As of March 2020, Smilelove is out of business. We recommend researching other invisible braces companies here.

Review Icon

Customer Review: L.Glass from Clearwater, Florida [June 4, 2020]

"I paid in full for their services. I never received anything. They took my money and poof, disappeared! I tried many times to contact them. No success in ever getting a person to talk to. They literally took my money and I received nothing."

Smilelove an invisible aligners provider that focuses on creating an easy and convenient teeth straightening process. The simple treatment process, from receiving the impression in the beginning to the free retainers in the end, makes for an incredibly hassle-free alternative to traditional metal braces.

Smilelove is FDA approved and claims its aligners cost 75 percent less than the traditional orthodontist method.

Check out our Smilelove reviews to see what others are saying about this company.

#1 byte chevron_right
4.9
#2 SmileDirectClub chevron_right
4.1
#3 Candid chevron_right

The Good

• Fast-Track Bundle
  • Risk-Free
  • Many Free Products
  • 30-Day Guarantee
  • Customer Service
  • 100% Approval Financing

Fast-Track Bundle

Smilelove offers an accelerated payment process at its lowest price. If customers choose the fast-track option, they get aligners, retainers, an impression kit, and teeth whitening product, all for $1,895.

The difference between the fast-track bundle and the kit-first plan ($1,974) is that you pay for everything upfront in the fast-track bundle. The kit-first plan requires you to buy the kit ($79), see the preview of what your teeth will look like, and then pay the $1,895 for the treatment.

Risk-Free

If you've created a mold of your teeth using the impression kit and Smilelove's doctors determine that you're not a good fit or if you're unhappy with the preview, you'll be refunded in full

Many Free Products

Customers will get a free teeth whitening kit, along with their treatment plan. Customers also get free retainers and their aligners in the treatment package.

If you purchase the fast-track bundle, you’ll also get your impression kit for free. All of this adds up to hundreds of dollars of free product included in the treatment package.

Other invisible aligners providers charge extra for teeth whitening products, impression kits, and even retainers.

30-Day Guarantee

Smilelove offers a 30-day guarantee on impression kits. Every company offers a refund on the impression kit in the case of customers being ineligible for the treatment. However, few companies offer a refund policy on the impression kit whether or not the customer qualifies.

However, in order to qualify for the 30-day impression kit refund, the impression kit must be unused and unopened. There is no refund on manufactured aligners. Additionally, if you receive your preview and are unsatisfied, you qualify for a full refund.

Smilelove works hard to help people get their perfect smile. The company strives to provide superior customer service by reducing call-wait times and by making your teeth straightening process as simple as possible.

100% Approval Financing

Smilelove now offers 100% approval financing with 0% APR, making invisible braces treatment extremely affordable, even with bad credit. This makes Smilelove the most affordable invisible braces option on the market. There are two ways to pay, a one time payment or a monthly payment —

• One time $1,595 payment
  • 24 monthly payments of $66 ($1,845 total)*

* You must put down a $250 deposit if you opt for the monthly payment options.

The Bad

No Full Guarantee or Refund Policy

While Smilelove does offer full refunds on defective products, program ineligibility, and preview dissatisfaction, there is no guarantee on the SmileLove’s treatment program (other than a 30-day guarantee on the impression kit).

However, if a customer wears their aligners according to their treatment plan and their teeth do not match the treatment preview that was provided, Smilelove promises to work with them on a refund.

The Bottom Line

Smilelove is a great invisible aligner provider that focuses on making the alignment process and treatment and convenient as possible for customers. With Smilelove you don't have to visit your dentist or orthodontist. You can rest easy knowing that a Smilelove dental professional will evaluate and be there to guide you through the entire process. Smilelove also provides free retainers, impressions kits, and teeth whitening products as a part of its treatment package.

There are two options to getting your aligners. You can choose the fast track option, which will cost you $1,895 upfront, but you get the clear plastic aligners, teeth whitening kit, and the impression kit. Or you can choose the kit-first plan, where you can buy the impression kit separately and decide if Smilelove's treatment plan is right for you. Smilelove also uses high-quality plastic to ensure that its aligners are stronger, more durable, and more transparent than other invisible aligners.

Though there is no full guarantee on Smilelove’s treatment, the company does provide a 30-day guarantee on impression kits. Although the company is willing to work with any unsatisfied customers, it is also important to know that Smilelove only treats mild to moderate cases.

View Best Invisible Braces Companies

3.2

Stephen

July 6th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid in full and kept getting the run around on approving my impressions. Now they won’t contact me back at all!!!! Company needs to be sued!!!

Jet

July 1st, 2020 Whitesboro, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Like all the other reviews, I paid in full, got to the point where I was waiting on aligners then they ghosted me. Luckily I contested the charges on my BofA card and they refunded my money. Looks like they scammed thousands so somebody should get prosecuted.

John Dory

July 1st, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BEWARE! They just disappeared after I paid for my retainers and have never answered a single email or sent me a single thing. I am currently disputing the charges with Affirm since they will not respond to my requests for a refund. DO NOT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY!

Sonya Rush

June 29th, 2020 Cornelius, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zero stars!! I am with everyone else who ordered and hasn’t received anything. I tried to dispute with credit card company and they have denied it. If anyone knows if there is a lawsuit against this company please post!

Lynette Kelley

June 29th, 2020 Skokie, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cannot believe what happened, I have been reaching out to Smilelove for months and nothing! Now I see all these reviews and how they are closed. How do I get my money back? What do the paying customers doing now?

Arhant Jain

June 23rd, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered my aligners but never got them, lost $1500. Is there a way we can get our money back? I will never recommend Smilelove to anyone not because they didn't return my money, but because they were never honest and kept ignoring my emails from the very start. I understand the gravity of the current situation but these guys lied straight away.

Breanna

June 19th, 2020 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give 0 stars I would, I ordered aligners back in Feb 2020 before the pandemic. There were plenty of emails back and forth. I was suppose to receive my shipment and I contacted them March 27th, two days after my promised date. They went ghost on me. No emails, no calls back, no Facebook message or insta DM response. I still have yet to recover my money lossed even with my bank they’re taking the 60 days to investigate since it’s a product paid for but undelivered. Do NOT use this company, even the BBB out of Utah states they are in a financial crisis. The sucky part of it is, I was suppose to get mine since before COVID, so they must have been in financial debt before this crisis. I didn’t even receive an email stating they were closing production or they were at a stop because of covid like other customers. Be ware they are a scam.

Mary

June 15th, 2020 Lafayette, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid for it all up front, didn't get anything.

TonyBagels

June 9th, 2020 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I, like a lot of people on here, paid in full but never received my aligners. At first I gave them the benefit of the doubt and figured the global pandemic may have slowed services down. The fact that they don't respond to ANY emails (even though they claim that they will in 5 business days) speaks volumes. This entire company is a fake and I've been scammed out of $1500. I hope someone finds a way that we can get our money back.

Thomas J Rouleau

June 8th, 2020 Des Moines, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. The company started off with plenty of emails and texts but completely stopped all communications. It appears they are in serious financial distress and likely for those of us who already paid and do not have the retainers yet, are likely in a bad position to get our money back or get the retainers as promised. Check the BBB for more details. Anybody considering using this company should avoid wasting their money.

Andy

June 8th, 2020 Schertz, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought and paid in full for the invisible braces back in November 2019, we couldn't get the teeth imprints to work properly so I cancelled it. My Mastercard paid for it when I contested it they went after them and then they turned around and put the full amount back on my card, that was Citibank. I have not been able to get ahold of anyone, because they are charging for a service that was never rendered, I believe that is fraud and something should be done about it. I'm not the only one

L.Glass

June 4th, 2020 Clearwater, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

P.K. Jain

June 2nd, 2020 Sunnyvale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company, took all the money & never delivered the product.

Kaylan

June 2nd, 2020 Poughkeepsie, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was promised a refund when I decided this company was not the right choice for me. My refund was promised in the beginning of March 2020 and it was never sent to me! They don’t respond they just ignore you! How do we sue?? How can they get away with this?!

Henry G

May 29th, 2020 Hollywood, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid in full and I never received anything back, I need help getting the money back, any information on where to complain? anyone?

Andy Chen

May 27th, 2020 Los Altos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SUE THIS COMPANY AND PLACE THE EXECS IN CHARGE OF SCAMMING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS / MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN JAIL. SCUMS DECIDES TO SCAM PEOPLE DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK WHEN WE ALREADY DO NOT HAVE MONEY.

Rashida Romeo

May 26th, 2020 Lake Worth, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is the worst. They created aligners that misaligned my teeth. I waited months from January 2020 till today (May 2020) to receive new aligners and haven't. After many emails, here is a snippet of what was stated: Despite receiving financial support from the government’s Payroll Protection Plan, we’ve been in a challenging place and on the road to going out of business. To stay alive, we have entirely re-evaluated our business plan and have made several significant changes. You can read about those changes in this blog post. What does this mean for you and your order? Our greatest desire is to fulfill your order and give you great support throughout your treatment. That is the purpose of our entire plan. To do that, we’re not allowing any refunds - financially, we’re not in a position to process them. Also, production for your aligners is on hold. We’ll keep you posted as we’re able to begin producing again. The best outcome for everyone is for the new business plan to be a success. We’re pushing forward to get new orders. The more orders we get under this new plan, the faster and better we’ll be able to service existing orders like yours.

Kate Smith

May 21st, 2020 Paso Robles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is a complete scam! They say money back guarantee! Don’t count on it! Working with my bank to get it back. It’s all over the news how they are still taking orders but not providing service. My problem with them was before Covidid-19 so that’s not the reason.

gary smothers

May 20th, 2020 Springfield, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Scam. No social media presence since January. No teeth straighteners received. No online appointments kept. Here's what they do--wonderful customer service, all during the time frame you can request a refund from your bank. Then, after that time period, they disappear. We lost 1450.00. I am looking for a resolution. Tweet about them so they can't keep doing this.

John

May 19th, 2020 Huntingdon Valley, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This product failed miserably for me. I was in the process of getting another set of aligners after being totally jerked around by their customer service for three months. Needless to say, now they are completely unresponsive. Do yourself a favor and learn from my mistake. If zero stars were an option...

Mimi Choi

May 14th, 2020 Craig, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I had ordered sooner when they were actually replying to emails. I ordered a retainer for $99 and when I received it, it didn't even fit in my mouth. The impressions used, clearly must have belonged to someone else. I attempted to reach Smilelove by email, their website AND by phone. No response. I simply would like my money back for a product I can't even use. Now, what do I do when my teeth begin shifting because I can't use the aligner I paid for?

Paige Wood

May 12th, 2020 Plattsburgh, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give this company zero stars I would. I paid in full for a invisible liners and I completed the impressions as requested. I have now been 3 months with no response to countless emails, their phone number goes to a recording that says “no one is available” before hanging up and I have no way to get my liners or my money back. A total SCAM!!! I am now out $1700 for NOTHING excepted hours wasted on taking numerous impressions.

Jackie Bao

May 11th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I lost $1500 because this company is a scam. They said they processed a refund for me which is a lie. It`s been two months and I still don`t have my money. I contacted them endless times but they are out of business now. They were only in business for less than 2 years. Seems like they took customers and investors` money and ran.

Ty Johnson

May 5th, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid in full for my aligners at the end of December 2019. All communication dropped after I sent back my impressions. After trying to reach them for nearly 2 month, I learn from their FB page that they ate out business. No one bothered to call or email. Fortunately, I have PayPal protection. Even if this business got their ish together and reopened, I would never do business with them.

REGINA Black

May 4th, 2020 Utica, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Impressions were taken. Communication was given through email. Money was pulled out of the account for the service. No further communication after March. Will be seeking how to get refunded. Wrote an email and got an automatic reply that they would get back as soon as they could. Not sure if this is a scam or if they have been unable to maintain their business. Either way there is no response from this company.

Sbyrnsie

April 29th, 2020 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is a scam! They were circling the drain months before COViD. I have called, emailed, and sent social media message and I cannot contact or get a response! I have paid almost $500 of the $1300 payment plan (started 9/19) and still have not received aligners. I have contacted Affirm and the BBB. Don’t believe me? Check their social media! They flat out said be use of financial troubles, they cannot fulfill orders or issue refunds. Pay more and find a LEGIT company!

Koby

April 20th, 2020 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The two owners (Spencer G and David F) need to be sued out of existence. Me along with hundreds or thousands of customers paid for this service and never recieved our product and are not being refunded. these clowns are criminals and are trying to use covid as an excuse to steal hundreds of thousands of dollars from people. you can see the comments online of on their instagram account

Natalie Robinson

April 20th, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered from this company like 6 months ago got my impression kit, did the molds sent it back didn’t hear anything. 2 months later they send another box after my complaints, I figured they were my aligners,, nope just another impression kit. They said my aligners weren’t taken right when i sent pictures of them too. Anyways they said I had to schedule a call for them that’s why they couldn’t take them?!? So I tried to, I’ve emailed them, called them several times no answer. I’ve paid them for months already and still haven’t gotten my freakin aligners my teeth are shifting more and I’m so disappointed. Please don’t purchase from them I just want my aligners please! Just make my aligners and you won’t hear from me or give me my money back that you practically stole from all these poor people so they can go to an actual company that will actually do what they’re paid for. Beyond mad, if I don’t hear back from them, I will file a lawsuit this is theft

indyhuffmans

April 17th, 2020 Greenwood, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At first, the customer service response was top notch. Now, not even a year in, I'm finding they won't respond, my teeth are in worse shape than they were, and I'm out $1700. Such a shame.

Katherine

April 15th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do seem to have gone out of business. I haven't received any response to CS inquiries or my refund requests. I have filed an external claim in an attempt to get my money back as the company is unresponsive.

melissa chvojicek

April 13th, 2020 South Beloit, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just finished with my retainers from smile love. My teeth have gaps that were not there prior to starting. I'm not happy with my end results. I have reached out to the company about these issues but have not heard back yet.

Stolpes

March 17th, 2020 White Haven, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The communication with the company is horrible. I asked for a refund the day my I received my treatment plans. Every five days I receive a message as if it's the first time they are responding to me. a scam. Do not buy from this company.

Victor Steen

March 10th, 2020 Chattanooga, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is horrible. They are great until you pay your money. But if you have a question you will wait along time for a response.

William

March 10th, 2020 Huntington Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's been 4 months. I haven't received my aligners. You can only contact them through their website and they say the average response time is 5 business days. They just say they've passed initial review and waiting on second approval. No thanks.

SMiller

March 5th, 2020 Havre de Grace, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Process started well and company was very responsive through text. Once I received my preview and could not approve because it was clearly not based on my impressions, everything changed. Two months of trying to get my concerns addressed or a refund they would not respond to any of my communication (text, email, online contact, and phone calls). They do not honor their policy, they just ignore you. I have no aligners and they have my $1400.

Erin L

March 2nd, 2020 Johnson City, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I paid for my smilelove over 7 months ago and have yet to receive my first retainer. After I send in an impression the company will email me back saying the impressions were not good enough and to schedule a video chat before I do the next set. I’ll call between 7-10 times and no one answers so I’m forced to do the impressions again with no guidance. After I send them in, I get the same email back. This last time (after 4 attempts) they said the impressions were good but they still need pictures with the mouth piece in and to answer questions. I did all of this back in august and I already sent the mouth piece back with my first impression. This entire company is a scam and now I’m out $1400. Don’t buy from this company!!!!

Gina Manross

February 24th, 2020 Kingman, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My daughter just started wearing them. You can't even tell, her teeth are just kind of shiny. Great price! EXCELLENT option for payments through Affirm! No interest if you pay it off in 6 months. Smile love is helpful and on the ball! I have already recommended them to several people! My next 2 kids are on their way to needing aligners and we will be getting them through Smile love!

Arisa Sawyer

February 21st, 2020 Somerset, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I honestly decided on this company because of the price and positive reviews from youtube. But my experience has been horrible. The are nonresponsive and the retainers dont fit the sets are poorly designed and the progression done horribly.

Kara Skonieczny

February 21st, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not sure why this service has such high ratings. I've been in the process to start my program for over 6 months and have heard nothing back from the support team. I can't even reach anyone over the phone or email for the past two months. Does anyone even work there??

Francesca

February 21st, 2020 Victoria, BC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was really excited about signing up with this company because of the cost and finally made the decision to purchase the entire package upfront. The initial process was great and I really enjoyed the customer service. The processed of going through the impression kit via videoconference proved to be a great experience. Where it started to go wrong was after I received my first impression previews. I raised two concerns in an email hoping I would get a response, instead I just got a revised impression kit with only one of the issues I addressed and nothing in response to my second concern. So, I sent another email with my concern and I still haven’t heard anything back. The customer service rep keeps getting in touch with me advising they have reached out to the dental team, that they are following up with the dental team - but it’s been a while, way beyond there ‘response within 5 business days’ that they have been advising, and I still haven’t spoken to a certified Orthodontist at the dental team. I’m worried I may never. You also can’t reach anyone by phone, every number I’ve tried doesn’t even get to a real person. My biggest concern with the lack of transparency now is that they aren’t even using orthodontists. I have no idea because no one will speak to me on the phone, and I am regretting not just paying a little more to join with SmileDirect where you can address your concerns with someone right away. I just need someone to return my call so I can have one thing answered by an orthodontist to feel confortable and confident in this process again and order my aligners. You would think that paying up front would even give you some bit of a priority - instead it feels like people who haven’t paid in full are being prioritized because they haven’t given them all their money yet. I am not normally one to write reviews but considering the amount of money I have just paid and how difficult it is to speak to a real person let alone an orthodontist. I am very concerned.

K K

February 19th, 2020 Springfield, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

How easy they are to use and my teeth look back to normal. I did break a couple of my aligners because I play with them a lot.

Frustrated

February 12th, 2020 Traverse City, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Started the process of getting my daughter's aligners in July 2019. It is January 2020 and she still does not have them. She has re-done impressions at least 6 times now if not more. Every time she sends them in we get the same "one more try". That is what their scam is. They get you money and then never deliver the aligners because the impressions "aren't quite right" and you need to give it "one more try". I am contacting my attorney this afternoon to discuss legal action.

Frankie's mom

February 12th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lack of concern for their customers Only concerned with making money

Carrie Williams

February 7th, 2020 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m quite disappointed in my final results, actually. The only teeth that touch now are my front two on top and bottom. My rear bite is wide open and I’m not able to eat properly.

Rustler

February 7th, 2020 Franklin, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was told that normal braces wouldn't help- if need surgery to correct my teeth- so I turned to invisalighn- but they turned me down as well- smile love has been very helpful in helping new so the impressions and every one has been very friendly- I got my aligners and they fit my teeth so perfect no one even notices- I'm on set two and with very little discomfort

Andrew Rabbio

February 5th, 2020 Littleton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was skeptical going with a new company like Smilelove, but every step of the process has surpassed my expectations.

Melinda

February 4th, 2020 Pekin, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like how easy everything is to use in my own home. I love not having to go anywhere and yet I’m about to get the smile I’ve wanted for a long time. The only thing I disliked is how long it took the customer service to get back to me while I was doing my impressions. It was hours/a day later of waiting on a reply. Otherwise it’s been a great experience. :)

Sara B.

January 31st, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is great, and this is really important most of all during the first steps. They also send you a 3D picture of what your smile will look like at the end, so you can decide if go on or if ask for a refund before starting the process. Aligners are kind of uncomfortable just for the first few days, when you take them off to eat and put them on again. Nothing to worry about anyway, I don’t even call it “pain”, just little discomfort for less than one hour every time. 3 weeks with them and I’m totally satisfied! Can’t wait to see the final result!

Theresa G

January 24th, 2020 New Fairfield, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service, refuse to correct issues with liners and refunds are not allowed even before the liners are received! Avoid unless you like to waste money.

Sally Noble

January 23rd, 2020 Walnut Creek, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love these guys. I’m 72 years old and finally getting straight teeth! I flunked impression making but sailed through it with the video calls (which were also fun). I’m only on tray 2 so check back later.