Best Company Guarantee Quicken Loans Logo

Quicken Loans

7.9

Joel Kelly Raleigh, NC

Easy to work with and very fast process.

Lisa C Smyrna, DE

Overall, Quicken was a really good mortgage company. They were extremely quick with closing (about 4 weeks) and they were really good with keeping updated. My only problem was when we were purchasing our home in Delaware, we were given conflicting information regarding purchasing after retirement and it caused us to lose our dream home. In the end, it helped us to purchase in cash; now, we have no mortgage- maybe that wasn't such a bad conflict. As a warning, I'd say, "confirm in writing and we'll in advance with Quicken."

Heidi Grosowky Cleveland, OH

My loan officer made everything easy and simple. I refinanced over the phone and via email, with only 1 in-person meeting with the closing officer at a Panera restaurant. She answered all questions and the online screens and process is easy to follow. I did not have any technical glitches.

Dave Brown Richmond, VA

From beginning till closing, Quicken made the process so less stressful than other companies I have dealt with. They gave me options to make the most out of my refinance that benefited both of us, not just Quicken. They thoroughly answered all of the questions that I had too.

dave wineland Sulphur Springs, TX

when I purchased my home, they were able to close the loan from start to finish in under a month. many places needed at least 2. there was daily follow-up and communication. since then (16 mos) they have followed-up several times regarding refinancing. i'm presently waiting an updated calculation of the numbers! I'd recommend them for purchase or refi and they are competitive with rates and products.

Sharon Shaw Macomb, MI

I can't praise quicken loans enough I am so glad I have this mortgage company throughout my life I've had mortgage companies that sold my mortgages again and again and that does not happen with quicken loans plus it's very easy to deal with a company very easy to make my payments the customer services the best around

Vicky C Worsham Powhatan, VA

I've used Quicken Loans for 3 different homes. At different times. They make the mortgage process so easy. They have a checklist and a time table so you know what and when something will happen. The agent stays in touch on a regular basis with updates and reminders.

Andrew Hyde ,

I have used Quicken for several loans and refinances over the last few years. They have the easiest home buying process in the business. They are willing to do what it takes to make sure that you know your business is valuable to them.

Kimberly Maddock Pleasant Grove, UT

My husband and I decided to go with Quicken Loans to help us refinance our home. Their customer service and support helped us figure out the numbers for our refinance and we were able to save thousands of dollars over the life of our loan.

Shane Chatsworth, GA

Very easy process, kept up to date on every step, proceed was very timely and efficient

Imogene Densmore Villa Rica, GA

Tariq T was amazing. Explained everything so well and told us what to expect. I would highly recommend him!!

Cody Freeman MA

Everything worked out great. The process was easy and was finished promptly. Jeff was my loan officer and he was a great help. Thank you!

Katrina Schuller Phoenix, AZ

Very thorough and quick. Wasn't my first rodeo with a loan place. It was nice he knew what he was doing and we were in and out. Ty

Patricia McLatcher Waterford, MI

Very easy to work with everyone was very knowledgeable, personable and friendly. The computer work was very easy really no issues.

OG West Palm Beach, FL

The process was relatively quick, simple and easy. The loan originator was really professional and explained everything if I had questions.

Scott Parker Seattle, WA

This is my second refinance with Rocket lowering my interest rate over 3 percent! Couldn't be happier with this company.

Tammy Massey Eastpointe, MI

It started out kind of stressful, but as time went on the agents that were involved answered all of our questions. And keep great communication with our realtor.

TommyD Camp Hill, PA

Everything went without a hitch. Everyone I interacted with was professional, courteous and competent. Bravo to all that I dealt with. I couldn’t be more impressed.

Kelley Caudell Forest Grove, OR

It has been good so far. I wish they had gotten current figures for the loan consolidation on my credit cards. I was able to receive a discount on my closing costs and it has helped with paying my bills completely off. I really appreciate all their hard work and now I get to enjoy life a little more worry free.

Bob G Milford, CT

Amazing job from beginning to closing. Very professional & knowledgeable. The representative I dealt with RYAN Z was excellent to deal with. Thank you Rocket Mortgage! Bob G

Matthew Long Sharpsburg, GA

Terrible. Delayed our closing because they didn't get all the paperwork done in time. They kept asking for more paperwork and our closing was delayed then we had to pay for storage units, extra moving expenses, hotels, etc. And they said they would cover this and then didn't. I will never use them again. They also delayed another friend of mine by doing the same thing. Then when we called to discuss reimbursement which they promised they had our address wrong, kind of concerning considering we pay them over $1400 a month and they can't even record the correct address, yet they have no problem sending a bill in the mail each month. Terrible organization all around.

Mitch Travis Castle Rock, CO

The fact that the company contacted me to save me money and interest is a major plus. If there is one thing that I think is a bit high, it is the closing costs.

Alfred Heard Tallassee, AL

I was very pleased with my results. Was skeptical at first since I had bad experience with other loan companies. You kept your word and made it happen.

Hermes Lanza Mankato, MN

They have a great system that allows to make the process super easy and fast, their team is very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I recommend it one hundred percent!!

Penny Deluca Richmond, VA

Quick completion on refinancing our home. Great hospitality/customer service. Always responded in a timely manner and kept me updated along the process

Debbie Chicago Heights, IL

Everyone was kind and knowledgeable. Even when I fell short I was always reassured of my progress. It was a nice experience with Quicken Loans. Thank you

Scott Kathman Minneapolis, MN

Very nice people to work with they made the whole process very understanding and easy. Any questions I had during the process they responded very quickly

Lisa Bowling Green, KY

I was working with Patrick L. I was issued a letter of approval I found a home all on my own and did everything with no help from the realtor they paired me with. I was directed to get a cashiers check for $1,000 and take it to the owner for them to take the house off the market and then at the last minute they want to say that something on my credit is an issue after I paid the owner the $1,000 so I then went and settled the issue on my credit for $3,000 and then I was unable to reach Patrick after that. I put complete trust in this company and in the end all they did was waste my time and my money and I’m still looking for a place to live because I wasted my time thinking this was a sure thing and my lease is about to be up. I have a child and this man knew all of this me still did this to me. Good luck to anyone who actually needs help and had some credit issues because I was done so wrong!

Pamela Taylor Saint Clair Shores, MI

Excellent experience Patrick T. was very professional and was their if I needed him. Would recommend him highly. The entire experience went very smooth and fast.

Tanya Vaughn-Patterson Loxahatchee Groves, FL

Our experience was wonderful!!! The Ian officer, Courtney A. kept us informed every step of the way. It was a pleasure working with her. The made the process seem less.

Tim Maurstad Newfolden, MN

Great people very well informed. Helped me get where I wanna be with my mortgage. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ For customer service. Recommend to all my family and friends. Thanks again

Manuel Palacio Salem, OR

Quicken Loans provided the most rewarding experience in refinancing our home. it was simple and with no hazel. The closing was painless and quick. Thanks Quicken Loans

David Simpson Grove, OK

Account service people were very helpful, saved us thousands of dollars on our house refi. Took care of everything through the mail and over the phone. Closing handled locally. Great experience.

Jose Fullerton, CA

Quick and easy. Everything went smoothly and was taken through all the steps very effortlessly. Got each and every step was explained very well. Thank you hope to work with you again.

Teshia Los Angeles, CA

My experience started off great. I e refinanced 2 homes. 1 already closed the other is moving rather slowly with no communication from agent. My agent has sent over documents several times, even uploaded to site. Still just pending. But not even so much as a call from quicken.

ALICIA MILLER Columbus, OH

Literally the worst customer service and lack of financial knowledge ever! The "professionals" will not return phone calls or emails timely - most likely at some point you will also get hung up on. You will provide 18 months of documentation - to include cancelled checks and deposit tickets (wow!) - to then be told you haven't provided enough documentation. They possess no knowledge of state laws regarding self employment. If you are looking to refi less than 25% the value of your home and you have sufficient assets to more than cover and have an excellent credit rating go elsewhere. You will be wasting 8 weeks and still have no loan because you will ultimately give up and look elsewhere and quite honestly, get results in a few weeks!

Cathy Richmond Alamogordo, NM

I found the whole refinancing process to have been very easy in this not so easy time. Always returned my messages and answered my question was very pleased with service.

chris godfrey Richmond, VA

It was very fast and fairly simple. No inspections were required and I even had the option to keep cash out. I would highly recommend based on my experience

Larry Katy, TX

It was a smooth transaction that went pretty good. There was a couple times their was a lack of communications on Quicken Loans side, but in the end all work out.

RUBY IBANEZ CUSTODIO Tracy, CA

communications was excellent, made me feel special every time I talked or asked question with Samer of Detroit, Michigan regarding the update on our loan.

Richard Zimmer Metairie, LA

This was my 2nd time and for good reason. Quicken/Rocket has an easy system with great support. My project manager Miranda was spot on and set reasonable expectations.

Emiliano Sironvalle ,

Bad company… avoid it.. a nightmare…high cost.. I had 3 different executives to just move my paperwork and to find an approval lender, I did change my closing date for another 45 days (the first person didn’t know that an approval and closing for a condo was 45 days according to supervisor) finally the third executive did a great job getting the approval from the lender so I did the inspection report and the appraisal, everything was ready for the second closing date. Later on, I was told that the HOA did not have enough reserve funds so the operation failed (why they don’t do this critical point at the beginning and not at the end of the process?) I lost 76 days and money (appraisal and inspection report), they mislead customer with their advertisement… they are not faster…they charge you more through the discount points..

Michael Kolk Hopkins Park, IL

Company doesn't work in your best interest. they scam you into a good loan quote but if you are refinancing with them they will charge you unnecessary FEES to make sure they are making a profit. When Covid first came out, the Loan Brokers were calling my place of work every day annoying the Company and me. found out their true colors when just recently, a contracted COVID. They immediately demanded more unnecessary paper work to stall the process. Claiming I do not have a job. I SHOULD HAVE LEARN FROM THE FIRST RE FINANCE. I had to have surgery and was on workman's comp, STIILL GETTING PAYED. They made me go through all kinds of crap having me have my employer Document and verify my employment even though I was still under employment, just on FMLA. What the heck does backed by JD Power and Associates mean Check into it! NOTHING !!!! This another one of those companies that advertise on TV and do nothing for you. WONDER HOW THEY PAY FOR ALL THAT ADVERTISING!!!!!!!

James Barker Aberdeen, NC

2020 Home Mortgage Quicken Loans Home: Cameron, NC ($297,000) Offer accepted: 9.25.2020 Earnest Money: $2,500 Contact date with Quicken Loans: 10.9.2020 DO NOT USE QUICKEN LOANS. MUTLIPLE ISSUES INCLUDING, 1) LACK OF COMMUNICATION 2) NO ORDER OR PRIORITIES 3) NO ACCOUNTABILITY To whom it may concern, Buyers beware! Quicken Loans is not as efficient as you’re lead to believe by their adds. We did the mock quote using their website late September. That same day our cell phones started blowing up with 4 to 6 calls a day soliciting our business even though I indicated we didn’t want to be contacted at that moment (weighing our options and reviews on several mortgage companies). On first contact with Quicken Loans was with Keith J, our assigned loan officer. First contact was professional. He gave an initial rundown of what he needed to get us qualified for the loan. We advised him we wanted to use my VA loan option. We submitted the requested documents and generated an account for our mortgage through the Rocket Mortgage portal. Upon generating an account for both my wife and I on the Rocket Mortgage site, we noticed immediately an extensive list of to-do’s and documents to upload. The documents that were being requested were the same documents we had just sent to the loan officer. We called and spoke with Keith to confirm if we needed to upload the same documents. We were advised he would take care of this and then to log into our account and sign the application and disclosures. We did as advised and the very first we noticed was the application is/was for an FHA loan, not a VA Loan. We reached back out to our loan officer, who in turn handed our packet off to another specialist within Quicken Loans on 10.12.2020. The financial specialist reached out to my cell phone and email 10.13.2020 and I returned her call. However, we were unable to link up for a few days. I made several attempts to call her on her direct line and left a voice message each time asking to be reached prior to 5 p.m. On two occasions following my voice mail, I was called after 5 pm. I was finally able to speak with the financial specialist who advised me on what debt I needed to liquidate in order to get a better rating for our VA loan. It took roughly 1 week to move the money and get the request letters from the creditors. At this point, I emailed the financial specialist back the requested documents. 2 Days later we received news our VA loan application was approved and that we needed to talk with the original loan officer (10.30.2020). Our closing costs were around $7700 at this point. At this point, our seller started to get anxious as we didn’t have a closing date. Our seller asked us to get a “Letter of Commitment” from our mortgage company. We put in several phone calls (Voicemail because we couldn’t get our loan officer on the phone) and email requests to obtain this letter. From 30 October 2020 to 16 November my wife and I talked/emailed/texted 4 different people with Quicken Loans about getting a Letter of Commitment to finally be told you don’t get the letter until everything is completed/finalized for the full mortgage. Also, that information didn’t come from our loan officer, but a cohort within Quicken Loans. Also, during this same time period, we received two emails (11.5.2020 and 11.12.2020). The first email was addressed to the “SELLER” advising us of the risk of lead-based paint. Why did it come addressed to the seller but we’re the client? The second email was another person within Quicken Loans, whom we’ve never had contact with nor were we notified by our loan officer about, asking for documents we had already signed the month earlier. First week of November Keith J told us to wet sign the documents and upload them to our Rocket Mortgage account, which we did. A week later Ezik D contacts us asking why we haven’t signed our application. I informed him that we wet signed the documents and then uploaded to our account. He asked us why did we just not sign them electronically. I advised him that Keith told us to wet sign them and upload them. At that point we went back into our account and electronically signed the application. Two days later Ezik calls again asking us to electronically sign the documents. WE HAVE SIGNED THEM TWICE AT THIS POINT. Every time we tried to sign electronically it would not show up on their end as signed. Ezik then emailed copies of the documents for us to wet sign and then email back to him. This whole signing the application went on for almost a week and we signed 4 times. The following day, the Quicken Loans rep let us know it was good and he was sending the packet back to underwriting. On 16 November we received an email from underwriting who let us know in order to have a closing date of 12.4.2020 we would need to complete our To-Do’s list in the Rocket Mortgage portal. My wife and I were dumbfounded at this moment, as we both had been in the portal not 20 minutes before receiving the email and there was nothing there. Every time we asked Keith if we needed to address any of the “To Do’s” he said not to worry about it he had everything. This obviously was not the case. We did need to address all the items in our “To Do” The other item my underwriter needed was a detailed explanation of all my allotments I have on my retirement pay. I provided this information to Keith previously and again supplied it to my underwriter. Middle of November now. While reviewing the information on our Rocket Mortgage account my wife noticed our closing cost had increased $2,000 since we signed the same paper work not more than a week earlier. I tried reaching out to Keith via phone and email for an explanation. At this point he stopped all communication with us. We never heard from him again since November 4th. Now we are assigned to Nicole A . I asked her why the increase in closing cost and she stated our LOAN OFFICER DID NOT LOCK OUR LOAN. Nicole jumped on it and had it locked at that; however, our closing costs still remained $2000 more. Needless to say, my wife and I are fuming at this point. Another fact, why did our closing costs increase when the national federal mortgage rates were still declining. Explanation???? At this point, we asked Nicole if the VA Appraisal had been ordered. She said it had not and that she was putting the request in (11.13.2020) and this would be one of the last pieces to complete besides the title work. Nicole advised the appraisal projected completion date was 11/22/2020. She also stated she saw notes that the appraisal may also be completed via desktop because of COVID. The sellers breathing down our necks for the appraisal to be completed. So now we have no idea if the appraiser was physically going to the home or just completing the appraisal from his/her office. Because the seller is so frustrated as well with all these delays, she has now stated that she is adamant about not moving the closing date again. December 4th is now our official deadline. I informed Nicole of this and she noted the file. We checked with Nicole on 11.23.2020 to see if the appraisal had been completed yet. She replied that the appraiser hadn’t been able to reach the seller to set up an appointment. We asked the underwriter what phone number they had for the seller, she stated, “(800)------,”. A full week went by at this point and they had the wrong number for the seller, which we supplied to Keith and Marcus S previously. Again, this shows the serious lack of communication within the organization. We then gave the correct phone number for the seller to the Nicole. Our next check was Friday, November 27 to find out if the appraiser was able to reach the seller and set up the appointment. Nicole informed us that the appraisal was scheduled for Wednesday, November 25th. We texted the seller who confirmed that she had let the appraisal team in to complete the inspection. The appraiser told the seller that the appraisal would be completed and submitted any plenty of time to meet the December 4th closing date. Our next contact with Nicole was Tuesday, December 1st inquiring if they had heard back from the appraisal team. Nicole states “She is working with the management company to see if the appraiser is able to submit the report in ASAP today (Dec 1st) to try to meet the closing date of December 4th”. She was waiting to hear back and will let us know any new updates. Next contact to Nicole was Wednesday, December 2nd inquiring about the appraisal. Nicole states “The management company reached out to the appraiser to get an update” She was not showing they heard back yet. She sent another follow up that morning. Morning of 3 December 2020, my wife texts Nicole again and receives a delayed response from someone named Adam on behalf of Nicole. At this point we know we are not closing on December 4th. Adam states “I can adjust the target closing date to 12/7 for now. In order to close on 12/7, we would need to have the full clear to close by 11am December 4th in order to close on 12/7”. He stated that they have reached out requesting an update with appraisal but not showing that a response has been received as of yet. He then asks if I am able to call the regional VA loan center. They would be able to check on the appraisal and request an update directly from the appraiser. They require the Veteran submit the request. Adam gives us no direction on how to contact the VA Loan Center. No phone number and no information that we would need to request the status of the appraisal. I find the phone number myself to the VA Loan Center and call trying to get the status of this appraisal only to find out they need a “CASE NUMBER” to look it up. They informed me that our Mortgage Company has this “CASE NUMBER”. Way to go Adam for not giving us this information when he asked “ME” to reach out to the VA Loan Center. My wife then texts Nicole again asking for the “CASE NUMBER” ASAP! Half an hour goes by and no response from Nicole which was very odd since she always responded within just a few minutes of my wife texting her. My wife then calls Nicole’s line to expedite obtaining the “CASENUMBER”. She gets Nicole’s voicemail only to find out she is on vacation from Wednesday, December 2 through Wednesday, December 9th. Nicole had knowledge of our December 4th closing date. My wife presses 0 to speak with another specialist. She talks to Jessica who gave her the “CASE NUMBER” we need. She quickly passes this off to me. Ten minutes later my wife receives a text from Al stating he is helping out Nicole and that he is not showing that a “CASE NUMBER” has been received yet. COMMUNICATION IS SERIOUSLY LACKING!!! I called the VA Loan Center and now we have to wait 24 hours. I texted the seller to let her know we would not be closing on December 4th. She is obviously frustrated especially when she was told from the appraiser that it would be completed in plenty of time. I don’t know if she was feeling empathy for us, but we were able to push the closing date to Wednesday, October 9th. My wife left a message on her Rocket Mortgage account updating the closing date.

James Myers Fort Wayne, IN

After three years of on time payments with Quicken and many successful refinances. I still have a late payment history with them. I have reached out asking what options I have since I am unable to make payments until I start to receive my VA Disability benefits. I have talked to many people who told me that I could not do anything. Who was I to know that was a lie? I am a first time home owner and did not know any better. The VA has agreements or options for helping people in my situation. Quicken Loans, who has been in business for more than thirty years and has been involved with many VA secured loans. Claimed ineptitude and cognitive dissonance to any remedy to help. The company seemed most concerned to get their money and make it unlikely for me to seek out securing a loan from any other bank or competitor. When I did make payments I paid up to two thousand dollars a month to catch up as quickly as possible. The VA could have facilitated this repayment plan or found a way for payment assist. Quicken was less than helpful with this up until a few days before I started to receive my disability benefits. Benefits that I used to pay past due payments and get the account up to date. A company such as Quicken, that has the slogan of 'engineered to amaze' has done some great things to help. Just as long as you make payments. If you do not... sorry we can't help.

Robert Jernigan Baird, TX

I am on day 143 of my loan. The loan is for $260,000 and it appraises for $550,000. Everything has been done including the survey, now after 140+ days I am being told that they need more documents. I have been approved 3 times then they say oh wait we need this and this. This is not my first rodeo I have refinanced before, but Quicken loans keeps stalling hoping to find something they can change or cancel the loan. They do not do what they say and for as far as I am concerned, they are using false advertisement. I think they just bring on new clients to be able to look good for their investors. By the way my credit score was 800+ when this all started.

Nando Houston, TX

Quicken loans is by far the worst mortgage company out there. They promise you the best rates ever but you never get to start with them. After getting all the loan information they need they'll just ask for more and more. By the time you get everything they need they would just pull the plug on the whole loan and back off. Very unprofessional, the company needs to be sued for all the private information they have recieved from customers. Would never trust them for anything Ever again. My advise: Stay Away!!! They will promise you the best rates but If it's too good to be true its definitely not true with this company.

amy carr Manderson, SD

We applied for a house loan in April, it was on a new build, so it was to switch over from construction loan to home loan. We were pre-approved quickly. We sent everything in promptly as required. From the start they kept asking us for the same things over and over. And in July we got a payoff from the bank and then they couldn’t set a closing date because they kept needing the same things over and over and then too much time would pass, and they would need another payoff. Then there were at least 5 more payoff dates, but they wouldn’t set a closing date. “Oh, we need your bank statements again, ETC. Closing costs kept escalating and then suddenly they needed us to have another $6,000 in the bank on top of closing. They kept asking for statements from a 2nd mortgage. We told them from the start there was no second mortgage. Apparently there is no internal communication. Then they said we hadn’t made our house payment. We said again and again we didn’t have a house payment, because the bank was waiting on closing as it was switching from a building loan to a house loan. AND IN FACT, we had already settled that matter BEFORE the closing date was set. So finally, they set a closing date and then AFTER setting a closing date they say, “Oh wait, we got a flag saying you haven’t made your house payment.” The bank loan officer even talked to them and told them we didn’t have one to make yet and were not behind. So then it took them another 2 weeks and then they denied the loan, because they said we were behind on house payments that we didn’t have. This was the worst experience ever. It took 6 MONTHS to get turned down. We had passed a final inspection. There was no communication between people there, so they kept having to ask stuff and ask for stuff over and over. If it weren’t for a guy named David that helped us, we’d still be sitting here waiting. He was very helpful and tried his best, but the underwriters were just horrible. So, when it went beyond David after the denial and on to an appeal, they had the facts of the circumstances and still turned us down. IF I COULD GIVE NO STARS I WOULD! To make a long story short, I know they have some good reviews, but I see a lot of bad ones from people with the same issues. They simply cannot handle anything besides a plain old basic run of the mill loan. They couldn't figure out that we didn't have house payments, that it was a construction loan, and we didn't have a home equity line of credit or a 2nd mortgage. This was an FHA loan, and we were recently told by another loan place you can't get that type for what we were applying for-If you have a building loan and are switching to a home loan, with some other stuff that were particular to our loan circumstance. We suspect that somewhere along the way, after we were months into this someone figured that out (we didn't know it- we're not loan experts) that they weren't supposed to do this kind of loan, and they waited until we hadn't made a house payment to the bank over 60 days, and then used a false flag to deny so no one got into any trouble that works there. You should run the other way if you are getting a loan for anything other than a basic easy transaction.

Enrique Garcia El Paso, TX

This BS company calls itself a ROCKET mortgage But is it ROCKET because it crashes on you?? Beware of the BS that this company spews. I started 4 loans with them back in June and my wife's and my credit score was over 700. They promised great rates and a fast close. Well the promised rate was good BUT the close rate.... FORGET IT. They asked for redundant tons of paperwork (which they got almost immediately) and continued to ask for more until they pulled the plug on all my loans!!! Now I have NOTHING from them and they have ALL our financial information and then some. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNREALIABLE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. Lesson learned, if it's to good to be true, more than likely it is. Rocket is for the way they crash and deliver NOTHING.

STEVEN KIRSCH Ottawa, IL

Their customer service was unacceptable! My mortgage rep (Manny) failed to return my phone calls in a timely fashion. Two days to return calls is unacceptable. They where slow obtaining the final paperwork from the Title company which caused my closing date to be extended 3 times. My real estate lawyer warned me ahead of time about using Quicken (Rocket Mortgage). When I did get the final Closing Disclosure it had my homeowner's insurance and property taxes going into escrow which I told Manny up front I did not want! When I finally got ahold of him via phone he told me there would be a $500 fee to change the escrow. Why should I pay for his mistake?! I would give this company zero stars if it was an option!!!