Best Company Guarantee Spectrum Logo

Spectrum

7.2

I like Spectrum they always have good service. I do have problem with my internet from time to time. I work from home so its hard to work when wirless goes in and out.

Mike

Spectrum has fast reliable service. Their customer service is knowledgeable and friendly. The price for the services provided are very competitive.

Pamela S Hartman

We have been with Charter/Spectrum for 14 years. Their customer support, quality of products and expertise are excellent.

Lorena Casanova

Rarely do i have an issue with service and whenever I call customer service they normally resolve the issue over the phone within less than 30 minutes

James Strassburg

I purchased a google Wi-Fi router the one supplied would on a good day give 30% of the stated speed. It would lock up once or twice a day. The modem freezes about every other day. When I called Spectrum and finally got a human. I was put on hold to transfer to tech support after 5 minutes on hold I was disconnected. This happened on 3 separate days

4 years ago Edited September 14, 2021

Bradley kamke Appleton, WI

My apartment only allows Spectrum. I switched to Spectrum. Iv had Spectrum for the past 7 months I have had nothing but problems. My wifi has gone out 4 times for 5 to 7 days each time. I lived at another appartment prior to this for 2 years and had ATT and never had any issues with service or customer support. Each time Iv called "Spectrum" I have never talked to a human. I have talked to a machine every. Single. Time. Personally I recommend that you DO NOT CHOSE these crooks. They seems to not care about you and only care to a whole as Spectrum... I rate Spectrum 1 out of 5 easily.

Sam Holden Los Angeles, CA

Spectrum sucks! I called to get internet service from them, because they are the only provider in my neighborhood, and it was like I was talking to a car dealership. There are all these hidden fees and charges that will hit you. Also never get the "free" modem from them it just a way for them to throttle you internet. This company is down right shady.

Amy Q Grand Prairie, TX

We canceled 2 days after the $180 charge and found they do not prorate. Seriously! That alone is just tacky. Spectrum charged $180 for the same services as AT&T, who only charges $115. Stupid me for thinking the speed would make enough difference to offset the inflated charges. The remote is a disaster, so if you like football, you will HATE the Spectrum remote. You will lose the ability to skip forward or go backwards a few seconds. And, if you do not have the coax cables in your house, they will need to come out and it will cost you more than you want to pay.

Noname Covington, LA

Outstanding service, Customer Service etc. I recently had an issue I called and actually talked with a human...well done

Texas Pet Owner

Because I have no other choice, I need to keep spectrum, I am paying for 100mbps, but it is randomly that we get that speed, we fluctuate from 5 to 60 average. I wish they had competition, I would switch in a split second.

Glenn Yuma, AZ

The internet is reliable and fast. My house is odd shaped and the signal would not travel through the house. They fixed the problem in a short time.

Renee Columbus, OH

Spectrum is the worst company ever. Everyone there is incompetent. I’m moving but said leave my old service on through 4/27. I said turn on my new service 4/11/2019. Then they mailed the box to the new house prior to us getting possession. Then I said I send a technician I will pay the $40. They charged me and never sent someone. Then I called and their services continently were down and they couldn’t help fix their mistake.

Zhen Sun San Gabriel, CA

Spectrum for internet speed is slow and poor connection has been going on for past a couple years and I contact them for credit for the poor service most of the time they will refuse or they'll make it difficult for them to listen to me or even they promise to give credit for their poor service but later on they never apply credit. few occasions that apply but only 1 or 2 dollars here and there and they keep raising their price. they are monopoly. we need to take them accountable for their deeds! Thanks.

Kathy Lawson

Love everything but feel it is too expensive. Can't believe we are paying over $200 for TV, phone (which we don't use) and internet.

Noel Gloversville, NY

If there was an opting to leave NO stars i would. I despise spectrum internet. I went from a 65mps throught another company to 100mps through spectrum. I am highly regreting that decision. The internet does stay connected despite several visits from the techicians. You cannot run multiple devices. You cannot watch a 30min tv show with out dropping connection every 5 minutes. And if you want to talk about gaming. 😲😂 what a joke. I cannot wait to get this months bill so i can shut this garbage off and go back to my 65mps from frontier. Spectrum is GARBAGE.

Shirley

Internet is intermittently slow for no reason. Moving to a non provider router brings better results than any they have ever provided. Service is okay but different departments impart conflicting information.

Ryan E Brainerd, MN

Too expensive. I am a small business owner and office out of my home. They are the only hardwire cable and internet provider in my neighborhood and they have me by the balls.....

Bobbie Budgett Melbourne, FL

I enjpy the faster internet, but i question the availabilty and acess of the DVR server. Oftentimes the shows I tape i can't access. That's frustrating.

Charlie Kingston, IL

Took 2 months to do a drop bury and numerous phone calls with numerous supervisors to get a drop bury done. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH A VERY POOR BURIAL DEPARTMENT. Very disappointed with how i have been treated during this time. They won't admit fault and they tell me they wont give me somekind of compensation for my time of waiting and delaying my home remodel. So with this I say this company has poor customer service and poor company values. They will drag you along and wont help you when its done. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS YOUR MONEY NOT YOU. Thanks for screwing me Charter!!!!!!!

Emma Tanner Montour Falls, NY

I keep having outages. My internet works sometimes and then my router has random blinking lights which shows my internet is on but I can’t access anything onto it. This needs to be fixed! I am sick and tired of not having the internet me and my family wants!

Jean C Thompson Appleton, WI

I am not getting anywhere near the speed they advertise for internet and I have a hundred channels of TV I never watch but am denied a better deal because I have to give up all service for 30 days to qualify.

Catherine Wilson Carrollton, KY

After husband and I split I put cable in my name. Paid two months bills and service was put on hold because he did not pay his bill off. Although my balance is zero I am being held accountable. Been with them a long time but will be looking for service elsewhere. How does a company punish someone that pays their bill.

Mary Ann Marble Falls, TX

I have steady streaming with no interruptions. The internet is fast & does not have on...off....on...off signals, which is maddening.

Katherine Vallera Los Angeles, CA

They are THE WORST!! It takes forever to reach anyone over the phone, then they pass you back and forth for hours, they don't comply with federal regulations stipulated by the FCC Cable Act and they really don't care, either. They have a monopoly on the market so they do whatever they want. They were overcharging me and it took me MONTHS to get it fixed. I had to go to the attorney general and BBB, which pissed Spectrum off so they began harassing me every day and being abusive!! It's just bad bad bad BAD. Wish I had other options.

Irene Schmigiel Buffalo, NY

I rated it low because of the cost of this internet service. As a senior on a very very fixed income, they would not budge on what I have to pay. My bill goes up every year, this year it was $20.00/mo. Times that by 12 months, and I get nothing more for the huge increase. Shame on them.

Stephen Weatherly Sarasota, FL

They are more interested in money than providing reliable service. After a power failure my service did not activate when power was restored. I was told that only if I returned 1400 miles from my seasonal home to provide access to the inoperative equipment could my service be repaired. In the interim I was given the option of continuing to pay or close my account. I decided to close my account. I was told I could return their equipment when I returned. Less than a month later I received a large bill for their equipment, even though I had been a subscriber for over 15 years .

Debby Willis

I have never had any problems with this company. I haven't been double charged every month like I was when I had CenturyLink.

Paige Murphy

Usually pretty good, but when problems arise they tend to always think it's YOUR problem: your computer; your router; your wiring; your operating system; your browser; your email client. and so on.

Shirley Watson

Because the monitor keeps going down. I think they need to replace t That is very irritable.his monitor with one that doesn't go out every 30 minutes.

K HANEY Denton, TX

Charter Spectrum continues to falsely advertise starting internet download speeds of 60mps, but I have been a customer for a year and, despite being told I would soon get 60mbps, I have never had a speed that fast. My average speed is 30mbps. They are falsely advertising this all over Texas. I don't understand how they are allowed to do that.

Jeremy Summa Inverness, FL

I have business class internet because the residential modem created to much down time. With business class I pay at least double and I will admit the service doesn’t drop hardly ever I wish I got that with residential.

Donna McEleny Largo, FL

Dislikes: Internet Equipment is dated. Speed is slow on internet. Many TV shows are on different channels at the same time. Cost is too high. Likes: The customer service personnel are very helpful.

Tawana H Waco, TX

Their wifi service is really fast and good. They are flexible with their Billings especially if you need extra days to pay your bill. However when it storms you will lose power.

Carly Pryer Garland, TX

I have Spectrum internet and cellular service. I have decreased the amount of money I’ve had to spend in the past. I’m very satisfied with their service.

Mike Roberts Springfield, OH

One of the only providers in my area but actually the service has come leaps and bounds in the last year. I definitely would not switch again to go to ATT!

Faith L Kalamazoo, MI

This internet has a lot of outages but is the only one available in my area so I just have to deal with it. I'd probably choose another service if one was available.

K. Elliss Brooklyn, NY

Always great signal with high speed Internet as well as cable! Love the big box..especially so I don't lose a show if I'm working!

Tony Hamilton

Not a bad company but I believe that they should tell you that some phones have trouble with the SIM cards and they are aware of this problem and send you a new card right away 😊

Elisa Miami, FL

Honestly Spectrum is pretty solid. They may not have the best speeds on the market, but being the only internet provider in my area, I'm not complaining. No major issues and it was easy to switch to faster speeds.

FriscoTXHomeowner Frisco, TX

Very happy with Spectrum's customer service when I had questions. I also liked that I switched to them for cell service and it was so much cheaper but worked great.

CEDRIC BEAVERS St Louis, MO

I liked how they competed with other internet services/companies ding their best to compete but there were limitations of products to cover but overall I was pleased of their products.

Alex Indianapolis, IN

We are geographic captives of Spectrum's coax network. We have had constant problems with dropped connections after any appreciable rainfall. The area grid is badly in need of maintenance, and despite comparatively high cost of service there has been no appreciable effort to solve the larger problem. They have added and removed signal boosters. They ran, then bypassed a new drop to the property. They have preferred this or that quick fix over addressing the real problem. When we sought to terminate and port our voice service, which had become worse than useless, we encountered a major problem with the handling of our phone numbers. When we moved from one place to another within the same service area, Spectrum neglected to associate our phone numbers with our new billing account. They remained functional while we were subscribers, but when port time came, they could not authorize the release because no billing account address at all was associated with the numbers. Understand here that there is a difference between service address and billing address in their lexicon. Over the course of approximately 12 hours on the phone, plus untold hours searching and reading threads and stressing about it, I finally had the good fortune to catch a worthy CSR who spotted the glitch. It still took them a month to fix it after I repeatedly recited the saga. If you have a choice, you lucky few, STAY AWAY. Definitely don't entrust them with any critical service, because you're pretty much guaranteed to be disappointed at the critical moment.

Matthew Jerina Reno, NV

Customer service is always easy to speak to and they will usually work with you to negotiate a price after your contract expires. The intro price is always a good deal, but I wish the speeds were higher.

Margaret James LA

This company is a scam. The charges and bill are on the front page, but if you want to cancel your service ho to page 5 of 6 and it will tell you . Spectrum doesn’t prorate your bill . I paid for an entire month of service after I moved out because my bill was generated two days prior to me calling to cancel my service. But no worries our relationship is over. I will not be using their service at my new location. Nor will I refer anyone to use Spectrum. They’re the worst of the worst. Let’s not forget how the sales people/ Operator will lie to you. I was outdone when she started to lie. As if I was dumb or stupid. So glad , I’m done with Spectrum they don’t deserve my hard earned money.

Valerie Cabrera Pomona, CA

Cheapest price for high speed internet service.. and never had any down time or issues with my connection!!! I will remain a customer as long as Spectrum offers services..

Joe Mendez Weslaco, TX

This internet is so very awesome it sometimes has a brain fart but when it works man it's good fast just wish I would get the 500 mbs like I'm supposed to that's why I will not give a 5 star bur I'm close

Ellie Bradley Thousand Oaks, CA

This company has been great at providing reliable, fast service. Our internet is very consistent. If there's an outage they stay in touch through texts. Great job team!

1 year ago Edited March 22, 2023

Helen Webster Stevensville, MT

They were decent until I became homeless and had nowhere to continue my internet. I had been a good account user for two straight years with their phone and internet service. When I was forced to drop internet, I was given the option to continue cellular service if I wanted to pay $80 a month. For ONE line. I found this hurtful and and impossible for me to afford. They were nasty and were not at all empathetic. After being a customer in good standing for two years, I found it distasteful to be treated like that. Maybe Spectrum should change some of their ridiculous policies, and know that life happens, and bad things often happen to good people. I give them zero stars, but it makes you select at least one.

Amanda Slezak

Great service. Haven't had any issues with it so far. I can run everything I want to off of it. Customer service is great. Very helpful with whatever questions you may have.

Andrew Legore Seattle, WA

Always have good quality service and always connected and the customer service is absolutely awesome because they actually treat you like a human being.