Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

James Townsend
December 6th, 2016 Waxhaw, NC

I bought the medical alert system for my parents. I have to say that this product is very user friendly. My parents were able to get it opened and synced by themselves. My father has used the service several times when he has fallen, and they have responded very promptly. We've been very pleased!

Charlotte Christopherson
December 6th, 2016 Palm Bay, FL

I first saw a TV ad and decided to call the number they had for Medical Guardian. I purchased it for myself because I have been sick for 6 months and have not been able to get better. The diagnosis was not good and I was constantly going to the doctor. I just needed something near me just in case I needed somebody to help me if I needed help right away. I feel happy with it and feel very safe while I am driving or by myself. I feel like there is somebody always there to help me if I need it right away. The sales team was very nice. I have recommended Medical Guardian several times to other people. Medical Guardian is so easy to use. I just followed the instructions and had it set up in a matter of minutes.

Baaron Hall
December 6th, 2016 College Place, WA

I found out about Medical Guardian through the internet. I purchased the standard plan because someone I knew needed access to emergency help if he was by himself. The service was good. The problem is he doesn't keep the medallion on. We have been satisfied overall with Medical Guardian.

Urszula Narkiewicz
December 6th, 2016 Snohomish, WA

I am pretty old and live alone. I found this product online. I got it because I want the peace of mind. I haven't had to use it yet but I know how to and it makes me feel good. I give them an 8.

Audrey Peterson
December 6th, 2016 Round Rock, TX

I found this product online. Its simple and easy to use, but I haven't had to use it yet. Tthe company has been great to work with any time I call them though and they answer all of my questions. The price is just right too. I give them a 10.

Carmella Bush
December 6th, 2016 Miamisburg, OH

I got this for my mom. She has been falling a lot. I found this company on google and they had really good reviews. So far we are very pleased with the product. We went with it because it is so simple. We haven't had to use it yet, but I know that it works. We give them a 10.

Olga R
December 6th, 2016 Huntington Station, NY

My mom was falling a lot and she lives alone. So I we decided to get her a medical alert device. I found Medical guardian, I don't remember what product it is yet because I have never personally used it. But I know that she is happy with it so far. Once my mother dropped the pendant setting off the alarm. She got a call immediately and I got a text letting me know that the alarm went of. I'm glad it was an accident but it is nice to know that the product works. I give them a 10.

Willias Dees
December 6th, 2016 Sardis, MS

I live alone and my health isn't the best. I found this product on the internet. I have the product that you wear. I love the convenience of it, but I have accidently pressed the button a few times by bumping it on the table or counter. I also wish the alert was a bit louder. But overall, I am satisfied. I would give them a 9.

Dom Catarinicchia
December 6th, 2016 Hamilton, NJ

I have heart problems and live alone so I thought this would be a good product for me. I have the medical pendant. It gives me peace of mind. I haven't had to use it yet, but when I tested it it worked very well. Very satisfied so far.

Donna Short
December 6th, 2016 Nitro, WV

I had an accident and I was recuperating at my sister-in-law's house. She ordered this for me just in case. I have the medical pendant. The battery doesn't seem to last as long as I thought it would. That worries me if there is ever an emergency.

Leonard Kane
December 6th, 2016 Ladera Ranch, CA

I found medical guardian on the internet. I have the medical pendant. So far I am really satisfied with it, though I haven't had a need to use it. I've talked to customer service a few times, and they were great.

Jane Schrevelius
December 6th, 2016 Pottstown, PA

I was doing research on the internet and came across medical guardian. I decided that I don't feel comfortable being alone without it. I haven't had any emergency yet, thankfully, but it seems to work well. I have had to contact customer support a few times and they were good. I would give them an 8.

Steven Davis
December 6th, 2016 Matawan, NJ

It's fine I never used it though. I'm always here but if i'm not here, I wanna make sure he can use it. I decided he needed it because he falls all the time.

Martha Kelly
December 6th, 2016 Levittown, PA

It was something that I saw and because my mother-in-law lives so far away we felt this would be a good idea. I am satisfied that when I'm there with her she checks with them and they respond. We've never had to use it yet, so I hope were satisfied. At this point were satisfied.

Carolyn Fry
December 6th, 2016 Melbourne, FL

I went online searching for this service. I would recommend it to my friends and family if they needed something. It's excellent. Very satisfied.

Alene Vinning
December 6th, 2016 Baton Rouge, LA

I wear mine all the time. I wear my little thing around my neck and I keep everything in order. I check it out all the time to make sure because I do live by myself and if I fall or something this is what I have to rely on. I haven't had the opportunity to actually use it which I'm fortunate there that I'm a little careful when I walk I make sure where I'm walking, watch where I'm going. Also, at my home I have the ADT channelled to the house but I do feel safer having this thing that I can wear around my neck or my wrist because if someone broke in this would give me time to call the police. Because the police know I got it and if I punch that thing they going to come. And if it's somebody breaking in it'll take a little bit longer with ADT. ADT works fine and comes on. It's good I'm not saying it's not. Anyway, it's very comforting to know that it's fast as it is, because if I press it right now it would come right on. That's how fast they are and I know because when I get ready to leave I do call them but I usually unplug it first and they immediately know, no electricity and all that kinda stuff immediately so I haven't found anything wrong with it yet.

Edward Ramirez
December 6th, 2016 Seattle, WA

Very good so far, we haven't had to use it. We purchased the home monitoring and medical monitoring, I don't know what other services they have. My husband had some surgery and I was frankly just worried when I was gone especially for a day or two you know? So that's why we got it.

Leona Pick
December 6th, 2016 Cocoa, FL

It was very good, I've had no problem in operating it. I‘ve called for assistance to ask questions and they've always answered them. Sometimes I touch it without realizing I did but their always nice when they answer they just wanna know if I need help and I tell them no it was an accident and that's all that I have to do.

Lisa B
December 6th, 2016 Hales Corners, WI

It's very good. I got the pendent for the monitoring of my safety you know the one where you push a button if i'd fallen down and I need help so I went on the internet and searched for the best coverage. I had another one prior to this just because I'm disabled my MS and I have equilibrium problems I can fall. Basically I have no use of my left leg so I have had falls in the past and I've had some kind of protection for several years and so I then decided to switch to medical guardian because it was more reliable. The setup was very easy, I handled that all by myself. Easy to understand and very good. My experience with the sales rep was also good. They left out a few things or maybe I failed to ask. I was upset that there wasn't a 24 hour customer service because the monitoring is done separate by a different company then the people who manufacture it and sell the device so it's a different company that they monitor several different accounts so it's not just medical guardian and so that was kind of a bummer that I didn't know previously. I do have some issues about that though that I think that they have that are detrimental to them. Like I said they don't have the people who monitor us, if you call and say I'm at a different address they say, “well will make a note of it.” But you have to call them during their operating hours so it gets into the computer. It's just the last group I was with, if you called the people who were doing the monitoring they had computer access to my account and could update anything, but every time I call in I have to repeat. Even at medical guardian they don't keep my home address in the system. They just deal with where you were last and where you are going to. I can't say I'm going back home because they don't have my home address permanently put in there nor do they have the pin numbers for my lock boxes. That doesn't get saved! It's very irritating! That's the biggest problem I have with them is that they don't retain any of your files. That's unheard of! I'm sure there billing department has my home address and all that you can be sure of that when it comes down to money they go it. To constantly say where I am at and then call and if it's after they close, which I have in my cell phone, I've got a call back during the separate hours. In fact, medical guardian is one phone number I have and it's Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm but on weekends which is usually when we're coming and going there only open from 9:00 to 5:00 and then for our customer service it's provided by a company called mobilehelp and they have an 800 number that you can call them rather than pressing the button and you can call them and say well i've returned home. Well, they don't have any of that data where you can give them your address so you have to again repeat what your front door pin number is, but you really have to call again the next day to medical guardian. I think that is the biggest failing in the system. You have to constantly be calling 2 numbers to update where you are and you have to update what the lock boxes is because we have a home in Northern Wisconsin that we go to and it's got a different lock box and a different key number. So it's just a little aggravating that they don't in this day and age where everything follows you around like a puppy every time you go to a website you get cookies and all this stuff that they can't keep track of your data better...that's my biggest problem with them. I was using a device that verizon had called sure response and they had great data working with another company that was doing the data and that was doing the monitoring. They had several but they would always answer the phone as sure response. They knew if you were a sure response customer just by your phone number and it would come up on the screen immediately if you called or pushed your pendant. The thing was that the pendant wasn't water proof and the transmitter was in the pendant that you hung around your neck and you couldn't get it wet cause it couldn't function so what good is that? So anyway I wanna stay on medical guardian but that would be the biggest problem I have with them.

Von Wilborn
December 6th, 2016 Huntersville, NC

My grandmother already had it and my mother was turning 86 years old and she was the one we got it for. Everything was very self explanatory very simple and we were very pleased.

Russel Lungerich
December 6th, 2016 Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Excellent and easy to use. Much better than EDT which I had previously had because the button I press for help is around my neck and I had previously had EDT and was not happy with EDT because I had to the actual button only rang where the base unit was which was not very useful because it wasn't with me.

Caltropia Wilder
December 6th, 2016 Philadelphia, PA

I recently had surgery, and when I had fallen the last time, we decided to get one. The people at Medical Guardian were great to work with. My experience so far has been very good. It is nice to have peace of mind that in the event that I fall, I can press the response button and get someone to help me.

Jan Thompson
December 6th, 2016 Kelseyville, CA

Everything was so simple throughout the entire process from purchasing to setting up. The level of service from the people I worked with was superior. Medical Guardian is probably the very best one on the market. They cover the whole USA and make you feel extremely confident when you're out and about.

Patrick Wallace
December 6th, 2016 Simi Valley, CA

I have a medical condition, and I live alone so I wanted to make sure that I have a way to get help if any sort of problem occurred. I initially contacted several other companies, but the other ones were more expensive. I decided to go with Medical Guardian and purchased the wristband and necklace. Both of these have been very easy to operate and figure out. The sales team was very professional and explained everything to me to help me feel comfortable. Overall, the company is very terrific, especially when you look at the price compared with other competitors. The service is phenomenal and the equipment is great.

T.A.
December 6th, 2016 Boerne, TX

I did some research online for my father in law. He has been getting up in years so we were concerned about him. I wanted to make sure he had a system that was accessible where he could just push a button and get service inside or outside his home. The service with Medical Guardian was very easy to set up and it worked very well. My father in law has called numerous times by accident, but it worked great. Medical Guardian seems like a very well run company.

Myrtle Underwood
December 6th, 2016 Palmyra, TN

My mother lives alone, so after doing a Google search for medical alert systems, I found Medical Guardian. It was very easy to set up. The company has always been very quick to answer any questions we have had. We haven't had any issues at all. Overall, I would give them 10 stars!

Loretta Connelly
December 6th, 2016 Chicago, IL

I first heard about Medical Guardian on the internet after looking for something for my mom in case of an emergency. We went with the monitor that goes around the neck. My mother had something similar in the past, and we decided that it was time for her to get a new one. The whole process from start to finish has been very easy.

Bernice Hecht
December 6th, 2016 Longwood, FL

I first heard about Medical Guardian online after my mother started falling when she was alone. We got the necklace for her, but we haven't really had to use it. Even though she hasn't taken any spills lately, everything about the service has been great. It was very easy to open for a person who can't see very well, and the people were very friendly and consultative. Keep up the good work!

Ava Harper
December 6th, 2016 Snyder, TX

After doing some research online, I found Medical Guardian and decided to purchase the service for my mother. She's 83 and had chosen to live alone. I was concerned that she might fall or need emergency service, so we decided to get the medical alert service for her. It was very easy to set up, install, and get going. Everything about the process was easy. Although we haven't had to use it yet, it gives us peace of mind for if something does happen.

Ann L. Aron
December 6th, 2016 Fort Collins, CO

The service was excellent and delivery was prompt.

Mike McFerrin
December 6th, 2016 Shelbyville, TN

Extremely pleased so far. Install was simple and straightforward. Product was as advertised. Customer service was exceptional! My only complaint was the packing of the equipment! Base and wrist button came out of bubble wrap during transit. Box was too big and very poorly packed. I'm surprised everything still worked!

Marjorie Bauer
December 6th, 2016 Leominster, MA

I first saw Medical Guardian on the internet, and my mother saw an ad on TV. We didn't initially buy one of the medical alert systems until I came home one day and found my mother on the floor where she had fallen. I told her that we needed to get her something that she could push if that happened again so she could get help. The peace of mind that has come has been great.

ES
December 6th, 2016 Tallahassee, FL

Doctor advised that he needed it. We haven't used it, but we feel safe with it. Sales team has helped us numerous times like when we had a hurricane and they promptly responded within 5 minutes. Perfectly satisfied with it.

Sylvia Nolan
December 6th, 2016 Underhill, VT

She's 91 years old, sometimes she's by herself and we wanted her to have something to call on if she needed help. So far it's fine. Very good.

JS
December 6th, 2016 Independence, MO

Ordered the basic package. We haven't used it for any particular reason other than just testing it once a month. Very easy, simple to use. Very courteous employees and took the time to answer my any questions my family had.

Shirley Fields
December 6th, 2016 Millport, AL

Needed a service for my mom and decided to go with it. So far so good! Very pleased with the time being.

JL
December 6th, 2016 Portland, OR

My daughter told me about it and I'm living alone, so I thought it was a good safety measure. Good service and equipment but had a little trouble switching my location.

Delores Welch
December 6th, 2016 Claremore, OK

90 yrs old and I live alone. Employee was very nice, pleasant. Simple instructions as they were told. Satisfactory.

Thomas Falletta
December 6th, 2016 Port St. Lucie, FL

My father is elderly and doesn't have nearby family and service has been excellent. Very satisfied with product.

Carolyn Nelon
December 6th, 2016 Fort Worth, TX

Heard about this at a doctor's office and never had to use it, but it makes me satisfied, it's here if I need it.

CB
December 6th, 2016 Perryopolis, PA

I have the necklace thing like if I'm upstairs and fall in the bathroom. I'm severely crippled with arthritis, an amputee, and in a wheelchair and I'm alone a lot of the time. It stays on and works all the time, so I guess it's fine. Help is excellent and very nice.

Wanda Young
December 6th, 2016 Clermont, FL

I'm alone in Florida with no friends. Sales team told me the facts of the whole thing and so far service is great. Using it? Nothing to it. They've come through for me.

Carolina Landona
December 6th, 2016 Shelton, CT

Have a necklace stand alone unit for my mom. Very easy to use. Fine service.

John Perry
December 6th, 2016 Milford, MA

Just have the basic service. So far very satisfied, only thing I'm kinda not about about is one time I pushed the button and they said I called and I did not. I'm worried that they have no access to the house and my door could have been broken in. Equipment is easy to use just wish I could talk to EMTs before they show up.

Dianna Parker
December 6th, 2016 Panora, IA

I found Medical Guardian by just researching. The sales team is deceiving and the service is irritating and frustrating at times. Hate that I have to charge the thing.

Shelia Degus
December 6th, 2016 The Villages, FL

Very good sales team. Very good service. Very good overall experience.

Corinne Grizzard
December 6th, 2016 Topeka, KS

A family member first told me about Medical guardian and I decided to get the mobile and home alerts for my elderly parent who lives alone. Overall, the service has been excellent and customer service has been very helpful. The system is very easy to use and comforting knowing that help is only a phone call away.

Barabara Gunther
December 6th, 2016 Noblesville, IN

We first learned about Medical Guardian through a publication that we got. We decided to purchase it because we are elderly and needed some extra security just in case anything happened. We have the emergency access button and have been very satisfied. The people are also very easy to talk to.

John Corogin
December 6th, 2016 Marco Island, FL

I discovered Medical Guardian while I was doing some online research. I purchased it for a loved who lives alone. He wears the pendant that is monitored. The portable service provides him with safety wherever he is in the country. Overall, the service and sales team have been good. I only wished that they would broaden the scope so it is tied with the local police.

Elizabeth Ehler
December 6th, 2016 Anderson, SC

I first found out about Medical Guardian when I was searching online. I have the basic plan and it has been fine for me. I decided to get the service for my love one after she had a stroke. I was originally talking with a different medical alert company, but had a bad experience with customer support. Medical Guardians customer service has been much better.