Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95–$49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Joan Jones
October 9th, 2017 Reno, NV

Had a problem with double billing for first month. Everyone promised to fix the problem but it did not happen. All promises and no action. Couldn't handle the pressure and stopped service.

Stephen Anderson
October 4th, 2017 Boca Raton, FL

I got the device about a month ago because of the features that it has. I'm a little bit confused about the fall feature but that is it. The device has a good battery life and GPS. The customer salesperson and the customer service staff are great. Everybody is really informative and knowledgeable about the product.

October 4th, 2017 Wilmington, NC

When we called to know more about the service, the young lady that responded was very responsive. Instead of going on and on telling us about the company, she listened to what I needed and gave us options that would work for us. I liked that a lot. Even when the accidentally forgot to include the wristbands with our packet, they fixed the problem and sent them to us right away. It was instantaneous and done right. I was pleasantly surprised by that. Now my husband wears it all the time and I carry my cellphone with me as well. I know that if he needs help, I will know.

Ila Granlund
October 4th, 2017 Spokane, WA

I've only had the device for about 3 weeks, but it gives me real security. I wear it all the time, using the wrist one on at night and wearing it around my neck during the day. The customer service is also great. I had to call them twice because I believed my device's alarm was going off while I was home. It turned out it was my smoke alarm, but they were absolutely wonderful about the situation.

Elizabeth Culver
October 4th, 2017 Livingston, TN

I wear it around my neck all the time in case I need it. The customer service is good. Their staff has called me a few times to check on things and make sure everything is good. My experience has been very positive.

Frances Bell
October 4th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

The customer service is good. I have received 2 calls from them asking me about my experience. That shows that they care and want to know that it's working for me. I haven't had to use it yet, and I hope I don't have to, but I feel better having it.

Teresa Ashley
October 4th, 2017 Clearwater, FL

I can simply wear the device and if the time to use it ever comes, I know it works.

Virginia Taylor
October 4th, 2017 Altus, OK

Even though I haven't had a reason to use it, I once accidentally pressed it. The response then was immediate. It is very convenient and easy to use.

James Gerlack
October 4th, 2017 Longview, WA

We are a brand new users and the customer service has been excellent. The person that enrolled us was super helpful and personable. My experience with them during the tests and notifications has been extremely helpful and they have been really friendly. My only complain is that the device only works within a certain number of feet from the unit itself, so if the person goes on a short walk they would be beyond the active range. Other than that the service is good as it helps those who need it as well as the people who take care of them.

Shelila Griffin
October 4th, 2017 Stringer, MS

I think it is wonderful. My family and I feel more comfortable with it, and I feel like I can walk in the yard without worrying about falling. Since I fall a lot, use a walking cane, have seizures, and post concussion syndrome, this device helps me continue with my life. My only complain is that the pendant is really fragile and breaks really easily if it falls.

Betty Long
October 4th, 2017 Doylestown, OH

Setting up the device and service was easy. I have the wristband hooked up and ready to go if I need it.

Imogene Fowler
October 4th, 2017 Red Bay, AL

My mother has taken to wearing it around her neck. She has pressed the button accidentally a few times but the customer service staff is always quick to respond, very courteous and knowledgeable. My only complain is that, well, my mother is hard of hearing. When customer support called her, even though the device was on her neck, my mother couldn't hear them. Aside from that. far I'm happy with it and I would recommend it to other people that need the same thing for their parents.

Duane Jaquillard
October 4th, 2017 Bradenton, FL

I compared this device to others and in the end it was the best choice because of the features it included and its price. The customer support has been excellent. From setting it up, monitoring, and testing it they have been really helpful.

October 4th, 2017 Johnson City, TN

I've had the device for about a month and it's very convenient. On a typical day, I wear it like a Fitbit on my wrist. The only hiccup I had was one night in bed I rolled over it and apparently set it off. The device in the other rooms started making phone calls and they called to see if we needed help. Because of that I don't wear it to bed anymore. Aside from that, everybody on customer support has been helpful.

Galmos Joannides
October 4th, 2017 San Diego, CA

The device is great. They know where my Mom is at all times and if anything happens they call me. I love it. Customer Service is constantly checking on us to see how we're doing. It is a great product and I would recommend it to anyone.

Margaret Achefon
October 4th, 2017 St Cloud, MN

The device is a bit too sensitive. I set it off accidentally when trying to open a jar and I've been a bit apprehensive about it ever since. However the lady that responded to my call was very kind and understood the situation.

Patricia King
October 4th, 2017 Shelbyville, IL

Customer service is great, they go out there to call and check on us. The device itself is good, I like that it has GPS even though I'd rather wear it as a wristwatch. The support of the necklace seems fragile because it is made out of plastic. I bought the insurance because I thought it would break easily. The service is a bit on the expensive side, especially after comparing it to my neighbor's who only pays 29.99 a month.

October 4th, 2017 Brightwaters, NY

My package quickly and I didn't have to wait a long time to start using it. Both the wristband and pendant devices are very useful for me. I can use the pendant around my house or put it in the car when I use it to make sure I always have it. The wristband is useful in the shower. Both are very lightweight and nice. Customer service has been good, and the lady helping was helpful and then some.

Sharon Leviner
October 4th, 2017 Dorchester, SC

I enjoy the service because it lets me feel safe and confident. I'm in my own home alone most of the time, and it is nice to know that the device is there for me. It gives me a freedom that I didn't have and I'm not afraid anymore. I have even taken the device on my pocket with me to Smoky Mountain. As for customer service, the person that I talked to listened to me and was genuinely interested in fixing my problem, and she did. She was very reassuring, nice, and pleasant. My only negative experience was with the salesman that sold the service to me.

October 4th, 2017 Thomasville, GA

I've had the device for about 3 weeks. I haven't really had the chance to use it, though one time it detected a fall while I was getting dressed. I waited for them to call me for about 3 minutes and when they didn't I called them back. Apparently they didn't detect a call, so I was very confused. The device itself is too big I have to charge it, which I don't think should be the way it works. Other than that, customer service has always been very formal and pleasant whenever I pretend to call them.

Roger Goodnow
October 4th, 2017 Martinsville, IN

I had knee surgery very recently and I decided it was time to get a service like Medical Guardian. I think their devices and options are all excellent. When I called to order, customer support was superb. The lady on the phone was very professional and answered my questions. They said it would be shipped in 4-5 days and it was. After that, it was easy to install and activate. My only complain, and this might be a little silly, is that the blue and red lights of the base unit are way too bright. They illuminate a room in the dark, I don't know why they need to be so bright. In fact I hide it behind a couple of books to make the lights dimmer.

Joseph James
October 4th, 2017 Lincoln Park, MI

Starting the device and service was very quick and simple, it only took like 15 and we were done. Even though we haven't used it, we think it is very affordable and that it has the best service. We have both the pendant and the wristband, though we prefer the pendant.

Roene Jones
October 4th, 2017 Bakersfield, CA

I just put it on in the morning and that's it. I think it's a bit of a waste of my time and money. The device it isn't any good if I'm out in the driveway.

Donna Franklin
October 4th, 2017

I accidentally set it off one day and they did call me back. My daughter ordered it for me and I wear it around the house sometimes and if I go out.

Joan Ettinger
October 4th, 2017 Ann Arbor, MI

I have it with me when I'm driving or when I'm away from home. I haven't really used it, but I've hit it accidentally once and someone called me right away.

Almond Kredel
October 4th, 2017 San Juan Capistrano, CA

I just started using the device and I simply wear it. I like it because it's very bright and when you want to use it, it's ready.

Marie Maffucci
October 4th, 2017 New Rochelle, NY

I got the device because it doesn't have to be charged with a charger or a battery. It is lightweight and good. Customer support is great and answers my calls quickly.

Margaret Emily
October 4th, 2017 Corydon, IN

My mother-in-law lives by herself and we were afraid that something would happen to her without us knowing. The device was extremely useful a few nights ago when they called us about my mother-in-law. We were able to contact her and the support staff helped us call an ambulance to take her t the hospital. The alert and response were very quick.

Carol Piza
October 4th, 2017 Round Rock, TX

The main reason I have this is because I'm alone a lot of days taking care of my young grandchild. I wear it during the day and keep it next to my bed at night. Customer support was really courteous and quick in setting it up and checking that the device worked. I hope I'll never have to use it but I know that if there's any accident were I need help or I've fallen, they can help me. There's no way to put a value on having somebody there for you when you need them.

Sarah Michaels
October 4th, 2017 Dothan, AL

I had problems with my shoulder and saw the device advertised on the internet. It seemed like a good option. I figured out how to do a test, and the people answered immediately and were very polite. The little neck pendant makes me feel safe and comfortable. I know that I can call somebody to help me even if I live alone and have no family. I can alert them and get an answer intermediately if something happens while I'm at home or on my yard. I've only had the device for a little over 2 months, and I finally figured out how to do a test.

Sharon Purchis
October 4th, 2017 Bowling Green, KY

I was advised to wear the pendant rather than the armband because I have had many strokes. I was told it would be safer to rely on the pendant, and I've done that so far. I appreciated the advice, since it was something I wouldn't have thought of. Even though I haven't had an occasion to use it I think it's trustworthy. I had a power outage and it beeped up for me to let me know about that.

Lawrence Kaskel
October 4th, 2017 New Market, MD

We haven't had the device for that long but thankfully we haven't needed it. Customer support was excellent, anyone I spoke too on the phone was very professional and helpful. Everyone gave us instructions and helped us set it all up. The only problem is that the wristband is not working for my husband though, it makes his skin break out. We'll be switching to the necklace device.

Elizabeth Haugaard
October 4th, 2017 Shannon, IL

No it didn't work. It was horrible.

J.H. or Anonymous
October 4th, 2017 Plain City, OH

I haven't needed it yet but I enjoy having it. I wear it around my neck or on and take the other one with me when I go away. I can go just about anywhere by myself and I like that. I love having that assurance. As for the price it is affordable and I can continue with it.

Sandra Williams
October 4th, 2017 Paoli, PA

My wife fell off a recliner when I was asleep, so she pressed the button in the middle of the night. My number was the first one to be called, they woke me up and I came down to pick her up. It worked exactly the way we hoped it would work. She was able to call someone and they got me. It was the best.

Ruby Sanderson
October 4th, 2017 Mexia, TX

We haven't had to use it so far but my mom puts it on in the morning and after she showers. She always has it close. The necklace is comfortable for her to wear. When I contacted customer service the guy was really nice and helped me set it up and answered all my questions.

Loren Langvardt
October 4th, 2017 Junction City, KS

My brother uses it and it has been fine so far. He wears his necklace and we haven't had any problems so far. All of our questions were answered and the testing was done easily and without any problems.

Edward Hirsh
October 4th, 2017 Boynton Beach, FL

We had to return the product, not because there was anything wrong with it. My father just got one from the VA so we had to return it. From our short experience they were very attentive in customer service. They were very responsive and easy to work with.

Moon Jo
October 4th, 2017 Surprise, AZ

The customer support is very good. The device may be okay for people who like to travel outside but if you stayed inside your home I don't think that it's that useful.

Stephen Blank
October 4th, 2017 Boca Raton, FL

It fits my lifestyle best. I can carry it secretly in my pocket or on my belt. I had a couple of false alarms, but that helped me figure out how the system works and how well it works. They are very quick to answer and seemed to know exactly who they were talking to. They were responsive, even during the buying process. Everything is very efficient, smooth, and seamless. The overall experience was excellent, they delivered what they said they were gonna deliver. Everything has been first class.

Melvin Strong
October 4th, 2017 Burleson, TX

The device is for my husband. He wears the watch when I'm gone and says it's really comfortable.It also seems to be durable. We haven't had to use it, but we have pushed the button to test and they answered right away. I feel really comfortable having it because I know that if I need it they would answer in a timely manner. I also think that the price is very reasonable, I was pleasantly surprised.

Nancy Burig
October 4th, 2017 New Wilmington, PA

I have only had it for a couple of weeks. I've worn it every day and I've had a couple of calls that were alright.

James Bryant
October 4th, 2017 Exeter, CA

I got it because I had seen advertised and I liked the GPS. Setting it up was very simple, there were no complications or anything. It is very convenient. We just pick it up, he puts the little monitoring device on his bracelet and off we go. I feel very secure in case he wanders off from me. So far it has been really nice, informative, and helpful.

Carol Green
October 4th, 2017 Greencastle, IN

We've only tested the device so far but it's very convenient and handy. Since it's on a watch on your wrist you can just click on it. I think the simplicity of it is a really big thing, especially for elderly people. It was quick to be shipped here and it had perfect instructions on how to plug it in and get started. I had some problems ordering it online, so I ended up calling to order it through the phone. I wished I had done that from the beginning, they were very helpful and knowledgeable.

October 2nd, 2017 Forest Hills, NY

It's useful. My father likes it. Alerts are answered promptly. Good value for the price.

Chantilly Ortiz
October 2nd, 2017 Sonora, CA

Easy to use. comfortable and worked perfect when we needed it to.

Garry S
October 2nd, 2017

They answered my questions and were attentive

Jason
October 2nd, 2017 Boise, ID

When my mother needed help, they got her the help that she needed.

mitchell
October 2nd, 2017 Fishersville, VA

clear, concise regarding services and how to utilize them.

mine
October 2nd, 2017

Moments after the testing was completed, got a false alert including primary contact and local fire Dept showing up at my door