SmileDirectClub

8.1

LAST UPDATED: December 2nd, 2021

SmileDirectClub is one of the largest and most affordable doctor-directed clear aligner (invisible braces) companies in the dental industry. While other large companies will require visits to a dental professional, SmileDirectClub provides a completely “monthly office visit free” experience at a fraction of the cost. It created the world's first teledentistry platform for teeth straightening, which enables its network of more than 250 state-licensed dentists and orthodontists to connect with customers virtually.

Beginning in 2014, SmileDirectClub has helped over one million people in 11 worldwide markets straighten their teeth and transform their smiles without the discomfort of conventional metal brackets and wires. It's a global leader in direct-to-consumer clear aligner therapy.

With hundreds of SmileShops, and over a thousand Partner Network locations, and thousands of team members across the globe, SmileDirectClub is experiencing rapid growth.

The Good

• SmileDirectClub Cost
  • Straighter Teeth in 6 Months
  • Nighttime Straightening Option
  • Easy 3-Step Process
  • Flexible Pricing Options
  • Teen Treatment
  • Ships Internationally
  • Club Warranty
  • Customer Support
  • SmileDirectClub Reviews
  • Oral Care and Whitening Products

SmileDirectClub Cost

SmileDirectClub charges $1,950 for one-time payments — slightly lower than the average cost for the industry (cost may vary based on country and currency).

If customers want to pay monthly payments, they make a $250 one-time deposit along with $89 per month for 24 months. Making monthly payments does end up being a bit more expensive than paying all at once, totaling $2,386. This cost averages to about $3 a day throughout the duration of the treatment, which is up to 60 percent less than the price of traditional braces.

This price, however, does not include a retainer set, which costs an additional $99.

SmileDirectClub is slightly cheaper than other companies within the clear aligners and clear braces industry. This is especially true if you factor in that SmileDirectClub's treatment does not require you to make regular visits to a dental office, so you save on office visit costs.

SmileDirectClub’s prices are much cheaper than traditional metal braces, which can cost around $5,000 without insurance and around $3,500 with insurance.

Straighter Teeth in 6 Months

The duration of each customer’s teeth alignment process will vary due to the severity of misalignment. On average, SmileDirectClub can straighten a customer’s teeth between four and six months of treatment. This is done by wearing SmileDirectClub aligners (a clear plastic retainer) 22 hours a day for a designated amount of time. This is generally quite a bit quicker than metal braces and traditional orthodontic care.

Nighttime Straightening Option

SmileDirectClub now offers an even simpler way to straighten teeth — SmileDirectClub Nighttime Aligners, aligners that only need to be worn in the evenings. For those who are not feeling excited to commit to 22 hours of aligner wearing per day, these new Nighttime Aligners are the solution. Those who opt for the nighttime option are only committed to wear the aligners for 10 continuous hours a day, most of which should be while you are asleep. Because of the shortened daily wear time, the overall process will take a bit longer, averaging around 10 months.

Easy 3-Step Process

There are three steps in the straightening process at SmileDirectClub. This process is similar to most other clear aligners.

1. Making an impression of the teeth — SmileDirectClub will make a 3D image of the customer’s teeth to prepare different sets of clear plastic aligners to straighten the teeth.

The 3D image is made in one of two ways: customers can visit one of SmileDirectClub’s SmileShops or partner network dentists for a free 3D scan of their teeth or pay $59 for SmileDirectClub to send an impression kit to the customers’ homes, which walks customers through taking an impression of their teeth by holding plastic trays with a tasteless putty in their mouth. This creates an impression mold of the customer's teeth so the company can create a 3D representation.

2. Completing the treatment — SmileDirectClub aligners will be produced that are specifically designed for each customer and sent to their house. Each set of aligners will be worn for a predetermined time, with each set becoming increasingly straighter, aligning the customer’s crooked teeth along the way.

One of the company's more than 250 state-licensed dentists or orthodontists will monitor your progress via regular virtual check-ins. The treating doctor will track progress remotely, eliminating the need for in-person visits.

3. Purchasing a retainer — Once the teeth are straightened and the treatment is finished, customers will need to purchase a set of retainers for $99 to be worn at night, so the straight teeth don’t move out of place again.

SmileDirectClub recommends that customers purchase a new set of retainers every six months.

Flexible Pricing Options

So how can you pay for SmileDirectClub?

There are two payment options and costs for clear aligner treatment. You can pay all at once, or you can pay monthly. Monthly payments do not require a credit check.

• $1,950 for a one-time payment
  • $89 monthly payments, totaling $2,386 (this includes the $250 down payment)

SmileDirectClub accepts payment through Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and CareCredit. The company is also in-network with most major dental insurance companies, which means customers can often cover on average 50 percent of their treatment with insurance. Depending on your dental insurance plan, this may come as a reimbursement through your insurance provider.

Teen Treatment

In July 2020, SmileDirectClub launched a new treatment catered specifically for teens. The new SmileDirectClub treatment plan includes a patented aligner case with Tile bluetooth tracking so that teens will have a harder time misplacing aligners. In the event that aligners are lost, the Lost Aligner Protection Program is available to make sure that replacement aligners are expedited and treatment won’t be delayed.

SmileDirectClub is also adding new features to its telehealth program, such as aligner change and doctor check-in notifications for both teens and their parents. Teens with mild to moderate malocclusion can get started on their smile journey by requesting a doctor-prescribed impression kit.

Ships Internationally

SmileDirectClub is currently available in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, UK, Germany, Austria, Singapore, Spain, and Hong Kong.

Club Warranty

All customers receive their SmilePlan, or a 3D view of their treatment plan, within 72 hours of their scan appointment or impression kit return. Aligners are custom-made and shipped to the customer within about five weeks depending on the country.

Customers have up until 30 days after receiving their aligners to return them for a full refund. If customers aren’t satisfied with their results, SmileDirectClub offers free re-evaluations and can provide additional aligners. This is at no cost if SmileDirectClub is notified within 30 days of treatment ending.

SmileDirectClub also offers free aligner touch-ups for life if a customer notices their teeth moving out of place. This Lifetime Smile Guarantee is only valid if customers purchase two sets of retainers a year after finishing treatment.

Customer Support

SmileDirectClub offers 24/7 customer support via phone, chat, video, text, and email. The company has a dental team that is available via phone, email, chat, and video to assist with concerns, such as fit issues, progress concerns, or general treatment questions.

SmileDirectClub Reviews

BestCompany.com has collected hundreds of reviews from verified SmileDirectClub customers. Overall, SmileDirectClub has a 4.0 rating with most customers very happy with their final results. Other customers cited the convenience, affordability, quick results, and customer support as key points in their high ratings. Check out this video review from Monica, one of SmileDirectClub's recent customers.

Oral Care and Whitening Products

In addition to providing a cost-effective teeth straightening option, SmileDirectClub has expanded into oral care products. The company offers items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, water flossers, and even a UV cleaning machine.

SmileDirectClub includes teeth whitening products in its teeth straightening treatment packages at no extra cost. Other companies in the industry will charge extra if you want to include whitening products. This is only available in the United States and Canada.

These products are also widely available in the United States through SmileDirectClub's website and at Walmart (United States only). All products come highly rated on both Walmart and SmileDirectClub’s websites. SmileDirectClub is the only clear aligner brand to offer a one-stop shop of oral care products.

The Bad

• Down Payment Required
  • Retainer Not Included
  • Some Customer Service Issues

Down Payment Required

SmileDirectClub requires a $250 down payment to begin its monthly payment plan. On top of the cost for the at-home impression kit, it could cost customers around $299 to sign up for SmileDirectClub.

Retainer Not Included

Not only must you pay $99 for a set of retainers at SmileDirectClub, but the company recommends that you buy a new one every six months in order to keep your teeth straight.

Customers should also note that while SmileDirectClub does offer a smile guarantee, you have to order two sets of retainers each year to maintain that guarantee.

Some Customer Service Issues

Some customers have expressed frustration with SmileDirectClub’s customer service, often having to wait a long time before getting in contact with a representative to resolve their problems. Other customers have expressed their aligners caused discomfort to their teeth and gums. That being said, straightening your teeth requires teeth to be moved, so some discomfort, especially early on, is to be expected.

The Bottom Line

SmileDirectClub is the largest in-home clear aligners provider in the country and claims to represent around 95 percent of the doctor-directed at-home clear aligner industry. With over 6,300 team members and more than 390 SmileShops, the company provides invisible braces for a price slightly lower than the industry average. The average time for treatment is also about average, with most treatments ranging from four to six months. SmileDirectClub offers a standard daily wear aligner as well as nighttime aligners and a special treatment bundle for teens.

In addition to each clear aligner treatment, SmileDirectClub also provides teeth whitening to each of its customers and a warranty. If within 30 of treatment a customer isn’t satisfied with their smile, they can contact SmileDirectClub and receive a free re-evaluation. This warranty combined with 24/7 customer service makes SmileDirectClub a great option. The downfalls are that after treatment customers must pay for retainers at $99 a pair to keep teeth straight after treatment and that it’s recommended customers buy those every six months to keep the smile guarantee. And although SmileDirectClub’s customer service is available 24/7, some customers have noticed long wait times to get in contact with a representative.

Ashutosh Sharma Coppell, TX

Tried this for my sone. Unlike some invisible braces, SmileDirectClub gives you two options on how to get started. First, you have the choice to order an Impression Kit directly to your house, which you’ll then mail back to SmileDirectClub. Or, if you prefer to have an in-person visit at a physical location, you can get a free scan in one of their SmileShops, which are located all over the country.Straightening your teeth should not be a far-off concept, especially if you struggle with confidence in your smile. SmileDirectClub combines their professional expertise with affordable and effective dental care to become one of the top choices in the invisible braces industry. Soreness is expected for the first few days of treatment, and it’s attributed to the initial shift of your teeth into the new aligners. No attachments or buttons are needed for treatment with SmileDirectClub, which helps reduce discomfort that is traditionally associated with teeth straightening. Affordable due to no middle men. Can be covered under insurance. It can also whiten your teeths.

22 hours ago

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Ashutosh. Your feedback and input are so valuable to us and we truly take it to heart. We really appreciate it!

JJ Jenkins Orlando, FL

I ordered the kit for the Smile direct club. I chatted with the company and they answered all of my questions. I even had the kit sent to the wrong address, my mistake, and they sent me a new one at no additional charge. I like that the cost of the kit ($20) is secured from the tots price of the treatment so the kit ends up being free. This company was the best priced company for invisible braces, but I ended up not using this company because retainers did it come with the package and was going to cost extra. They do have many positive reviews online.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi JJ, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at SmileDirectClub. We're so happy to read this!

Luke Swierczynski Waterford, MI

I’ll give smile direct 5 stars because the retainers did exactly as advertised, just I hadn’t read it fully to understand exactly what they did. The retainer 100% straightened my teeth and made my smile better than it was, and likely saved me quite a bit of money in the long run doing a lot of the upfront work, but after finishing I realized it didn’t do everything I needed so I did get a second company to finish, but way cheaper overall to start with smile direct.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

This is exactly what we're here for, Luke! Thank you so much.

C Hall Richmond, VA

SDC was super easy to get started and maintain progress throughout. It was super passive after the initial scan with a big box and guidance coming in on when to change out to a new mouth piece. They also had great support and account services.

13 hours ago

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

Love the convenience of not having to go to the dentist to be able to get straighter teeth. Works just like going to the dentist but with no hassle. Affordable for any budget. Recommend all my friends because I've gotten great results.

13 hours ago

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We're so happy to see this review. Thank you so much!

Corryn Moore Norfolk, VA

This company was great to work with and gave me everything I wanted. I was able to get the kits mailed right to me and that was super convenient. What I didn't like as much was the overall cost, but when you look at the outcome I see why the price is what it is. Customer service was great too when I had questions.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Corryn, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

James Goodman Silverdale, WA

SmileDirectClub is a great company, they offer a wide range of options, that tailored to my families needs. Price is competitive to higher companies, but the service is worth the cost. My daughter smiles brighter everyday now. Thank You!

10 hours ago

Reply from SmileDirectClub

This is why we do what we do. Thank you for the feedback, James!

Mandy Pesce Laurelton, NJ

SmileDirectClub made the process for smile straightening super easy from the very beginning. Their customer service team is top notch as well, very helpful to answer all questions!

22 hours ago

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Mandy, this rating means the world to us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Fernando

Took a couple days to get used to wearing them, but once I did. I hardly notice I had them on. I love how much better my teeth look and i still have a few more months of treatment to go.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Fernando, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

Jackie Cincinnati, OH

BUYER BEWARE! I used smile direct aligners to try and correct a crooked tooth on my lower front teeth and to straighten my overall smile. My first set of aligners came and I was very happy with the ease and limited contact this service provides but just a few sets into my treatment that changed. The aligners are cheaply made and some sets fit well while others are jagged and dug into my gums making them painful and sore it got so bad that I went to change into my new set one day and they simply didn’t fit. I went back and the did a complimentary rescan and in a few weeks I got a new treatment plan with new aligners. I wore every set like I was supposed to and got to my last set and my teeth had not been corrected at all. I went in for a 3 rd scan and they have a new treatment plan for me but here is what they don’t tell you. These can hurt your teeth, I have 2 new chips on my lower teeth because my bite has changed and I think the way my teeth hit has caused this breakage , my gums have receded in several places I think from wearing these everyday for such long hours, I also have a hard callous on my outer gum from where they rubbed everyday and lastly I think there is a crack in a lower front tooth from the stress they put on my teeth. I have declined the next treatment plan which was going to be for 8 months and am going to my dentist to see what they can do to help me. BEWARE they will not refund your money if your problem is not corrected no matter what they tell you in the office. My teeth are worse today 6 months after starting and I wished I had never used this product. I am 51 and during Covid I wanted the limited contact but that was a huge mistake this is an inferior product and very expensive to get no results and no help from customer service. Just be careful when you deal with them they take your money and leave you damaged.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hello Jackie, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far, and we would like to learn more. In order for us to best assist, please reach out to me directly at [email protected] Best, Toni

Nov. 24th, 2021

Jacquie Moore Northridge, CA

I'm happy with the response I've had from SmileDirectClub regarding extending my treatment. I felt like it just wasn't complete and everyone has been so quick to respond with a facetime call and the new impression kit. I can't wait to finish and show everyone my new smile!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We love providing a convenient option for our customers. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Jacquie.

Smile Direct Club-first review Reidsville, NC

I like Smile Direct Club because their customer service representatives are friendly and thorough. The kit they mailed to me for making impressions of my teeth in order to have the retainers made was easy to understand. They even mailed a second kit to make sure they had impressions of all my teeth. I trust the doctors at Smile Direct Club and look forward to having straight teeth!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at SmileDirectClub!

Miss. CC Clearwater, FL

My appointment was at the Town and Country location with Dee. Dee was very informative, professional and warm. Throughout the process she asked me if I had any questions etc. about my Smile Direct journey & she made sure that I was absolutely comfortable before I left. I truly enjoyed my experience with her. It made me very excited about seeing my new smile!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Happy to hear this, Miss. CC! We appreciate that you took the time to share some kind words.

Sep. 16th, 2021

Leathione Diakite Prinze Jr Brooklyn, NY

The five stars is for the very professional young lady who did my scan. As for the Compamy... -FIVE STARS and here is why. My only issue is the bait and switch they did when it came to the $25 pre-paid visa card I was supposed to get after the person who did my scan and interview updated her information in her system, She said I would get in in a few days. Now it oh after you get your kit and pay for we will send you the $25.00 pre-paid visa card.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Leathione, our goal is to make sure all customers walk away informed, educated and excited. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Sep. 16th, 2021

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

As someone who never got braces as a kid because of financial reasons, SmileDirectClub has been a life savior. Although my teeth were not overly crooked, they sent me a retainer to wear that has highly straightened my smile. I would recommend SmileDirectClub to everyone, as they have inexpensive options for retainers/braces that positively affect your daily life significantly.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thank you so much for sharing, Roberto! This means the world to us.

Nov. 2nd, 2021

Amy Siebrecht Ocala, FL

I'm only in my first week of the aligners but so far am very pleased. The 3d scan experience was actually fun (who would have thought) and my aligners came sooner than expected. As the brochures warn, the aligners are a little rough around some edges but the file and time work wonders. The first couple days I felt like I couldn't handle the lower tray and it almost had a gag effect. Now it doesn't bother me. So, if you get into this and the first couple days seem overwhelming, don't worry, you just have to give it time. Smile Direct has engineered a truly awesome project and I just love that I can have the entire remainder of my treatment in the comfort of my own home.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We are loving your enthusiasm, Amy! This means the world to us – thank you so much.

Jan. 12th, 2021

Lauren Feijoo Johnson Commerce City, CO

I was told to arrive 10 minutes early for my appointment and then didn’t get called in till 17 minutes after my scheduled time, so I was waiting for 27 minutes. Then I was told the appointment will take less than 30 minutes, it took 44 minutes. The person doing my appointment did not know what an HSA or FSA was when I asked her details about using it. She also took her mask off several times during our appointment, and there was no I protection being worn by staff as I expected that since the website said staff would be wearing it. When I wasn’t ready to put a deposit down the staff member I was working with got a different staff member to come in and talk to me about it and I felt as if I was in a high-pressure car sales environment. It did not feel like healthcare and made me feel like I was being pressured instead of helped. We did appreciate the detailed directions to get to the club and the validated parking. I feel it would’ve been more professional to have the staff and scrubs as opposed to professional dress clothes.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hello Lauren, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. It is important to us to always provide a genuine service for our customers. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far. For further assistance, please reach out to me directly at [email protected] Kindest Regards, Toni

K. Welch Westland, MI

I was pleasantly surprised at the time, attention, detail & technology that has gone into the development of the SmileDirectClub at home system. I left my 1 & only SmileDirect in office visit to receive my aligners feeling confident that all of my teeth & gum alignment goals will be achieved. Without the need of another in office visit. The SmileDirect technician was polite, thorough & knowledgeable of the SmileDirectClub system & how it will work for my specific dental needs & concerns. I was thoroughly impressed with the entire layout of the SmileDirectClub system. Kudos to everyone that takes part in making SmileDirect Club the amazing at home dental alignment system it is! Sincerely, K. Welch

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi K, thank you so much for the positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. Our customers help us to constantly learn and improve what we do. I'm so glad the SmileShop visit was a great one and will pass on the feedback to our shop managers!

Jul. 2nd, 2021

Bill Y Harrisburg, PA

I've had Invisaline correctors. They are much harder to deal with. My dentist did not remove the anchors until three months after I completed. Invisaline changed their policy from direct ordering of maintance to having to order from the dentist. He insisted on a costly exam and the cost of the maintenance retainers were three hundred percent more. With Smile Direct Club, I had issues half way through the program. I was sent a complete new set of aligners. The maintance aligners come directly from Smile Direct with out a costly dental appointment on a yearly basis and are less expensive.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Happy to hear it! We love providing a cost-effective option for our customers. Thanks, Bill.

Anonymous Columbia, PA

SmileDirectClub has comfortable prices--it was half the price of two other places that I looked at. Most of the time when I need another extra adjustment they always reply quick and send all the pieces that I need to continue with the treatment. I like that you can take it off and eat and then clean your teeth without food floating between braces and brackets. An advantage is that it's soft--it's not something metal in your mouth.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.

Dwayne Hercules, CA

My plan didn't work out the first 4 to 6 months but I didn't have to pay anything more to get an additional plan after that and I just felt supported by the people who contacted me and I know it was very difficult because of COVID-19. It's been real good using invisible braces, they have provided me with insight regarding getting your teeth aligned. For my children, I paid several thousand dollars for braces, and I wish I had known about about SmileDirectClub before because I would have gotten better prices.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Dwayne, thank you so much for your positive comments about SmileDirectClub

Shantell Brooklyn, NY

I would definitely recommend them to anyone. They really work because my teeth were really bad and they look awesome now. They give you lip balm and whitening so that's good and whenever you call them they have someone on the phone--even if you don't get them right away, they call you back and they always make sure that they help you before you get off the line. My experience with them is really good.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thank you again for taking the time to share a review! We truly appreciate the support.

Elizabeth Tallaksen Staten Island, NY

Overall, I've had a great experience so far. My only complaints would be that I didn't receive any emory boards in my box. I ended up just buying some from Walgreens but it was disappointing not receiving what I was promised, especially when you're in pain and can't do anything else to help yourself. My other issue was with the financing options. I was ecstatic to hear that I could pay ahead and didn't have to drag my payments out for the full two years if I didn't want to. But when I went online to look I realized that paying a few months ahead wouldn't change any interest fees and that it also wouldn't push back next months payment. I'm only on my 3rd week of aligners and other than my those two mishaps of been very impressed with the change I've seen in my smile.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hello Elizabeth, it's always our goal to provide helpful and effective service to all our customers. Please feel free to reach put to me directly at [email protected] for further assistance in the future. Best, Fiona

Jan. 20th, 2021

Garson Latrobe, PA

I went with this company because I only wanted to wear the braces at night. I had the initial scans done at the trailer they had and everything went really well. I'm done with my treatment now, and have retainers to maintain my smile. It worked seamlessly and effectively with no issues at all. The pricing was good too, I had a very positive experience.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Happy to hear this, Garson! We appreciate that you took the time to share some kind words.

Angelica Newville, AL

This company is very affordable and they explained everything really clearly before I signed up. If I ever had questions during the process, I could email them and get a response pretty quick. They were very hands-on. It's easy to do the transitions between each of the braces, and they send the whole kit to you all at once. Overall, it was a great experience.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We are grinning from ear to ear. Thank you for the support, Angelica. We are always here for you!

Keely Canton, OH

I felt their price was reasonable and I liked the system, which is why I signed up with them. Customer support was very responsive and always available to answer my questions. I've completed all my scans with them and the braces fit properly, they did a nice job. I haven't had any issues with chipping or breaking, they hold up nicely and are everything I expected them to be. They are a reasonable option for those that don't want to get real braces.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Happy to hear it! We love providing a cost-effective option for our customers. Thanks, Keely.

Tracey Milwaukee, WI

I signed up with Smile Direct because of the convenience and cost. I received one set of braces, but it didn't set so I had to do my impressions again. Overall, they worked very well. Everything came packaged nicely with detailed instructions on how to use them all, when I should order more, and when I should change my liners. I had a small gap in my lower teeth and it was fixed.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We are loving your enthusiasm, Tracey! This means the world to us – thank you so much.

Kelsey Derby, KS

Smile direct club has made me unafraid to smile! I’m so happy that I decided to go with smile direct club after a promotion that I received in my email. I had looked into SDC beforehand so they had my email. They emailed me this promotion that if I visited their smile shop for an evaluation, I would get a free whitening light and whitening pens. I was like “what the heck” I may be able to afford it in the future so why not just go check it out and see what they say. I am so glad that I took that opportunity. They did a 3D scan of my whole mouth that they kept on file for quite sometime. While I was at the smile shop, the lady was very nice. She answered all my questions as well. She mentioned that I didn’t have to pay the whole amount at once, that I could make payments. She also gave me a coupon for some off of the program so my payments are lower than they probably would have been. I started to love my smile after about the 5th month. I’m so happy that I went with this company. I have like no negatives to say. The customer service was very nice and when I couldn’t make a payment on time all I had to do was call and let them know and they would postpone it until I could pay it (up to 30 days I think but I can’t remember). Anyways, the ONLY negative that I had was sometimes my aligners would be a bit rigid on the edges and rub on the side of my tongue so I had to like bend the edge a little bit inward and away from my tongue but honestly it wasn’t that big of a deal compared to how happy I am with the end product. I’ve also heard that braces are always causing cuts and sores so I am sure that the aligners are a better option in that area. I didn’t notice how crooked my smile was until I saw a photo of it before SDC. THANK YOU SO MUCH SDC FOR NEWLY FOUND CONFIDENCE! I can finally smile and be my full set without worry. It’s more than worth the money. Oh and when I initially ordered, they told me it would take up to 5 weeks to deliver, they arrived at my door within 2 weeks and I’m so pleased with this company. They are awesome and I wouldn’t understand any negative reviews. Bad luck maybe? Anyways, this company is worth the time and money!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Wow! This means a lot to us, Kelsey. We sure are proud of both our team and the technology we use in order to give our customers a cost-effective and convenient option. Thank you so much for your kind words of support.

Jun. 2nd, 2020

Melissa

I will be recommended Smile Direct club to people because I had a wonderful experience with them. The product is amazing and works great. The customer service was great and always attentive. The only con I had, began on month 4 of a 5 month plan, I stopped receiving communications from SDC. I stopped receiving all emails and texts about when to change my aligners. After I made the request for refinements, I hadn't heard anything from SDC to confirm that I contacted customer service or if an impression kit was in fact being shipped out to me. I ended up getting my impression kit and after a couple of days I received a detailed email on what they would be changing for my refinements. Amazing product with great customer service, but needs to work on communications a bit more.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thank you so much for leaving this wonderful review, Melissa. We're here for you!

Mar. 10th, 2020

Mary

End result was better than I dared to hope! Living for 35 years with a gap in my front teeth - all orthodontists were willing to do was fill my mouth full of metal braces. All I wanted was the gap gone (or less gappy!) After Smile Direct my gap is gone and teeth I never realized were crooked are straighter. Not 100% perfect but I wasn't looking for that, I just wanted the gap gone. Everyone I spoke to in Customer Service was extremely helpful and supportive but respond time took longer than I would have liked. But still worth the money. Can't beat 1/4 the cost and 1/6 the time of traditional braces!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Mary, thank you so much for this wonderful review!

Feb. 25th, 2020

Ritz511 Greensboro, NC

Miranda and Liz were both friendly and professional. They made my experience very easy and comfortable. I’m truly excited about my future beautiful smile! Rita G.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Rita, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

Oct. 8th, 2021

Alexis Hoover Homosassa, FL

I liked how easy the impression kit was! I look forward to seeing how much of a difference there is in my smile and the reaction of my friends and family

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Alexis, we're thrilled to see your kind review!

Oct. 6th, 2021

Jaclyn Parker Canonsburg, PA

I'm starting to question if Smile Direct is doing something fraudulent. They will not give me the tax ID for the dentist Dr. Isaac P who is supposedly "overseeing" my case and my insurance company will not process my claim for reimbursement without it. The "insurance specialists" at SmileDirectClub who are supposed to be helping me just keeping telling me that my insurance company does not need that information. My insurance company insists that they do need it to process the claim. So beware - if you sign up for Smile Direct, don't expect to get the information you need from them. I'm starting to wonder if Dr. P even exists.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hello Jaclyn, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. It is important to us to always provide a genuine service for our customers. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far. For further assistance, please reach out to me directly at [email protected] Kindest Regards, Toni

Oct. 5th, 2021

Teri Charlotte, NC

I’ve had to have 3 impression kits. When I called and said Medium kit # 2 was not a fit; I was promised a Small kit. I was dismayed to receive kit # 2 and it was size Medium-same as kit #1 ! Finally got third kit & got my impressions done. I really think I deserve a price break for the aggravation. I’m hoping the actual process won’t be sloppy. We are paying premium price and expect professionalism.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hello Teri, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. It is important to us to always provide convenient service for our customers. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far. For further assistance, please reach out to me directly at [email protected] Kindest Regards, Toni

Nancy Bao McLean, VA

1st, the woman who did our scan was very professional. She was a dental hygienist (not the English major college student who did my son's scan last time). She was courteous, efficient, and didn't try to hard sell us into buying anything on the spot. She's the only reason I'm giving this a 2 star review instead of a 1 star review. 2nd, but the treatment plan we received was almost a joke. While it did improve my daughter's cosmetic smile, it did nothing to correct her bad "bite" on the right side of her mouth. The bite is SO much more important for oral hygiene than the smile. No orthodontist would have approved this treatment plan without making any suggestion to improve her bite. This really makes me wonder whether an orthodontist actually reviewed this, or whether it was just some marketing/salesperson who sent us the treatment plan.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hello Nancy, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. It is important to us to always provide a genuine service for our customers. We always want to address any questions that arise. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far. For further assistance, please reach out to me directly at [email protected] Kindest Regards, Toni

Susan Chavez San Antonio, TX

Very courteous individuals I have spoken to..all my concerns addressed. Love that I was able to see the process and what the results would look like upon completion of the dental procedure.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Susan. Thank you so much for this 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share. We’re here for you at any time.

Eugenia Cowan Tucker, GA

That I was able to get an appt and come in to talk to representatives. The young lady who helped me was very informative and told me everything I needed to know. I have not heard back from SmileDirectClub about whether or not I will get the aligners and we I will receive them. I have been waiting to hear back from someone.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi, Eugenia. It's always our goal to provide helpful and effective service to all our customers. Please give us a call, and we'd be happy to assist further.

Jo Zamudio Stone Mountain, GA

Everyone at the SmileDirectClub in Charlotte was super welcoming and sweet as soon as I walked in the door. They talked me through everything so that I was completely aware of what was going on.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Jo, we love seeing this!

Meliy Boskovic St. Petersburg, FL

They’re nice, sending encouraging quotes, I was able to show mild to moderate for my teeth and hoping that this thing works :). Overall good experience with customer service.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Happy to hear this, Meliy! We appreciate that you took the time to share some kind words.

Jonathan Isaac Rodriguez Los Angeles, CA

At first i almost wanted to leave because the ladies pretended to not see me at allbut when they finally did they passed me over to Jose aand he was extremely helpful and nice and he made my frown turn upside down. HA

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Jonathan, your wonderful feedback and rating means a lot to us!

Sep. 13th, 2021

Amber Moore Belfair, WA

I think Smile Direct has an amazing business with fantastic customer service. The experience was seamless with little confusion. I would give 5 stars if it were a little less expensive. I hope to purchase one day in the future.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Amber, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

Sep. 9th, 2021

Jodianna Tallahassee, FL

I like how they have so many locations around Florida to get signed up for invisible braces. The locations also allow you to take the mold of your teeth and appointments are usually open all week. I do not like how pricey it can be.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Jodianna, we really appreciate your feedback!

Nov. 2nd, 2021

Lois Smyth Phoenix, AZ

I found the whole process streamlined and very pleasant from the consult to the 3D scanning. When it was over, I felt I had a complete understanding of what to expect, my total cost and no "bait and switch". I can't wait until my aligners arrive.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Lori. Thank you so much for this 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share. We’re here for you at any time.

Aug. 30th, 2021

Kim Faber Cleveland, OH

The aligners used are very high quality and work well. It is affordable and does a great job. I am extremely satisfied with the care team. Whenever I had a concern, the team got back to me within a couple of minutes. I would, and have, recommend this company. My smile went from crooked to straight in a matter of 4 months and $1850.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

This means a lot to us, Kim. We sure are proud of both our team and the technology we use in order to give our customers a cost-effective and convenient option. Thank you so much for your kind words of support.

Aug. 27th, 2021

bankroll bella New York, NY

Laura was amazing , she made me feel completely comfortable , let me ask all the questions I had and assisted me perfectly. The world needs more employees like her. Extremely informative. Smile has all questions answered. They think of every possibility ever

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hey Bella. Thank you so much for this 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share. We’re here for you at any time.

Aug. 27th, 2021

Estucky Phoenix, AZ

Wow, what a pleasant experience!! The process was easy and streamlined. The sales lady assisting me was knowledgeable and, friendly. I’m definitely interested in purchasing some of the night-time aligners if eligible. I haven’t received my treatment plan via email as of yet. But, daily I’m checking my inbox!! Thank you, again!!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Thank you so much for sharing, E! This means the world to us.

Aug. 26th, 2021

Nicole Edwards Philadelphia, PA

My appointment was on August 18, 2021 and I was seen by Erica. Erica was the most warmest person anybody can meet. She made me feel like family and she was awesome. She was very knowledgeable about everything and she made she I understand everything. I felt very comfortable there. I can't wait to get my aligners.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Happy to hear this, Nicole! We appreciate that you took the time to share some kind words.

Aug. 25th, 2021

JL Fort Worth, TX

Good, but..... The place was great and my Tech was great. I explained to her that I was concerned about my slight overbite and my bottom teeth. I did go see an orthodontist to see if I was an Invisalign canidate. I did some research and thought Smile Direct as a more affordable option. As they explain they are basically the same. I chose the one time payment of $1750. I was sent an email that had only my top teeth plan. Since they are 99% there was ZERO change in their 2 year plan. I emailed asking for my bottom. I was told I was approved for top only, sorry for the inconvenience. I was confused since that was my only concern and mild crowding. Much worse in most before and after pictures online. I was told they would reach out with more information. I received a second email that stated my lower exceeds parameters and protocols for SD. I am not sure if SD liners are not as strong as Invisalign or if it was a longer treatment than the standard year and half. I would have paid more if it was a slightly longer plan. Since I started my bottom was my only concern and it was not approved, a phone call or explanation email would have been nice. I had to ask for more explanation. Back to the name brand.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hello JL, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. It is important to us to always provide a genuine service for our customers. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far. If there is anything we can do to help, please send us an email at [email protected] Best, Toni

Aug. 23rd, 2021

michel hart Portland, OR

Suzette and Charleigh were very informative and helped me understand what to expect throughout my treatment plan. They both made me feel welcome and comfortable during my consultation. I really enjoyed meeting both of them. I would highly recommend Smile Direct Club based on my experience.

Reply from SmileDirectClub

Hi Michel, it's always our top priority to leave our customers excited and informed. Thank you!

Aug. 19th, 2021

Vanessa Miranda Denver, CO

Smile direct club in Denver was a great experience hands down🙌🏼 Everything from the moment I walked in to the 3D scan was great. The results I’m seeing in my smile are amazing. Thanks smile direct club for helping me smile again!!

Reply from SmileDirectClub

We are loving your enthusiasm, Vanessa! This means the world to us – thank you so much.

Aug. 13th, 2021