Best Company Guarantee Candid Logo

Candid

8.6

LAST UPDATED: December 2nd, 2021

Candid knows how important it is to love your smile. The company saw a need to make the quest for a better smile more affordable and convenient than traditional orthodontic treatment. That's why the company strives to make straightening your teeth a simpler, more comfortable, and affordable process.

Candid offers remote clear aligner treatment for a fraction of the price of traditional braces — all without office visits. But that doesn’t mean sacrificing expert oversight. Unlike alternatives, Candid treatment includes remote monitoring, which allows the state-licensed orthodontist overseeing your case to check on your progress remotely. It all starts with a free visit to a Candid Studio or at home by purchasing a Starter Kit for $95. From start to finish, Candid aims to help you get straighter teeth from the comfort of your home.

As an alternative to traditional metal braces, Candid is dedicated to giving you a whiter, straighter smile through clear aligners. For a limited time, Candid customers can receive $65 off when they purchase a Candid Starter Kit using the code ATHOME.

Go Directly to Candid Customer Reviews

The Good

• 6-Month Average Treatment
  • New Smile in 3 Steps
  • Advanced Teledentistry
  • Pricing & Insurance Options
  • New Dental Monitoring Tech
  • Candid Studio Locations Available
  • Positive Candid Reviews

6-Month Average Treatment

Customers can expect their treatment with invisible aligners to take an average of 6 months. However, the treatment time will greatly depend on the severity of your misaligned teeth. Typically, an orthodontist will recommend invisible braces treatment to fix mild to moderate cases, where there isn't much need for extensive orthodontic work or metal braces seem unnecessary.

Candid expects most customers to be treated within six months. This is especially true for adults that once received braces treatment, but since have had minor teeth shifting over the years. Candid does not guarantee a 6-month treatment for all cases but mentions on its website that the treatment plan could take up to 11 months. Length of time will always vary by individuals orthodontic cases.

New Smile in 3 Steps

1. Show your teeth - Take impressions of your teeth at home with a starter kit, or visit one of the Candid Studios.
  2. Get your clear aligners - They’ll come with everything you need for treatment.
  3. Check in from anywhere - Your orthodontist will track your progress with scans you take from your phone.

There are those who like visiting the dentist and those who don't. Candid braces appeal to both types of people by offering two options to straighten teeth. Customers can visit a local Candid Studio office or order an at-home teeth straightening starter kit to take impressions of their teeth themselves.

If you choose to use the at-home starter kit, you'll take a mold of your teeth through the modeling kit and mail it back to Candid where a licensed orthodontist will review your case. If you are approved for invisible braces, Candid will send you an interactive 3D model of your teeth straightening treatment plan.

If you choose the at-home plan, Candid will send the complete set of clear aligners straight to your door along with a premium whitening kit to give you brighter teeth and a set of retainers. If you choose to go to a Candid Studio, you can either book an appointment online or just walk in to begin the process.

You'll receive a free scan of your teeth and be shown an interactive 3D digital model of your teeth. Again, if your feedback indicates that you are approved, a treatment plan will be customized through your assigned orthodontist immediately. Candid will then deliver the premium teeth whitening kit and a set of clear retainers right to your door.

You may need to visit your dentist before ordering from Candid to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy enough to use clear plastic aligners.

Advanced Teledentistry

Because of Candid's advanced technology, every treatment program is closely supervised by a board-certified orthodontist. Meaning you'll never have to visit the dentist's office again to inquire about solutions for straighter teeth, (unless you want to). This helps people who typically fear those dentist visits to receive the proper help they need from licensed orthodontists professionals.

Candid's clear aligners are made with a thermoplastic called Zendura®; which is said to be stronger, more comfortable, and more transparent than clear aligners made from polyethylene terephthalate. Candid's aligners are also entirely free of BPAs, phthalates, and parabens.

To ensure its aligners are of the best quality and that customers have a positive experience, Candid's aligners are custom-crafted by experienced orthodontists and 3D-printed here in the U.S to ensure accuracy and proper fit of their finished products.

Pricing & Insurance Options

How much does Candid cost? Pricing options may vary by treatment, but the average cost of Candid aligners is $2,400. Candid seeks to make their braces affordable through flexible payment plan options and by working with your insurance provider. Customers who cannot afford to make an upfront payment can apply for financing through Candid's financing partner, Affirm. Eligible customers can qualify for installments payments as low as $99 per month for 24 months with 0 percent APR and 0 percent down.

Candid also offers its own payment option. Customers can apply for the new Candid payment plan that provides customization based on individual needs. This plan has a high acceptance rate with more than 99 percent of applicants being accepted. Plans start with an initial payment of $299 down and monthly payments as low as $79 over 36 months.

The cost of Candid treatment can be greatly reduced through insurance providers. Candid accepts HSAs or FSAs and is in-network with multiple insurance carriers including Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Empire Blue Cross. By funding your invisible braces through the use of your insurance and the Candid financing options, you could end up paying just a few hundred dollars for your invisible braces through Candid.

If you have the cash available to pay for your Candid kit in full, you can save money with the Buy It Now offer and get $300 off the normal cost of the Candid Aligner kit. You will get your full aligner kit in one box that includes a free starter kit, whitening foam, and your custom invisible aligners.

New CandidMonitoring Tech

Worth $350, Candid's new dental monitoring technology is included with every aligner treatment. As part of the new offering, when you receive your aligners, they will also come with the equipment you need to take a 3D scan of your teeth through Candid's smartphone app. An orthodontist will use these scans to take a look at your teeth to ensure your treatment is on track.

The orthodontist that creates your treatment plan will also be the one checking the progress of your scans through your invisible braces process, so you don't have to worry about speaking to multiple orthodontists throughout your journey. Your orthodontist will check in with you every 10-14 days to check the status of your teeth, give you instructions on the next steps, and tell you when to change Candid aligner.

This dental monitoring gives customers peace of mind that their invisible braces process is working as it should and the end product they are hoping for is still on track. It also makes sure customers are not alone in their journey and that they always have support as if they were regularly seeing an orthodontist in person.

Candid Studio Locations Available

Unlike most other invisible braces companies, Candid has studio locations you can visit to book a free consultation and teeth scan. There are more than 23 studio locations around the United States with more opening every day. All studios operate in accordance with ADA, CDC, and OSHA guidelines to protect customers and team members. Here is a list of Candid's current physical locations:

• Atlanta, Georgia
  • Livermore, California
  • West Hollywood, California
  • Long Beach, California

Positive Candid Reviews

More than 85 percent of Candid reviews are 5 stars with customers highlighting a quick and easy treatment process, great customer service, and fast results.

The Bad

• No Money-Back Guarantee
  • Does Not Treat Severe Cases

No Money-Back Guarantee

Candid doesn't offer any money-back guarantees options, however the company does guarantee customer satisfaction in a different way. If you feel that the aligners aren't working to give you straight teeth, or you are not getting the positive results that you hoped for, Candid will work with you to develop a new treatment plan, without additional charge — as long as a Candid affiliated orthodontist feels that a new treatment plan is advisable. Also, in the case that you are not eligible for Candid's teeth aligner services, you will receive a full refund.

Does Not Treat Severe Cases

Customers should be aware that Candid does not treat severe teeth misalignment issues, spacing issues and bite correction. If your treatment plan exceeds 16 sets of aligners, you are beyond Candid's scope and the company might recommend you straighten your teeth another way (such as traditional metal braces). However, if you have minor to moderate issues such as crooked teeth, protruding teeth, alignment or spacing issues, or discoloration, Candid can most likely help.

The Bottom Line

Candid is helping people get their perfect smile in a more affordable way. The company's three-step process is designed to get customers approved quickly and on their aligner journey fast, without having to spend hours at the dentist's office. Between the at-home options and flexible financing plans, Candid aims to make the invisible braces process as simple as possible.

Additionally, Candid has a strict policy when it comes to its dental professionals. Each professional must be a licensed orthodontist with at least 20 years of dental experience and at least 2-years of postdoctoral training with relation to teeth movement. Which means you'll be getting a quality product created just for you by a veteran professional.

Be aware that Candid might not be the right company for you. If your teeth demonstrate an extreme case of misalignment and crookedness, then perhaps metal braces, or the alternative, may be more suitable for you. You may require more orthodontic care than the company will currently provide. If you're not a candidate, you'll be refunded the cost of the impression kit.

Candid is a viable aligner company for those looking to straighten their teeth with clear teeth aligners. Although we recommend comparing this company to others in the industry to be sure you're getting the best treatment and price.

Check out Candid reviews below to read what customers are sharing about their experiences.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Jessica Bengtson McPherson, KS

I have been working with Candid now for over a year and a half. I love their customer service and their willingness to make sure their customers/patients are happy with their smile! In this time I have noticed that they have updated their quality of products and advanced their technology to better monitor their patients progress.

Candid Logo

Reply from Candid

Thanks for your feedback, Jessica! When you're happy, we're happy.

Apr. 9th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Alisha Garcia Albuquerque, NM

My experience with Candid has been life changing. It gave me the opportunity to fix my teeth when no one else would. Also even when I need help the customer service is amazing and they always make sure I understand what the process is and always do everything to make sure it is the best for me.

Candid Logo

Reply from Candid

Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing, Alisha. We really appreciate it.

Jul. 30th, 2021

Snejwoo Colorado Springs, CO

So far, Candid has been very proactive and responsive, and I’m impressed - enough so, that I’ve paid for a treatment plan. What set them apart is that they work with licensed orthodontists who design a personalized treatment plan, price, and reviews. The reviews for other companies all mention that they have difficulty getting their next set of liners, or that they call with questions and concerns and have very little luck receiving a call back. With Candid, you receive all your aligners at once and I’ve already had a treatment coordinator assigned to me, and have a cell phone number for Noah. He was very informative our first phone call, and answered all my questions. He also let me know about their guarantees. So far, so good.

ashley early Baltimore, MD

Owen I was seen in the north Bethesda office, he was very professional patient and kind he explain everything so well for me and was very respectful and not judgemental at all. I had a good experience. By this being my first time at a place like this I kindly recommend this for orthodontist work for teeth straightening.

Mike R San Francisco, CA

So far everything has been great! Communication has been good, and not too frequent. Sometimes when you engage with a company, they bombard you with emails and texts. Not so with Candid. The process has been very simple, and I'm super excited that I will be able to straighten my teeth without every having left my house!

Amanda Doskocil Los Angeles, CA

So far, my experience with candid has been wonderful—and so much better than the previous aligned company I worked with. Considerable time was taken to make sure my diagnostics and imaging were perfect, and I feel my concerns were heard and considered.

Levi Reicks Phoenix, AZ

It's very convenient to have access to a teeth alignment service that does not require in-person visits. But I feel the need to say that, while my teeth have improved significantly, there is at least 1 tooth that does not look straight in the way that I want. For this price, I feel like I should be getting exactly what I want.

Sirdriz77 Fairfield, CT

I found the candid impression kit to be nicely put together, but they were way too aggressive in rushing me to return the impressions even after I let them know several times that I was delaying taking my impressions until after an upcoming dental appointment. I sent back my impressions and waited but ultimately went with a different company because the wait time from my treatment plan was too long and I wanted to get started ASAP. All the research I did made me thing that candid is a great company, but unfortunately it didn’t work out for me.

Erik Lewis Atlanta, GA

We tried these with my oldest daughter after a bad experience with another aligner. Our dentist thought they would be slower and cause her less pain. It took 6 months but the results were worth it.

Kyree Mackey-Smith Minneapolis, MN

Andy helped me with all the questions I had before going through with purchasing it. Im excited to start. I will give updates on the progress. If everything goes will I will have the smile I always wanted just in time for my birthday! 🤞🏾☺️

Yolanda Farnum Gilbert, AZ

I felt that the whole process has been very clear and professional. I was a little set back in the price, but also want to be assured that I get quality for the price and it seems that they will deliver that. The process seems to be well organized and tailored to the patient/client. The fact that an orthodontist is involved in the process all the way through is great! The staff at the Candid studio I went to today were friendly, professional, well presented, and made me feel welcomed.

Fernando

I got these for my daughter and I couldn’t of picked a better product. These clear braces were budget friendly and did their magic in a short amount of time.

Focused Gainz Everett, MA

I had an amazing experience getting my kit. Brittany N. and Brittany A. took care of me well and made the process fun and excited unlike any dentist. Can't wait for my results

Martha Elimo Sarcoxie, MO

I appreciated the fact that my helper was able to reach out to me to help me with the process, really appreciated the patience and thorough explanations that was given so I had a good experience!

Annie Ballew

Shab was very helpful and gave us a lot of information on how everything worked! She was very nice throughout the treatment and I didn't have any problems at all! Love this place!!

Anna Brooklyn, NY

The process was super easy and amazing. I went to a studio and first of all, it's gorgeous. It feels like you're walking into the Apple version of an orthodontist. They gave me a bottle of sparkling water and a cute toothbrush/toothpaste/lip balm when I got there then Fiona took my scans. Scans were easy and pretty cool and high tech. She was also super informative throughout each step, calming my nerves and answered all of my questions and made me feel so good about moving forward that I purchased it on the spot. I've now received my aligners and on my third aligner and it's been great! I don't even really notice they're in there, it doesn't mess up my speech in any way and my teeth are whiter already! So excited to complete my aligners and have the perfect, straight, pearly white smile!

Kim Nelson San Francisco, CA

Very helpful and informative. Christian took his time to explain the process. I'm excited to work with Candid!

Angela Baron MN

Xavier was very informational, professional, and provided all the details necessary to make me feel comfortable with my decision.

Chaas Gantt Cape Coral, FL

It was a great experience! Edith was very friendly, warm and welcoming. Also, made me laugh several times which enhanced the fun of the experience.

M Matthews Baltimore, MD

This was a great experience. Kyra was great! She made me comfortable and was very much knowledgeable. She is the main reason I moved forward with the process.

Renee Livingston, TN

Excellent instructions, feedback and timely updates with each step of the overall process. Great customer service with superb response times and knowledge staff.

Kristin Platt Camillus, NY

Andy provided wonderful customer service and assistance navigating their system. He was patient with my questions and offered additional assistance to help me sort through my options.

Emma Clermont, FL

I’ve had such a lovely experience here at Candid!! J was so helpful in walking me through the steps she made everything so easy to understand and answered all my questions!!

SIMRET BERHANE Arlington, TX

I just visited the Dallas location & Amber did my treatment. She is very knowledgeable,friendly & explained everything well. And she made me feel very excited to start my treatment!!!

Allen Dewberry, Jr. Washington, DC

This was a very simple meeting and explanation. It did take a bit of extra time to handle things but it worked well and was properly explained as to what I needed to do and cost wise as well.

Kevin Le Dorchester, MA

Caroline was very informative and made the entire process very smooth. She was very attentive to all of my concerns and left no questions unanswered. Excellent customer service!

Felix Ayala Peoria, AZ

Candid has a super easy process. I ordered the kit and days later it arrived with clear instructions. Financing was very affordable only 63$ a month. Excited to start my journey to the perfect smile.

Natalie Schuh Memphis, TN

I just ordered my aligners and I have had a great customer service experience so far with Candid. I have had a few different folks handle my treatment case which was a little confusing but overall everyone I have worked with has been pleasant, professional, and prompt.

Kiley Morrow

What I like best about this company is that the representatives were very informative. Super helpful when I was worried about the cost of it all. And I am super excited to start my candid journey can’t wait to see the results.

Suguru Saito The Bronx, NY

Today i went in and talked with brooke in regards to the treatment plan and what i should expect. She helped me understand how candid works and how reliable they are. I do highly recommend this place for anyone just wanting to learn about the future they offer for your smile.

Tim Edwards Los Angeles, CA

Tori, and Kathy went above and beyond! Oh my God, I felt so welcomed and comforted. I've been really disappointed lately with how long my experience with aligner treatment has been but visiting the West Hollywood location made me forget about any pain or discomfort I felt in this past. Keep it up ladies!

Lori Matthews Fort Worth, TX

I haven’t yet started my treatment but I wanted to leave a quick review on the process up to ordering. It was so perfectly streamlined. I am in a very rural area so it’s difficult for me to get to see a good orthodontist. Having Candid shipped to my house was great and the complete communication with Candid has been impeccable. I cannot wait to get my set!

Dejanai Strassner Oakland, TN

I dont normally leave reviews, but Candid has the best customer service I've seen in awhile. Very quick with shipping, responses, and providing explanations. This process has been so easy and fun and its very affordable. My teeth got noticebly straighter anf whiter in just 2 weeks! Im on aligner 3/15 now and im excited to see the end result. Definitely recommend to all my friends and family.

Norman Londono Washington, DC

Mackenzie was spectacular! She made me feel comfortable and put me at ease before the process started. This helped me to focus on the process and the important questions she asked me that were relevant to my future smile. Brooke and Janelle were awesome at the front desk with a stress free payment process and they answered a few last minute questions I had. The office was beautiful, clean and everyone practiced safe hygiene, mask wearing and social distancing. Candid on the upper East side is DEFINITELY recommended!!!

Jaz Wo Fort Worth, TX

I booked an appointment with the Dallas location. Hayden & Brian reached out to me via text messages & were very helpful with the questions I had before my appointment! Brian sent me the directions on how to get to their office. When I arrived, I met with Brian & Amber. They were both awesome! Another friendly gentleman was there, but I didn’t catch his name! Brian met me at the front & explained the process to me, and showed me where the bathroom was for a final teeth brushing before my appointment! Amber did my photos & scan, she explained everything & was a treat to work with. Very pleasant experience overall as far as customer service & quality goes. My only complaint & reason for 4 stars instead of 5 would be the additional cost for the teeth whitening. I may have missed that on the website while doing my research & I apologize if I did, because then I’d change to 5 stars. But from what I read on “how it works” I genuinely believed whitening came with the aligners automatically & would not be an additional fee. So I felt slightly misled in that aspect. But everything else has been perfect up to this point. Very excited to track/show my progress online throughout the entire treatment.

Charde Perry Minneapolis, MN

From beginning to end they are kind and ready to help u with any questions you may have. The guy who greeted me at the office was wonderful and Ashley who did all my scans was so... thorough and kind! Not to mention the price is mind blowing! This was my 3rd clear alignment place and was quoted less than 1/2 of the price! I'm happy to get started -Chardé

Nalejislife Tampa, FL

I came to candid to have a consultation to fix my smile which I've felt a bit self conscious about for some time now. I usually get anxiety over going to the dentist but the entire experience at candid was so pleasant from start to end. From the check in process to my attendant, Jocelyn, & she was so professional & so nice & explained everything to me as it was being performed & made me feel so comfortable. By the end of my visit i felt well informed & confident i was making the right decision to fix my smile. I will be recommending them to everyone.

KEW Austin, TX

Candid offers invisible teeth aligners that cost half of what I would have to pay compared to the last orthodontist I went to see. The staff at the Candid studio were able to answer all the questions I had regarding my treatment plan. I can rest assure I'm getting quality orthodontic care at a great value. Also, the remote monitoring and shipping of the provided products takes the hassle out of going to the orthodontist on a regular basis. I definitely recommend Candid as the quality choice for teeth straightening.

Aida Sandwich Queens, NY

Liv was great. Very informative with a nice and reassuring attitude. Easy and straightforward experience overall.

Rose Kee Chicago, IL

So far it's been great just on tray #3 ! And can already see a hugh change. So excited

Tiana Hollomon San Francisco, CA

I normally have so much anxiety going to the dentist. I had a few really bad experiences that have made it hard for me to go back even for yearly checkups and cleanings. I’ve wanted to straighten my teeth for years but have put it off until now. Alexis made me feel right at ease and explained everything in a quick and friendly way. She made sure to stop and ask every now and then if I had any questions which made me even more comfortable. I was nervous when I first came in not knowing what to expect and I’m leaving feeling excited and ready for my new smile journey! Thanks Alexis for being so kind and professional. I can tell she’s really passionate about the work she does and helping people reach their ultimate smile goals !

Tos Balogun Corona, CA

I am so happy to have been partnered with Shayla is my Candid representative. I had such the hardest time getting my FSA debit card to work and that resulted in several rescheduled payment appointments with Shayla. I would say it took us at least four appointments to get everything squared away, but through it all, Shayla kept a positive attitude and she was super super patient! I never felt rushed, or pressured, and she was so kind and understanding. She even stayed on the phone with me as I connected her to my FSA department on a three-way call. She is such an asset to the Candid team and I couldn't have asked for a better person to kick off my Candid journey with! Thank you thank you thank you Shayla; you're very much appreciated!

Mandi Colorado Springs, CO

Candid is the perfect alternative to in office orthodontic care. From the very beginning, someone was available to help me make sure my experience was top rated. I had a REAL person messaging and offering to answer questions throughout the whole impression process! The person even offered to help me fix and initial photo I took poorly by simply texting it to them and they updated it in minutes! After receiving my kit and starting my process, I had customer service at my finger tips through the app. Although the process of adjusting my teeth itself is painful at times, the company and it's support system are ALWAYS a positive and caring part of the experience.

Luisa G.C. New York, NY

People listen- actually, read here...this place is absolutely amazing! And no, I’m not just saying that to be nice. This is my first time visiting, actually made a last-minute appointment, and everything from beginning to end was exceptional. And, no, keep reading... I am not a fan of any dental visit- just everything about them normally get me antsy. But, this was so NOT the case here at Candid. Just amazing customer service, super easy x-ray done, ridiculously super fast 3-D pictures, the explanation of the treatment, and all. Bobby was super professional, so friendly, super efficient, and just the absolute best! But the whole team was really welcoming and so warm and efficient and everything you are looking for when you go for any service visit. And nope, I am not a paid reviewer or advertiser, or anything of the sort. I am loving this experience. I cannot wait until I get my aligners, and I think I’ll do an update here once I get them! Super excited about all of it! If you are reading this because you’re thinking about it, seriously just make a appointment. You will not regret it!

Omotola Adeoye Plano, TX

Leo (from Dallas) is great! I had an awesome time getting at their location and the process was very informative.

Jessica Gonzalez Belleview, FL

I absolutely love everything about candid!! From the very nice and friendly ladies to the quick text responses!! Thank you for this program!

emmi chen Austin, TX

The staff were friendly and informative. The process to set up the aligners was very easy. Excited to get my teeth fixed!

SladeJackson Denver, CO

Very transparent company, answered all my questions and concerns that I had. Will definitely recommend friends and family. Shab was an excellent host!

Devorah K New York, NY

Janelle and everyone in the upper easy side office was absolutely the best!!! So kind, helpful, knowledgeable. The best experience and I look forward to my treatment

FloB Wan Columbia, MO

Everything has been easy, too easy! Which is great! The whole process has been easy to understand with many tools & lots of communication to get me through each step.