Best Company Guarantee AT&T Internet Logo

AT&T Internet

7.3

Ernest Harper

The efficiency of the product has never materialized I've had very difficult times getting my internet up and running and keeping it running to the point where I had to actually discontinue the service and I just never found anybody they never came out to find out why it didn't work probably for me and my family so I just was not very happy with them

Mario Martin Montgomery, TX

I've recently moved away to an area that does not offer the quality and reliability that I had experienced for many years with AT&T Internet and my current experience with a "competitor" is like "night & day". What I wouldn't do to have my peace of mind that came with AT&T Internet fast internet service and reliable technical support services.

Fr. Ron Nuzzi Chicago, IL

I have AT&T for home Internet service. It is decent, a little expensive, though very frustrating when there is an outage or technical problem. Typically, it takes a long wait time to get through to an agent. Then, the agent pretty much trains you on how to troubleshoot the problem—rebooting, unplugging, moving the router, rebooting again, recite a few mantras, and hope for the best. I don’t work for AT&T and I do not like to be forced into being an AT&T repair person. So, customer service is bad.

2 years ago Edited July 19, 2022

C Shaw Clarkston, GA

I like the quality of service but the prices could be better. I was turned off during the PANDEMIC and that was sad. I also was charged a hefty fee to be turned back on and I would not recommend them because of their lack of support during this unprecedented time.

Amanda Hastings, MI

Took forever to get service transferred from one address to another. Ridiculous wait time and getting things resolved. Then signed up for cable service through DirectTV/AT&T. Was told lower pricing and different service terms than what it really is. Was totally lied to and AT&T will not correct the issue.

Michele Germain Green Bay, WI

I like the service overall, but I have to fight every time my contract ends to just get a decent price. I have to make several different phone calls before I get satisfaction. I just wish they would be honest and offer the best price in the first place

Rachel Noel Jacksonville, FL

Our architecture firm has used AT&T U-verse internet services for many years. Recently, our WiFi connection failed and we were extremely disappointed with the customer service and lack of concern over the course of an entire work week. The technician that was sent out was overheard calling the main office to inform them that he had no idea how to fix our issue. Our business relies heavily on our internet and your lack of concern and inability to repair the problem within a reasonable timeframe was less than desirable and incredibly frustrating. We tried multiple times to reach the correct department to discuss all of this and appreciate the small credit provided for the loss of service. We are posting this feedback so your team is able to learn from their mistakes and improve your customer service going forward. -TTV Architects, Jacksonville, FL

Ryan Woodstock, IL

I have only had AT&T internet for about a week and I am really regretting getting them as my provider. There are two major problems I have regarding the service. The first is that every single day since we have gotten AT&T, including within 30 minutes of installation, our internet has gone down for at least 20 minutes. Currently it is going on 3 hours on the 4th day since install, and they cant get a tech out to fix it til Monday. Secondly is thier 'high speed'. I am paying for download speeds of up to 100 Mbps. My average download speed when doing speed tests has been about 0.9 Mbps. 0.9. Less than 1 Mbps. As an average. One speed test I ran an hour after install gave me a download speed of 0.13 Mbps. Even at best speeds I am only getting 11 Mbps. I would think fiber optic high speed internet should be faster than my old dial up.

Sylvain Goessens

Fairly good services received , even if it could be difficult' for certain services to be changed online or at the store , you have to call to change cable channel bouquet , you can not do it in person' or on your computer , they have good application for your devices though

Simone Boothe Brooklyn, NY

Great customer service, they will always help where you can feel your issue is a priority and will be taken care of the best way. The representatives are always very courteous, respectful and professional.

Robert Stroupe Conway, AR

AT&T has it set up so that understanding what you get is very confusing. I have DSL and my download speed is only half of what AT&T claims. I have a 150 GB limit, then they start charging extra. I don't know if I can get more data for a firm price because they have approx. 15 or 20 different internet service names and it's confusing to understand what you have. AT&T internet is trickery at it's worst. DSL never had data limits in the past, but it's AT&T's way of milking more money from you. I'm tired of the trick crap and confusing nature of the way they present to you what you're getting. They bought DirecTV, a home security company, they have wire phone service, long distance and cell service. AT&T has aquired so many businesses they can't make any of it work right, and then sweeten their pockets with data limits and tricky names so as to make it difficult to understand what kind of internet you're getting.

Fran P.

Have had AT&T from the beginning of internet. However, they are expensive. They provide us 1024 data allowance per month, of which we use less than 40 each month. There is no reduction for light users. Also, had to negotiate to remove "rental" on the internet "box" as we had been paying $4 per month for years; the item had been "Paid" for many times over. Our call allowance is 200 minutes per month. We routinely use less than 10 minutes a month, as my cell phone provider has much better rates, especially international rates.

Lynda David

Sometime unable to connect to server but that is very short lived. Within a few hours it is up and running. I never have waited no more than a day for the service to be back on and good as it get.

Eric S

Good value compared to other companies such as Comcast.

Clela Finn Schertz, TX

We wanted fiber internet and took advantage of AT&T’s new customer special. The service is fine but getting help with anything is difficult. The app is great. The bonus services (pro-tech, smart home, etc.) are nice. As long as you don’t need customer service help, it’s fine.

Georgianna Quinney Taylorsville, NC

Great service, but there have been some outages. We have had AT&T at my place of employment for a while. It works 90% of the time, but there is an occasional day that an outage occurs. The techs come out in good timing though. The problems must be fairly minor & are usually a quick fix.

Sherran Nutson Atlanta, GA

I have been an AT&T Internet, Wireless, Landline and other services for more than 30 years. AT&T Internet service is one of the best but the price is expensive. I have/am considering finding cheaper service but want to have the best Internet service for what I use it for.

Nic Mac

Love AT&T internet because of the reliability. CS is very helpful in times we’ve had outages/issues. The few techs I’ve had at the house were great! I will say this tho. Even with FR discount they’ve more than doubled in price so lost a star on that.

LUPE P RAMIREZ El Paso, TX

Supposedly AT&T is now going under ground wireless and the best! No! Not true! I'm always losing signal and it slows down alot!

Brenda Shrout

They always have a good deals. Customer service are great.

Ilspbeth Bruce

so so so so expensive! i had been online and signed up when i received the hardware i was charged $150 for the equipement. when i tried to return it and cancel the service they never credited me back for any of it and i have fought for years to get it taken off of my credit history!! make sure you ask about the costs up front and never let them send you anything that you are not prepared to pay for.

1 year ago Edited April 11, 2023

Amanda Wilson Charlotte, NC

I like AT&t internet because it was fast reliable and they even come out and put all the equipment and for free the thing I didn't like about them was they charged me for the box and equipment afterwards which they should have added it to my bill every month so that's why I didn't like that but otherwise they were a good service

Alyssa Hicks Springfield, MO

Been accustomed for almost 4 years now and I can't complain everything is always been pretty good I've only had to have them come out to fix that Wi-Fi like one time any other time it's been an easy fix for the app on my phone and we

Angie Martin Cherryville, NC

I have been an AT&T internet customer for over 15 years. I have always had a great experience with it. When I’ve had service issues they were always handled quickly and the technician, (when needed) was always professional and kept me informed. I’m also very satisfied with the price I pay for my service too.

Delphine Short Houma, LA

I've been a AT&T customer for years now and all I can say is I love my service. If I've ever had a problem I called and someone was always ready to help me and if the problem couldn't be fixed by troubleshooting they set up an appointment for tech to come out. I haven't to many problems that couldn't be fixed by troubleshooting. Thank you AT&T

Alex Indianapolis, IN

Got symmetrical gigabit fiber. Received symmetrical gigabit bandwidth (within tolerances) 24/7! My biggest problems are with regard to their incentive structure. There are all kinds of hoops to jump through and deadlines to beat if you are to receive those attractive offers. You must in many cases wait weeks for a snail-mailed offer code that is easily lost in transit or tossed as junk mail (which it seemingly deliberately resembles). Customer service has difficulty explaining charges, and the lag in chatting is so severe that you're better off just calling in and waiting. Another complaint is for those who prefer to manage their own firewalls, ports and so on. There is no such thing as bridge mode on the fiber gateways. You're one of 32 nodes, and by definition you're in a double-NAT situation. You can configure IP passthrough, but successfully using this mode will probably require a sophisticated router setup that excludes your typical consumer WIFI router's capabilities. You'll be firing up a mini-PC or similar and configuring PfSense. Fun for me but not for most. The bandwidth and price completely overcome these objections. Just be prepared for some headaches chasing down those juicy Visa cards. I mean, if you want to incentivize me, incentivize me! Stop playing hard-to-get! I am so happy to have left Comcast scumbags. I had AT&T DSL back when it was acceptable and had my ins and outs with them back then too. The Ma Bell curse dies hard, it seems. When you set up new service, get *COMPLETE* details about all of the exciting gift cards in your future, about ancillary charges, and if you're bundling services, don't let them go until you can see all the accounts on your dashboard. Get your accepted quote in writing and be prepared to shove it in their faces when they fail to hold up their end. Snail mail? From a telecom company? Please.

Erica Eberhardt Arlington, TX

I have had AT&T internet for 4 years. The internet is fast, reliable and not costly at all. When I have had a question customer service has always been friendly and able to answer my question without any issues. I would highly recommend AT&T to anyone.

J L Houston, TX

One of the best cable companies that provide excellent products and service. They run specials all the time which makes it worth every penny. AT&T has been my choice of providers after trying some of the other cable companies.

Cord G Belmont, CA

I just switched from xfinity and t-mobile because AT&T has fiber optics which provides ne with better, faster service. Their techs are professional but also polite, kind, and funny! I Lso get more for my money with AT&T thank you!

Leola Ailene San Diego, CA

I've had their DSL (Uverse) service for the past 3 years. I live in an apartment complex in a highly populated area in town. These factors affect the available bandwidth when using DSL. That's why they'll promote speeds "up to" XXMbps. Understanding all this, the product is fine. I work from home and it serves me well. Streaming HD movies is where I notice the product lacking. We definitely need more bandwidth to accommodate the increasing needs our entertainment devices require. We pay for the max available in our area. To get improved service, we would need AT&T fiber. Not available yet. In the meantime, we suffer through occassional buffering, but at this point, it's not terrible. I've had to reach out to their customer service a few times. Seriously needs improvement. This goes for both the human and automated support. I'm always immensely frustrated when I seek support.

Precious H. Red Oak, TX

I have had AT&T internet and phone for nearly 2 decades. The internet has improved throughout the years. My service area recently got fiber optics and it makes streaming and dowload speeds even better. The price is not too bad either. The bandwidth is strong enough to power all of our electronics and TVs without slowing down. Love them!

Claudia Ruiz Hialeah, FL

AT&T Internet service is excellent, because it has the best price on the market, the speed is stable, it never varies, a first-class service to watch movies, use tablets, laptops, all at the same time. I highly recommend 👌

1 year ago Edited March 29, 2023

Braska Williams Jr Knightdale, NC

I love their speed and reliability. . I am able to utilize a 1 GB service, and I receive the full speed amount. Very rarely does the service ever drop or cut off. I will say that I have AT&T Fiber which is very different from AT&T DSL. I had Spectrum Cable Internet for several years, and it was terrible. It would drop several times per day.

Angel Chau El Monte, CA

We been a long time customer of AT&T and used many products from mobile, cable to internet. Our recent, is the Fiber Internet, which by far is the best provider's service in our area. Installation, connecting with the CS and actual use of the service been smooth so far.

Life of Frog South Bend, IN

Best customer service and best products. We have had AT&T for over 15 years. We had them for our cell phone primarily, but did use them for a landline years ago (when people still had house phones lol). Any issue we ever had, AT&T was friendly and fixed it immediately or credited our account. Can't recommend them enough!

1 year ago Edited October 3, 2022

Matthew Laney Upland, CA

I previously used AT&T Internet as my web and e-mail service. They were a good value, reliable and relatively fast. I would probably still be with them today if I did not use a different carrier for my cell phone. I recommend AT&T Internet.

b. ellena Kansas City, MO

At&t internet service has been a blessing! I was using a competing company, and their customer service was horrible. I never knew how much I was missing until I switched to At&t! The customer service and high speed internet quality is the best I have ever had!

Janine Jannicelli Raleigh, NC

AT&T is a wonderful company with wonderful service. They provide me with my television channels and my high-speed Internet. Their customer service is efficient, their technicians are knowledgeable and my coverage is excellent. I’ve been with all the others and I’m happy to be with AT&T!

1 year ago Edited December 29, 2022

Jerry Cantrell Columbus, OH

I recently purchased AT&T Internet. This is the 2nd time I have been a customer. ATT&T Internet is reliable and fast. It also has individual lines to your house, when you neighbors are using the service it doesn't slow you don!!

michael L Wallace Arlington, TX

AT&T Internet is a very reliable company that has knowledgable representatives that are very professional and helpful every time I have a problem. They are there to help me solve my problems and have always helped me in a timely manner. Thank you AT&T.

Michelle Sohn Charlotte, NC

We have had AT&T for years. Our phones, internet and UVerse at one time. We moved to the edge of town. I was worried our internet would lag. After the move we were sent a new modem and a installer came 2 days later. He was great! Rewired from street to house and our plan includes service calls. I homeschool and it's been great. Very happy mom.

Paula Barber Melbourne, FL

I have been using AT&T internet for many years now. I have never had a single problem with them except for them trying to increase the amount I pay every year & I have to call & talk to someone in order to get the price back down to an affordable rate.

Kim Cook Lansing, MI

AT&T has been alright for us. We have not been given updates as they become available and so our internet is not as fast as it could be. Most of the time we have decent speeds, occasionally the internet will go out without a real reason (not storming or unpaid bill, etc). Price is kind of high, compared to some other companies, but being a teacher, the household needs strong and reliable internet to be online for classes.

Nicola Avena Ormond Beach, FL

This has not always given me the best Internet possible but through the storms and my rural area. AT&T has the BEST customer service. They are truly there to provide you with the best possible service for what's best for you and your needs.

Yamilka Coca Bakersfield, CA

I have had good experiences working with AT&T . When I moved they made the process very simple. The representative was friendly and knowledgeable, they tried to ensure I was set up with the best offer and connected me with the scheduling team to make an appointment to setup the service. It was an easy process.

Hemant Ramachandran Saratoga, CA

AT&T is the company which provided my phone. Their internet is always reliable when I use data on my phone. It sometimes is a bit slow, but I have had no issues accessing internet using data when I am in the US except in areas where there is no signal.

Jennifer Amarillo, TX

ATT gets better with their specials every year. I have been with them for over a decade now. I would not trade out. They are very negotiable and understanding. The wait time if you need to speak with a representative is not bad at all. The prices are pretty straight forward.

Simone Seitz Muskego, WI

I am happy with my internet service through AT&T. I have had it for several years now and have no complaints. It has been very reliable and I have encountered very few problems over that time. I would highly recommend their service!

Susan P Moniz Waipahu, HI

AT&T is the provider for my iPad and iPhone for more than 20 years. I have never experienced dropped calls and other problems. I can travel anywhere in the world and maintain contact with all the important people and businesses.

Ronald Cohen Sherwood, AR

I've had AT&T Internet ever since I began using the Internet and that was way back in the early days when 1200bps was considered to be fast. The service has been extremely reliable and customer service has been what I consider to be average or better although my need to use them has been rare.

2 years ago Edited July 21, 2022