Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95–$49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Helen Whatmough
May 11th, 2017 Fountain Hills, AZ

I usually just use the device when I'm around the house, and I only spoke to the representatives the time I tested it. Besides that, the only feedback is that it's too large.

Elsbeth Palmer-Mills
May 11th, 2017 Apple Valley, CA

So far, they have offered a very positive experience. The people I spoke to were very helpful and answered all my questions. They did not pressure me into making a purchase. I always wear it, unless I'm with friends. People should take time to investigate, and I'm sure they will go with Medical Guardian; they offer things that other companies do not.

May 11th, 2017 Spring Grove, PA

We purchased Medical Guardian for my 81-year-old mother. She wears the wristband every day, all day. Whenever she goes out of the house, she takes the little GPS box with her, in case something happens. The reps? They were great! When I initially reached out for more information, they called back within like 30 minutes. We ordered everything and got it between 8 and 9 days. Besides that, I would recommend to add a more descriptive user guide. A more general description of which device is used for what, is one thing that could have helped my mother.

Darlene Pringle
May 11th, 2017 Garden Grove, CA

I really haven't had an occasion to have to use it, however, I do like the fact that when I press the button, people talk back to me. The device just goes around my neck and I can do my chores without a problem. It doesn't get in my way at all. Also, the representatives have always been very nice and helpful.

Dorrie Landry
May 11th, 2017 Fort Belvoir, VA

I already had another one before, but you couldn't speak into the button like this one. Plus, I can take it with me to different states, so that's good. Besides that, I think the pendant is way too large.

Christian Bosecker
May 11th, 2017 Midland, TX

Speaking with the representatives was very fun! I just wear it around my neck without a problem.

Robert Buckey
May 11th, 2017 Gallipolis, OH

My father-in-law had a friend that fell and nobody found him until 2 days later, so he decided to get something that would help him in case he fell. I like that the representatives were very helpful, very kind, and answered all questions. They'd let me call back, ask more questions after we set it up, and let us test it. It's been a positive experience.

Virginia Smith
May 11th, 2017 Barberton, OH

Speaking to them was wonderful! The representative answered all my questions, and I told him that I would get back with him in two weeks. He only called me once a week to check on me, just as I had requested. My mother was in rehab, so I couldn't really buy it just yet, and he fulfilled all my expectations. A couple of companies I checked before Medical Guardian still keep calling me. I would definitely recommend the representative I spoke with. and I would give him the highest marks you could possibly give somebody.

Michael Skillern
May 11th, 2017 Goldendale, WA

We haven't had to use it yet, but it's just a relief to know that it's there if needed. The representatives were really helpful, and a person came online each time we tested the unit. They were really nice and easy to deal with. They seem to pick up pretty quickly too. We've had limited experience using it, but it has helped us immensely.

James Burns
May 11th, 2017 Northfield, MN

So far, my father hasn't set off the alert system, however, he takes it with him whenever he leaves the building. The Customer Service representatives have always been very helpful, and I'm very satisfied with the service so far.

Donna Gates
May 11th, 2017 Harwich, MA

I was a little disappointed in the communication at the beginning. I only really talked to the representative once, and then I talked to somebody else. The first person never got back to me. There were times when they didn't answer the phone when I had questions for them; when I was considering buying it and so forth. I had problems with the salesman, he said he would get it tomorrow, and it didn't come for another week.

James Hood
May 11th, 2017 Goldsboro, NC

The salesman was easy to deal with, but when I went activate it, it didn't have the correct parts and that was not a good experience I spoke to someone at the cancellation department and got it solved, however, I still haven't been able to activate it.

Hazel Dunaway
May 11th, 2017 Lizella, GA

It's been a great comfort and help to know that my mother has been able to have it. We've done the testing and things like that, and it's great to know that she has that support. Plus, the person we spoke with was very helpful.

Lois Hicks
May 11th, 2017 Granbury, TX

My mother was happy with the experience. She called to get it set up and everything went well, so she was happy with them. Everything just seems to be working fine.

Joan Butler
May 11th, 2017 Winston-Salem, NC

We purchased the service for my mother that lives in another state, and I was under the impression that there was an online portal based on the product they had. I ordered the most expensive product and paid for it upfront, only to discover that it didn't have some features that less expensive products had.

Joanne Murray
May 11th, 2017 Port Charlotte, FL

Although I haven't had it very long, I did make a mistake and hit the button by mistake. The people came on right away asked if I was okay, so it works well. I called to request the necklace instead of the wrist thing, and they were very nice.

Vincent C
May 11th, 2017 Port Republic, MD

The representatives were very helpful and offered a positive experience. Fortunately, my wife hasn't had to use it, but it's worked fine.

Nancy Mortimer
May 11th, 2017 Columbia, MD

Besides having to test it, I haven't used the service. When it came to calling them, the machine just says it will take a minute, but it definitely seems longer than that. It just keeps calling and calling and calling. Also, I think the monitor should be hooked up outside because of the signal. It's currently in the living room, and I think the reception might not be as good there.

Terri King
May 11th, 2017 Leesburg, VA

I chose Medical Guardian because I saw good reviews about them. The gentleman I worked with was good! He was very knowledgeable and followed up on the requests I had, and answered all my questions thoroughly. My mother lives alone, so we thought his would be a good thing for her. So far, it's worked just fine.

Betty Bennett
May 11th, 2017 Hemet, CA

It's a great service! The representatives were fantastic, and although I've never used it, it's been a very positive experience so far.

Beatrice Coffey
May 11th, 2017 Hillsboro, AL

The person I purchased the service for has not been able to use it. However, when it comes to communicating with me and the experience purchasing the system, I would say I'm definitely satisfied with it.

Bridget Basta
May 11th, 2017 Cleveland, OH

I'm happy I have it with me! I bought this over the phone, and the representative was good. He was kind of pushy, but I eventually gave in and purchased it. It makes me feel safe now!

Mary Taylor
May 11th, 2017 Richmond, VA

Although the service is for somebody that has not used it yet, the person I spoke with was pleasant. He knew all about it, and that helped me decide to purchase the equipment.

Squire Cathey
May 11th, 2017 Richardson, TX

We've only had it about 6 weeks now, but so far, it's been very pleasant. My father is over 80 years old, and he's fallen in the yard and the alarm has gone off. It's allowed us to help him when he needs it. Plus, their representatives were very good; they helped a lot, and were patient with me.

Linda Bezenah
May 11th, 2017 Caro, MI

Medical Guardian's representatives were wonderful! They explained everything beautifully. I make sure I take the little device with me wherever I go. It makes me feel perfectly secure when I'm shopping or doing whatever I need to do. The only thing I'd like to see is the receiver a little more expanded in the area that it picks up signals from. I can't use it if I'm in my home's basement; I would have to get another receiver.

L.J.M.
May 9th, 2017 Walnut Grove, MS

My body aches too much, mostly because I fall frequently, so I thought this was the best option. First of all, the representatives were really nice. I haven't used it because I've been trying not to fall, but I would definitely recommend it. I would suggest anybody that's over 59 to own a device like this. You'll never know when you're going to fall or hurt yourself.

Shirley Tolle
May 9th, 2017 Antelope, CA

So far, the service has worked just fine. My daughter got it for me, mostly because I'm an elderly person and I am alone most of the time. It's been a positive experience.

Carol Moulton
May 9th, 2017 Lawrenceburg, TN

The Medical Guradian representatives were great; they explained everything to us and that is exactly what we needed. We purchased Medical Alert for my grandparents because they live alone. We've been lucky we haven't ever had to use it.

Roger Webb
May 9th, 2017 Quinton, VA

Medical Guardian is something that older people want to have. Although I haven't used it, I call in every month, just to make sure it's still working. I keep it with me all the time. You never know when you might need it.

Joe Gage
May 9th, 2017 Houston, TX

They are outstanding people, I like the way they handle their business. I haven't had any problems with them. They do a lot of things right. I have no suggestions for improvement because they are okay. I got Medical Alert for myself because I have congestive heart failure and I'm a diabetic. That was the reason that my daughter insisted on getting this, in case I need help from EMS. I never use it for that, but I have tested it with Medical Guardian Company.

Helen Hawk
May 9th, 2017 Louisville, KY

Anybody that needs one of these should get Medical Guardian! I got it for myself, in case I fell again, although I haven't used it yet. I carry it with me at all times, plus, the people I spoke with were very nice! Such a positive experience.

Carolyn Benson
May 9th, 2017 Blairsville, GA

My daughter took care of talking to the representatives through the phone, and they were very helpful and friendly. It seems like a nice company; they're very cordial. We haven't had it for long, but it's here if we need it. My husband has Alzheimer and I have a bad knee, so this works just fine for us. I would recommend this to other people.

Bernard Bank
May 9th, 2017 North Miami Beach, FL

They said it was going to be $24, but there were 60 some-odd dollars on my credit card. I didn't like what they did at all; I sent it back. I purchased it for myself, after I watched an ad for it on TV. I only use it when I leave and go out, but it was horrible. After I used it once, and after I got the private pin, I tried calling them 5 times at customer service, but I couldn't get through. I finally got to customer service and I told them how bad it was, and they said we will send you a label, we'll send the whole package back. We finally got the label after a week from FedEx, sent everything back, and that was it. I called my credit card company. The fraud division said they would take care of it, but they never did. It's a bad outfit.

Castella Stevenson
May 9th, 2017 Umatilla, FL

We haven't had to use the service for an emergency, but it worked just fine during the test run. Besides, we spoke to some very nice and professional people. I guess we're only worried about how the police or paramedics will get into our house in case of an emergency. Since the service is for a loved one, she was really considering a service that provided a keypad outside the door. We really thought this was part of the process when we spoke to the young man, but it was just the necklace and the box.

Karen Mcelroy
May 9th, 2017 Williamston, MI

Speaking with a Medical Guardian representative was a very positive experience, and they were very helpful. I bought Medical Alert for someone else because she fell when she was alone, but she hasn't had to use it yet, fortunately.

Robert Bruce
May 9th, 2017 Bensalem, PA

As my wife's care giver, Medical Guardian was the best option for us. So far, they've offered a very positive experience. I spoke to some people on the phone, and they were very good.

Carol Williams
May 9th, 2017 New York, NY

I purchased this for my sister. She has Alzheimer's and diabetes as well, causing her to go outside while we're asleep, so we were worried about her safety. When I called to get some answers, they explained it to me very clearly. They took their time to explain to me anything I didn't know, so I think that was good. Overall, I just think this is a great thing to have!

Pamela Jackson
May 9th, 2017 Bolivia, NC

This service makes me feel a little bit safer. No matter where I am, I have help anywhere with the GPS service it offers. It's also cheaper than other companies. On top of that, their customer service representatives were respectful and very helpful. It's such a great thing!

Arlene Mclean
May 9th, 2017 Billings, MT

Their representatives were very helpful! They gave me all the answers I needed to know, and helped me figure out how to use it. All I do is put it on in the morning, and take it off at night.

Trudy Brutsche
May 9th, 2017 Napa, CA

I'm at risk of falling and getting injured, so I put on the device first thing in the morning and wear it all day. There has not been a significant time I had to use it, but Medical Guardian has provided a very positive experience to this day.

Lloyd Smith
May 9th, 2017 Collinsville, TX

Sometimes the device goes off when he hasn't fallen or anything, but that's better than not going off when he really is on the floor. Besides that, the representatives were very good and very helpful.

Terry Wyatt
May 9th, 2017 Gainesville, TX

The Sales Representative filled me in on the details of how it works, and how to use it. I've only had to test it, but thankfully not for an emergency. They did make the commitment of sending me a fire proof lock box if I paid 2 months in advance. To this day, I haven't received it.

Lydia Wahab
May 9th, 2017 Greenville, CA

My family wanted me to get this service after taking a bad fall a couple of years ago. The initial process with the representatives was great! They answered all my questions, and even though I haven't had to use it, I wear it all the time. It's really a lot better than the one I had previously. If anybody wants something that's convenient and very wearable, I'd recommend Medical Guardian.

Joyce Dickerson
May 9th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

My mother-in-law has Alzheimer's and likes to take walks, so we purchased Medical Guardian for her. Although she thankfully has not had to use it, I like that it has GPS tracking without having to carry a cellphone with her. That way we can check on her if we need to. This is a great option, considering we moved from a small town to a big city in Texas.

Dorthy Thomas
May 9th, 2017 Smithton, IL

The representatives were very polite and knowledgeable when we purchased it. After that, I haven't had any problems with it at all. I use it mostly at my daughter's house when I'm alone, and it's been a very positive experience so far.

Dominique
April 27th, 2017 Bayonne, NJ

This company is awesome! Go it for my mom and if she even trips it alerts and asks her if she's ok. That's how sensitive it is. As soon as she fell a voices says France's are you all right? My mom got into a car accident Upstae NY when she was visiting my sister. Today, I got a call from them stating she was not responding and called 911. Turns out my sister and mom were in a car accident and they called me before my sister even had a chance. They are amazing!

Darlene Jo
April 20th, 2017 Stockton, CA

Equipment is excellent. They called me and my former husband who also has it fell and was in need of medical attention. I purchased the thing that I wear on my wrist and the thing that I wear around neck and the thing that I can put in my purse.

Patricia Schmitz
April 20th, 2017 Delray Beach, FL

I've had prior experience with falls. Medical Guardian is very good and easy to use

Terri Aulman
April 20th, 2017 Gilroy, CA

The equipment have been very easy to use - I'm very satisfied.

Joyce Seeman
April 20th, 2017 Woodward, IA

Overall, using the Medical Guardian equipment has been excellent. Sales representatives are fine