Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Medical Guardian Logo

Medical Guardian

8.9

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

Gail & Carl Walker Sherwood, MI

I was thinking of having a home and health nurse come and check in on my husband since he's elderly and home alone a lot. When I saw the advertisement on TV I thought to get it. It's a lot of help. When we're in need of help, or if we're just trying to figure something out, we can call them and they'll take care of things right away. They will explain everything to us. What we pay for it is well worth it. Even if I'm not there, my husband can call for help right away with this.

Clem Evenson Westby, WI

I checked their website, background, and price before picking it. The fact that they had a wristband rather than a neck pendant also went over a lot better with my father. He has had to use it a number of occasions. Every time, they have alerted us and the local authorities and kept us informed. We all get an immediate response. They are always there and have been very attentive. They have done everything they said they were going to do.

Jerry Simons

I saw an advertisement and decided that it was what I needed. I have 3 devices. One on the wrist, one over my chest, and one that stays in the charger. That last one I take out with me when I leave the house. I haven't had to use it yet, thank goodness, I just use it to check and make sure that everything is working ok. Every time I call, which has been 3 or 4 times now, somebody gets on the line right away. I'm very happy with them. They are a great company and I feel very secure with it.

Roger Shriver Armada, MI

This is for my grandpa. I live out of state and nobody lives around him, so we needed the help in case he falls. I picked them because of their price and the GPS features. They are always very helpful and quick to respond. They call us right away when they can't get a hold of him and are always able to answer any question that we have. There's always someone there ready to answer and go and help him when he falls. It has been a helpful service.

Ann Lubiak

My children were afraid for me because I live alone, so I just went for it. I've used it twice. They always responded quickly. Both times they were here within 5 minutes and were very kind, accommodating, and reliable. There were no loud sirens or anything, and I really appreciated that. I think they're fantastic. It's something that I need at my age.

Anne-Marie Carroll Tampa, FL

I checked out other companies, but Medical Guardian offered more services and I felt more at ease with them. It's a very simple service. So far all I've done with it is check the system to make sure it works and they call me back immediately when I do it. I haven't had to wait long to speak to customer service when I call. They're very knowledgeable and courteous.

Anonymous Lake Worth, FL

My family decided to get this for me. I'm from Massachusetts but I'm down and Florida right now. Last year, when I was up north, I fell and couldn't get back up. I remembered I had Medical Guardian with me so I used it and they called my son and he came over and helped me get back up. They responded very quickly. It's all very convenient and works well.

Betty Plunkard Boonsboro, MD

We got this for my mother in law. She was getting to a point where she was falling a lot and was afraid of being alone. We just kinda picked this one and it has made her feel safer so far. About a month after we got it, she busted her head open pretty bad and called them. They weren't able to get a hold of the people on her list, so they just went ahead and sent out an ambulance. They were very good and probably saved her life that day.

Eddie Qualls

My husband is the one that wore the device, he usually had the necklace around his neck. I liked the way they operated and the price of it. When we had any questions or needed any answers, I could get them through customer service. Now he's in a hospice so he doesn't need it anymore, but it was perfect for the kind of situation where we needed to use it. It makes the caregiver feel more secure and safe when they're not around the person they take care of.

Elaine Leary Miami Beach, FL

I got it because I live alone and had a heart incident. They seemed to have what I was looking for in regards of a wristband alert as opposed to a big thing that I had to wear around my neck. That was really one of the most important factors when I picked them up. I use the device everyday because I take long walks alone, so it's there as a form of security. Every time I test it, I get an immediate response. Even when I test it while I move locations and go from state to state. They respond immediately.

Marylin Weber

They have the best pricing. The salesperson that I talked to on the phone was excellent, he did a great job setting up everything that we needed. The button is light enough that the person that uses it can carry it around with her all the time. It's also easy for her to use. The second night we had it, she had to push the button. They were really quick and called back immediately. I was called and was able to come and help her. They were very friendly, quick, and knowledgeable.

Mary Ellen McDonough, GA

My oldest son decided to get this for me. He got it and brought it over here, said that this would take care of me since I live by myself and that I wouldn't have to worry about anything. I have it just in case I need. I wear the bracelet and never take it off, except for when I go out somewhere. I have to wear it a little bit up on my arm, but it's comfortable to use. I've had no problem whatsoever with it. I'm very satisfied with it, I like it.

Josephine Altilio Franklin Square, NY

I needed something for my mom, so I looked things up online and got this. It's very affordable. Anytime I've called them or whenever they call me, they are very efficient. We can reach them right away too. She hasn't had to use it, thank god, but she wears the necklace all the time. It's always accessible if she ever falls. It's nice to know that she has it and that she feels safer with it.

Maggie Payne Ayden, NC

They had all the things that we were after, that's why we got it. It was for my sister really, it made her feel very comfortable to have it. Every time we pushed the button they were very quick to call and help us. Once in a while we would make a mistake and they were also very quick to get to us when that happened. It was very expensive, but everything is well done.

Roby Watson Warrenton, MO

I did the internet research and looked at reviews prior to making the decision to go with them. The person that I talked to prior to subscribing was very knowledgeable and not pushy at all. My father is the person that uses the device, he carries it in his pocket when he gets up and puts it back in the charger every evening. The device is small and holds the charge effectively. He has accidentally triggered it several times, but that doesn't seem to be a problem for the company. We did have an emergency once and we pressed the button to get assistance from 911.

Doreen J. Medak Bay Center, WA

Judging from what they offered in our area, they seemed like the right choice for me. It gives me easy access to emergency services and it covers a lot of ground. If I'm on the road or go anywhere, I can take the button with me. Using it is very simple and easy, I haven't had any problems with it. When I test it I have a good response and they're pretty friendly. I feel comfortable knowing that if I ever have to use it, I can call for help with it. It's worth it.

Bernadette Quinn Washington, DC

Once I received the system I didn't have to do anything complicated to assemble it. It's on all the time, even when the electricity goes off. That happened a couple of months ago and I was really impressed by that, it gave me a lot of confidence in it. The device is very responsive. I haven't tested it in a while, but when I've pushed it by accident they've responded well. It is kind of an expensive service though.

Ludwig Waldman West Palm Beach, FL

My son bought it for me. He just brought it in and said he wanted me to use it in case anything happened. I haven't had to use it for an emergency yet but about a week ago I called them to check that the button was working. Actually I always check with them and let them know everything is ok. When I call I get an immediate response and they ask me if everything is ok. I usually say yes since it's a test and that's that. It's good to know that they can answer me right away if anything goes wrong and that they can do something about it.

Sandra Dixon Siler City, NC

I liked the fact that I could go anywhere with it. They've been kind to me whenever I've called and talked to them. They're very polite and knowledgeable. When I lost my necklace they were very efficient at getting me a new one right away. I haven't used it, but when I tested it I thought it took a little too long for them to respond. It was not too long, but it was longer than what I expected. I guess you can't really put a price on your life, but most of my friends can't afford this...

Joe Berea, OH

I'm very happy with it. I'm 85 years old and I live alone, so I constantly wear it. I consider it to be very affordable. I haven't used it but I've done a number of tests and everybody is very courteous. In fact, I accidentally hit the button last night at about 3 in the morning. I talked to a young lady and apologized for hitting it but she was very kind and sweet. I'm glad I have it.

Irene Blake Weisser Houston, TX

My mother is in a retirement facility, she's almost 99 years old. What they provided for her there wasn't that great. It didn't cover her when she was off the property and we didn't even think it was that good inside the property. So I researched it and looked at all the services and features available and got medical guardian. They were just, hands down, the best ones. I had some difficulty getting things set up properly at first, but things worked out. I like the fact that they talk to me and I can talk with them. It's very reassuring. The device is a little big, I haven't been able to come up with a good way for her to carry it. I guess she could hang it around her neck but it's too bulky. It'd be nice if it was smaller.

Troy Napier Bridgeport, WV

I've had to use it twice when I couldn't get out of bed. My back just went bad so I used it to call them. They responded very quickly, came out, picked me up, and took me to the hospital. I was very satisfied with them. I feel safe when I go out driving with it. Doesn't matter if I go to town or go somewhere else, if something happens to me when I'm out in a parking lot or something, they will be by my side.

Barbara Fabian Orland, CA

Anytime I call they are very helpful and take their time to talk to me. They don't rush me through the conversation or anything. The only time I used it was because I fell and broke my hip. I was able to call for help using it. It's a good piece of equipment and it's a very necessary one. I think everyone should really have one. Every penny that I pay is worth it.

Laura Stone Maumee, OH

We chose them because it had pretty good reviews and the price seemed right. My mother just wears her thing around her neck all the time, just for safety. She also has the bracelet thing, but that just falls apart on its own. One day I just looked at it and noticed that the button part of it was gone. I never knew what happened to that. Thankfully she hasn't fallen in the last couple of years, but we've called every once in a while. We're very pleased with them. They're very kind, responsive, and always encourage us to test it periodically. The one time we did use it was by accident. Medical Guardian called the 3 people that are on the emergency contact list. Problem was, none of us really answered because it showed up as an 800 number. Because of that they sent out a police officer to check in on her and she was just fine, eating her lunch and wondering why the police was there. After that incident, we made sure that their number was programmed into our phones so we would know when they called us.

Medical Guardian Logo

Reply from Medical Guardian

Hello, thanks for the feedback. We are happy to be there for your Mother in her time of need. We would like to speak with you to make sure she has all of the parts she needs. Please contact our Customer Care Team at 1-800-313-1191 Monday-Friday, 9am-9pm EST and Saturday-Sunday, 9am-5pm EST. Thanks.

Apr. 16th, 2018

Garrett Long Tucson, AZ

A friend of mine told me about it. I haven't had to use it, I just try to wear it every time where we are and around and when I play golf ball and I haven't had other than this one but It is pretty handy, it would be nice to carry around but it seems to work nice. I think it would be nice if they made an app, you know smart phones use the lock box on smart phone but they don't have it and it could be cheaper.

Albert Brewer Columbus, GA

When I was looking at the different types of items they had the best results on what I had reviewed and they have the best reviews. We have used it when my parents have fallen or haven't been able to stand up and they've had it on their neck and they were able to just, you know push the button and call for help, and they got there right away, their response is quick, you know, they send out text messages and it gives us peace of mind.

Anonymous Strongsville, OH

Well my son and daughter both also looked into it and decided on medical guardian, I think that's the one I have an alarm all the time and it works really good and so I think all the people that could fall or different things should really get one they're a little expensive but it's worth it if you're in the house by yourself. I have used twice, my son and my daughter both agreed that I should have one I've had it probably three or four years now.

Becky Voorhies Pacific City, OR

I knew that my family wanted me to have it as I am living alone and was falling a lot. I have broken ankles and it's hard to walk around now. I think it was one of my my sisters that got a hold of it, I can't really tell you how I got it how long it's been quite a while like five or six years. Once I had gotten out of bed cause I jumped up from a bad dream I was having. I couldn't move so I had to use it and they responded and send an ambulance.

Nancy Crabtree Springfield, OH

I got it because of the price, when I compared to other companies and what I got for the price and because it was easy to set up. I actually bought it for my mother and she has not had to use it, one time she accidentally pushed it and sheriff came to the house but I've not had to use it for an emergency, I received all the help I needed when I called after the button had been push.

Lucy Capuano Hellertown, PA

Well I decided just because of the overall everything it gave me. I haven't, thank God to use it yet but I'm outside a lot trying you know to work in my yard and I also live in a two story house and my washing machines are downstairs, so it was because of the steps in the house more than anything. Any time I had any questions I called and they were answered immediately. It's just terrific that's all I can say.

F.E. Garden City, ID

I got it because of an ad on our local station and the need for something like that. Let's see, you know I haven't used it since I got it completely set up like with the lock on the door and etc. but I use it everyday, I just leave it all day and is comfortable using it. They've been responsive as far as the calling and getting information. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I feel very comfortable with it because I live alone.

Anonymous Mentor, OH

I'm on a wheelchair so I wanted to have some safety provisions for myself. That's why I got it. It's on my wrist all the time, except for when I go out since there's always someone with me then. I take it off at night when I shower or get in the bathtub. I'm satisfied with it and feel much safer having it, I know I can reach someone with it if I need it. I'm very happy with it all.

Nancy Barnett Merrick, NY

They were rated as a top company when I researched them. The main thing I was looking for was a quick response time. Time is of the essence for me since I'm not young and I have asthma, so I wanted somebody to respond within 10 seconds of me pushing the button and they seemed to be ones that could do that. I've tested it a lot and I'm a little disheartened though. It usually takes them up to 60 seconds to respond when I call. I really want to give them a chance though, so I'll be keeping it. They are just very polite and respectful when they respond. If I call with a question they're very informative. Besides, other companies out there have similar wait times so...There was one time when I called them where things got a bit mixed up. I was testing it and when they responded I talked to them and told them it was a test. Apparently there was a bit of miscommunication between them and emergency services though. The ambulance came out here even though I was alright. In the end they were very understanding of the situation, but I was disappointed by that...

Peggy Barker

I called all the companies out there and asked them questions. I didn't want to sign a long contract and I didn't want to be stuck paying $100 a month, so I was the most impressed by Medical Guardian. They really had a good plan and price, so I got it. Everything works well, we're covered. The thing has a battery backup and a very long range so they can hear my mom no matter where she is. My mother had a stroke once and called me talking kinda crazy. I told her to push the button and she did. The ambulance got there right away and it was all wonderful. We're very happy with it.

Edwina Winters Newport, KY

I didn't really decide to get it, a friend of mine did. Usually I just wrap the thing around my neck and use it. It's very good, they're here in no time. When I fell and couldn't get back up, I pushed the button and in about 10 minutes, the policeman and an ambulance were out here to help me. It saved my life. They're very good, efficient and courteous. I was treated right. I feel great with it, it really makes me feel safer and more secure.

Patricia Vandevender Cameron, MO

I went with them because of several reasons. When I looked them up, their price was less than half of what the number one provider charged. Besides, I didn't need to put down a large amount of money to start up. The salesman that I talked to afterwards was not pushy either. He just answered all my questions and didn't try to shove the service down my throat. I got it for my wife, she is the one that uses it. Every time we've accidentally pushed it, they have contacted her. It gives me security, I know I can leave her alone at home when I go to work and things will be fine.

Tim Sullivan

I needed something that would work in my house as well as when I'm out and about running errands and stuff. The fact that this was WiFi compatible and that it had GPS included convinced me of choosing them. I've never had to use it, I carry the main thing on my body at all times, though I use the pendant fairly infrequently. I've tested it a couple of times and things have been fine. So far I've only had one interaction with customer support. I needed them to send me some more details and they did that very promptly. I am very pleased with them.

Russel Laughlin Battle Ground, WA

The unit works better than the old one I used to have. I've only contacted them once but it's nice that I have different ways to get in touch with them. I can reach them through the internet or through my phone. I've really enjoyed that. We had some issues with the way the back of the unit stays hooked up. We've had to tape it to make it stay. My husband also has trouble with the necklace getting tangled up with his oxygen cord, but that's normal for anything that just hangs around your neck. It also has this safety feature where, if it gets pulled, the necklace will get disconnected. It's a great safety feature, but as I mentioned it doesn't really work for us. I had to take that off. We put it to charge at night but its awfully easy for anything to knock that over. Our cat does that all the time, he just likes playing with it. It'd be nice if they made so it can't be knocked down as easily. Despite those design flaws, it's still a good device.

Elane Cuell Provo, UT

It's a little bit higher in price than some of the other services I checked out. The only time I've used it was to check on it. They were very responsive and helpful then. I was talking at some point with a representative to check if medical guardian could be hooked up to my smartphone, that's really what I'd like them to do in the future. I think that's still in progress on their side and it could be done at some point.

Elizabeth Mulligan Horsham, PA

I haven't really had to use it for an emergency, but I think they're good. They have responded every time we have tested the device and are very helpful. Their customer service has been excellent every time we have contacted them. Their price is a little high, a little higher than some of its competitors. It could be a little cheaper, that would be nice since we're paying for it but not using it...

Nelly Arce Hurst, TX

Medical Guardian has been a blessing for me, with it I can make sure my mom is in good hands. The system doesn't really work the way I thought it did, but it works. They are there when we need them, even when the children press the button by mistake. They always call and make sure everything is fine. There was one time she was bleeding really bad after a fall. My brother just pressed the button and they were here really quickly to help her. I feel more secure with my mom having it. I know that, at night, she can use the button to call them in case I can't hear her.

Nancy A Freitas West Sacramento, CA

So far everything has been great. The device is large enough for me to hold it, which is wonderful. It's also easy for me to push the button. I've been blessed so far in that I have never had to use it for an emergency. I used it one time to make sure that the system was working and they responded right away. They kept asking me if I was really ok and I just told them I was doing a test. That made me feel comfortable with them.

Helen Myers Tallahassee, FL

I've had my medical alert for years and I've used it several times. I have artificial knees and one of them has a broken knee cap, so I really can't take a step by myself. I also have a bad shoulder, so if I go down, I can't get back up on my own. When I call, they always come right away. They are there to help me and are always very careful when they get me back up. Last time they came they were going to call an ambulance but I just led them to a chair, sat down, and showed them I could get back up from it. I'm very happy to have it.

Terry Barthel Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

I decided because of the GPS feature and the size of unit. It's never been used it but other couple times I've had to call them and they were really helpful over the phone and had a couple false alarms and they're always reassuring that it's not an issue. GPS is great, I don't have to worry about being out of range waterproof feature five billion that's great and the other way around her neck is perfect.

Ruth Parker

I decided because It was just what I read online, I was comparing different companies and that looks like what we needed. We use it, all the devices actually for my mother in law, once she took a spill on and actually broke her hip and somebody was on the phone they were calling us like in just seconds it seems like, their response is so rapid. It's easy to use, no complains.

Ann Still St. Petersburg, FL

Comparing it to other website you're cheaper that Life Alert, there's no installation fee, you have insurance on the things, the different parts of it that I bought for a year and your short term obligation is just a 3 months instead of years like the other company had. I've never use it yet but It's about as comfortable as these could be, it's not too cumbersome, the GPS monitor will fit usually on anything, I'm carrying or wearing it, I have no experience with it though.

Terrence Becker Crawfordville, FL

Well I looked it up on the internet, But the reason I decided, well sorry we just took it, there was no real reason. We never really had to use it. I mean, I'll be going at work and I put it around his neck when we left. We have called on the device one time and they were right there, they knew who I was and everything else and I was impressed with that. They give some light on him and he didn't bother to wear it but we haven't had to really use it.

Barbara Kreuz Madison, MS

I decided because I looked at all of them and I like the features that this one had. I've never had to use it. I use it every day I keep it on twenty four hours a day when I'm at home. Anytime I call them just to make sure it's working right, it works for me. I like it you can pay it yearly and not have to worry about monthly charges then you do get a discount when you pay it yearly.

Robert Crouse Mound City, MO

It was my daughter that made the decision to get it. Oh I haven't had to use it or anything, I just have it but I haven't needed it. Well I have no need for customer support I'm sorry, my daughter talked me into purchasing it and I send them $500 and I'm 93 years old any my wife just passed away recently and I live by myself and she thought that I needed something and she did some checking and she said that seemed to be the best one, I say well let's get it and I have not had to use it or anything. As far as I know it's alright.

R.P. Dallas, TX

I was looking for something that was mobile where my mother could leave the house with it and still be covered. She lived alone and she went about her typical activities anything that a ninety year old woman could do, she did go outside and there was only one time that she actually had to use it and she fell in the yard didn't hurt anything but she did fall and you know people were right there the EMS people did come.