Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Joe Gage
May 9th, 2017 Houston, TX

They are outstanding people, I like the way they handle their business. I haven't had any problems with them. They do a lot of things right. I have no suggestions for improvement because they are okay. I got Medical Alert for myself because I have congestive heart failure and I'm a diabetic. That was the reason that my daughter insisted on getting this, in case I need help from EMS. I never use it for that, but I have tested it with Medical Guardian Company.

Helen Hawk
May 9th, 2017 Louisville, KY

Anybody that needs one of these should get Medical Guardian! I got it for myself, in case I fell again, although I haven't used it yet. I carry it with me at all times, plus, the people I spoke with were very nice! Such a positive experience.

Carolyn Benson
May 9th, 2017 Blairsville, GA

My daughter took care of talking to the representatives through the phone, and they were very helpful and friendly. It seems like a nice company; they're very cordial. We haven't had it for long, but it's here if we need it. My husband has Alzheimer and I have a bad knee, so this works just fine for us. I would recommend this to other people.

Bernard Bank
May 9th, 2017 North Miami Beach, FL

They said it was going to be $24, but there were 60 some-odd dollars on my credit card. I didn't like what they did at all; I sent it back. I purchased it for myself, after I watched an ad for it on TV. I only use it when I leave and go out, but it was horrible. After I used it once, and after I got the private pin, I tried calling them 5 times at customer service, but I couldn't get through. I finally got to customer service and I told them how bad it was, and they said we will send you a label, we'll send the whole package back. We finally got the label after a week from FedEx, sent everything back, and that was it. I called my credit card company. The fraud division said they would take care of it, but they never did. It's a bad outfit.

Castella Stevenson
May 9th, 2017 Umatilla, FL

We haven't had to use the service for an emergency, but it worked just fine during the test run. Besides, we spoke to some very nice and professional people. I guess we're only worried about how the police or paramedics will get into our house in case of an emergency. Since the service is for a loved one, she was really considering a service that provided a keypad outside the door. We really thought this was part of the process when we spoke to the young man, but it was just the necklace and the box.

Karen Mcelroy
May 9th, 2017 Williamston, MI

Speaking with a Medical Guardian representative was a very positive experience, and they were very helpful. I bought Medical Alert for someone else because she fell when she was alone, but she hasn't had to use it yet, fortunately.

Robert Bruce
May 9th, 2017 Bensalem, PA

As my wife's care giver, Medical Guardian was the best option for us. So far, they've offered a very positive experience. I spoke to some people on the phone, and they were very good.

Carol Williams
May 9th, 2017 New York, NY

I purchased this for my sister. She has Alzheimer's and diabetes as well, causing her to go outside while we're asleep, so we were worried about her safety. When I called to get some answers, they explained it to me very clearly. They took their time to explain to me anything I didn't know, so I think that was good. Overall, I just think this is a great thing to have!

Pamela Jackson
May 9th, 2017 Bolivia, NC

This service makes me feel a little bit safer. No matter where I am, I have help anywhere with the GPS service it offers. It's also cheaper than other companies. On top of that, their customer service representatives were respectful and very helpful. It's such a great thing!

Arlene Mclean
May 9th, 2017 Billings, MT

Their representatives were very helpful! They gave me all the answers I needed to know, and helped me figure out how to use it. All I do is put it on in the morning, and take it off at night.

Trudy Brutsche
May 9th, 2017 Napa, CA

I'm at risk of falling and getting injured, so I put on the device first thing in the morning and wear it all day. There has not been a significant time I had to use it, but Medical Guardian has provided a very positive experience to this day.

Lloyd Smith
May 9th, 2017 Collinsville, TX

Sometimes the device goes off when he hasn't fallen or anything, but that's better than not going off when he really is on the floor. Besides that, the representatives were very good and very helpful.

Terry Wyatt
May 9th, 2017 Gainesville, TX

The Sales Representative filled me in on the details of how it works, and how to use it. I've only had to test it, but thankfully not for an emergency. They did make the commitment of sending me a fire proof lock box if I paid 2 months in advance. To this day, I haven't received it.

Lydia Wahab
May 9th, 2017 Greenville, CA

My family wanted me to get this service after taking a bad fall a couple of years ago. The initial process with the representatives was great! They answered all my questions, and even though I haven't had to use it, I wear it all the time. It's really a lot better than the one I had previously. If anybody wants something that's convenient and very wearable, I'd recommend Medical Guardian.

Joyce Dickerson
May 9th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

My mother-in-law has Alzheimer's and likes to take walks, so we purchased Medical Guardian for her. Although she thankfully has not had to use it, I like that it has GPS tracking without having to carry a cellphone with her. That way we can check on her if we need to. This is a great option, considering we moved from a small town to a big city in Texas.

Dorthy Thomas
May 9th, 2017 Smithton, IL

The representatives were very polite and knowledgeable when we purchased it. After that, I haven't had any problems with it at all. I use it mostly at my daughter's house when I'm alone, and it's been a very positive experience so far.

Dominique
April 27th, 2017 Bayonne, NJ

This company is awesome! Go it for my mom and if she even trips it alerts and asks her if she's ok. That's how sensitive it is. As soon as she fell a voices says France's are you all right? My mom got into a car accident Upstae NY when she was visiting my sister. Today, I got a call from them stating she was not responding and called 911. Turns out my sister and mom were in a car accident and they called me before my sister even had a chance. They are amazing!

Darlene Jo
April 20th, 2017 Stockton, CA

Equipment is excellent. They called me and my former husband who also has it fell and was in need of medical attention. I purchased the thing that I wear on my wrist and the thing that I wear around neck and the thing that I can put in my purse.

Patricia Schmitz
April 20th, 2017 Delray Beach, FL

I've had prior experience with falls. Medical Guardian is very good and easy to use

Terri Aulman
April 20th, 2017 Gilroy, CA

The equipment have been very easy to use - I'm very satisfied.

Joyce Seeman
April 20th, 2017 Woodward, IA

Overall, using the Medical Guardian equipment has been excellent. Sales representatives are fine

Clara Kalil
April 20th, 2017 The Villages, FL

I wanted to get Medical Guardian because I am getting older. The service and sales representatives have been very good

Pat
April 12th, 2017 Ellicott City, MD

Extremely satisfied and feel very safe and secure no matter whether I am at home or out and about. I have fall protection as well. Service is quick and reliable. The primary reason I chose the Premium Guardian is the ability to speak with emergency response thru the call button vs. a base unit in another room. The 2-way conversation is loud and clear. Only one problem has arisen with the monitor detaching from the lanyard cord twice for no apparent reason which could have resulted in the loss of the monitor! I would advise taking the offered add'l. insurance the company offers to cover any loss which you could be responsible for the cost of replacement.

Linda
April 12th, 2017

Been trying to cancel for nearly 2 weeks and am assured that i will receive the return address label within 24 hours and it NEVER happens. Feel I am being lied to and that they think I will forget so they can continue to charge or have me pay for the large $350 plus for the device.

FH
April 11th, 2017 Manitowoc, WI

I'm very satisfied with Medical Guardian. I haven't had any problem whatsoever with them. I'm just happy to have it because any time I could make a silly decision and get myself in trouble.

Karen Corbi
April 11th, 2017 Clearwater, FL

My experience with the representatives was pretty good. My wife gets seizures, and the first time she used it, the paramedics were there. They were pretty quick the second time as well. It's a good and quick service.

Suzanne Ray
April 11th, 2017 Osprey, FL

I spoke to probably 3 different people, and all 3 of them were very informative, very courteous and answered all my questions without pressure. It was very easy to set up. I recently asked somebody to come and help me do it, but when I saw the instructions, I was able to figure it out myself. The lady I spoke with had me do a test, and about 5 seconds later, somebody came online. Overall, everything with Medical Guardian is excellent.

JM
April 11th, 2017 Cedar Hill, TX

They were very nice and told me everything about Medical Guardian. I was excited about everything that was in the package. Now, I'm just glad that when I go out by myself, I can carry the little monitor and I know I'm safe.

Anna Crofcheck
April 11th, 2017 Freeland, PA

It was easy to set up and the representative was good. Although we recently purchased it, I'm satisfied with the service.

HD
April 11th, 2017 Visalia, CA

They've been very helpful! This service just seemed convenient for us, and it's worked fine ever since we purchased it. I've only had it a month, and I haven't needed any help, but I'm satisfied with everything so far.

Ruben Valencia
April 11th, 2017 Chicago, IL

Most of the time I'm alone, and at my age, I was concerned about my safety, so I decided to get this service. It's been great so far. I'm very satisfied with the equipment itself as well. However, what I do want to point out is the sales person and his co-workers. They do an excellent job when your calling, and they answer all your questions professionally. Not only that, they also do a follow up! My experience with them as been fantastic!

Phoebe Rogers
April 11th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

We haven't had to use their service, but everything was excellent. The representative was great, very informative and very helpful. It was also easy to take it out, get it started and put the lock on the door. We're very satisfied with it!

Barbara Burttschell
April 11th, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

I can't visit my mother all the time, so I purchased Medical Guardian in case something happened to her. The service itself was very good! We actually used it twice and it works out great. It was also very easy to set up. It's just been fantastic.

Helen Michalewicz
April 11th, 2017 Crawford, TX

My satisfaction with Medical Guardian is 50/50. We tried to use it 6 weeks after mailing in all the paperwork they required, and they had never entered the phone numbers of our contacts. They ended up calling an ambulance instead. They system itself was okay.

Judy Ernst
April 11th, 2017 Pittsburgh, PA

My family convinced me to get this service because I live alone, and I can definitely say I'm satisfied with it. I spoke to a very nice lady who did not push me at all. She was very nice and besides, everything was easy to install.

Lawrence Shields
April 11th, 2017 Lockport, NY

We got the Wristband and the Neckband for a loved one, and to this day, it's been a very satisfactory experience. The Sales Representatives were extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. It's just a great service.

Nancy Pisani
April 11th, 2017 Jacksonville, NC

The previous system was pretty much useless because it was wired into the telephone landline. Now, with Medical Guardian, everything has worked fine. On top of that, the sale was really great, and the system was easy to set up.

Wilma J
April 11th, 2017 Leavenworth, KS

At first I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to purchase this service, but after a lot of thinking, I decided it would be a good thing to have. To this day, it's been great! I still haven't had to use it for an emergency, but when I do the test, they respond pretty quickly. I'm very satisfied with my unit.

June Colman
April 11th, 2017 Kent, WA

I've only used it over a month, and although I can't give a full description of my satisfaction yet, everything seems to work fine. Plus, their people were very good when I spoke with them.

Alicia Ruvalcaba
April 11th, 2017 El Paso, TX

My mother is getting older, so I thought Medical Guardian would be the best option for her. The representatives we spoke with were very good. I can say that so far, everything has worked fine for her; it's working properly.

Ravelle Clayton
April 11th, 2017 Redlands, CA

Everything went very smoothly with the people we spoke with. They were helpful and very good. I set up the system with my mother and it was very easy. She already had another system, but didn't like wearing it. Medical Guardian is just the right fit for her because the devices are very small. The ability to wear something that small, and still have the GPS capability, is really what made us go for this service. It works exactly how we want it to work.

John Hruby
April 11th, 2017 Pueblo, CO

The system was very easy to open. It wasn't hard to get a hold of the representatives to activate it. So far, the service has worked just fine.

Don Sielaff
April 11th, 2017 Louisville, KY

Installing it was easy and the people on the phone were very professional. They walked me through the whole process. Everything has was excellent!

Maureen EATON
April 11th, 2017 Greenwood, IN

Most of my experience so far has been with the Sales Representative. She answered all my questions and spent time on the phone with me. She also followed up and was very prompt every time I asked her to call her back. I only had to speak with 1 person.

Norman P
April 11th, 2017 Charleston, SC

So far, I'm extremely satisfied them. They've offered a great service and it was really easy to set up. My wife and son didn't feel like leaving me here alone since I'm getting older, and up to this day, I haven't had a problem.

Shirley Bredden
April 11th, 2017 La Mesa, CA

At my age, this type of service is needed. I think my experience with them has been very positive. The directions were very easy to follow. I'm just very satisfied with the service.

JS
April 11th, 2017 Friendship, NY

Their Customer Service representatives seemed to be really nice. I already had another service, similar to Medical Guardian, but it wasn't working right. This one is definitely a lot better.

Robyn Kubisen
April 11th, 2017 New London, OH

Thank God I haven't had to use it yet, but I'm satisfied with the service. It was very easy to hook up, no problem at all. One thing I did like is that the system still kept working, even when the power went out.

Billy Hopper
April 11th, 2017 Sun City, AZ

After an online search, I came through with Medical Guardian. Considering my father had been falling without being able to get up, we decided to purchase it. The first thing I can say is that it was easy to sign up for, He actually had to use it once and they responded as expected. They were easy to talk to and understood what I needed. I'm not a mechanical person but I could actually set it up. It's that easy. My father loves it!

Jim Stout
April 11th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

I'm very satisfied with Medical Guardian! I got it for a loved one and it's been a pretty good experience for him. The people I spoke with were outstanding as well. We've used it twice already, and we received Medical Assistance within about 7 minutes. To this day, it's been a very good service.