Best Company Guarantee Spectrum Logo

Spectrum

7.1

LAST UPDATED: December 6th, 2022

Spectrum has been operating since 1993 and is a household name in the United States. The company, which recently merged with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, serves more than six million people, making it the fourth largest cable company and one of the largest internet providers in the country.

Spectrum provides internet speeds up to 60 Mbps with no data caps. Its internet service requires a one-year contract.

View Spectrum Reviews

Spectrum offers services in a huge span of the country, especially compared to other internet service providers.

Spectrum has been able to grow rapidly in just a few decades, attributing this success in part to its customer service commitment. That commitment involves a fast broadband network and all the tools necessary to meet internet connection needs.

The Spectrum team is willing to help their customers in any way they can to have a positive experience with their company. They offer cable and fiber-optic internet plans.

The Good

• No Data Caps
  • Short Wait Window
  • Spectrum Enterprise
  • Bundling Options
  • No Hidden Fees

No Data Caps

Spectrum internet doesn't limit its customers with data caps. A lot of competitors have data limits, and when customers go over these limits they pay fees or their services are disrupted. It's a convenience worth looking into, and this feature alone may be what steers you to Spectrum.

Short Wait Window

The Spectrum internet team knows losing internet service can mean losing time and money. At some point, you'll probably need a technician to come to your home or business to work on network equipment.

Many companies who send out technicians leave the time window wide open and make the customer wait for hours for the technician. Thankfully, Spectrum is different. They set a two hour window that the technician will be there. If the technician does not make the allotted time, Spectrum will pay the customer $20.

They also have a 30-day money-back guarantee their customers can take advantage of if they are not satisfied with their service or the products they receive.

Spectrum Enterprise

Spectrum offers fiber-optic business internet for companies who want a fast connection for phone, internet, and TV service. Spectrum Enterprise also delivers cloud services for their business customers.

Bundling Options

While Spectrum may not have a variety of standalone internet packages, they do have several options that can help you bundle internet, phone service, and cable channels:

• Spectrum Double Play — $89.98 per month, 125+ channels and 100 Mbps
    • Silver — $109.98 per month, 175+ channels and 100 Mbps
    • Gold — $129.98 per month, 200+ channels and 100 Mbps
  • Spectrum Internet & Phone — $64.98 per month, unlimited calling and 100 Mbps
  • Spectrum Triple Play Select — $99.97 per month, 125+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps
    • Triple Play Silver — $119.97 per month, 175+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps
    • Triple Play Gold — $139.97 per month, 200+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps

No Hidden Fees

While Spectrum does charge a fee to lease a router and another fee for installation, the company is more transparent than some service providers in the industry. Be sure to read contract terms thoroughly and take time to understand billing, your monthly rate, and whether you'll pay more after a certain duration of service.

The Bad

• Limited Internet-Only Packages Available
  • Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Limited Internet-Only Packages Available

Most internet service providers try to meet various audience needs by offering many different plans and bundles. These packages usually have a large selection of internet speeds (download and upload speeds), features, and prices to choose from. With all of these options, you're more likely to find the best fit for your specific internet and pricing needs. This is not the case with Spectrum internet, as they only offer their customers one package:

• Spectrum Internet: 60 Mbps for $44.99 per month

If you're only looking for internet and this package doesn't impress you, you'll need to choose another ISP.

However, you may be interested in Spectrum's internet and cable TV bundling options.

Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Spectrum offers an internet speed of 60 Mbps. Some competitors offer high-speed internet up to 1 Gbps for slightly higher prices. Potential customers will have to decide what speed they need and if Spectrum internet service is capable of delivering these needs.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Spectrum Internet is a good choice for those customers who are looking for relatively quick speeds in their internet network. The package it offers would work best for those customers who know exactly what they are looking for and do not need a lot of variety.

View Best Internet Service Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Spectrum below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

3.4

Joe Mendez Weslaco, TX

This internet is so very awesome it sometimes has a brain fart but when it works man it's good fast just wish I would get the 500 mbs like I'm supposed to that's why I will not give a 5 star bur I'm close

Rose Mary O El Paso, TX

I am completely satisfied with the service I receive from Spectrum. I only use their Internet. It is at a reduced price of $18.07, and the speed is reasonably effective. I really appreciate Spectrum's demonstrated care for our community.

Gumby Rowland Heights, CA

I use Spectrum for internet, tv cable and phone. For the most part Spectrum is reliable and has fair customer service. One thing I really like is the automation they have online to detect and troubleshoot issues with your internet connection. Price tends to be a little high though.

Ellie Bradley Thousand Oaks, CA

Our experience with Spectrum has been excellent so far. Our internet has been reliable and service has not been interrupted much. If internet goes down, then we get an email right away and an estimated time of reboot. It has been pretty accurate thus far.

Carol E Brown Harker Heights, TX

I have had Spectrum internet for more than 15 years. The service is excellent. A couple of times I had to contact the company to troubleshoot the system. The response time is very quick and the customer service was great. Any issues I had were resolved. I highly recommend Spectrum's internet to others.

Amanda Jo Presque Isle, ME

I've been with Spectrum over 7 years now. My monthly bill has stayed the same, down the the penny. They have one of the best customer service team I have dealt with. The whole spectrum team in only 5 mins or less solves your issue. To sum up in a few words would be Fast, friendly, affordable. I recommend spectrum to everyone. Thank you spectrum.

Jake Kantor San Antonio, TX

I've used Spectrum a lot through the years in various cities: New York, Los Angeles, and San Antonio TX. They've always provided a fairly reliable high-speed connection to the internet. I would rate them between B and A+. Sometimes my connection will go dead for a minute or two, but it's not that big a deal. Billing has always been smooth. I have never used them for cable TV or phone, so my review it limited to just their Internet offering. Overall I recommend them.

Kenya Moody Los Angeles, CA

This is the 3rd time I’ve ran into trouble with this business. I ask for a change in address for my service. The customer service agent give me an entirely new customer account, nothing transferred more additional cost and wrong service given. I now have two accounts. I specifically asked for internet. I was give internet plus $20 of streaming channels. I didn’t find this out since already went into the store and ask for just internet and the bill amount was given to me so I didn’t think much of it until my bill got increasingly higher (a year later). I call to see what’s going on and charter tells me it was added at their store then they said wait, you added it. Once I move from this apartment. My business is done with these people

Gaspar Isla Fontana, CA

I have had this company for many years, I have the internet and the cable TV, the service is good and it is not too expensive, when something it is not working, they usually help to me over the phone but if the problem persist they come to my house and they do not charge anything at all.

Glen Coffield Altamonte Springs, FL

I've been a Spectrum customer for home and business locations for several decades (previously Brighthouse) overall my service has been very good for internet but TV was terrible. They cannot get a good signal to my home. Speeds are good on internet and very few issues.

LCV Maddox

Spectrum's customer service is hit or miss, usually miss, unfortunately, because apparently, they pressure their customer service reps to sell more stuff and services when customers call to complain about the cable or internet being down. But at least their technicians are competent and at least in my experience aren't trying to sell more things or services to you!

Acrofab Office1 Holland, MI

Service is farily reliable and stable and speeds are good. Prices aren't too bad. Getting business customer service is not easy and most service help revolves around trying to get you to spend time to scour the website and FAQs instead of just getting you to a business service rep to solve your problem immediately. Phone numbers and getting to the right department to help are hard to find.

Deanna Hoffmeyer Farmington, MI

I have signed up with spectrum cable back in June 2022. They have been awesome with connectivity being able to reach out with any issues getting myself set up. They also offer a phone plan that I will be taking advantage of shortly.

Simon D. Wood Pomona, CA

Credit where credit is due. After my moaning and groaning about Spectrum, I finally got past the suicide-inducing robo-telephone operator [she should be pensioned off], and the engineers arrived. They were great. They crawled through our attic and sorted out the wiring. We now have constant internet and a TV picture which doesn't crap out every 30 seconds with a loss of sound. We are now happy customers. Thank you, Spectrum.

Susan Schubert Killeen, TX

My son plays video games online Best internet in Texas High speed internet is awesome

Helen Webster Stevensville, MT

They were decent until I became homeless and had nowhere to continue my internet. I had been a good account user for two straight years with their phone and internet service. When I was forced to drop internet, I was given the option to continue cellular service if I wanted to pay $80 a month. For ONE line. I found this hurtful and and impossible for me to afford. They were nasty and were not at all empathetic. After being a customer in good standing for two years, I found it distasteful to be treated like that. Maybe Spectrum should change some of their ridiculous policies, and know that life happens, and bad things often happen to good people. I give them zero stars, but it makes you select at least one.

David G Boyle Columbia, MO

The staff is very polite, and they explain things in a way that someone like me (who is just not real adept or literate in "Computer Terminology") can at least understand them.

Amanda Slezak

Great service. Haven't had any issues with it so far. I can run everything I want to off of it. Customer service is great. Very helpful with whatever questions you may have.

Jacqueline Mertins Lorena, TX

They are reliable and they are very fast. We have experienced some issues with them going down but they come up quite quickly. Most of the time they go down is because of bad weather with very high winds.

Stephanie Sue Hendrix Grand Prairie, TX

Awesome App ! Awesome Customer Service Representatives ! Awesome Internet service with no pressure to bundle anything nor contracts ! Keep up the aweso.e job you do Spectrum !🌻🌻🌻🌻😀😀😀😀

Heath Ramey Greenville, SC

Great internet service rarely any service interuptions. Only negative would be the slight price incr ase after initial start up months are over. Customer service at the call center have always been great and very helpful.

Kasey D Wichita Falls, TX

When I moved last year spectrum offered me the greatest deal I thought it was a scam but it wasn't I got internet, home phone, second tier cable and a cell phone unlimited plan for $65 a month! In the last year I think I've lost service for the cable maybe once the internet maybe once a month it will drop off but it usually fixes itself cell phone coverage has been great I got no complaints this is a great company I would definitely recommend them.

jbucklin Cameron, LA

Fairly reliable internet service is a plus. My speeds barely 1/3 of the advertised speed for my tier of services. Outages could be communicated more effectively, though this is improving. New customer offers are irritating, I feel that customer loyalty should be rewarded, not penalized by consistently having to pay 30% more each year for the same service than new customes.

Fish Superior, WI

I have the fiber optic high speed internet.It has worked good and the speed is faster than my plan says it should be. Occasionally the modem and router need a rest but that is my router so it is what it is.All in all it is good.

Lauren San Antonio, TX

Spectrum offer a wide range of services that my family and I use daily. Anytime we had an issue in the past, they walk us through how to resolve the problem over the phone with patience. Sometimes, fixing the issue is as simple as taking an old piece of equipment to the store and swapping it out with a new piece.

Amy Pingel Carpentersville, IL

We have to reset our router several times a week. It goes out when it wants to. We upgraded our service and it is still happening

Glenda Galloso Mission, TX

We live in a area that didn't have internet provider services except through satellite. We had been trying to get Spectrum to service our area for years. That process was very difficult and were always told that they didn't know how to go about us requesting their service. We finally got Spectrum to provide internet service to our area. I am guessing because the pandemic put a huge demand on internet service to rural areas. Now that we finally have Spectrum, we are very pleased with the service. I am paying much less money for much higher speed. I just wish it hadn't taken this long to get service in our area.

L L3 San Antonio, TX

Spectrum noticed a problem on their end at my house when the guy came out he checked everything he checked inside checked outside he found out it was a line coming from the outside back to the house he replaced it and wrote up the paperwork so they could come out and re-bury the line they were there by 10 o’clock the next morning bury the line you don’t even know it’s there. My internet has been working so much better now.

Sammy Clement

We get the gig service and it's been pretty good so far. We started our service in September of 2021. There are two things to be aware of. 1.) The payment date does NOT match the date you signed up for. We signed up on the 21st but our first full bill was October 14th. We were told it would be the 21st since that is when we signed up. We will have to pay extra if we want to change the bill date. 2.) They don't communicate with each other. We had a technician come out because our internet wasn't working during our first month. They were told "yep it's up and running on our end" and they replaced the ENTIRE wiring from the telephone pole to the house. Everything. It still didn't work. They talked to 5 different people. They were scratching their heads. 3 hours of work... They get ahold of the 6th person just to find out that no one had started our service yet. They said it happens often. First person doesn't do it right and then most reps after them don't bother checking. Just say "yep good on my end" so they can move on to the next thing. The repair guys were amazing, and we were "compensated" for the inconvenience. On top of this experience, there have been several other miscommunications between reps and other departments. Other than that, I like it. I'm wireless and it's decent, the wired is amazing. Good for gaming.

Tabitha Norman Dayton, OH

I pay 79.99 for just internet for it to not work half the time or be super slow. The bill randomly goes up all the time. Sometimes it takes forever to get ahold of someone to fix the issues.

Imperio Anderson Yuma, AZ

It's a bit expensive where I live and the other reason I put three stars is because they are the only cable company where I live and I dislike that. Unless you buy Internet from a phone company which I have done!

Andrew Legore Seattle, WA

Always have good quality service and always connected and the customer service is absolutely awesome because they actually treat you like a human being.

Mike Wilson Lexington, KY

Spectrum is a good provider, I just the cost of services is a little on the expensive side, and how it goes out so quickley for the least amount of issues, but customer service is excellent in solving your issues

Alicia McDermott Columbus, OH

Definitely have good advertisement/bundle you the first month everything's fine the second month price goes up or charged for something you didn't order the third month it keeps going up. customer service is great. If they would only stick with their advertisement when signing up it would be great but also for my mother's on low income disabled it was very hard to find her anything with spectrum that was in her budget even with the ACP program and that was kind of a disappointment when we were told that they had plans for the elderly and disabled.

Justin Paramaribo, PM

Fayetteville, NC was a pretty solid place to get service from. They do have deals that you will need to inquire about regularly, but overall, experience was great.

Judith Davis Charlotte, NC

Spectrum customer service is great and their representative are knowledgeable and kind to their customers. Spectrum keep customers updated with current location information.

Joan Bridge Milwaukee, WI

We have Spectrum in our area and for the most part, the service is very good. Installation has become a problem because they have been outsourcing the installers and the communication between the 3rd party providers and customers is clumsy leaving long gaps (sometimes days) between order and service. Customer Service generally very good but wait times over very long. Plan to wait at least an hour to get your issue including billing resolved.

Angel Palacios Seattle, WA

Affordable, reliable speeds Spectrum not only offers home internet with Spectrum you can bundle it with t.v, internet and mobile all for one low monthly price and the. The tech support are helpful and helped me get set up the same day I got my modem and router. I definitely would recommend Spectrum to friends and family.

Travers Terrell Hollywood, FL

Fast and reliable and prices are very good

1 day ago

Edie Glennville, GA

Had them in several locations. Good customer service

Sonja Hoffman Cottage Grove, OR

Wut I like about Spectrum is the variety they have available, where it can be live or not, & the one thing I like a lot is where everyone in the home for say has a profile and they can put their own choices into their profile info & it doesn't interfere with others choices. The one thing I can say that has been irritating is that sometimes the channels will be playing and then it will stop and u usually have to restart it, & it happens more then once, but other then overall its all pretty good & the pricing isn't to bad.

kelvin williams Newnan, GA

I switch to spectrum from att what a night and day difference. I live in a rural area before with att I was getting less than 8 megabytes/sec with spectrum I am getting 900 megabytes/sec not to mention I was able to also get 2 mobile phones all at a less price than just the internet with att. Spectrum is highly recommended!

Calvin Oatley St. Cloud, FL

They have a grest service only hsd a fee minor issues but the costumer service was very good & knew what to do & didnt waste alot of my time.. Very good at keeping appointment times even called when thry were on the way & again right before thry pulled up

ADAM COPPER Chicago, IL

Good Company and never has given me a problem. The only downside is that they value new subscribers more than good honest old customers who pay regularly. Seems like a bad practice but they will lower your bill if you call when you go out of contract terms

Shelley Wray Charlotte, NC

I currently have internet, TV & cell service for personal & business accounts & I have been very pleased with their services & customer service response for any issues! They are a pleasure to deal with…I switched over 3 yrs ago & am very happy that I did!

Abi Dallas, TX

I’ve been with Spectrum for a long time now because their rates and services are very competitive compared to other companies. They’re always having deals and specials going on for new and existing customers so I’m happy with staying with them.

David Bornancin Westlake, OH

Spectrum is a great company and provides several options. I have both High Speed Internet and TV. My speeds are the best ever and I can stream to all my devices with ease. I can also watch TV in any location around the country when I travel. If you want to insure you can use all your devices and have 99.9 up time go with Spectrum.

Flor

Had Spectrum at home for a few years in North Carolina, because it was included on my rent along with its cable service. Never had an issue, connectivity was always good even though I've met other customets who weren't happy with their service. I would defintely recommend Spectrum and their products.

Pam Sims Hayden, ID

We have the minimum internet service. We are long time retired and our use of the internet is minimal. For us and our pocketbook, Spectrum has been wonderful. We never have problems with our service, other than that caused by other forces. They have been great 👍

Super Cool Slimes New Philadelphia, OH

My boyfriend had a bad experience. The customer service woman was rude to him and then he over paid by $80. She told him an amount and conformation number, the bank had a different amount deducted. He was late on another bill because of it and accumulated late fees. He canceled it. So I called and got the wifi. My experience was the exact opposite. I had the nicest most helpful customer service woman. I remember her name was kay. She helped me and went above and beyond any other 1 I ever had. It was very refreshing to actually have a person who was good at their job.