Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Medical Guardian Logo

Medical Guardian

verified
$100 Guarantee
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

The Good

• Price
  • New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Price

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system.

Contract

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.

Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.

Monitoring

Medical Guardian has a 24/7 monitoring service and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout.

Risk Assessment

Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. It has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Rosalinda Maxwell
December 7th, 2015 Florissant, MO

the representative was helpful n helping me set up and test my system I feel much safer living alone

Clarice Lovelace
December 7th, 2015 Apache Junction, AZ

Very pleased with my whole encounter with Medical Guardian personnel. The product is just what I need and is working well. I now feel more secure being alone in my home not having to worry about what would happen to me if I needed assistance.

Mark
December 7th, 2015 Las Vegas, NV

Nothing on my order was correct. Directions were not followed, wrong items sent. Subsquent calls to sales person address issues\only resulted in another mistake (wrong items) being sent AGAIN. This seriously makes me question how your company would handle a real emergency. I regret that I selected your company.

Fran
December 4th, 2015 Cedar City, UT

From the moment we received our system we have had nothing but superb support from the customer service team. We are in our 80s and they were so great I have recommended this system to our son and our neighbors. GREAT COMPANY!!

Julie Courter
December 3rd, 2015 Tipton, IA

I worked with Tim, on chat on computer and then again by phone. He was phenomenal in helping me understand why your product/services are above the others! I expect we will be pleased with the equipment/service as well, we are waiting for it to arrive now anytime.

Denice Cadena
December 3rd, 2015 Converse, TX

I am extremely unhappy. I thought I order from Guardian but am redirected to medical alert, a phone that has yet to answer when I call. I am given selections to make and none of them work on 4 separate occasions. Also they say they are closed during hours they advertise to be open. I got 2 exact buttons for MOM to wear, why would that be needed and who would wear them. I want to discuss what to do with this but I cannot speak to anyone. Guardian number answers the one with the alert does not and one interaction with woman from alert after help getting connected she was not helpful and not interested in my concerns. If this is who guardian has doing service I will not be doing business with this company. I will let you know how getting my money back works.

Georgia patcheck
December 3rd, 2015

Did not receive 911unit which I ordered and paid for.

Bertha Yanez
December 2nd, 2015 Sherman Oaks, CA

The first device was defective and was replaced in a timely manner. However, my Mother had a high degree of anxiety as she was notified by mail that the original device had not been returned and she was going to be charged $350 if it was not received by a certain date. On my way to Modesto to be with her I received a phone call regarding the same issue and was informed that it was just a "reminder" call. Upon my arrival in Modesto, after reading the letter my Mother had received, I called and spoke to a representative, told them my sister had already sent the unit, and why, since your company supplied the shipping label had your company automatically not initiated a tracking of the package. I then spoke with my sister who was in MS working on property she owns there and she told me where the receipt for the FedEx shipment was. I immediately wrote a letter with a copy of the receipt. Even after that letter was sent, we received another letter warning of the $350 charge. When my sister returned, she was told that the unit was sitting in your warehouse during all that time. It seems to me your company has to establish a better system of tracking its products. So far, my Mother seems pleased with the way the unit is working. She is managing to do the weekly checks. Hopefully, if some emergency occurs, it will function properly.

Laura Miller
December 2nd, 2015 Atascadero, CA

Mike was courteous and helpful in choosing the equipment based on our needs.I do wish the equipment could have been sent more expeditiously. But the important point will be how well the system works. Thank you

Dawna
November 24th, 2015 Smithfield, NC

Since my father is a simple man, he needed a simple plan. We purchased the premium plan- fall detection and GPS. We tried out the device on our own before we gave it to our father (twice as a matter of fact). The monitoring company was timely, precise, and pleasant.

Lawrence Gilligan
November 24th, 2015 Leonardtown, MD

Medical Guardian is for my Mom (83 yrs). Set-up process was smooth and friendly, everything seemed to make sense. Mom knows it's alright to just ask for help, or if pushed accidentally.

Barbara Blue
November 16th, 2015 Lakeland, FL

Excellent salesperson. Took lots of time explaining the process to me. Answered all my questions, very polite and helpful

William Bolitho
November 16th, 2015 New Castle, CO

All my questions were answered as to how the device works. Felt the need to have an alert system and this sounds quite satisfactory.

Trish Dorman
November 16th, 2015 Anchorage, AK

Received a call back right away. All of my questions were answered, and Michelle gave me her direct contact number if there were additional questions. Very professional service was provided.

Richard H Choate
November 13th, 2015 Lowell, MA

Inquired about receiving a credit due to the fact that my system was never activated because my parents require coverage 24 hours 7 days a week. I was informed that a credit was being issued for $353 , I received my VISA statement and the amount is only $279.60. Very disappointed with your action, does your company need the $79.40 that bad. I certainly would think that you people would allow exceptions with different circumstances. I don't understand why I was told one thing with the final outcome being different.

Angela Edwards
November 12th, 2015 Houston, TX

The representative was knowledgeable, answered my questions without hesitation, and provided superior service all the way around. Without reservation, I would highly recommend Medical Guardian's services.

Sue
November 11th, 2015 Paw Paw, MI

Awesome would mean that you gave me a month free. :) I tried a different company 1st and knew I could not deal with them - way too pushy! Your rep listened - imperative. Very glad I made this choice, it felt right immediately.

L. Sette
November 11th, 2015 Newington, CT

From the moment the unit was purchased, everything went smoothly - received the unit within 2 days and it was a breeze to install. Thank you from me and my mother for whom we purchased it.

Lois Hopkins
November 11th, 2015 Verona, WI

I ordered the wrist button, but got the neck pendant. I called and was told it would come overnight shipment. Four days later it had not come. When I called there was no record of it having been shipped. This time it came but was missing the return label they were to send for the pendant. Otherwise the setup went fine, also the testing.

Daniel Zeigler
November 11th, 2015 Taylor, MI

Very professional and helpful. Not pushy. sold what was needed. Only glitch was CC expiration was taken down wrong. Would recommend!

annette hammel
November 11th, 2015 Euclid, OH

after reviewing several companies for a life alert system for our precious parents we chose guardian life. our rep Ed was so personable, answered all of our questions, guided us through the ordering process just an all around nice gentlemen and so helpful - never got angry when we called him over and over and very patient.

Joel Twardokus
November 11th, 2015 Ankeny, IA

Everyone was very helpful & mirrored back to me everything we talked about!

Tina Helton
November 9th, 2015 Fultondale, AL

Michael was very nice but not very efficient. He had to ask most questions twice and still had my last name wrong at the end of the sign-up process. Also, after he repeated everything else, I had to request that he repeat the credit card information. I did order on a weekend but a wait time of 30 minutes to talk to someone still seems excessive. I also called your Customer Service line and it took 15 minutes for that line to be answered. I was ordering your product for a 2nd parent. I think your devices and contracts are great but service is lacking.

Barbara Craig
November 3rd, 2015 Elizabethton, TN

My experience was excellent. The representative I purchased the life alert system from was knowledgeable, professional, friendly. When connecting the system for my aunt I had to call customer service (I admit I am technically challenged). She was wonderful, patient, and knew her stuff. A big thank you to these two people.

Steve
November 2nd, 2015 Ronkonkoma, NY

My experience with Medical Guardian was great. Sam the customer rep was excellent and informative. All my concerns and questions were answered. The equipment was shipped promptly, and installation was seamless. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who has security concerns for an elderly parent!

Ernest santoro
November 2nd, 2015 Milford, CT

Despite cancelling service end of July, returning equipment, supplying tracking info, calling, emailing and now being required to fax, we are still having cost taken out of our account! Now the customer service rep says she has to turn it over to investigative team! How about you return our money and own your error. I just notified bank these are UNAUTHORIZED WITHDRAWALS

June Blankenship
October 29th, 2015 Bainbridge Island, WA

The salesman was very helpful in getting us the device we need for my father. He was very knowledgeable and able to provide the information I needed. He may have worked a little too hard at selling me the device, as I already knew this was what we needed as long as it worked in the area Dad is. I would like to ad that when I called for an additional question the next day he was also very helpful in then directing me to the appropriate people to help me.

wanda w moser
October 26th, 2015 Brevard, NC

I was able to connect the equipment OK. There is a lot of static which I expect to be cleared up when I have time to call for help.

Ponte
October 26th, 2015 Saint Peters, MO

Apprecrated talking to a knowledge employee. Not pushy Enjoyed the conversation and insight provided .allowed me to make a decision right away Thanks Bob ordered it yesterday received it today GREAT!!!!

Brosius-Brouse Phyllis
October 23rd, 2015 Brownsburg, IN

Some minor equipment problems. No account access on line.

Dorothy Jo Gallo
October 22nd, 2015 Columbia, MO

Not good. Device not functioning. I was phoning back and forth several times with service and trying outlets all over. Supposedly another one is being sent. I paid for an entire year and am not a bit happy.

Steve Slack
October 22nd, 2015 Fort Wayne, IN

I have found everything to be as adveritsed. Both Sales & Customer Service are excellent. They patiently answered questions I had during the initial inquiry & during setup.

Cheryl A. Welck
October 21st, 2015 Milton, DE

Personable, knowledgeable, thorough. Understood, completely, for what I was looking. Answered all questions I had in a friendly but professional matter.

Steve Pietrzak
October 19th, 2015 Trenton, NJ

Fast service and shipment.

Dianne Lane
October 19th, 2015 Waynesboro, VA

Everyone was helpful, courteous and professional. The are alot of emergency alert systems out there but I feel confident that we have chosen to right one for our father. Thank you.

Mark Frazar
October 19th, 2015 Belton, TX

Called to order my equipment and had a very pleasant experience with the customer service agent Mr. Jones. Mr Jones took care of all my concerns with the price and the delivery of my equipment. I would recommend Medical Guardian to anyone that needs to be monitored for safety reasions

L. Hewitt
October 19th, 2015 Mountlake Terrace, WA

I placed my order with Ed B (can't remember his name). After I had hung up I realized I had given him the wrong credit card. I had wanted to use another card, so I called back and was told he was stepped away. I left a message but never heard from him. The term "Service after the sale" springs to mind.

Ken Wackes
October 19th, 2015 Altamonte Springs, FL

Have not received the device. Was billed for September. What happened?

Vernon Rochlin
October 19th, 2015 Morrisville, VT

The site was very user friendly and answered my questions.

Gail Hesser
October 16th, 2015 Leavenworth, KS

the gentleman that assisted me was very knowledgeable and looked out for my best interests. He was a very pleasant person. It was very nice dong business with him. A compliment to the company.