Best Company Guarantee Candid Logo

Candid

7.3

LAST UPDATED: June 28th, 2022
Megaphone Icon

Attention: Candid offers an improved treatment process.

In an effort to provide top-quality service, Candid no longer offers at-home impression kits. New patients should schedule an in-office consultation with a local CandidPro provider to begin treatment. Candid will continue to expand its network nationwide to best serve customers around the United States.

Candid knows how important it is to love your smile. Founded in 2017 and based out of New York, the company saw a need to make the quest for a better smile more affordable and convenient than traditional orthodontic options. That's why the company strives to make straightening your teeth a simpler, more comfortable, and affordable process.

Candid offers clear aligner treatment for a fraction of the price of Invisalign — with as few as one to two office visits. Candid connects customers with a nationwide network of certified orthodontists. You can use the Candid website to search for CandidPro providers in your local area.

The hybrid treatment process starts with an initial consultation from a network of over 200 CandidPro doctors. If the dental professional approves your request for treatment, you can expect to receive your custom aligner kit within the next few weeks.

Candid treatment includes remote monitoring, which allows your provider to check on your progress with DIY smile scans requested every 14 days. All treatment boxes also come with a premium teeth whitening solution.

From start to finish, Candid aims to help you get straighter teeth without the hassle of repeated office visits. Keep reading our in-depth Candid review to learn more about the pros and cons of choosing this clear aligner treatment or go directly to Candid customer reviews.

The Good

• 6-Month Average Treatment
  • 4 Steps for a Straighter Smile
  • Quality Materials and Processes
  • Pricing and Insurance Options
  • New Dental Monitoring Tech
  • Positive Candid Reviews

6-Month Average Treatment

Customers can expect their treatment with invisible aligners to take an average of six months. However, the treatment time will greatly depend on the severity of your misaligned teeth. Most Candid treatment plans last 4 to 12 months.

Typically, an orthodontist will recommend invisible braces as a treatment to fix mild to moderate cases where there isn't much need for extensive orthodontic work or metal braces seem unnecessary.

Candid expects most customers to be treated within six months. This is especially true for adults that once received braces treatment but have since had minor teeth shifting over the years. Candid does not guarantee a 6-month treatment for all cases and mentions on its website that the treatment plan could take up to 12 months. Length of treatment will always vary by individual orthodontic cases.

4 Steps for a Straighter Smile

1. Show your teeth - Visit a local CandidPro provider for an initial consultation, scan, and treatment setup.
  2. Get your clear aligners - Your treatment box will be delivered right to your doorstep. This will include your clear aligners, monitoring device, and premium whitening foam.
  3. Check-in from anywhere - Your provider will track your progress with scans you take with your phone and monitoring device. You'll need to check in every 14 days throughout your treatment.
  4. Maintain your new smile - Once treatment is complete, keep wearing your retainers to maintain your new smile.

Candid clear aligners appeal to those who want the peace of mind of professional oversight without the inconvenience of repeated office visits. Customers should schedule a visit with a local CandidPro doctor to get an initial scan. Your provider will check to ensure you're a good fit for clear aligners. Once you have approval, your teeth scan will be sent off to the Candid team for processing and production.

In a few weeks, Candid will send the complete set of clear aligners to your door along with a premium whitening kit to give you brighter teeth. Every couple of weeks, you will be reminded to send a treatment picture to your CandidPro doctor. This virtual check-up will help your doctor decide if they need to make any treatment adjustments.

When you reach the end of your treatment, plan on wearing your retainers for as long as you want to maintain your new smile. You can use your last set of Candid aligners as retainers for the first six-months. Follow this six-week schedule to help your teeth heal after treatment:

• Week 1–2: Wear your retainers 22 hours a day
  • Week 3–4: Wear your retainers for 18 hours a day
  • Week 5–6: Wear your retainers for 12 to 14 hours a day
  • After Week 6: Wear your retainers for at least 8 hours every night

Replacement retainers can be purchased through the Candid website for $99 every six months.

Quality Materials and Processes

Candid's clear aligners are made with a thermoplastic called Zendura®, which is said to be stronger, more comfortable, and more transparent than clear aligners made from polyethylene terephthalate. These aligners are cut straight instead of scalloped to provide greater force against the teeth resulting in a more effective treatment process. Candid's aligners are also entirely free of BPAs, phthalates, and parabens.

Candid’s aligners are designed to adjust all your teeth even back to your molars if necessary. This is not the case for other invisible braces services that focus mainly on the six front teeth.

To ensure its aligners are of the best quality and that customers have a positive experience, Candid's aligners are custom crafted by experienced professionals and 3D-printed in the U.S to ensure accuracy and proper fit of their finished products.

Pricing & Insurance Options

Pricing options may vary by provider, but the average cost of Candid aligners is still cheaper than Invisalign. You can expect to pay around $3,500 or more for your Candid aligner treatment. Each provider will be able to set a price for treatment based on the duration and local competition.

The cost of Candid treatment can be greatly reduced through insurance providers. Many CandidPro dentists and orthodontists accept HSAs or FSAs and dental insurance plans from Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Empire Blue Cross, and others.

New CandidMonitoring Tech

Because of Candid's advanced technology, every treatment program is closely supervised by your local provider using the CandidMonitoring system. This helps people who don't have the time or desire to attend regular office visits receive proper help from a licensed orthodontist professional.

Candid's new dental monitoring technology is included with every aligner treatment. When you receive your aligners, you’ll also get a ScanBox and cheek retractor used to take a 3D scan of your teeth through Candid's smartphone app. Your CandidPro provider will use these scans to evaluate your progress to ensure your treatment is on track.

Your local dental professional will check in with you every 14 days to check the status of your teeth, give you instructions on the next steps, and tell you when to change Candid aligners.

This CandidMonitoring system gives customers peace of mind that their invisible braces process is working as it should and the end product they are hoping for is still on track. It also ensures customers are not alone in their journey and that they always have support — as if they were regularly seeing their provider in person.

Positive Candid Reviews

More than 85 percent of Candid reviews are 5 stars with customers highlighting a quick and easy treatment process, great customer service, and fast results. Many customers feel that the Candid staff is patient, professional, knowledgeable, and responsive, making for an overall positive treatment experience.

Some customers also like the option of visiting a Candid studio to receive an initial teeth scan. Candid Studios makes it easy to get started with treatment and ask questions face-to-face.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Connie Goldman from Northport, NY

“I have found working with Candid to be a very easy process. Every staff member that I’ve dealt with has been pleasant, enthusiastic, and helpful. I am about a month and a half into my treatment and I’ve had questions along the way. Candid responsiveness is immediate. I really like that they have an orthodontist who looks at your case to ensure you’re getting the best treatment possible. I would definitely recommend their service. The price is well worth it too. I would’ve paid three times as much locally.”

The Bad

• No Money-Back Guarantee
  • Hybrid Model Drawbacks
  • Treats Only Minor and Moderate Malocclusions

No Money-Back Guarantee

Candid doesn't offer any money-back guarantees options; however, the company does guarantee customer satisfaction in a different way. If you feel that Candid's aligners aren't working to give you straight teeth, or you are not getting the positive results that you hoped for, Candid will work with you to develop a new treatment plan, without additional charge — as long as a Candid-affiliated orthodontist feels that a new treatment plan is advisable.

You must follow the treatment plan as outlined including wearing your aligners as directed, completing all the treatment follow-up scans, and following any other recommendations from the orthodontist to qualify for the Candid guarantees.

Hybrid Model Drawbacks

The elimination of at-home impression kits has improved the overall accuracy and effectiveness of Candid treatments. However, individuals that do not live near a CandidPro provider may have to choose an alternative company or be willing to travel for the initial appointment.

The increased cost is another drawback of the new hybrid treatment model. Individual providers now price their treatment plans differently based on their business model. This has resulted in a large price jump compared to the previous direct-to-consumer model.

Treats Only Minor and Moderate Malocclusions

Customers should be aware that Candid does not treat severe teeth misalignment issues, spacing issues, or bite correction. If your treatment plan exceeds 16 sets of aligners, you are beyond Candid's scope, and the company might recommend you straighten your teeth another way (such as traditional metal braces).

However, if you have minor to moderate issues such as crooked teeth, protruding teeth, alignment or spacing issues, or discoloration, Candid can most likely help.

The Bottom Line

Candid is helping people get their perfect smiles in a more affordable way. The company's treatment process is designed to get customers approved quickly and on their teeth straightening journey fast, without having to spend hours at the dentist's office. Between the extensive provider network and high-tech treatment monitoring technology, Candid aims to make the invisible braces process as simple as possible.

Additionally, Candid has a strict policy when it comes to its dental professionals. Each professional must be a licensed orthodontist with at least 20 years of dental experience and at least 2-years of postdoctoral training in relation to teeth movement. This means you'll be getting a quality product created just for you by a veteran professional.

Be aware that Candid might not be the right company for you. If your teeth demonstrate an extreme case of misalignment and crookedness, then perhaps metal braces, or another alternative, may be more suitable for you. You may require more orthodontic care than the company will currently provide.

Candid is a viable aligner company for those looking to straighten their teeth with clear teeth aligners. However, we still recommend comparing this company to others in the industry to be sure you're getting the best treatment and price.

Check out Candid reviews below to read what customers are sharing about their experiences.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Jessica Bengtson McPherson, KS

I have been working with Candid now for over a year and a half. I love their customer service and their willingness to make sure their customers/patients are happy with their smile! In this time I have noticed that they have updated their quality of products and advanced their technology to better monitor their patients progress.

Reply from Candid

Thanks for your feedback, Jessica! When you're happy, we're happy.

Apr. 9th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Alisha Garcia Albuquerque, NM

My experience with Candid has been life changing. It gave me the opportunity to fix my teeth when no one else would. Also even when I need help the customer service is amazing and they always make sure I understand what the process is and always do everything to make sure it is the best for me.

Reply from Candid

Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing, Alisha. We really appreciate it.

Jul. 30th, 2021

cc Valley North Hollywood, CA

Terrible experience. My treatment was initally supposed to be 8 months or so. It has now been 3 years and I am still waiting for them to send me another impression kit so we can fix my original treatment plan. Apparently their "orthodontists" designing and approving the aligners and patient treatment plans dont know what they are doing. Even if you follow their treatment plan perfectly your results will be inaccurate. The hold times for customer service are hours long. They dont reply to emails. When they do finally speak with you they tell you things that they don't follow through with and it prolongs your treatment even more. Awful.

Mandi Colorado Springs, CO

I used Candid to straighten my teeth recently and am finishing up my treatment right now. I loved how easy it was to get started with Candid and how responsive the customer service reps were when I have silly questions or concerns. The imprint kit had straightforward and easy-to-understand directions and even came with video examples of what a good and bad impression looked like so my impressions were more accurate for my treatment. Every 2 weeks I use the provided scan box to scan my teeth. It is don using your phone through their app and is just as easy to use with videos on how to do each scan portion as well. I was also provided with little chewies to use for making sure my trays are snug on my teeth and a little travel container for when I have to take the trays out for eating. There is also a useful pull tool that makes removing them easier. My teeth have become so straight through treatment and I LOVE my smile now!

Snejwoo Colorado Springs, CO

So far, Candid has been very proactive and responsive, and I’m impressed - enough so, that I’ve paid for a treatment plan. What set them apart is that they work with licensed orthodontists who design a personalized treatment plan, price, and reviews. The reviews for other companies all mention that they have difficulty getting their next set of liners, or that they call with questions and concerns and have very little luck receiving a call back. With Candid, you receive all your aligners at once and I’ve already had a treatment coordinator assigned to me, and have a cell phone number for Noah. He was very informative our first phone call, and answered all my questions. He also let me know about their guarantees. So far, so good.

Marisol Fernandez

Making the mold of your teeth impressions is hard to do. You end up either biting too hard or not hard enough. I ended up going into a studio and the process was much easier there. I was also told that a lot of people have a hard time making their impressions at home. The first set of aligners was extremely painful. I expected a little soreness but this was almost unbearable. My teeth were so sore an sensitive that I had to eat liquids and purees for the first 6 days of my treatment. I think the first aligner was just too big of an adjustment for my teeth to get used to. Every aligner after that has been much less painful and has allowed me to eat solid foods throughout the treatment.

Nicole Elin Antoine Los Angeles, CA

I had one of my front teeth drop down a bit and Candid helped me get them straight again. I went to their location in Beverly Hills and got measured quickly. I received the retainers in the mail and wore them according to the ortho plan. 3 years later I have perfectly straight teeth and I still wear my retainer at night. The customer service is amazing! I wouldn't recommend any other company.

Cam Hall Richmond, VA

I really wanted to finish my treatment with Candid, but they were so, so aggressive with their messaging. They aggressively try to get you to schedule your first scan, pester you not to cancel, and after you scan they pester you to confirm and start your treatment - all RELENTLESSLY. I started the process and tried to get HSA redemption, and Candid kept billing despite me struggling to figure confirmation and billing (their confirmation bills aren't clear enough for HSA, apparently). They have great marketing, but their customer service seems very transactional.

Nura Orra New York, NY

David in customer service at candid has been the most and absolute helpful worker ever. My whitening kit was stolen and it delayed my treatment onset for weeks. David got right down to the issue and helped settle the situation, allow me to move forward with my treatments. He's been very thorough and attentive to details, always responsive when I send emails. I truly appreciate all his efforts, he deserves a big raise.

Chelsea Portra

I could not be happier with my Candid experience. They were helpful, friendly, and quick from the first time I reached out to them until now. My 3D rendering matches my new smile perfectly. I have recommended Candid to everyone who has concerns about their smile.

Liam Buchanan Oak Park, CA

Website was extremely informative and easy to schedule appointment. The staff at the office was very kind and helpful. I picked up aligners this morning from the Santa Monica office. They walked me and my parents through the entire process wearing, cleaning and everything involved for the straightening process.

Christa Kirgan

They worked while I wore them, but after I completed the aligners I was never mailed a retainer. The aligners I had seemed to be cut roughly on the ends and the plastic was sharp and not comfortable. A few sets of aligners looked like they were cut off too soon and did not cover my back teeth. The app was pointless, I downloaded it and submitted a ticket for the issues with the aligners and it took 2 weeks for someone to get back with me. When they did respond, it was a very generic answer. I feel like maybe I was one of the first customers and they didn't have the program quite perfected yet. It seems like a lot of money to pay and not receive everything.

Lauren

So far my experience has been great. I have not received or used my aligners yet so I can't rate the company as a whole just yet. I was a little bummed with the total price and the monthly payment options. I only have to wear the aligners for 8 months so I feel like the price should have been cheaper, but then again I am not entirely familiar with braces and aligner prices so that could actually be a fair price..

Reply from Candid

Hi Lauren! Thanks for your feedback. In order to keep our prices 65% lower than our competitors, Candid provides uniform pricing to all patients. Our treatment process always costs $1900 (after the Starter Kit or in-person consultation,) no matter how long your treatment plan is, and our financing plans are currently only offered through Affirm. Feel free to give us a call at 1-844-295-6915 if you have any other questions!

Jan. 8th, 2020

mehatsea Los Angeles, CA

My treatment was supposed to take approx 5-6 months. I'm going into a year + now, and having to get a THIRD set of aligners. I knew this last set wasn't working over 3 months ago and called multiple times but was NOT allowed to communicate with a dentist and was told to keep on going with my current set. The first set came RIGHT away. Now that I'm trapped, the process of doing impressions/getting the aligners is closer to 2 months. People are friendly when you call but I think they are a friendly front for a VERY poor and understaffed medical/dental team. Lack of communication between client and orthodontist does NOT seem to be a good model for straightening teeth in any kind of efficient way. Maybe it's just about the profits? If they weren't significantly cheaper than other options, and I knew what I was facing going in, I would NEVER have signed up for all this.

Callie Phelps Denver, CO

I have had several issues with my Candid experience. I have also submitted this to Candid, 6 weeks ago, and followed up each week, to receive no response from their team. Please note that if you are unsatisfied with your results, there is nothing to be done and they will keep your money. *Timeline* Expectation setting is so, so important when growing a product or brand. It sets the customer up for success and a good experience. I was told that I may be able to move from aligner to aligner every 10 days, meaning the minimum the process would take would be 4 months. Great! Of course, there's the chance that I stay in a few sets for longer, so I was thinking it would be 6 months at the most. Welp...here I am a year later and still not through all 12 sets. And I *GET IT* - we definitely don't want to move my teeth too fast and this has been the best path for me. But there is just no heckin' way that this process could have been completed in four months. I wear these bad boys every day and every night and haven't skipped a single day or night. If I had known that I would still be trying to complete the sets a year later, I would not have gone through with this process. *Quality of Product* I have had to stay in 3 of my sets for a long time. And those sets that I end up having to wear for a long time do not stand up to wear. They start cracking or fraying, which cuts up my mouth. I use a metal file to file down the cracky places, but why is this even a thing I have to do? *My Actual Smile Composition* Now that I am on the tail end of this whole process, I do not think I was a good fit for aligners. I think I needed to have a few teeth shaved down on the sides to create more space before trying to straighten my teeth. The aligners have pushed my teeth forward so they can all fit and be straight. This forward push has caused the outside of my mouth to look different. The space above and below my lips now sticks out because my teeth are further out. My teeth look GIANT now when I smile, unfortunately. *Messaging with the Scan Upload* I wish I were able to include a message with the upload of my scan to the ortho. I have chatted in when I need to, but it would be so much easier to include a message or question with the scan.

Larissa Evans Park Forest, IL

My aligners are paid for, I'm getting elite whitening for free and I'm one step closer to a healthier, prettier smile!!! Noah, while he scared me a couple times (funny man!), proved to be a great help and got me some serious discounts!!! I would 100% recommend to my friends!!!

Hope Prater North Port, FL

There were technical issues accepting my treatment plan and processing my payment. Zou was super helpful and fixed the issue. He stayed on the line with me until he knew for sure the issue was fixed and walked me through completing my treatment plan.

llama991 Los Angeles, CA

Good start, but I felt the person scanning me in studio before the start of treatment, rushed through the appointment, and I wasn't confident that I got accurate scans. She didn't seem super detail -orientated. And now 8 months later, I need refinements, so it I wonder if that contributed to that. Plus confusing texts and emails near the end of treatment when I knew I needed refinements, as my teeth spaces had not been closed as promised at the beginning of treatment. Also, the staff at the studio seem nice, but every time I went in there, there were new people working there (and always seemed to be training someone new) so it was frustrating not having a single point person who knew my case and account. Plus, they don't have whitening foam or chewies at the studio, I thought I could walk in and get them, but I had to order them, so it took longer. Also, the robot texts really were confusing, says 'congrats, you're done' when clearly, I was not. And also texts about discussing payment plans, when I had already paid in full 8 months ago. And then texts welcoming me as a new client when I had already been one for 8 months. Not a good look for the company! I really want to like my experience, but it remains to be seen, as I will have to wait and see if refinements work out for the desired result. So I can't say I recommend it yet. Before I started, I paid $300 to my dentist to get scans for Invisalign, but ended up choosing Candid since it was less expensive, but now I wonder if I made the wrong decision, since my teeth are not 'done' in the time Candid promised, and not having a real person/orthodontist to see in person would have been nice. I really hope the refinements work out.

Tyler Boston

Ashley and Sihara were ama ingot attentive and answered all my question I had about the candid process. With their reassurance I’m incredibly confident and trust that candid is going to help me meet my goal of an improved smile! Thank you for all your help Ashley and Sihara!

ashley early Baltimore, MD

Owen I was seen in the north Bethesda office, he was very professional patient and kind he explain everything so well for me and was very respectful and not judgemental at all. I had a good experience. By this being my first time at a place like this I kindly recommend this for orthodontist work for teeth straightening.

Mike R San Francisco, CA

So far everything has been great! Communication has been good, and not too frequent. Sometimes when you engage with a company, they bombard you with emails and texts. Not so with Candid. The process has been very simple, and I'm super excited that I will be able to straighten my teeth without every having left my house!

Amanda Doskocil Los Angeles, CA

So far, my experience with candid has been wonderful—and so much better than the previous aligned company I worked with. Considerable time was taken to make sure my diagnostics and imaging were perfect, and I feel my concerns were heard and considered.

Levi Reicks Phoenix, AZ

It's very convenient to have access to a teeth alignment service that does not require in-person visits. But I feel the need to say that, while my teeth have improved significantly, there is at least 1 tooth that does not look straight in the way that I want. For this price, I feel like I should be getting exactly what I want.

tahar

the quality is great. however, is very challenging and too hard to communicate with the orthodontist I tried to reach him a several times but it seems like i could not talk to him i really don't know why ?

Cami

They actually work! I can see my teeth moving and I'm only on my 5th step. The customer service was fantastic, even getting through the payment process z and are available 24/7.

Regina Callahan

Very helpful and it really works. I struggled with the app, at first, but a consultant helped me with my issues. I haven't had any other problems since. I'm very satisfied with the service and the product.

Erin D. Allison Park, PA

Everything from start to finish arrived in a timely manner. Directions were easy to understand and there was help given through the company itself at any point you need it. Candid fixed my teeth in about nine months!

Reply from Candid

Congratulations, Erin! And thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it.

Dec. 23rd, 2020

Rachelle Miami, FL

Customer Review Video

Diane Molloy

The retainers I am wearing for over a week are ripping the inside of my mouth. I was told to file them with a nail file in those areas but it didn't change anything. Can't eat with them on. Should be some sort of way to order first retainer and be able to have a two-week money back guarantee. These aren't for everyone and there should be some sort of option.

Yolanda Farnum Gilbert, AZ

I felt that the whole process has been very clear and professional. I was a little set back in the price, but also want to be assured that I get quality for the price and it seems that they will deliver that. The process seems to be well organized and tailored to the patient/client. The fact that an orthodontist is involved in the process all the way through is great! The staff at the Candid studio I went to today were friendly, professional, well presented, and made me feel welcomed.

Lori Matthews Fort Worth, TX

I haven’t yet started my treatment but I wanted to leave a quick review on the process up to ordering. It was so perfectly streamlined. I am in a very rural area so it’s difficult for me to get to see a good orthodontist. Having Candid shipped to my house was great and the complete communication with Candid has been impeccable. I cannot wait to get my set!

Anna Brooklyn, NY

The process was super easy and amazing. I went to a studio and first of all, it's gorgeous. It feels like you're walking into the Apple version of an orthodontist. They gave me a bottle of sparkling water and a cute toothbrush/toothpaste/lip balm when I got there then Fiona took my scans. Scans were easy and pretty cool and high tech. She was also super informative throughout each step, calming my nerves and answered all of my questions and made me feel so good about moving forward that I purchased it on the spot. I've now received my aligners and on my third aligner and it's been great! I don't even really notice they're in there, it doesn't mess up my speech in any way and my teeth are whiter already! So excited to complete my aligners and have the perfect, straight, pearly white smile!

Tiana Hollomon San Francisco, CA

I normally have so much anxiety going to the dentist. I had a few really bad experiences that have made it hard for me to go back even for yearly checkups and cleanings. I’ve wanted to straighten my teeth for years but have put it off until now. Alexis made me feel right at ease and explained everything in a quick and friendly way. She made sure to stop and ask every now and then if I had any questions which made me even more comfortable. I was nervous when I first came in not knowing what to expect and I’m leaving feeling excited and ready for my new smile journey! Thanks Alexis for being so kind and professional. I can tell she’s really passionate about the work she does and helping people reach their ultimate smile goals !

Tos Balogun Corona, CA

I am so happy to have been partnered with Shayla is my Candid representative. I had such the hardest time getting my FSA debit card to work and that resulted in several rescheduled payment appointments with Shayla. I would say it took us at least four appointments to get everything squared away, but through it all, Shayla kept a positive attitude and she was super super patient! I never felt rushed, or pressured, and she was so kind and understanding. She even stayed on the phone with me as I connected her to my FSA department on a three-way call. She is such an asset to the Candid team and I couldn't have asked for a better person to kick off my Candid journey with! Thank you thank you thank you Shayla; you're very much appreciated!

Mandi Colorado Springs, CO

Customer Review Video

Luisa G.C. New York, NY

People listen- actually, read here...this place is absolutely amazing! And no, I’m not just saying that to be nice. This is my first time visiting, actually made a last-minute appointment, and everything from beginning to end was exceptional. And, no, keep reading... I am not a fan of any dental visit- just everything about them normally get me antsy. But, this was so NOT the case here at Candid. Just amazing customer service, super easy x-ray done, ridiculously super fast 3-D pictures, the explanation of the treatment, and all. Bobby was super professional, so friendly, super efficient, and just the absolute best! But the whole team was really welcoming and so warm and efficient and everything you are looking for when you go for any service visit. And nope, I am not a paid reviewer or advertiser, or anything of the sort. I am loving this experience. I cannot wait until I get my aligners, and I think I’ll do an update here once I get them! Super excited about all of it! If you are reading this because you’re thinking about it, seriously just make a appointment. You will not regret it!

A. L. Lee, MA

Candid has been a great experience so far. As someone who has struggled with a narrow pallet and actually had braces 3 times from age 10-28 (yup 3) I have basically been traumatized by the whole orthodontic experience. Back in my day they didn't have the pallet expanders so every time I went without retainers my teeth would want to go back to that same narrow buck tooth position. I had been wearing a retainer for 20 years (I'm 48) and when it finally broke my teeth started to shift again. In a panic I did research so that I wouldn't have to go back to the orthodontist and that is when I found Candid. They have been nothing short of amazing. The step-by-step instructions for the molds right down to the step-by-step instructions for the scans have been perfect. I love getting my 10-day scan results telling me to move on to the next set of aligners and love to see the before and after pictures. Thank you Candid for helping me get my smile back.

Reply from Candid

Thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it.

May. 19th, 2021

Kevin Wu ,

Mollie and Claudia made the Candid experience phenomenal, going above and beyond my expectations (12/10). I visited 632 Broadway inside the HealthQuarters building. As a gen-z/millennial, I appreciated every single detail that went into creating this studio and the people running it. Definitely got Warby Parker for Teeth Alignment vibes. Mollie was incredibly warm, communicative, and humorous, making the 60+ minutes session a far-cry from traditional dentist or orthodontist appointment. It was like a good tech-savvy friend was treating me, and we were just hanging out. She walked me through everything thoroughly, answering and fielding many of my questions perfectly, and was impressively articulate and warm. To the management team, she deserves a huge raise, team-wide recognition, and more praise. Claudia was a bit shy, but that made the exchanges with her charming. She has a certain charisma that made my initial impression of Candid, extremely positive. Made me think Candid is an authentic and charming brand. I really enjoyed my interactions with her. Overall, an exceptionally stellar experience. If Candid had a Mollie/Claudia for every studio, Candid would be the next Tesla in terms of valuation! To the moon 🚀

Kelly Dunning Oakland Gardens, NY

Went to the upper east side location and met with Brooke. I explained how I had had both regular braces AND Invisalign and at the end of my treatment I still had only received like 95% satisfaction. She did a great job at thoroughly explaining the process and assured me that if at the end of this process I wasn’t 100% happy they would do what needed to be done to make sure I was. That in itself had me sold. They offer affordable payment plans and financing, and while it’s not astronomically priced like Invisalign it’s still nice to have the option considering we’re in a pandemic. I decided to proceed and am so excited to get my first set of trays with custom notes from my assigned orthodontist. I highly recommend candid.

Michaela S Plainfield, NJ

I have not yet started my treatment with Candid but I had my virtual meeting today to review my treatment. I spoke with Jared & I have to say he sealed the deal. I have been wanting to better my teeth for a long time now & spending this much money at once is very intimidating. I did my research on Candid long before I purchased my starter kit. Not only does Candid have great reviews but they only have orthodontists working on your treatment plan. For me that was very reassuring. Although I went through the starter kit & saw my treatment plan I was still on the fence. Jared was so professional yet personable. He really took the time to make sure I felt comfortable with the treatment/ journey ahead of me! If it wasn’t for him I probably would not have went through with this. Thank you so much Jared & Dr. S. for all your help this far. I can’t wait to start my aligners & whitening treatment!

Ursula Rockville, MD

The experience was seamless and very pleasant from start to finish. I logged on the website to schedule an appointment and was happy to see immediate availability. Received intake forms which were easy to complete and avoided waste of time at the office. Saleem was kind and patient. He offered to answer any and all questions throughout my visit. He was very professional, explaining everything he was doing as we went through the process. Especially during these times of Covid, I noticed his diligence to keeping the area clean and keeping both of us safe. The location in Rockville is very easily accessible and very clean and professional. I was pretty sure I wanted to proceed with the program upon visiting, But after my studio evaluation, I am even more confident about my selection and the care I will receive. I was looking for a quality program that was affordable and would be monitored by professional care and I believe that’s what I’m getting. Hope to have a perfect smile in 6 to 10 months!

Angela Sotnikov Honolulu, HI

Their customer service is outstanding! Consistently pleasant and friendly. I was a little disappointed in my very first initial treatment for 2 reasons: By the end of my treatment my teeth weren't as straight as I was promised. They did however offer a few additional aligners for no additional cost since the first treatment didn't get me to my goals. The 2nd reason I was disappointed was that I didn't get retainers for the end of my treatment and that's when 2020 hit us and I just couldn't find the time/ desire to reach out to get a set and stopped wearing anything to keep my teeth straight. That part my own fault but I wish the retainers had come like they were supposed to. I am about to go through a new treatment with them a year later and I'm very excited to hear how much change they've implemented especially with the new scanners that they now include for use before switching aligners. That will be a huge help!

Hrag Barsoum Concord, CA

So far, it’s been an exceptional experience! I related to my Treatment Coordinator, Patrick L., because we both have been involved in similar fields of work. He really broke the ice and made the experience worthwhile and I thank him for the extra time he put in to speaking with me today in regards to my teeth and how we will be correcting them. Overall I will be recommending Candid to all my friends and family who may have similar issues. I’ve been waiting a long time for this moment and have saved just enough to make it finally happen. You all be safe and Thanks again to the Candid team. Special thanks to Patrick, you be safe and hope you get a promotion after this you deserve it for what you’re doing for all of us out here!!!

Mike P Gardnerville, NV

There are few companies any where in life that can meet the triad of excellence from a company and product perspective. The triad being, price, convenience, and quality. Usually you are sacrificing on at least on of those. Not here! I saved a tonnn as opposed to going with my doctors recommendation of Invisalign (or worse braces). Knowing that there was oversight from and ACTUAL orthodontist gave me a ton of peace of mind. I know none of these other companies like Byte or SDC do that. And all I had to do was go in for one visit. Then I was doneee. I am currently on step 19 of 20 and honestly, I could stop here. I am soo happy with my results. You guys are the best. Seriously, thank you Candid!

SHAWNA KENNEY Costa Mesa, CA

So far I am just getting started but the first couple of steps have been great!! I went into the Irvine studio for my initial consult where they took the 3D images of my teeth. Such a cool experience and the customer service was outstanding! They were so gentle and made you feel very comfortable. The next step was having a virtual consult, whom mine was with Emma Draughn. You can tell she ass very knowledgeable. She walked me through what the entire process would look like from start to finish, answering any questions I had. I felt so secure with my decision to move forward, I paid in full for my entire treatment plan right then and there! I purchased the additional whitening treatment, where I am to do for 9 days before I actually start my Invisalign process. I received both packages in the mail quicker than the expected delivery date ... already 7 days into the whitening treatment and am loving it!! I cannot wait to start my Invisalign and see the magic work!

Merizza Pittsburgh, PA

Friendly and fast service! Answered all my questions and am so surprised I got financed for aligners, hoping it works out and I am a candidate. I honestly gave up for years, the thought of fixing my crooked teeth, alignment issues, possibly even my slight TMJ (jaw clicking), and teeth chipping. My dentist kept recommending braces, but as an adult I don't have ortho coverage and the cost was 5k! I am looking forward to working on the health of my teeth and gums this new year! Thank you for a super efficient walk through of everything even in the late hours. Thankful I heard about Candid. Wonderful! Take care!

Chance S. Valley City, ND

The person I worked with as far as getting payments set up was named Corey. He did a really good job explaining the process and working with me as far as times to set up phone calls. Really personable and not intimidating at all. We ran into some computer troubles and he got it all taken care of over the Christmas weekend so it was really nice to get it all figured out today. Even after we were done he made sure to let me know it was okay to reach out to him if I had any other concerns or questions. So far, the customer service has been great and I'm really looking forward to getting my impression kit!

amanda Fort Worth, TX

I was so excited to use Candid, because one of my biggest insecurities is a crooked tooth I have up front. At first I was disappointed when I got the email saying maybe they wouldn’t work for me, and I reluctantly tried to cancel my aligners. However, when Kris called and eased all of my worries, explained the email more thoroughly, answered my questions, and even talked about his own personal experience I was so impressed that I ordered my aligners right on the spot. He was incredible and his thoughtfulness, knowledge and reassurance is 100% the reason I chose to follow through with ordering my aligners. Thank you for your wonderful service , Kris!

Jin lee ,

My husband and I recently visited Candid studio, which located in Santa Monica, CA. Our treatment plan was done last July, but we haven’t visited the studio because of Covid19. It was overwhelming for us to go to indoor where people visit constantly, especially a place using tools touching people’s tongue and teeth. However, I really wanted get refinement check before it was too late, also my teeth weren’t completely fixed, such as food gets stuck every time I eat due to random gaps between teeth after treatment. Once we stepped into the studio, there were 3 employees, Tiffany, Morgan and Rob, who were so polite and professional. There are so many things I can say and.... First of all, we parked across the street from the studio, which we didn’t know those spots were only for the residents. Tiffany saw us and came outside to notify us where is the Candid designated parking spot, so we don’t get tickets (Santa Monica takes really serious at towing and ticketing). I feel very appreciated that she approached to us, even though it want her necessary duty. Second of all, from this visit, employees made me think that I can trust Candid studio to visit whenever I need and want. Once we entered the studio, Tiffany checked temperature with manner and cleaned the bathroom and some equipments from where I can see them, that made me super relieved (we arrived a bit earlier than our appointment). She didn’t rush or skip any of sanitizing/cleaning procedures due to Covid19. I was really impressed how much all the employees keeping the studio well sanitized, which is very important these days. Tiffany worked with me whole hour and she made me feel so comfortable with her professionalism and enthusiasm. Rob helped my husband, James. I could overhear their conversations and laughs (there was just two of us in the studio due to Covid19 occupancy policy). I could tell Rob probably felt the tension from us being in a studio, and he tried to help James to relax by telling his experiences with candid. Rob totally made James’s feeling very understood and relived . Morgan was also working busy answering countless phone calls and in person/walk-in clients. She gave us chapstick when we were about to bleed from opening our mouth like a frog from the dental mouth gag lol I have experienced that Candid employees treat their clients just like their family. I really appreciate for every thoughtful and professional gestures and their work ethics. I wish everyone who visits candid experience the exact same experience we have. Happy holidays Candid, Jin Stephanie Lee

Ashley Hesington Jersey City, NJ

I really like my experience so far! Im on my 5th step in the program, which means Im about 10 weeks in ( youre suppose to change your aligners ever two weeks). The box comes with all of the aligners, so you wont have to wait for a weekly shipment or anything like that. It also comes with this whitening foam which I can see a major color change in my teeth! The first day or two of new aligners you will want to take advil or something to help with the ‘teeth shifting’ pain. The pain normally wears off around day three of the new aligners. So far, I really love it. Its way cheaper than braces and people have noticed a difference in my teeth already! Im just a normal customer, not working for this company or anything, but I have a referral code for discounts if anyone is interested. My link will give you$100 off the program, as well as giving you the impression kit for free( normally $90 something). I just gave my sister this info, so I figured Id share the wealth with strangers who were in the same boat as me.

Reply from Candid

Hi Ashley! Thanks so much for sharing your Candid story with us. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions throughout the rest of your treatment!

Oct. 22nd, 2019