Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Medical Alert

verified
$100 Guarantee
Trusted by Top Major Retailers

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, the largest independent medical alarm company in North America.  Since 2004, Connect America has kept people safe and active in their homes and communities. The medical alert company offers a broad range of in-home medical, on-the-go, and tele-health solutions to consumers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide. They have been chosen by major retail chains such as CVS to be the main provider of medical alert services at over 7,000 store locations in 43 States. Connect America is a government-approved provider of advanced products and services including telehealth and remote patient monitoring in over 30 states. They have an A+ rating with the BBB.

The Good

• Multilingual Support
  • Special Offers and Price Promotions
  • No Long-term Contract
  • Certified Monitoring Centers
  • Extended Battery Life
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  • Leading Equipment and Technology
  • GPS and Fall Detection Technology

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Multilingual Support

Medical Alert monitoring centers provide multilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Alert customer service can be reached within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and Canada.

Special Offers and Price Promotions

Depending on the specific product subscription, Medical Alert charges anywhere from $19.95 to $37.95 per month for around-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no set-up, activation or equipment fees. Medical Alert provides special offers frequently including free months of service and free shipping. Currently, they are running a special with prices on systems from $19.95 while supplies last.

No Long-term Contract

There are no long-term contracts and seniors can cancel Medical Alert's medical alarm services at any time. This is in great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert monitors 24/7 at fully redundant, CSAA 5 Diamond and UL certified monitoring centers.  In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

Extended Battery Life

The pendant battery life lasts up to 3 years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged in the base unit.

30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you're not satisfied with their medical alert service.

Leading Equipment and Technology

Medical Alert offers a broad variety of systems to match any lifestyle. They have an exclusive mobile device product called Mobile Elite that offers the benefits of GPS location, fall detection, and a caregiver app. In addition to Mobile Elite, the company has two other mobile products, one of which is an all-in-one button that offers two-way communication. Medical Alert also offers in-home solutions that work with or without a landline.

GPS & Fall Detection Technology

Medical Alert has fall detection available on any medical alert system. Every medical alert button with fall detection will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. These are ideal for customers who might be at risk of falls, heart attacks, and seizures. This will provide peace of mind to older adults with these risks as well as their family members who are concerned for their safety. Medical Alert offers GPS technology on mobile systems, which allows emergency responders to locate you if you need help and can’t respond.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

The popularity of the Medical Alert brand speaks for itself. There are many pros, but there are a few points that could be classified as cons, such as the following:

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

There is a list of additional fees that consumers may need to be made aware of. Such fees occur if the unit is lost or damaged by the customer. The customer may then be charged either $150 or $350, depending on the product. Customers can avoid this fee of equipment by purchasing a protection plan which is only $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

There is no option for a system that includes activity monitoring, which some medical alert companies offer. The system doesn’t connect directly to a smartphone. Customers have to purchase the app to use their smartphones to track loved ones. Some medical alert companies offer mobile app usage for free.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company's products are top of the line with plenty of worthwhile benefits. This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system and accessories. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what real customers have to say.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Dorothy
November 5th, 2018 Trafford, PA DETAILS

It's gone off buy itself sometimes, but other times when we've had to use it they've sent ambulances and alerted the family members. If they don't get a hold of her, they contact other family members to make sure she's ok.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Dorothy, Please call Susan from our escalation team at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0093 if you would like help with anything. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Caitlin
November 5th, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

It's too expensive. The necklace is ugly and hard to put on and take off.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Caitlin, Please call Susan from our escalation team at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0093 if she can help with anything. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Carol
November 5th, 2018 New Smyrna Beach, FL DETAILS

I accidentally dropped it without realizing and stepped on it and set it off and the phone rang almost immediately and they called to make sure I was ok. I feel more secure with it.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Carol, Glad to know it's working as it should! Thanks so much for your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

November 2nd, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS

When I fell, it went off and worked. I had to call and tell them I lost my pendant, and they tried to up sell me on an in advanced feature, but I said no and I never got the replacement.

Betsy
November 2nd, 2018 Bellevue, WA DETAILS

Customer service is nice because they remind me to test it from time to time.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Betsy, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Bob
November 2nd, 2018 Ozone Park, NY DETAILS

I had a severe attack and told them that I needed an ambulance, and they got one to me within 7 minutes. It usually takes at least 30 when I call 911. I had a problem with one of my pendants, but they called me to let me know they were monitoring something wrong with it and they sent me a new one right away.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Bob, Excellent review! Thanks for letting us know and so glad you're ok. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Charlotte
November 2nd, 2018 Terrace Park, OH DETAILS

It went off twice in the middle of the night because I turned over, so the man answering the phone suggested I take it off and put it on the pillow. Once I did that, it helped.

Carlotta
November 2nd, 2018 Hobbs, NM DETAILS

They answer me every time I call in. It could be cheaper, but I like it.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Carolotta, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

November 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

It's too easy to set off the alarm accidentally, but they always respond immediately.

Marion
November 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

They always respond very quickly, even if it's a false alarm.

Betty
November 2nd, 2018 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS

I misplaced one part and they were supposed to send me a new one, but they haven't yet. They call me often to check on me even though I don't use them medical alert.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Betty, Please call Susan from our escalation team at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0093 if you would like help with anything. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Carol
November 2nd, 2018 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

The medical device is very small and compact. It's readily available for when we need it. On the day it was installed, we tested it and everything worked out very well.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Carol, Please call Susan from our escalation team at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0093 if you would like help with anything. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Brenda
November 2nd, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

You push the button, and they call to ask if you are okay. As soon as they know you're not okay, they send someone to you right away. I tested it once and they were at my door within five minutes. I like how they treat their customers so well.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Brenda, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Charlotte
November 2nd, 2018 Marion, IA DETAILS

They are much cheaper than what I have found elsewhere. I love that they're so prompt and a nice company to be with. I love the device because I can either carry it in my pocket, on my wrist, or around my neck. It's very handy. When I push my buttons, they respond very quickly.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Charlotte, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Louise
November 2nd, 2018 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

I get a lot of medical alerts coming on, I don't know why it goes off all the time.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Louise, Please call Susan from our escalation team at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0093 if you would like help with anything. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Barbara
November 2nd, 2018 Midland, MI DETAILS

My husband fell out of bed and was barely able to move, but he pushed the button and they magically appeared. I'm paying for this to be hooked up, but it's not hooked up yet, so I don't exactly know what to do. They give you a number to call but it doesn't work, I've tried it a number of times.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Barbara, Please call Susan from our escalation team at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0093 if you would like help with anything. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Nancy
November 2nd, 2018 Powell, TN DETAILS

Every time I call with a question, I always get an acceptable reply. I have found that the chain around my neck is a little but too long. The button with swing and call because of it. I went on a walk once and when I came back I found fire trucks outside of my house because it had called them and I couldn't answer the phone.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Nancy, Please call Susan from our escalation team at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0093 if you would like to get the wrist version since it sounds like your pendant is bothersome to you. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Evelyn
November 2nd, 2018 Lynchburg, VA DETAILS

It's very reliable, and it's easy to charge. The charge lasts more than 48 hours, so if you're going away you don't need to bring all of the charging equipment with you. I've tested it and had to get used to the sensitivity and response because it was a little bit unnerving. It started to ring, and I didn't realize it was happening because the button got pressed when I was leaning over. But, it was an immediate call and response.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Evelyn, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Bonnie
November 2nd, 2018 Indian Trail, NC DETAILS

The people have been very nice and help answer any questions I have. I got the long-range model so I can push the button anywhere in the United States.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Bonnie, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Bob
November 2nd, 2018 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

It's easy to wear and use, the system is very responsive. Every time I have questions, they answer them right away. I accidentally dropped it and they were on the system right away.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Bob, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Ruth
November 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Once a month I test it and they call me back right away. I think it's a fantastic program.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Ruth, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Edith
November 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I tried it just to see if it works and they're always there right away every time.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Edith, Thanks so much for your review! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Cecelia
November 2nd, 2018 Naples, FL DETAILS

They have contacted me on several occasions to see if it's working. I think the necklace needs some improvement, I have trouble trying to undo it. I recently got the fall detection one, but I have not used it a whole lot because they told me not to wear it at night when I am sleeping.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Cecelia, Please call Susan from our escalation team at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0093 if you would like a bracelet instead of the pendant. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Bonnie
November 2nd, 2018 Hawthorne, CA DETAILS

I recently tried the new one that will detect if you're falling. But I can't wear it because it goes off.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Please call Susan from our escalation team at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0093 if you would like to test your device for sensitivity. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Shirley
November 2nd, 2018 Girard, PA DETAILS

I went to put it on the stand at night and I missed, and it fell on the floor. They called me right away to make sure everything was okay. I have mistakenly bumped it and they call me to check on me.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Shirley, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

November 2nd, 2018 Moline, IL DETAILS

I've found it very useful. One time I fell in my garage and hit the back of my head and it was very good that I had the medical alert with me so I could call someone. The device has never failed me, every time I've fallen. It is expensive but worth what I pay.

Mary Dagnino
October 4th, 2018 Fishkill, NY

I did not know it needed cellular. I don’t have any . We moved the base to every window. I was going to return it but kept it hooked up while I looked for another brand. Today I knocked over my walker and a friend came to me saying someone is talking in the kitchen. I went and turned it off quickly and in time to cancel the call. The fall button is very sensitive. I will keep it and make sure it works. I have it facing the window and in it is under pendant light. I had called to make sure the call was cancelled. When I was setting it up I didn’t realize I hit the button. All of a sudden 2 police and 2 paramedics were at my door. Q

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Mary, Please call Susan from our escalation team at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0093 if you would like to discuss your account and discuss your overly sensitive device. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Donna Schiro
October 2nd, 2018 Merryville, LA DETAILS

I already have a medical alert system from you all I was recently inquiring about your system for a friend of mine here whom has already had several falls I am fortunate I haven't had to use my medical alert system yet but am glad I have it in case I ever need it

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Donna, Thank you for recommending us to your friend and thanks so much for your review! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Rita Tourigny
September 26th, 2018 Sarasota, FL

So far, the alarm was activated 3 times....don’t know how until Rita Tourigny heard the alarm box screaming at her! Your company says, wear the wrist band at night. We will try this. I really don’t like the big unit where one can not turn the volume down.....or have the reset button on top so if the unit needs to be reset...it is easily assessable. So far we are not too happy. Your responders are great tho. Send a survey later....we will see what happens.

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi Rita, Thanks so much for your feedback. Please call again if you need help figuring out the best way to wear your device so that it doesn't accidentally go off.. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Paul Cathcart
September 26th, 2018 Westminster, SC

I got an immediate response after I submitted my info online. Jorge was well versed and very pleasant and easy to work with. He provided all the info necessary for me to make a decision to go ahead and get this device for my mother. The only problem I had was there was about 3 more people contacted me after Jorge. Finially I asked them to stop calling me because I was already working with Jorge. So they quit. Otherwise very pleased.

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi Paul, Sorry about all the calls. Thanks so much for your feedback. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Nancy C Toy
October 5th, 2018 Harrisburg, PA

Your unit cost too much, then your going to lower price to keep me. No thanks!

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Nancy, Our pricing is among the lowest in the industry. Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Linda Watson
September 18th, 2018 Jessup, MD

I filled out on online request for information, as I am in the process of gathering some comparative information. Since doing that, I have received multiple phone calls daily from different representatives, all of them with different contact numbers. I just picked one to call back & got the information I needed; I advised I would be making a decision in the near future, so not sure why I'm still getting calls. Hopefully, I don't have to call each individual phone number back & do the same thing.

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi Linda, Thanks so much for your feedback! You do not need to call back anyone unless you are considering Medical Alert. It's standard that we follow up with potential customers. We value your comments and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Patricia A. or Patti Goodwin
September 12th, 2018 Daytona Beach, FL DETAILS

Having had AND used two other alert systems: I am finding ConnectAmerica /Medical Alert to be an efficient and easy to use device: on each of the occasions, I've used it, the response has been imely; I recommend the system!!! BE SAFE!! :>)

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi Patricia, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Miriam Hammerle
September 4th, 2018 Pipe Creek, TX DETAILS

They are not helpful at all in closing an account out. I think they just plan on charging us forever even though my Mom has passed away. I'm having a hard time getting them to close the account. I am thinking about just cancelling my credit card so they can't charge me again.

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi Miriam, I am not able to see you account. I am going to send you a private message as we want to clear this up asap. Thanks for sharing your your experience. Sincerely, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Mila Wulbern
September 4th, 2018

Haven't had to use it but should do the job. It is bigger and heavier than some we have seen.

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi Mila, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Sharon Pipkin
September 4th, 2018 Ogden, UT

It feels heavy around my neck. I had back surgery in 2006 and a titanium rod was put in my neck. I'm in chronic pain. I didn't expect the device to be that heavy so It's hard for me to wear all day long.

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi Sharon, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Please call our customer support line to inquire about a wrist button instead of the necklace as that might be more comfortable for you. Call.800-800-2036. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Gary L Porterfield
August 27th, 2018 Corpus Christi, TX DETAILS

My experience is very limited at this point. All devices were delivered on time and set up was not difficult. The instructions were clear and we did not have to call support for help. Testing the system went without a hitch. Fortunately we have not had to activate the system, but our experience thus far has been very positive.

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi Gary, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

WILLIAM L POWERS
August 15th, 2018 Waimanalo, HI DETAILS

i have called 2 times to cancel but they are taken $44.00 out of my checking account i pick up Medical help because it was less, i sent back items you told me to in July by usps the warehouse said they did not get oit you are taken $44.00 out of my checking accouint for some think i do not have what i sould i do now?

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi William, I am following up on this and will send you a direct message. Thanks, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

MATILDA. COLE.
August 13th, 2018 Takoma Park, MD DETAILS

Because as soon as it goes off someone will get on to you. Tyler

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi Tyler, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Barbara Rowe.
August 13th, 2018 Gilmer, TX DETAILS

Hard to get them on phone to change something.

Allison Gumbs Sep 28, 2018

Hi Barbara, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert