Best Company Guarantee Candid Logo

Candid

8.2

LAST UPDATED: September 24th, 2021

Candid knows how important it is to love your smile. The company saw a need to make the quest for a better smile more affordable and convenient than traditional orthodontic treatment. That's why the company strives to make straightening your teeth a simpler, more comfortable, and affordable process.

Candid offers remote clear aligner treatment for a fraction of the price of traditional braces — all without office visits. But that doesn’t mean sacrificing expert oversight. Unlike alternatives, Candid treatment includes remote monitoring, which allows the state-licensed orthodontist overseeing your case to check on your progress remotely. It all starts with a free visit to a Candid Studio or at home by purchasing a Starter Kit for $95. From start to finish, Candid aims to help you get straighter teeth from the comfort of your home.

As an alternative to traditional metal braces, Candid is dedicated to giving you a whiter, straighter smile through clear aligners. For a limited time, Candid customers can receive $65 off when they purchase a Candid Starter Kit using the code ATHOME.

Go Directly to Candid Customer Reviews

The Good

• 6-Month Average Treatment
  • New Smile in 3 Steps
  • Advanced Teledentistry
  • Pricing & Insurance Options
  • New Dental Monitoring Tech
  • Candid Studio Locations Available
  • Positive Candid Reviews

6-Month Average Treatment

Customers can expect their treatment with invisible aligners to take an average of 6 months. However, the treatment time will greatly depend on the severity of your misaligned teeth. Typically, an orthodontist will recommend invisible braces treatment to fix mild to moderate cases, where there isn't much need for extensive orthodontic work or metal braces seem unnecessary.

Candid expects most customers to be treated within six months. This is especially true for adults that once received braces treatment, but since have had minor teeth shifting over the years. Candid does not guarantee a 6-month treatment for all cases but mentions on its website that the treatment plan could take up to 11 months. Length of time will always vary by individuals orthodontic cases.

New Smile in 3 Steps

1. Show your teeth - Take impressions of your teeth at home with a starter kit, or visit one of the Candid Studios.
  2. Get your clear aligners - They’ll come with everything you need for treatment.
  3. Check in from anywhere - Your orthodontist will track your progress with scans you take from your phone.

There are those who like visiting the dentist and those who don't. Candid braces appeal to both types of people by offering two options to straighten teeth. Customers can visit a local Candid Studio office or order an at-home teeth straightening starter kit to take impressions of their teeth themselves.

If you choose to use the at-home starter kit, you'll take a mold of your teeth through the modeling kit and mail it back to Candid where a licensed orthodontist will review your case. If you are approved for invisible braces, Candid will send you an interactive 3D model of your teeth straightening treatment plan.

If you choose the at-home plan, Candid will send the complete set of clear aligners straight to your door along with a premium whitening kit to give you brighter teeth and a set of retainers. If you choose to go to a Candid Studio, you can either book an appointment online or just walk in to begin the process.

You'll receive a free scan of your teeth and be shown an interactive 3D digital model of your teeth. Again, if your feedback indicates that you are approved, a treatment plan will be customized through your assigned orthodontist immediately. Candid will then deliver the premium teeth whitening kit and a set of clear retainers right to your door.

You may need to visit your dentist before ordering from Candid to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy enough to use clear plastic aligners.

Advanced Teledentistry

Because of Candid's advanced technology, every treatment program is closely supervised by a board-certified orthodontist. Meaning you'll never have to visit the dentist's office again to inquire about solutions for straighter teeth, (unless you want to). This helps people who typically fear those dentist visits to receive the proper help they need from licensed orthodontists professionals.

Candid's clear aligners are made with a thermoplastic called Zendura®; which is said to be stronger, more comfortable, and more transparent than clear aligners made from polyethylene terephthalate. Candid's aligners are also entirely free of BPAs, phthalates, and parabens.

To ensure its aligners are of the best quality and that customers have a positive experience, Candid's aligners are custom-crafted by experienced orthodontists and 3D-printed here in the U.S to ensure accuracy and proper fit of their finished products.

Pricing & Insurance Options

How much does Candid cost? Pricing options may vary by treatment, but the average cost of Candid aligners is $2,400. Candid seeks to make their braces affordable through flexible payment plan options and by working with your insurance provider. Customers who cannot afford to make an upfront payment can apply for financing through Candid's financing partner, Affirm. Eligible customers can qualify for installments payments as low as $99 per month for 24 months with 0 percent APR and 0 percent down.

Candid also offers its own payment option. Customers can apply for the new Candid payment plan that provides customization based on individual needs. This plan has a high acceptance rate with more than 99 percent of applicants being accepted. Plans start with an initial payment of $299 down and monthly payments as low as $79 over 36 months.

The cost of Candid treatment can be greatly reduced through insurance providers. Candid accepts HSAs or FSAs and is in-network with multiple insurance carriers including Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Empire Blue Cross. By funding your invisible braces through the use of your insurance and the Candid financing options, you could end up paying just a few hundred dollars for your invisible braces through Candid.

If you have the cash available to pay for your Candid kit in full, you can save money with the Buy It Now offer and get $300 off the normal cost of the Candid Aligner kit. You will get your full aligner kit in one box that includes a free starter kit, whitening foam, and your custom invisible aligners.

New CandidMonitoring Tech

Worth $350, Candid's new dental monitoring technology is included with every aligner treatment. As part of the new offering, when you receive your aligners, they will also come with the equipment you need to take a 3D scan of your teeth through Candid's smartphone app. An orthodontist will use these scans to take a look at your teeth to ensure your treatment is on track.

The orthodontist that creates your treatment plan will also be the one checking the progress of your scans through your invisible braces process, so you don't have to worry about speaking to multiple orthodontists throughout your journey. Your orthodontist will check in with you every 10-14 days to check the status of your teeth, give you instructions on the next steps, and tell you when to change Candid aligner.

This dental monitoring gives customers peace of mind that their invisible braces process is working as it should and the end product they are hoping for is still on track. It also makes sure customers are not alone in their journey and that they always have support as if they were regularly seeing an orthodontist in person.

Candid Studio Locations Available

Unlike most other invisible braces companies, Candid has studio locations you can visit to book a free consultation and teeth scan. There are more than 23 studio locations around the United States with more opening every day. All studios operate in accordance with ADA, CDC, and OSHA guidelines to protect customers and team members. Here is a list of Candid's current physical locations:

• Atlanta, Georgia
  • Livermore, California
  • West Hollywood, California
  • Long Beach, California

Positive Candid Reviews

More than 85 percent of Candid reviews are 5 stars with customers highlighting a quick and easy treatment process, great customer service, and fast results.

The Bad

• No Money-Back Guarantee
  • Does Not Treat Severe Cases

No Money-Back Guarantee

Candid doesn't offer any money-back guarantees options, however the company does guarantee customer satisfaction in a different way. If you feel that the aligners aren't working to give you straight teeth, or you are not getting the positive results that you hoped for, Candid will work with you to develop a new treatment plan, without additional charge — as long as a Candid affiliated orthodontist feels that a new treatment plan is advisable. Also, in the case that you are not eligible for Candid's teeth aligner services, you will receive a full refund.

Does Not Treat Severe Cases

Customers should be aware that Candid does not treat severe teeth misalignment issues, spacing issues and bite correction. If your treatment plan exceeds 16 sets of aligners, you are beyond Candid's scope and the company might recommend you straighten your teeth another way (such as traditional metal braces). However, if you have minor to moderate issues such as crooked teeth, protruding teeth, alignment or spacing issues, or discoloration, Candid can most likely help.

The Bottom Line

Candid is helping people get their perfect smile in a more affordable way. The company's three-step process is designed to get customers approved quickly and on their aligner journey fast, without having to spend hours at the dentist's office. Between the at-home options and flexible financing plans, Candid aims to make the invisible braces process as simple as possible.

Additionally, Candid has a strict policy when it comes to its dental professionals. Each professional must be a licensed orthodontist with at least 20 years of dental experience and at least 2-years of postdoctoral training with relation to teeth movement. Which means you'll be getting a quality product created just for you by a veteran professional.

Be aware that Candid might not be the right company for you. If your teeth demonstrate an extreme case of misalignment and crookedness, then perhaps metal braces, or the alternative, may be more suitable for you. You may require more orthodontic care than the company will currently provide. If you're not a candidate, you'll be refunded the cost of the impression kit.

Candid is a viable aligner company for those looking to straighten their teeth with clear teeth aligners. Although we recommend comparing this company to others in the industry to be sure you're getting the best treatment and price.

Check out Candid reviews below to read what customers are sharing about their experiences.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Jessica Bengtson McPherson, KS

I have been working with Candid now for over a year and a half. I love their customer service and their willingness to make sure their customers/patients are happy with their smile! In this time I have noticed that they have updated their quality of products and advanced their technology to better monitor their patients progress.

Candid Logo

Reply from Candid

Thanks for your feedback, Jessica! When you're happy, we're happy.

Apr. 9th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Alisha Garcia Albuquerque, NM

My experience with Candid has been life changing. It gave me the opportunity to fix my teeth when no one else would. Also even when I need help the customer service is amazing and they always make sure I understand what the process is and always do everything to make sure it is the best for me.

Candid Logo

Reply from Candid

Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing, Alisha. We really appreciate it.

Jul. 30th, 2021

Suguru Saito The Bronx, NY

Today i went in and talked with brooke in regards to the treatment plan and what i should expect. She helped me understand how candid works and how reliable they are. I do highly recommend this place for anyone just wanting to learn about the future they offer for your smile.

Anna Brooklyn, NY

The process was super easy and amazing. I went to a studio and first of all, it's gorgeous. It feels like you're walking into the Apple version of an orthodontist. They gave me a bottle of sparkling water and a cute toothbrush/toothpaste/lip balm when I got there then Fiona took my scans. Scans were easy and pretty cool and high tech. She was also super informative throughout each step, calming my nerves and answered all of my questions and made me feel so good about moving forward that I purchased it on the spot. I've now received my aligners and on my third aligner and it's been great! I don't even really notice they're in there, it doesn't mess up my speech in any way and my teeth are whiter already! So excited to complete my aligners and have the perfect, straight, pearly white smile!

Raphael San Francisco, CA

I’m still waiting for the product but I’m pretty confident it will work out. Of the treatment is half of personalized care they give you in the appointment it will be great. Anh, specially, is a very very attentive and assertive professional. I recommend you asking him to give you the whole overview of the product.

Lori Matthews Fort Worth, TX

I haven’t yet started my treatment but I wanted to leave a quick review on the process up to ordering. It was so perfectly streamlined. I am in a very rural area so it’s difficult for me to get to see a good orthodontist. Having Candid shipped to my house was great and the complete communication with Candid has been impeccable. I cannot wait to get my set!

Dejanai Strassner Oakland, TN

I dont normally leave reviews, but Candid has the best customer service I've seen in awhile. Very quick with shipping, responses, and providing explanations. This process has been so easy and fun and its very affordable. My teeth got noticebly straighter anf whiter in just 2 weeks! Im on aligner 3/15 now and im excited to see the end result. Definitely recommend to all my friends and family.

Norman Londono Washington, DC

Mackenzie was spectacular! She made me feel comfortable and put me at ease before the process started. This helped me to focus on the process and the important questions she asked me that were relevant to my future smile. Brooke and Janelle were awesome at the front desk with a stress free payment process and they answered a few last minute questions I had. The office was beautiful, clean and everyone practiced safe hygiene, mask wearing and social distancing. Candid on the upper East side is DEFINITELY recommended!!!

Charde Perry Minneapolis, MN

From beginning to end they are kind and ready to help u with any questions you may have. The guy who greeted me at the office was wonderful and Ashley who did all my scans was so... thorough and kind! Not to mention the price is mind blowing! This was my 3rd clear alignment place and was quoted less than 1/2 of the price! I'm happy to get started -Chardé

Nalejislife Tampa, FL

I came to candid to have a consultation to fix my smile which I've felt a bit self conscious about for some time now. I usually get anxiety over going to the dentist but the entire experience at candid was so pleasant from start to end. From the check in process to my attendant, Jocelyn, & she was so professional & so nice & explained everything to me as it was being performed & made me feel so comfortable. By the end of my visit i felt well informed & confident i was making the right decision to fix my smile. I will be recommending them to everyone.

KEW Austin, TX

Candid offers invisible teeth aligners that cost half of what I would have to pay compared to the last orthodontist I went to see. The staff at the Candid studio were able to answer all the questions I had regarding my treatment plan. I can rest assure I'm getting quality orthodontic care at a great value. Also, the remote monitoring and shipping of the provided products takes the hassle out of going to the orthodontist on a regular basis. I definitely recommend Candid as the quality choice for teeth straightening.

Morgan Lee

Just finished my first appointment at Candid! I couldn't be happier with the whole process. Corey + Zyriek were very welcoming and informative. Cory was kind enough to share his experience with aligners. It was nice getting a realistic take from someone who has gone through it. Zyriek was very patient and answered my questions perfectly. I can definitely say I'm walking out feeling very excited about this journey!

Hideki Houston, TX

Breeya What an amazing specialist!!!! I came in very skeptical as my previous experience with others. Her detail oriented professionalism, passion…. Absolutely amazing. I was not going to get anything today… her professionalism changed all. I am all for Candid!!! Thank you for giving me this opportunity for a bright future!!! Breeya, candid, you guys are changing my world for better!!!

Patrick Huygen Houston, TX

I was impressed with the professionalism and genuine interest in my comfort and thoroughly explaining everything clearly and honestly. Working with Ashley and Omari was amazing, they are truly professionals and love what they are doing. I am extremely happy that I went in, instead, to have my teeth x-rayed and scanned. That made all the difference. I'm looking forward to what my treatment will do for me.

Connie Goldman Northport, NY

I have found working with Candid to be a very easy process. Every staff member that I’ve dealt with has been pleasant , enthusiastic, and helpful. I am about a month and a half into my treatment and I’ve had questions along the way. Candid responsiveness is immediate. I really like that they have an orthodontist who looks at your case to ensure you’re getting the best treatment possible. I would definitely recommend their service. The price is well worth it too. I would’ve paid three times as much locally.

Tiana Hollomon San Francisco, CA

I normally have so much anxiety going to the dentist. I had a few really bad experiences that have made it hard for me to go back even for yearly checkups and cleanings. I’ve wanted to straighten my teeth for years but have put it off until now. Alexis made me feel right at ease and explained everything in a quick and friendly way. She made sure to stop and ask every now and then if I had any questions which made me even more comfortable. I was nervous when I first came in not knowing what to expect and I’m leaving feeling excited and ready for my new smile journey! Thanks Alexis for being so kind and professional. I can tell she’s really passionate about the work she does and helping people reach their ultimate smile goals !

Tos Balogun Corona, CA

I am so happy to have been partnered with Shayla is my Candid representative. I had such the hardest time getting my FSA debit card to work and that resulted in several rescheduled payment appointments with Shayla. I would say it took us at least four appointments to get everything squared away, but through it all, Shayla kept a positive attitude and she was super super patient! I never felt rushed, or pressured, and she was so kind and understanding. She even stayed on the phone with me as I connected her to my FSA department on a three-way call. She is such an asset to the Candid team and I couldn't have asked for a better person to kick off my Candid journey with! Thank you thank you thank you Shayla; you're very much appreciated!

Mandi Colorado Springs, CO

Candid is the perfect alternative to in office orthodontic care. From the very beginning, someone was available to help me make sure my experience was top rated. I had a REAL person messaging and offering to answer questions throughout the whole impression process! The person even offered to help me fix and initial photo I took poorly by simply texting it to them and they updated it in minutes! After receiving my kit and starting my process, I had customer service at my finger tips through the app. Although the process of adjusting my teeth itself is painful at times, the company and it's support system are ALWAYS a positive and caring part of the experience.

Out god Rockville, MD

The Candid Support Person was very knowledgeable in what he was saying at the Rockville Location and was even able to help me get a Military Discount and other Discounts due to my in person visit 5/5 recommended

jacob greene Pasadena, TX

Tatiana could not have been any better!! Explainations were thorough and she made sure my comfort was prority. I didn't necessarily walk in ready to commit to a purchase. However Tatiana's care and the whole feel of the clinic sold it. Thank you so much for your help. I'm so excited for my teeth's future.

Charlie Ann Burns Oakton, VA

DC Location - Everyone was so nice and sociable, they answered any and all of the questions I had! They thoroughly explained how everything worked, and went in depth over the whole process, including how the at home stuff really worked. They really made me excited for this and I’m so glad I decided to go with Candid over anyone else.

Steven Wines Houston, TX

Absolutely wonderful experience. The consultant that assisted me, Ashley, was extremely knowledgeable about the process and was extremely courteous. Not only did she answer my basic questions, she answered what I considered complex treatment questions.

Dina Acevedo Graham Medford, MA

Great customer service! They answered all of my questions between the initial consult and evaluation to the telephone call with the rep going over everything. Looking forward to continuing getting this great service through my aligners treatment!

Jordan Rosip Allen Park, MI

they did an amazing job explaining how each and every step worked! they made me feel very comfortable and at ease with learning about the device used to scan the teeth and even down to the 12 steps and scanning device! would highly recommend this to anyone!!

Dakota Lowery Centreville, VA

Davey was amazing. He explained everything so well and he was gentle. He did great scans of my teeth and everything was done within an hour. Efficient, easy to understand, and hospitable. Overall wonderful experience. Thanks Davey

Alyssa Guerra Houston, TX

Amazing experience! Breeya was so nice and helpful and answered all the questions I had. I was very nervous walking in because I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I left feeling confident that this company will do everything they say they will.

Zoe Parkinson Rockville, MD

I had an appointment at the Rockville location. The place is clean and the followed the Covid procedures to the letter. I waited a littlein the lobby but someone continued to come out and check-in on me. The staff knows the product and procedure very well. I recommend coming here for your dental needs.

Benjamin Shiwala Chelmsford, MA

I’m having a great experience with candid. People are noticing my great results. Also, the whitening foam serves its purpose when it comes to clean the aligners and keep them fresh. My only concern is that it doesn’t whiten my teeth, therefore I’m using a competitor to whiten them.

Fajita1985 Tejeda Kissimmee, FL

Payment and Shayla both answered my questions and concerns about receiving my aligners plus whiting kit. I love the convenience of doing it myself. I work 2 jobs and go to school don't have time to go to appointments. I love the fact that if your aligners aren't fitting correctly they will do them again no charge

NicoleJ Brooklyn, NY

Came to UES location in NY. Gorgeous, spotless office. Worked with Brooke and every step of the process was simple, calm and kinda cool and futuristic. The experience was honestly lovely and I am super excited for the beautiful white straight teeth that will finally be mine!

Angela Harris TX

I love that this company prides themselves on customer service and making sure clients are happy and assured! My dental assistant was Amber and she was great with walking me through the process. She was super friendly and answered all of my questions! I left feeling educated and excited for the process!

alexis stephens Fort Worth, TX

I came into the office and was met with friendly customer service! My dental assistant was Amber and she was extremely nice and answered all my questions. She made the scanning process easy and comfortable. Overall I am very excited to start my candid journey!

Justin Brits Fort Worth, TX

I arrived to the Dallas studio and a pleasant woman greeted me at the door. I really appreciate how helpful Amber was and how she was able to make me feel so comfortable. She was very thorough in guiding me through the Candid process. She had a smile on underneath her mask the whole time! The rest of the crew were wonderful as well. Amazing company and really cool technology that I have not seen before. I can’t say enough good things about my experience. Thank you Amber!!!

Lea Beatriz Los Angeles, CA

Such excellent customer service! I’ve had Invisalign before, but it’s been years since. My teeth have slightly shifted again, so I wanted to do some adjustments to perfect my smile and bite. I decided to take a chance with Candid. The staff was very accommodating, and Nathan was so great! He kept me smiling, and really got me excited to start my journey with Candid! They’re immensely detailed and articulate when it comes to analyzing your teeth to best fit your treatment. Overall wonderful experience. Can’t wait!

Hayley Hurley North Kingstown, RI

The ability to be seen in the Candid Studio to discuss the process, be scanned and x-rayed in-house was fantastic. Tracey was friendly, professional and put me at ease answering all my questions. She is a credit to the Candid team. I ultimately chose Candid as the whole process is monitored by an orthodontist, and is financially manageable compared to Invisalign.

ru story Columbus, OH

Im on step 3. And I’m seeing amazing results. It seems like I even seen amazing results even with the first step. My teeth are straightening and gap are surely closing! Teeth are just looking great overall. If you ever wasn’t sure about Invisalign and questioned if it even worked, I hope this review leaves you with relief and clarity. Cause it def works. And my teeth are otw to optimal results !

Tonya Fenton Voorheesville, NY

I started my journey before the remote monitoring I think had I started with the remote monitoring it would not have taken quite as long or have had as many refinements. but now that I have the remote I feel like things are on the right track. My teeth are so close to being done and have come such a long way with my bottom teeth being crowded and my top teeth being a little spacey.

Claire Wang Queens, NY

My first time getting aligners and I’m so glad I chose Candid after doing research. The NoHo location is very convenient, it’s located inside the Mount Sinai building. Everyone were so professional yet friendly and sweet. Liv walked me through every step of the way in getting my teeth scanned and answered all my questions. Looking forward to a better smile, thank you Candid!

Luisa G.C. New York, NY

People listen- actually, read here...this place is absolutely amazing! And no, I’m not just saying that to be nice. This is my first time visiting, actually made a last-minute appointment, and everything from beginning to end was exceptional. And, no, keep reading... I am not a fan of any dental visit- just everything about them normally get me antsy. But, this was so NOT the case here at Candid. Just amazing customer service, super easy x-ray done, ridiculously super fast 3-D pictures, the explanation of the treatment, and all. Bobby was super professional, so friendly, super efficient, and just the absolute best! But the whole team was really welcoming and so warm and efficient and everything you are looking for when you go for any service visit. And nope, I am not a paid reviewer or advertiser, or anything of the sort. I am loving this experience. I cannot wait until I get my aligners, and I think I’ll do an update here once I get them! Super excited about all of it! If you are reading this because you’re thinking about it, seriously just make a appointment. You will not regret it!

Arron Hall Washington, DC

It was pleasant. The tech was friendly and knowledgeable, he took his time to go over everything and made sure I understood the information

Regina Toliver Spring, TX

I had an awesome experience with the Emma. She was very knowledgeable and help me greatly through the setup process. I can't wait to receive my new aligners!

Jerin Varghese Ellicott City, MD

Process was smooth and quick. The care specialist Daphne in Rockville explained the whole process clearly and made sure I understood what I was going through.

Carlos Vásquez Hyattsville, MD

Everyone was really nice and knowledgeable! It was a really exciting experience to finally get my smile fixed. Owen was very kind and they even gave me a a tote bag as a souvenir!

Armando Mejia Miami, FL

The customer service was amazing. Joslyn took the time to explain every question I had. She had a extensive knowledge of her job. I would truly recommend to everyone of my friends

Monica Munoz Chicago, IL

Would highly recommend to anyone looking for an efficient, cost effective way to fix dental alignment issues! If you are a candidate, and are able to self-manage well, this is it!

Hilary Collins Oceanside, CA

I love that Candid was helpful and quick with response time as soon as I purchased my starter kit. Shayla was very friendly and made me feel comfortable about making my purchase.

Atika Khalid New York, NY

We had an amazing experience at Candid! Bri and Jenelle were extremely knowledgeable and made the process very easy. I’m so excited to get our Aligners! Also the space is gorgeous very futuristic vibes! Thanks ladies!

Elyssa Simon Tampa, FL

Sam is absolutely an asset to your company. She is so knowledgeable and has such an uplifting energetic attitude today was more than a good experience, it was a pleasure, I had fun.

Jessica Mitchell Sag Harbor, NY

I’m at the beginning of treatment on my second set of aligners. Candid has been so easy to use and I feel like I’m already seeing progress! The customer service team has been very supportive! Five Stars!!!!

Lauren Hernandez Houston, TX

Leo has the best patient care I’ve ever experienced. He explained everything in detail and answered all of my questions. On top of that, he has the most upbeat personality. He make this experience so easy and pleasant.