SmileDirectClub

8.2

SmileDirectClub is one of the largest and most affordable doctor-directed clear aligner (invisible braces) companies in the dental industry. While other large companies will require visits to a dental professional, SmileDirectClub provides a completely “monthly office visit free” experience at a fraction of the cost. It created the world's first teledentistry platform for teeth straightening, which enables its network of more than 250 state-licensed dentists and orthodontists to connect with customers virtually.

Beginning in 2014, SmileDirectClub has helped over one million people in 11 worldwide markets straighten their teeth and transform their smiles without the discomfort of conventional metal brackets and wires. It's a global leader in direct-to-consumer clear aligner therapy.

With hundreds of SmileShops, and over a thousand Partner Network locations, and thousands of team members across the globe, SmileDirectClub is experiencing rapid growth.

The Good

• SmileDirectClub Cost
  • Straighter Teeth in 6 Months
  • Nighttime Straightening Option
  • Easy 3-Step Process
  • Flexible Pricing Options
  • Teen Treatment
  • Ships Internationally
  • Club Warranty
  • Customer Support
  • SmileDirectClub Reviews
  • Oral Care and Whitening Products

SmileDirectClub Cost

SmileDirectClub charges $1,950 for one-time payments — slightly lower than the average cost for the industry (cost may vary based on country and currency).

If customers want to pay monthly payments, they make a $250 one-time deposit along with $89 per month for 24 months. Making monthly payments does end up being a bit more expensive than paying all at once, totaling $2,386. This cost averages to about $3 a day throughout the duration of the treatment, which is up to 60 percent less than the price of traditional braces.

This price, however, does not include a retainer set, which costs an additional $99.

SmileDirectClub is slightly cheaper than other companies within the clear aligners and clear braces industry. This is especially true if you factor in that SmileDirectClub's treatment does not require you to make regular visits to a dental office, so you save on office visit costs.

SmileDirectClub’s prices are much cheaper than traditional metal braces, which can cost around $5,000 without insurance and around $3,500 with insurance.

Straighter Teeth in 6 Months

The duration of each customer’s teeth alignment process will vary due to the severity of misalignment. On average, SmileDirectClub can straighten a customer’s teeth between four and six months of treatment. This is done by wearing SmileDirectClub aligners (a clear plastic retainer) 22 hours a day for a designated amount of time. This is generally quite a bit quicker than metal braces and traditional orthodontic care.

Nighttime Straightening Option

SmileDirectClub now offers an even simpler way to straighten teeth — SmileDirectClub Nighttime Aligners, aligners that only need to be worn in the evenings. For those who are not feeling excited to commit to 22 hours of aligner wearing per day, these new Nighttime Aligners are the solution. Those who opt for the nighttime option are only committed to wear the aligners for 10 continuous hours a day, most of which should be while you are asleep. Because of the shortened daily wear time, the overall process will take a bit longer, averaging around 10 months.

Easy 3-Step Process

There are three steps in the straightening process at SmileDirectClub. This process is similar to most other clear aligners.

1. Making an impression of the teeth — SmileDirectClub will make a 3D image of the customer’s teeth to prepare different sets of clear plastic aligners to straighten the teeth.

The 3D image is made in one of two ways: customers can visit one of SmileDirectClub’s SmileShops or partner network dentists for a free 3D scan of their teeth or pay $59 for SmileDirectClub to send an impression kit to the customers’ homes, which walks customers through taking an impression of their teeth by holding plastic trays with a tasteless putty in their mouth. This creates an impression mold of the customer's teeth so the company can create a 3D representation.

2. Completing the treatment — SmileDirectClub aligners will be produced that are specifically designed for each customer and sent to their house. Each set of aligners will be worn for a predetermined time, with each set becoming increasingly straighter, aligning the customer’s crooked teeth along the way.

One of the company's more than 250 state-licensed dentists or orthodontists will monitor your progress via regular virtual check-ins. The treating doctor will track progress remotely, eliminating the need for in-person visits.

3. Purchasing a retainer — Once the teeth are straightened and the treatment is finished, customers will need to purchase a set of retainers for $99 to be worn at night, so the straight teeth don’t move out of place again.

SmileDirectClub recommends that customers purchase a new set of retainers every six months.

Flexible Pricing Options

So how can you pay for SmileDirectClub?

There are two payment options and costs for clear aligner treatment. You can pay all at once, or you can pay monthly. Monthly payments do not require a credit check.

• $1,950 for a one-time payment
  • $89 monthly payments, totaling $2,386 (this includes the $250 down payment)

SmileDirectClub accepts payment through Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and CareCredit. The company is also in-network with most major dental insurance companies, which means customers can often cover on average 50 percent of their treatment with insurance. Depending on your dental insurance plan, this may come as a reimbursement through your insurance provider.

Teen Treatment

In July 2020, SmileDirectClub launched a new treatment catered specifically for teens. The new SmileDirectClub treatment plan includes a patented aligner case with Tile bluetooth tracking so that teens will have a harder time misplacing aligners. In the event that aligners are lost, the Lost Aligner Protection Program is available to make sure that replacement aligners are expedited and treatment won’t be delayed.

SmileDirectClub is also adding new features to its telehealth program, such as aligner change and doctor check-in notifications for both teens and their parents. Teens with mild to moderate malocclusion can get started on their smile journey by requesting a doctor-prescribed impression kit.

Ships Internationally

SmileDirectClub is currently available in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, UK, Germany, Austria, Singapore, Spain, and Hong Kong.

Club Warranty

All customers receive their SmilePlan, or a 3D view of their treatment plan, within 72 hours of their scan appointment or impression kit return. Aligners are custom-made and shipped to the customer within about five weeks depending on the country.

Customers have up until 30 days after receiving their aligners to return them for a full refund. If customers aren’t satisfied with their results, SmileDirectClub offers free re-evaluations and can provide additional aligners. This is at no cost if SmileDirectClub is notified within 30 days of treatment ending.

SmileDirectClub also offers free aligner touch-ups for life if a customer notices their teeth moving out of place. This Lifetime Smile Guarantee is only valid if customers purchase two sets of retainers a year after finishing treatment.

Customer Support

SmileDirectClub offers 24/7 customer support via phone, chat, video, text, and email. The company has a dental team that is available via phone, email, chat, and video to assist with concerns, such as fit issues, progress concerns, or general treatment questions.

SmileDirectClub Reviews

BestCompany.com has collected hundreds of reviews from verified SmileDirectClub customers. Overall, SmileDirectClub has a 4.0 rating with most customers very happy with their final results. Other customers cited the convenience, affordability, quick results, and customer support as key points in their high ratings. Check out this video review from Monica, one of SmileDirectClub's recent customers.

Oral Care and Whitening Products

In addition to providing a cost-effective teeth straightening option, SmileDirectClub has expanded into oral care products. The company offers items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, water flossers, and even a UV cleaning machine.

SmileDirectClub includes teeth whitening products in its teeth straightening treatment packages at no extra cost. Other companies in the industry will charge extra if you want to include whitening products. This is only available in the United States and Canada.

These products are also widely available in the United States through SmileDirectClub's website and at Walmart (United States only). All products come highly rated on both Walmart and SmileDirectClub’s websites. SmileDirectClub is the only clear aligner brand to offer a one-stop shop of oral care products.

The Bad

• Down Payment Required
  • Retainer Not Included
  • Some Customer Service Issues

Down Payment Required

SmileDirectClub requires a $250 down payment to begin its monthly payment plan. On top of the cost for the at-home impression kit, it could cost customers around $299 to sign up for SmileDirectClub.

Retainer Not Included

Not only must you pay $99 for a set of retainers at SmileDirectClub, but the company recommends that you buy a new one every six months in order to keep your teeth straight.

Customers should also note that while SmileDirectClub does offer a smile guarantee, you have to order two sets of retainers each year to maintain that guarantee.

Some Customer Service Issues

Some customers have expressed frustration with SmileDirectClub’s customer service, often having to wait a long time before getting in contact with a representative to resolve their problems. Other customers have expressed their aligners caused discomfort to their teeth and gums. That being said, straightening your teeth requires teeth to be moved, so some discomfort, especially early on, is to be expected.

The Bottom Line

SmileDirectClub is the largest in-home clear aligners provider in the country and claims to represent around 95 percent of the doctor-directed at-home clear aligner industry. With over 6,300 team members and more than 390 SmileShops, the company provides invisible braces for a price slightly lower than the industry average. The average time for treatment is also about average, with most treatments ranging from four to six months. SmileDirectClub offers a standard daily wear aligner as well as nighttime aligners and a special treatment bundle for teens.

In addition to each clear aligner treatment, SmileDirectClub also provides teeth whitening to each of its customers and a warranty. If within 30 of treatment a customer isn’t satisfied with their smile, they can contact SmileDirectClub and receive a free re-evaluation. This warranty combined with 24/7 customer service makes SmileDirectClub a great option. The downfalls are that after treatment customers must pay for retainers at $99 a pair to keep teeth straight after treatment and that it’s recommended customers buy those every six months to keep the smile guarantee. And although SmileDirectClub’s customer service is available 24/7, some customers have noticed long wait times to get in contact with a representative.

Diane Kuciel Lancaster, NY

Lexi was AWESOME! She explained the process, the pricing and timeline. She was careful and professional as she did the imaging. I could also feel the Lexi genuinely liked the company and product and was personally hopeful about my outcomes. Based on my initial experiences, I am recommending others consider Smile Direct as they discern the best avenue for their orthodonture needs.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We are grinning from ear to ear. Thank you for the support, Diane. We are always here for you!

Aretha carrington Ellicott City, MD

Smile direct was awesome they walked me through my experience with my impression kit they kept me updated with all what I needed to know about my next step I’m very satisfied with my experience with them so far waiting on my alingers yes thanks again

Reply from SmileDirectClub

This is why we do what we do. Thank you for the feedback, Aretha!

anwilder Tucson, AZ

So far I really like SmileDirectClub my teeth are already looking better. The first month The aligners were really uncomfortable and I had to make a lot of adjustments to where they were rubbing my gums, but after that I got used to them and the rest of it was pretty smooth. In the end my teeth do not alone correctly my molars do not come together and I can’t use my front teeth to bite together with which is why I am working to get an adjustment.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thank you so much for sharing!

Jul. 27th, 2021

Benjamin Maldonado Coram, NY

I had a pleasant visit, it was quick, easy and most of all welcoming. Thank you smile direct. Ps more pop ups are needed there are many more people in Long Island that need your services this far out.

8 hours ago

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Benjamin, we're delighted to read your review!

J Mack La Grange Park, IL

I enjoyed the visit it was very informative and she was very polite. Didn't know what to expect or how much it cost. Do you need to save a couple of thousand but I'll be back to get it done

Reply from SmileDirectClub

J, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

Yoshida Berry Richmond, VA

The fact that everything is so modern and quick! All staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The only reason 4 stars and not 5 is because I was offered free whiting to be told there were no lights available. So I didn’t get my whiting light or a follow up.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thank you for the feedback, Yoshida!

Laura Bailey Beverly Hills, FL

so very quick and easy to get the kit, make the impressions, took almost 2 weeks to hear from them after I sent impressions back, but they are all very, very friendly and knowledgeable when you call them. they have answered any questions I have had. And the Digital Treatment Plan to view, is simply amazing. It looks exactly like my teeth now. I am ready to call, pay and get my kit and get started. I am so excited!!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We are loving your enthusiasm, Laura! This means the world to us – thank you so much.

Christy Slatton Port Orchard, WA

Love the product. Customer service a bit lacking. Emailed not reply. Live chat no follow through and pretty sure it was an AI responding to me. Waited a week then called and talked with a live person. Finally got the result I needed but then delivery was slow. Was notified of delay but the gap in time with my treatment plan is disappointing. The delivery time on initial impression kits was within 24-48 hours. The revision kit took over a week once I finally got customer service to follow through. Now I am waiting weeks for my new liners and I have had to wear my current liners going on 5 weeks. They smell and are cracking but I don’t want my teeth to drift while I wait for my revision. Hope my feedback will help future clients receive service faster than I experienced.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Christy, We are very sorry for all the inconvenience. Please contact us via email at [email protected] and we will do everything we can to assist you.

Jul. 7th, 2021

K. Welch Westland, MI

I was pleasantly surprised at the time, attention, detail & technology that has gone into the development of the SmileDirectClub at home system. I left my 1 & only SmileDirect in office visit to receive my aligners feeling confident that all of my teeth & gum alignment goals will be achieved. Without the need of another in office visit. The SmileDirect technician was polite, thorough & knowledgeable of the SmileDirectClub system & how it will work for my specific dental needs & concerns. I was thoroughly impressed with the entire layout of the SmileDirectClub system. Kudos to everyone that takes part in making SmileDirect Club the amazing at home dental alignment system it is! Sincerely, K. Welch

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi K, thank you so much for the positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. Our customers help us to constantly learn and improve what we do. I'm so glad the SmileShop visit was a great one and will pass on the feedback to our shop managers!

Christen Zimmerman Sunbury, PA

Very pushy with trying to get my to buy right then and there when I told them numerous times I wanted to see the scan and length of treatment before committing. My husband had an appointment after which was delayed by over 40 minutes. He never got his prepaid Visa card mailed to him either.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi, Christen. It's always our goal to provide helpful and effective service to all our customers. Please give us a call, and we'd be happy to assist further.

Jennifer Ryan Canyon Country, CA

I was promised I'd have a consultation with a dentist to discuss my treatment...but never got the call. They charged my credit card and shipped out my aligners...I followed the return process exactly as they said, but the "window" as to when I can receive my refund has now changed 3 times. When I call, I get promised a return call but I have never received one. I've gotten two identical emails asking for documentation to support getting my refund...but they never respond when I question that...I have been waiting a month for my full refund and keep getting the "polite" runaround by the customer service agents. I do NOT recommend getting involved with SDC. My opinion would change if someone just read this, reached out to me, and made sure I got my refund. Then, they could schedule a phone call with a dentist so I can actually understand my treatment plan before I pay almost $2000.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hello Jennifer, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far, and we would like to learn more. In order for us to best assist, please reach out to me directly at [email protected] Best, Toni

Melissa Rumford, ME

The impression kit experience was GREAT! The kit itself ended up costing me nothing, because I got my cash rebated upon return! The kit came VERY fast. The instructions were very simple. It took no time at all to come up with my treatment plan! They even had a local dentist handle my plan! SO excited to get started!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Melissa, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at SmileDirectClub. We're so happy to read this!

Jul. 19th, 2021

Edward Valkenaar Castle Rock, WA

I had a good experience with smile direct club assistance treated me with friendliness relaxed atmosphere that there's no pressure sales everything is a complimentary exam I decided to go with the smile direct company they're hip and and they're rocking the dental world because they're not a money minded company, but rather a people minded company. Smiledirectclub is a 21st century dental orthodontics company that cares about people for the best price best services and product.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Edward, thank you so much for your positive comments about SmileDirectClub

Diana Karpowicz Miami, FL

The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. The overall experience is unique too given that you see your teeth in front of you to see what you have now before the new smile will change it for the best! I am so excited to start the process. Loved my gift goodies as well

Reply from SmileDirectClub

This is exactly what we're here for, Diana! Thank you so much.

a Schneider Cheshire, OR

The impression package I was sent was the wrong kind for a person just starting your program. The pamphlet that was in the box said something like “it’s not uncommon to need a readjustment during your treatment send these and get back on track”. I however haven’t had impressions from you guys before and it was confusing as it didn’t come with instructions on how to take the impressions. I had to search videos on how to take impressions and when I watched your video they referred to instructions that my box didn’t have. I was still able to take great impressions however just wish I received the right box for them :)

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi A, thank you so much for the positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. Our customers help us to constantly learn and improve what we do.

Nyla C. Edison, NJ

After losing my retainer with traditional braces, my teeth quickly shifted back. I didn't want to go back to braces as an adult, mostly for financial reason. I turned to SmileDirectClub. For a lot less than traditional aligner treatment, SmileDirectClub gave me the freedom to live my life—free to travel, free to eat whatever I want, and free from inconvenient check-ups.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi there, Nyla. Thank you for this awesome review!

Jun. 23rd, 2021

Rachel Herkey Niagara Falls, NY

I was alittle uncomfortable at first and had some concerns of my own. After speaking with customer service with a gentlemen named Josh, I felt so much more better and secure about this process! After speaking with Josh he transferred me to speak with a licensed Orthodontist to address some of my concerns and after speaking with her, I felt even more Positive about choosing Smile Direct Club! Both customer service representatives addressed and answered all my questions and made sure by the end of the call that I was satisfied and asked if I had any more questions. I didn’t feel rushed or judged, they made me feel really great about my new journey and I couldn’t be more excited! Thankyou smile direct club!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Rachel, we are so happy to read such a great review about SmileDirectClub!

Jun. 3rd, 2021

Bill Y Harrisburg, PA

I've had Invisaline correctors. They are much harder to deal with. My dentist did not remove the anchors until three months after I completed. Invisaline changed their policy from direct ordering of maintance to having to order from the dentist. He insisted on a costly exam and the cost of the maintenance retainers were three hundred percent more. With Smile Direct Club, I had issues half way through the program. I was sent a complete new set of aligners. The maintance aligners come directly from Smile Direct with out a costly dental appointment on a yearly basis and are less expensive.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Happy to hear it! We love providing a cost-effective option for our customers. Thanks, Bill.

Shantell Brooklyn, NY

I would definitely recommend them to anyone. They really work because my teeth were really bad and they look awesome now. They give you lip balm and whitening so that's good and whenever you call them they have someone on the phone--even if you don't get them right away, they call you back and they always make sure that they help you before you get off the line. My experience with them is really good.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thank you again for taking the time to share a review! We truly appreciate the support.

Anonymous Columbia, PA

SmileDirectClub has comfortable prices--it was half the price of two other places that I looked at. Most of the time when I need another extra adjustment they always reply quick and send all the pieces that I need to continue with the treatment. I like that you can take it off and eat and then clean your teeth without food floating between braces and brackets. An advantage is that it's soft--it's not something metal in your mouth.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.

Dwayne Hercules, CA

My plan didn't work out the first 4 to 6 months but I didn't have to pay anything more to get an additional plan after that and I just felt supported by the people who contacted me and I know it was very difficult because of COVID-19. It's been real good using invisible braces, they have provided me with insight regarding getting your teeth aligned. For my children, I paid several thousand dollars for braces, and I wish I had known about about SmileDirectClub before because I would have gotten better prices.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Dwayne, thank you so much for your positive comments about SmileDirectClub

Amy Siebrecht Ocala, FL

I'm only in my first week of the aligners but so far am very pleased. The 3d scan experience was actually fun (who would have thought) and my aligners came sooner than expected. As the brochures warn, the aligners are a little rough around some edges but the file and time work wonders. The first couple days I felt like I couldn't handle the lower tray and it almost had a gag effect. Now it doesn't bother me. So, if you get into this and the first couple days seem overwhelming, don't worry, you just have to give it time. Smile Direct has engineered a truly awesome project and I just love that I can have the entire remainder of my treatment in the comfort of my own home.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We are loving your enthusiasm, Amy! This means the world to us – thank you so much.

Jan. 12th, 2021

Daniel Burkhard Antioch, CA

The Ladies in the office were super nice and easy to talk to. They made me feel completely comfortable. Overall I would definitely recommend!!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Daniel, thank you so much for taking the time to share! We truly appreciate seeing this on our page.

Jul. 30th, 2021

Dylan Shackelton Stanfordville, NY

After you send in the impression kit, they relentlessly harass you. I'm talking about 2-3 calls a day, 7-10 text messages a day. And more emails than I can keep track of. I told them about 2 dozen times that I am a first responder. That I work 80 hours a week for minimum wage, speeding all over the county responding to 911 emergencies. I need my phone line to be open. And as soon as I have the money, I will order them. Well now they're telling me that if I don't order them by tomorrow, they're going to delete my account. And if I want them later, I'll have to do that whole impression process and everything from the start all over again. Oh, and I never got the cost of the impression kit reimbursed like they said I would when I returned it. I've had enough. They have been such a huge pain, I'd rather save and pay more. And go somewhere else.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hello Dylan, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far. If there is anything we can do to help, please send us an email at [email protected] Best, Toni

Bambi Philadelphia, PA

Erica was great. She was knowledgeable when explaining to me the process about getting my new smile. She made me feel comfortable and at ease when scanning my teeth for the mold.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Bambi, thank you for the high star rating!

Anne Michelle Perkins North Las Vegas, NV

I loved their convenient location for my appointment. The facility is clean and organized. Everyone was kind and helpful. I’m just waiting on my insurance to begin my membership.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We're so happy to see this review. Thank you so much!

Destney Higgins Dallas, TX

Everybody is so friendly and has good vibes! I love this place and I love the person who helped me she was amazing and so sweet I have already told everyone about my experience.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Destney, we love seeing this!

John Craft Fort Worth, TX

I have enjoyed the progress made. However, the upper retainer did not fit my teethe because it belongs to someone else. I contacted your company via the chat feature in the app and was told 4-5 weeks to get the proper set plus $29 for the impressions. In my opinion, a screw up should be corrected immediately and not have to wait 4-5 weeks! I understand 4-5 days. Now I’m wearing the last aligner that isn’t designed to be worn this long. Hopefully my teeth don’t move much while I have to wait.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi John. We're concerned to see this, as we take pride in the attention that our customer care team devotes to all communication efforts. In order to better assist you, please reach out to us directly at [email protected] . Thank you.

Jul. 8th, 2021

Sebastian Garcia Tampa, FL

They explain the process and make it so easy to understand. I 110% recommend doing the scan at the store instead of sending your mold. Dee was so amazing & explained the process from start to finish, I couldn’t think of one question!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thanks so much for the review! We work hard to make sure every customer has the best experience in the best environment, and we are happy to see that reflected in this review.

Eli Cano Indio, CA

The experience thus far is great. When you want to get that smile fixed, they’re on it and they really get in touch with you so you can get assistance and satisfaction during the process. I can’t wait to see how my smile will turn out 😌

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Eli, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it's always our goal to give customers an informative and exciting experience. Thank you so much.

David Champion Pharr, TX

The foremost positive would be the staff, Miranda was fantastic, knowledgeable, and truly gifted at her position. She addressed each of my concerns for my dental situation and I'm confident of the improvements to be made when I begin my treatment. The office manager was incredible too! Thank you so much!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

David, we're proud of our team – thank you so much for the shout-out!

Jun. 30th, 2021

Sabrina Concepcion McGrath Philadelphia, PA

The woman at the front desk, Erica I believe, was very nice and got me back to my smile guide as quick as possible. My smile guide, Emma, was phenomenal!! She was very informative and knowledgeable about smile direct club, she related to my struggles with my teeth, and was so passionate about helping people improve their smile! Highly recommend!!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Sabrina, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at SmileDirectClub!

Jun. 30th, 2021

Pahja Gaddie Brooklyn, NY

Just had my in person appointment so I haven't gotten my aligners yet, and to be honest I only showed up for the free whitening kit. But my experience with the rep, Genesis was fantastic and solidified that I will be following through with my purchase. Her effort and knowledge made me feel like this was really something I could do for myself.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Pahja, thank you so much for the positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. Our customers help us to constantly learn and improve what we do. I'm so glad the SmileShop visit was a great one and will pass on the feedback to our shop managers!

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Arla Bohnet Casper, WY

The anticipation is killing me, but you guys have been wonderful about sending emails and texts updating me on the status of everything. I’m still super nervous but so excited!!! Thank you for keeping me up to date with all the moves you’re making on my new smile 😁

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We are loving your enthusiasm, Arla! This means the world to us – thank you so much.

Jun. 14th, 2021

Godmother Doula Dallas, TX

SDC has been so good to me since the moment I started. The atmosphere at the office was really caring and made me fell welcomed. They answered all my questions and I felt secure about my treatment plan. I left the office with a gift, which made my experience even more memorable. Going to the office for teeth scanning went exactly above and beyond my expectations. I'm completely satisfied.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Happy to hear this, Doula! We appreciate that you took the time to share some kind words.

Jun. 1st, 2021

Jasmine Ote Mount Laurel, NJ

Even though I had made few adjustments because I wasn’t really satisfied with my teeth’s end results . The customer service was great on the phone and in the smile shop. I went to the smile shop in Philadelphia to do refinements and a 3D scan, all completely free . The lady who was helping me was extremely kind, very professional, and understanding! Highly recommend 👍🏻

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thanks for sharing your experience Jasmine! we are super happy to hear you've achieved the smile you were looking for, time to shine your new smile!

May. 20th, 2021

Wyatt Dollar Farmington, NM

The process for getting a preview of my new smile was really simple! I deducted a star because as I was going through the online interview, one of the questions asked what the main "concern" with my teeth was. I submitted that I have an underbite. The fact that I was sent the impression kit, led me to believe that they could correct it. I received an email containing my animated "new smile". Unfortunately, the only thing they can correct is the slightly crookedness. For someone that just needs straightening, I'm sure it would be a great option. However, if you have a "bite" problem, it's not a good fit. I wish that they would have just cut me off in the interview process and said that underbites are not correctable with their system.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused, the Impression Kit approved because there are certain occasions where bite issues can be addressed, however, only by receiving the Impression Kit back our team in charge is able to tell if it's possible or not, we hope you understand, feel free to reach us out to [email protected] if you require further assistance, we'll be happy to assist.

May. 16th, 2021

Olympia

They were very accommodating and the customer service was great. They were able to get back to me in a timely manner for my concerns, and for any adjustments that I needed they were able to address them and provide me with what I needed.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Olympia, We appreciate your positive words! We're honored.

Sam

My experience has been good, they make the process pretty easy. I like how they ship everything out at once, that way you can just follow along without having to go back to the dentist or anything. But there was a little bit of discomfort obviously as your teeth are shifting but the overall experience was good. I got what I wanted out of it.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We're so happy to see this review. Thank you so much

Jahdai Kinston, NC

The best part about SmileDirectClub is that the pricing is affordable. I had to reach out a couple times for different questions and they were always answered thoroughly. Overall it was a really great experience--uncomfortable at times--but the timing was good. I didn't have to have them for long and the results are phenomenal.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Jahdai, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it's always our goal to give customers an informative and exciting experience. Thank you so much.

Mark Naples, FL

In all the instances where I've dealt with customer service, they have been nothing but great. The product is of the highest quality. They have always stood up to the rigors of day-to-day living and I've been very satisfied with them. There's been no need or very little need to replace anything. I've been very happy.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Mark, thank you for the high star rating!

Aneesa Gwynn Oak, MD

I feel like all the products work pretty good and I saw a change. I really enjoyed it, they changed my smile for the better. If anything bothered me, I was able to contact someone easily and they were able to solve my issue without any problems.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Aneesa, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at SmileDirectClub!

Julia San Antonio, TX

Customer support is very kind, respectful, and very professional. I don't typically have to wait long before getting questions answered. The process using invisible braces has been very quick considering all the different steps.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Julia, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it's always our goal to give customers an informative and exciting experience. Thank you so much.

Elva Modesto, CA

My experience was very happy because it was fast. They always answer my questions and I'm very happy with the results. Before, I didn't like my smile, but after I started using invisible braces I noticed the difference very quickly.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

This is exactly what we're here for, Elva! Thank you so much.

Kadie Livingston, LA

I saw on TV a commercial for SmileDirectClub about their once a month payment and thats why I chose to go with them. They always made the process easy and were there if I ever needed anything. I have referred others to them too.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Kadie, thank you so much for taking the time to share! We truly appreciate seeing this on our page.

Kellie Brown Shreveport, LA

Smile Direct Club is an affordable option to straighten teeth. Customer care has been very accommodating with aligner fit issues and re-evaluations at no additional costs. The only real downside has been the estimated time of treatment hasn’t correlated with the actual time....and every re-alignment takes several weeks. However, my teeth are getting much straighter.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Let's get this party started. This is totally the experience we want you to have. If you ever need our assistance don't hesitate to reach out at [email protected]🙂✨

Mar. 2nd, 2021

Laura Mark Duxbury, MA

Product worked for my lower front teeth which I was unhappy with their appearance. Smile clubs customer service was always five star, even when I needed aligner we just met and also had to re-order another a liner. Will recommend to others

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We can’t thank you enough for the kind words about your smile journey. Your review means a lot to us, If you ever need our assistance don't hesitate to reach out at [email protected]

Mar. 2nd, 2021

Felix Avondale, AZ

I’m glad I was able to find them because now my teeth are straight and I have my smile back. I grind my teeth at night so there was some damage from that but other than that it was a great experience. I’ve worn braces in the past and I like that I am able to eat any food that I want by sampling removing the liners.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We can’t thank you enough for the kind words about your smile journey. This is totally the experience we want you to have. If you ever need our assistance don't hesitate to reach out at [email protected]🙂✨

Feb. 25th, 2021

Stefany Alvarado Lawrenceville, GA

Experience was amazing from the start. The tech that helped me was very kind and patient. She answered all my questions and concerns. The entire process was exactly 4 months as they expected it to be. Now that I have finished my treatment, I am super happy with the results!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Stefany, your wonderful feedback and rating means a lot to us!

Feb. 22nd, 2021

Elizabeth Tallaksen Staten Island, NY

Overall, I've had a great experience so far. My only complaints would be that I didn't receive any emory boards in my box. I ended up just buying some from Walgreens but it was disappointing not receiving what I was promised, especially when you're in pain and can't do anything else to help yourself. My other issue was with the financing options. I was ecstatic to hear that I could pay ahead and didn't have to drag my payments out for the full two years if I didn't want to. But when I went online to look I realized that paying a few months ahead wouldn't change any interest fees and that it also wouldn't push back next months payment. I'm only on my 3rd week of aligners and other than my those two mishaps of been very impressed with the change I've seen in my smile.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hello Elizabeth, it's always our goal to provide helpful and effective service to all our customers. Please feel free to reach put to me directly at [email protected] for further assistance in the future. Best, Fiona

Jan. 20th, 2021