CenturyLink Logo

CenturyLink

7.2

While the company started as a small family business in the 1930s, CenturyLink has eventually become a household name in the ISP industry.

CenturyLink has a history of acquiring other companies to increase its nationwide reach. These expansion efforts led CenturyLink to become the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. It serves all 50 states with its extensive fiber-optic internet networks and DSL service.

CenturyLink offers Price for Life plans that don't have a contract and boast download speeds as high as 1 Gbps (1,000 Mbps). Customers can choose plans that have a data cap of 300 GB or plans with unlimited data.

Recently, CenturyLink has expanded even further to offer entertainment like Century Prism and DirecTV service. If you're interested in purchasing phone or TV service in addition to internet, you can bundle services to save money.

CenturyLink strives for great customer service to help each of its customers have a unique, positive experience.

View Customer CenturyLink Reviews

The Good

• Fast Speed Available
  • Contract-Free Price for Life Plans
  • No Overage Charges
  • 24/7 Technical Support

Fast Speed Available

CenturyLink offers a wide range of internet speeds for its customers. These speeds are specific to an exact location and vary depending on the area, but they are typically among the higher speeds in the industry. In some areas, customers can have a download speed of up to 1 Gbps (1,000 Mbps) in major cities with fiber-optic availability. This top possible speed is one of the fastest internet speeds available on the market, especially compared to the available speeds from other broadband providers.

Upload speeds range between 256 kbps and 5 Mbps. If you need a high-speed internet connection, check with CenturyLink customer service to see what is available in your zip code.

Contract-Free Price for Life Plans

Like most ISPs, CenturyLink offers packages based on speed. You can determine what works for you based on the devices you'll use and the number of people in your household.

If you sign up for internet service online, CenturyLink offers four plans that don't require a contract in most states. The rates for these plans won't rise if you keep the plan without making any changes (like an address change):

• 20 Mbps — $45 per month
  • 40–80 Mbps — $55 per month
  • 100–140 Mbps — $65 per month
  • Fiber Internet 1 Gbps (1,000 Mbps) — $65 per month

You probably won’t need a contract, because CenturyLink can typically offer its packages on a month-to-month basis. You don't need to worry about pricing increases, an early termination fee, or rate changes.

CenturyLink provides reliable internet for a home Wi-Fi network. The company also offers good internet security and backup services with its internet packages through Norton by Symantec.

Making payments each month for internet is easy to do through an online CenturyLink user account.

No Overage Charges

You may have to watch out for CenturyLink's data caps; it's something that a few CenturyLink customers complain about.

CenturyLink sets limits for how much of the internet its customers can use in any given month, which is 1 TB. This is a generous amount of data, so most customers won't surpass it. Internet service providers do this to try to control the available speeds for all of their customers and make sure the system functions properly, but it can be a drawback if you use up a lot of data.

CenturyLink customers who exceed their data limits will not be required to pay an overage charge. If you eat up too much data, you'll receive a notice. CenturyLink might slow your service down.

24/7 Technical Support

The company offers 24/7 technical support, which is very convenient. If a customer is not satisfied with the services they receive from CenturyLink, they are protected with a thirty-day, money-back guarantee.

Be aware that some customers complain of poor customer support. Reviewers note that phone communication with CenturyLink takes a long time, and technician visits are sometimes missed and rescheduled. This is a frequent complaint in the ISP industry. Test out your commununication with a customer service rep through your preferred method of contact to get an idea of the average wait time and quality of response.

The Bad

• Variable Speed Availability
  • Variable Price for Life Availability
  • Additional Fees
  • Customer Complaints

Variable Speed Availability

Not all of CenturyLink’s plan options and speeds may be available in your area. Fiber is typically available in select urban locations.

It is easy to view plans that are available in your area on CenturyLink’s website. Rural areas are more likely to have access to DSL service and slower speeds.

Variable Price for Life Availability

The CenturyLink Price for Life guarantee isn't available in all 50 states. Check to see if CenturyLink allows a package with a Price for Life guarantee in your area.

Additional Fees

CenturyLink charges additional fees for the following:

• Modem rental — $10 per month or ~$150 one-time purchase
  • Installation — $125

The modem one-time purchase cost varies but is no higher than $150. Be sure to ask what the cost would be to you if you purchased it one-time versus paying an extra $10 monthly rental fee.

Some areas may have an option for self-installation, which is free.

If your plan with CenturyLink is based on a contract agreement, then you may be subject to an early termination fee if you end the contract early.

Customer Complaints

Customers complain about a variety of issues with CenturyLink, including poor customer service, connection issues, and connection speeds lower than their advertised plans. Be aware that most internet providers have similar complaints.

The Bottom Line

In recent years, CenturyLink has become one of the biggest broadband ISPs in the country. Its broadband internet service is available in all 50 states. But be warned: each specific address has different high-speed availability.

One perk of CenturyLink is that the service is month-to-month without a contract. This gives customers more flexibility.

Before signing up for CenturyLink, be sure to pay attention to additional fees — setup and equipment — and the offerings available in your area. As with any internet service provider, read the terms and conditions before signing up for service.

Overall, CenturyLink provides quality service with affordable prices. Potential customers should consider CenturyLink when choosing an internet provider.

Call our recommended rep over at CenturyLink below.

2.6

S Dunn Ponder, TX

The absolute WORST internet provider I've ever had. In just a little over 2yrs, we've had internet outages for a day to days around 20 times. We've had to have service technicians out to our home roughly 8 times out of those. The service will be restored and will go about a month or 3 and then boom.....another outage. This company is a complete joke. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for your service. I promise i'm saving you headaches .

11 hours ago

Katie Portland, OR

Worst customer service EVER!!!!! they said i missed a payment but I have my receipt. (still to this day) when you ask to speak to a supervisor they hang up on you, give you numbers that are disconnected, or tell you that a supervisor is just not available and they will call you back (which they dont). Even with my receipt they are still trying to charge me late fees!!!!LOL I have spoke to 4 supervisors and they all said they would correct my account but none have. Hands down the worst customer service ever. Asking to speak to a supervisor is like pulling out teeth. oh yeah and one supervisor credited my account 20.00 and then they took it back . I signed up for xfinity 400 mps for 60.00 a month plus most importantly good customer service

AK Denver, CO

I have had Centurylink for Small Business for 2 years now. The service has been acceptable and the pricing reasonable. My one and only complaint is that when I signed up for service I was given discount pricing to sign up for 3 years of service. This was in April of 2019. At that time we had no COVID, or pandemic, or financial loss. Having a mandatory shut down of my business within 3 months of opening was catastrophic, and I have not been able to recover from that. As a result of the pandemic I must now permanently close my doors at the end of April 2021. The penalty for shutting off my Centurylink service early will be around $350. I am closing my business due to financial hardship...it will be difficult to come up with this payment. When I asked the service rep if Centurylink could waive or reduce this penalty (after all COVID was not my fault), she said, "No, we cannot do that, as Centurylink does not have any program or assistance available for this." So I will be forced to pay a huge penalty for something that I have no control over. The rep then tried to talk me into switching my home service to Centurylink. If this is the way that Centurylink treats their fellow business owners, then I have absolutely no interest in becoming a residential customer! Shame on you Centurylink.

Charles Cunningham Aurora, CO

After billing me for one year at an account that was told to be terminated Centurylink owes me $480. I was told that the amount was approved and a check would be sent in the mail. After calling to find out the check status after not receiving it, I went through a gantlet of calls to arrive at a supervisor that said that I will not get the money. I have recordings of all conversations. I would not recommend CenturyLink to anyone. There is a reason why they have faced class-action lawsuits. I just filed a FCC complaint.

Edward Garcia Newton, NJ

Good price; awful customer support. The latter does not sound like a big but service does become spotty and which point you'll need tp speak to customer support person which feels like a visit to the dentist

Jody Summers Denver, CO

Just started new Centruy Link service in the Denver Metro area they offer a max of 15 Mbps - What a Joke!? Century link continues to disappoint in providing quality internet to people that depend on them. We are not given other options and CenturyLink knows it so they deprioritize upgrades. Pathetic greedy business practices.

Fred Frontino Mesa, AZ

I have my internet through CenturyLink and I am pretty disappointed in it. In my area there is not high speed available so I am stuck with it running very slow over old phone lines. There is nothing better available out here so I live with it.

D L Seattle, WA

When I scheduled the first appointment to setup Internet service, the technician didn't show-up as we experienced a huge snow storm. The night before the second appointment, CenturyLink web site stated that the technician will show up during the afternoon of the scheduled appointment day. On the day of, the technician actually showed-up in the morning and I missed him. If I wasn't mislead by the web site, I would make sure to be available on site in the morning. For the third appointment, the technician didn't have enough cable to install the service. For the fourth appointment, the technician said that the city's road work prevented him to install the fiber line. By the fifth appointment, 3 technicians showed-up to install the service and was able to complete the initial install. At this point, I had to endure 2 weeks without Internet service between the third and fifth appointment. Within 48 hours after the initial setup, the service was disconnected by another technician installing Internet service for a neighbor without informing me. At that time, I tried to get on CenturyLink's web chat customer service. The service agent had to transfer me 4 times before gave up and scheduled a technician to troubleshoot the issue. I had to wait for 2 days without Internet service for the technician to show up to restore the service. This technician took out the modem in my room as it was no longer necessary and he rewired the connection from the neighbor's modem. As a result of removing the modem in the room, he left 3 holes on my room's wall, which was created by the 3 technicians during the fifth appointment. If the installation was done correctly the first time, then it would be unnecessary to drill the 3 holes. The technician on the sixth appointment didn't fix the holes. I am disappointed that technicians representing CenturyLink were: * under-prepared, not having enough supply for a job, * didn't install the service the right way during the first time, * disconnect internet service without informing the customer, * leave customer a damaged wall with several holes after removed an equipment. I am also disappointed that * CenturyLink's web site would provide incorrect appointment status information. * CenturyLink did not provide customer service over the phone during the weekend. * CenturyLink's web chat customer service agents were not helpful and transfer me 4 times increased my frustration. * CenturyLink would leave a customer without Internet service for several weeks. Such a horrible customer experience made CenturyLink highly NOT recommended.

alvin bautista Clayton, NC

Century link customer service is the worst! I was having issues with my wifi for the past couple of months, so I decided to change my router because I thought that was the issue. After a couple of weeks, my wifi connection was still slow, my speed is supposed to be 100MBS, but I'm only getting 1-5 MBS on my phones and other house devices. I called their customer service to try to fix the issue, I spend almost three hours the first time I called, but nobody can give me a solution to my issue. I requested a technician to be sent to my house to check my modem for any problems, but they said they could not do that because they do not see any issues in the hard lines on their side. Because of the hustle of changing internet providers, I decided to work with them to resolve the issue. The technician created another wifi connection so that we can split the devices to help increase the speed. I waited for 24 hours to see if the internet speed will improve, but nothing changed. I called century link again, but instead of the technician helping me out, he just told me that they cannot still send a technician. We were going into a circle for a good 30 mins. I'm in the process of changing my provider now. If you are deciding if you want to get a century link as your provider, think again because they have the worst customer service that I have seen. Their agents are super unprofessional and unreliable. I would never in my life get century link again.

Ryan Pleasant Grove, UT

Century Link was a life saver. In a world full of over over priced internet providers (I am taking about you Comcast!), Century Link provided cheap internet that fit all my needs. All I wanted was internet fast enough for streaming services like YouTube and Netflix at an affordable price. Century Link delivered. I pay less than $30 a month and have no problems streaming shows. The downside to Century Link is that you need a DSL Connection (phone line) in your house. You do not need to pay a phone bill but you do need the connection in your house. Thankfully the apartment my wife and I are in has one. I know friends of mine who pay $50-$70 for the same internet speed I get with Century Link. And I do not need to buy some stupid tv package. Why would I pay for cable tv when there is Netflix. You can't go wrong with Century Link!

DaretoExpose Las Vegas, NV

Just as bad a Cox Communication. They are cyber criminals who have gotten away with illegally accessing their customers routers without permission or authorization. Do not trust any internet services in Las Vegas, Nv, it is a hack haven for cyber criminals who are suppose to provide a service not criminal activity.

Brian Scott Las Vegas, NV

CenturyLink is the absolute worst, and they took advantage of an 86-year-old lady who has trouble seeing. I paid $99 to have WiFi installed in my friend's home, and the technician went there...but couldn't get the box to work. He told her he'd be back the next day. Instead, he called, and said he got it to work via phone. It didn't work at all. When she called him back, he said he had food poisoning. She tried to all him back 3 days later, and all of her calls went straight to voicemail. I called the Customer Care number today, and a robotic woman told me that she needed the serial number of the router box to continue. I informed her for the second time that the box was not in my home, and the lady couldn't read the serial number. I suggested they send a technician out to get it working...and she told me that I'd have to pay another $95! I requested a supervisor, telling her I found this unacceptable. I was put on hold for over half an hour...and then she came back on to say that no supervisors were available, and that one would call me. Seven hours later, after no call, I tried the online chat. I had to be transferred to Tech Service, who eventually said they would send someone out...but that I'd have to pay $95!!!! She also told me that "her notes" said that "someone" attempted to call me but "received a "busy tone." Ridiculous. I was not on the phone all day...and I have call waiting. CenturyLink is reprehensible, greedy, and callous. I will be cancelling my account, and I fully expect that I'll have to eat the initial $99 I paid for installation. Well done, CenturyLink. You made $99 off of a teacher, and took advantage of an 86-year-old lady with macular degeneration.

Mike Issaquah, WA

The actual internet product is fine. Not great, not bad-fine. Customer service could use an overhaul though. My internet went out. I called and the automated service line noted an outage in my area. Working from home I wanted more information so I tried their customer service line 5 times. The automated system held me hostage and would not put me through to a customer service rep even after I jumped through all the hoops. Very frustrating. So I called their corporate office in Monroe, LA. The operator put me through to the customer service. I thought, great, now I will get the help I am looking for. I was waiting 51 minutes before getting frustrated and discouraged. I ended that call of waiting. Finally, I used someone else’s computer to go online and chat with a rep. I was passed to 3 people. The last rep simply provided the same info I was able to retrieve on the auto system phone line. Total time involved? 95 minutes. It was one of the most, if not THE most frustrating customer service experiences I have ever had. I would say they have a very involved customer service platform, but not an efficient or effective customer service platform. I hope they at least follow through and give me credit for the days missed with no internet service. Very sad and frustrating. Just because someone is friendly does not mean they are helpful or effective. And the widespread reliance on automated systems in general has, in my opinion, reduced the level of customer service for many companies. High tech does not automatically equal good customer service

Los Aurora, CO

Since having their services i haven't had any internet issues. I joined when they had the promotion of pay once simple price. My service fee is fixed and its what i like about this company. So many people have bad experiences with this company. You pay for get. People want flawless internet connections and speed for 20.00. Like I said, you pay for what you get.

R. Coon

We have used both Century Link and Comcast for several years each, sometimes at the same time. We use internet service for our voip phone (various voip providers - Ooma at this time - but Voipo was really good too). Both had a tendancy to offer a low (reasonable) price (<$50) to get you in, then later start slipping in fees and charges or just raising rates. I would just wait for a good offer from the competitor and switch companies to keep the price down. I requested the cheapest / slowest plan CenturyLink offered and it seems to meet our needs most of the time. Occassionally I notice slowing during high usage time (like 4-7 right after people get off work), but rarely does it cause problems. When things are working as they should we can watch Netflix without a problem. I just tested internet speed on several test sites around 3:30pm and our download speed is around 7.5mbps and upload is 0.7mbps. We have had issues with latency a few times that showed up in our voip phone not working even though internet worked ok. Since we use different providers for internet and voip service there is a tendancy for one to point fingers at the other. Voipo was really great about testing our connetion and giving me hard data to give to our internet service providers to "help" them identify the problem on their end. Ultimately CenturyLink repalced the line to our house and did some line switching up on the pole which solved our problem. CenturyLink finally offered to lock our price in for life with a "loyal customer" discount. so we are $10/mo lower than normal cost on their most basic service. Although CenturyLink has stepped up when needed, it did take Voipo to tell them they had the problem. My mother-in-law also has CenturyLink and has had practically zero internet usability for months. She calls occassionally to complain but isn't persistant enough. That looks bad on them because her son tells her its because CenturyLink is no good and they need to switch to Comcast. I think CenturyLink and Comcast are similar in customer service, either one you must be persistant and patient to fix problems. CenturyLink is currently the winner for me because they offered to lock in my price. Frankly I can't justify more than $450/yr for internet service - I consider internet service a luxury item and could live without the voip phone since we have cellphones. I have better things to do with my money. I give a guarded thumbs-up to CenturyLink for (eventually) rewarding customer loyalty.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

CenturyLink offers fast speeds at ridiculously low prices. What's more is you can lock it in for longer spans of time so your billing is stable, They are courteous and their technical help staff are amazing. While a complex problem can arise, they are well trained to fix issues and get you back on your way with minimal disruption. Can't ask for better.

Roger Dee Creswell, OR

I beg to differ with Vartan gregarian . If you think CenturyLink is the worst try HughsNet. After that you will LOVE, Love, Love CenturyLink. I Just switched over and though I cannot get highspeed in my area it is the first rural provider that has offered consistent speed at a decent price. I have to admit that I have not had it long so maybe haven't had the experience to know better but after HughsNet I have to give CenturyLink a 5

Ian Johnson Rio Rancho, NM

I LOVE that they offer 1G internet in my area and it is the same price as other competitors standard speeds (100-150Mbps). I am able to get much better internet for the same price? That's an easy choice. The only thing I don't really care for is that the service isn't always reliable. Overall, I have no issues connecting to the internet and getting decent download and upload speeds, but, more often than not, I am only pulling a fraction of what I should be. For example, on a normal day, I pull around 300Mbps Download. It's not bad, but it's definitely not nearly as good as it should be. I would still highly recommend them, though. No other provider can beat them in my area.

Dan Czarnecki Saint Paul, MN

In the particular location of my apartment I've lived in for half a year now, we have only 2 choices for ISPs: CenturyLink and Comcast/Xfinity. Before I got into my apartment, I briefly stayed with some friends at their place, which had CenturyLink Internet and Prism TV. Overall, I was very pleased with both of those services, so I thought why not go with them for my Internet (plus, I already had a phone jack in a convenient place in my apartment so that made the choice of going with them even better). Didn't need Prism or traditional cable TV since I don't watch too much live TV other than sports. So because of that, I have PlayStation Vue for my TV service, and I pay only $35/month for that. For the time I've had my service with CenturyLink, it has been problem free for me. The speeds I have are the fastest ones I can get in my area, that being 40 Mbps down/5 Mbps up. Wish the upload speed could be faster, but at least it's faster upload speeds than with the 20, 12, and 7 down services (all of which are a pathetic 896 Kbps up). For uploading photos it's plenty fast, but when uploading longer videos, the slower speed is definitely evident. Nothing too unbearable though. If anything, it's nice knowing that I have fairly decent speeds without the worry of having to deal with slower speeds during peak hours that users of cable Internet have to deal with. That right there is one of the many reasons I'm happy I went with CenturyLink over Xfinity as I'm sure a good majority of the tenants in my building have Xfinity for their Internet as opposed to CenturyLink. My speeds are very sufficient for my usual YouTube and Netflix streaming, and it works great with my PlayStation Vue TV service as well. As you will see in my attached image, my speeds are actually a little faster than advertised, clocking in at 45.12 Mbps for the download and 5.12 Mbps for the upload. Speed tests that I run every now and then on speedtest.net and other sites clock in a little below what my modem configuration page shows because I of course use WiFi (with an AirPort Extreme), but they're still very respectable at 42+ Mbps down and just below 5 Mbps up with anywhere from 18-20ms in terms of my ping. In the grand scheme of things, CenturyLink is great, but only if you can get their 40 down/5 up service or their gigabit fiber service if available in your area. Unfortunately, in my parts it's only available in Minneapolis and its surrounding suburbs at this time, and plans for it to extend east over to St. Paul is currently unknown. Not a huge deal though, since I am very happy with my service I'm getting.

Red Las Cruces, NM

I got kicked out of my house (long story) and had no choice, but to cancel and their still charging me for a month I didn't use! I wasn't even there to use the service! $75.00 for nothing. Might as well just start handing out money to companies who already make tons. DO NOT GO WITH THEM. They just see you as a walking dollar sign.

Alex England Des Moines, IA

Was disconnected in the middle of support session trying get my fiber line buried that they left in my front yard. The best answer they could give is a 5 month window to bury the line with no idea when it will happen. Been on hold with phone support for over 45 min.

Avalon1 Morrilton, AR

CenturyLink has the worst customer service of any company that I've ever dealt with. The customer service reps are poorly trained and speak very little to no English and have trouble understanding questions. For a telecom company I'm astonished about how bad their customer service is, they're useless. I'm trying to get a new line run to my new house for home phone landline service and I've been on the phone with them 3 times and transferred to countless reps and none of them could understand and solve my issue. Then I found the link on their website to contact upper management and I contacted them and all they said was that they'd escalate the case to the supervisor and I never got a response back, then I contacted them again 2 more times inquiring about a follow up and I never got a response back. I implore you not to do any business with CenturyLink, their customer service is absurd.

Tyler B Denver, CO

Do not go with Century Link. I scheduled a tech appointment at the end of November for a mid-December appointment date. I told them to please call me at my cell number when they were close, if possible. I work from home and sat by the window all day and once the tail end of their service time period (9am-5pm) rolled around, I gave them a call to see if the tech was still coming. They told me the tech came at 1:30pm. I saw no one out my window, I heard no doorbell, and I received no calls on my cell phone. I asked what number they called and they said they called my dad's number...how does that happen when I explicitly changed the primary phone number on the account to my own and asked them to call that number for anything regarding the account, especially on the appointment date? Because of this, I need to reschedule my appointment and the earliest appointment they can give me is a month out in mid-January. I will 100% be looking for a different internet provider that has better customer service than this. On a different issue, it'll take you multiple calls until you are able to get Century Link to give you the price they advertise. They try to make you feel good by saying you get a loyalty discount, however that discount amounts to the same exact price a new customer gets. Don't let them fool you with all of their additional "required" costs. They're just trying to maximize profit off of you.

Svitlana Brinkmeier Rogers, MN

We have been CenturyLinkcustomers for over 3 years. We had to fix(upgrade) our modem once since our internet was very slow. We bought the modem from Century link, now we are experiencing no wi-fi at all or extremely low speed (8Mbps instead of 100Mbps promised). We called the customer service. They checked out modem number at it appears that it doesn't support Fiber connections, which suppose to provide fast speed. Technician just said:"That's weird". Wow! Exactly what I want to hear from you!! They told us our modem has to be changed. One of their agents actually came up with a proposal and little credit for us in order to keep us as their customer but next day when I was going to schedule the appointment for installation they told me it was missunderstanding with previous agent and they can not provide me the plan he described!! What????????! New plane they can provide us is twice more expensive. No thank you! We are cancelling our membership!!!!

Jim Lavoie Fort Myers, FL

CenturyLink is a the worst company I have ever dealt with. Their service is horrendous in every way. When you call you get transferred numerous times, get put on hole and then usually get cut off. Then you have to start over. When you finally get someone who seems like they are going to get your internet working they tell you that it will be on "tomorrow". Of course it doesn't, then you have to start over. It is beyond maddening. Finally I decided to cancel the service. Even then I went through the same routine, on hold, transferred again and again, told to call back because the "system was down". Then I was told that I was all set and would get a confirmation email. Never happened. Instead got a call saying I was put on another plan. This company has a Corporate culture of dishonesty at every level and should be put out of business. I that that Comcast was bad but CenturyLink has them beat by a mile.

Ryan Larsen Logan, UT

We have had CenturyLink as our home internet service provider for the past three years. Their customer service has been good. We had an outage and they quickly came out and repaired the service. My only complaint is that I wish they had faster speeds for my area.

Deb Parsons Ashland, VA

If there was a no star rating I would give it. I have never experienced such a horrific internet provider. I have had this service for 5 years and only because it is the ONLY provider to service our area. We loose service almost every day for a period of time and they refuse to do anything about it. Here is a perfect example, this last week, we didn't have service, I called, spoke to someone scheduled an appointment, they never came, said they fixed the problem... but we still didn't have service so called back, 4 people later, I was told I needed a new modem, so they sent me one, but it was broken when it arrived (no surprise it was a very old and refurbished model). I then hold forever (4 hours) and am told they cant send me a new one because I have received one in the last 30 days. I finally get a tech to come out (who was wonderful and so kind. I felt bad that he is working for such a horrible company) and he told me I needed a new modem-shocker! He ordered one, told me to call and confirm the order after he left. I did and after holding hours on the phone, I am promised a new one overnighted to me. That was a week ago. I have called back and they have no record of this. I now have to start the process all over again. I am now over 3 weeks without a working modem- can't work or teach my classes online. I am now told I have to pay 95$ for someone to come out and confirm my problem. I have an internet only plan and get about 2g on a good day with a 10g plan, and pay 98$ a month.

Peter Waalkes Denver, CO

I absolutely hate this company. After being a customer for 12 years I moved and did not transfer service, so I had to start up again. I bought my own modem, which the service representative told me was okay to do, and scheduled the setup. The technician came out and I gave him my modem to install, which he did. He then left and I find out on my first bill that I was charged for the modem that I paid for. Five chat and four phone calls later and nothing has been solved. Centurylink has actually hung up on me (I was not being rude at all) and has disconnected chats. This is because after they tell me that they refuse to refund my money, they then have the gall to try to upsell me on services! After I tell them no to new services they hang up! This has happened nine times! Are you kidding me? The last time I went all Karen on them and asked for a supervisor's number. They transferred me to another technician who wasn't a supervisor. This company is the worst, and if they will treat a customer of 12 years like this, they will not care a bit about you.

Nam Aurora, CO

This is literally one of the worst internet companies I have ever dealt with in my entire life. After reading the horrible reviews about CenturyLink, I thought I would give the service a try. The technician came and setup my internet and all was well for a few weeks. My neighbor decided to setup one as well but in the process, the technician cuts off my internet. I called to scheduled an appointment but told them to come after I get out of work. They showed up on appointment day when I was at work and didn't even tell me. I had to call because the tehnician never showed up. They set it up for another day and 2 weeks go by. While waiting I find out that my account number didn't exist and that the original technician was the one who has caused my neighbors and mines outages. I call customer service and chatted with them online about why no one has solved the issue and was hung up on more than 5 times. They finally fixed the internet and a month goes by when my internet shuts off again. I called to setup a time and my technician Rey from CenturyLink shows up and said he can't do anything until Monday at 8AM. Monday comes and he never shows up. I called CenturyLink and they couldn't page him. They suggested that the if the problem persists I'll have to reschedule again. I told them I don't even have internet and they just charged me for next month of no internet. This was the final straw. I called and quit the same day I called Comcast to setup my internet. These technicians talk bad about each other in front of the customers, they blatantly lie, they blame others, and they are not trained. The customer service is rude beyond belief and their app/automated system does not work. I warn anyone who is even the slightest interested in CenturyLink to save their money, mental health, and time. Do not use this company. Use Comcast. I will never stop telling my story with CenturyLink. If customers like me don't stand up to these tech companies, they will continue to screw people over.

Bart and Judy Swanson Fayetteville, NC

Always good when there was a problem they replaced our modem/ during inclement weather our internet service is fixed if it should go out temporarily and they very easy to deal with if we need to phone them for any reason. We have our home landline with them as well. Monthly bill is extremely reasonable !

Joe Thielen Lone Tree, CO

I had CenturyLink fiber installed at my house in Nov 2019. This is an amazing service at 1Gbps, with low latency and jitter....!!!! The price is $65 a month, which is amazing as well!!! If you can get this service, you should, you will not regret the choice, and you will constantly be amazed.!!!

John Burnside Colorado Springs, CO

They have been reliable although their service is sometimes slow. I usually get a promotion every year to keep the cost down and ran our of discounts. The price had risen dramatically so I went into their local store and told them I was looking at alternative internet providers because of the price increase. They offered me a very reasonable rate for 5 years and I took it. No more jockeying with promos. The price is pretty good for my area of the country.

Mila Smith North Las Vegas, NV

WHEN it's working, it is fast. However, when you make appts with them they will move your appt around without authorization. I made an appt for next week bc I'm out of town. Three next day I get a text stating the tech will arrive today from 10-12. I spent 20 min on the phone with someone that had to transfer me to 'reschedule' the appt. Got hung up on. Called customer care & was interrupted by the person stating CenturyLink's favorite line "you don't need to be there bc they'll just do work outside." I told them I do need to be there bc they are replacing modem bc it is not compatible with my upgrade package. Got hung up on again. Called again... told this person everything that had happened and she took a snotty time with me and said there was never an appt today only next week. Then I asked, did someone cancel it? She then said, yes it was canceled so you only have the appt next week. Come on Century Link. Seriously, if you're going to set an appt with your customers, keep the appt as scheduled. AND figure out how to get people that know what they're doing

Nichole Davidson Sandy, UT

I was surprisingly impressed with my experience with CenturyLink. I had no major issues with my connection and the equipment always worked. I spoke with customer service only once but they were kind and were able to help me out quickly. My only complaint was that about half of the speed tests I ran said I was getting the speed I was paying for, but that seems to be typical for all internet providers I've dealt with.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

While living in Provo Utah we used CenturyLink for our internet use. We were very happy with how fast the speed was throughout our home. We had 6 kids at the time and when we were all on the internet at the same time it didn't seem to affect the speed at all. We also found it very helpful to use their 24/7 technical support and internet security. The downloads were super fast as well.

Dan Colton Gilbert, AZ

I used to use one of the other internet service providers. When I first heard about CenturyLink, I was skeptical that they could deliver the same high speed internet at the lower cost they advertised. However, with their price for life offer and no contract, I thought I'd give them a try. I have been very happy with my service and with the money I'm saving after switching to CenturyLink.

Mia Hernandez Tempe, AZ

I love using century link there a great company my service is sensational the only problem i ever had was once with there customer service when i first started with the company the sales rep who got me in advised me that my instillation and router would be free id only have to pay for my 1st months service which i thought was nice until i recvd my 1st months bill and i was charged for everything when i called into customer service to dispute my charges i spoke wit 3 different ppl who didnt seem to know what they were doing. needless to say i was really unhappy with my service so far finally when i got to the 4th person i was assisted and got my file corrected other than that my service has been great ever since

Calista Huber Mesa, AZ

We have no major complaints about CenturyLink! We've had a couple issues in three and a half years but the team has always been responsive and fixed the problem quickly. I think once our router just needed to be replaced and once there was an issue with something outside that they fixed. We get a really good deal on our internet and love the lifetime price option! We don't have the fastest speed and are able to do our basic internet searches, school work, graphic design, photo editing, and video streaming without any problem. As far as customer service goes, can't complain. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's slower and harder to understand people. Yesterday I saw a CenturyLink truck and even before I saw the name, I knew it was CenturyLink just from seeing the green logo. I thought that was awesome branding.

Chris Alonzo Gilbert, AZ

The service is great the customer service reps are very helpful and are always looking out for you to get the best service for your money. I have had Centurylink service for six years and absolutely love it. The technicians are very knowledgeable and are trained to help you with any service disruption. One thing that I wish they were better at was the availablilty to schedule appointments when needed it seems they are always weeks out when you needs them to come to your home.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

Not the biggest fan of CentruyLink. Their internet speeds are abysmal at best. When I go and visit my friends that have them as an internet provider, I use my cellular data because I am never able to load videos, and everything else takes a while. They do have good customer service though but it doesn't make up for the slow internet speeds.

Laurie Brown Wake Forest, NC

I had their service for 11 plus years. Very bad speeds and multiple outages. But just my wife and I so not a huge deal. Reached my limit this past month. Service was out for a few days and we call to get some help. I was told there was a problem with the line to our home and they would have someone out tomorrow to fix it. In shock I said “ Wow, that’s great! Your going to send someone out on a Sunday to fix my service? “ They said yes, sometime between 8 -5. Stayed home all day and no one showed. Called at 5:30 and was told not only do they do NOT service on Sunday but there was no repair order for my account in their system. Called the next day and there was still no repair order for my home in their system. Decide right away to use another provider. Called on the 27th of July to cancel and was told we cannot cancel now because our billing cycle starts on the 23rd and they don’t cancel after a billing cycle starts. Now mind you, we still have no service to use. We went to Spectrum for service and in 3 days we were hooked up and working. We bundled out DISH tv with centurylink and are still getting bills from them. They do not even have a clue! My wife and I are sitting here , still on hold at 96 minutes and counting and have not spoken to anyone yet! If you are considering using Centurylink RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can to anyone else you have available. I don’t think anyone could be worse!!!!

Nancy Spokane, WA

I pay for the fastest speed. I don’t get it though because the fiber optics aren’t available for my area yet. But if I downgrade to slower connection to save money. It’s way to slow and isn’t usable. I think I should be charged for the speed I’m actually getting instead of being basically forced to pay for something I’m not even getting.Makes sense to me.

Kels

Affordable and reliable. If you are looking for something that's straight up and not getting jerked around. Here is where you need to be. No contract, no billing changes, just the same bill every month

Jamie Neider Kaysville, UT

We recently switched from xfinity to Century Link. We have been so happy with the lower price. Our actual internet service is a little slower than we'd like, but we have been happy with the customer service and lower price so it's worth it to us.

Jason Tolleson, AZ

For one thing, the different stages of internet they have is a lil weired. Some are inexpensive and some are more. I got the best one but sometimes threw out the day it has issues. I wish these bugs were fixed do I don't have a delay on my things im doing.

Jeremy Balls Kaysville, UT

They have some of the best pricing for internet and the quality is not that bad. But the speeds need to be improved. The highest internet speed I can receive is 20Mbps, what I actually got was more around 14Mbps. So if you need a keep priced internet they are fine, but if you use your internet a lot, this speed just won't do it for you. I never have had any issue with service or billing.

JulieDSP Henderson, NV

The service we had was OK. It went down no more than any other service but didn't always deliver the speeds we paid for. The real problem was disconnection. We were on auto pay and when we closed the account, they didn't use the autopay for the final bill - which was nothing but a "DISCONNECTION FEE". $16 plus tax. They didn't change our address to the new one we gave. So for months they kept charging us late fees for a bill we never should have had and never knew we had and then wanted $69.32 when we finally had the new resident send us the bill. They wouldn't work with removing all the fees so wanted us to pay multiple times the amount originally due despite not using the payment method had set up, not updating the address to assure we got our bill. They said I could have logged in to see the bill. But why would I log in to see a bill that shouldn't exist? It is a SCAM.

Herb Vancouver, WA

Long wait for appointment to move service, they could certainly improve the wait times for install/move appointments. The tech that came was super! I have their fiber to the house and the speed (upload & download) is amazing. Very reliable.

Jennifer Albany, WI

They were quick to change my service and guide me through any problems when I moved. After being with them several years, they offered me a discount just for staying a loyal customer.

Tiffany Phoenix, AZ

We had CenturyLink in the past and when Comcast wasn't available in our new area we switched to CenturyLink. They have improved significantly since the last time we used them. So far, we have been happy with their service. We haven't had any issues so far and it was easy to get set up.