Discover

Discover Logo

8.6

Discover

Discover offers APRs ranging from 0 to 23.24 percent*

Discover Financial began offering the Discover Card in 1985 and introduced its cash rewards credit card in 1986. Today, Discover is the third-largest credit card brand in the United States and has over 61 million cardholders.

The Good

• Rewards
  • No Annual Fees
  • No Foreign Transaction Fee
  • Free Credit Score
  • Fraud Safeguards
  • APR

Rewards

Discover offers a number of rewards options, including the Discover it Chrome Student Card, the Discover it Cash Credit Card, and the Discover it Miles Credit Card. With the Chrome Student Card, students can get $20 cash back each school year that their GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next five years. At the end of the first year, Discover adds up all the cash back earned on the student card and matches it. The Cash Credit Card gives 5 percent cash back in the selected quarterly category. The Miles Credit Card offers an automatic match of all the miles earned at the end of your first year with no blackout dates. Miles can be redeemed for travel credits or cash.

No Annual Fees

There are no annual fees associated with any of Discover's credit cards, which can save cardholders hundreds of dollars each year.

No Foreign Transaction Fee

Discover does not charge a foreign transaction fee, which is a nice benefit for frequent travelers.

Free Credit Score

Discover provides its cardholders with the ability to view and monitor their FICO score for free.

Fraud Safeguards

Discover offers several fraud safeguards, including purchase monitoring and the ability for customers to freeze and unfreeze their card in the event that it is lost or stolen.

APR

Most of Discover's credit cards offer an introductory APR of 0 percent for the first fourteen months. Ongoing APRs range from 13.74 to 23.74 percent*, which is competitive within the industry. Visit Site

The Bad

Late Payment Penalties

For the first late payment, Discover does not charge a late payment fee. However, for every late payment after that, the fee is $37.

The Bottom Line

Discover Financial offers several attractive features, including no annual fees, no foreign transaction fees, competitive APRs, and a number of rewards programs. However, the company does have a late payment fee in place.

Catherine Taliulu
August 20th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Their mobile app’s customer service is great. I love this card.

Carolynn
August 20th, 2018 West Jordan, UT

Great for balance transfers and have had good experiences with customer service.

Jacob Johnson
August 7th, 2018 Provo, UT

I have a discover student card and I love it. Other credit card company's wouldn't allow me a card but Discover gave me a card with great benefits and deals. Mobile app is great all-around, very easy to work with.

Derrick
August 6th, 2018 Lubbock, TX

Great app, great services, and great savings. Offers free credit report without hitting credit score.

Nathan Johnson
August 6th, 2018 Palmyra, PA

Have been a credit card holder for many years. I love the online shop discover partnerships but get frustrated by the rotating 5% back categories. With everything else going on in my life, this is one more thing to have to think about. Consequently, have been using less.

Eric
August 2nd, 2018 Annandale, NJ

Good card. Longtime user. Like the extra 5% cash back quarterly on general categories of purchases - wish I didn't have to sign up to qualify for this 5%. Like how when redeeming awards can get discounted gift cards.

Sarah
August 2nd, 2018 Fairfax, VA

I've used their credit card for years and really like the quarterly cash back feature, their customer service, and I do love that you can personalize your credit card! Their website is very easy to use.

jordan cummins
August 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

has been good. Doesn't charge any hidden fees and is reasonable with interest.

Hannah Cummins
August 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Discover has great offers for credit cards and their interest rates. We were able to pay off a credit card quickly with minimal interest because of what Discover offered us. They are easy to work with as well.

Sara Jane
July 26th, 2018 Crestwood, KY

It has been a while since I had a Discover card. I only had it for one year. But found the fees so exorbitant I got rid of it. The customer service was not good, I found them rude and unhelpful.

Ruth Anne Bright
July 25th, 2018 Mount Washington, KY

Excellent credit card and excellent customer service.

Bri Graham
July 25th, 2018 Broadbent, OR

My very first card. Very pleased with the benefits they offer

Marilyn Greer
July 23rd, 2018 Saint George, UT

This card can be used most places so it is convenient.

Jordy Cooley
July 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

First credit card was with them and they offer many benefits. Access to my credit score is a huge help.

Alicia Holman
July 11th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I like that they give cash back opportunities, but wish they were more diverse. The website is easy to navigate and I like that you can check your FICO score.

Shelene Cooley
July 10th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Used for many years. We like the benefits, but not always accepted at every location. Customer service is good.

Amy Stewart
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

WE have had our Discover card for many years and are loyal customers. We have appreciated their customer service representatives because they are very helpful when needed.

Troy Siren
June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Wonderful card to use. Great cashback program. Always friendly customer service.

PAUL MARCH
June 18th, 2018 Brentwood, NY DETAILS

Customer service is great and if there is a problem they take care of it immediately

Karen
June 18th, 2018 Miami, FL DETAILS

Great consumer service. The telephone automated system is very useful. I really like the confirmation emails

Irene
June 18th, 2018 Aurora, CO DETAILS

Always good customer service and I have never had any issues with them. They have always helped me when needed.

Merlin Gross
June 18th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

customer service, credit limit raises, US customer service agents

atanu sen
June 18th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

discover gives good cash back. Good customer service

James OKeefe
June 18th, 2018 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

It works good all the time; no outages never have had a problem with them low payments

Esterline York & David Williams
June 18th, 2018 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS

Friendly, proactive customer service, great rates and generous cash back options.

Mary
June 18th, 2018 Winters, CA DETAILS

Customer service is excellent. Fraud protection is excellent. Cash back is awesome.

MedGuard x2
June 18th, 2018 Oak Lawn, IL DETAILS

Unparalleled customer service and excellent fraud prevention

linda siegel
June 18th, 2018 Brownsburg, IN DETAILS

always curteous and listein with compassion of why you were late.

Victoria Johnson
June 18th, 2018 Hinesville, GA DETAILS

very low interest rate and great customer service.

Christie White
June 18th, 2018 Elm City, NC DETAILS

They are a very good company to work with. I have never had any problems

June 18th, 2018 Holly Springs, NC DETAILS

there great companies that give wonderful services and great product offers

June 18th, 2018 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS

Have been a customer for 43 years and have never had a problem, only supberb help. They settle disputes quickly.

Cameron D Wilbur
June 18th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

I've had a great experience with Discover every time I've needed customer support or had questions about my account. I am also a big fan of the products they offer such as Fico score and alerts about your identity.

Tom
June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I like their rewards programs and the flexibility provided when using this credit card.

Sadie Scoville
June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Discover has the best customer service by far – you chat in and Theyll do anything for you. I just wish they gave a little bit more cash back then I would use this card more

Shanna
June 5th, 2018 DETAILS

Just a overall great company they are great to deal with and they know their bysiness

Matt
June 5th, 2018 DETAILS

Friendly staff, they try to work with their customers as best as they can. Been a good relationship with this creditor

John F. Parker
June 5th, 2018 DETAILS

I can depend on them they have been my card for many years. Left them once glad I am back.

H Moore
June 5th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

One of our favorite things about the Discover card is the cash back option. We've continued to save money using Discover.

Avery Fowler
May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I had a Discover card many years ago, but was not able to keep it because it just didn't do anything for me as far as being different from other companies. There weren't any perks to having the card.