Best Company Guarantee AT&T Internet Logo

AT&T Internet

7.3

LAST UPDATED: March 2nd, 2024

AT&T has been providing telecommunications services to people across the United States for more than 30 years. You may have have experience with AT&T as a company dedicated to powering your mobile phone, but they're also a popular TV and internet service provider.

You can bundle phone, TV, and internet plans through AT&T, so if you're in the market for all three, this company may be your go-to ISP. AT&T offers its customers one of the world's largest wireless networks, and it's known for being reliable and strong. The company's large customer base benefits from this wide range of services at reasonable prices that will fit in any budget.

But like all ISPs, AT&T has its limitations: AT&T internet is available in 21 states and offers speed up to 1 Gig. Still impressed? So are we.

View Customer AT&T Internet Reviews

The Good

• Affordable Prices
  • High Speeds
  • Rural Availability
  • Generous Data Cap
  • Equipment
  • Bundling Options

Affordable Prices

AT&T Internet is a popular choice because they have a variety of packages. These plans prices are based on a one-year commitment:

• Internet Basic 5 (DSL Plan) — $30 per month
  • Internet 10-100 (DSL Plan) — $40 per month
  • Internet 100 (Fiber Optic) — $40 per month
  • Internet 300 (Fiber Optic) — $40 per month
  • Internet 1,000 (Fiber Optic) — $60 per month

The following disclaimers apply to each of these packages:

Plus taxes. 12 mo. agmt, other qualifying service & combined billing req'd. Incl 1 TB data/mo. $10 chrg for each add'l 50 GB (up to $100/mo). Limited availability in select areas. May not be available in your area. Visit AT&T to check service availability. Actual customer speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Download speeds are typically up to 940 Mbps due to overhead capacity reserved to deliver the data. Speeds may also vary based on factors including site traffic, content provider server capacity, internal network management factors, and end user device capabilities. For more information, go to www.att.com/speed101

AT&T offers these high speed internet plans through fiber and DSL internet. Internet Basic 5 and 10-100 are DSL; Internet 100, 300, and 1,000 are offered through fiber. Not every service provider can offer the consistent download and upload speeds of fiber-optic internet, so this option could be worth looking into if it's available in your area. And it's also worth noting that Internet 1,000 has an unlimited data allowance.

The price for an AT&T internet package is even more impressive when the customer compares the prices to some of the competing broadband providers. Top-tier internet plans from some other companies can cost significantly more than the cost of AT&T's fiber plans.

High Speeds

If you're like any other customer, you're looking for more bang for your buck. AT&T's competitive speeds for broadband and fiber could impress you, especially given their modest price tag. These packages provide different levels of high-speed internet connection:

• Basic 5 — Up to 5 Mbps
  • Internet 10–100 — Up to 100 Mbps
  • Internet 300 — Up to 300 Mbps
  • Internet 1,000 — Up to 1,000 Mbps

These are fast download speeds. Customers should understand that these are the maximum possible download speeds, and you could experience slightly lower speeds depending on external factors, like traffic and computer software.

The Internet 10–100 plan is an average broadband speed that will be more than adequate for some customers; however, it may not be available in some areas.

Rural Availability

If the plans above aren't available in your region, you might still have some options with AT&T.

For customers in rural areas, AT&T may be able to provide better data speeds than many competitors through its Fixed Wireless Internet, which uses an outdoor antenna paired with an indoor router to deliver 25 Mbps speeds for $40 per month. And if you want to bump it up to $89.99 a month, you can bundle DirecTV.

Generous Data Cap

One advantage of choosing AT&T as an internet service provider is its generous data cap. With many of its internet plans, AT&T offers a data cap of 1 TB per month. AT&T also offers an unlimited data plan for $90 per month. This is a lot of data, so most customers won’t have to worry about going over the cap.

Equipment

Customers who sign up with AT&T can receive a modem that also acts as a router, providing Wi-Fi service for their devices. If you don't have your own equipment, this is ideal.

However, you'll pay a $35 activation fee if they perform self-guided setup. For technician service, the installation and activation fee is $99.

Bundling Options

You can bundle your internet with U-Verse TV to save on both. Internet providers typically offer cable TV as well, so this isn't an uncommon feature.

The cheapest package, U-Family TV + AT&T Internet, is $89.99 per month. The internet and TV bundles have an unlimited data allowance, which could be a perk for those who were on the fence about adding TV service to their bundle.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Data Surcharges
  • Contract Required
  • Customer Service Complaints

Limited Availability

AT&T does not offer internet service in every state. There are 21 states across the country that have AT&T internet service networks. They are:

• Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Wisconsin

If you do not live in one of these states, AT&T is not an option for you.

Data Surcharges

While AT&T offers a generous data cap for most plans, there is an additional charge of $10 per 50 GB of data used past the data cap. This additional charge can be as much as $100 per month. If you choose AT&T, be cautious of how much data you are using, because you may end up with a higher internet bill than you planned for.

Contract Required

If you choose AT&T Internet, you'll have to sign a one-year contract. This might discourage you, because ending a contract early can sometimes result in termination fees which can add up. This will limit your ability to change service options if the need arises.

Customer Service Complaints

Some negative reviewers note that customer service has them feeling like they're being passed between representatives without any solution for an issue. This is a common complaint about many ISPs.

However, not every review expresses this sentiment, and many others praise the patience and knowledge of AT&T representatives.

The Bottom Line

You can see some clear advantages to using AT&T Internet from our review. AT&T gives most of their customers four different internet plans to choose from. These high-speed access products offer fast internet speeds and a variety of features. AT&T's Internet 1,000 plan isn't the fastest on the market, but if you have 1 TB in data allowance, this should be plenty for any family.

But keep in mind that part of AT&T Internet's terms and conditions there is a one-year contract. This contract can be inconvenient and result in an early termination fee if you need to move or want to change providers. Additionally, the customer will have to pay an extra fee for any overages.

AT&T is a great internet service provider to choose if you are looking for quality internet access and are already utilizing other services from this company.

Call our recommended rep over at AT&T Internet below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More About Our Guarantee

3.9

George 97 North Bergen, NJ

When I started using At&T internet, I got saved from slow and weak internet connections. I can surf the internet very fast and seamlessly. My children play their games online with no buffering or lagging. My wife easily does her online shopping at the comfort of our couch and I work from home over the weekends with no worry of slow internet.

Annie Hickey Ormond Beach, FL

I had had spectrum for 20 years and I needed a change. These guys did a great deal on my Wi-Fi and a cell phone for my son.

elenasr1975 Las Vegas, NV

Great connection. When I had them ,- I could always rely on having connection. I have a different provider now and it’s cheaper but I don’t always have the connection that I need.

Joseph Decatur, GA

I have bundled my landline and internet with ATT for at least 10 years. They always take care of issues primarily with with the modem. Occasionally an agent comes out Usually issues are resolved between my home and the office

Arooj Naeem Washington, DC

My AT&T Internet experience has been reliable, providing fast and consistent connectivity. The customer service has been responsive when needed, addressing any issues promptly. The variety of plans caters to different needs, although occasional outages have been a minor inconvenience. Overall, AT&T Internet meets my expectations for speed and customer support.

Christopher Ryan Winter Park, FL

I got my network carrier from AT&T three years ago and it has been super reliable serving me so well the internet connection is very reliable for me and I got bonuses most times

Sodiq Ada Ashburn, VA

I love AT&T internet it is very secured for browsing and I like the way 24/7 proactive security is included to stop data threats before they attack and their customer service is amazing

Cherie Cole Clifton Park, NY

At & T has been our phone provider for over 20 years. They are by far the best provider I’ve had as far as pricing, customer service and overall customer care. Everyone in my family is on the plan and they have always advised us as to the best plan for us. We’ve never suffered dropped calls or “dead” areas as happens with other providers. I highly recommend At & T.

Deborah Dyer Hendersonville, TN

We have had AT&T internet for several years. We have no issues with anything. If we have had an issue,I call their customer service department which has always tried to assist me in any way they can. I have even had a technician talk me completely thru a problem on my phone to keep me from having to set up a home appointment that I would have to be here for a service call. All their phone representatives I have found to be friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. We have AT&T Fiber optic for our internet which is really fast and I enjoy very much. We have had other TV satellite companies over the years, but we will stay with AT&T unless something happens that would warrant us to change. The prices are good and why change when it ain’t broke🤣🤣

Tom Cooper San Antonio, TX

Coverage in our house is excellent and keeps. us notified when problems arise and when corrected no

SJ BURNEY Dayton, OH

We have the fiber internet and it is WONDERFUL. The speed is amazing and buffering is extremely rare. Highly recommend

Sylvia COLEMAN Little Rock, AR

AT&T has a great customer service. And when the repairman come out, the service was Gray. Explained everything about my internet.

Tyrone Walton Atlanta, GA

Man. Where to start. Internet is internet some days strong signals some weak but I must admit AT&T has worked tirelessly to keep their service in the running with the competition. The coverage within the home is awesome even if you have several levels in the home. Keep up the awesome upgrades to stay ahead of the competition and bring better services to their current customers.

Verna Lathrop Chicago, IL

I have my phone service through AT&T and have had no problems at all. They provide all the ways to improve their service and are always there to answer my questions

Brenda Shrout

They always have a good deals. Customer service are great.

Ann Meyers Covington, GA

I am currently a customer of AT&T Internet. I love AT&T because they have plans to fit every budget without missing out on essential services. I never have service outages that I have experienced with other internet services. You won't be disappointed.

Chuck Vaughn Tulsa, OK

I am very satisfied with ATT (Uverse) Internet(DSL). I have been with them for many years and I have a very few problems. The cost is really not bad if internet is bundled with phone. I have always found customer serv. to be easy to deal with and tech support walks me through procedures. When a tech comes to my home they are knowledgeable, friendly, etc. The only downside to the service is that the weather causes signal loss which is unavoidable with satellite. I recently considered switching to cable but after reading the reviews I decided NO!!!! I have very rarely seen so many 0ne Star reviews!

Joe Baker Utica, MI

Great service with Fiber. Love the TV service thru direct tv. Also, $300 grift card.

Sean DiMaria

I have been an AT&T Fiber Optic Internet customer for several months and an AT&T Uverse Internet customer for several years. I remain loyal to AT&T for two reasons: customer service and quality of internet. The price is a little higher than Spectrum, but not by much. I rarely, if ever, have any issues with my internet. I cannot recall the last time my internet went out for any reason. My download and upload speeds are the same with my Fiber Optic account (1000 GB p/sec). Whenever I have an issue, I have always appreciated dealing with the customer friendly AT&T customer service as compared to other companies. Overall, if you have AT&T as an option, I highly recommend their internet for its quality, dependability, and price.

11 months ago Edited April 17, 2023

Michelle Thomas Anaheim, CA

I did like my internet by ATT when I lived in my apartment. They had excellent customer service and I kept the service for years. They are reasonable also.

Farrell Lockett Houston, TX

AT&T internet is fast and reliable. They ran a promotion that allowed us to upgrade to the fastest network speeds for our area at $10 off the regular price for a year. My wife and I both work from home, stream video content, and surf the web from multiple devices without issue or interruption.

Bunny Garlington Weatherford, TX

I had AT&T Internet for many years. I got a DVR when I switched to AT&T. That was wonderful as I saved shows to watch when I am able. I did not get that with my current Internet provider. I cannot recall any outages while I was a customer.

Carlos Gonzalez Dallas, TX

been Customer with AT&T for over 25 yrs and we've had our ups and downs, but ultimately, we have worked it out together. Overall I’m pleased with service; however being a rural area tower connection is difficult to access.

7 months ago Edited July 27, 2023

Joy Deltona, FL

I've had AT&T internet for 4 months now and they have already upgraded my system to fiber optics. Only took the tech about 2 hours and have not had any issues so far. And I was told my bill may actually be a little less now. I haven't gotten my new bill yet but every little bit helps

Martin Rubalcava Los Angeles, CA

I really think AT@T is a great internet provider they have great customer service theirs internet service is delivered by fibre optics great speeds for downloading or streaming video and gaming they also offer a service for people who have low income for ten collards a month I think it is very kind of them to help those who can't afford internet a low ten dollard a month what a great way of them giving back to the community I am very pleased with AT@T and recommend it to my friends and family.

Cheryl

I'm satisfied with AT&T. The service is reliable and if there's ever a problem that can't be resolved remotely, someone comes to my home almost immediately. I have wondered, however, why NBC streams slowly when no other streaming service is slow. I'm typically not prone to conspiracy theories, but I've wondered if it's not because NBC is owned by AT&T and they're making a case for an upgrade to a faster service.

Jill Binette Martinsville, IN

We had AT&T Fiber Optics at our former residence. OMG--it was smokin fast ALL THE TIME. Hardly ever any outages. Of course, because of Covid, the home office was born. I could telework, my husband could game and watch a movie at the same time, my mother in law was living with us, streaming Netflix--all three of us operating smart phones. We ended up leaving "the country" where we had it. We live in town now and stuck with T-Mobile 5G. Barf. I miss my AT&T.

Jubril Rasheed Ashburn, VA

AT&T as been proving me with strong internet and as a student I will say it good and price friendly

Marshall Trey Wood San Antonio, TX

I just recently moved to Austin, Texas and I assumed getting internet would be as easy as picking up the phone and essentially say, “I want internet today” and, poof!, it would arrive. Well, not so much. The first company, that shall remain unnamed, was very happy to charge my card and make some beautifully worded promises. Then? They showed up with equipment that looked like it had rolled around in the back of a rusted pickup truck and they needed a place to hide it. My new apartment must have been on their mind. Then? The promised 100 mbps turned out to average in the low 50s. NEVER did a speed test register anything close to 100 mbps. So… I canceled after hours in the phone and a “find the right person” scavenger hunt within the company directory. My neighbor then suggested AT&T. I knew they did phones, but Internet was something I assumed they hadn’t perfected. The day they arrived and install the equipment was literally the same day I called them. When they promised a certain speed for the service, I received roughly 50 more megabytes per second than I needed. I can’t say anything negative about AT&T! They were fast, courteous, honest and affordable. What more could someone ask for in this day and age when things are overpromise and under delivered?

Jolee Franklin, LA

AT&t has given me excellent service. The only thing I can compare this to is Cox internet. When I was with Cox internet I had problems every week. The internet would not work with Cox. Since I have been with AT&t I have had no problems at all. I can log into my AT&T account and check my internet speed and also reset my computer and my network if I need to. Whenever I did have to call AT&t which was very seldom I always received excellent help. I was with Cox for I believe like 45 years. I stayed with Cox because I heard AT&t was not that good but that is so wrong. I will never go back to Cox internet AT&t has me for life.

T Timgillis58 Raleigh, NC

I have broadband internet service with AT&T, and I have to say that I'm extremely pleased with it. The advertised speeds are "at least" 25 MB/second download, and they more than meet that. My normal average speed is 30 to 34 MB/second, and my uptime since last November is 100%. The only time I haven't had service is during a power outage, for obvious reasons. I did a self-install, and AT&T shipped the gateway modem to my door and included all instructions for setup. They also sent a customer representative to my residence to assist with the setup, at no cost to me. Since there was a problem with the wiring in my condo, a service technician came out and completed the wiring setup, again at no cost to me. Once that was done the gateway connected and I was on my way. All of this took place over two days, and I had affordable broadband internet up and running. The service has been more than adequate for my needs, which include web browsing, online gaming, and video streaming. I have never come close to reaching the monthly maximum data limit. If you can't get or can't afford cable or fiber internet, I highly recommend AT&T broadband if it is available in your area. Great product, great service, great price.

Michelle Kathleen, GA

We had a lot of trouble with our previous internet provider. We constantly lost connection. They never sent a repairman out and we spent hours on the phone with them telling us to reset the system over and over. When we switched to AT&T we had connection issues at first and we thought we would be in the same situation, but they worked until they fixed the issue. It took 5 technicians, but they kept on problem solving. It turns out the wiring in our house was messed up. We appreciated all the work they did to fix it. Once that issue was found and rewired, we did not have any more connection issues.

Lisa Pebble Blythewood, SC

Currently is our provider for home and mobile needs. It’s the best option if you travel overseas because guarantee that you’ll have service

virginia l salas Lincoln Park, MI

AT&T is the best company for all your computer needs. They really care about their customers satisfaction. I will never change my opinion.

Richard Birnbach Monterrey, NLE

Excellent reliability and even their lowest speed is sufficient for most applications. Easy access to telephone support when needed and although not the cheapest the pricing is competitive, and the quality is very high.

Charles Cheek Miami, FL

AT&T is probably my favorite choice for Internet service provider. They have very fast speeds for the best price and they don't go up on you after a year. The price has stayed the same for five years and they deliver the speed that they advertise at all times. Customer service is easy to talk to if you are specific in telling them your issue

George N Atkinson III Haslet, TX

Reliable most of the time and very fast. AT&T is expensive but I am willing to pay for what I get. I’ve been with them for 15 years and we had our first outage for a day and a half. They fixed it right so we are back up and running without anymore interruptions. I love AT&T it’s a name associated with excellence.

Cade Boudreaux , FL

I love AT&T’s Internet. It’s 300 MPS allows me to stream quickly and easily. My only thing is when the weather gets bad sometimes my service tends to cut out. It’s easily affordable when partnered with a phone service though.

Pat Johnson City, TN

Their representatives are easy to reach by phone. They have resolved issues quickly in the past. The local store could definately use some improvement. Although the customer care reps are knowledgeable, it is a long wait due to an insufficient number of employees.

Amanda Wilson Charlotte, NC

I like AT&t internet because it was fast reliable and they even come out and put all the equipment and for free the thing I didn't like about them was they charged me for the box and equipment afterwards which they should have added it to my bill every month so that's why I didn't like that but otherwise they were a good service

J9softball

I really like AT&T internet. It is fast and reliable. I love that the equipment doesn’t have extra rental fees. When AT&T has new promotions they honor them even for existing customers which I love. I have had them almost 5yrs and have never paid full price for their internet. I think they are faster and more reliable not to mention cheaper than spectrum. They also don’t call and solicit and bother me all the time like spectrum.

Abi Dallas, TX

AT&T is a great provider for all of your internet needs. They have great technicians and the internet speed is excellent! I used them years ago and didn’t have any problems with my internet. When I moved to my new home, unfortunately they didn’t provide service to my area so I had to switch to another company! I will definitely use AT&T again in the future!

David Bornancin Westlake, OH

Hello and this is David a Software and IT Expert. The thing that's most important to me is Fast speed. I have used and worked with AT&T Internet service and that most important thing was having the service even when I travel and need all my devices to work. High Speed and Good Service is Key. I recommend AT&T for all your Internet needs and to support all your devices.

fabian Fletcher Dallas, TX

What I love best about AT&t is the fast and reliable internet anytime something goes wrong they there with a quick response ready to rebuild and put back together the internet that I have paid for. But what I don't like is the wait time when speaking to a live representative I think that problem should be rectified so that I'm not talking to automated system too or being pumped from automated to automator other than that the staff is amazing and I'm satisfied with the overall customer service

Sam Massey Seaside, CA

AT&T has provided affordable, fast, and reliable customer service for all of my internet needs for over a year. I received 1TB download speeds, and have no bandwidth problems even with four people living in my house. Outages are rare, and customer service is always quick, friendly and effective. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs internet service they can count on.

L Hill Chicago, IL

Amazing service that is highly secured which is excellent and makes my whole family feel a lot safer using the internet. Tech support from AT&T is very hardworking courteous an knowledgeable, whether in person or over the phone. Excellent speed for the amount we pay also easy to follow troubleshooting tips on increasing speed, connectivity, or buffering issues that may arise.

2 years ago Edited July 20, 2022

Cynthia Landing Forest City, IL

AT&T internet services worked well for me my signals stay strong which I depend on my internet services for other things in my home like streaming tv’s, security system and my cellphone. The customer service was polite, patient and clearly knowledgeable if you experience a problem unfortunately I’m saddened to where I moved which is in the rural area their service isn’t offered otherwise I will be a customer of theirs today

2 years ago Edited January 3, 2022

debby fronke Gurnee, IL

I had not had wifi for years I simply had no money for it...and when I did at&t turned my life around!! They offered me a 10$ program for low income,I have had the router for 9 mos.not one single time has it gone off,its near flawless...i can use it as much as I want and because of having it I was able to hook up my roku to have alot of channels to stream...customer service has been great ,and made it so easy each month to pay online,they even cut me a break a few times when I was late with payment..I simply love at&t!!

Maria Juarez Las Vegas, NV

Internet service worked well and never idled. I just wish it was more affordable

Raj R

AT&T internet service is fast and reliable. No hidden costs as well in their services.