Bank of America

7.2

a month ago

Bank of America

Bank of America offers APRs ranging from 0 to 23.24 percent*

Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Bank of America is a multinational banking and financial services company that offers credit cards.

The Good

• Competitive APRs
  • Rewards Programs
  • Free Credit Score Tracking
  • Fraud Safeguards

Competitive APRs

Bank of America offers a few different credit cards with introductory rates of zero percent for the first 12 to 18 months. After that, rates range from 11.24 percent to 23.24 percent*, which is very competitive within the industry.

Rewards Programs

Bank of America offers a variety of rewards programs that cardholders can participate in and earn travel points, bonuses, and cash back. Earned rewards are easy to convert into cash or prizes.

Free Credit Score Tracking

Because Bank of America thinks that its important to provide its customers with tools to help them understand their credit, the company provides consumer cardholders with access to a free monthly FICO score from TransUnion. With this feature, cardholders can see key factors that are impacting their score, track recent scores month-to-month and compare them to national averages, and learn about credit and strategies for keeping their credit healthy.

Fraud Safeguards

Bank of America provides tips on how to prevent fraud and invests in fraud protection technology in order to shield its cardholders from fraud. Visit Site

The Bad

• Annual Fee
  • Late Payment Penalty
  • Foreign Transaction Fee

Annual Fee

Bank of America charges annual fees up to $99 depending on the card. There are several other credit card companies that do not charge any annual fees at all.

Late Payment Penalty

For every late payment, Bank of America cardholders will incur a fee of up to $37.

Foreign Transaction Fee

Bank of America charges a foreign transaction fee of 3 percent, which is one of the highest in the industry.

The Bottom Line

Bank of America offers competitive APRs, several rewards programs, free credit score tracking, and a number of fraud safeguards. However, the company has a few different fees in place, including an annual fee, a late payment fee, and a foreign transaction fee.

3.5

Tracy
September 17th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

I’ve had a Bank of America card for 30 years. I rarely use it now that I have it paid off, because they kept raising my rate even when I always paid my bill on time.

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Bank of America credit card is a reliable company. They offer competitive rates. I don’t receive extra travel points with mine but I know some do.

Karen Nelson
July 30th, 2018 Alpine, UT

I am alway losing credit cards. They are so great about it. They give me a temporary and the very next day, I have my new card. They are also very helpful and kind about helping check if there is any activity on my lost or stolen card.

Taylor Vance
July 26th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Terrible website design. But I like the Alaska Airlines credit card. A good companion pass offer helps to offset the cost of the yearly fee.

Robert
July 13th, 2018 Washington, MI DETAILS

Extremely slow to post your payments-it is now 35 days and although my balance is $1,200 they have reported $10,500 to the credit reporting firms. After contacting them I was told to be patient, certain things take time. Like how about doing your job correctly. Very nasty and snippy to talk to a customer rep said well maybe you just want to cancel your card? No problems it is done. They also refuse to process any charges for firearms and I would like to know how they can abrogate the 2nd Amendment and no I am not a gun nut but feel if you have been cleared and can qualify for a charge card they have no right to say no unless they are paying for the purchase! Tired of continual problems with their failure to post payments.

Brayden D.
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Bank of America is my family’s go to for credit cards and they have never let us down.

Troy Siren
July 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Not only did I get an awesome card, I got a great rate and cash back as well.

james pettinelli
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Normally it is month to month business...they did alert me when my card was being used by a thief.

Bob Trammell
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Great fraud support and good cash back option that pays every month

Betty L Kennedy
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

I get air miles. They protect me.They work well with me when I have a problem.

james coe
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Great benefits . No waiting on phone as a platinum honors member

vierlingjack
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

The card features are great and the customer service is excellent.

Marv1959
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Great security but rewards very restrictive

Stuart Schnitzer
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

They are on top of any charges made. They question any different or odd charges to prevent fraud

Karen
June 18th, 2018 DETAILS

No respect either way- They don't respect me and I have no respect for them.I do not have any trust in them.

bobby
March 5th, 2018 Herndon, VA DETAILS

not good nothing great or different very typical commercial Drive and all the same

Lori
March 5th, 2018 Yuma, AZ DETAILS

They always alert me charges when they occur. If they aren't my charges I can quickly contact B of A and get things straightened out

Jarred
March 5th, 2018 Lake Havasu City, AZ DETAILS

Jarred was most helpful, very patient with me as I am 87 yrs old.

Susan Tabet
February 26th, 2018 Tehachapi, CA DETAILS

Amber in customer service was amazing... knowledgeable, polite, patient, helpful. The best customer service representative I've ever worked with. You are lucky to have her.

Chef D
February 26th, 2018 Pomona, CA DETAILS

Nothing but good experiences, If in doubt they provide great customer services

Mo
February 26th, 2018 Newburgh, NY DETAILS

All good experience as with customer service

February 26th, 2018 Cherry Log, GA DETAILS

Very difficult to deal with a mature rep when you have a financial hardship. They are all children!

GF
January 22nd, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Customer service access is extremely difficult.

Graves-Woodward
January 15th, 2018 Goose Creek, SC DETAILS

Rates not the best, I wish the rates were lower. After years of service they could offer customers lower Rates. I would refer my friends if they were cheaper.

McKinney
January 9th, 2018 Midlothian, TX DETAILS

Bank of America is the crown jewel of all credit cards. It has a number of perks and points to keep you using it all the time.

Omneya Andrea Acosta-Dhmaid
January 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

High Interest is what gives it a 4 star. It make is hard to pay down because of this

T Bell
January 3rd, 2018 Stafford, TX DETAILS

Ease of use. Excellent customer service. Knowledgeable team members

RobertSamuelson
January 3rd, 2018 Taneytown, MD DETAILS

Many years of good service, but 1 contentious erroneous charge, which was VERY had to get resloved.

Mary
January 3rd, 2018 Oakland, CA DETAILS

Very easy process. Everything was a seemless. From the initial call to installation everything has been handled well. We are very happy!

Kenny Knox
December 18th, 2017 Wichita Falls, TX' DETAILS

great terms, cash back, early bonus given if spend so much in for 90 days

Beverly Wilczek
December 18th, 2017 Oak Island, NC DETAILS

I like getting the travel points, I've used them to travel to Porto Rico just before the hurricane, an experience I can't have again.

Hannah
December 18th, 2017 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We use the Alaska Airlines bank of america card. I like the card itself. But I usually don't look forward to trying to get done anything on their website. It is a pretty poor user experience. However, the mileage plan is great and we build up miles so fast. We have gotten quite a few free flights. Great deal!

DAVID CLAPP
December 11th, 2017 Palm Bay, FL DETAILS

IT HAS GREAT BONUS AND IS ACCEPTED EVERYWHERE

December 11th, 2017 209.172.73.227 DETAILS

Trusted and no issues at all using at all places.

Regina Moe
December 11th, 2017 Hazlet, NJ DETAILS

The cash back is pretty decent. Low interest rates

Joy Shela
December 11th, 2017 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS

Interest rate, easy to work w/& reward miles

Dani Springer
November 28th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

Good App and website. Good customer service but very hard to reach (especially if outside the U.S.)

lunker
November 28th, 2017 Pottsboro, TX' DETAILS

Never got statements and they charged late fees, cancelled card

Joe Livingston
November 28th, 2017 Winthrop Harbor, IL' DETAILS

No hassle and easy to use - easy balance transfer and easy to notify of travels.

Jean C
November 28th, 2017 Appleton, WI' DETAILS

Annual summary of categorized charges. e.g. Medical bills