Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95–$49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Harold Pierce
October 27th, 2017 Corona, CA DETAILS

We got it for my father and we've only tested it so far. The test went well and met our expectations. I do hope we never have to use it, but I'm glad we have it in case my father does need it.

Bert Braden
October 27th, 2017 Maize, KS DETAILS

My dad needed one, so I called them after seeing an advertising online and ordered. We never really used it 'because he refused to. Still, from the time we had it it seemed they were very excited to sell it to us, but weren't really all that great to do the rest of the work. In the end we got charged for three months of service for no use.

Arthur Riley
October 27th, 2017 Buda, TX DETAILS

I haven't had to use it yet, but I had a lot of problems setting it up and installing it. It took almost two weeks to get it up and running. I also expected them to be more involved in their work, I was disappointed when they sent me the information without the enclosed return prepaid. I had to ask them twice to get that.

Howard Basford
October 27th, 2017 Pawnee, IL DETAILS

The service is great, you can take the device wherever you are and they'll be there if you have any problems. It is a bit awkward to have it with me all the time though.

J.D.
October 27th, 2017 Lenexa, KS DETAILS

I haven't had to use it, but I did push the little button once by accident. I had to apologize for doing that, but other than that I just keep it close. Customer service is great, I get calls from people asking me how I'm doing every once in awhile. It's reliable.

Joseph Ciccarelli
October 27th, 2017 NORRIDGEWOCK, ME DETAILS

I haven't had to use it so far, but I believe it'll do the job if I need it. I still have questions about the paycheck and how to plug the thing in my apartment.

Cindy Gemeinhardt
October 27th, 2017 Tolland, CT DETAILS

I have both the piece that detects falls and the wristband one but I'm not very happy with the fall detection button. You have to put it on and off every time you lay down. Since I can't walk a lot because my heart rate goes up and my oxygen goes down, I have to lay down a lot, so it gets annoying to have to put it on and off. I also thought I'd be able to sleep with it, but apparently I can't. So, if I get up in the middle of the night, I have to remember to put it back on and then take it off when I go back to sleep. The wristband part works just fine though. Other than that, I had a few issues with getting the lock box and other things in the beginning. With the lock box, I thought it was free but it wasn't. Then it seemed like it wasn't working so they swapped it a couple of times.

Allen Miller
October 27th, 2017 Plymouth, WI DETAILS

I'm hoping I don't have to use it, but on a typical day I'm quite active. So far it seems good.

Timothy Barber
October 27th, 2017 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

I almost died once and they were there to help me. The service is very convenient and I'm very satisfied.

Henry Marlatt
October 27th, 2017 Tunkhannock, PA DETAILS

On a normal day I get up in the morning at 6 or 5 o'clock and put it on. I wear it while I feed the dogs, take a walk on my own, and even when I'm just watching television. When I go back to bed at night, I just put it on the charger. Their customer support is fairly decent. I've called them on 3 or 4 occasions and they've answered the phone right away and give me someone to talk to. When I first received the device, they gave me an older model that didn't quite work, it wouldn't charge, so they replaced it for me. They did that in about 3 days and it went fantastically. Unfortunately, the second unit they sent didn't work either and it took us 4 or 5 days to figure out what was going on. They sent me a third unit, the one I have right now, and it has been working well. They were very prompt in the delivery though. I'm happy with the service.

Carolyn Barrentine
October 27th, 2017 Memphis, TN DETAILS

I haven't had any problem, I got feedback when I tested it. Other than that I haven't had a chance to use it, but I do check it to make sure it's working.

October 27th, 2017 Lexington, TX DETAILS

I picked them because they had the most coverage and knowledge. They have most of what we need.

Gwendolyn Swam
October 27th, 2017 Exmore, VA DETAILS

They provided me with everything I've needed and it works.

Bill Gagler
October 27th, 2017 Cliffton, CO DETAILS

When I accidentally pressed the button I tried to go and turn it off. They still ended up calling my wife even though it wasn't an emergency. Still, it seems to be doing okay. I hope I won't ever need it, but I have it with me anyways.

Jenni Colluer
October 27th, 2017 Mars Hill, NC DETAILS

The way the salesman described everything, it seemed like something I could really use considering I'm on a wheelchair. Since months pass between the times people come and check on me, I thought I needed to have someone that could come and help me if I ever fell. Otherwise I would be waiting for months. The device itself is lightweight and easy to keep track of. I use the necklace pendant and it's water resistant, which is a good thing. I can wear it in the bath just in case an accident happens there and I don't have to worry about getting it wet.

M.G. or Anonymous
October 27th, 2017 Asheville, NC DETAILS

Fortunately we have not had to use the device to call for help so far. From the calls we had with customer service when we checked the unit, they have been responsive. It has worked well so far.

Mildred Lemoine
October 27th, 2017 Tyler, TX DETAILS

We got it for my mother. She lives alone and prior to getting the service she fell and broke her hip. She laid in the floor all night because she had no way of getting anybody's attention. Now she wears the necklace because it's small. Customer service has been very helpful when I call them, and they were also good at explaining things to my mom when she was confused.

Richard Smith
October 27th, 2017 Sundance, WY DETAILS

We got it since we use AT&T and the service offered the best connection to it. The equipment they got for my father was exactly like what they told me it was going to be. They were awesome and they set it all up really quickly. They also call us back fast when we need them. It gives my father more mobility to be out and about the countryside rather than being stuck in the house. The only thing is that we don't like the band that goes on his wrist. It's too hard on my dad's hands since they don't fit him.

Kevin Porreco
October 27th, 2017 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

Once I fell and couldn't get up, so I called them. It works all the time.

October 27th, 2017 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

My mother is the one who uses it in case she falls and she wears it all day. We've only had it for a month or so, but the device and service are excellent. It serves our needs and, in case something happens, she can press the little button and she'd be talking to somebody to help her. Thank God we haven't had anything go wrong.

Joan Vamderplow
October 27th, 2017 LA GRANGE, IL DETAILS

We just got it, but it seems pretty easy to use. My elderly parent can use it if I go out shopping and I know they'll be safe. Customer service has been very courteous and good so far. The device is like state of the art compared to what I used to have. With the other one I had to switch the batteries all the time but this one I don't have to do anything to it. I'm very pleased with it.

October 27th, 2017 Ballwin, MO DETAILS

Customer service has answered all my questions when I first ordered the device. They've also been able to assist me when I give them a call. The device itself is very annoying, every 30 seconds or so it flashes a light.

Dale Young
October 27th, 2017 Hannibal, NY DETAILS

I got it because I could get a hold of somebody, even if I was away from the monitors. I also liked that I could take the monitor with me wherever I wanna go.

Donna Jenkins
October 27th, 2017 Santa Maria, CA DETAILS

The salesperson I talked to when I was buying the device was very knowledgeable and very nice. That plus the fact that it has comprehensive coverage made me decide to go with it. I can take it with me to the gym or when I go on walks in the morning. I had an instance a couple of weeks ago where I inadvertently pressed the button. They were very responsive, called my contact, and had people come out to look for me and make sure I was okay.

Reta Feahr
October 27th, 2017 Toledo, OH DETAILS

My daughter got it for me, I have the small one that I can carry with me and the one that stays in the house. I've only had to use the bigger one. When I fell, they came out fast and called my daughter. They were here very quickly.

Marilyn Rice
October 27th, 2017 Houston, TX DETAILS

I really haven't had to use it, but I think that the box that it comes with is not great. The thick red and green light is pretty intrusive. I'd rather have something smaller. I mean, it does look like it will work, but it's annoying.

Diane Mcfarlin
October 27th, 2017 Hoffman Estates, IL DETAILS

So far it has been great. Medical Guardian has saved my mom's life twice already. They are very responsive.

Natalee Arff
October 27th, 2017 Washington, IL DETAILS

Customer service was very helpful when setting it all up. The device seems very easy to use and it has more features than other services. My three children are all very pleased that I have something like this to ask for help.

Nicki Murphy
October 27th, 2017 Jacksonville, IL DETAILS

I wear it all the time and the device is small, I like it very much. Everyone I've spoken to has been very nice and helpful. I have been very pleased with the service I've had so far. I don't have a reason not to trust them.

Anne Zubyk
October 27th, 2017 Painesville, OH DETAILS

I got it for my mother since she needs it. On an occasion we received a text alert saying that the battery of the bracelet she wears was low. It turned out, she hadn't plugged it in all the way to charge, and the situation was fixed fairly quickly. Receiving that made me feel real safe and secure. The only thing is that the necklace is a little bit bulky for my mother, but otherwise it's a good set.

Glenn Brooks
October 27th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

I happened to discover it through Amazon. After seeing it there I called them and the nice lady on the phone explained everything to me. She was very convincing and I decided to go ahead and try it out. I purchased the system in August, and so far it has been very good. Since I have a very poor eyesight I don't drive anymore, I do go out for walks though. That's the primary occasion when I use the device, though I've also taken it with me when I go away for events with friends. There is a learning curve to the system. It took me awhile to get accustomed to it and make sure I had it with me when I went out. I've called a couple of times when I was trying to figure out a little more about the service. I always had good and well-informed responses. It has been quite satisfactory. I've had no problems with them and it seems to be a quality product, so I'm sticking with it.

Grace Axer
October 16th, 2017 Dayton, OH

I have not had any problem. I keep the necklace on during the day and on the night stand at night.

No one.
October 16th, 2017 Lagrange, GA

Unable to talk to a human soon enough, senior should not have to wait too long for help'

October 16th, 2017 Humble, TX

Did followup on connection to charger. Not been with company to make a more accurate assessment

Zena Tapia
October 16th, 2017 Charlotte, NC

They sent medics to help me get off the ground.

Paula Jones
October 16th, 2017 Springfield, IL

Easy set up with friendly customer service and resonable pricing.

Phil
October 16th, 2017 Torrance, CA

not impressed with the first two practice tests. Took long time for call to connect and for someone to finally answer

Janna goley
October 16th, 2017

Moisture collects and the band doesn't stay in the loops

C Brady
October 9th, 2017 Orlando, FL

Best device, customer service is in America

Mrs. Follett
October 9th, 2017

Kind and courteous on phone. Delivered as promised.

Seamus
October 9th, 2017 Naples, FL

Thorough explanation of the device and subscription.

Carroll
October 9th, 2017 Birmingham, AL

Was not told the possible WiFi connections when I talked to service rep.

Beverly Cowan
October 9th, 2017 Aliquippa, PA

Easy to set up and easy to see in the dark

Suea
October 9th, 2017 New York, NY

So far there are no problems with the device or service.

Max
October 9th, 2017 Zebulon, NC

Havnt had to use it?Don't know how good it is takes a while to answer when testing

shielda c wolf
October 9th, 2017 Greenville, SC

Very compentant. Paying for a year is cost saving.

Wilfredo Rodriguez
October 9th, 2017 New Port Richey, FL

Prompt response to service/parts needs. when you test your system thier employees are very courteuos and willing to assist.

technosenior
October 9th, 2017 Lincolnwood, IL

they have helped me straighten out a problem in a timely fashion

Poor product and services
October 9th, 2017 Astoria, OR

Att cell service is poor can't get connection most of the time

Sandi
October 9th, 2017 Siler City, NC

Ease of ordering and set up, customer service was friendly and helpful