Visa is a global payments technology company that provides digital currency services in over 200 countries and territories. The company started out as BankAmericard in 1958 and became officially known as Visa in 1976. According to its corporate website, there are more than 2.5 billion Visa credit cards in use in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. The company performed over 109 billion transactions in the last year alone. Visa's corporate website offers 19 personal credit cards with various rates and perks for consumers to choose from.

#1 Capital One chevron_right
#2 American Express (Amex) chevron_right
#3 Discover chevron_right

The Good

• Benefits and Features
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Mobile Payments

Benefits and Features

Visa offers consumers a comprehensive package of benefits and features with its credit card offers. Traditional credit card benefits include lost/stolen card replacement, auto rental collision damage waiver, zero liability protection, and roadside dispatch. Signature benefits feature additional services such as a warranty manager service and travel and emergency services. Visa cards are secured with EMV chip-enabled technology for secure purchase transactions and online purchases are protected with Visa Checkout. Depending on card selection, customers can earn rewards such as cash back, travel perks, merchandise, gift cards, and more.

24/7 Customer Service

Customers can reach a customer service representative by phone 24/7 if any questions arise or if they need assistance with a credit card issue. A live chat option is available as well on the corporate website. Customers can also contact Visa by email and receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. The company also has an FAQ section that answers many questions customers frequently ask.

Mobile Payments

Customers are able to make payments and purchases directly from a payment-enabled smartphone, tablet, or wearable device. With retail merchants that offer the Contactless symbol at the cash register, users can simply swipe their phone to complete the transaction instead of having to pull out their credit card. Online purchases are also protected through Visa Checkout. Most transactions are securely protected against the possibility of hackers accessing sensitive financial information. In the unlikely event it does happen, zero liability protection helps provide coverage for any fraudulent unauthorized purchases. Visit Site

The Bad

• APRs
  • Undisclosed Fees
  • Limited Financial Education Resources

APRs

Depending on card selection, APR can vary from 7.65 to 26.65 percent. These rates are especially high for consumers with excellent credit when compared to similar marketplace offerings. Various available credit card offers include a zero percent introductory APR on either purchases or balance transfers for up to 12 months. Interest rates for cash advances, balance transfers, and penalty APRs are not publicly disclosed upfront on the company's corporate website. Consumers will have to click through each card link they are interested in and be directed to other websites to get more specific details.

Undisclosed Fees

Interest surcharge fees for each card are not disclosed upfront on Visa's corporate website. Balance transfer and cash advance transaction fees may vary from card to card, as well as foreign transaction fees and late or returned payment penalties. Customers will have to manually search through each separate offer they are interested in and be redirected to other websites in order to obtain detailed information. This can be a time-consuming and overwhelming process for many consumers because the company does not offer any search filters to narrow down available choices.

Limited Financial Education Resources

The company claims to offer numerous financial literacy programs around the world. However, its corporate website contains limited financial education resources. There are several articles on a wide range of topics, but there are no financial calculators or other resources for estimating monthly payments. The website may be difficult for some consumers to navigate and be able to find the information they are looking for. The company does not offer any other financial products or services to consumers outside of the available credit card offers.

The Bottom Line

Visa is a well-known global payments technology provider that offers a wide range of credit card offers to consumers of all credit types. The company is highly reputable in the industry with billions of transactions taking place annually around the world. The credit card offers featured on its corporate website contain a wide range of benefits and features for every financial situation. The company also provides mobile banking services and 24/7 customer service. The APRs provided on the corporate website are considerably high, even for consumers with excellent credit histories. Interest fees and other surcharges are not clearly disclosed upfront. Consumers will need to carefully read any service agreement terms and conditions for the cards they are interested in before filling out an application. The company's website is difficult to navigate in order to find specific information and the credit card offers navigate consumers to many other websites on the internet.

Juan
December 11th, 2019 Beaver, PA

I use my visa card daily. I have never had an issue with it before and i trust them with security of me money.

BJ Tenney
December 11th, 2019 Woods Cross, UT DETAILS

If you want a card that's accepted pretty much everywhere - get a Visa!! It's my go to card and I've never had issues using it. Everyone needs a Visa in their wallet/purse.

Roberson
December 9th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Of the major credit card companies in the United States, Visa credit cards are some of the best. Rates and interest are not to high and compete with others.

Larson
December 3rd, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

As an 18 year old, it was a little hard to find a place that would approve my credit card but once i did, it has been very nice!! The company and its services are great. Visa has met my expectations and never caused any problems.

Roman Christiansen
December 2nd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Great company with amazing customer service and rewards perks. No matter what competitors claim Visa really is accepted everywhere.

Nathan D.
November 27th, 2019 Warrendale, PA DETAILS

VISA has a wide range of credit cards to choose from, they also have great debit card options.

Michelle W
November 27th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

I have had a visa card for the last 12 years and they have always been reliable and secure with transactions.

Lily
November 25th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Visa has great prices for my credit card and debit cards. I love using visa.

Tom Gourley
November 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I like the quality of service Visa offers. When I have traveled out of the country they always check on the legitimacy of my foreign expenses to be certain they are legitimate. They aways seem to "have my back". Additionally, their fees seem very reasonable.

Martha Gourley
November 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have used Visa as our main card that we use from our bank. We have been very happy with the service. The company is very good to answer questions and help with problems. They notify us immediately if there is any thing suspicious about purchases.

Amanda
November 20th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

I love my Visa cards and really trust the company as a whole. I've never had any issues with my credit cards!

Jon Posey
November 19th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

Visa...it's everywhere you want to be! I think they are fine, as long as you can get the right card that matches your needs.

Todd Homitz
November 18th, 2019 Evans City, PA DETAILS

I've been a Visa customer for pretty much all my wife. Never had any issues and great rewards with my card!

Kaydence Bonino
November 15th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

We have the citi visa costco card and we love it! Visa is great to work for and I feel like they really care about their customers. They questioned a charge that was on my visa because it wasn't one I normally would make. They called and made sure it was me. Great customer service!

Kathryn Robinson
November 15th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

I have a Visa card and love that it can be used at any store (including Costco). The customer service is top notch and I feel like my financial information is secure with Visa.

Brittney Miskin
November 11th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

Visa is a great, trustworthy company. Their credit card options are some of the best in the business. Also, their customer service is amazing. Anytime I call in with an issue or question they take care of it right away.

Brittany Wilkinson
November 11th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS

I love my Visa credit card. I feel safe using a Visa and I know that Visa cares for my credit protection. I trust Visa and I proudly use my Visa almost on a daily basis.

Tony
November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

I use a Visa for my personal purchases and have never had a singular time that Visa wasn't considered an acceptable form of payment. Definitely recommend.

Eric Smith
November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

Visa has always been a great card for us as we have taken it with us as we travel out of the country and have never had a problem. When there was a charge they thought may have not been by me they contacted me to confirm the charge. Great service.

sydney clark
October 14th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I love my visa! They are super understanding when I have an issue with my card. Love them!

Sydney Boren
October 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I have had no problems with my visa card so far. It makes paying for things so much easier.

Jen Paris
October 11th, 2019 Concord, CA

We have never had a problem with Visa! We always feel safe using a Visa debit or credit card, because we know unusual purchases will be flagged and we will be notified.

ave
October 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

One of my very first credit cards was a Visa and I really liked using it for it's ease and for the low interest rate. It was accepted at almost every place I went so I could use it instead of using cash.

Amy Boren
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have always had a visa card. Until recently we have never had a problem of it not being accepted where ever we went. Our local grocery store no longer accepts visa because of the high fees associated.We had to open a different credit account.

Alyssa Boren
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

My local grocery store doesn't accept Visa anymore because the fees are too high, it's very inconvenient.

Jami Howell
October 7th, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS

There interest rates are lower than American Express which we have loved. They are pretty to use in most places.

bailey jo
October 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I've loved my Visa credit card. I've never had any issues with it with anywhere that I've wanted to use it. There are some grocery stores that don't accept it but other than that, no complaints.

Don Boren
October 4th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I have used Visa cards more than any other because they are accepted everywhere. Until now...the local grocery store nearest to my home no longer accepts Visa because they claim their fees are too high.

Ellen Morris
October 4th, 2019 Potomac, MD DETAILS

I love having my debit card through VISA. They are reliable and innovative and I can literally use it anywhere that credit cards are accepted.

Joy Hill
October 1st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Best cards around - I feel like everyone takes visa, so I feel confident using it most of all my credit cards

Ted Johnson
September 30th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Visa is easy to use, it is just like cash and I have never been anywhere where they do not take it. It keeps my money secure as well and if anything were to happen to it, I know that it is easy to freeze it and get a new one.

Helen Macfarlane
September 19th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Visa is easy to use and the best card to have. Accepted everywhere and trustworthy!

kristin Gneiting
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used a Visa ever since I got my first credit card. It can be used everywhere, there is not a fee and it is very convenient. There are great rewards programs for vacations and travel.

Darrin Henry
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I am unable to use my visa cards at my grocery store so I don't use them as much as before. I hope they work out their fees so I can use them again. I value my rewards on my Visa cards.

Dave Ros
September 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have been a long time user of Visa and like their customer service. I trust that they are monitoring charges for inaccuracies and that they will contact me if there is an issue with a charge

Virginia Rosenthal
September 3rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have been with Visa for many years. I feel confident that if there is unusual activity on my account they will notify me. Their customer service is top notch.

Tracy Womack
August 8th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

My Visa credit card is so easy to use and every time I have had an issue with it the customer service has been so helpful.

Mazi Marcel Womack
August 2nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

I love my Visa Credit Card, they have great customer service and great policies.

Taylor Walker
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Not sure what to say but that they are accepted almost everywhere so that's nice.

Christina Balls
June 11th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

We have had credit cards through Visa and have not had any problems. They have good customer service. Visa is accepted most places which makes it easy to use their card

Dale L Farmer
June 4th, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS

This is one of my go to cards. I like the quarterly specials they do. They save my a lot.

Beth Farmer
June 3rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Love my Visa! I get money back for paying off my Credit Card and they give it to me as cash right back into my account! Or you can pick a gift card to many different places and companies. Visa is also accepted everywhere. It's incredibly easy to pay my bills online. One time my card was being used by someone out of the country and I was immediately notified and reimbursed and my card was shut down and a new one sent without skipping a beat. I feel safe with Visa and we've only had positive experiences being their customer.

Anne Sainsbury
May 28th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS

Visa was my first credit card and I've enjoyed it. As a 16 year old I believe it was a good plan to be on, however I feel like the interest rates are relatively low and it is time for me to move on to higher interest rates. Ultimately, however, I would definitely recommend as a starting credit card to anyone looking for one.

BLF
May 16th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Visa has been a reliable company to have for my credit card. They are accepted at almost every establishment and the interest rate is comparable to other card.

Reese
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have a Visa and it is through Wells Fargo Bank. I have also had other Visa cards in the past and they are accepted everywhere that I shop and I especially like to use them when I travel and being overseas they are better than trying to exchange money and have cash on me.

Ashley
May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I only carry Visa in my wallet and have never had any trouble not being able to use it until I went to a Smith's grocery store self check out and was told they don't take Visa Credit Cards but they take other ones. I just used my Visa Debit and all was well. I love the perks my Visa gives me with points for normal everyday use like the grocery store and restaurants.

Derek Turner
May 2nd, 2019 Chester, SC DETAILS

Dependable with good Customer Service Dept.

Abby Driggs
April 1st, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I’ve never had problems with my Visa. It is very convenient that every place I’ve been (including Europe) accepts my Visa card.

February 14th, 2019 Lake Orion, MI DETAILS

My one primary credit card, used for airline miles and club access.

Erin
February 14th, 2019 Lake Hiawatha, NJ DETAILS

The ability to recognize fraud and listen to concern