Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95–$49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Terry L
August 2nd, 2017

It takes a very long time to answer when we have tested the system.

Janise C
August 2nd, 2017

They were as advertised, responding to a potential fall.

Lawrence L
August 2nd, 2017

Because I had two "false alarms" before my wife & I really learned how to use the system. To my embarrassment, two large men came immediately to help. One incident was 4am but they still came promptly

Janet J
August 2nd, 2017

The equipment is small and reliable.

Bobbie T
August 2nd, 2017

I have been trying to send it back but nobody has gotten back with me on this I don't want it any longer. I was promised it would be month to month when they had called and ended up being a three-month term again I don't want it I want to take them back if they send me the box that needs to go back to them I will make sure they get it back thank you.

Audrey S
August 2nd, 2017

courteous employee and not pushy explaied different options quick answer on test call

Victoria A
August 2nd, 2017

Good device, good custumer service

Alvina S
August 2nd, 2017

I think they are very good, but what happens when the power goes out? I had it happen and it was out for an hour and a half. I realize the machine holds a charge for 2 hours.

Mary H
August 2nd, 2017

They are polite and helpful when I unintentionally push the button and sometimes can't cancel my call. I have not needed to contact them, thankfully, but they are good to change and update information. I have no doubt that they would handle any emergency calls very well. I feel comfort in knowing that they are available to me with the push of a button.

Jack L
August 2nd, 2017

I rate them a 10 for their Instant replies.

Warren D
August 2nd, 2017

I've been told several times they are sending me a lockbox and have never done it. I am tired of asking. The service itself is good and it does what it says it will even if the sales people do not.

Joyce T
August 2nd, 2017

I never have used it in an emergency, but when doing tests response time has been good. I feel that I am fully covered for an emergency

Katharine J
August 2nd, 2017

Haven't had to use it . But easy to install. I'm happy with what it does so far for my Mother. Peace of mind.

Melvin Pa
August 2nd, 2017

Works great. Excellent customer service.

Mary W
August 2nd, 2017

Customer service is top notch.

Katherine B.
August 2nd, 2017

Had to use on a few occasions, were fast efficient and professional

Kathleen
August 2nd, 2017

It works great but would like a smaller Guardian to hang around the neck. I will look in my papers as I may have over looked info about getting that type.

Virginia
August 2nd, 2017

They serve the purpose of instant contact. It happens to me even accidentally. But, I wish it was not so heavy on my neck, especially in hot weather. I keep it on my bed at night charging, so if I need help it is still close to me. It is a night light for me as well.

Agnes L
August 2nd, 2017

It was not explained to me that I was only protected when I was at home. I needed a plan to protect me at the mall, at a grocery store, at a park etc., etc., etc. I spend a lot of time out and about and want to feel secure wherever I might be. This company just does not do that.

Rita C
August 2nd, 2017

Chased the return label for over 2 months!

Wanda M
August 2nd, 2017

I've never an emergency but have responded quickly when I've called.

Jim
August 2nd, 2017

very impressed with handling our emergency

Jeanne K
August 2nd, 2017

set up came up as another person, but after that it worked as it needed to.

Dorothy S
August 2nd, 2017

Dependable, friendly service, willingness to help & answer all questions.

Marie E
August 2nd, 2017

Quick response time, quick notification of family. One day turnaround when replacing broken equipment.

Elese I
August 2nd, 2017

On the ball really there even when it was a mis dialed call. They follow up and they keep on the line to make sure you are ok.

John M

It works! Just push the button. Great customer service

Dolores F
August 2nd, 2017

Paul in Sales was so understanding and kind. The response time is excellent.

Judith D
August 2nd, 2017

good communication - first time used it was a godsend

Diane D
August 2nd, 2017

the cord is terrible it is a shoelace ,i had to buy achain for it otherwise it works well but is a little heavy

Judy V

immediate service when needed

Barbara A
August 2nd, 2017

Everything OK so far, helpful staff. Have not yet needed real-life help, only periodic check-ins

Geneva H
August 2nd, 2017

The set up is so easy. Staff answers all your questions and soooo patient!!

June H
August 2nd, 2017

reasonable, up front costs, no hidden fees. Felt confident when my mom had it on and I knew she could get help right away

Sandra W
August 2nd, 2017

Would like the alert "button" to be less bulky. I haven't needed to contact for help, but when I did accidently activate the alarm, it was promptly answered by your staff!

Mary
August 2nd, 2017

Very friendly to work with. Quick to respond.

Guy B
August 2nd, 2017

Prompt response to monthly testing.

Nedra S
August 2nd, 2017

I haven't had to use it just check in monthly and equipment works well

Eleonore S
August 2nd, 2017

Instant response. Fortunately not needed NOW. However feel Very safe having it by my side.. L.Solanch

Elizabeth S
August 2nd, 2017

I still do not have my paper bill yet which has been requested over and over, then I come up looking unpaid. Please follow thru!

Charles N
August 2nd, 2017

response time and communication with family members

Rose H
August 2nd, 2017

Good, but not great. Sometimes it takes 20 minutes for them to respond. I think that is too long.

Maureen W

Easy to work with. Good system. Price competove

Darrell K

great customer service - responsive

Gerald F
August 2nd, 2017

When testing unit seems a long time before a person answers

Sue Y

Quick response

Christine F
August 2nd, 2017

While my mother-in-law never fell, we tested the system many times. The operators where always prompt and polite.

Gail M
August 2nd, 2017

I have not had to be in need of help, so have only a testing use to go on. From my test use I feel a response from ur operator should be after the second auto response.

Marlene G
August 2nd, 2017

I noticed your response time from the time my wife's unit goes off to the time she hears from you is almost immediate. Thank you.

Vickie J
August 2nd, 2017

It's nice to know some one is here for me if I needed help. Plus when I first talked to the guy about the company he was very nice alot of people aren't that way