Consolidated Credit verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

8.0

Call Now

Consolidated Credit has helped clients hammer away millions of dollars worth of debt since 1993. Since opening, Consolidated Credit has helped over 5 million customers with debt issues. The company boasts highly competitive rates, industry accreditations, and a positive reputation with online customer reviews. Consolidated Credit also offers educational resources to improve their customers' financial literacy. Some of these resources include webinars, calculators, and articles on various finance topics. Consolidated Credit also offers a community outreach program to provide financial education.

Consolidated Credit is one of the biggest companies in debt consolidation--the company has been featured in CNN, Forbes, MSNBC, and more. By making one (lower) monthly payment with them, you can reduce your credit card debt by 30-50%.

The Good

• Years of Industry Experience
  • Great Upfront Price
  • Great Interest Rates: Consolidate Credit Card Debt at 6 to 10%
  • Available to All
  • Accredited Company; Certified Staff
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Years of Industry Experience

Consolidated Credit is one of the oldest names in the industry, having accumulated over 20 years in business. During that time, it has built a reputation for total professionalism, offering CPFC certified debt counselors and free debt consultations for potential clients.

Great Upfront Price

Debt consolidation is a government-regulated industry. If you choose to work with a certified company, you will find that most companies charge about the same prices, though prices vary by state. Consolidated Credit is no different--charging an upfront fee anywhere from $0 to $49, and a monthly fee up to $69.

Great Interest Rates: Consolidate Credit Card Debt at 6 to 10%

Less regulated are the interest rates Consolidated Credit can negotiate. The company also claims to get credit card interest rates down to an average of 6 to 10% APR--one of the lowest rates in the industry.

Available to All

Each state has its own unique debt consolidation rules. For this reason, not all companies make their services available nationwide. Consolidated Credit makes an effort to comply with the state laws in every state--its services are available to people in every U.S. state.

Accredited Company; Certified Staff

The company is ISO certified and is accredited with the FCAA (Financial Counseling Association of America).

Gary Herman, the president of Consolidated Credit, has been working with the company for over 20 years. He has training as a certified credit counselor and is also the vice president of the FCAA--an important organization that ensures companies provide the best debt relief.

Positive Customer Reviews

Customer reviews frequently cite the staff's professionalism and overall quality customer service. Many of the reviews commended Consolidated for the ease of contact and polite, helpful staff members who guided clients every step of the way. Some reviews are from users who used the free consultation but did not end up using Consolidated's services, yet felt they were able to walk away more knowledgeable about their best course of action after the consultation.

Both the upfront-fee and monthly fee rates are subject to the state where the consumer resides, who the creditors are, and the amount of money owed.

The Bad

• Monthly Fees
  • Not NFCC Certified
  • Lack of Transparency

Monthly Fees

Although their monthly fee is not significantly high, it is pricier than the industry average. Consolidated Credit charges a fee up to $69, which is a little higher than some of the competition. This is most likely offset by the monthly savings and much lower interest rate they provide. While this higher fee may be worth the savings in the long run, it is worth noting to potential customers.

Not NFCC Certified

Consolidated Credit is not certified with the NFCC (National Foundation for Credit Counseling). There are several other companies in the debt consolidation industry that do hold this certificate. Accreditations and memberships can be an important feature to look for when choosing a company to work with. These associations require accredited companies to keep a certain standard of best practices. This helps to ensure that customers are receiving quality services. While Consolidated Credit is not certified through NFCC, they are certified with other organizations, such as ISO and FCAA.

Lack of Transparency

Consolidated Credit does not have much information available on their website. Consumers are urged to call or apply online to receive more information. Transparency helps customers while they are searching for the company that best fits their financial needs. Posting the average fees and interest on a company's website helps potential customers save time and makes the company seem more trustworthy and credible.

The Bottom Line

Consolidated Credit's lengthy track record, pricing, service level, and expertise are impressive. Even on our own site, customers give Consolidated Credit a very high average rating. While one could dwell on the max $69 monthly fee, customers are overwhelmingly positive about Consolidated Credit.

Given that the company is available in all 50 states, is transparent about their services, and has such positive customer reviews, we strongly recommend them for any clients with debt consolidation needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Consolidated Credit below.

4.8

Rhonda

December 14th, 2017 Dunn, NC DETAILS

Wonderful customer service and great guidance

Sarah

December 6th, 2017 Enfield, CT DETAILS

Elizabeth has been beyond helpful. I love dealing with her

Connie

November 28th, 2017 Clearwater, FL DETAILS

Consolidated Credit really has helped me get my finances in check and under control. Any time I call and speak with a representative they are always beyond helpful and ensure that I understand everything!

November 27th, 2017 Muskegon, MI DETAILS

I had a scheduled appointment call; I called at the appointed time and the phone just rang- no one ever answered

Melissa Davis

November 27th, 2017

The customer service rep, Tatiana was very helpful and knowledgeable. Great asset to your company.

November 21st, 2017 Canton, GA DETAILS

I found CC by looking for a serious loan. It was a hoax. They will not quit calling even when I have blocked several numbers.

R. Miller

November 21st, 2017 Spokane, WA DETAILS

set up was very quick and easy ,freindly and knowlegable staff

Matt Beaston

November 9th, 2017 Lake Saint Louis, MO

She was very insightful and nice.

EMILY EVANGELISTA

November 8th, 2017 Orlando, FL

She was very helpful in putting a hold on my account for the actual due date on the 7th and helping me wait for the funds to be there when I get paid on the 9th. She also explained that I will be charged a fee of $17.95 for doing this process. I think she did a great job explaining everything. My account will have the funds on the 9th and I can pay it on time then. Thanks so much for your help!

Paul P

October 30th, 2017 Pensacola, FL

Very Professional answered all my questions did all the renegotiating with my creditors

Erin

October 30th, 2017 New Boston, NH

I thought it was a great service, until I learned that their payment and communication methods are archaic and outdated. They have no online payment options, rely on services like Western Union and money orders, and no online chat options. If you are short on time, this is not the company you want to use.

D

October 30th, 2017 Rincon, GA

I hung up on the lady immediately becAuse I couldn't even understand her severely broken English. I'm not even discussing my credit with a foreigner I don't understand for a moment. Horrible plan to use international call center unless I got the one employee who can't speak English.

Deborah

October 30th, 2017 Sontag, MS

Very informative and could help meet my finacial needs

Hayln James

October 30th, 2017 Aliso Viejo, CA

The company seems ok but I did not move forward because I never felt 100% comfortable with the process. At no point in time was it explained to me what the pros and cons are and what I should anticipate in the process unless I used google to research DMP and followed up with an email to my agent. When I went dark for a few days he did not chose to reach out and ask if I have any questions more did he ever try to ask why I had not moved forward. I am in sales and of someone was trying to bring on 20K I'm debt to my company... I'd make a phone call to see how I could onboard that client.

Ok

October 30th, 2017 St Peters, MO

The agent was knowledgeable about the serbices offerred and initislly explained the cost accurately

Steve Weber

October 30th, 2017 Isle, MN

I waited far to long, out of my own pride, before contacting these folks. My financial issues are deeply personal and directly tied to my son who has a complex heart defect; there is nothing I wouldn't do for him. As a result, I over extended myself but thought I could figure my finances out on my own. I was wrong. At some point the desperation hit me in knowing I couldn't do this alone and I needed help. These folks saved my family and me and gave me the hope and skills I needed to repay my debts in an honorable fashion. For that I am eternally thankful.

Diego P.

October 30th, 2017 Huntington Beach, CA

I read good reviews, but didn't expect much. I was shockingly surprised by their professionalism and their promptness when it came to questions I had. Everytime I call in to customer service I receive great service and feel comfortable having a conversation about my finances with them.

Yvonne Leon

October 26th, 2017 Kansas City, MO

I was able to have my questions answered in a short time

Bonnie M Trapp

October 25th, 2017 Janesville, WI

Very satisfied. Would have been nice if I could have paid directly, instead of western union.

Nelda Caldwell

October 19th, 2017 Charlotte, NC

I tried to get in touch with a CSR regarding an email that I have received saying contact immediately. All of the phone numbers that are listed on the site, all come back to Alexandria C. I tried these numbers for about 3 days and still never got a CSR.

Michael Garrett

October 17th, 2017

Very nice and professional about my consolidation matters Thank you

wendy bock

October 6th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

I called because I needed to add something to my account. It was easy.. I had a few questions which were answered to my satisfaction. I am please with the service I received.

Alicia

October 5th, 2017

Very helpful, rep answered my question thourogly.

Rosie

October 4th, 2017 Washington, DC

Consolidated helped with my worries of how I can still make on time payments through Western Union. I felt relieved that everyone was so patient and understanding when I explained my money would not be in my account until a day later, but my problem was resolved with customer service being the professional people and thinking my cause was not lost. I am always willing to make my payments. I want to get out of debt and thanks to consolidated credit, I was able to get my payment through on time. I am happy and consolidated credit is relieved they give excellent service.

Doris Woods

October 3rd, 2017 Chapel Hill, NC

Excellent attention to detail and extraordinary knowledge on using the online tool and how to update my accounts with balances and statement end dates.

Don

October 2nd, 2017

I had exceedingly great interaction this morning. Your rep was very good and precise. Made a painful thing less painful!

Jan Gleaves

September 29th, 2017

Brian was very professional, easy to talk to, and helpful for taking a payment over the phone.

Willie Brigance

September 28th, 2017 Hendersonville, TN

Tatiana was very polite and helpful...she resolved my issues in no time,such a blessing to see that there is still sweet and kind customer service people out there...Thanks so much for all your help Tatiana.

Michael Haskins

September 27th, 2017

Tatiana processed my request immediately and was a pleasure to work with. She is exceptionally helpful, friendly and professional. Many thanks for staffing such a wonderful representative. Michael Haskins

Martha Zumwalt

September 26th, 2017

She was extremely helpful and explained everything.

Susan B

September 22nd, 2017

I've called CCS due to some questions and needed more advice with the representative. Every time I called the representatives are always helpful, compassionate and good listener, I am a client and every time I call CCS I've felt relieved as I knew most of the staffs are always trying to help me out, Tatiana is one of the staff that always got my call and honestly she's so awesome. Thank you so much to each and everyone working at CCS . Thank you for all your support and I'm really looking forward to graduate soon with flying colors.

Nadja Lemieux

September 21st, 2017 Clifton Park, NY

What a perfectly wonderful human being you have with Elizabeth. She was so genuinely caring and helpful in explaining how everything works with my account. She is truly as asset to your organization!

Bonny Viens

September 20th, 2017

Tatiana was outstanding and helped me with all my concerns.

julie mccoy

September 18th, 2017 Buffalo, NY

great customer service

Rob Migneault

September 14th, 2017

She was pleasant and very helpful

Judy Towne

September 13th, 2017

She listened she evaluated and she solved it she gave us peace of mine she's a very good customer service agent as well as a person

Steven SPIVEY

September 8th, 2017

Very helpful and very professional

Laura Miller

September 6th, 2017

All my questions were most satisfactorily answered!! VERY HELPFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT!!!

debbi

September 4th, 2017 Hamden, CT

This service allows one to correct credit debt without embarrassment. Coordinators offer guidance and solutions that are easy to understand

Adam Wright

September 1st, 2017 Dublin, PA

The whole process was great. I thought I would be turned down for this application but they helped me prevent ruining my credit. From customer service to the credit counselor was a great experience.