Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95–$49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Sharlene G
August 2nd, 2017

Good service when I needed them

Bob T
August 2nd, 2017

I never actually needed for emergency. Just having it available was all I needed. Husband has ALS and I was afraid of falls and with the wrist band I felt he was protected the few times a week I was out of the house. Good (rental) purchase.

Linda G
August 2nd, 2017

I have not had to use my system but when I do an equipment check they are very polite and ask all the right questions.

Geraldine B
August 2nd, 2017

The system is great. The challenge is to get my mother to wear it, push the button when she should.

Karan B
August 2nd, 2017

Too expensive and to cumbersome!

Marvin F
August 2nd, 2017

I cannot figure out how to terminate the service. It does not appear to be convenient in any way,

Steve Jones
August 2nd, 2017 ID

They're very helpful people, and although speaking to them was good, I'm still looking into other alternatives for my father.

Curtisteen Walter
August 2nd, 2017 NY

It seems like it would supply my needs. It's efficient, a little expensive, but otherwise, I was happy with what I heard about it. Plus, their representative was excellent.

Vincent Gaiter
August 2nd, 2017 CO

My mother wanted a safeguard when she's by herself, and considering she has some health issues, we decided to get her Medical Guardian. It was a simple device that she could carry with her everywhere, without needing a whole lot of other complicated connections. It was an easy to use product, and they had great consumer ratings. On top of that, the system was very easy to set up, and their agents were very professional.

Kathy Connell
August 2nd, 2017 NY

I felt like they had everything that my mother needed, and I felt like they were responsive to my questions and my concerns. The representative was very good, and it was a positive experience, so I signed up.

Charlotte Brancon
July 28th, 2017 Denver, CO

My son purchased Medical Guardian for me. I keep it in my pocket, and I haven't had to use it. My suggestion for the company would be to make the device that you carry smaller.

Ann Hardy
July 28th, 2017 Winter Haven, FL

We switched to Medical Guardian because they had a lot of features that the one I was using before doesn't have. So far I'm pleased with what I've gotten, and how it should work if I need it. It was purchased for me by my daughter because she couldn't be with me all the time. She wanted to make sure that I could get help if I needed it, since I've had a couple of medical problems in the past. Thank God I haven't had to use it yet. I wear it all day, everyday, in case something happens. I take the GPS thing whenever I leave the house. I go to doctor's appointments and therapy appointments and once in a while I get to go out for lunch while wearing it.

Linda
July 28th, 2017 York, PA

It was very nice speaking with them. They were very understanding, they explained everything to me and it was fine. They were very good to me. I'm not as steady as I used to be and there are times when I wouldn't be able to call my family that I live with, so I thought this would make me a little more independent. I wear it all the time, so I feel it's made me feel very comfortable and more confident than when I didn't have anything. I've been very lucky. I haven't had to use it, except for when I hit it by accident and it called them, which was embarrassing, but we got it all straightened out.

Mitchell Dupre
July 28th, 2017 Pine City, MN

I got the device for someone else; I just make sure they're wearing it. After speaking with a representative, it seems very good for them. It's been a good experience.

Neil Genderen
July 28th, 2017 Matthews, NC

I just put it on in the morning and go. The Medical Guardian Representative is excellent

Douglas Carter
July 28th, 2017 Killeen, TX

I wear it everyday because I have a fall risk. I used it once just a couple of weeks ago when I fell. They've really done good for me. Speaking with their representative was good; it was very informative.

July 28th, 2017 Chapel Hill, NC

I have it on my wrist 24/7, and anytime I go any place I take my charger. I got it for myself 6 weeks ago because my husband just died 7 weeks ago, and I'm alone in the house. I do have some health issues and I just wanted to be safer. I've never used it yet; In the next day or two I'll call in for my monthly check-in but nothing other than that. My son spoke to their representative and he had no problems.

Sue Perry
July 28th, 2017 Boring, OR

It's for my mother, and she wears it all the time. It's good for her, especially because she lives alone. She used it once already, and the response time was quick, so it's been a positive service.

July 28th, 2017 Great Valley, NY

The only time I spoke to one of their representatives was when I was trying to decide which company I wanted to go with. Whoever I spoke with was very pleasant, very informative, and that convinced me to stay with Medical Guardian.

Barbara Stephenson
July 28th, 2017 Hillsborough, NC

They've been very helpful with the information they provide when I call in. All I do now is put it on in the morning, and keep it on until bedtime.

July 28th, 2017 St. Petersburg, FL

I haven't had to use it yet but I am so thankful to have it just in case I do fall or in case I get stuck somewhere where I'm by myself. My only experience dealing with their representatives was when I signed up for it. That was a very good and helpful experience. It just makes me feel a lot safer to know that I can get help at the press of a button,

Gloria Kalmerton
July 28th, 2017 Cañon City, CO

Usually, I sleep with the device on, and take it with me when I go outside. The only thing that I don't like is that you got to carry that little power pack thing if you're outside. Hopefully I'll get used to it, because I feel safer and more secure with it. Plus, the representatives answered my questions and gave me a lot of information, so that was good.

Joann Ogaarad
July 28th, 2017 Little Elm, TX

The reason I chose Medical Guardian was because the company showed good ratings online. My daughter helped me set up everything, but so far, everything has been a great experience. I haven't had a problem with the service.

Barbara Quimby
July 28th, 2017 Auburn, CA

I'm very satisfied with it! I wear it regularly, and although I haven't used it yet, Medical Guardian has offered a very positive experience.

Elise Hiller
July 28th, 2017 Malvern, PA

They called quickly when they sensed there was a fall. Fortunately, there wasn't one, but they were polite and professional. Keep improving!

Rebecca Lopez
July 28th, 2017 Appomattox, VA

I've spoken to their representatives several times, and they've always been very informative, very polite, and very patient. I'm very happy with the unit, and everything's been fine, as far as I'm concerned.

July 28th, 2017 Trenton, NJ

I've never pushed the button, but their agents are very pleasant, very cordial and very helpful. I wear the wristband and the lanyard throughout the day, so it's there for me in case I fall.

Arnold Biegen
July 28th, 2017 Wanaque, NJ

Customer service has been very pleasant. We haven't used the service yet, but I happen to be very happy with them.

Jeffrey Hess
July 28th, 2017 Abingdon, MD

The time I spoke to the representatives, everything went smoothly. Although I haven't had to use it, I wear the device 24/7, wherever I go, just in case.

July 28th, 2017 Pittston, PA

When I called Medical Guardian's customer service, it took them a really long time to answer. If the fire department is knocking on the door and they have to call them, it's going to take long to get an answer.

Gerald May
July 28th, 2017 Clay, NY

I have it just to make sure that I get a hold of somebody to help me if I fall. Actually, their representatives are very courteous and they know what they're talking about. This service just seems to be quite handy. My wife uses the Pendant and I use the Bracelet.

Betty Tate
July 28th, 2017 Chattanooga, TN

My granddaughter purchased it for me, and the service has been great. Plus, their customer service is fine. Fortunately, I've only used it for testing so far.

Dorothy Hood
July 28th, 2017 Greencastle, PA

The service is for my mother-in-law, who is elderly and lives alone. She hasn't used it, but it's a comfort for her, to know that it's there if something happens. We actually test the system all the time. It helps her feel more comfortable with the system, and the representatives are always very kind and polite. They're very nice to work with. Overall, we're very happy with it.

Betty Nelson
July 28th, 2017 Newfane, VT

I'm very satisfied with everything! When I go out alone, I bring the necklace with me, along with the GPS attachment. Their representatives are very helpful, and very professional.

Mohani Shiwmangal
July 28th, 2017 Kissimmee, FL

Their people are very helpful! So far, I'm fortunate enough not to use it, but they should continue doing a good job. They've helped a lot of people!

Joan Montgomery
July 28th, 2017 Strathmere, NJ

Thankfully, I haven't had to use it, but I can say that their customer service is very attentive and helpful.

Kenneth Price
July 28th, 2017 Tacoma, WA

I think it's a great asset for me to have because I'm home alone. It makes me feel safer to know that I can reach the button, and help will be on the way. Besides, dealing with their customer service was great. They offered a good experience.

Margaret Eckert
July 28th, 2017 Whitehouse, OH

I purchased this service after looking at the good reviews online. It's for a loved one, and although we've only used it for testing, the people we've spoken to are very polite and helpful.

Pablo Diaz
July 28th, 2017 Chester, SC

Medical Guardian makes me feel comfortable when I go to work. Sometimes I'm underneath a car or between containers, so I feel safer now. Plus, the representatives were very nice to me. I feel very positive about having this service.

A W
July 28th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

It's been a very positive service so far. I can just put it on and wear it around my house.

Madonna Payne
July 28th, 2017 Bossier City, LA

I work in the yard a lot, and I wear the necklace while my husband wears the bracelet. We haven't used it, but their agents are very helpful and informative. They've offered a very positive experience.

Judith Clark
July 28th, 2017 Odessa, FL

Medical Guardian's representatives have always been very nice when I test the system.

J S
July 28th, 2017 Falls of Rough, KY

I've been very fortunate because I haven't fallen, therefore, I haven't used the service yet. Their agents are just fine.

Carlene Hodges
July 28th, 2017 Cedar Rapids, IA

They seem to know what they're talking about when it comes to the device. The representatives always seem to have an answer, and they're easy to contact. If I have any questions, they're really knowledgeable about it.

Donna Glidewell
July 28th, 2017 Green Valley, AZ

Since my family is far away, I wanted to feel protection. I've only spoken to a couple of representatives, and they've all been good. I have the devices with me, but fortunately, I haven't had to use the actual service.

Billy Resech
July 28th, 2017 Port Arthur, TX

My daughter purchased it for me, in case of an emergency. Gladly, I haven't had to use it yet, but it's there if I need it. They've provided an excellent service so far.

Margery Weisenfluh
July 28th, 2017 Hillsboro, OR

It was very easy to talk to the representatives, and we got our questions answered. This service is for a loved one, and it gives me a lot of peace, knowing that it'll be there if something happens.

Gene Goldberg
July 28th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

I pushed the button after taking a fall, and within 10 minutes, the EMT's were here. The representatives ask a lot of questions, but they've been very courteous.

Barbara Pellegrino
July 21st, 2017 Middleton, WI

I didn't like at all the guy who sold the service to me. He was very pushy, and I got the name on the internet. He told me I didn't have to pay for the equipment, but I know there's still a $400 charge.

Debbie Tasker
July 21st, 2017 Simi Valley, CA

Thank goodness, I haven't had to use it! I've accidentally pushed the button, and the people on the line were wonderful! My only suggestion towards them would be to resize the button a bit, this way, it's not as easy to hit it. Perhaps a feature where you have to hold it down more than a few seconds to go off, but besides that, it's a wonderful thing to have. I highly recommend for anyone that might need it.