Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian Logo

Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Carol
February 5th, 2015 Avon, IN

Customer service was great! Not only answered my questions, but gave him answers to questions I would have never thought to ask. Very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable.

Ann Rothgeb
February 5th, 2015 Chambersburg, PA

Very knowledgeable customer service help. Very pleasant and helpful. Called back to see if I had other questions

Elizabeth White
February 5th, 2015 Williamsburg, VA

I received a phone call immediately upon researching the website. My associate was very friendly, helpful, patient, and customer-service oriented. I was pleased to have chosen the number one emergency responder company to provide a service for my elderly mother.

Mary E. Chiado
February 5th, 2015 Canton, MI

l had a very positive experience while signing up for Medical Guardian coverage. Jeff was my salesman and he was awesome. He was very knowledgeable and able to answer all my questions and concerns in a very professional manner. I would definitely recommend family and friends to Medical Guardian.

Judy Paxton
February 5th, 2015 Martin, TN

Consultant was courteous and answered all my questions. Was very helpful.

Deborah Sims
February 5th, 2015 Hot Springs Village, AR

Taking way to long to get the device activated. On hold for 15 minutes and then got a recording to leave my number and they would call back within the hour. Not cool.

Martha Carroll
February 5th, 2015 Bloomington, IL

I found them to be capable, personable, with the answers to all my questions. At this point I am very satisfied with my experience with Medical Guardian. Jennifer told me to call her with any future questions or problems.

Teressa Grahek
February 5th, 2015 Washington, DC

Representive was very helpful by following up with me. Patient, kind, and inforrmative.

joan mottys
February 5th, 2015 Aurora, IL

excellent experience

Brenda
February 5th, 2015 FL

Customer support was extremely professional and helpful in answering our questions! Couldn't have been better.

Georgia Bierholm
February 5th, 2015 Coeur D Alene, ID

I was assisted by Jim, who was vey professional, knowledgeable and thorough in explaining everything to me. He was patient with my questions, giving me all the time I needed to assess the facts, follow-up with additional questions, etc. He described the equipment and how it functions (giving actual usage scenarios). He gave a very detailed explanation of the services Guardian provides. I look forward to receiving my medical alert device.

K.L.
February 5th, 2015 Detroit, MI

Service was fast but my bracelet fell apart so could you please send me the necklace instrad. I almost lost it when it fell apart but it dropped onto my shoe nd I felt it hit. It fell apart 3times.

Jackie Cross
February 5th, 2015 Pittsburgh, PA

My contact representative was very helpful and pleasant. He answered all my questions and gave me confidence that I was choosing the right company.

Norma
February 5th, 2015

I haven't received any of the order yet, but feel that it will be a help. I am anxious for GPS and fall detection to be available in Canada.

Gary Younger
February 5th, 2015 Hillsborough, NC

The Salesperson I talked with was highly knowledgable about all adspec" of this product. He gave me options on what is offered and things that my "suit " me and price quotes. Haven't received anything yet. But was very impressed by his daminer ". Superb!!!

JOANN VARGUS
February 5th, 2015 Malden, MA

THE PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK AS DESCRIBED TO ME BY REP. MY DAD IS VERY HARD OF HEARING AND HAS DEMENTIA SO I WAS LOOKING FOR A PRODUCT THAT HAD BOTH FALL DETECTION AND TWO WAY COMM FROM PENDANT AND WAS TOLD THE AUTO DETECT PENDANT HAD SPEAKER FOR TWO WAY COMM BUT IT DOES NOT. I AM GONG TO TRY OUT AND IF DOES NOT WORK WILL RETURN BUT I AM DISAPPOINTED IN THAT REP WAS NOT TRUTHFUL IN DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCT.

Steven
February 5th, 2015 Waukegan, IL

Very easy too install,l just hope my Mother will wear the wristband or necklace before she has another fall.

Phyllis McAuliffe
February 5th, 2015 Rochester, NY

Off to a bad start by getting my confirmation and 15 minutes later calling to CHANGE the delivery ADDRESS!! I told the service rep. that my address, she said she would make the correction. I asked for another confirmation to see the correct change of address. (This did not happen!) The very next morning 8-9 hrs.later I called the service # back to see if the address was corrected and this service rep. also took the new Change of Address (before it was shipped). 2 days later I get an E-mail stating the equipment has been shipped to the address that wasn't corrected and probably still isn't . My confidence in your business is questionable that if I plan to use your service in an EMERGENCY the rescue team will NOT FIND ME!! Well, right now I am TRACKING DOWN my DELIVERY with UPS to get the right address on my equipment and to receive it! I NEED a confirmation showing you have the CORRECT ADDRESS for me. I know I can be somewhat dyslexic at times and I'm sure that I'm NOT the only one but Do I have to go to this much effort just because I hit the #9 key instead of the #0 next to it???? ------- Phyllis McAuliffe--------

Daria Iwanczuk
February 5th, 2015 Inwood, WV

While it was easy to order there was a delay in shipment. Now I'm not sure who will be able to install the system for my mom, the person who this was intended for. There was almost a week of lag time before the unit was shipped. I was there during the weekend and now I have to see who is in the area as my mother is 350 miles away.

Gabrielle Azzaro
February 5th, 2015 Vista, CA

Customer support explained everything to me, and did not even push the most expensive machine. That is what I wanted because of my mother's condition, but he didn't push. I am looking forward to see if this all lives up to the reviews.

Annette Johnson
February 5th, 2015 Oxford, OH

I researched several companies and yours stood out. One of the competitors continually called trying to get my business even after I told them I did not like pushy sales people. Michele was not pushy but very informative, positive and pleasant to talk to. I certainly hope I never have to use the unit I purchased but I am confident that if I do the response will be just as good as the sales rep.

Kyanne Andersen for William Ackley
February 5th, 2015

The salesman was very clear and helpful. He placed the order quickly as requested. I felt wonderful about the company. The order then came with the wrong equipment, but the customer service over-nighted the right items. This too was fine. However, when we tried to call the "activation" number, I first waited on hold for 10 minutes and then was finally told just to leave my number and they would call back "within the hour". All day I waited with no call back. This happened again the next day. No call back. I tried customer service and got the same hold message. I called my salesman's line and left a message - no call back. By the end of the second day I was ready to decide the company was a scam and I could never trust them to answer a distress call at all. On the third day the activation people answered within a few minutes on hold and all went well from there with activation and testing. Now I am in a wait and see mode. The company needs to hire more activation personnel if they want customer trust!

Cynthia Griffin
February 5th, 2015 Spokane, WA

1.The day I ordered the slert system, person I spoke to said it should to out "on Monday" referring top January 12. It is 10 days later & no alert system has appeared. Did receive an email today, Jan. 22 stating that the System has now shipped. Wait was rather disconcerting. 2. Both young men I spoke with were astute & cordial. However, generally speaking, those from the East send to speak a bit briskly for us Westerners. And for us "old ones". I am 83. Keep up the good work--just more slowly if you can.

Victoria King
February 5th, 2015 Ware Shoals, SC

I paid extra for equipment to arrive on Wed because we needed by Fri. Now here we are awaiting someone to help us install. We called at 5pm and are still awaiting help after 7!

LoAnne w Lane
February 5th, 2015 Rincon, GA

Customer support was very nice an explained everything I needed to know

Ecaires
February 5th, 2015 Kaneohe, HI

I was impressed with the amount of time it took to speak with an agent and get my guardian mailed off to me. ''Twas fast but felt rushed. I received my guardian in a weeks time. Set up was easy as they say. I am very pleased and secure in my home.

Frank
February 5th, 2015 New Holland, PA

Having a blind wife with a heart condition at home alone is scary. This device gives me piece of mind . I know that regardless of the situation help is just one push of the button away. Thank you Medical Guardian for easing my fears

ROBERT V DURKEE
February 5th, 2015 Houston, TX

I was most impressed buy the customer service they were not pushy and not trying to talk me in to something that I did not need or want

William McCarthy
February 5th, 2015 Ankeny, IA

Set-up procedures were well written and easy to follow. Customer support was able to help me reset lockbox code. All test went well.

Robert Dorian
February 5th, 2015 Laguna Woods, CA

Easy sign up. Rep was knowledgeable, professional and had answers to my questions. Hope my new service continues the excellent impression left by the sales rep.

Bill
February 5th, 2015 Titusville, PA

Consultant was great. Easy to install, and customer support Frank was helpful and nice with my mother activating it. Best of all my mother is happy with it and feels safe. She speaks highly of the monitoring personal. Thanks Medic Guardian

Barbara Wright
February 5th, 2015 Sunbury, OH

Checked info on internet..Jonathan imediately contaced me w/all the necessary info. After comparing w/other options I called him back on Jan. 29th to place my order. He was extremely polite and informative. Anwered all questions in a easy to understand manner. Also gave me client service number & acct number for future reference. He is a deffinete plus for your organization.

Paul Shumate
February 5th, 2015 Mount Joy, PA

I dealt with customer support and they was delightful to give so much information, etc. I was imppressed and altho' I had enrolled with another company, I cancelled that because they had charged my credit card but In the time since the initial call to and with them, I never received any further communication and subscribed with your service. Looking forwarde to receiving the equiipment and using it.

Carolyn Gordon
February 5th, 2015 Tempe, AZ

Great service and information from customer support. Couldn't ask for more.He answered all my questions and walked me through the signup.

Mike sulpizio
February 5th, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

A+++ and Thank You! We researched All of the top 10 rated companies for features, cost and dependability. I would highly recommend this company over the others due to " fall down protection" with the mobile device. This is cutting edge technology that frankly... Is not offered by other companies at this time. We received excellent Customer service who answered All of our questions and concerns with professionalism. My Mom deserves the best and she got it at a Very reasonable price. Thank you Medical Guardian and your entire team. We will refer you to All of our Family and Friends who may need this Service.

virginia young
February 5th, 2015 Clarksville, TN

The Person I talked to was named Guy, he was very patient with me and I appreciated his manner of talking with me. Seniors often are talked down to, he was very nice .

Gerald Mann
February 5th, 2015 Alexandria, VA

Fine service, except for billing problem on their end, which caused both of my cards to be rejected.

Mary Pistolese
January 23rd, 2015 Sackets Harbor, NY

I'm Teresa Ellingsworth and I'm writing this review for my mom, Mary Pistolese, because she doesn't have a computer and doesn't know how to use one. My mom is very upset because she believes she received the wrong device. She wanted the Mobile Alert device that goes anywhere with you. Instead she thinks she received the Cellular In-Home device. She is thinking of canceling your service and going with another company. I've been encouraging her to call you and straighten out the misunderstanding. Maybe someone can call her to help resolve the problem. I would have peace of mind if she would get a device activated and use it.

Larry j. Frisbee
January 16th, 2015 Middletown, PA

The man I spoke with Guy made me feel comfortable and answered all of my questions, I am looking forward for my wife receiving the medic alert package this coming Tuesday like Guy said she would and we will take it from there. Thanks for the piece of mind that I will have knowing I may be 500 miles away but my wife will be safer than ever. I am 69 and my wife is 68 and I have 5-1/2 years to go to my retirement. My construction projects take me further and further away from home it seems.

Sunny Brave
January 12th, 2015 Cedar Park, TX

Avant was very personable and helpful when I asked questions. I only caught him once "out of character". When a person has to be "in character," I get doubtful about their sincerity as a CS rep. Also, there were two things that did not set well with me: I did not get a confirmation e-mail immediately nor a charge to my credit card until Monday. That means that you may have the inability to "do business" properly on the weekend. If that is the way your system is set up, it might merit some review. Avant told me that I would get free two day shipping and that the equipment would be here Tuesday. I just now got the tracking number and it isn't even registered as being picked up yet. Knowing how UPS does business, that means it may arrive tomorrow but most likely, it will be Thursday. I also was not given the option of paying one month. It was four months or nothing. How is that different from a "contract" of sorts? Your Internet reviews are excellent but I am not impressed so far. It makes one wonder if the service would be like 911 putting a person on hold when they call.

Zubin Sethna
January 12th, 2015 Jackson Heights, NY

Just started looking into a medic alert system for my mother. On the web site, I sent off for information. Before I knew it, Kevin G. called me to discuss my options. He answered all my questions. I was not ready and wanted to do some more research. No sales pressure and when I was ready, I contacted him via e-mail to answer some more questions. Once again no pressure or hidden costs. Everything is on the web site and did not feel like I had to get a call just to be pressured to buy.

Sharon
January 12th, 2015 Tempe, AZ

Ed was my customer sales representative - he was very polite, knowledgeable, thoroughly explaining the service that was best for my Mom, leaving me with very few questions. He was very confident in the product and the service that Medical Guardian provides. Thank you for making this a pleasant experience.

Sharon Strok
January 12th, 2015 Covina, CA

Great customer service. Very easy to sign-up.

MARY ANN VACEK
January 6th, 2015 Hinsdale, IL

The Median Guardian services were explained. I appreciate getting one month free by paying for a year in advance. After I receive the pendant, bracelet and speaker box, and use them, I will find out about the service as this is the first time I have used a medical alert.

Pat Whatley
January 6th, 2015 Los Angeles, CA

Everyone was polite, patient and more than willing to help me with questions that I had. Delivery was uneventful and on time.

David Berry
January 6th, 2015 Abilene, TX

Product is good. Rep Guy J was well versed and when I checked BBB the company had received very few complaints and had resolved all of them. They go out of their way to be sure everything is as perfect as possible.

brick
January 6th, 2015 Milton, FL

These people really do go out of there way to help .they did for my mom .and thanks again

Richard Culleton
January 6th, 2015 Lewiston, ME

Very prompt response back after online investigation. Jonathan was very knowledgeable and explained clearly all options available.

M Turpel
January 6th, 2015

Johnathon Williams was my contact person. He was professional, knowledgeable, patient and endearing. I was not planning on pursuing the alert system from the U.S. side however, because of his friendly and compassionate nature I went through with the purchase with expectations that Guardian Medical Alert will offer me the emerge assistance I may need in Canada and my home in Florida. Johnathon is a definite asset to your company I believe. Many thanks!!!!!!!! I recommend this service and with exchange rates it has a lower cost with fantastic advantages with all the medical safety we need in emergency situations. Medical Guardian is Excellent and significantly surpasses our service providers in Canada.

Rosalina H Nabarrete
January 6th, 2015 Ewa Beach, HI

Unable to give any review for the usage of the product but I have very good rating for the customer service rep who called me to walk me through setting up the equipment. A very pleasant and patience lady who's name I failed to remember. Please excuse me for my short term memory.