Best Company Guarantee byte Logo

byte

8.8

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: September 27th, 2022

Byte® is a clear aligner company that offers remote treatment to customers who need minimal to moderate dental alignment correction. In December of 2020, Byte was acquired by Dentsply Sirona, one of the largest dental equipment providers in the industry.

Created by world-renowned celebrity cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jon Marashi, Byte's Smile Science technology designs a personalized smile. The proprietary Byte Aligner System also includes HyperByte™. Byte's aligner plans with their exclusive HyperByte device offer fast results for a smile you'll love.

We believe customers can expect a positive experience when working with the Byte team and its customer support.

Keep reading our Byte review to learn more about the pros and cons of choosing Byte.

Go directly to Byte reviews

The Good

• Positive Byte Reviews
  • Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process
  • High Frequency Vibration Tool Included
  • Short Average Treatment Length
  • Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner
  • Payment Options
  • Byte-at-Night Option

Positive Byte Reviews

Of the 3,600+ Byte reviews on our site, an overwhelming majority of them are positive. Many customers mention excellent customer service from sales representatives and Byte’s orthodontists. Customers also mention that they’re very satisfied with their Byte treatment plan and overall smile results.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Sagar from Seattle, WA

"I had researched about a lot of teeth aligner companies and finally went with Byte because of its most number of positive reviews. And, I'd say that I'm very happy with my choice. I can really see the results. The gaps in my teeth are almost gone. Their team is very responsive and they regularly checked in with me about my progress. I'd surely recommend Byte to anyone."

*This includes some reviewers who received a free gift in exchange for their honest opinions.

Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process

Byte's invisible aligners are clear plastic devices custom made to fit your teeth. Over time, each clear aligner will gradually shift your teeth, so you have straighter teeth and a straighter smile.

Using the at-home impression kit, consumers will use a molding putty and trays to make the impression of their teeth, and then they'll send those teeth impressions back to Byte using the supplied free pre-paid shipping box.

The molds from the impression you send back will generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like, and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if they're a good candidate for an aligner treatment.

Byte’s aligners are designed to help people who need minor to moderate alignments. If you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or simply need a minor bite correction, Byte is an excellent option to get straight teeth.

If you're not a candidate for Byte, the company will refund you the full price of the Byte impression kit.

The molds are used to generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if you’re a good candidate for clear aligners.

The Byte team will also look at your pictures to decide on a plan that matches your facial structure. Byte evaluates your facial structure to help create your smile plan, using Smile Science. This is a detailed system created by Dr. Marashi who has worked with several well-known Hollywood stars. The Smile Science aims to ensure your smile looks symmetrical in comparison to your face.

You’ll have a chance to review the customized treatment plan and respond with any questions you may have.

Byte also guarantees your smile with the Byte for Life guarantee. That means that if your teeth move out of alignment after going through the Byte treatment, Byte will cover the cost to straighten them, no questions asked.

Not only do other companies charge customers for retainers to keep their teeth straight, but most companies also lack a lifetime guarantee.

Byte’s treatments are done without any office visits to a dentist or orthodontist, but customers should still see their dentist regularly to keep up with oral hygiene.

High Frequency Vibration Tool Included

The HyperByte device is the company's exclusive dental movement acceleration device. High frequency vibrations (HFV) uses soft micropulses that transmit through the roots of the teeth to the surrounding bone.

According to Byte, this type of therapy may reduce discomfort and better seat the aligners around the teeth. This may result in better aligner traction, more accurate teeth movement, and much faster treatment times.

Short Average Treatment Length

The clear aligner system is not only less expensive than traditional braces, but is often also faster. Though the duration of treatment will vary case-by-case as the treatment program depends on several factors, including the extent of the individual customer's alignment needs, Byte offers one of the quickest teeth straightening programs.

Consumers can also expect a faster treatment time if they're following Byte's recommended guidelines:

• Wear the Byte invisible aligners as much as possible — only taking them out to eat or drink
  • Use the aligners on both the lower and upper teeth
  • Order replacement aligners immediately if one gets lost or damaged
  • Switch aligners every week

Because of the company's HyperByte technology, customers typically finish the program in four-to-five months.

Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner

Very few invisible aligner providers include the value that Byte does. Byte offers free retainers to customers. Other invisible braces companies charge up to $99 for a pair of retainers that last only six months.

Byte also includes a bottle of BrightByte 3-in-1 premium teeth whitening foam, breath freshener, and teeth aligner cleaner for free. Because teeth alignment requires customers to wear aligners all day, Byte wants to help customers have a whiter, brighter smile at the same time.

Byte recommends cleaning the aligners immediately after taking them out to prevent them from looking cloudy or discolored. However, Byte advises customers to clean the aligners with the BrightByte whitening gel that acts as a teeth whitener/foam cleanser and not to use other whitening products as they can damage the aligners.

Byte also offers free shipping both ways on all packages sent and received.

Payment Options

There are a few different payment options. Customers can pay the full cost upfront or they can choose a monthly financing option through bytepay™, Byte’s all-new 100 percent guaranteed approval rate payment plan with no credit checks.

• The one-time payment option is $1,895
  • The monthly option is an $82 monthly payment over 32 months — a $249 down payment is required

Unlike several other invisible aligner companies, Byte offers multiple financing options that are inclusive to all financial situations to get the best possible monthly payment. Or customers can finance their invisible aligners through Byte's financing partner, Affirm. Byte accepts all major debit and credit cards including Care Credit.

search

Highlight: Byte accepts multiple forms of payment, including dental insurance.

Customers can use their dental insurance, as well as their HSA or FSA debit card to pay for treatment.

Customers can also pay for their purchases with Splitit. Splitit is a global payment solution that allows shoppers to split the final cost into interest-free monthly payments. Currently, Byte offers 3 or 6-month payment options with Splitit. There is no application process with Splitit; customers receive instant approval using their existing debit/credit card level.

Byte-at-Night Option

Byte now offers a treatment plan in which customers only need to wear their aligners at night. This is a notable and exciting new offering, as many consumers don't love having to wear their aligners throughout the day, including having to take them out and clean them anytime they eat or drink anything besides water.

These at-night aligners are made with a grind-resistant polymer material and are slightly thicker than Byte's day-wear aligners. Consumers who go with this Byte-at-Night option will need to wear their nighttime aligners for a minimum of 10 continuous hours. This treatment plan also takes 2-3 months longer to complete compared to the all-day aligner plan. The at-night treatment plan is also slightly more expensive, costing a single payment of $2,295, or $99.56 per month (after a $449 deposit) if doing a monthly payment plan.

Byte now offers a military discount of $150 off for all active and retired military, along with discounts for first responders, and college students.

The Bad

Slightly Higher Prices

The entire in-home invisible aligners industry is much cheaper than traditional metal braces, but there are price fluctuations within the industry itself.

Though Byte's monthly payment plan and free products included in the overall package are advantageous, the company's prices are slightly higher than other companies in the invisible aligners industry.

However, the price difference may be inconsequential given the great financing options and additional value.

The Bottom Line

The Byte for Life guarantee ensures that customers will have a straight smile for the rest of their lives (conditions apply). While some companies will offer a 30-day guarantee, they usually only cover the impression kit. Byte includes retainers, cleaner, and whitening products in its overall price, a perk not seen in many other invisible aligner companies.

Additionally, Byte does not require a downpayment on its monthly financing option through Affirm. Customers can also choose a monthly financing option at 0 percent APR through Byte’s various financing partners.

Another attractive feature of Byte's service is its HyperByte® device with high frequency vibration (HFV) technology, which may help speed up tooth movement and ease discomfort;* this device is included free as part of the treatment. *Preliminary clinical studies of small groups of users have shown that daily recommended use of a high-frequency seating device functionally equivalent to HyperByte with clear aligners may have this effect. Individual results may vary.

Byte customer reviews praise Byte's customer service team and many customers are pleased with how easy the entire straightening process is with Byte. Customers were also happy with the variety of payment options. Being able to pay upfront, through an HSA or FSA account, or by financing, is a huge plus for many consumers.

While Byte has slightly higher prices than several other invisible braces companies, we recommend customers use Byte because of the quality and range of service it provides, as well as the value of the time savings and convenience of receiving clear aligner treatment from home.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Susan Cochrane

The beginning was easier to adjust to but the fit as I went along became a problem. The aligners later in the pack were tough in the backeven after filing causing cuts to my tongue so I started to wear them only at night. This has obviously delayed the process which I'm ok with. They didn't send me my full set originally and the additional liners don't fit as well and take a few days to get used to. My teeth are getting straighter so that's a plus.

Reply from byte

We're so excited to follow you along on this Byte journey. Our team is here for you every step of the way so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out :)

Apr. 15th, 2022

Megan Sequim, WA

They were great and got my teeth looking so much better! I loved the hyperbyte and how the treatment went. My only complaint is that the initial timing was wrong and wouldn't have left my teeth straight. It took weeks of going through customer service for them to look at my case and reassess and then I had an additional 12 weeks of treatment. I wish things were a bit clearer as well. Sometimes you have to dig around the site to find the correct article in order to understand how things work. But the customer service reps I've talked to are very nice and I did like the company and am glad I went with them.

Reply from byte

Megan, thank you so much for your valued feedback. We are so happy to hear that your experience has been positive for the most part. Feel free to reach out over our social media platforms or directly to our Customer Care Team at (877) 298-3669 if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Mar. 21st, 2022

Lauren McDowell Clinton, PA

Everything's been really easy and the results are going great. My only annoyance is the respond time to emails. I couldn't get my next shipment of trays till they approved the for of my current ones and it would take them a week to respond to emails so each set required an additional week of waiting before moving forward. Other than that my dentist even says that my teeth are looking great with the byte braces.

Reply from byte

Thank you so much for sharing this and for your feedback. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We are so happy you are part of the Byte family!

Samantha Garcia Palm City, FL

Byte was really easy to apply for and seemed really easy to navigate through. Im week 9 out of 14 and things seem to be going so far so good. At the beginning there was someone texting me helping me with the impressions and talking to me about everything. I wish they had options for tray sizes. I have a fairly small mouth and getting correct impressions was a bit tricky. I thought I was going to get declined. Only thing is that it take a bit for the Btye team to get back to you if you have questions. But its understandable, theres alot of other people doing these treatments and only so many employees.

Reply from byte

Hi Samantha, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. If you are ever not hearing back from our team, give us a call at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and we would be happy to help!

Ryan A. Ruiz Chicago, IL

The trays are very discreet and the easy-to-follow, regimented and sequentially organized set takes all the guess work out of the whole process. My teeth ache most days, but that's how I know the Byte trays are working!... Well, that and the fact I can see and feel my teeth straightening out with every passing week! My only critique is that the trays are particularly sharp around the edges and the provided mini nail file is not adequate to file down those sharp edges. My first week wearing the trays the sides of my tongue were painfully swollen from the irritation of the tray edges cutting into them. I ended up having to purchase a $50 Dremel tool, which makes quick work of grinding down the edges of the new trays each week. Aside from that, I am very happy with how quickly things are progressing, especially with the use of the included vibration device!

Reply from byte

We are thrilled for you and can't wait to hear what those results do for you. Thank you for providing this detailed review. Keep on smiling!

Karen Miritello Oneonta, NY

I am happy with my progress as far as my teeth are definitely much more straight. The only thing holding me back from five stars was that Byte was a quite delayed in responding to quest during treatment. Much more responsive before I signed up

Reply from byte

Hi Karen, we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Jennifer Choy Huntington Beach, CA

Easy process, great product and branding. Customer service could improve. As a personalized product, consider the same white glove service with the entirety of a customer's plan/account. Very frequently reaching out about your plan was met with a different rep per email response and it was difficult to keep track of resolving the one question.

Reply from byte

Hi there. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Mar. 17th, 2022

Emma Meyers Elk Grove, CA

Mostly good experience but no real retainers. I want metal retainers and honestly would not have gone through with it if I had known. Also it really messed up my jaw alignment and I now have to go to physical therapy for it. I did reach out early on about this issue and I was only told to stop using the vibrating mouth thing.

Reply from byte

Emma, since we are a clear aligner treatment company, we are only able to provide aligners and retainers of such. We want to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. Please give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 or send us a DM on our social platforms such as Instagram and Facebook.

Mar. 22nd, 2022

Philomena Gendreau Southwick, MA

My first box from Byte did not all feel that they fit properly. But after redoing some weeks and still results not being great. They did set a new mold to see if the next set could be better and so far I feel that has happened and am hoping it continues through the second set.

Reply from byte

Hi Philomena, thank you for this review! Our team is here to help with any adjustments needed to reach that new smile.

Mar. 11th, 2022

Katherine Cwiklinski Buffalo, NY

I was skeptical about the Byte system at first but was surprised that the liners were such good quality and fit very well. Even while wearing them less than suggested, not every night for 10 hours, I am seeing a dramatic straightening of my teeth without any pain! They were pretty expensive though, but pretty easy and simple to use!

Reply from byte

We are so excited for you! From start to finish, our team is ready and available to get you on track, check that progress, and get you to those final results!

Brittany Hall Hamilton, OH

Byte has really helped improve my smile. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because it took much longer than anticipated and I think it's because the trays were not proper fitted. I have recommended Byte to other however, mostly due to the reasonable cost vs effectiveness and the customer service.

Reply from byte

Hi there Brittany, thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy you are part of the Byte family.

Jo Ellen Verna Phoenix, AZ

I feel like I was an early customer of Byte and they had many issues in the beginning so it was a slow start but I do feel as though they are getting their ducks in a row and am happy with my progress, although I am a full 6 months behind the projected schedule.

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this feedback. We are constantly striving to provide better service to our customers. We are always happy to help, feel free to reach out to us via Facebook messenger or by phone 877-298-3669.

Arlee Rebecca Campbell Astoria, OR

Overall worries is fast, I forget to wear the vibrating thing, but my teeth continue to move on time for next trays. I only wish I had a better schedule of when I am supposed to contact Byte with progress. If you click the link it expires, and that also affects the extra protection I purchased, you void some of the portions if you don't check in! I feel this is sort of setting buyers up for failure. I only hope I have done everything right for the price I am paying.

Reply from byte

Hi Arlee, we want to make sure every customer feels supported the whole way through. We are here to help if you have any questions or concerns during treatment. We want you and your smile to succeed! Don't hesitate to reach out at 877-298-3669 :)

Kara Dougherty Cranberry Twp, PA

I feel that byte really improved my teeth and I started noticing changes quickly. My only real complaint that I hope Byte takes into consideration is there needs to be better communication and instructions. I think if they set up video appointments showing you to actually take out and care for the aligners, it would have been much better. I caused some damage to my teeth by not taking them out correctly.

Reply from byte

Hi Kara, thank you so much for this feedback! We have gone ahead and forwarded this feedback onto our team. We are always looking for ways to improve our communication and processes. We appreciate you taking the time to submit this great review.

Halle Banducci Buttonwillow, CA

Everything about Byte is amazing. The only reason why I don't give 5 star is because customer service is slow to reply sometimes. And it so happened to be the time I needed help the most. I went almost 2 months without wearing aligners because I didn't have a tool or any way to get mine out. I ordered a new one but I only received the case and not the tool. Two months later I eventually got it.

Reply from byte

Hi Halle, thank you for sharing your experience. We want everyone to feel supported the whole way through. If you are ever in need of immediate assistance, feel free to reach out at 877-298-3669.

Jordan Diaz San Jose, CA

So far my experience with Byte has been great! I am still on my 8th aligner for both top and botttom teeth and I am looking forward to further my treatment with additional aligners to reach my desired end goal. The Byte support team has also been helpful by quickly responding to my emails and addressing questions and/or concerns about my treatment.

Reply from byte

Yay! We are so happy to hear about this. Our team's goal is to make our customers' smile transformation as seamless and stress-free as possible, so do not hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have! Thanks for the review!

Lisa Rivera Port Chester, NY

My experience was mostly good. Directions weren't super clear with hyperbyte. In one area it said it was only needed once but in another area it said to use it twice. I also felt the whitener didn't work. It smelled fresh and I felt like I put mouthwash but I didn't see a difference using it. Within the second week of using the retainers I felt I already saw a difference in a smile.

Reply from byte

Hey Lisa. Thanks so much for writing in and sharing your feedback. During your Byte treatment, we want to make the process as easy to follow and simple as possible. We apologize if you did not feel this. Our team is here to answer any and all questions you have, so if you ever need assistance or clarification send us an email at [email protected] or give us a call at 877-298-3669!

Shawnta Green Bay, WI

I have so far been impressed with the results I've had with byte on my 10th week. I notice my smile has transformed in front of my eyes within a short amount of time. Byte has afforded me straight teeth with a more bearable overbite than before. I'm thankful for the Byte aligners and price is super affordable compared to a few other popular aligner brands.

Reply from byte

This is incredible! We are thrilled for you and your new smile. Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review!

Rena Lebanon, MO

We are halfway through treatment and I can already see a huge difference in my daughters smile. I just wish they would have come a little faster than they did. Also, I fell through the cracks so I was having to ask for updates. I also wish they would have sent all the aligners at once. Instead, I have to order the last two aligners and hope they get here before we are ready for them.

Reply from byte

Hi- thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with our team. We would love to provide a little clarification and answer any questions you have. When a customer's treatment plans extend past 15 weeks, we only send the first 15 weeks to ensure that everything is on track before proceeding. We promised you and an amazing smile and making sure to check in at that time is hugely important to ensure we can get you there! Our team is here to support you and is committed to getting you a final smile that you love. We are here to provide solutions that work and help us get to the goal of that great new smile :) We are always just a message away at [email protected]

Dana Render Atlanta, GA

I wish there was a little more interaction from the dental professionals. I get the emails when it is time to check in and take pictures, but there is never any follow up about the photos. Are my teeth tracking as expected? Is there something I need to be aware of? It seems like that is just a check to ensure I don't voice my warranty that I purchased, but because teeth are so important I wouldn't mind a little more oversight to make sure I am not on the wrong path an doomed to have dentures because I am doing something wrong with my aligners.

Reply from byte

Hi Dana. We hear you and understand you. Throughout treatment we send check-in emails, however, if you are not receiving the email responses from our customer care team, we want to look into this right away. We know that going through this smile journey at home can be a daunting process and we want to make sure you feel comfortable every step of the way. Please give our team a call at 877-298-3669, and let's make sure all your concerns are being addressed!

Katie Suisun City, CA

I'd love to give Byte 5 stars, but my teeth are not yet straight. I'm only on my 2nd week of my revision aligners, so I still have 13 weeks to go before I actually know if this will work for me. Unfortunately I had gone through 14 weeks of aligners before my progress pictures were reviewed, and it was then that I found out my teeth were off track. Like way off track. It was determined that I have "stubborn teeth" so unfortunately the original plan didn't work for me. I need to keep my new aligners on for 10 days instead of 7 before switching. And 12 hours instead of 10hrs (I'm doing the nighttime aligners) I will say that my teeth have definitely improved, so it is working, it's just taking me a little longer thank originally planned. The process has been incredibly easy. Aside from my stubborn teeth, everything else was much quicker than anticipated. From the time I paid, after sending back my impressions, I had my aligners in about 2 weeks. They have never hurt, I've experienced zero pain this entire process. I did have to get used to taking them out, and I recommend ordering a little tool off of Amazon if you struggle getting them out. I pop them out in seconds with the little very inexpensive tool that has a little loop for your finger and a tiny L shaped end that helps pop them out so you don't ruin your nails. Overall I'm satisfied with Byte. I feel they are still working kinks out of the company, but the people are so friendly to deal with. The customer service takes a long time to respond via email. So don't bother, just go ahead and call them instead. Even if you have to wait a while, it's better than waiting days for an email response. I was quoted $6,000 for Invisalign, and was told I would need to wear them 22hrs a day for a year to straighten my teeth. So I figured I saved half the money, and half the time. So I definitely think Byte is a better deal. I'm hoping to be able to leave another review (or update this one) after my teeth are finally straightened. Overall, I do recommend this company.

Reply from byte

Hi Katie, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We are so excited to get you to that final step. We want to make sure every customer feels supported the whole way through, so if you are not hearing back, feel free to send us a direct message on Facebook and we would be happy to help. We want to get every customer to their dream smile! Thank you for your review:)

Michael Purdue Martinsville, IN

I believe the first retainers should be delivered separately, I was stick using the same aligner on my bottom teeth for the last five weeks and whole they are ready to clean for a week or two they start to get increasingly nasty. If I had been given the lower jaw retainer on well eleven and then the upper jaw at the end of the treatment I would have been much happier. Additionally, a six month same as cash option would be great. I paid cash to avoid the extra cost of payments but I know a lot of people that can't pay cash but wouldn't be willing to do the long term more expensive financing. They would prefer an in the middle no interest option.

Reply from byte

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We would be happy to pass this forward as we are always looking for ways to improve our processes and communication. Thank you for your review!

Sep. 22nd, 2021

David Rivera II Titusville, FL

I like byte, but there are pros and cons to everything I will say the customer service getting the aligners set up phenomenal but the customer service after you have the aligners and you started your treatment plan is lacking I think a big thing is is your customer service getting the customer to purchase your products needs to extend after the fact because we are spending thousands of dollars to straighten our teeth and your customer service before hand made me wanna sign up immediately which is why I got the service I did. Now as long as we can continue that service and to treatment then it will be 100% a five star company!

Reply from byte

Hi David- we really appreciate this in-depth feedback and understanding. We are constantly working to improve! Due to a higher than normal volume we understand that our response time has been less than ideal. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any delays. Rest assured, we are staffing up and our team is working hard to help each and every customer. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out! We are available via email, a phone call and even Facebook DM :)

Aug. 26th, 2021

Christina Sutu-Wallar Fresno, CA

Customer Review Video

Reply from byte

Hi Christina, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Every customer's smile is so important to us. Our team does send check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. Please reach out at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and our team would be happy to assist!

Jul. 29th, 2021

Boice Buffalo, NY

There’s poor communication when you have a long treatment plan. Nowhere in the original documentation did they explain the process for getting the remaining set of aligners. I assumed they would automatically be delivered, but I had to reach out to them when I realized I was running out of aligners. I ended up having to use the week 15 aligners for 2 months, the whole time hoping they didn’t break. Those issues aside the product definitely does work, and the 3D model they send you as part of your treatment plan has been very accurate. Obviously the main appeal to these aligners is the cost. After insurance I ended up only paying about $1k.

Reply from byte

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Our goal at Byte is to make sure you get your dream smile and sometimes that means adjusting the original treatment timeline to make sure your teeth can properly move into place. Throughout treatment, our team sends periodic check-in emails to make sure things are going well. If you have not been receiving those and to take care of your other concerns, please email [email protected] so we can get you taken care of as soon as possible.

Apr. 6th, 2021

Aimee

Great customer service, upfront and in the early stages of my treatment; as treatment progressed, I could easily get in contact with someone about my aligner questions, but had a harder time (had to make multiple phone calls) getting anyone to return phone calls about insurance questions. Once someone did reach me about my insurance questions, they were very helpful. Sadly, my teeth did not respond to straightening with Byte as well as their model suggested; at the end of my treatment and I still have major crowding in two locations. I asked how I could remedy these areas and was told to use my hyperbyte for a longer time, but these two teeth cannot be forced to move when they are wedged up against other teeth. Perhaps my dental issues were bigger than Byte could handle, which I suspected at the outset, but I took a chance anyways. But, the rest of my teeth definitely look better!

Reply from byte

Hi Aimee! Thank you for your feedback. We would love to reach out to you in regards to your next steps in treatment. Our aim is to provide you with the best care possible, and we'd love to look into this further for you. Per patient privacy laws we're unable to speak more in regards to a specific treatment on a public platform, but we're happy to help!

Apr. 1st, 2020

Maya Sommer Daly City, CA

Starting with the impression kit: The packaging is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I love all of your packaging for that matter, but the actual impressions were very difficult to create. I know if might just be me, but I had to go to my dentist to help me make them correctly and she even commented on how this would be very hard for your average person. As far as my experience with customer service: whenever I got a responsive person -- they were above and beyond excellent, but there were a couple people who never responded to my emails. I love all of the instructions and my personal favorite was the personality that showed in the FAQs on the web page. Thank you for this awesome service. I am currently finishing my first tray today and moving to my second tray tonight.

Reply from byte

Thank you for your review! We truly do appreciate your feedback, as this helps us to better our care in the future. We'll always be here for whatever you need.

Mar. 11th, 2020

Natasha Williams-Clayton Springfield Gardens, NY

The treatment went well, however after the treatment the retainers cracked within 3 months & byte determined I grind my teeth & I would need to pay for the replacement. The retainers also made my teeth sore for a few weeks.

Reply from byte

Hi Natasha, our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. If there are any concerns regarding progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We recommend this if there are any lasting questions or concerns. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile in a quick and safe way. Please reach out to us at [email protected] or give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 to further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

Erin Simon Pittsburgh, PA

One one hand, yes my teeth are definitely better aligned and less crooked. But, there is still some slight overlap that was not corrected. And, they don't quite fit together naturally.

Reply from byte

Hi there. We definitely want to make sure you are being taken care of. During treatment, we have this midway check-in so we can evaluate the fit of your aligners to make sure everything is tracking properly and make adjustments if we need to. For immediate assistance, you can always give our customer care team a call at 877-298-3669 or you can send us a direct message on Facebook and we can check on the status of your request and make sure a Byte team member is assisting you!

Mar. 22nd, 2022

Serena Minneapolis, MN

I felt like I got really close to the teeth I wanted but that maybe a few more treatments would have done it. I also wish I knew what to do after my lasy treatment week. But the staff are incredible!

Reply from byte

Hi Serena, Hi there. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST.

Drew Martin Finleyville, PA

More attention could be offered towards the tracking guidance of use. The web site is not very clear, user friendly or, helpful for tracking. The trays need more attention on the edges.

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you so much for providing this feedback. We always are looking for ways to improve our customer experience.

Lijie Flushing, NY

Customer Service is responsive. The process was seem less during the treatment period however problems occurred during the retainer time as these did not fit. I am waiting for their response.

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you so much for providing us with feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Nasheena Richardson Camdenton, MO

They were wonderful to work with but sometimes would be delayed in responding to messages which was frustrating. Overall, amazing experience though and my daughters teeth look beautiful!

Reply from byte

We are so excited for you! Thank you so much for leaving us this review. We are happy to have you be part of our Byte family.

KG New City, NY

I am very early into my treatment so I will rate again once I complete. So far, Byte has delivered on both product and service. The materials and instructions are intuitive and so very easy to follow and understand. Communication during the pre-sale process is a bit excessive however I understand they want you to place an order. Customer Service, I’m my experience thus far has been excellent. Overall, I am very pleased with my limited experience thus far.

Reply from byte

Hey KG! Our goal is to make sure that our customers are receiving the support and care they need throughout treatment. We are so happy to hear that about our team. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us via call at 877-298-3669 and our team would be happy to help. Thank you for choosing Byte!

May. 31st, 2022

Ann Caulker Wakefield, MA

The process itself is pretty straightforward and has for the most part worked as advertised. I did however have to get a procedure done that they believed was causing my gap to reappear minutes after the retainers were taken off. $800 later the issue wasn’t resolved and their recommendation is a permanent retainer placement. I would have preferred that recommendation in the first place as it is less expensive and a sure thing. I feel like I wasted $800. I do like my new smile though.

Reply from byte

Ann, we appreciate you reaching out and sharing your feedback. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. We understand that everyone's anatomy is different and one's treatment plan may look different than another's. We are happy to hear that you are happy with your results and new smile! If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at at (877) 298-3669 or reach out to us on any of our social platforms such as Instagram or Facebook!

May. 31st, 2022

Christina Dominguez El Paso, TX

I think the actual product and service is great! The only reason it's not 5 stars is I feel the website could be better at helping track progress. You can't see what step you're on in your profile and the interface isn't the most user friendly.

Reply from byte

Thank you for this feedback, Christina. We are always looking for ways to improve the Byte experience for our customers. Please feel free to reach out at 877-298-3669 with any questions.

T. Hines Falls Church, VA

The aligners are straightening my teeth, they're a little uncomfortable at first but you'll get used to it. I feel like they're giving me gas, so limit drinking as much as possible even if water. Overall a great experience excluding the gas lol.

Reply from byte

Thank you so much for your feedback! We can't wait to get you to that last step:)

Nov. 2nd, 2021

Dijon Hobbs Atlanta, GA

It's hard to give a full review for something like this until the treatment is finished. So far customer service has been great. Right now I'm waiting on some replacement aligners since my first one's didn't fit quite well, but it was easy to ask for those replacements.

Reply from byte

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience so far. We can't wait to get you to that last step!

Lori Rogerson Des Moines, IA

I've been really happy with the retainers and the progress my teeth have bade in a short time. The only reason I didn't give five stars is the initial communication wasn't great. I didn't feel like it was clear I could schedule online face to face consultations and once I did that things progressed quickly in solving some issues I was having.

Reply from byte

Hi Lori! Thank you so much for writing in and sharing your feedback. We are always looking for ways we can improve our customer experience so we really appreciate it! :) If you ever have any questions, concerns, or just want someone to hype up your new smile give us a call or shoot us an email. We're here for you!

Oct. 25th, 2021

Joline Waldecker South Portland, ME

The only reason I'm knocking them down one star is the slow email response after you receive your byte box. The customer service is great before you purchase but afterwards it seems very quiet. Overall, I'm impressed with the product and nine weeks in I'm seeing small changes in my "byte" already.

Reply from byte

Hi Joline. Thank you so much for writing in and sharing about your Byte journey. From the second you order your impression kit to when you get your retainers we want to make sure you feel supported. If you ever have a question, give us a call at 877-298-3669 and a Byte team member will take care of you! :)

Oct. 25th, 2021

Jennifer Giovanniello Sebastian, FL

I am impressed with Byte aligners. I have problems sleeping with them in. The first couple of days after putting in the new set, are a bit uncomfortable but it subsides. They can be annoying at times but overall I am happy with the results so far.

Reply from byte

Hey Jennifer! During treatment, it is totally normal to feel some discomfort as your teeth shift and adjust to a new set of aligners. We want to make sure you are feeling comfortable during treatment, so please do not hesitate to reach out if you are ever experiencing a lot of discomforts. Our customer care team and professional care team are standing by to support you :)

Traci Linebrink Toledo, OH

Once I found out about scheduling video appointments it helped to ease my fears of the negative comments I have read about. I got one on one with a Byte representative that walked me through my impressions and bi-weekly check ins letting me know if it was ok to move forward with my next set of aligners.

Reply from byte

Hi Traci, our goal is to make sure that our customers are receiving the support and care they need throughout treatment. We are so happy to hear that about our team. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us :)

Stephanie T Morse Syracuse, NY

I have been really pleased with my experience with Bryce from the beginning. Order was easy and wearing my aligners couldn't be simpler. Customer service has been exceptional as well .

Reply from byte

Byte is proud to be the best value in the orthodontic space! Thank you for taking the time to submit this awesome review!

Samantha Hernandez Manton, MI

They are very good in the beginning, before you make your purchase, about contacting you and reply to your questions, but are a little lacking after purchase is made. In their defense they have apologized and said they are a little overwhelmed with the overwhelming daily inquiries.

Reply from byte

Hey Samantha. We want to make sure you feel comfortable through every step of your Byte journey. We understand waiting for a response can be a bit frustrating, but we want to assure you our team is here to help. For the quickest assistance, you can always give our team a call at 877-298-3669 and a Byte team member will take care of you!

Jeremiah Leonard

Byte is so far well worth the money compared to other similar companies but as soon as they sell you on it the support disappears. Luckily you don't need much but in my case it's causing some issues/ delays in finishing my treatment.

Reply from byte

We are happy to hear you are seeing your progress! Thank you for your review:)

Michelle Aguirre Gotha, FL

I was expecting more feedback and one on one follow-ups with the resident endodontist as advertised during the consultation. I've submitted photos but haven't received emails with feedback at all. I'm not sure if my teeth are moving as quickly as I thought but I don't feel as supported as I'd hoped.

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you for your review! Once treatment has started, we send check in emails every 30 days to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. For any questions or concerns regarding this, please reach out at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and our team would be happy to assist! If none of our representatives are available, please select the callback option so the next available representative can give you a call back.

Catarina San Antonio, TX

The instructions and use of aligners have been easy. Customer service could be better. They are very responsive before getting payment but afterwards the emails don't get returned. The phone service is better but it could also be better.

Reply from byte

Hi Catarina, we want to make sure every customer feels supported the whole way through. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team via email, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 and we would be happy to look into that as well as assist with any questions you may have.

Oct. 14th, 2021

Kelly McCue Bourbonnais, IL

I had great contact with customer service before I ordered my aligners. They contacted me by email and text regularly to see if I had questions. Now that I have the product, I don't have an actual person I am in contact with. I get some general emails, but they are computer generated.

Reply from byte

Hi Kelly, our Customer Care team is here to support every customer throughout their journey. Please reach out anytime at [email protected] or by calling 877-298-3669 :)

Oct. 13th, 2021

Lauren Lisle, IL

The aligners are great. The company touts excellent customer service, but is mostly absent once they get your money. I had a lot of questions at the beginning and no one answered, despite given emails and phone/text numbers to contact them with.

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you for your review! Once treatment has started, our team sends out check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. For any questions or concerns regarding this, please reach out at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and our team would be happy to assist! If none of our representatives are available, please select the callback option so the next available representative can give you a call back.

Tracey Oakmont, PA

I was promised additional “whitener” prior to paying for the package.'once I paid— no one would respond to me. And I reached out a few times via email and text. Jason said “he would take care of it”. He didn't.

Reply from byte

Hi there, we want to make sure every customer is taken care of. Give us a call at 877-298-3669 and let's help!