Smilelove is an invisible aligners provider that focuses on creating an easy and convenient teeth straightening process. The simple treatment process, from receiving the impression in the beginning to the free retainers in the end, makes for an incredibly hassle-free alternative to traditional metal braces.

Smilelove is FDA approved and claims its aligners cost 75 percent less than the traditional orthodontic treatment method.

report_problem

Attention: Smilelove is currently out of business

Smilelove went out of business in spring 2020, leaving many customers without refunds or products they paid for. The company is currently still out of business.

Check out our Smilelove reviews to see what others are saying about this company.

#1 byte chevron_right
4.9
#2 SmileDirectClub chevron_right
#3 AlignerCo chevron_right

The Good

• Fast-Track Bundle
  • Risk-Free
  • Many Free Products
  • 30-Day Guarantee
  • Customer Service
  • 100% Approval Financing

Fast-Track Bundle

Smilelove offers an accelerated payment process at its lowest price. If customers choose the fast-track option, they get Smilelove aligners, retainers, an impression kit, and teeth whitening product, all for $1,895.

The difference between the fast-track bundle and the kit-first plan ($1,974) is that you pay for everything upfront in the fast-track bundle. The kit-first plan requires you to buy the kit ($79), see the preview of what your teeth will look like, and then pay $1,895 for the treatment.

Risk-Free

If you've created a mold of your teeth using the impression kit and Smilelove's doctors determine that you're not a good fit or if you're unhappy with the preview, you'll be refunded in full

Many Free Products

Customers will get a free teeth whitening kit, along with their treatment plan. Customers also get free retainers and their aligners in the treatment package.

If you purchase the fast-track bundle, you’ll also get your impression kit for free. All of this adds up to hundreds of dollars of free product included in the treatment package.

Other invisible aligners providers charge extra for teeth whitening products, impression kits, and even each extra retainer.

30-Day Guarantee

Smilelove offers a 30-day guarantee on impression kits. Every company offers a refund on the impression kit in the case of customers being ineligible for the treatment. However, few companies offer a refund policy on the impression kit whether or not the customer qualifies.

However, in order to qualify for the 30-day impression kit refund, the impression kit must be unused and unopened. There is no refund on manufactured teeth aligners. Additionally, if you receive your preview and are unsatisfied, you qualify for a full refund.

Smilelove works hard to help people get their perfect smile. The company strives to provide superior customer service by reducing call-wait times and by making your teeth straightening process as simple as possible.

100% Approval Financing

Smilelove now offers 100% approval financing with 0% APR, making invisible braces treatment extremely affordable, even with bad credit. This makes Smilelove the most affordable invisible braces option on the market. There are two ways to pay, a one time payment or a monthly payment —

• One time $1,595 payment
  • 24 monthly payments of $66 ($1,845 total)*

* You must put down a $250 deposit if you opt for the monthly payment options.

The Bad

• No Full Guarantee or Refund Policy
  • Time Out of Business

No Full Guarantee or Refund Policy

While Smilelove does offer full refunds on defective products, program ineligibility, and preview dissatisfaction, there is no guarantee on the SmileLove’s treatment program (other than a 30-day guarantee on the impression kit).

However, if a customer wears their aligners according to their treatment plan and their teeth do not match the treatment preview that was provided, Smilelove promises to work with them on a refund.

Time Out of Business

Many Smilelove reviews are one-star because of a few months in 2020 when the company paused all operations. This left many customers without support and any refunds needed. Customers weren’t able to reach customer service representatives and it seemed like the company took their money without giving any treatment. For this reason we recommend reading current Smilelove reviews to determine if the company has resolved those issues.

The Bottom Line

Smilelove is an invisible aligner provider that focuses on making the alignment process and treatment as convenient as possible for customers who want straight teeth. With Smilelove you don't have to visit your dentist or orthodontist like you do with traditional braces. You can rest easy knowing that a Smilelove dental professional and dental team will evaluate and be there to guide you through the entire process. Smilelove also provides free retainers, impressions kits, and teeth whitening products as a part of its treatment package.

There are two options for getting your clear teeth aligners. You can choose the fast track option, which will cost you $1,895 upfront, but you get the clear plastic aligners, teeth whitening kit, and the impression kit. Or you can choose the kit-first plan, where you can buy the impression kit separately and decide if Smilelove's treatment plan is right for you. Smilelove clear aligners are also made of high-quality plastic to ensure that the aligners are stronger, more durable, and more transparent than other invisible aligners.

Though there is no full guarantee on Smilelove’s treatment, the company does provide a 30-day guarantee on impression kits. Although the company is willing to work with any unsatisfied customers, Smilelove did go out of business for a few months and left many customers without refunds or treatment. It is also important to know that Smilelove only treats mild to moderate cases of crooked teeth.

View Best Invisible Braces Companies

2.9

Michael Cipriano

September 9th, 2020 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I paid up front $1495 for my aligners and never received them and don't know how to get my money back! Smilelove is a ripoff and doesn't even care to repay it's clients

Dakota Stratton

September 6th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. Payed what was due on my NBS/Medical card because they had a representative at one of our Benefits Fairs at work who said that I could use my medical card to cover it. Turns out that isn't the case. Now my medical card is frozen and has been all year, and will continue to be until the amount is paid back. I was told they would issue my refund back in Feb or March. Haven't been able to get a hold of them since and my medical card is still frozen. If I could give them a 0 star or even a NEGATIVE rating, I would.

Jack Haley

September 2nd, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These people took $1495 up front in August 2019. Their company is a scam. I have not received any retainers at all.

Jessica Hardy

August 31st, 2020 Wilkesboro, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid in full, sent back impression kit, no aligners, and now the company will not respond! We need our money back!!!

Robert Kurtz

August 18th, 2020 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The aligners fit very well, al though some trays seem to move teeth much more than others and cause pain for first few days. Overall was a good experience (although wearing aligners for 8months will never be fun) My teeth are not completely perfect after treatment but are 99% better than they were!

Amy K

August 14th, 2020 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awful company! Looking at other reviews, I'm glad I at least got my aligners! Half of the time they did not fit the length of my teeth and were highly noticable (thank God for face masks!). My retainer to keep my teeth in place broke and customer service is nowhere to be found. Impossible to get a response from thos company once they have your money. Go literally anywhere else!

Unhappy

August 14th, 2020 Niceville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think they have been a SCAM prior to the COVID excuse. I paid in full August 2019, 1 year ago and still no product! Back and forth, I sent at least 15 impressions all of which they would say I needed to do another, for various excuses, some of which contradicted the previous explanations and reasons to reattempt impressions. I used their assisted video Skype guidance, and has them review them prior to shipment and still I would be after weeks delay, that I had to redo them again. This went on for 6 month, being dragged along, only to learn of they after had to stops accepting molds, due to COVID. Now I‘Ve read the company is out of business! Someone made off with my money and I want it returned! We need a class action lawsuit, either the business group and/or individuals Who formed “SmileLove” and their insurance company should be held accountable.

Gail Stanislow

August 7th, 2020 Wilmington, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid $1495 for the invisible aligners back in NOVEMBER, went back and forth with impressions until March, when they said they were good, and then NOTHING at all from them. I kept e-mailing and then started using the contact form on their website - absolutely nothing at all. Now I find out that they are out of business. They took my money, never filled out the dental insurance form for me to get reimbursed, and now are gone. I am very angry and I am going to contact a lawyer.

Dorinda Hempel

July 30th, 2020 Grand Island, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Same as everyone else. Gave them $ then they said they couldn't help me until I did other dental work. And what they were telling me to do contradicted what my ortho had told me so I told them I wanted a refund if they wernt going to help me as is. I received an email from Mitch saying I was approved for a refund. Then communication STOPPED. And Covid came. Then the slow emails that were generic. I filed a complaint with the BBB. Then through another issue I found out about fraud claims. So unlike most of the rest I filed a fraud claim through my bank because I paid with my VISA debit card. The bank refunded me. I hope they (the bank) delt with them. 😒

Rick Carranza

July 27th, 2020 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They did not fix the problem and I never received the correction aligners as I was promised , now they are not responding to any of my emails

Carmen Kantner

July 24th, 2020 Perrysburg, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They took my $1,400.00 and I have received no product. They will not respond to emails and don’t answer phone. Company is in debt and will rob you DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

Sam Stewart

July 23rd, 2020 Warren, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you have a problem u can absolutely forget customer support. STAY AWAY

Pissed Customer

July 23rd, 2020 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give negative stars I would. I paid in full and they took my money and never responded to any if my attempts to reach them and there were many. Stay way! It’s a shame. They shouldn’t be able to take customer’s money without penalty.

Jeremy Bayer

July 22nd, 2020 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I took out two loans to get into the program and my impressions have been rejected. When I asked for a refund, they quit responding. I'm now out close to $1800 (includes interest. If I could give them zero stars I would. Buyer be aware

Serhat Keskin

July 21st, 2020 Maineville, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

refund is not being processed... Do not order from this company!

Carle M. Davis

July 13th, 2020 Ormond Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company absolutely sucks. They responded to one text and one email when I was having trouble with the impressions then totally disappeared! I never even got to send my impressions in and now I'm stuck paying $64/mo? I don't think so. Such an utter disgrace.

Nancy Henderson

July 12th, 2020 Bridgewater, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Did a sweetheart bundle, so both my self and my husband are getting aligners. My treatment is going well but my husband ran into trouble with getting a good impression. Last we heard he finally was waiting for his previews than Covid hit and we have not been contacted since February. Many Facebook messages sent and I did receive a Whitney kit but my husband has NOTHING for his hard working money spent

Maggie Braner

July 11th, 2020 Joliet, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm mostly through my treatment process but they didn't fill out the insurance form completely and my insurance company won't reimburse me until they have all of the information. I've been trying to contact them for over a month without a response. The online chat says they'll get back to you in 5 days and the phone number leads you toward a recording saying to call back or just disconnects. I've been able to find the information to contact the treating orthodontist and they are also working on contacting Simlelove on my behalf. The aligners themselves are ok though one set didn't fit despite wearing the previous set an extra two weeks and another set was so painful I had no choice but to switch to wearing them just at night for over a week.

Jessica Beck

July 10th, 2020 Bothell, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have the worst communication. You basically pay for the kit and once they get your money, that is the end of the communication. I did get my aligners, but as a hygienist of 21 years, I have really made a mistake in choosing a company that is difficult to get a hold of. I just had minor changes to make to my teeth and didn't feel I needed to pay the extra $ for braces. I was WRONG. If you have ANY problems along the way, you can't talk to anyone. If your teeth end up not working, you are out of the money, plus the added expense of doing braces again with a real orthodontist. DO NOT CHOOSE THIS COMPANY for braces. You are better off spending your money and time with a company that you can talk to whenever you many need something and they can monitor how the process is going. It is super risky to use this company. I would not recommend this to ANY of my patients.

Nicole

July 10th, 2020 Venice, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Same as everyone, my husband and I both signed up in February, had great customer service and then ever since March, we have not heard one word about getting our molds or aligners. I have called and emailed at least 20 times in the lat 4 months and have never received a response. We need to collectively sue this company to get our money back. $3000 down the drain.

Selena Ubaldo

July 7th, 2020 Kyle, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We need Jesus! Taking your money with promises to fix your smile and receiving nothing. Just a shame. They need to be sued.

Stephen

July 5th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid in full and kept getting the run around on approving my impressions. Now they won’t contact me back at all!!!! Company needs to be sued!!!

Jet

July 1st, 2020 Whitesboro, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Like all the other reviews, I paid in full, got to the point where I was waiting on aligners then they ghosted me. Luckily I contested the charges on my BofA card and they refunded my money. Looks like they scammed thousands so somebody should get prosecuted.

John Dory

June 30th, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BEWARE! They just disappeared after I paid for my retainers and have never answered a single email or sent me a single thing. I am currently disputing the charges with Affirm since they will not respond to my requests for a refund. DO NOT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY!

Sonya Rush

June 29th, 2020 Cornelius, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zero stars!! I am with everyone else who ordered and hasn’t received anything. I tried to dispute with credit card company and they have denied it. If anyone knows if there is a lawsuit against this company please post!

Lynette Kelley

June 27th, 2020 Skokie, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cannot believe what happened, I have been reaching out to Smilelove for months and nothing! Now I see all these reviews and how they are closed. How do I get my money back? What do the paying customers doing now?

Arhant Jain

June 23rd, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered my aligners but never got them, lost $1500. Is there a way we can get our money back? I will never recommend Smilelove to anyone not because they didn't return my money, but because they were never honest and kept ignoring my emails from the very start. I understand the gravity of the current situation but these guys lied straight away.

Breanna

June 18th, 2020 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give 0 stars I would, I ordered aligners back in Feb 2020 before the pandemic. There were plenty of emails back and forth. I was suppose to receive my shipment and I contacted them March 27th, two days after my promised date. They went ghost on me. No emails, no calls back, no Facebook message or insta DM response. I still have yet to recover my money lossed even with my bank they’re taking the 60 days to investigate since it’s a product paid for but undelivered. Do NOT use this company, even the BBB out of Utah states they are in a financial crisis. The sucky part of it is, I was suppose to get mine since before COVID, so they must have been in financial debt before this crisis. I didn’t even receive an email stating they were closing production or they were at a stop because of covid like other customers. Be ware they are a scam.

Mary

June 11th, 2020 Lafayette, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid for it all up front, didn't get anything.

TonyBagels

June 9th, 2020 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I, like a lot of people on here, paid in full but never received my aligners. At first I gave them the benefit of the doubt and figured the global pandemic may have slowed services down. The fact that they don't respond to ANY emails (even though they claim that they will in 5 business days) speaks volumes. This entire company is a fake and I've been scammed out of $1500. I hope someone finds a way that we can get our money back.

Thomas J Rouleau

June 8th, 2020 Des Moines, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. The company started off with plenty of emails and texts but completely stopped all communications. It appears they are in serious financial distress and likely for those of us who already paid and do not have the retainers yet, are likely in a bad position to get our money back or get the retainers as promised. Check the BBB for more details. Anybody considering using this company should avoid wasting their money.

Andy

June 6th, 2020 Schertz, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought and paid in full for the invisible braces back in November 2019, we couldn't get the teeth imprints to work properly so I cancelled it. My Mastercard paid for it when I contested it they went after them and then they turned around and put the full amount back on my card, that was Citibank. I have not been able to get ahold of anyone, because they are charging for a service that was never rendered, I believe that is fraud and something should be done about it. I'm not the only one

L.Glass

June 3rd, 2020 Clearwater, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I paid in full for their services. I never received anything. They took my money and poof, disappeared! I tried many times to contact them. No success in ever getting a person to talk to. They literally took my money and I received nothing.

P.K. Jain

June 1st, 2020 Sunnyvale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company, took all the money & never delivered the product.

Kaylan

June 1st, 2020 Poughkeepsie, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was promised a refund when I decided this company was not the right choice for me. My refund was promised in the beginning of March 2020 and it was never sent to me! They don’t respond they just ignore you! How do we sue?? How can they get away with this?!

Henry G

May 28th, 2020 Hollywood, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid in full and I never received anything back, I need help getting the money back, any information on where to complain? anyone?

Andy Chen

May 26th, 2020 Los Altos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SUE THIS COMPANY AND PLACE THE EXECS IN CHARGE OF SCAMMING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS / MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN JAIL. SCUMS DECIDES TO SCAM PEOPLE DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK WHEN WE ALREADY DO NOT HAVE MONEY.

Rashida Romeo

May 24th, 2020 Lake Worth, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is the worst. They created aligners that misaligned my teeth. I waited months from January 2020 till today (May 2020) to receive new aligners and haven't. After many emails, here is a snippet of what was stated: Despite receiving financial support from the government’s Payroll Protection Plan, we’ve been in a challenging place and on the road to going out of business. To stay alive, we have entirely re-evaluated our business plan and have made several significant changes. You can read about those changes in this blog post. What does this mean for you and your order? Our greatest desire is to fulfill your order and give you great support throughout your treatment. That is the purpose of our entire plan. To do that, we’re not allowing any refunds - financially, we’re not in a position to process them. Also, production for your aligners is on hold. We’ll keep you posted as we’re able to begin producing again. The best outcome for everyone is for the new business plan to be a success. We’re pushing forward to get new orders. The more orders we get under this new plan, the faster and better we’ll be able to service existing orders like yours.

gary smothers

May 19th, 2020 Springfield, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Scam. No social media presence since January. No teeth straighteners received. No online appointments kept. Here's what they do--wonderful customer service, all during the time frame you can request a refund from your bank. Then, after that time period, they disappear. We lost 1450.00. I am looking for a resolution. Tweet about them so they can't keep doing this.

John

May 19th, 2020 Huntingdon Valley, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This product failed miserably for me. I was in the process of getting another set of aligners after being totally jerked around by their customer service for three months. Needless to say, now they are completely unresponsive. Do yourself a favor and learn from my mistake. If zero stars were an option...

Mimi Choi

May 14th, 2020 Craig, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I had ordered sooner when they were actually replying to emails. I ordered a retainer for $99 and when I received it, it didn't even fit in my mouth. The impressions used, clearly must have belonged to someone else. I attempted to reach Smilelove by email, their website AND by phone. No response. I simply would like my money back for a product I can't even use. Now, what do I do when my teeth begin shifting because I can't use the aligner I paid for?

Paige Wood

May 12th, 2020 Plattsburgh, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give this company zero stars I would. I paid in full for a invisible liners and I completed the impressions as requested. I have now been 3 months with no response to countless emails, their phone number goes to a recording that says “no one is available” before hanging up and I have no way to get my liners or my money back. A total SCAM!!! I am now out $1700 for NOTHING excepted hours wasted on taking numerous impressions.

Jackie Bao

May 9th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I lost $1500 because this company is a scam. They said they processed a refund for me which is a lie. It`s been two months and I still don`t have my money. I contacted them endless times but they are out of business now. They were only in business for less than 2 years. Seems like they took customers and investors` money and ran.

Ty Johnson

May 4th, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid in full for my aligners at the end of December 2019. All communication dropped after I sent back my impressions. After trying to reach them for nearly 2 month, I learn from their FB page that they ate out business. No one bothered to call or email. Fortunately, I have PayPal protection. Even if this business got their ish together and reopened, I would never do business with them.

REGINA Black

May 1st, 2020 Utica, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Impressions were taken. Communication was given through email. Money was pulled out of the account for the service. No further communication after March. Will be seeking how to get refunded. Wrote an email and got an automatic reply that they would get back as soon as they could. Not sure if this is a scam or if they have been unable to maintain their business. Either way there is no response from this company.

Sbyrnsie

April 29th, 2020 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is a scam! They were circling the drain months before COViD. I have called, emailed, and sent social media message and I cannot contact or get a response! I have paid almost $500 of the $1300 payment plan (started 9/19) and still have not received aligners. I have contacted Affirm and the BBB. Don’t believe me? Check their social media! They flat out said be use of financial troubles, they cannot fulfill orders or issue refunds. Pay more and find a LEGIT company!

Koby

April 18th, 2020 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The two owners (Spencer G and David F) need to be sued out of existence. Me along with hundreds or thousands of customers paid for this service and never recieved our product and are not being refunded. these clowns are criminals and are trying to use covid as an excuse to steal hundreds of thousands of dollars from people. you can see the comments online of on their instagram account

Natalie Robinson

April 17th, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered from this company like 6 months ago got my impression kit, did the molds sent it back didn’t hear anything. 2 months later they send another box after my complaints, I figured they were my aligners,, nope just another impression kit. They said my aligners weren’t taken right when i sent pictures of them too. Anyways they said I had to schedule a call for them that’s why they couldn’t take them?!? So I tried to, I’ve emailed them, called them several times no answer. I’ve paid them for months already and still haven’t gotten my freakin aligners my teeth are shifting more and I’m so disappointed. Please don’t purchase from them I just want my aligners please! Just make my aligners and you won’t hear from me or give me my money back that you practically stole from all these poor people so they can go to an actual company that will actually do what they’re paid for. Beyond mad, if I don’t hear back from them, I will file a lawsuit this is theft

indyhuffmans

April 16th, 2020 Greenwood, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At first, the customer service response was top notch. Now, not even a year in, I'm finding they won't respond, my teeth are in worse shape than they were, and I'm out $1700. Such a shame.

Katherine

April 15th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do seem to have gone out of business. I haven't received any response to CS inquiries or my refund requests. I have filed an external claim in an attempt to get my money back as the company is unresponsive.