Bank of America

Bank of America

Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Bank of America is a multinational banking and financial services company that offers credit cards.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 8.4 7.8 Read Review
#2 8.0 7.3 Read Review
#3 7.7 8.7 Read Review
#6 6.9 5.8 Current

The Good

• Competitive APRs
  • Rewards Programs
  • Free Credit Score Tracking
  • Fraud Safeguards

Competitive APRs

Bank of America offers a few different credit cards with introductory rates of zero percent for the first 12 to 18 months. After that, rates range from 11.24 percent to 23.24 percent*, which is very competitive within the industry.

Rewards Programs

Bank of America offers a variety of rewards programs that cardholders can participate in and earn travel points, bonuses, and cash back. Earned rewards are easy to convert into cash or prizes.

Free Credit Score Tracking

Because Bank of America thinks that its important to provide its customers with tools to help them understand their credit, the company provides consumer cardholders with access to a free monthly FICO score from TransUnion. With this feature, cardholders can see key factors that are impacting their score, track recent scores month-to-month and compare them to national averages, and learn about credit and strategies for keeping their credit healthy.

Fraud Safeguards

Bank of America provides tips on how to prevent fraud and invests in fraud protection technology in order to shield its cardholders from fraud. Visit Site

The Bad

• Annual Fee
  • Late Payment Penalty
  • Foreign Transaction Fee

Annual Fee

Bank of America charges annual fees up to $99 depending on the card. There are several other credit card companies that do not charge any annual fees at all.

Late Payment Penalty

For every late payment, Bank of America cardholders will incur a fee of up to $37.

Foreign Transaction Fee

Bank of America charges a foreign transaction fee of 3 percent, which is one of the highest in the industry.

The Bottom Line

Bank of America offers competitive APRs, several rewards programs, free credit score tracking, and a number of fraud safeguards. However, the company has a few different fees in place, including an annual fee, a late payment fee, and a foreign transaction fee.

42 Bank of America Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

September 18th, 2017 Bethel, MN

Bank of America has the quality of produce/service.

September 18th, 2017 Giddings, TX

They have discrepancies/uncertainties in their definitions of the debit card use that allow them to play dirty games. You need to monitor your account constantly because they can apply a $35 fee when you expect it the least. You can never relax.

September 14th, 2017 Deland, FL

they have always been good to me and the rates have been very useful for me.

September 14th, 2017 Washington, DC

They are effecient in their services. They alert me when transactions appear suspicious. They also protect my card when informed of my traveling out of the area.

September 14th, 2017 Concord, CA

No fees, no hassle and unlimited 1% cash back.

September 14th, 2017 Concord, CA

No fees, no hassle and unlimited 1% cash back.

September 14th, 2017 Washington, DC

September 14th, 2017 Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

They are quick to report fraudulent charges on my account and very pleasant to deal with!

September 14th, 2017 Kent, WA

Prompt, protect me from fraud and accept Samsung pay

September 14th, 2017 San Diego, CA

good services aleays willing to help to see what they are able to do for you

September 12th, 2017 Tempe, AZ

Customer service is a joke, the clerks have to refer to their superiors

September 12th, 2017 Roff, OK

Always take care of my needs when I asked for help

September 12th, 2017

Good cash rebate. No fee. Non caring customer service.

September 12th, 2017 Silver Springs, MD

They check with me when unusual activities are detected.

September 12th, 2017 Wayne, NJ

Their credit card gives us some decent cash back.

September 12th, 2017 Suitland, MD

Credit limit was good with ability to link to checking account. Rewards program is good and easy application process.

August 22nd, 2017 WA

Their customer service is atrocious they are rude and understaffed! They are inconsiderate they lie !

August 21st, 2017 Tyler, TX

Vacationing in Mexico and called BOA 2 separate times to ensure my BOA debit/cc would work for purchases and was assured it would. I arrived in Mexico only to find out that it did not and was flagged for security after I notified them prior to leaving! Multiple calls, emails without resolution until I returned home. Worst service ever - BOA left me without cash or any way to make purchases the entire week I was abroad. No explanation, no apologies.

August 14th, 2017 Torrance, CA

They were the only bank that did not close my account when I lost my house (back in 2009), they lower my credit limit and they gave me great 0% to pay off my creditors

August 14th, 2017 Bakersfield, CA

Great customer service and cash back program.