Consolidated Credit

Consolidated Credit Logo

8.0

Consolidated Credit

verified
This company has no credit score requirement

Consolidated Credit has helped clients hammer away millions of dollars worth of debt since 1993. Since opening, it has helped over 5 million customers with debt issues and is one of the largest credit counseling agencies in the United States. The company boasts highly competitive interest rates, industry accreditations, and a positive reputation with online customer reviews. Consolidated Credit also offers educational resources to improve its customers' financial literacy, particularly regarding credit cards and debt. Some of these resources include webinars, debt-to-income ratio and credit score cost calculators, and articles on various financial topics. Consolidated Credit also offers a community outreach program to provide financial education.

Consolidated Credit is one of the biggest companies in debt consolidation--the company has been featured in CNN, Forbes, MSNBC, and more. By making one (lower) monthly payment with the company, you can reduce your credit card debt by 30-50%.

The Good

• Years of Industry Experience
  • Great Upfront Price
  • Great Interest Rates: Consolidate Credit Card Debt at 6 to 10%
  • Available to All
  • Accredited Company; Certified Staff
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Years of Industry Experience

Consolidated Credit is one of the oldest names in the industry, having accumulated over 20 years in business. During that time, it has built a reputation for total professionalism, offering CPFC certified debt counselors and free debt consultations for potential clients.

Unlike debt consolidation companies offering personal loans, Consolidated Credit is a credit counseling agency. The company’s certified credit counselors perform a free evaluation to help determine the best debt relief option for each consumer. This includes a free review of the client’s current financial situation, credit report, and budget. This first credit counseling session can provide debt management strategies, budget advice, and ideas to improve bad credit. If a debt management plan is the best solution, the company will design a repayment plan to fit the unique needs of the client. It provides a great alternative to debt settlement and debt consolidation loans while providing affordable monthly payments.

Great Upfront Price

Debt consolidation is a government-regulated industry. As a result, most companies charge similar prices, though fees vary by state. Consolidated Credit is no different--charging an upfront fee anywhere from $0 to $49, and a monthly fee up to $69. This is standard for debt management programs.

Great Interest Rates: Consolidate Credit Card Debt at 6 to 10%

Less regulated are the interest rates Consolidated Credit can negotiate with lenders. It works with creditors to help clients achieve the best possible deal. The company claims to get credit card interest rates down to an average of 6 to 10 percent APR--one of the lowest rates in the industry. These lower rates equate to a smaller overall payment for credit card debt.

Available to All

Each state has its own unique debt consolidation rules. For this reason, not all companies make their services available nationwide. Consolidated Credit makes an effort to comply with the state laws in every state--its counseling services are available to people struggling with unsecured debt in every U.S. state.

Accredited Company; Certified Staff

The company is ISO certified and is accredited with the FCAA (Financial Counseling Association of America).

Gary Herman, the president of Consolidated Credit, has been working with the company for over 20 years. He has training as a certified credit counselor and is also the vice president of the FCAA--an important organization that ensures companies provide the best debt relief.

Positive Customer Reviews

Consolidated Credit reviews frequently cite the staff's professionalism and overall quality customer service. Many of the reviews commended Consolidated for the ease of contact and polite, helpful staff members who guided clients every step of the way. Some reviews are from users who used the free consultation but did not end up using Consolidated's debt management plan services, yet felt they were able to walk away more knowledgeable about their best course of action after the consultation.

The Bad

• Monthly Fees
  • Not NFCC Certified
  • Limited Website Information

Monthly Fees

Although its monthly fee is not significantly high, it is pricier than the industry average. Consolidated Credit charges a fee up to $69, which is a little higher than some of the competition. This is most likely offset by the monthly savings and the much lower interest rate it provides. While this higher fee may be worth the savings in the long run, it is worth noting to potential customers.

Both the upfront-fee and monthly fee rates are subject to the state where the consumer resides, who the creditors are, and the amount of money owed.

Not NFCC Certified

Consolidated Credit is not certified with the NFCC (National Foundation for Credit Counseling). There are several other companies in the debt consolidation industry that do hold this certificate. Accreditations and memberships can be an important feature to look for when choosing a company to work with. These associations require accredited companies to keep a certain standard of best practices. This help ensures that customers are receiving quality services. While Consolidated Credit is not certified through NFCC, it is certified by other organizations, such as ISO and FCAA.

Limited Website Information

Though Consolidated Credit provides a robust amount of financial advice, it does not have much information about its actual credit counseling services and debt management plans available on its website. Consumers are urged to call or apply online to receive more information. Online information helps customers while they are searching for the company that best fits their financial needs. Posting the average fees and interest on a company's website helps potential customers save time and makes the company seem more trustworthy and credible.

The Bottom Line

Consolidated Credit's lengthy track record, pricing, service level, and expertise are impressive. Even on our own site, customers give Consolidated Credit a very high average rating. While one could dwell on the max $69 monthly fee, customers are overwhelmingly positive about Consolidated Credit. The company aims to improve consumer credit knowledge and help individuals pay off credit card balances.

Given that the company is available in all 50 states and has such positive customer reviews, we strongly recommend it to any clients with unsecured debt consolidation needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Consolidated Credit below.

4.8

Yvonne Bonner
July 13th, 2018 DETAILS

The young lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful. This company has really been a lifesaver

Fether
July 6th, 2018 Yulee, FL DETAILS

Mrs. Elizabeth is one of the co workers to speak with. She gives good advise, she helps in all kinds of ways. I really like how she helps us build our credit back by giving us good tips on what to and what not to do. I would like to see and hear all co- workers speak to the customers who call or need help be like Mrs. Elizabeth.

B Kristene Halverson
July 6th, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS

Consolidated Credit Source helped me out of a terrible bind. I had bought a new house, charged for new carpet and furniture, and lost my job. They spoke with each of my creditors, arranged a lower interest rate, and consolidated all those debts. I made a monthly payment to them and they distributed it to each company. Now my bills are paid off and my credit is coming back up. Thank you Conaolidated Credit.

Karen
July 5th, 2018 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

Very well managed. Helped with my debt managenent in a very professional manner.

Donald B Swann
July 5th, 2018 Beachwood, OH DETAILS

The agent that I spoke with, Arica is such a wonderful, considerate and very knowledgeable person. Arica is very clear and concise at explaining objectives to my program. She is a strong part of your reputation. She has a terrific personality and she is so very polite. She really did help me in our conversation. Keep up the good work Arica.

Robert
June 29th, 2018 Fargo, ND DETAILS

All your staff has great communication skills and are very courteous, helpful and professional. I am extremely grateful for your helpfulness.

Brenda MacKay
June 28th, 2018 Hot Springs Village, AR DETAILS

Excellent service! The phone was answered quickly and our concerns were handled promptly!

Patricia Anderson
June 27th, 2018 San Antonio, TX

Brian was very positive and patient during our conversation. Because This is a difficult task to undertake, I appreciate his attitude. It has made a hard time a little easier. He answered all my questions and made feel that I would get my finances under control and eventually reestablish my credit.

Aurora and Jason
June 26th, 2018 Port Saint Lucie, FL DETAILS

This is a tough process to go through. The staff at Consolidated Credit are understanding, non-judgemental, professional and have great personalities too.

anonymous
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

They have helped me and were very knowledgeable about all my questions.

Karen August
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

Easiest process ever. Great customer service.

Pjk
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

I was on hold longer than I expected, though representatives were very pleasant.

Consolidated Credit Logo

Reply from Consolidated Credit

Monica VictorJul 02, 2018

Hi PJK, Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you. We value your time and so we regret any inconvenience. Customer service and client satisfaction are of utmost importance to us. Knowing that you received professional service is very pleasing. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt.

Cynthia Nantroup
June 19th, 2018 Tipton, IN DETAILS

It was a great experience they worked with you as far as your payments and they were always helpful and nice.

Terry Norton
June 14th, 2018 Waukesha, WI DETAILS

I was seeking information for our home equity loan and needed several pieces of information. The individual who waited on me was responsive and knowledgeable. She emailed me immediately With the information I required.

Shelley J Gazy
June 14th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN

Every person I have spoken with is informed, personable and understanding. I didn't feel embarrassed or inferior to the person to whom I was "confessing" .

Ronald Ingraham Jr
June 13th, 2018 Windsor, CT

i was attempting to lower my payments on my credit cards, i was going take out a personal to pay them off when I was introduced to consolidated credit. I had to close my accounts (but that will be a good thing) and am looking forward to a lower interest rate and lower payments.

MBeeson
June 13th, 2018 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS

Because they charge way too much and one of my creditors did not recieve all the money they said they paid them. I can't get an email back to explain why either

Claire Devine
June 13th, 2018 Roseville, CA DETAILS

All my questions were answered promptlly

DeAra Warren
June 12th, 2018 Spotsylvania, VA DETAILS

Tatiana was polite and energetic. It was a pleasure speaking with her about my account. She is knowledgeable about the services you offer and I felt very comfortable. A great experience!

Tiffany
June 11th, 2018 Charlottesville, VA DETAILS

I would have never been able to take care of my debt on my own. With the help from Consolidated Credit I paid off everything in no time. It was a hassle free process from day one.

Cynthia Gadar Ramos Mercado
June 8th, 2018 Jamaica, NY DETAILS

Tatiana, the customer representative who helped me, was empathetic, professional and understanding. She is an asset to Consolidated Credit and represents the company well.

Jacqueline Jackson
June 6th, 2018 Junction City, KS

Overall I am pleased so far with my decision to go with Consolidated Credit for help with getting out of debt. They have given me hope that this can be resolved and I can still take care of my family at the same time. The are VERY helpful in explaining why this is a better option for your situation and how it will help you in the long rum.

Mark Dwyer
May 31st, 2018 Conyers, GA DETAILS

Everytime I call, everyone is very helpful. Tatiana was a pleasure to speak to, and very helpful.

Denis P. Robinson
May 25th, 2018 Hickory Hills, IL

They are straight to the point, knowledgeable and courteous.

Gaynell
June 5th, 2018 Salem, OR

Aisha was AWESOME! She was patient and kind. She explained everything very simply.

Margaret
May 24th, 2018 Reading, PA

Customer service and all the reps that I have spoken to have been fabulous. Courteous and compassionate and so helpful. They have eased my stress about my finances and have given me such a great feeling of self worth and being able to get out of debt with no negative issues to my credit. They are amazing people to deal with

Janis H. Johnson
May 16th, 2018 Eastman, GA DETAILS

My experiences with the company is very outstanding. There service very good.

Cheryl Bender
May 16th, 2018 Hamburg, PA DETAILS

Great experience with consolidated credit so glad I made this decision. The customer service is fantastic.

scott
May 4th, 2018 Good Hope, IL DETAILS

awesome and "kudos " from me as I have had wonderful response by all staff concerning my issues !!!! Great work all !

Robin Provonsil
May 3rd, 2018 Melbourne, FL

Elizabeth is a gem. She was wonderful and took time to explain in detail what I am to expect.

Maria Izquierdo
May 16th, 2018 West New York, NJ DETAILS

Tatiana was very helpful and professional. She was courteous and resolved my problem right away.

Alan Knudson
April 26th, 2018 Tallahassee, FL

Very, very efficient and pleasant experience. Folks were extremely helpful and excellent to work with. Their responses and actions to establish my account were fast and on target. This is a great company to have on my side.

Khadisha grant
April 26th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

I really love consolidated credit the payments are reasonable and the customer service is amazing.

Jen
April 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

This is a great program! I would recommend this to anyone who is feeling overwhelmed by debt. I paid off all of my creditors and while it did bring my credit score down temporarily, it got better once the balances were lowered. Great customer service too!

Janette
April 20th, 2018 Thomasville, GA DETAILS

Everyone that I have spoken with at Consolidated Crediedit since starting this experience in October 2014 has been wonderful. Everyone has treated me with the upmost dignity and respect. I would recommend your office to anyone needing help.

Brittany Wilson
April 19th, 2018 Duluth, GA DETAILS

Consolidated Credit has been wonderful. All the representatives are helpful , especially Cleopatra . She was so insightful , compassionate , and made me laugh in the midst of me dealing with my financial hardship . I wish all customer service was like that :)

ron
April 18th, 2018 North Branford, CT

excellent customer service and very knowledgeable !!

Deloris Lloyd
April 19th, 2018 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS

I ran into an Emergency I call consolidated credit the Representative listen to me and he was very knowledge he pull up my account and he was able to help. Thanks , Consolidated Credit , CC is the best they care they are there for you!!!!!!!

Edwina Stricker
April 10th, 2018 Honolulu, HI DETAILS

Today's call with Aisha was very helpful! I was not aware of the ACH fees, save for the NSF one, and member monthly fees. Other customer service reps, generally speaking, have been helpful. For myself, personally, it's been a bit stressful getting used to the procedures since joining. Especially being new to this whole game. I do think Aisha helped a lot. There was a representative that called me and was not as helpful and the way I was spoken to was disturbing to where I felt I made the wrong decision.

Bethany Aurand
April 9th, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS

They have caused my credit to go down, then tried to not take responsibility for their error. Now I'm panicking tk cond someone to help me elsewhere