressful time of having my home for sale. Thank you!

Barbara K Lewis Sunnyvale, CA

Milgard didn't question my assessment that the seal had broken on a large picture window. It did take several weeks to schedule the date to fix it, and Milgard called to confirm the app't. The installers came on the early side of their time slot. They were respectful and quick. I didn't realize that they only had to replace the pane, not the whole window so there was no cleanup involved - even better. Overall, Milgard was very professional handling my repair call. They stand by their warranty. I would recommend them to anyone considering new windows.

Jim Bachesta Sammamish, WA

I purchased my windows almost 20 years ago. I used their web site to request service for some broken window springs. They called back within a couple of hours and setup an appointment to replace them. I called back to let them know that I was out of town. They were able to accommodate me by sending me the replacement parts and a link to the video on how to do the replacement work. They sent more replacement springs than I requested. This worked much better for me since I'm a DIY kind of person. They exceeded my expectations and I really appreciate this type of customer service.

Karen Slater Riverside, CA

Jose was fantastic. In and out of here in a very short time. The window was installed and cleaned...looked perfect. We had a few windows that would not go up or down. Jose had the replacement bars in his truck and fixed them also. Also did a little lesson on how the bars worked so Bob could fix them if necessary and gave us tips and how to make them last longer. We appreciated his kindness and generosity.

Rick Garza Granite Bay, CA

Our home is nearly fifty years old and we bought it as a fixer upper. Three weeks ago our new windows were installed and we noticed the difference immediately. The house kept cooler, the noise reduction was great and I had a lot of my neighbors have been telling us how nice our house looks. The other thing was the price. We checked around and found out we were getting a good deal. And lastly, the crew had to work during a heat wave and that didn't slow them down. Good job men...

Nathan Oak Harbor, WA

We recently purchased a home and the original home owner had filed a warranty claim on a few foggy windows. Your representatives were very helpful in making sure everything went smoothly. Your call center agents were rather rude and short on the calls to coordinate scheduling however the installers were absolutely amazing, timely, professional, and clean!

Kent Morris Grapeview, WA

Purchased new widows and French door through our contractor for the remodel 4 years ago. One window was replaced just after installation and our French door was just adjusted. The hinges needed tweeking. The parts, which were not needed, took a while to arrive before the repair could be done. The serviceman was very competent and explained things and adjustments to me very well. I would buy Milgard products, for sure, the next time if there is one.

John Brookings, OR

The customer service is the best I have experienced, we have an unusual problem when we built our house we had all of the windows on the front of the house tinted which was expensive. Well over time we have had two widows fail and long story short Milguard with out a hitch came in and took care of the problem. Great customer care and after the sale representation.

Greg Zadikov Los Angeles, CA

The glass change out service was done very well. The technician, however, was not equipped with a dust pan or a vacuum, so the fine clean up of broken glass was left to the customer. I am a general contractor and I have been using Milgard for about 25 years. While I appreciate the warranty on your products, I have noticed that getting it right the first time for Milgard seems to be a thing of the past. In particular, the Essence series is never without problems. After installation, it takes two to four months to correct manufacturing problems which seems to be the norm. Of four current Milgard jobs of mine, all four have had significant problems. This is bad for me, my reputation, and my profit as I have to return to the job 2,3 or 4 months later and then repaint. What's up with your quality control? Milgard seems to be going downhill instead of up. I am very frustrated.

Kenneth Kravitz Surprise, AZ

Although the problem we had with our windows does not appear to be a product defect but rather an installation problem, I feel there could have been better communication between the tech and me. We had this problem last year, and since we are not "window specialists" we did not know what was causing the leaking. The same tech came out last year and insisted that where I told him I saw water, was impossible and steered me into believing it was merely a overflow of the track and therefore he drilled an additional weephole. This year the problem was obvious since the water was streaming down the inside of the window from the top which indicated the installation problem. I made the observation that had the tech listened to what I said last year, perhaps he could have come up with a different scenerio as to why there was water on the inside. I agree I didn't point out to him that the water was leaking from the top, but then again, it wasn't when I looked at them. As I said, we are not specialists, so how would I have known what was causing the leaking. Again, I think there should have been better communication.

Janet Timme Gresham, OR

I am so fortunate to have stayed in my home where I had Milgard windows installed throughout the house. Twenty two years later I've had some seals break on a few windows and was able to take advantage of the lifetime warranty. The window I had to replace today was my front picture window. The installer was professional and friendly and made short work of the replacement. I am so pleased with the new window! Thank you so much Milgard!

Daniel Williams Mount Hermon, CA

It was great! I called the service department about a failed balancer in one of a houseful of windows we replaced a number of years ago. The service rep agreed to send me two new matching balancers, and, since I told her I could do the replacement myself, she said I would be receiving an Amazon gift card voucher in an email. The parts arrived yesterday and fit perfectly!

Andrew Safir La Mesa, CA

Apparently, there was a bad batch of coating on Milgard windows when ours were installed in 2006 in our San Diego home. Over the years, the windows fogged up and we finally got around to calling Milgard about them in 2018. They came, verified, and then replaced all the affected windows at no charge. The installers even noticed the problem beginning in a window we did not mention, reported, and then returned to replace it. Talk about an excellent guarantee and service—they didn’t talk about it, they delivered!

Michael Krempelywmdkmilgard01 Lincoln, CA

I have Milgard windows and sliding glass doors on my home and two other buildings. They are well designed and quality that lasts. The best part is the warranty. More than 20 years later I needed service on the sliding glass door rollers. I called and scheduled them to come out. They installed new rollers and adjusted everything and now it works like new. That is the kind of company I want to deal with. Best thing...no charge. Mike Krempely

Carol L Richardson Murrieta, CA

I had to have a window replaced 15 years after it was installed. Double pane was getting condensation. I called, they had my information on file, ordered a new window and set up appt. to install when it came in. Installer was very courteous and did a great job with the installation. No mess, and he moved furniture back in place. Everything went seamless. THANKS