Best Company Guarantee Quicken Loans Logo

Quicken Loans

7.9

Enrique Garcia El Paso, TX

This BS company calls itself a ROCKET mortgage But is it ROCKET because it crashes on you?? Beware of the BS that this company spews. I started 4 loans with them back in June and my wife's and my credit score was over 700. They promised great rates and a fast close. Well the promised rate was good BUT the close rate.... FORGET IT. They asked for redundant tons of paperwork (which they got almost immediately) and continued to ask for more until they pulled the plug on all my loans!!! Now I have NOTHING from them and they have ALL our financial information and then some. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNREALIABLE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. Lesson learned, if it's to good to be true, more than likely it is. Rocket is for the way they crash and deliver NOTHING.

STEVEN KIRSCH Ottawa, IL

Their customer service was unacceptable! My mortgage rep (Manny) failed to return my phone calls in a timely fashion. Two days to return calls is unacceptable. They where slow obtaining the final paperwork from the Title company which caused my closing date to be extended 3 times. My real estate lawyer warned me ahead of time about using Quicken (Rocket Mortgage). When I did get the final Closing Disclosure it had my homeowner's insurance and property taxes going into escrow which I told Manny up front I did not want! When I finally got ahold of him via phone he told me there would be a $500 fee to change the escrow. Why should I pay for his mistake?! I would give this company zero stars if it was an option!!!

Ned Brookline, MA

If I could give 0 stars I most certainly would. To begin with, my quicken broker poached me from another mortgage company by offering a lower rate. Of course, she glosses over the fact that this rate is contingent on purchasing points from an even higher rate. My memory isn’t crystal, but she will refer to it solely as a discount or some other attractive language without referring to the higher down payment at the close. I feel as though I've been tricked and now that I’ve realized the situation so close to closing I haven’t a choice. As well, they take eons to process documentation. I have been waiting on a confirmation letter for a week over the deadline and have had to ask the seller to extend my deadline over and over again.

L & S Manahawkin, NJ

Have been a quicken loans customer for many years. Initial experience - outstanding. Just called to have a late fee waived during COVID 19 - NOT ASKING for Forbearance and was told no - payment was one day late. Said they waived in March - Hello yes that was during the Pandemic. Some people lost their job as a result of this and we experienced an economic hardship in our family. Very disappointed that they could not help a longstanding good customer who has never missed a payment and did not ask for Forbearance. They messed up our closing documents when we refinanced last year - service has gone downhill. For a lousy $43.70, they just lost a customer. Will not use them again.

maxcap888 Venice, CA

Horrible experience. Very bureaucratic process. I have refinanced several properties in the past 10 years, but never had such a miserable experience as with Quicken Loans. I'm refinancing 2 properties with Quicken Loans and 65 days into it and they still have not closed. Let me preface that there are no credit issues and plenty of equity in these properties. They seems to be looking for excuses not to approve loans: A building with 8 units all covered by the same HOA insurance - Quicken Loans says the insurance is not adequate, however, 3 units just closed their refinance app 1 week before me (same HOA). Also, according to Quicken Loans I cannot even purchase my own insurance coverage. - The HOA has to buy it, so I cannot do anything about it. When I asked to speak to the underwriter to get an explanation, they said the underwriter cannot take any calls.

Steven G Pittsboro, NC

They will LIE to you to get you to apply! Anything to get you to apply, including false pretenses. I received a mailer advertising a Quicken Loans Match or Beat mortgage offer. I was closing with another mortgage company in a week, but went ahead and gave them a call. Having experienced this before, I specifically asked the Loan Officer if the offer applied to Closing Disclosures as well as Loan Estimates. The flyer in the mail did not specify. He confirmed that the offer did apply to Closing Disclosure. After this, I gave permission to pull my credit to see if they could match or beat. They could not, so I was told I qualified for $250 because they couldn't match or beat it. I was then transferred to a different department, submitted all the requested documentation after closing, and was then told that no, the closing disclosure didn't qualify. I appealed, and was told someone would 'research' the situation, after I explained what happened. I asked that, if they couldn't uphold their offer, then I'd like to have the hard credit inquiry removed. This person then went on vacation for 3 days, then called me and told me they had researched it and would not honor the match or beat offer, nor would they remove the hard check because doing so may cause the credit bureaus to revoke their ability to pull credit. When pushed, she further clarified that the only way to remove a hardcheck would be for them to report it as fraud, which she stated was not the case. Despite the false pretenses and lie I was told in order to give my assent to the check. Had they told me upfront that the offer did not apply to Closing Disclosures, LIKE I ASKED, then I would not have consented to then running my credit. I supplied email documentation of the situation as proof but was still told they would do neither of my requests but would undertake necessary internal training regarding my situation so it wouldn't happen again. This is a TERRIBLE company. Their Loan Officers will say anything to get you to apply even under false pretenses, they will not honor their word or offers, they won't fix their mistakes, and they don't care if they're wrong in the situation. Please, reader, use ANY other company but this one!

Terry Biesboer Fort Collins, CO

I was shopping for an opportunity to refinance...Quicken was one of the companies that I was exploring....the first conversation I had with a Senior Loan Officer who quoted me closing costs of about 4K...for me that was a competitvie number...so I gave them permission to get my credit report and begin the process...then I found the rep to be difficult to reach, hmmm, when he finally called me back this afternoon he told me that he did not good news for me, despite the reported news that Quicken was going to waive the points...he then stated to me that my closing fees would be north of 10,000! I said what? Tell me how that can be when you quoted me 4K and you're waiving the points...his response was....well we have a 1% funding fee of 1% so thats $5K and so on so forth. I said but you quoted me 4K and now you're telling me that your funding fee is $5K? How could you quote me only $4K in our original conversation....obviously he didn't have an answer and the more I pressed the less he could say. WHAT A WATE, WHAT A BAIT AND SWITCH. NEVER AGAIN QUICKEN! 03/18/2020

Robert Alfano Stephenson, VA

So I see that mortgage rates are going down so I decided to start doing my research and determine if it makes financial sense for me. So I call Quicken Loans to start my research. I quickly get an agent on the phone. I told him that I am considering a refinance. I asked what kind of rates are available. Right away, this agent turned me off with his response. He sounded exasperated and said. You know you are lucky to get someone on the phone today. We are so busy. I am only interested in talking to people who want to submit an application. I am not going to quote rates to you. This lack of customer service and professionalism angered me so much that I simply said. Okay bye. And I hung up the phone. The nerve of this guy. Expecting me to go from....maybe I should look at this now, straight to....sign me up to refinance my mortgage without any research! Rude, curt, unprofessional! I don’t do business with this type of individual or company who tolerates that level of service.

Kim

The best part of Quicken Loans is that they don't sell your loan once it is closed and they proactively reach out when there is a better rate available.

J e s Indianapolis, IN

If you are expecting to have a easy process, you are wrong. My daughter has been in the process for 1+ month, they have asked for documents that are literally illegal to have banks sign and stamp bank statements etc etc. They always have some reason why the document they requested isn't good enough such as "it's not big enough, it needs to be darker, you will need to enlarge and make it darker, we need your bank to stamp and sign your bank statement, oh we dont need that anymore,!! She has JUMPED THRU FIRE HOOPS for every ridiculous document that pertains NOTHING to her APPROVED mortgage! So if you want to get a Mortgage buy a home, go through your bank!! They are absolutely asking for document that have nothing to do with your mortgage. And when you send the document they are requesting its NEVER GOOD ENOUGH!! Dont get so stressed out when getting a mortgage that you are crying daily because company's like this!!

Alicia Weeks Everett, MA

They are the absolute worst financial institution I have ever dealt with. Disorganized, unprofessional and dishonest. They hired an appraiser for my new construction build and provided him with the initial contract price rather than the list price (with nearly 100K of upgrades). The appraiser 'fixed' the value to the inaccurate lower contract price due to this clerical error (yes, he was definitely shady and illegal) and refused to correct the error despite the builder providing more than adequate comparable properties to him. Quicken Loans refused to acknowledge that they caused this clerical error and decided to keep my $500 deposit without making any reasonable attempt to rectify the false appraisal. As such, I could not close and had to start over with another lender. I immediately filed a complaint with my respective State Office of Commerce, who is now handling the issue. I encourage everyone who is scammed by Quicken Loans to file a complaint with their state agency as their fraudulent behavior is unacceptable.

Debra reed Durham, NC

They are merciless when it comes to annoying calls. They blow my work phone and my mobile phone up even though I tell them I'm not interested in refinancing. DO NOT GO ON THEIR WEBSITE and leave your email address or your phone number, they will not leave you alone, even after I've politely asked them a number of times to stop calling , however they choose to ignore my request. BTW I am a current customer of Quicken Loand

Stephanie Portsmouth, VA

I provided documentation to Quicken towards the beginning of my loan experience. My loan officer told me repeatedly for almost an entire month that my loan looked good and there were no issues. I paid $500 for an appraisal (after credit explanations I provided) and spent precious time and money only to be told a month later that my loan was being denied because of a late payment that I was legally not responsible for. Quicken refused to accept my documentation and further failed to do their due diligence to further prove that I was not responsible for the credit account. Instead they blamed me for them not ordering a credit supplement early in the process to make sure there was no issues with this. My loan officer went MIA through the rest of the process. At this point, I was no longer an asset to her. By the way, I am a mortgage underwriter with my company and fully know that they underwrote this incorrectly. Legally, I am NOT responsible for the payments they were questioning. Now I am out $500 which they refuse to refund or admit responsibility for not notifying me early on of any issues. Also, when I tried to dispute the decision by the representative regarding my money, she proceeded to raise her voice over mine and would not let me speak. I finally had to raise my voice, reminding her that I was speaking and I was the customer. Very poor customer service. I always thought Quicken was one of the best--now I realize they are just out to get money and are like any other company out there that is just trying to make numbers. I will never use Quicken for any reason, mortgage or otherwise, and will never recommend them to anyone.

Kayla Wade Harrisburg, PA

This company is absolutely horrible! please save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else. Anywhere else. *For context, we bought our house through them one year ago and are currently in the process of refinancing* Writing everything this company has done so far would take a novel. We have been lied to, deceived, and put on the back burner. For starters, they let our initial loan's insurance lapse. They never paid it when it was supposed to be in escrow. Their excuse was that they didn't have the company's correct mailing address. On top of that, they're trying to punish us for their mistake; they're trying to fine us for lapsing. They never even brought this to our attention. If we hadn't started the refinancing process, we would have never known that this was going on. Now on to more current issues... They claim that you're supposed to close on your refinancing loan within 28 days of starting the process... We are now on day 100 and still have no hope of setting a closing date anytime soon. None of this is our fault. Everything that they have needed, we have gotten to them within minutes of them asking for it. It takes them 3 to 5 days to "review" anything when they publicly claim that it only takes one business day at most . They also waited until we were about to close to call us and tell us that our entire loan had to change because they messed up in the beginning of the whole process.. that set us back an entire month. They never get back to us, they never answer our messages and our last phone call was very unprofessional . My husband actually had to hang up on them. My parents were able to refinance through a traditional Bank 10 times faster than this company ever could. Please save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else. I would have given them zero Stars if that were an option.

Ryan Essex Junction, VT

For the past two weeks, we have made multiple to attempts to close our loan application with Quicken due to a handful of odd communications between AMROCK, their closing firm, and our realtors. All realtors involved suggested we switch to another lender immediately which we have been trying to do for two weeks to no avail. When you have a problem with Quicken, the person assigned to your account just gives up and sends you to a 1-800 number in Detroit. We spoke with someone who promised us it would be handled within 24-48 hrs. Two weeks later, I just received a message from someone else saying "We have been trying to reach you, if you dont get back to us tonight we will be withdrawing your account and youll have to apply again." No one contacted us and we are being threatened with the exact thing we asked them to do. This has been unprofessional and nauseating. I would NEVER trust Quicken or Rocket Mortgage to handle my child's piggy bank, let alone a mortgage. Do not work with these people as you will find yourself in big trouble if something out of the ordinary should arise.

[email protected]$ Sandy, TX

Avoid, avoid, avoid!! This has been an absolutely awful experience. We started with a simple loan that we more than qualified for. We were doing the back and forth thing when the communication went dead. We emailed, we called, we made smoke singles, we did everything that one would do. We had been scheduled to close in four days when we received an onslaught of bs that we were supposed to complete, including paying 35k worth debt. Not a problem except for the fact that this would extend everything out even longer. So much so that the seller decided against extending it. We lost our earnest money, $3500. We posted our rental back up early breaking the lease, $2000. The cost of an appraisal $1,000, and so on. The go ole teams at Quicken Loans were more than useless in handling anything or caring for that matter. Like I said in the beginning, AVOID them!

Vicky San Antonio, TX

Quicken Loans approved me for a home loan. I was set to close on 9/20/19. On 9/18/19 title , myself and my realtor received the clear to close and i signed and submitted my final disclosure. Title called me to arrange my closing time to sign the final paperwork. I sent in my closing cost that very day because Perch is not local. I was thrilled 2 more days and those keys are mine. The same day i received the congratulations email on my clear to close, that very evening i received a phone call from the lender [quicken loans] that they had pulled my loan out of closing due to an employment gap and that i should have never been approved to start with. Both quicken loan employees apologized and admitted to error on their end. I just could believe this was happening. Less than 2 DAYS before closing they tell me this. To make matters worse i lost so much money. $2000.00 in Ernest money, $500 deposit at quicken loans , $ 450 in home inspections. I transferred utilities, my rental is completely packed and i mailed my closing cost . I'm out thousands of dollars with no home to show for it. Naturally i took this matter up the chain speaking to a Catherine A. Where see seemed remorseful for all quicken loans has put me and my children through , but responded that shes going to do an investigation to see if i should receive my $500 back. What about the other money???? On my approval letter it states that the customer is guaranteed $1000 if they don't get to closing . When i inquired about that she placed blame on the actually broker and would not honor it before a proper investigation had been taken place. Needless to say this has been a nightmare and i would not recommend obtaining a loan through this company.

Steve Waldrip Eden, UT

If you are not a W2 employee, avoid at all costs! If you have any complications at all becasue you own your own business, own real estate, or have anything outside of a narrow box, run away, fast and hard. I just endured a 4 month loan approval process with Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage. The front line person assigned to me changed several times and there was little to no consistency to the communication between the front line loan officers and the underwriters. In the end the underwriters rejected using proceeds from the sale of a (legal and from a wholly owned parcel of land) as a source of income, information they could have told me three months prior (as there was no change from that point forward). Instead, they and I wasted three months jumping through innumerable hoops, and I was required to purchase a $1000 survey of my newly built home in order to complete the title process, and immediately following my purchase of that service (they offered it to me for $1400, I found it for $1000), they told me that I was denied because they couldn't document $3600 in acceptable funds for closing (again based on information they had for the previous three months). At that moment I had approximately $620,000 in cash in my personal accounts. They have refused to refund any of the $1500 of my out of pocket expenses, which would have been mitigated had they simply communicated with me when they first had that information. It was absolutely insane. I suspect that because I had an interest rate locked at 3.25%, and rates had gone up in the ensuing 4 months, they didn't want to do the loan and found an excuse not to. Shame on you Quicken Loans. Your lack of institutional integrity will come back around, as it always does in corporate America. We've seen it over and over.

M F East Greenwich, RI

STAY AWAY, I would not recommend Quicken to anyone. One of the wort customer service ever. Don't be fooled by the fancy commercials. I had a mortgage with them for about 2 years now. 1 of my tax bill from the city was not delivered and was sent to them. They immediately established an escrow account and increased my monthly payment. I contacted them and try to resolve and even sent them proof of tax payment but no way. They treat you as a delinquent customer. I have my monthly payment setup a month ahead recurring and have never been late. The answer I got from their "executive team resolution" when I said I would file a complaint with the Attorney General and I might go to Court, was that they have the legal means to go to any court. This all for a $300 tax bill they received in error. I even provided them proof of payment. They reported me as late because the full payment including escrow was not received, even though my payment was on time a month ahead. My credit dropped more than 100 pts. By the way I asked for arbitration, they have none. Seems like they are working to push more and more people into delinquency to increase their write offs. This is a shame and probably illegal.

l.c. Escondido, CA

Quicken (also known as rocket mortgage) originated my refinance home loan.  i had no problems with quicken until now.  they transferred serviceing my load to Loancare LLC. Loancare LLC charges fees for everything and the fee amounts are more than double including charging $15 to use their automated phone system here’s a sampling of ‘special request fees’: Pay by Phone $15 Automated Phone System $15 Online Payment Fee $10 Payoff Statement Fee $60 I would attach a picture of what we sent me, but I can’t embed or attach picture here a payoff statement is free for the mortgage I have with third federal. Quicken charges $25, Loancare charges $60 ! so, beware: at some point quicken will transfer your loan servicing to a firm whose business plan is to overcharge for everything (just checkout the Loancare LLC ratings) You may be happy with quicken/rocket but that won’t continue when they transfer your load to loancare llc

Edward Sullins Morrisville, NC

I contacted Quicken Loans to compare a loan package I was offered by a builder on a new purchase. The loan officer asked me a few questions and requested to run my credit. I told her that I wasn’t ready to have my credit checked. I was approved by another company and want to know if Quicken Loans was competitive. She gave me her buyer beware spill about the offer received. I explained to her that my wife is a license real estate broker, we did our homework and the companies offer was reasonable. She told me to call her back when I was serious about using Quicken Loans to buy a house. I asked her directly. “Are you telling me on this recorded line that you won’t give me the current rate because I won’t let you run my credit.” She replied with a very authoritative “YES.” If she couldn’t beat the other company’s rate, that’s fine. There is more to a loan then the rate when you must work with the Lender for 30 years. The fact that she felt bold enough to speak to me in such a matter tells me a lot about Quicken loans culture.

Derrek Line Effingham, IL

Ruined my life. I was one week away from closing. They didn't realize the home was a manufactured home until 1 week before closing. This means the house i was living in was already given up. My credit took a hit for the hard inquiry, but still had to go shopping around again. I wasted countless hours gathering so many documents. For them to call me and just say Sorry we can't do the loan now. I told this company from Day 1 i was NOT sure what the home was but PER the county is was not a manufactured home anymore since it was "assess to real estate". I understand starting the loan and my uncertainty can not be held on them. BUT i called them as soon as i found out there WAS a title meaning i had been considered a manufactured home, but shouldn't be now i was told it would NOT be an issue. I stated in my call i needed to know because i don't want to spend money or make decisions on a maybe a month before they pulled it from under me. I was ASSURED everything would be fine. Now i don't have a house. Landlord has someone wanting to move into my current house. They would NOT refund me the full amount. Not to mention the grief the sellers had to go through. I WILL say some employees there had GREAT customer service, while others, i won't name, were horrible. There is so much more to be said, but SUMMARY: Wasted $600 to lose my house, hurt my credit, wasted a LOT of time. I admitted to not knowing what i was working with but gave them everything i was given. County appraiser involved and all. Very sad that big company like this can ruin someone and not bat an eye.

Holley McCoy Saint Augustine, FL

Quicken is too big and too many divisions that don't communicate with each other. This was supposed to be a quick process to refinance (initial refinance was through them and that was complicated and bad enough). This time it is worse. They couldn't even communicate with their different divisions with Rocket and Amrock to send the final funds to us - couldn't send a bank transfer, had to deliver via UPS then it was delivered to the wrong address. My mother is still phoning to try to sort this mess that THEY caused out because they don't have their communication systems sorted out. When it comes time to sell, and buy another house, we will not go with Quicken but someone local.

Bill J. Chapel Hill, NC

I recently refinanced my mortgage with Quicken Loans after being a customer of theirs for the past 7 years. They had stated that they would include several credit card debts with my refinance including a student loan. When I received the pay out checks to send to the creditors, two creditor's checks were not included and only a partial amount of the student loan. I also had to follow up with the loan rep regarding when my closing would take place. Finally a closing team member called me and informed me that we had to close within the next two days to keep the finance rate that was quoted initially. No earlier notice was provided. If I was to try to extend the deadline for the stated refinance rate, it would cost an additional $500. As soon as I am able to find another lender I plan to refinance again as this is not a reputable company as far as I am concerned. I wish that I had done more research on available mortgage refinances as I would have choice a different lender. Please be careful! They promise many things!

Nathaniel Morciego

It all started great as any new relationship, proposed closing date within a month and all, it was supposed to be a simple transaction, refinancing a house with over 40% equity, excellent credit, great income.... all a sudden I start getting calls every other day about missing info, from different quicken loans reps, info that had been sent go one of them already a few days ago, I reply to each with requested info always informing that the info requested was already submitted, responses vary from different divisions to different positions and so on... I have bought 4 houses in the last 15 years, sold 1, so I am pretty familiar with the process, and I am a patient guy, but after over 2 month and no closing date on sight, quicken loans calls now seemed Scam Likely calls, I had to cancel everything, of course my credit was already ran, the 2 month lost and forget about all the time on the phone explaining my self to every new rep that called me, it is like I never had a file, that rocket account was a total joke, they added and remove information at will hence the call the next day from a new wannabe banker to harass you about the same info that was deleted, will never recommend or make business with quicken loans

Heather Smyrna, GA

The process with Quicken started off well but did not end on a good note. Our representative was communicative and friendly. He talked us into "re-casting" our loan which basically means you don't have to put 20% down right away to keep more of your cash liquid. Then, once the sale of our previous property went through we could put down the rest and all we had to pay was a 100$ re-cast fee. Well, imagine our surprise when we went to pay off our PMI today and was told we must make 2 mortgage payments with PMI until we are eligible to re-cast. Ahhh of course, the hidden terms no one discussed with us. We were able to put down 20% at any time but were talked into re-casting. I am disgusted with the sneaky salesmen tactics we received when procuring a loan from here - buyer beware.

Kimber Charleston, SC

I contacted Quicken via Rocket Mortgage along with a few other lenders for pre-approval. I should have known from the get-go that it would be a bad experience as it was an act of Congress to get on the phone with the loan specialist handling the pre-approval. After finally getting him on the phone and talking through the details, the rates were better than what I'd been quoted before and so I decided to move forward. From there I was handed off to a "triple crown" senior purchasing specialist, who was hiding her ineptitude behind a fancy title. Things quickly fell apart. We were approximately a month out from closing when the appraisal was ordered. We received the report toward the end of that week, which was lower than the agreed upon price. The seller decided to dispute. My POC, the purchasing specialist, advised that she had sent the dispute on to the AMC who would send to the appraiser. She then left office for 3 days. As we were approaching 2 weeks to close, I asked for updates from her backup. This person clearly had no idea what was happening with my loan. After a slew of confused emails, she confirmed that the dispute was sent and that she had RESENT it, just to be safe. Fast forward to the end of the week without any answers, and the real estate agent lets me know that the appraiser has no idea there is a dispute at all. At this point, I decide to run it up the flag pole myself. I get on the phone with the "senior research team" (which I have dubbed the 'do anything to save your business team'). Sure enough, a couple of hours later, I get a response from that team. Quicken had never passed the dispute on, in fact, it needed to be vetted by their internal team first. Obviously I had no idea that this was the case as I had been falsely assured that the dispute was handed off twice (and never told about any internal review). Since I was shaking trees, the team finally reviewed it and decided it did not warrant being passed along to the AMC. After losing an entire week, the seller agreed to drop the purchase price to the appraised value. That is done, and I am told there are a couple of outstanding items before we are clear to close. Time passes and although I ask for updates, I get vague responses hours after I submit them advising that I'll be told when we are clear to close. 2 days from closing now. I try to reach out to my POC and receive no response for hours. I reach out to Quicken via chat, and the rep advises that she will "try to put a rush on" the outstanding item - the condo review. I tell her that I am going to escalate it myself and go back to the senior research team I contacted in the first place. I reach out and explain the situation, and the do-anything-to-save-your-business guy tells me that he will have this sorted ASAP. As I wait for his response, I get a message from someone that my POC (sr. purchasing specialist) is out of office that day and she is filling me in on her behalf. I had NO IDEA she would be out of office. 2 days before closing! Now, the kicker: I get called by the bad-news guy to tell me that there is an issue in the condo review that would break a Fannie/Freddie rule unless I put another 5% (or $13k) down. This is after 5pm on Wednesday, when we are supposed to close on Friday. He tells me that I can have this gifted (I.e., ask some poor, unsuspecting family member for $13 thousand dollars) and then we will TRY to keep your closing date - but Friday is "not a slam dunk." If there was anything in this process that could have precluded Quicken from closing on the agreed upon terms, why on earth would it be the LAST ITEM completed in my loan application? Why would it not be completed BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE? Thank everything that is holy that my husband and I had the forethought to continue renting our current place through the month of June. Otherwise, we would have been forced to a) liquidate money from retirement, b) ask family for money or both in order to *hopefully* close on the home and not be homeless with a son and pets. After Quicken mishandled our loan application worse than I could have ever imagined, we found a professional, local lender who not only offered more competitive rates but was able to approve the loan with the original terms. I would warn ANYONE against contacting Rocket Mortgage/Quicken Loans. The home buying process is stressful enough. Understand that you will submit questions or concerns into the ethos and hear nothing for hours. Understand that in the absence of your main POC, the likelihood of speaking to anyone who is remotely familiar with your loan application is nil. Understand that when you are on the ropes because Quicken has fumbled something – you will be told that you can only talk to X because that person is “assigned” to this issue. Do yourself a favor and avoid a lender that will drop the ball less than 2 days before closing and turn your living situation upside down.

Shelli Barnes

Nothing they did well. They had me jump through a lot of hoops, email them a lot of documents. I was trying to refinance my house to get the payments lower because I was going to retire. My house payments were $794/mo The final deal was to borrow $75000 and get a $16000 payout, ok I didnt really need that much but that was the best they could do. My payments would be $680/mo for 15yrs. I had to go to my bank for yet another document they wanted me to send them so I asked one of the people in an office for it and told her why I needed it. She asked me if I had ever thought of them to refinance my house, I hadn't so I sat down and told her the deal Quicken loans made me and to see what the bank go do for me. She figured out that quicken was charging me $6000 just in closing costs! Regions Bank didnt charge me any closing costs and I only had to borrow $52000 bringing my house payments down to $411/mo for 15 yrs. with a cash out of $10,000. Much better, quicker and a lot less hassle. Rocket mortgage/Quicken, same company, is Not Quick, they make you jump through too many hoops, has hidden costs and a lot of hassle. They dont like taking no for an answer. He wanted me to send him the deal the bank gave me, I didnt and I will never do any business with them and I will warn my friends against them.

Al H. Vienna, VA

I have a high credit score and sufficient income, as they also confirmed in the beginning of the refi process. It took them 45 days to send me from one department/process to another, different people responsible for that process and so on. It boiled down to providing just two more documents, me paying off the car loan and my credit card. I did them both and send them the documents. They kept saying we need a document saying you have paid your balance on your credit card. I sent them 3 documents instead of one. Their intelligent underwriter department could not read or understand two simple bank documents saying I paid off, and neither the amount withdrawn from my checking to that CC bank. The last person in charge of the process was a complete idiot who did not know the process, and was constantly out of the office just giving lip service. I only found ONE person who was genuine, and that was Bob G who really tried to help the situation at times. Finally I got sick of them after 45 days of run around and went to a local bank. Main Street Bank in Fairfax, VA approved me in 3 days from the time I provided them basic documents and I was at the settlement 10 days later!! QL offers people good teaser rates to get you to sign up with them. They have NO intention of providing you a loan with that rate. This is all part of the show that would gather more applicants, so they can CLAIM that they have the highest number of loans/applicants in the country. Highest number of applicant to fill their quotas ??? Save yourself, find a better bank, possibly a local bank or other, and save yourself aggravation of dealing with incompetents and showmen !!! Al H., in Virginia

L Gilbert, AZ

We have always had a great experience with Quicken. They are quick and offer great rates on home loans. I have done at least 3 home loans or re-fi loans with them and they have been super fast and accurate.

Gary Williams

Quick and easy. We knew what we were looking for and their explanations were clear and good. Their online site kept us informed and made the process much easier than others.

Sandra

I feel that I was scammed by Quicken Loans. I tried to resolve it through Consumer Finance.gov and through my credit card company Capital One. I had no success. I want to warn others to be careful before handing over $500 to Quicken Loans. Think twice. Don't let them pressure you with promises that seem to good to be true. Quicken CANNOT wave a magic wand and get you Loans that all the other companies can't.  Quicken Loans was apparently able to provide documents to satisfy the Consumer Finance agency and my credit card company that they were in the right when they scammed me out of a $500 deposit. Unfortunately, most of the Quicken practices that seem to me, in hindsight, highly unethical and reeking of scam, took place over the phone. Quicken quite conveniently lost all of those calls (but states "we record all of our calls"). Don't get taken by this company like I was. $500 is a lot of money to lose for most people. If you are inexperienced like I was with the mortgage/home equity/refinance process, don't hand over $500 to some fast talking Quicken representative. Remember that if it sounds too good to be true...Talk to other mortgage lenders first- talk to a lot of them. Most will give you honest answers on what you qualify for, for free. If the others can't get you a mortgage/refinance/home equity loan, don't believe for a second that handing Quicken $500 will open doors. That's nonsense. You don't have to hand over $500 to apply for refinance etc. with most companies. Quicken will tell you that your $500 is an investment that will be returned to you. They vaguely allude to being able to do things other lenders can't. Baloney. Don't get sucked in. I came out of my experience with Quicken feeling like "a fool and his money are soon parted". Best I can hope to do is help someone else not to make the same mistake, and try to turn this horrible experience into something positive for others

Kevin Hilo, HI

AVOID QUICKEN LOAN. Working with Quicken on a VA refinance loan was a terrible experience for me. I initially contacted them on or about Aug 1. On 26 Aug I sent them a letter, at their request, explaining my intentions. Based on the letter and my proof of service, they informed me that I was eligible. I proceeded, at their direction, with the actions required by the VA -appraisal, the pest inspection, well water test & treatment. All together about $1000 out of my pocket. On Dec 18, after I had done everything they asked & after Quicken had received all the necessary documents to close, they informed me that I was ineligible for the loan. Long story short, they agreed to refund the cost of the appraisal only. Meaning I wasted $600 to accomplish what they told me to accomplish. AVOID QUICKEN LOAN.

Kimberly Huebner Saint Louis, MO

Quicken loans will LIE AND STEAL YOUR MONEY! Had a very bad loan process with them, was told everything was good to go had pre-appoval letter before i ever began finding a home. Then a little over a week before close they said no. I am out the cost of all the inspections and they charged me $500 for a appraisal I told them to not do unless it was guaranteed to close. I was charged the fee. They lied and said it would not be done until then. Everything is supposed to be recorded but was called from and I returned my calls to my contacts personal cell phone. Guess what they don't record those. So I was charged and never even received the appraisal. I am out 1200.00 for a home I wasn't able to close on. I feel robbed!

Camille Noonan

We were contacted on the computer per a request for mortgage rates. We picked them with reluctance since we have had a past negative experience. We sent them all requested paperwork-as we were/are looking to build and sell a home. We thought all was ok-even had the support letter. One day the Representative calls us-everything seems ok-he said nothing. Then we receive a letter that they cannot provide service at this time. Threw us for a loop. No way to run a company-very unprofessional-could not get through to the Rep again-called and told the same as the letter. I would never Recommend them to anyone-should have listened to my instincts!!!

Richard Pollock Oak Park, IL

Relatively easy process and competitive rates. When I processed my last mortgage with them, the process took longer than I anticipate. The process was pretty simple and the mortgage handling once it was setup was simple.

shawn richardt Hendricks, MN

personal ,very friendly, professional, just had a couple issues? Nothing major!

Rebecca M Tilley Charlotte, NC

This company makes what could be difficult, an easy experience refinancing our loans! WE have used them three times and are very impressed in their efficiency! Thanks for working with us on our loans!

Stephen Thompson Palatine, IL

Have had two separate mortgages with Quicken over the past 10-11 years. They have always been responsive, easy to deal with, and explained the entire process thoroughly and completely.

Alexandria Lekberg Chesterfield, VA

Great company! I helped my mom get a loan with them and they were the only company that could help her with her debt to ratio. They matched Loan Depot and were great to work with.

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

Quicken Loans was very easy to use. Their application process was simple and I sent all of my documents through their system. Within days, I had a pre-approval with all of my terms laid out for me.

Cutenana Waxahachie, TX

Quicken Loans rep as great! He took time to check our credit and to et us know where we stood. He let us know what we were eligible for and what the new interest rates were! Also how to get our home paid off sooner!

Tyler B Palos Verdes Estates, CA

Quicken was the first mortgage company that my wife and I worked with. They paused jumbo loans for a while during the initial COVID pandemic which left us rushing to find another replacement. I wish that this didnt happen because their customer service was amazing and their online platform is definitely one of the best in the industry.

Eric Asare-budu Mechanicsville, VA

Quicken Loans has been one of the best Mortgage company in my view. i've had 2 mortgages with them. Their process is very easy . They have the best representative who will work with you throughout the process.

odessa wright Lufkin, TX

I have not had any trouble or conflicts with this company. They send me a detailed bill every month & if I have any questions I can call and my questions will be answered speedily.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

Quicken Loans is a great company. They hold the mortgage on one of our investments properties. I love their customer service and how easy it is to navigate their user friendly website. I would recommend them to anyone.

Kathie Bowman Lakeside, CA

I was approved for a home loan through Quicken Loans. I sent my information in online and got a call right away and the gentlemen explained everything I needed to know and more. very helpfully

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

Loved how everything could be done over the phone! Saved me so much time and energy. Had a great mortgage adviser who answered all my questions and led me through the entire process. Will definitely use again!

Jo Ortiz Houston, TX

Easy process, kind, patient and knowledgeable representatives.

John Heatley Kingwood, TX

Our experience was made as good as it could be through our banker Damon S