Spectrum Logo

Spectrum

6.8

LAST UPDATED: May 20th, 2022

Spectrum has been operating since 1993 and is a household name in the United States. The company, which recently merged with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, serves more than six million people, making it the fourth largest cable company and one of the largest internet providers in the country.

Spectrum provides internet speeds up to 60 Mbps with no data caps. Its internet service requires a one-year contract.

View Spectrum Reviews

Spectrum offers services in a huge span of the country, especially compared to other internet service providers.

Spectrum has been able to grow rapidly in just a few decades, attributing this success in part to its customer service commitment. That commitment involves a fast broadband network and all the tools necessary to meet internet connection needs.

The Spectrum team is willing to help their customers in any way they can to have a positive experience with their company. They offer cable and fiber-optic internet plans.

The Good

• No Data Caps
  • Short Wait Window
  • Spectrum Enterprise
  • Bundling Options
  • No Hidden Fees

No Data Caps

Spectrum internet doesn't limit its customers with data caps. A lot of competitors have data limits, and when customers go over these limits they pay fees or their services are disrupted. It's a convenience worth looking into, and this feature alone may be what steers you to Spectrum.

Short Wait Window

The Spectrum internet team knows losing internet service can mean losing time and money. At some point, you'll probably need a technician to come to your home or business to work on network equipment.

Many companies who send out technicians leave the time window wide open and make the customer wait for hours for the technician. Thankfully, Spectrum is different. They set a two hour window that the technician will be there. If the technician does not make the allotted time, Spectrum will pay the customer $20.

They also have a 30-day money-back guarantee their customers can take advantage of if they are not satisfied with their service or the products they receive.

Spectrum Enterprise

Spectrum offers fiber-optic business internet for companies who want a fast connection for phone, internet, and TV service. Spectrum Enterprise also delivers cloud services for their business customers.

Bundling Options

While Spectrum may not have a variety of standalone internet packages, they do have several options that can help you bundle internet, phone service, and cable channels:

• Spectrum Double Play — $89.98 per month, 125+ channels and 100 Mbps
    • Silver — $109.98 per month, 175+ channels and 100 Mbps
    • Gold — $129.98 per month, 200+ channels and 100 Mbps
  • Spectrum Internet & Phone — $64.98 per month, unlimited calling and 100 Mbps
  • Spectrum Triple Play Select — $99.97 per month, 125+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps
    • Triple Play Silver — $119.97 per month, 175+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps
    • Triple Play Gold — $139.97 per month, 200+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps

No Hidden Fees

While Spectrum does charge a fee to lease a router and another fee for installation, the company is more transparent than some service providers in the industry. Be sure to read contract terms thoroughly and take time to understand billing, your monthly rate, and whether you'll pay more after a certain duration of service.

The Bad

• Limited Internet-Only Packages Available
  • Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Limited Internet-Only Packages Available

Most internet service providers try to meet various audience needs by offering many different plans and bundles. These packages usually have a large selection of internet speeds (download and upload speeds), features, and prices to choose from. With all of these options, you're more likely to find the best fit for your specific internet and pricing needs. This is not the case with Spectrum internet, as they only offer their customers one package:

• Spectrum Internet: 60 Mbps for $44.99 per month

If you're only looking for internet and this package doesn't impress you, you'll need to choose another ISP.

However, you may be interested in Spectrum's internet and cable TV bundling options.

Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Spectrum offers an internet speed of 60 Mbps. Some competitors offer high-speed internet up to 1 Gbps for slightly higher prices. Potential customers will have to decide what speed they need and if Spectrum internet service is capable of delivering these needs.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Spectrum Internet is a good choice for those customers who are looking for relatively quick speeds in their internet network. The package it offers would work best for those customers who know exactly what they are looking for and do not need a lot of variety.

View Best Internet Service Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Spectrum below.

3.4

Courtney Martin Tullahoma, TN

Spectrum is one of the only internet services that actually works in my area. I’ve used their internet services in my home for over a year and I have not had any issues with my service, which is amazing considering the part of town that I live in, poor weather conditions, etc.

Charles Hughes Southport, NC

We have two different locations being serviced by Spectrum. The technicians are always great and very helpful. Customer support takes too long to get a live person to answer and the automated systems doesn't help. Internet service is slow and needs improvement!

Yooper Colorado Colorado Springs, CO

I have no issues with this internet provider, they are the primary supplier of internet in a small lake town in the back woods of Michigan. The connection is fast and consistent (unlike how spotty Comcast is in my major city) and the cost is fair.

Billi Lynn Holt Rochester, NY

I now have a business account and previously a residential account. I find the business account very exciting and actually fun! The residential account seems to have had more issues, but Spectrum is always available to help out.

Bess Wilfong St Louis, MO

Spectrum has been my internet provider for years. They are easy to contact, unlike other providers, and they are interested in keeping their customers satisfied. I disliked that I was charged for a router that I returned via the UPS Store.

Janet Wood Birmingham, AL

I having been a customer of Spectrum now for 5 years. I can only recall on 1 hand the number of times my internet has been out. When I call to report the issue. They already have the techs out working on the problem already.

Vicki Dawson Spartanburg, SC

I called to cancel my cable n they said since I had been a long time customer they couldn’t let me do that n what would make me change my mind.I proceeded to tell them I just couldn’t affor something n I felt like I could live w/o cable.So they asked was I disabled n I am so they offered my me free high speed internet 2 phones n lines at $5 each n cheap cable.I got all that for Hal of what my bill originally was n I’m tickled to death bc I gained phones for my kids n kept my internet n cable.Thank you Spectrum for helping out someone that needed help.Now only if Duke Energy would offer help for disabled.It sure is cold in my house n propane is hard to come by n gets expensive if I can even get someone to take me or pick it up for me.Thanks Spectrum you made my year!!

Yvonne Mosley Fayetteville, NC

Reliable Cable and Internet Service Provider. Friendly staff, technicians are knowledgeable. I forgot to return my equipment when I moved away from the area and my account was turned over to collections agency. I had no past due bill (paid on time or early). Spectrum could have provided support for returning the equipment or offered to include in payment package from the beginning of service. I was a customer for 10 years. Surely they were never going to reuse that old tech. But I guess collections is a stream of income for them.

Austin Sisneros Idaho Falls, ID

Not worth the money. If you can get approved for t-mobile internet, do it! So much easier. No installation! I purchased internet from them in Idaho falls, and it cost me almost 100 a month for a certain amount of capped gigabits. I went over a couple times on data and it was pricey to pay for more. I will say the staff were very nice and they always fixed my issues quickly while troubleshooting.

Mike Rice Sylacauga, AL

They handle the internet pretty well. Our service rarely goes down but their email system on the web is horrible. Its hard to find old emails. Its slow to load and is about 10 years out of date. They have spent no money on their internet email system at all. It needs to be totally rewritten and rebuilt by someone who knows how a web site should actually run and look.

G. W. Columbia, SC

I like the quick request for service response time. I can actually get a technician within one day of my request and they do immediate technical support issues over the phone. They give me details while on the phone on what issues may need further inspections by a home visit from their technicians.

Daisy's Mom West Bend, WI

We've used Spectrum for years and years and are less enthused each passing year. It seems they offer less, but continue to charge more. Seriously, cell service? No thanks Spectrum. Always going to their "new" channel first? No thanks on that too. For real, the same cables that are in the ground now, and have been there for decades, why do the fees go up and up and up? Supposedly faster service? No, I don't think so. But, once in a while you encounter a fabulous customer service person who actually finds savings for a year or two. Oh, and they're the only internet provider in our area. So yeah, captive audience unfortunately.

Lilia Moreno Valley, CA

I have Spectrum internet, but I think they can do better with their loyalty customers...e.g. discounts...

Sherry M Lenoir, NC

Spectrum has great speed quality and mostly reliable, but the cost... you can tell they have a corner on the market.

JimS. Cathedral City, CA

One thing is a given. Everyone, everywhere complains about their cable TV and internet providers. Even when it’s good. Spectrum is actually the best ISP I’ve ever had. Of course, everything is locality-dependent. I live near Palm Springs and other than severe heat, which usually doesn’t negatively impact internet service, we don’t often get extreme weather-- especially rain. In the 3 yrs I’ve had internet with Spectrum, my internet has probably gone down twice or maybe 3 times, for less than a few hours, total. If even that. I like them. And when you leverage your existing Spectrum internet with Spectrum Wireless, you get extremely well-priced cellphone service that uses the Verizon network— which is the best cell network in this part of the California desert. My advice is to not listen to everyone who constantly complains about their Internet service. Sometimes it’s just a lot of talk. Spectrum is actually quite good.

Miguel Suarez Los Angeles, CA

The internet speed is not as advertised the app tv live has lots of Freezing time. However on regular tv the signal with Apple TV is great . It has nice colors and a good sound.

Heather Novus Palm Bay, FL

We use spectrum for Internet service and have had only a few issues with connectivity. They are usually pretty fast about getting repairs done. Price is average and competitive with most companies

Cryan Lincoln, ME

Not safe nor decent internet service. Speeds are never close to what we are told we'd get. Lots of connectivity issues, prices could be less to help consumers during these trying times. Their advertising says safe secure reliable internet with great speeds, non if which is actually true. I believe that's called FAKE ADVERTISEMENT. Is that legal?

Leah Bowen The Bronx, NY

Great internet feels like a rip off when you start having to pay! And why do we have to pay 20$ for 1st 6 months and 120$ for same services afterwards?! You’d think after being a consistent customer for 6 months it would go down like Maine a bit backwards!

Brand Richardson Haun Houston, TX

Spectrum never did get my phone coverage and my home services out onto one bill but they have to have the longest time frame imaginable before they cut services for non payment. . That's always a plus

Daniel Marvin Wilkerson San Antonio, TX

I've had Spectrum internet for three years. Most of that time I've had satisfactory service. My work requires a high-speed, dependable connection for conducting webinars. There have been brief outages, but fortunately never while doing a webinar.

Frank D Cohen

Great value finally after they lowered their rates. Suggestion: stop wasting money, time, paper, plastic, etc. on snail mail. We get it. You're available. Mobile app is very weak.

Ashley Stoker Plano, TX

Overall good experience with Spectrum. It was very easy to set up, customer service has rarely been needed but always helpful when they are. My only complaint woukd be that the WiFi connection lags a bit on occasion, but usually it's during peak periods when lots of devices are connected.

Jazzy Belle Cypress, TX

Spectrum is an awesome internet, tv and mobile service provider. No contracts and very affordable. I hope they never change. In my opinion, they offer so much more than the competitors.

Mom D Orlando, FL

They have the best Internet & Cable service out there. I've tried others. Won't mention any names, but Spectrum has the best deals and they are quick to respond. The tech support are very knowledgeable & patient.

A 1 Mesquite, TX

I had Spectrum in the past and I've considered going back to them. Although they offer 'no contract' options, their prices aren't much different from AT&T U-verse. This is the reason that I'm still with AT&T. I will say that Spectrum service is reliable although finding a branch location to retrieve and return equipment isn't very convenient. I had to travel to very undesirable neighborhood during the time that I was a customer. Frankly, that was one of the reasons I decided to do away with their service. Undesirable services tends to come with undesirable neighborhoods. When calling them on yesterday to consider getting their internet only, the representative I spoke with repeatedly gave me bundled service prices against my request. He asked me if I was interested in signing up and I told him no because he ignored my question just so that he could pitch a higher sale. He then told me that he was doing his job and I told him that his job was to listen to the customer FIRST... I assumed that was part of the job. I wish someone could listen to the call. I'm sure Spectrum did not train him in that manner. If you're not interested in a contract, this may be a good option.

RAyneisha Apopka, FL

The best internet provider. Aspect communication and advice on the best internet provider for customer support. The best business they can provide for u and the family are doing well too work for me and u. Internet provider for customer advice on what time you want to go with.

Tammy Bright Lexington, KY

Spectrum offers many different packages for customers to choose from. It seems they give the cheaper rates to new customers. I think customers with 5, 10, 15 year accounts show be offered cheaper accounts as an incentive for being loyal. Great selection of movie channels, sports and News channels.

Vy Ha Birmingham, AL

My mother and I have struggled with our internet services for many years due to the age of the router we have. It wasn’t until we replaced it with spectrum that our internet became faster. Spectrum was on call with my mother and I for a very long time so it required patience in their part as they were helping us. We are satisifed

suzanna Brooklyn, NY

I got a totally love spectrum. They offered help during covid 19 federally funded I was able to get unlimited internet service for $4.49 per month it was best gift during hard times especially with those with children. Excellent internet service can definitely count on spectrum.

Kaylee Gay Chicago, IL

I love that Spectrum reaches such rural places with their streaming network. My family lives out on a farm and Spectrum was one of the few options that we could choose from. And although it was one of our only options, Spectrum has so many options for channels. I love that I can watch my Christmas movies or favorite TV shows all on the same service. I also love to watch college football and I love that I can jump back and forth between games when I am waiting for it to start. And Spectrum is very affordable for how far they stream too.

Maxwell Williams Victorville, CA

My wife and I have Spectrum as a internet service in our home. We use it for our television and for our laptops. Our cell phones instantly connect to the internet when we walk into our homes, which cut cost on our cell phone bill. Spectrum has been a reliable service to my family for years now. The bill is very affordable. Our internet has always been constant. The customer service has always been professional when ever we called and had problems. We have a two story home and Spectrum covers both upstairs and downstairs. Thank you Spectrum.

Dale Berridge Albuquerque, NM

I have honestly not had a better ISP than Spectrum. We used Spectrum, formerly Time Warner, for almost 15 years for cable, internet and phone services and never once had a complaint about service. Speed, consistently and always reliable. If it were available in our new home area I would definitely still be a customer. If I had to list a con it would be getting ahold of an actual human when contacting customer support but it was a rare occasion that we had to anyways.

pamela Bloem New Concord, KY

JUST WHAT I THOUGHT, I DIDN'T GET A FULL REFUND, I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET $206.17 ONLY RECEIVED $69,62!!!! THEY ALL WERE LIKE NEW, AND ONE PHONE WAS NEW, I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE ONLY 2 PHONES AND THEY SENT 3!!!!!!!! I FULFILLED MY PART, but SPECTRUM DIDN'T, BUT I AM THE ONE GETTING RIPPED OFF!!!!!! SPECTRUM IS SCAMMERS AND LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! User's recommendation: Spectrum is a thief.

Joe Balnites Canton, OH

When we moved they added fees. They weren't telling the truth with the football they weren't as fast getting to us ( left with out cable for a few days) don't like crediting there customers.

Angela Morgan Dallas, TX

I had never had internet but I've been with this company for 3 years now and it is very affordable and love the customer service people

Christy Rouch MO

Currently pay for services for my mother. Service is often interrupted for long periods of time. At no time is a discount applied. 2-3 days without service with no weather to blame is unacceptable

Clara L El Paso, TX

I like Spectrum because they have good deals, they're affordable, and NO contract. The only thing I don't like about Spectrum is they don't have deals for their existing customers. They come up with all kinds of deals to attract new customers but they don't have deals to keep their existing and loyal customers.

taushieya baker Newark, NY

Spectrum had this no pay bill program it worked out for ppl how already had a bill. They give you a second chance to start over. We all get in a bind, they care.

Melissa Samoraj Miami, FL

Installation day arrived and their window of arrival came and went without a phone call. When I contacted them they told me they were still 3-4 hours out. I missed a whole day's work because of it. When I told them just to cancel it they weren't happy, but did as asked. Approximately a month later I received a bill for my first months service! We had also opted to go with their mobile service as well which I cancelled the same day. I spent the next 6 months fighting with them, sending said cell phones back and forth with them continuously trying to bill me for a service I didn't have and the new phones I kept trying to send back. Customer service was a joke. The so called managers couldn't/wouldn't help anymore than the regular phone reps. I will NEVER recommend this company.

Kennie Wayne Bean Reidsville, NC

Spectrum has been a good service but I feel that their prices are too high. I also don't like the fact that I have to have a cable box when I get the service through Roku. They stated that the plan I have requires me to have a least one box.so I have to pay $10.00 a month for a box that is sitting in a closet because I don't need it.

Christy Allman Lancaster, OH

Rare to have service interruptions. Very friendly customer service from service staff and phone representatives. Expensive cable TV. Don’t be late with a payment they are quick to add late fee even when slow mail caused the payment to be late. Internet speed is awesome.

corrinna oandasan Kailua-Kona, HI

what i like best about spectrum is that have great customer service representatives when ever i need to call they are always very helpful and insightful what i like the least is that they do not offer more programs for lower rate or free internet for low income senior citizens.

Julie Parker Greenfield, OH

Compared to past providers I've used service is a plus, but recently, I have to say, service has been not only disappointing but aggravating as well. Issues like constant interruption of service due to the same technical issue , every so often increase in cost ,just Wi-Fi is $80 month. On the upside response time for sending maintenance techs are fairly quick . As a long-term client I don't feel appreciated for my continued business.

SoCalGal Glendale, CA

Great internet speeds and rarely an issue with outages.

Aubrey Dallas, TX

I really like using spectrum, I was skeptical about them at first—since there are like a million companies to choose from lol. But, they actually ended up being a really good service for a good price. I haven't had any issues yet, definitely recommend.

DogLover17 Macomb, MI

For the most part, I am happy with Spectrum; however, in December my Roku devices wouldn’t work and I restarted several times, etc. The issue was due to interruptions with Spectrum in my area but I did not know any of this until I called my son-in-law who lives out of the area. He looked it up online. There was a service interruption and I would have at least appreciated Spectrum leaving an automated message or something on my phone to reduce my frustration.

JJ Jenkins Phoenix, AZ

We used spectrum for our internet service. The connection was strong and we were able to stream movies and shows, use Zoom and FaceTime, and use all of the other internet related programs with our home internet through Spectrum. They offer savings when you first sign up and a special cheaper rate for your first year .

Andrea Thomas Richland, WA

We have had great service with Spectrum for internet. Our up speed has been the quality we pay for. Any issues we’ve had were quickly reconciled. The customer service reps have been great too!! Would recommend Spectrum for many of their services, especially internet.

Chrissi Parrish Dallas, TX

It's cheap haven't really had any issue with them....expect they need to let people know late at night they going to do work where you won't have internet. This has happened several times. Also, people need to learn how to answer phone there not be so rude when you ask so many questions I know you want us off the phone but we are paying you to do your job. Great company to use.