Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95–$49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

JMS
September 13th, 2017 Clinton Township, MI

Good response time when I test the unit. Friendly.

Gordon Leiter
September 13th, 2017 Rome, GA

It is easy to use and gives me a real sense of security

Secure confident
August 14th, 2017 Bronx, NY

They are quick and very responsiveness.

charles h.
August 14th, 2017 Columbus, IN

I rate them 4 because the signal bars low.

Susan
August 14th, 2017 Westfield, NJ

Took 15 mins for paramedics to arrive. Think service is good overall. Customer support great.

Patricia Crowley
August 14th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

The romote does not work. The bracket was not sent although I ask for it. I called and it was sent.

Janie Brackney
August 14th, 2017

They do not have all their bases covered...only use one carrier which doesn't have good reception everywhere.

Karen Crouch
August 14th, 2017 Crockett, TX

I ordered for my Dad and when his help button arrived he was in the hospital and I did not open it! Within 2 weeks Dad had passed. One morning you called to activate it and I told you I didn't want it so you sent me a return label and when it hit your wearhouse you returned my money! I thank you so much for not giving our family any grief at this time??

MaryLu Prante
August 14th, 2017 Wahpeton, ND

Easy and helpful set up. But we have had no reason to use it, thank God.

August 14th, 2017 Middletown, IN

As a short time Medical Guardian User, I have no complaints. It was easy to purchase over the phone, is simple to use with attractive componenets.

none
August 14th, 2017 Smithfield, NC

would not pick up cell phone reception

Corlene
August 14th, 2017 Sacramento, CA

They were there to set me up with what I needed. And now I can go where I want and feel safe and my children feel comfortable with what I chose.

Barbara Laughlin
August 14th, 2017 Loveland, OH

The wearable equipment is convenient, comfortable and stylish enough to continue wearing with out embarrassment. The other equipment is easy to use and looks good no matter where it needs to be located. My phone calls have always been met with courtesy no matter what questions I ask. The response to the emergency button has been answered quickly when I check the system monthly. Altogether, I am very happy I enrolled in Medical Guardian and have recommended to friends as something they definitely investigate.

William
August 14th, 2017 Saint Louis, MO

Very convenient and with the ability to locate the patient makes it valuable.

Sue
August 14th, 2017 Kaukauna, WI

Inconsistent contacts after cancelling asking to set up unit already returned.

Ethelene Key
August 14th, 2017 Port Lavaca, TX

I was supposed to be billed each month. I see that they are debiting my account.

Lumina
August 14th, 2017 Wakefield, NJ

Easy to wear, andmto charge

Jeff
August 14th, 2017 Crestview, FL

Good Service. Customer reps good. Fair, Honest

Ruby.
August 14th, 2017 Whitman, MA

Customer service was excellent. Their return/cancellation policy and and commitment policy was the best compared to other systems. Plus their online reviews were also very positive.

Robin Holland for David Young
August 14th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

I think the alert system is great except the gentleman that I bought it for continually says the wristband falls off, and he doesn't like the necklace around his neck. Also, he forgets to carry the speaker piece with him when he leaves his apt. Needless to say, I will be canceling his service. I think the wristband and necklace should have the speaker piece attached to it in some way, because some seniors will forget to carry the speaker on them, particularly if they suffer from Dimentia or Alzheimer's. So it's really not working for him because the pieces are home somewhere more than they are with him.

Carol Kalvik
August 14th, 2017 Holly Springs, NC

I have fallen outside and needed their services, they comforted me, called for help, contacted my loved ones, and I was rescued. Great company, great customer service.

August 11th, 2017 Savannah, GA

They should add more information to the book that comes with the unit. Sometimes I don't know what it means because there's nothing on the book about it. Besides that, I think it's a good service. The representative was great.

Arpina
August 11th, 2017 Cayce, SC

I used it a few days ago, and it was excellent! They came online very quickly, and thankfully I was fine, so nobody ended up coming over, but they told me to call back if I did need help. Overall, I'm very pleased with it. I think that it is an excellent company! Their people were very good in helping me select the right system for me. Every elder person should wear something like this! In fact, I recommended it to anybody that's asked.

Quentin
August 11th, 2017 Bruceton Mills, WV

They've been very informative, and although I've never used it, it's been a very positive experience so far.

Joyce
August 11th, 2017 Oshkosh, WI

The man who called me was very nice and understanding. He was just a very nice gentleman. Fortunately, I live in a senior living facility and never used it. As a matter of fact, my son had me return the system because they were going to charge my bank account another $140, and he didn't like that.

Doris
August 11th, 2017 Lake Placid, FL

We purchased it for a loved one because we were concerned about their safety. The person we spoke to on the phone was very knowledgeable, and was able to answer all the questions we had. I didn't feel like I was pressured in any way.

Sharon
August 11th, 2017 Depew, NY

Everything went very well when I spoke to their representatives, and so far, the service has been excellent. I just think the necklace should be a tab lighter. It's a little heavy around your neck.

Maryan
August 11th, 2017 Omaha, NE

My mother is elderly, so she's the one that uses the devices. She's triggered it by accident, and They've been very responsive. The person that came online was fabulous, and it's just been a great system!

Suzanne
August 11th, 2017 Morris, IL

I'm a physical therapist, and I set it off once when I was doing an exercise. They called me right away, and I just told them it was an accident, but They've been kind and considerate. It's just been a very good service.

Mary
August 11th, 2017 Leesburg, GA

It's simple to wear, and the person we bought it for doesn't have to worry about getting a hold of somebody if an emergency were to happen. We've done security checks, and the operator always answers to make sure everything's okay. They've been very courteous and attendant to what I would say. The only feedback is maybe have someone answer the phone quicker when the necklace is pressed, because it sets 4 rings before someone answered the phone.

Judy
August 11th, 2017 Stockton, CA

The representatives are excellent, and although I haven't had any emergencies, I'm satisfied with the service.

Mae
August 11th, 2017 Blythewood, SC

So far, I'm good to go with my device. I haven't had any problems. I even take a shower with it, and it's pretty good.

Lois
August 11th, 2017 Paso Robles, CA

The system only works around my house, and I've only used it to see how far I can go with it. So far, the representatives have been fine, but I think they should pick a little faster. It took them a while to answer when I called them.

William
August 11th, 2017 Ormond Beach, FL

It worked perfectly when we used it! The operator got the rescue squad on the way, and it worked exactly like we needed it to. It worked like a charm! I also test the system every once in a while, and everybody is always polite. It just works wonderful. I would only recommend that they should notify the family a little bit faster. I live close to my father, who uses the system, and I arrived almost at the same time as they did because they didn't call me earlier.

Shirley
August 11th, 2017 Allen Park, MI

My mother in law wears it around her neck when she is home, and although she hasn't used it, their customer service agents are very positive and knowledgeable. We've only had positive feedback for them.

Marjorie
August 11th, 2017 Tallahassee, FL

My aunt is 86 years old, and she's a pretty active person, so we purchased Medical Guardian for her. It's still brand new, so we haven't used it, but it's been a very positive experience. The representatives are very informative, and they gave us all the options. It was a very pleasant experience.

Elizabeth
August 11th, 2017 Westfield, NJ

We have it had a standby for safety purposes. All of the people We've spoken to have been very helpful, even though We've only used it to test it. I think it would be a lot better if they could transfer her to me when she's talking to their representatives. That would be an advancement, because that way when she pushes the button, the people at the base can have her to talk to her children that moment.

Carol Beroth
August 3rd, 2017

Very hard to cancel. Charge upfront. Need packing label, 10 days later don't need label but wont be reimbursed for shipping.

Janet A
August 2nd, 2017

very competitive service. others have same service and are more moderately priced.

Margret S
August 2nd, 2017

Would like to see a longer charge on battery or an easier way to charge it

Joann S
August 2nd, 2017

I feel so safe with this system and have not had any problems with it.I know that living alone is the reason I NEEDED this in my home. God Bless!!!!

Patricia K
August 2nd, 2017

Their customer service is impeccable

Carol L
August 2nd, 2017

The service folks are very professional and I've tested in many places. I have confidence in this product. I am not afraid to travel by myself and can enjoy my independence. Thank You Medical Guardian!!!!

Darlene M
August 2nd, 2017

I feel safer with the necklace on when I am at home. However, I don't remember to put the mobile in my purse when I leave the house and really do not feel I need it.

Catherine H
August 2nd, 2017

Would like a better way to see invoices

Roberta S
August 2nd, 2017

Device worked ok Very expensive. Customer service not very compassionate. Customer service people excelled in rudeness!

Jacquelyn N
August 2nd, 2017

When I needed it every thing worked right & a medical teem showed up because the were notified by you. Thanks

Katherine E
August 2nd, 2017

the service while I was a customer was good

Gerald A
August 2nd, 2017

Sometimes it takes too long to connect

Cheryl M
August 2nd, 2017

As of today I've not had an emergency, thank goodness, but have tested it. Each time I call the person answering has been very nice. It make me feel secure knowing I have a way to get help when/if I need it.