Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95–$49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Myrna Kobayashi
July 21st, 2017 Paauilo, HI

Medical Guardian allows me to do my chores with more confidence now, without the fear that there's nobody around to help me in case something happened. I'm glad it has the new feature where it does not have to be only attached to a telephone, so you can go outside.

Francis Kober
July 21st, 2017 Heathsville, VA

I've used it during the test period, and it was an excellent response! They answered my questions right away, and I really enjoy the service. They're very professional. The devices are on me every day, and I just walk around with it and even shower with it. Medical Guardian provides a great service, but the prices are rather steep. There are a lot of other services that are much cheaper.

Rita Tenner
July 21st, 2017

My family has the satisfaction that I have this device; they know I can reach for help in case I need it. I just wear the Pendant with the great dot in the center, and also take with me the GPS when I go out. The magnets that hold it together make it easy to release. The agent I spoke to was very knowledgeable, and he told me about the different things that were available. He also let me know what I could and couldn't do, and helped me select the device that was most appropriate to my needs. I'm only having trouble with the necklace, on the jump ring part. It seems like it will wear out soon.

Jim Stresenreuter
July 21st, 2017 La Luz, NM

I haven't had to use yet, but I have it with me all the time, just in case. My only suggestion would be that they should add more information on how to handle it when the power goes out.

Hai Nguyen
July 21st, 2017 San Jose, CA

I bought it for my father and mother-in-law. The reps are okay but the main thing is that it did not meet my expectation because my parent they don't speak English well, they are old... but they don't have Vietnamese interpreter.

Laura Evans
July 21st, 2017 Indiantown, FL

I haven't had the system for long, but I do have to say that I don't like to charge it every night for 4 hours.

John Higgins
July 21st, 2017 Caldwell, ID

They've always been very pleasant people to speak with. If I'm going somewhere, I just take the Base Unit with me.

Margaret
July 21st, 2017 Vero Beach, FL

I haven't it for long, but I think they should call me to see how I'm doing. It'd be great if they contact me, every now and then, to make sure it's working.

Ann Cronin
July 21st, 2017 Washington, DC

Frankly, I haven't used it. It's set up in my home, in case of an emergency. It was actually easy to set up. The materials were easy to read and follow; it was all user-friendly. I can say that their agents are very helpful, and speak clearly. They're also intelligent, nice and friendly.

Clements Dennings
July 21st, 2017 Kansas City, MO

I haven't had to use the service yet, but everything's been fine. It was set off accidentally one, and they just confirmed my name and made sure I was okay.

Carolyn Martin
July 21st, 2017 [email protected]

Their representatives have been very productive, cordial and professional. I haven't actually had to use it yet, but I do take it with me wherever I go. It makes my children and myself feel comfortable, knowing that I have this service.

Barbara Rolla
July 21st, 2017

My son kept asking me, year after year, if I had decided for an alert system for myself. I walk quite some distance to get from the entrance of the gate to my house, and even to my mailbox, so my main concern was the coverage. Actually, I thought there would be a phone included, because they said there would be good speakers included, but I couldn't find the speaker to talk to one of their representatives. I've just used it around my neck, and when it comes to getting a hold of them, I can say that they're very polite and easy to contact. My only suggestion towards Medical Guardian would be that they should make sure they have people that speak clearly and slowly for you, otherwise, it's hard to understand them since we're elderly people.

Naomi Rymer
July 21st, 2017 Greensburg, PA

It's been a very positive service so far, and the representatives are always pleasant. The only thing I would suggest is that they should extend their device's range.

Danielle Bock
July 21st, 2017 Lisbon Falls, ME

Customer service was really nice, and I've only called them to test the service. They did say they can hear me, anywhere in the house, but I'm not sure about that. I don't think they can hear me in other parts of the house.

Abyann Samson
July 21st, 2017 Long Beach, CA

I like their products because it was the smallest out there, with the features I was looking for. My mother just wears the pendant around her neck, and unlike other companies that required more devices, Medical Guardian offers an all in one system. Plus, the representatives have been good and helpful.

July 21st, 2017 Kenosha, WI

One thing I like about Medical Guardian is that I put it on my credit card, this way I don't have to worry about paying for it every month. I should've used it the other day I fell, but I completely forgot about it! Although, I do love the fact that I can take the little thing out with me wherever I go. I didn't know how to use it when I first got it, but the representatives explained that to me, and it was wonderful!

Ivory Thorne
July 21st, 2017 Cologne, NJ

I've spoken to their agents, and that's been very successful. I just wish their response time was quicker. Besides that, I wear the devices all day because I'm afraid of falling.

Judy Horn
July 21st, 2017 Grapevine, TX

So far, I haven't had to use the service, except for the normal routine calls to check in. Customer service has been fine, and to this point, everything has been very positive.

Robert Morris
July 21st, 2017 Aurora, KS

The representatives were professional but uneventful, however, I haven't had to use the service yet.

Yvonne Mitchell
July 21st, 2017 Placentia, CA

I'm a very busy person, and since the cord was too long, it hit things and reported that I had fallen. My daughter helped me change the length of it, but they should change the length of the string from the beginning.

Virginia Holtz
July 21st, 2017 Evansville, IN

I spoke to one of their representatives when the alarm went off, and they were always helpful and pleasant. Usually, I just put the alert monitor when we leave the house because at home I'm with her.

July 21st, 2017 Metairie, LA

2 weeks ago, my blood pressure went up, and I called for help with my device. The emergency crew came within 10 minutes, or less, so that was good. I just think that they should extend their area that they can reach the people for the same price a month. I would like to bring it with me when I go to the doctor's office, and not just around my apartment complex.

Ramona Kelley
July 21st, 2017 Crestview, FL

So far, I've only had to use it to test, but I like the fact that I can take a walk and feel perfectly safe. I'm just thrilled that I have the GPS; they can find me if I'm out and can't make it back. Their representatives have been really nice, especially the one that signed me up.

Howard Greene
July 21st, 2017 Boynton Beach, FL

Everything with the representative was simple. They've offered a very positive experience so far, and therefore, I wear the devices all day and all night.

Dorothy Dillon
July 21st, 2017 Montrose, CO

I bumped the device against a cabinet once, and somebody called me to see if I was okay. Now I know that if I fall outside and need help, I can punch this thing and somebody will answer me! I think it's a lucky thing to have!

Abbie Woodson
July 21st, 2017 Tuscaloosa, AL

The danger of falling when I'm alone is pretty serious, so I decided to purchase Medical Guardian. Dealing with their representatives was good. They were very informative and helpful. I accidentally activated once, and they came online right away, asking if I needed help. I do all kinds of things with the device on me, and it's been a very positive experience so far.

Teddy Caplen
July 21st, 2017 Boca Raton, FL

My pressure was very high once, and after calling, the paramedics came out right away and took me to the hospital. I don't really have any suggestions for Medical Guardian. I'm very happy with their service.

Patricia Carroll
July 21st, 2017 Raymore, MO

During the day, I just stick the device in my pocket and forget about it. I've never had to use it, but I like the way it's set up and everything.

Doris Johnson
July 21st, 2017 Baraboo, WI

The device is clear and easy to use. I've only used it for testing, but so far, everything has worked just fine.

Geoffrey Harris
July 21st, 2017 Monroe, PA

It works good! It charges good, and I'm very satisfied with it. My daughter purchased it for me because I'm a little unstable, but I've managed to be alright. Every time I go to my garden or to the store for groceries, I bring my system with me. I just think it would be nice if the charge lasted longer than 1 day. Besides that, everything has been a very positive experience.

Bill Hartnett
July 21st, 2017 Cincinnati, OH

I just got a bleeding wound a few days ago, and after punching the emergency button, they responded within 2 minutes with the EMT's coming to help. They also notified my son, and with the EMT's, they took me to the hospital. We spoke to a representative, and that was very interesting. I did an online search about them, and found out that it was the best one on the market! It's such a really good device.

July 20th, 2017 Avalon, NJ

The service is for my mother, and it just gives me a peace of mind that she wears it around the clock. I don't have any complaints; it's a good system. Plus, their agents are very helpful and courteous. That's just all I can say.

Henrietta Costa
July 20th, 2017 Haledon, NJ

Speaking to the representative was very pleasant. It's an excellent system, and my mother loves wearing the watch.

Sharon Bye
July 20th, 2017 Belleview, FL

My son was here with me to set up the devices, and their customer service was very good in explaining how to go about setting it up. There's not really much to say about them, but from what I can see, they're very good.

Sherri Taylor
July 20th, 2017 Ashtabula, OH

Thank goodness, I haven't had to use it, but the representatives have been very nice with me. They explained how to set up everything, and that was really easy. I'm quite pleased with the service.

Fred Golding
July 20th, 2017 Madison, OH

After a going through a Deep Brain Stimulation, I needed something that would help me in case something happened. I'm glad I haven't had to use the system yet, but I can say that their representatives have offered a good experience. I talked to one when I ordered the devices, and it was good.

Elizabeth Hensen
July 6th, 2017 Niagara Falls, NY

I did it for myself and because I'm alone in the house and I don't want something to happen to me. The rep was very polite and very helpful, but I haven't had any emergency

Janice Fallis
July 6th, 2017 Spokane, WA

I haven't had to use the service yet, but I'm very pleased with it as it is. They've offered a positive experience.

July 6th, 2017 Charles Town, WV

The only time I've spoken to a representative was when we were setting it up, but that was it. They were very helpful and nice. So far, I don't have any bad things to say.

Edith Richards
July 6th, 2017 Virginia Beach, VA

Medical Guardian's system is very responsive. It's for a loved one, and when the button was pushed, there was an instant response from the monitor within the main house, and it was immediately followed by a phone call to me. Also, the representative we spoke to was excellent, and very helpful! He was even able to give me some examples of how they have been used with a family member of his, and gave me more information about the service.

Rochelle Cleaver
July 6th, 2017 Dillsburg, PA

I was partly paralyzed one weekend, and Medical Guardian answered quickly when I called them. The paramedics took me to a nearby hospital and the response was very timely; I was very happy with the service. They were efficient, friendly, and nice!

July 6th, 2017 Elkton, MD

My mother wears the device around the house. I got it for her because she's alone and we needed to ensure her safety. She has not had to use it yet., but the reps we spoke to were very helpful and very pleasant.

Zwi Kohorn
July 6th, 2017 Chestnut Hill, MA

So far it's okay, I check it once a month with the company to make sure if it works, and that's about it so far. Thank God I didn't have any major problem where I'd need to call on it. Once when I had to use it and spoke with a representative, it was quick. He responded, but I didn't need any help; I managed to get up by myself. I put it around my neck during the day time, and I don't use it at night. I just walk with it in the house, so if something happens and I slip and fall, I would be able to call for help. I'm hard of hearing and I am alone in the apartment. I've fallen a couple of times and it was hard to get up, so that's why I got it.

R.G.
July 6th, 2017 Croton-On-Hudson, NY

I've only had it not even a month yet, but I'm kind of happy to have it. That is an extra little assurance in case I need help. My brother purchased it for me. He said he was quite satisfied with the process. I just leave the necklace on and I carry the base when I go with me, and when I go out I just put it in a case in my purse. I haven't used it yet other than to test it, and that works fine; the test was very easy.

Linda Flower
July 6th, 2017 West Palm Beach, FL

We got Medical Guardian for my husband and myself. I'm at work 5 days a week and my husband is home, so it's just as a precaution. It's kind of a peace of mind. The representatives have been very, very nice and very helpful, and very friendly. My husband accidentally pushed the button and from much to his surprise, they were there immediately. We have the fall alert on it and sometimes it seems it's little sensitive. Everyday when I was putting it back in its charger cradle, I accidentally set it off , and got an immediate response. That's the thing you have to be aware of; My husband and I are very active people, so you have to get accustomed to having it in front of you, because if you carry anything or do certain things, you can accidentally set it off. The response time was remarkable though; it was very surprising.

Louise Vilef
July 6th, 2017 Mashpee, MA

The representatives I spoke with were fine, very interesting, very reasonable. I haven't had to use the device for an emergency; I just got it for myself recently. As far as using it, I get up in the morning and I take a walk. I do some other exercise on some days, but basically I always just put the device in my pocket, or wear it.

Richard Howard
July 6th, 2017 Mt Airy, MD

We purchased the service as a fall protection for a loved one. We're relatively new to the system, so the alarm has only triggered by accident, however, their customer service was very polite, helpful and very courteous.

Lily Cazares
July 6th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

The rep was a very helpful, yet cordial person. I would certainly recommend this system for anyone in an older age range.

Maryann Naret
July 6th, 2017 Central City, PA

It just gives you a peace of mind. The representatives helped us set it up and all, but so far, I haven't had to use it yet.

Robert Kelly
July 6th, 2017 Omaha, NE

The paramedics came over the one time I used it. I had fallen in the bathroom and couldn't get up. They've been helpful every time I've spoken to them.