Milgard

7.8

Susan Heller Snohomish, WA

My service tech (Martin A.) was wonderful! He arrived on time, very professional & friendly, and completed his work quickly and without leaving a big mess. The only thing I would suggest as an opportunity for improvement was to improve the time it took to get the replacement parts and set up the appointment for the repairs.

Greg Escondido, CA

Millgaurd stands behind their products for life. After 35 years of enjoying their beauty and security I had a window fog up and it was replaced quickly no questions asked. They are the best. Sincerely Greg Schmid

Peter Wayson San Diego, CA

Bobby, the technician who repaired my window did a quick and thorough job, giving me some good feedback about the windows themselves and even checking my other Milgard windows to be sure they were functioning properly

Dennis Rohr Fox Island, WA

Outstanding service. Technician was extremely polite, on time, answered my questions with a high degree of knowledge and professionalism, and did a great job in replacing my window. Outstanding customer service.

Roger William Stichman Newberg, OR

Your technician was on time, very knowledgeable of his task, kept his work area clean and was very fast. A real gentleman that would be welcome in our home under any circumstances.

cathy Los Angeles, CA

It was very easy to deal with Milgard customer service for my window repair. The appointment was scheduled, the technician was timely, and the repair was quick and easy. Great experience!

Ed Mukilteo, WA

The two delivered windows had different style vent's installed. The customer service lady was very nice and sent out two new vents to ensure I had two of the same style. Very polite and helpful. Love the windows.

James B Griffiin Santa Cruz, CA

7 years after my purchase of Milgard windows, one of them developed a broken seal between the double panes. A call to the warranty department was all it took to have someone come out and replace the glass. Very nice.

Heather D Roark Denver, CO

The service man was wonderful. He arrived early, which was fantastic. He offered suggestions, which worked. He was courteous and was willing to go the extra mile to make sure we were happy. Thank you!

Joyce Wise Woodland Hills, CA

Please be advised your sliding glass door is beautiful, but the screen attached to it is defective and 3 weeks have passed since you installed the door and still you have not replaced it with a good screen door. Please deliver to me a good screen door.

Reply from Milgard

Hi Joyce - Sorry to hear about the delay on the screen door. Can you please email me at so I can help? Thank you.

Mar. 7th, 2018

Grace Kravac

One glass panel was scratched and the weatherstripping was too short so there was a gap at the bottom of the patio doors. The door handle had to be replaced as some of the paint was scratched off. As a result two service calls were required to rectify. The first call the technician was not prepared and had to return to fix the problem. Do you no check the material before it is shipped? .

Reply from Milgard

Hello Grace - Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. We take customer feedback very seriously. If you can email me at , I'd like to get your address so I can find out which location manufactured your product and provide input to the quality department. Thank you.

Mar. 1st, 2018

Phil Kropelnicki

I've built a number of houses and have been happy with Milgard each time I've used them. The pricing is competitive with lesser quality products. Milgard's quality has been good and the warranty service, when we have had a problem, has been very good even years down the road.

Lanette Rasmussen Prineville, OR

Nice, efficient young man Took just a few minutes

wayne swanson Eagle, ID

I buy nothing but milgard window,they last and h;ave the best warrenty ever

Jo Lars Pleasant Grove, UT

Windows are one of those things that you don't think too much about once they are installed and doing their job. My Milgard windows are 10 years old. They still open and close easily. They offer UV protection to my furnishings. They are well insulated. They are stylish. Great product!

L Nehls Boardman, OR

Great service. Service tech replaced slider door panel in no time. Very satisfied.

Debbie Favale Beaverton, OR

Vitilay was very helpful and put all the screens in for me. I really appreciated his help.

Ronald B Stahl Castro Valley, CA

Great warranty. The technician did a fantastic job fixing the windows and service was great

Scott Bradley Vancouver, WA

Technician arrived on time and was finished with installing my replacement window in less than 10 minutes

Linda Sorensen Tillamook, OR

Issue resolved. Technician also devices the door and checked entire door over. Very polite and on time with a mask on.

Jimmy tang Sacramento, CA

Great customer service. Like they were here when they said they were installed a new window in kitchen an was very pleased with it .

WiRay American Fork, UT

Millard has a great warranty and I will likely use them again. Some of the quality isn’t as good as higher priced windows but I’ll use them again for the warranty.

Delwin Stern Kalispell, MT

Good customer service. Must wait too long for service after service request. Must be short handed. Overall, very good service from a very good service representative

Terry J De Vore Vancouver, WA

Great company to work with and an outstanding warranty on their windows. Installer was actually 30 minutes early for appointment and was very efficient.

Braukmann Beaverton, OR

On time. Professional and pleasant to speak to. Very fast job but you could tell they cared about safety. You can be very proud of this 2 man crew! Thank you Milgard!!

Cymry Reardon Beaverton, OR

The technician wasn't able to resolve the issue since it was something the previous owner did, but he showed me how to remove the pane, and what needs to be done. He was very nice.

John R Busch Baker City, OR

The service was provided during the scheduled appointment time, and was completed in a professional manner. The service technicians were professional and friendly.

Jessica Portland, OR

The communication was responsive and quick. The people who arrived to service our window were timely, friendly and helpful . All was greatly appreciated.

elizabeth mueller Salem, OR

They are very helpful when I have a problem. The service technician is always very professional, friendly and considerate to keep from bringing any dirt into the house.

sharon Portland, OR

technician was able to come earlier than scheduled for my appt. Completed the job in 20 minutes. Replaced the screens and locked the windows. Great job.

Tim Lynnwood, WA

Easy to set up over the phone. Scheduled technician in just a few days. Guy showed up on time and had the door adjusted to my satisfaction and did it quickly.

Robert Fredericks Klamath Falls, OR

WELL IT WAS MORE BAD THAN GOOD..THE FIELD REP HAD TO COME OUT HERE 4 DIFFERENT TIMES TO FINALLY GET THE SCREENS ISSUE RESOLVED WHEN IN THE FIRST CASE IT SHOULD NOT HAVE EVER BEEN AN ISSUE IF THEY SCREENS WERE BUILT CORRECTLY FROM THE FACTORY

Reply from Milgard

Hello - I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble with your screens. I understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. I will take your feedback and share it with the plant that manufactured your order. If you need additional service, please let me know at social(at)milgard(dot)com. Thank you.

Mar. 31st, 2020

kathleen JENNINGS Bainbridge Island, WA

While the appointment making system is pretty iffy, the service staff are excellent in arriving on time, calling when near the house, and getting things done right. The lifetime warranty is worth its weight in gold.

Spencer Nelson Snoqualmie, WA

Fast and friendly warranty coverage has made me a Milgard fan and loyal customer! It really does make a huge difference and you just dont find it much anymore.

Nanette Shapiro Yorba Linda, CA

Best service call experience I've ever had. Rudy O was friendly, knowledgeable and very efficient. He identified the issue immediately and had it fixed with 10 minutes.

Joe Irvine, CA

Very pleased with the service provided to resolve the issue. Men were personal and professional and did a thorough job and explained the process of worked being performed.

Phil Ives

I bought 10 windows through an installer. The installer did fantastic work, but the windows were flawed from the start. One had a big blob of glue on it. One had scratches on the coating all around the edges. One had bubbled up trim. One was missing spring clips on the screen. Four of them had the incorrect opening mechanism for the casement windows. The French doors had screens on either side which fit the openings, but the latching pins did not align with the holes. That was only the start of the problems. Milgard took care of the scratched window pronto. That was easy. All the other problems took months of coming and going. The service techs (all of whom were nice and seemed to care) took care of one problem at a time. Milgard claims the glue wasn't their problem, even though it came that way from the factory. When they replaced the casement opening mechanism, the windows then jammed in the open position. Multiple service visits followed before it became obvious that Milgard had accepted an order for incompatible window size and window opening mechanisms. Not only did they accept the order, but they built the windows and delivered them, but not with the mechanisms ordered. The bubbled trim took 3 visits to repair, because each tech would note the problem, but six weeks later when the next tech showed up, they did not have the proper materials to fix the problem. By the way, it always takes 6 weeks between service visits. Milgard has no idea how to speed up their process, even if it has been over a year since the windows were ordered (as were ours) and they still are not correct. The screens for the windows next to the French doors were finally corrected when our installer gave up on Milgard and hired a local screen service to custom build screens to fit the holes in the frame. That was one year into the game. Apparently Milgard put the holes for the latch pins in the wrong position, so when the screens were made by their outside supplier, they always had the pins in the "wrong" location relative to the holes in the door frame. They never did get it right. Milgard kept claiming that they had spoken to us and arranged a service call (there were dozens) when they had never contacted us. Maybe they were calling the wrong number?? It finally came to the point where my wife was so disgusted with Milgard, that she would hang up the phone on them if they called her, so all the dealings had to go through me. I'm not thrilled with them, but someone has to babysit them through their problems. Meanwhile, my wife tells everyone not to buy from Milgard. Nothing but a headache. Amazingly enough, the windows seem to be well built and perform well. Nevertheless, it has been about a year and a half now, and the final problems are not resolved. It is not likely that we will ever buy anything from Milgard again.

Reply from Milgard

Hi Phil - first of all, let me say that I was so sorry to read about your experience. This should not have occurred. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us your story so we can make improvements. Second, I want to ensure that we have finally repaired everything to your satisfaction. Can you please email me at with your contact information? Thank you.

Nguyen Hillsboro, OR

Every single person from scheduler to installer was professional and easy to work with. Friendly tech took care of our issues and kept the work areas clean . I will recommend Milgard to anyone who need windows.

Randy Anderson Granite Bay, CA

The repairman was vary professional . He asked me if there was anything else I needed help with. He did a good job replacing a bad window in a short period of time.

Gloria Rashti Mill Valley, CA

It took 6 months to finally get my windows replaced. I got my appointment cancelled 3 times on the day of the potential installment. I am not a happy camper! On the better side of things you have a wonderful technician Glen who has been the tech that I have worked with the most. He's great. Very knowledgeable and courteous and a pleasure to have in my home.

Reply from Milgard

Hi Gloria - I'm pleased to hear that Glen provided exemplary service on your visit and sorry that the service appointment was delayed. We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with this feedback. Thank you.

Constance Ann Fox Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

The two agents (one was Nick) where professional and personable. Did a great job in a timely manner. Excellent Service in the replacement of the window.

Jeffrey Robinow Clayton, CA

The windows were installed by the contractor 10/2017 during a full kitchen remodel. About April 2018 the crank arm separated from the casement window. It took until September to get a technician to come fix it. It took 2 min Intial request for service started in May 2018. Months went by and early August a great guy from sales came out to do face time and make a service recovery He I credit with getting a quicker turn around for an appointement Lastly. I received an email 2 days before the appointment that tells me the tech will be there between 0800 and 10am. I received a call the night before Saying he’d be there at 230-430pm WTF. Your systems are broke. It’s time to shut it down and. Revamp from the bottom up. Or maybe the TOP needs to leave

Reply from Milgard

Hi Jeffrey - We appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your experience. We are always looking for ways to improve and will share this feedback with our service team. Thank you again.

Marietta Daedelow Huntington Beach, CA

Great experience as always. Not only did he replace my window glass he replaced the springs in one of my windows. Excellent customer service and awesome service techs!

John Behnke Fullerton, CA

I waited two weeks for a technician to come out three technician showed up to in training one instructor the doors worked fine when they left a day later the door still doesn’t lock don’t wanna wait another two weeks and call back so I’ll just deal with it

Reply from Milgard

Hi John - I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you've experienced with your door. If you would like to have a technician come back out, please contact us at 1-800-Milgard. Thank you.

Sep. 17th, 2018

Dave Seattle, WA

The window replacement arrived in time. It was the wrong size. I measured it the first time, they did not think it was right. They sent out a tech who measured it. The window still did not fit.

Barry Thom Seattle, WA

We have bought Milgard windows in the past because the customer service after the purchase has always been top notch. In most cases the problem was the owner not the window

BEV MOORE Oak Park, CA

Great service ,same service tech had been here before on a different problem. Gave good advice and was well informed on the product. I believe is name was Mark

Victoria Gilroy, CA

Milgard’s service and professionalism was outstanding from the phone representative to the on-site repairman. So glad we chose a product we know will be supported.

Gary Scott Huntington Beach, CA

The technician showed up on time, was very neat and clean and did an excellent job. I was impressed by his professionalism, and his attention to detail.

Victoria Seabold Oxnard, CA

Warranty repair of one window. Perfect fit, expertly done. Job was completed in less the 15 minutes. Could not have been done better. Glad I have Milgard windows .