Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Dale Manor
August 25th, 2014 Jackson, MI

Easy to hook up, and a better price then other ones.

JoAnn Deles-Dernier
August 25th, 2014 Glendale, AZ

Talked to several people since I received unit to test it and ask varies questions. Everyone was very polite and helpful.

Shirley Bateman
August 21st, 2014 Picayune, MS

Ricky did an outstanding job of explaining the medical alert in which I was interested. He was knowledgeable ,kind , and patient.

Ann
August 20th, 2014 Charlottesville, VA

Joe was very helpful, professional, and caring. He answered all questions we had and was very knowledgeable about your products. It was very easy to sign up and we are looking forward to the ease of installation promised by Joe. The only question I have (I didn't think of it while talking to Joe or I am sure he could have answered it) was when we should expect to receive the shipment. Thank you for making this an easy process!

Anita G. Shavers
August 20th, 2014 Yulee, FL

The person I spoke to was very nice and she answered all my questions. She took her time and didn't pressure me about my decision.

brenda
August 20th, 2014 Cleveland, OH

Service reps are patient and easy to talk to, and explanations are easy to understand. The product is simple and user-friendly.

Beverly Davis
August 20th, 2014 Fort Worth, TX

The sale rep example too me all about the medical system and different feather how it how you can use it it do not have too be a emergency it stay on a box at home are take it with You. The price and you can return it back anytime and no question ask no contract.

Opal
August 20th, 2014 Palatine, IL

Signing up was easy with Mike. However, I haven't received an email with a receipt of my purchase as he said I would.

Robin battista
August 19th, 2014 Brooklyn, NY

Hi. I haven't yet received a receipt by email and wondered if I could get one. I'm a non profit organization and purchased this for someone who contacted my charity so I need a receipt for my records. Thanks very much! Robin

Jim
August 19th, 2014 Kalona, IA

Your product comes well recommended. your service person "Ellen" is exceptional in her courtesy and very helpful. I am looking forward to an excellent product and a good working arrangement.

Joe S
August 19th, 2014 Brookville, PA

Michael is my customer service rep and has been extremely helpful and responsive and great to work with. Just signed up my 85 year old Mom and I know we will both sleep easier at night knowing she is protected! Looking forward now to receiving the equipment.

Luiis
August 19th, 2014 Los Angeles, CA

Very satisfied with customer service by Kevin Glim. Kevin showed his consideration for my personal situation and was always compassionate to my very delicate situation with my family member. Kevin reassured me of all vital information related to delivery and did an awesome job to keep me informed on tracking the items ordered. Highly recommend this product based on past experiences and the great people skills I received from this representative. Great relief! Many thanks!

Amy
August 19th, 2014 Brockton, MA

This was the easiest decision I have had to make! Mike answered every question and provided me with assurance that this would be a great fit for my Mom. This will provide peace of mind for me and my entire family. Thank you Mike!!!!!!!!

John Creamer
August 19th, 2014 Bumpass, VA

Great service

Mary Ann Parker
August 19th, 2014 Little Rock, AR

Ellen was the rep who helped me to register my 85 year old precious mother. Ellen was friendly and professional. I really appreciate that Ellen could get the order shipped today so I can soon breathe easier when my little mama is at home alone.

Diane Bresnik
August 19th, 2014 North Las Vegas, NV

Now I feel it's time to get some protection for myself, so I'm hoping Medical Guardian Alert System will do that for me. I've fallen twice during the first part of 2014, so now's the time for me to do something.

Jim Judy
August 18th, 2014 Greenville, PA

Ordered today for myself. George was very cordial and fully provided the information I needed. I am looking forward to the added sense of security.

Marilyn
August 18th, 2014 Clearwater, FL

Jessica was most helpful, but neglected to tell me about the Fall Detection feature, which is evidently very sensitive. If it goes off every time my brother rolls over in bed, he will quit wearing it. We will still give it a try. The comments also indicate that it needs to be set up. I was told one just plugs it in. Really too early to rate your service and product.

Debbie Lowe
August 18th, 2014 Portage, IN

Sam is the representative I spoke to. He was polite and helpful with all my questions. I was really excited when my uncle, who is 78, agreed to except this service.I live 30 minutes away and it gives me a peace of mind that help will be there for my uncle with the push of a button.

Renay
August 18th, 2014 Tuckerton, NJ

Michael was professional and knowledgeable. He was a instrumental in my decision to move forward with your company. He actually listened to our needs!

Jo Anna Ritchey
August 18th, 2014 Monrovia, CA

My salesman was polite, helpful, and not pushy. The experience thus far has been very good. I have yet to receive the equipment (expected in a couple of days). We undoubtedly have an opinion re equipment after using it a while.

Billy Steele
August 18th, 2014 Signal Mountain, TN

1 month in and I have not needed the system so far.Very well worth a steak dinner for a whole month of minimal worry.The associate Andy earned his paycheck the day I called to sign up.Cudos to all at Med.Guardian & I hope I need their services for @ least 10 more years.Thank You for your services !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

billclaer
August 18th, 2014 Porter, TX

I was very pleased with Gorge. He was very knowledge and polite

Susan L. Yingling
August 18th, 2014 Du Bois, PA

the guy who is setting me up (Robin Sargent) was very nice and helpful. thank-you

F.D. COULTER
August 18th, 2014 Clarksburg, WV

Andy was a good guide through the information maze. Did a good job of explaining uses of the system.

carolyn tasker
August 18th, 2014 Elk City, OK

Your salesman Robin Sergeant is exemplary in his skills all done with a personable attitude. He not only answered my questions but explained plans and was able to offer me exactly what I need at this time.

David Nesbitt
August 18th, 2014 Sterling Heights, MI

Shannon was very patient with our family. We got the product to give peace of mind to our handicapped daughter who has developed a choking issue recently. She spoke with our daughter and myself to work out some communications issues. We were very pleased with the front end of the process.

LINDA FRAVEL
August 18th, 2014 Mokena, IL

TRISTAN WAS SO HELPFULL AND POLITE HELPED ME AND ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS.MADE ME VERY SECURE IN ORDERING.

Ryan Ramsey
August 18th, 2014 Newbury Park, CA

I signed my 95 year old grand mother up today... Tristan was AWESOME on the phone, went through all the options, the plan and what-ifs. Super professional, polite, knowledgeable with no sweat-down to buy. I did it anyway.

John J.
August 18th, 2014 Demotte, IN

The sales rep. Sam was very helpful and made it easy to get instant help for my folks and peace of mind for me, since I live about an hour away. Now I know if something would happen, they would be taken care of and Guardian would call me. Thank You Sam

BARBARA
August 15th, 2014 Delray Beach, FL

i spoke to Harry. He was very professional, friendly, and very easy to communicate with.

Patricia Makowski
August 15th, 2014 Saint Paul, MN

Avant is Awesome! He is Kind, Patient, Knowledgable, Informative, and all around Excellent! He answered and explained all questions that I have concerning purchasing this alert system for my Mother. Thank you Avant!

Bernadette McCaffree
August 15th, 2014 Champaign, IL

I signed up today for myself. Lisa was excellent and answered all my questions with a great deal of patience. She was very knowledgable. I reviewed several others and this was the best deal with the nicest person.

Tiana Newell
August 15th, 2014 Denver, CO

I Signed up my mother in law today and the salesman, Ed, was very informative. He was very polite and respectful.

tricia
August 14th, 2014 Katy, TX

spoke to Shannon and orderers mobile unit for my mother in law. shannon was very helpful and professional and that is why we choose your company because of Shannoin!

Weyland Burns
August 14th, 2014 Phoenix, AZ

Tracy answered every question and even those we didn't know to ask. He completely covered every aspect of the system and our needs. He did it in a manner of providing information and not a high pressure sale. I purchased this service for my mother and as I told her you don't know you need it until you do need it then it is to late. I reviewed a number of other vendors and this had the best bang for the buck.

Mark
August 14th, 2014 Columbus, NE

Chris was very helpful and knowledge able to help me sign up

Marilyn
August 14th, 2014 Delray Beach, FL

I signed up today for my daughter and myself. Salesman, Ed, was very helpful.

Barbara Celello
August 13th, 2014 North Hills, CA

The "Guardian" was easy to install, directions simple to follow. It takes limited space. I placed the wrist button on my husband, for whom the emergency system was purchased. He has been a paraplegic for 50 years with MS (and other...). I was told two pendants would be included, however, only one was in the kit. Otherwise, all is in order and ready to use whenever necessary.

Kevin
August 13th, 2014 Lakeville, MN

Customer service agent, Tim, was absolutely fantastic. He listened to my needs and helped me build a package that suits my needs and is affordable. Customer service gets an A+ from me.

David Chojnowski
August 13th, 2014 Port Saint Lucie, FL

We felt Avant Jones answered every question we had and put my fears about my mother to rest.There was no hard sell, only understanding. Service was great. Our expectations were exceeded. Pricing is very reasonable. Thank you for giving us all piece of mind!

Stacie
August 13th, 2014 MD

I recently purchased the unit for my 75 year old father after 3 falls in one week. The customer service representative was awesome. Also when we called in to check the system we had an excellent experience again. All in all very pleased. This is such a relief. They give me peace of mind while Dad remains independent. It's a win win situation for me.

[email protected]
August 12th, 2014 Colorado Springs, CO

excelllent service; great follow up.

Connie Higgins-Miller
August 12th, 2014 Homestead, FL

Excellent info from Benjamin Fish the service rep. Very informative ... No hidden agendas with this company. Loved the transparency. Ordered 2 Fall Detection Systems- one for my dad and the other for my mother-in-law.

cheryl
August 12th, 2014 Drexel Hill, PA

Happy with service

Robert Shapiro
August 12th, 2014 Bridgewater, NJ

Customer Service unresponsive to request for second base unit needed because speaker can't be heard when upstairs and person wearing medalion is downstairs. This is a critical limiation resulting in false alarms to first resonders. We offered tp pay for a second base unit but customer service never answered our request.

Billy Steele
August 12th, 2014 Signal Mountain, TN

very strategic,little pushy,but I am so glad as I can not worry so hectically about my dear mother,so it sorta gives me a break to take care of stuff to get the ball rolling on other priorities,not more important but parallel in the transition to assisted care & can focus on the right choices to mak her happy & extend her life till I die.

Denise Fitzgerald
August 11th, 2014

Michelle was very pleasant and extremely helpful with explanation of services and sign up

Ivy Brown
August 11th, 2014 Memphis, TN

I set this system up for my 90 year-old mother. We both have peace of mind knowing this is a reliable resource. Recently, my Mom was relaxing on a lounge chair on her porch with the house door closed. She must have adjusted her position which accidentally set off the fall detector. Mom did not hear the monitor inside the house calling to her. Neither did she hear the Call Center calling the house phone and my cell phone was left in my car while I was out doing errands. No one was available to relay that Mom was safe at home so the local EMT's in her town were dispached to her home. You can imagine my Mom's surprise to find three EMTs hovering over her on her porch when she was perfectly fine. Now Mom knows how reliable the system is and also to take her cordless phone with her when she is out of earshot of the monitior. Also, Mom tapes the monitor to her PJ's at night to prevent false alarms if she changes positions in her sleep.

Haroldene Dickerson
August 11th, 2014 Portland, OR

Have not received monitor yet but contact wsalesman Ed was very good.