Best Company Guarantee Visa Logo

Visa

7.8

LAST UPDATED: May 20th, 2022

Visa is a global payments technology company that provides digital currency services in over 200 countries and territories.

Visa credit cards are not issued by the company itself. Instead, Visa is a payment processing network, and cards are issued by partner financial institutions. Other examples of payment processing networks include Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.

Many credit card issuers that you may be familiar with, or perhaps even your personal banking institution, may offer Visa credit cards.

According to the company’s corporate website, there are more than 2.5 billion Visa credit cards in use worldwide.

Continue reading for a full review of this company and Visa reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Visa Offers and Perks
  • Visa Card Protections
  • Worldwide Card Acceptance
  • Travel Support
  • Helpful Business Tools
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Mobile Payments
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Visa Offers and Perks

While specific rewards will vary by card issuer, Visa offers a wide variety of offers and deals that can help you save money and earn rewards on shopping, sports, entertainment, and more.

In many cases, Visa has specific retailer partnerships that offer cardholders special deals and savings. Some of these retailers include GlassesUSA.com, BarkBox, Reebok, H&M, Hertz, as well as over 900 luxury hotels.

Visa Card Protections

Visa offers specific benefits and protections, but these will vary by card issuer and so it is important to check with your card issuer to learn more about the Visa card benefits and features that are available to you.

Protections offered by Visa include the following:

• Zero liability — If your card is lost, stolen, or fraudulently used, you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized transactions.
  • Cardholder inquiry services — Available on all Visa cards, this service provides card users with 24/7 customer phone support.
  • Emergency card replacement — If you need a replacement card, Visa will work with your card issuer to get you a new card within 24 to 72 hours.
  • Roadside dispatch — A pay-per-use roadside assistance program, available 24/7.
  • Lost or stolen card reporting — If your card is lost or stolen you can call Visa Global Customer Care Services to quickly resolve the issue.
  • Emergency cash disbursement — In case of emergency, Visa can arrange a wire cash transfer within 2 hours of approval from your card issuer.

Worldwide Card Acceptance

One of the benefits of using a Visa card is that it is accepted nearly everywhere. This is a point highlighted in many 5-star Visa customer reviews.

Travel Support

While traveling you can be confident that your Visa card will be accepted at most locations, but the company also offers a variety of travel support tools and resources:

• Lost or stolen card assistance — If your card is lost or stolen, Visa will work with you to quickly replace it.
  • Currency exchange calculator — Quickly estimate your exchange rate in another currency with the currency exchange calculator.
  • Global ATM locator — Find a global ATM, wherever you are.
  • Visa prepaid cards — Use a prepaid Visa card instead of cash.
  • Travel and emergency assistance services — Available to all Visa Signature and Visa TravelMoney cardholders; find referrals for medical, legal, and/or transportation services.

In addition to these services, Visa outlines helpful tips that can protect you while traveling, allowing you to enjoy a stress-free trip.

Helpful Business Tools

Visa offers a variety of tools for small businesses, providing the groundwork for easy money movement for merchants through the Visa network.

24/7 Customer Service

Customers can reach a customer service representative by phone 24/7 if any questions arise or if they need assistance with a credit card issue. A live chat option is available as well on the corporate website.

Customers can also contact Visa by email and receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. The company also has an FAQ section that answers many questions customers frequently ask.

Mobile Payments

Customers are able to make payments and purchases directly from a payment-enabled smartphone, tablet, or wearable device. With retail merchants that offer the Contactless symbol at the cash register, users can simply swipe their phone to complete the transaction instead of having to pull out their credit card.

Online purchases are also protected through Visa Checkout. Most transactions are securely protected against the possibility of hackers accessing sensitive financial information. In the unlikely event it does happen, zero liability protection helps provide coverage for any fraudulent unauthorized purchases.

Positive Customer Reviews

The majority of Visa reviews are 5-star, with customer frequently highlighting the following:

• Travel protection services
  • Generous rewards, particularly for travel, including air miles and hotels
  • Reliable fraud-alert system and quick response time to fraudulent claims
  • Conveniently wide card acceptance and purchase protection

While complaints are limited, some customers do mention high interest rates.

The Bad

Rates, Fees, and Other Features May Vary

Because Visa is a payment processing network and not a card issuer, rates, terms, fees, and other card features may vary by financial institutions offering Visa cards. Therefore, it is important to touch base with your card issuer on rate and term specifics because Visa can’t guarantee any of these factors.

The Bottom Line

Visa is a well-known global payments technology provider that offers a wide range of credit card offers to consumers of all credit types. The company is highly reputable in the industry with billions of transactions taking place annually around the world.

Specific rates, terms, fees, and rewards will vary by credit card issuer, but Visa does offer specific services, such as its travel support and card protection services, that are consistent across all Visa cards. For specific information on factors such as rewards, you should contact your card issuer.

bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

Francisco Silva Chicago, IL

I had some troubles with false scam alerts, but this just shows how good their scam prevention system is.

Judy Fred Narragansett, RI

Visa is the one name that is accepted all over. When I travel abroad, I grab my passport and my Visa! I's a name I've trusted since my first trip to the UK when I was in college (I won't say how long ago that was...). The customer service and the mobile app are wonderful.

Silver Hokum Colorado Springs, CO

My first credit card was with Visa, I know it will always be in my wallet. No matter the situation I feel protected by Visa. knowing my buying power is enhanced with the great power of a credit card that protects your money and will be there when you need. I've always been treated as a valued customer and know Visa is on my side.

scotty Saint Paul, MN

I like my visa credit cards those are the ones I probably use the most.They offer fair interest rates no annual fees And you can also get cash back or multiple other bonuses Like flight miles and other programs like that. if you have any issues with your visa credit card their customer service team is top notch and they're very fast at making decisions on disputes for any type of fraudulent transactions on your account. And usually its in your favor. oh and they're accepted everywhere!

Queen Shavy Miami Beach, FL

According to Visa, merchants may not put a minimum on purchases. I contacted them that a grocery was refusing to accept visa debit unless you spend over $10. Visa promptly took steps to correct the merchant.

Rene Fleming Washington, DC

Ive never had any trouble using visa,and anytime ive called an needed to talk to an individual they have always been great at assisting me in whatever my issue was,very fast and friendly service.

kendra neace Venice, FL

Love the company. Customer service is always eager to help any way possible. I've dealt w fraud and they just put money back in my account then looked into the matter. Very happy loyal customer of Visa for over 10 years now

Jerry Williams Dallas, TX

I have multiple credit cards with Visa from multiple banks. They are very good at customer service. When my accounts have been hacked, they are exceptional at closing the card and reissuing in minimal time. Thanks Visa.

Janet Wood Birmingham, AL

I enjoy being able to use this card at all estabishments...I have been very pleased when I have been alerted of possible fraud. Customer service has always been very helpful getting situations resolved

Christy Mattson Eureka, CA

I am very happy with my Visa credit card. I know that they are a trusted company that will back any of my purchases. It is extremely convenient that Visa is accepted literally almost everywhere in the world.

darcy sullivan Pensacola, FL

I have had a Visa card for many years now, and it has been nothing but great. They are great at keeping in touch with me if there seems to be any suspicious activity regarding my card. The app that comes with it is also extremely useful and easy to use.

Wendy Shaw Queens, NY

The perfect credit card for a ALL life styles. Credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, gift cards and more! Easy to apply and browse opptions on-line. Low / zero intro rates... Excellent custumer service. On-line banking and so much more!!!! A Must Have...

Khadija Kachwala London, ON

I've been using Visa cards since years from back home in India to now in Canada. I've used them with different banks like ICICI and Scotiabank and the experience has always been wonderful. There's been no annual fees charged to me and the tap payment method is great for as little contact as possible. Always recommend visa!

Dougie D Harold, KY

Visa is straight forward about their fees. Depending on card offer you can get very low interest rates. They will also upgrade your card plan aka bigger max cap and lower fees after good status over time, just ask! The only card that won’t slap on hidden fees for doing it. Also identify theft they are swift on! They will wipe off those illegal charges with little hassle or worry! Don’t worry they got you credit score back!

Warren Grover Seattle, WA

Last year, we opened an account at Costco and went with their Costco Visa card. We use it for as many-non cash transactions as possible and we are excited about the Costco rewards we are getting from the card--and we do not shop at Costco that often so many of the points are from other sources. (We would shop their more often but we are in the mountains about two hours away from the nearest Costco so is difficult to get there.) I also love the ease of using the Citi Visa; the website is very efficient and easy to use--I check my purchases quite often. They have been very good to me when I have disputed some charges and they seem to really be on my side as much as they can be. I highly recommend this card!

Sheryl S. Toronto, ON

I love my RBC Visa Infinite Avion card. I have not encountered anyplace it isn't accepted. The rewards points program is easy to use and understand. I appreciate that there are 2 ways to redeem the points for travel as that makes it super flexible, with no blackouts or exceptions.

Jennike Kinser Bolingbrook, IL

All my credit cards are Visa. I have experience credit card fraud several times and they have always been responsive in crediting fraudulent charges and getting a replacement card out quickly.

J. D. Maney Pensacola, FL

I have had Visa credit cards from several sources over the last three decades, and have been and continue to be happy with their policies and confident in their ability to keep my account secure. Visa is a great company!!

Anoushka Ahuja Lecanto, FL

I can use my Visa card anywhere! I was on vacation on a cruise and I needed to withdraw a large amount for some shopping I had to do and they immediately sent me a fraud alert! That was great to see that they take security very seriously and once I ensured that it was a legitimate purchase they lifted the pause and all it took was one phone call

Velma Merritt Ozark, MO

Visa is my favorite card. They not only do not charge me a fee but they have rewards. I also like being able to challenge a dishonest charge. One time I came home from a foreign country and had 12 baggage charges. They said, "Cut up your card, we'll send a new one." We'll take care of the problem. Great customer service.

Alicia Mesa, AZ

I have used Visa for a lot of years and have been totally happy with them. I've never had any issues with them and when I have had issues with being hacked or having my information stolen, they have been awesome with helping in that instance and making sure I was taken care of. I have been pleased with them and would recommend them to others!

OrvilleBro Herriman, UT

We use Visa on a day-to-day basis. We feel safe using this service because we know we are protected from the many dirtbags and thieves that like to steal people's money. They have been proactive in letting us know if our card has been stolen and immediately flagging suspicious activity.

Natalie Rousey Riverton, UT

I have had a Visa card for a very long time. It has been a great card to use and is accepted everywhere (at least it feels like that to me). The website is clear and easy to use. I am able to easily maneuver through the website and find answers when problems arise. I would recommend this credit card to anyone.

Party0f7 Macomb, MI

Visa has allowed me to travel the world during my college study abroad days. It is a card accepted everywhere. It has allowed me to book flights and has converted foreign currency appropriately. I have notified the company ahead of time with my travel plans but when I have forgotten to, they have verified with me to make sure my account has not had fraudulent activity. I am confident with Visa in accuracy and appreciate quality customer service experiences

Gabriela Gordila Chisinau, CU

Simple to use and a total life-saver. Do your best to check all your spendings weekly, as you may be charged monthly for online services you never enrolled in firstly.

Arliss Lee Vancouver, WA

I like Visa because they're always courteous the only thing I don't like is it's really hard to get fraud protection on purchases you know you didn't purchase

Myron Bruce Philadelphia, PA

The customer service was excellent is excellentand I have no problems with getting money off of a credit card that was misplaced or taken

Paul Cassell Martinsville, VA

Very nice and professional experience with Visa,great,I have had credit and debit through Visa for years now with no issues.aAnd I will continue to use them.Great customer service,fast and friendly business hands down.

Trisha Ross Shelby, MI

I have Visa for many years for my USAA bank account. I've lost my cards a couple times and no issues they cancel the old one and issue a new one within a week- 2 weeks tops.

Lori Clark Columbus, GA

Visa has always been there for me when I needed them. Customer service was an American that spoke English, a bonus in today’s world. Calms the soul to see a Visa label.

Shon Scoville Lehi, UT

I have a visa credit card and a visa debit card. The thing I like most about VISA is that it is accepted anywhere. I never need to ask, it is just accepted. I can't say that about other credit card companies.

Ron Durfey Orem, UT

VISA credit care option has been great for me. The service they have provided to me has been very valuable. They have called me when purchases were made in cities that I traveled to as they felt the purchase was suspicious. This bothered me initially but as I thought about it I felt like they were genuinely concerned about my account.

Lyssa Havana, FL

I love my visa, almost as much as I love spending money! Good thing Visa makes it easy to do both :) Visa also is accepted at almost all of the stores I've been to!

Rod Jorgensen American Fork, UT

They are a great company to work with and they are very fast to solve any problems that we have had in the past and got the problem solved quickly and made us feel important to them. And that’s very important to us.

Timothy Rich Herriman, UT

I like the convenience of not having to carry around large amounts of cash at all time, and instead all I need is my visa card. It also allows for no contact interaction which is nice.

Sabra Burrell Herriman, UT

I love my Visa card. I use it everywhere I go. I have had my card stolen or used online and Visa's customer service is always amazing. They help resolve the problem right away.

Brylee Roberts Riverton, UT

Very nice. Visa is trustworthy and have people I trust with money. I like that visa can be used from just about anywhere and I like that it makes money handling easier to manage since everything is basically in one place.

Shopman Herriman, UT

I have had a Visa credit card for years. They have been quick to protect me from fraud. It is also easy to get fraudulent charges reversed. I have been very happy with their rewards program. Getting cash back for just spending is awesome!

Rich N New London, CT

Visa is a service on several of my cards, including the one I use for all of my travel providing points and travel coverages as well as my checking debit card. I can't recall a place where I have not been able to use my VISA as it is accepted everywhere.

Cam Hall Palmyra, VA

Thank god for Visa and making credit card usage so accessible across the world. All but my Amex are Visa cards, and the ability to use those cards worldwide is incredibly valuable and has saved my butt plenty of times. Also, they lead the pack with adoption of tech like chip security, contact less payment, and other amazing tech.

Jeff Graves Long Beach, CA

I had an issue about 2 months ago where my identity was stolen ,I received a text message from a represenative telling me about some unusual charges being made ,,told me it wasn't me and instantly the card was shut down and because the person using the card was using it at same time I was on the phone with the represenative the person was caught and arrested .haven't had no problems with the fraudulent purchases all was taken care of and the money was restored back to my account

James Richards Las Vegas, NV

I've used visa card for a few years. It was my first credit card and it really helped me to build my credit back on track.

Snoopy430

Always very convenient as my card is taken everywhere. Very helpful in emergencies to have options.

J White Tampa, FL

Excellent customer service. Whenever there is an issue with a compromised credit card, they are quick to respond and take care of the issue.

Mymy Tallahassee, FL

Really enjoyed using my visa credit card to build my credit while in college, and that this card is accepted practically everywhere I shop!

Kara Wain Bonifay, FL

Visa was quick and efficient when needing my card replaced and locked and helped me change my addresses for all my cards when I moved.

Sadie Scoville Salt Lake City, UT

So reliable! If you ever need help or have a question, their customer service is there for you and will help you right away. Great investment.

Elizabeth Havana, FL

Visa has been the easiest card service I have used. Whenever I lost my card, they were quick to replace it and made it easy for me.

Claudine Doyle CA

I love my visa. Number one reason is that it is always accepted everywhere I go and I’m never charged extra fees when I use it internationally. Love my visa!

Cynthia Hunt Dallas, TX

I love my Visa card.. this makes me very comfortable while using my card it has good protection and overall overall and I love it when it give me alerts on my card activity