Best Company Guarantee Quicken Loans Logo

Quicken Loans

7.9

Eva Holmes Denver, CO

My husband did most of the work. But I was kept informed every step of the way by the company. The transaction moved swiftly and smoothly. NO SURPRISES.

Robert Wilson Columbus, OH

I can’t say enough great words about my experience!!! I’m very pleased You guys did all the work for me. Great Company!!! Will tell all my friends!!!

Amir Abtahi Porto, 13

The same attributes that give Quicken Loans a great edge with automated procedures such as streamlined application processes and advanced online communication, also make quicken Loans/Rocket the absolute worst entity for dealing with items that AI is poor at, such as insurance loss issues, and peripheral service needs prior, during and after an insurance claim. These special circumstances still require human (well competent human) intervention. I have been dealing with the Insurance Loss department. Frankly, I have dealt with so many people trying to get our insurance check processed that I don't know what is the proper name of that division. The incompetence of this group of people, combined with what I consider unethical behavior has convinced me that as soon as I get a chance to refinance with a more traditional local bank , I will. Even if we pay a higher interest rate, the frustration of dealing with what seems like a bunch of robots is overwhelming. I can just briefly give examples of some of the more troubling behavior: 1. When I sent our insurance loss check, I followed up with a call to the loss claim office, (much to my surprise) I was told that the check had been endorsed back to me and that I should receive it by UPS next service the following day or at most the day after. I was thrilled and called the contractors to get ready. When I received a call back from Rocket Mortgage, I naively thought that perhaps they would give me the tracking number. But this in fact was a solicitation (from the same number as the insurance loss department) for refinancing. I was annoyed since the last thing on my mind was refinancing in the middle of repairing the house following a fire loss, but I thought that it was perhaps a coincidence. When the check did not arrive, I called back and I was told that whoever had told me that the check was on its way was mistaken! There was a whole process and it would take at least 5 days to endorse the check. To make a long story short, the calls back and forth between me and the loss department in the following 2 weeks gave a feeling that to get new financing would have helped getting the endorsement check faster. After complaining and raising some noise, we did get the first check back but not without problems. 2. Quicken Rocket's policy is to send an endorsed check back to the insured with a UPS envelope that is dropped at the door. No communication that the check is coming, no tracking number, no signature request on checks that may range up to and exceed $100,000. Our check was left at the front door under the rain. 3. A second check was lost in their offices for a day or two, and when it was finally found, it was erroneously sent back un-endorsed because the person processing it had made a mistake on the loan account number (our previously paid loan) and returned it with no endorsement. That check was then lost when sent back. When we told our insurance company Fed Nat to put a stop-payment on the check and reissue a new check, they told us that this was the first time ever that this had happened. 3. The reissued check from the insurance company was endorsed by me and sent to the insurance loss department a month ago and despite promises by Lori (the one person that seems human and not an AI bot) that it will be expedited because of this unusually horrible experience, we still have not received the check. So I have come to the conclusion that aside from an utterly incompetent group at the insurance loss department, my complaint about the unethical behavior of salespeople trying to talk a person dealing with a fire loss into refinancing must have backfired and I have been blacklisted by this department. Unfortunately, at this point I think that Lori was just part of a system that dragged me along and not genuine. If I am wrong, but frankly I can't understand why someone with a "resolution specialist" title cannot resolve a simple issue like this.

Andrew W. Ormond Beach, FL

All of the employees I dealt with from Rocket were excellent and made the process extremely simple. It was the best experience I've had with a mortgage and highly recommend!

Beth Newvine Marlow, OK

I find it interesting that I was told that it would be 10 days to close, twice, a week apart, and when I provided a closing company for the legal review of the abstract, the next day I received a closing date.

Wiley E Pipkin Meridian, MS

The refinance process went fairly quickly and smoothly. The only negative aspect of the entire evolution was related to email questions that I submitted via the refinance page. If memory is correct, i submitted 2 or 3 questions via your email link. None of the questions was ever answered.

Robert Heffron

Working with Kody D was a pleasure. He answered all of my questions satisfactory and made an otherwise trying experience painless. I would recommend Rocket Mortgage and Kody if I have the chance.

Lyssa Eichhorn Oswego, IL

Very friendly and easy to work with. Thanks.

Bethany Monistere New Orleans, LA

Quick and easy to understand! Seem less process.

Jaime Rivera Daphne, AL

flawless experience amazing customer service.

David Drake Shelbyville, IN

They will take time to help you and answer all your questions if they don’t know the answer they will find the answer and get back with you quickly they take time to explain things give them a try

TheOne AndOnly Gibsonia, PA

Haven’t closed yet but definitely very easy to refinance with. Took us about 25 days or so to close. Tried numerous mortgage companies and they gave me me the best interest rate as well.

Tony Martinsville, IN

Refi to take cash out to pay off high interest debts. The part I didn't care for (which is still in progress ) is paying the debts off. Rocket mailed pre addressed checks to me instead of sending the payoffs directly to my debt holders. This burnt up several days which were very important to my time window. In doing so time elapsed with mailing the checks twice. Once from Rocket second by me to my debtors. This has caused me to have to pay the high interest another month. The consultant at Rocket thought it wasn't a big deal that my credit wouldn't be affected unless I was 30 days late or more. This is true but being late costs money in the tune of $40.00 to $60.00 per account on top of the payment/interest due. Yes the whole process went smooth and I am at this moment happy I did this refi, lets hope I still feel this way in 6 months or a year from now.

Aliana Medina Los Angeles, CA

My experience with Quicken loans has been amazing! Mike R was our lender and he was so attentive and answered all my questions as a first time home buyer! We met all deadlines, we couldn’t have asked for a better experience

Sandra M. Metcalf The Villages, FL

I had numerous conversations with several staff members, particularly because smartphone use could have led to better info. Several inaccuracies were conveyed that required clarification by my order final contact. Cory was just terrific.

kerri sherwood Maricopa, AZ

I was wary at first but the entire process and experience was top notch. Everything flowed smoothly. I loved the checklists and the dashboard so I could keep track of where we were at in the process and ask any questions along the way.

Jill Camburako Lenexa, KS

The process was so easy, and the availability of working with you on the weekend was great because we did not have to take off of work to get the loan process started. Everyone we communicated with very knowledgeable, kind, and professional. Thank you.

Linda Zubiate Anaheim, CA

The last time we refi'd it was so fast and simple and this time it seemed like I had to submit everything more than once and it took a long time to get closed. Although I like the online access to everything sometime you want to speak to a person but the person I was continually reffered to did not have any information for me. This time was not as easy as I expected it to be.

hazey rock Tulsa, OK

From start to finish the entire experience was smooth, friendly, and accommodating. Until the loan was closed that is. I tried to call in after the loan closed with a question, and for the first time, there was no personalized service. Just a generic message that put me on hold, and after five minutes told me that call volumes were too high and I needed to call back later or leave a message. I did leave a message and no one called me back:) Would be five stars if it were not for the icing on the cake melting off.

brien siemantel Los Angeles, CA

Previously Quicken loans was unsuccessful at refinancing my home. I had lost all interest. A cold call later with an amazing representative Hanaa T, started a less than 3 week process to completion. Hanaa truly made the process flawless.

Daniel Torres Tehachapi, CA

Excellent experience and professional customer service across the board. The process was seamless. We felt confident and well prepared, everything was explained throughly. Online access and support streamlines the process and allows for a faster and smoother experience.

Stephen G Zajac Lake Jackson, TX

Everything was handled over the phone and computer accept closing. Closing was the only face to face and no surprises which is testament to the mortgage preparation before closing. Mario is truly wonderful. Very knowledgeable, Customer centric, and a pure pleasure to work with.

Sandra M Brown Clifton, NJ

This company was very responsive. They answered all of my questions and they walked me through the process step by step. I have enjoyed doing business with them and look forward to our continued relationship. They are very professional, knowledgeable about their products and are easy to get a hold of.

Laura Wallace Chicago, IL

I absolutely love this company. After reaching out to 2 other lenders for a cash out refi I was told no and was very discouraged. From the first phone call with Rocket, they made me feel special and did amazing work to get my refinance done and I couldn’t be happier. Thank you!!

Pearline Edgar-Burkette Ashburn, VA

I was contacted by Quicken as a follow-up to offer assistance with the use of equity desires to improve or use funds, we discussed my interest in-home repairs. The processing was very timely, each representative I spoke with handled my concerns with respect, knowledge, and patience. I am happy with the results of the refinance.

Keith L West

My experience with Quicken was very good throughout the entire process. I was always informed step by step therefore no surprises. The staff members were professional and courteous. My total process was completed in about 2 weeks which I feel is amazing considering we are dealing with a pandemic.

Olivia Rosas Walnut Creek, CA

Very knowledgeable and on top of the process was so easy, I never thought that a process like that will be so easy, specially in the situation we are experiencing and all the process was done remotely. Really recommend your company do doughs

tooshoat7 Louisville, KY

I had a great experience. Nicole G was extremely helpful. She was able to answer questions that I had and made sure I clearly understood the process of refinancing my mortgage. The process was great and simple by doing everything electronically. The closing was simple. I am happy with my decision of going with Quicken Loans.

Pamela Keenan East Syracuse, NY

From my first contact with Quicken Loans through closing, the process was smooth and effortless. They answered all of my questions in a timely manner and the closing was scheduled at a time and place convenient to me. They were professional from start to finish.

Rosemary Cypert Sherman, TX

The application process was quick and easy. We received a call within hours of filling out the application. Your representative was very courteous and informative. He was concerned about our needs to refinance. He was knowledgeable about your company and it's products.

Paul Barth Louisville, KY

This was the fastest and simplest loan that I have ever have applied for. All of the people that I worked with throughout the process were very friendly, very knowledgeable, and very respectful. I still can not believe how quick the process was. I highly recommend Quicken Loans!!

LoLoPaka Harpers Ferry, WV

It was efficient and convenient. The Rocket Mortgage App outlines what is needed, its simple to understand and / track progress of mortgage process. The only annoying aspect was the amount of time given to obtain statements from creditors. The payoff letters took longer to get than the loan approval - lol! No Quicken's fault .

Sonia San Antonio, TX

Wonderful customer service. Smooth on line application process and a system that allows you to track status, easy to follow/instructions of needed and completed documents. They conveniently come to your home for closing. Great experience and best rates!

JENNA MARONEY Walden, NY

The customer service was excellent. I do feel i was not as prepared about the closing fees and then when i found out the day of!! I reached out to get clarification and it was just to late... Other then that i was very pleased with the service the reps provided.

Don Manes Lynnwood, WA

My overall experience with quicken loans was positive, everyone was pleasant, and I loved the transparency via the app. I only have 2 complaints and they are minor. 1st I was sold on the idea that the closing agent would come to me only to be told after all docs were submitted that this was a service not offered in my area. My second problem was the underwriter had me resubmit docs that I’m sure were misplaced on there end. Both were minor issues and I will absolutely use quicken loans in the future. My original loan writer Erick M. was awesome to work with, friendly and patient.

Robert Benson Lakeville, MN

This was the easiest refinance I have ever done. Every contact was handled quickly and accurately. Every rep was friendly and well versed in the details of the business. Guess there was great thought when Quicken was chosen as the name. I would recommend them to everyone looking to refinance without question.

Gail Richards Dallas, NC

Once I inquired, McCenzie was on the matter. It went smoothly. My questions were answered and needed information was always provided in timely manner. I liked the online process, it made getting the paperwork completed more quickly and effectively.

Cory Frisco, TX

The entire process was very easy and the banker we worked with made it simple. I could easily upload documents via the app or online. The closing was very easy and safe since most of it was done online prior to the closing agent coming.

DL Georgetown, SC

When first purchasing our home, we had a great experience. When we refinanced, that is when we began to have problems. Quicken Loans not only took nearly 7 months to close but also showed us that they have no basic decent business practices. When we finally were closing, our lawyer showed us that we were charged twice for a 2nd appraisal that did NOT happen. When I brought this up to Quicken Loans, they thought an acceptable solution would be to give us back less then half of the cost of the double appraisal fee and for them to keep the rest... For example: When someone steals $100 out of your pocket and offers you $25 back... To my husband and I that is unacceptable business practices. When I asked them why it took nearly 7 months to close, I was met with "there was miscommunication". When I asked why we were receiving less then half of the money back that we are owed, I was met with "that is all that was approved and there is nothing else that we can do". UPDATE: They finally redeemed themselves after I felt like I had to fight for them to do the right thing. We eventually were reimbursed for the correct amount. I will say most of the people we worked with were amazing people and we did have such a great experience when first purchasing our home. My words of advice would be to triple check the paperwork so you don't have to ask for refund of any kind.

Bill Stoops ,

Rocket delivered as promised on all the important metrics of a refinance. It was slow, about 2 1/2 months from initial discussion to closing. But we made a change to the program, and I assume COVID and sheer business volume impacted span time. The issue for me was Rocket making three Experian credit checks in two to three days, that will remain on my credit report as inquiries for 25 months. My FICO Score 8 as reported on Experian dropped 18 points, and I can discover no other likely cause than the several inquiries. Rocket, as well as MyFico.com, says several credit checks in a short time for one issue like a refi do not hit your FICO score. Well, you cannot prove that by what happened to me. Then, let's consider why Rocket finds it a process requirement to hit a prospective client's credit three times in two to three days? What can they expect to learn? What is deficient in their process? I have a lengthy email thread with a Rocket disputes person, and we are at loggerheads. I told Rocket I would be posting "elsewhere", and they said they would respond. I hope so. Nothing else has worked. I would use Rocket again, but only if I had a very solid and long established credit history. They haven't really damaged me. But let's say someone was in the mid to low 700's....different story.

c. Hayden

This was the easiest mortgage i have ever done. The quicken loan team i had was out in Michigan and they were outstanding during the hole process, it was all so easy and the whole process did not require that i had to leave my home to do anything.

edward reese Hyattsville, MD

Best experience I've had with multiple lenders. Quick easy and they worked with me the entire way making the process easy! The loan products were simple and convenient and ultimately saved me a lot of money with my refinance.

Michael Henley San Jose, CA

This was the fourth time I have done a RE-Fi. I answered some questions on the initial 25 minute phone call and was approved. I emailed my 1040, Drivers license, 1099s. An appraisal was not needed. The notary came to my home for the closing. The entire Re-Fi took approximately 3.5 weeks. I still can not believe it was that simple.

Hendrix Held Macomb, MI

My sister-in-law had recommended Quicken Loans to me when I was setting out to purchase my first home. I contacted them prior to house shopping and they helped me with the entire process. I appreciate their time, dedication, and knowledge with guiding me into my first mortgage.

Carnan Fort Collins, CO

We recently refinanced our home through Quicken Loans. We originally tried to go with someone local, but they admitted they could not beat the rates that Quicken Loans were giving us. The process was very quick and efficient. They came to our house to do the signing. It was very easy.

letsgogreen12 Macomb, MI

I love Quicken Loans! Originally, I was renting an apartment across the street from a Quicken Loans location so when I went house shopping I walked over to their office for guidance. The staff has always been positive, knowledgeable, and helpful. I am proud to work with them on my mortgage.

Jim Smith Chicago, IL

This is a tough one . I didn't have the best experience getting my mortgage. I was getting family property and it wasn't a pre designated lot. Because I had to have a survey, an appraisal, new tax ID, and settle an outstanding balance on the property, my closing date kept getting pushed back. It was difficult to talk to the same person, and there was a lot of confusion, which was very frustrating. In the end they did get it done and I am happily in my family home. Mixed feeling of frustration and joy to have it all done. I would recommend them if it is a simple buying a home. Something outside that, I would say good luck. This was my first experience and have nothing to compare it to. But it was a challenge. But it got done and I am happy in the end. Guess that is what matters most.

E Jester Baltimore, MD

Quicken Loans which is now Rocket Mortgage provided excellent customer service on my closing and processing of the loan. Actually, the process was easy considering I had done it with NFCU i was aware of what to expect. However, having the convenience of conducting the closing in my dining room was spectacular. I couldnt believe we were going to do it there but we are in a pandemic. The interest rate of 2.78% was very feasible to manage and my monthly payment was bearable. I thank Rocket Mortgage for the servicing of my mortgage and the ability to breath freer month to month. Thank you.

J9softball Greensboro, NC

I have been with quicken for years now and have had a great experience. From start to finish there were never any issues that were not resolved quickly and efficiently. Anytime I have needed to call the customer service reps have always been knowledgeable and helpful. The only thing I do not like is that I get a lot of calls from them wanting me to refinance even when I tell them I’m not interested and to remove me from the list. Other than that I would use them again and recommend them to anyone looking to buy or refinance.

SBM Albuquerque, NM

We recently refinanced our home, and I am so happy that we went with quicken loan they were great through the entire process. Very invested making sure we had the correct paper work, following up with if we had question. Even when we didn't have question they would follow up to make sure everything was going ok on our end. I would defiantly recommend them for your next home loan.