Visa Logo

Visa

7.3

LAST UPDATED: September 9th, 2021

Visa is a global payments technology company that provides digital currency services in over 200 countries and territories.

Visa credit cards are not issued by the company itself. Instead, Visa is a payment processing network, and cards are issued by partner financial institutions. Other examples of payment processing networks include Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.

Many credit card issuers that you may be familiar with, or perhaps even your personal banking institution, may offer Visa credit cards.

According to the company’s corporate website, there are more than 2.5 billion Visa credit cards in use worldwide.

Continue reading for a full review of this company and Visa reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Visa Offers and Perks
  • Visa Card Protections
  • Worldwide Card Acceptance
  • Travel Support
  • Helpful Business Tools
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Mobile Payments
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Visa Offers and Perks

While specific rewards will vary by card issuer, Visa offers a wide variety of offers and deals that can help you save money and earn rewards on shopping, sports, entertainment, and more.

In many cases, Visa has specific retailer partnerships that offer cardholders special deals and savings. Some of these retailers include GlassesUSA.com, BarkBox, Reebok, H&M, Hertz, as well as over 900 luxury hotels.

Visa Card Protections

Visa offers specific benefits and protections, but these will vary by card issuer and so it is important to check with your card issuer to learn more about the Visa card benefits and features that are available to you.

Protections offered by Visa include the following:

• Zero liability — If your card is lost, stolen, or fraudulently used, you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized transactions.
  • Cardholder inquiry services — Available on all Visa cards, this service provides card users with 24/7 customer phone support.
  • Emergency card replacement — If you need a replacement card, Visa will work with your card issuer to get you a new card within 24 to 72 hours.
  • Roadside dispatch — A pay-per-use roadside assistance program, available 24/7.
  • Lost or stolen card reporting — If your card is lost or stolen you can call Visa Global Customer Care Services to quickly resolve the issue.
  • Emergency cash disbursement — In case of emergency, Visa can arrange a wire cash transfer within 2 hours of approval from your card issuer.

Worldwide Card Acceptance

One of the benefits of using a Visa card is that it is accepted nearly everywhere. This is a point highlighted in many 5-star Visa customer reviews.

Travel Support

While traveling you can be confident that your Visa card will be accepted at most locations, but the company also offers a variety of travel support tools and resources:

• Lost or stolen card assistance — If your card is lost or stolen, Visa will work with you to quickly replace it.
  • Currency exchange calculator — Quickly estimate your exchange rate in another currency with the currency exchange calculator.
  • Global ATM locator — Find a global ATM, wherever you are.
  • Visa prepaid cards — Use a prepaid Visa card instead of cash.
  • Travel and emergency assistance services — Available to all Visa Signature and Visa TravelMoney cardholders; find referrals for medical, legal, and/or transportation services.

In addition to these services, Visa outlines helpful tips that can protect you while traveling, allowing you to enjoy a stress-free trip.

Helpful Business Tools

Visa offers a variety of tools for small businesses, providing the groundwork for easy money movement for merchants through the Visa network.

24/7 Customer Service

Customers can reach a customer service representative by phone 24/7 if any questions arise or if they need assistance with a credit card issue. A live chat option is available as well on the corporate website.

Customers can also contact Visa by email and receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. The company also has an FAQ section that answers many questions customers frequently ask.

Mobile Payments

Customers are able to make payments and purchases directly from a payment-enabled smartphone, tablet, or wearable device. With retail merchants that offer the Contactless symbol at the cash register, users can simply swipe their phone to complete the transaction instead of having to pull out their credit card.

Online purchases are also protected through Visa Checkout. Most transactions are securely protected against the possibility of hackers accessing sensitive financial information. In the unlikely event it does happen, zero liability protection helps provide coverage for any fraudulent unauthorized purchases.

Positive Customer Reviews

The majority of Visa reviews are 5-star, with customer frequently highlighting the following:

• Travel protection services
  • Generous rewards, particularly for travel, including air miles and hotels
  • Reliable fraud-alert system and quick response time to fraudulent claims
  • Conveniently wide card acceptance and purchase protection

While complaints are limited, some customers do mention high interest rates.

The Bad

Rates, Fees, and Other Features May Vary

Because Visa is a payment processing network and not a card issuer, rates, terms, fees, and other card features may vary by financial institutions offering Visa cards. Therefore, it is important to touch base with your card issuer on rate and term specifics because Visa can’t guarantee any of these factors.

The Bottom Line

Visa is a well-known global payments technology provider that offers a wide range of credit card offers to consumers of all credit types. The company is highly reputable in the industry with billions of transactions taking place annually around the world.

Specific rates, terms, fees, and rewards will vary by credit card issuer, but Visa does offer specific services, such as its travel support and card protection services, that are consistent across all Visa cards. For specific information on factors such as rewards, you should contact your card issuer.

4.8

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

Visa is accepted everywhere, which is super nice. The Costco by my house actually only accepts visa cards, so it's nice to know I've got what I need. My payments are paid automatically, and if I ever need to check on my balance, it's right here on my phone. Honestly, no complaints here.

Abril Hunter Tallahassee, FL

My Visa debit card is a fantastic way to use my money. I use my Visa card most often. When using my visa I never have issues I sometimes have problems however with the customer service line. I waited on hold for exponential hours in order to hear back from someone about card difficulties. Once I got on the line with someone however the process for sharing my concerns is much easier.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

Visa …you can use it anywhere. Great for traveling. The fraud department is very nice and helpful. When my card number was stolen, the sent me another card the next day.

Simone Harris

Great customer service, and very vigilant with potential security risks. They are also a very popular company, which makes owning a card through them convenient in various situations.

Sydney Charleston South Jordan, UT

Credit cards with visa are amazing. The cash back by itsself makes it worth it. Ive never had problems with visa, and if i did they wouldnt hesitate to help.

Kelly Stanley Orem, UT

Love my visa credit card. I’ve had it for years and plan to keep it for years. Its got a good interest rate and customer service is great.

jakira johnson Tallahassee, FL

I honestly do not like Visa. Every time I try to buy a Visa card for someone there is always a problem where the card does not work or the money is not on the card. Visa's customer service always gives me the run around when trying to solve my issue. There representatives are rude and every time I call there is a different answer which shows they are not on the same page as a company.

Helena Danby Shelley, ID

Visa is just great to use! Their cards hold up well and I have never had an issue with the magnetic strip or the chip.

Richard Danby Rexburg, ID

Visa is accepted just about everywhere. This is great because I don't ever have to worry that my card won't work.

Rebecca Lester Salem, VA

Easy to use and excepted everywhere. Helped me with a bogus charge once. Customer service is helpful.

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

We have A LOT of Visa Credit cards and they are all great. I really like the Chase visa cards. Points through the Marriott Visa have allowed us to do lots of traveling. The United Airlines Visa card is great for free luggage and gives lots of points. We also switched over to the Costco Visa when they made the switch from AmEx, super beneficial with rebates on gas and every purchase, has saved us hundreds. Finally, a go to for us is the Alaska air Visa. Also good for free luggage and lots of points, and you get a BOGO every year! It is safe to say we don't make a purchase without getting some Visa point of rebate perk.

Marcie M Idaho Falls, ID

I have used Visa ever since I first got a credit card. It’s the best credit card company in my opinion. I’ve never had any annual fees, transfer fees, or any unnecessary fees. I love the cash back rewards program. At the end of each year I’m able to earn enough rewards points to get some nice things for my family. One year I got my husband an Apple Watch for Christmas with the rewards points I had saved up and he loved it! We recently used our points to purchase airplane tickets for a family vacation to Disneyland. Pretty awesome! I have never had a single negative issue with Visa. They’re a great company and have served us well for many years.

Keiana Knowles Tallahassee, FL

I love using visa because it is accepted almost everywhere and they never give me any problems with my funds.

Frank Orlando, FL

Thank you for looking into the fraudulent claim on my credit cards. It’s comforting Knowing that I have a company that has my back on these issues. I received my New card within days and now feel safe again. Thank you

Dave Spokane, WA

A couple times I've used the extended warranty that Visa provides and it has saved me a lot of money. It gives me a lot of comfort knowing that I have that extra protection if I buy something with Visa.

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Visa used to be synonymous with international acceptance, but nowadays Master Card is also accepted everywhere. Visa had an online wallet feature, but did not gain popularity. I still rather have a Visa as my main card, since it's usually widely accepted.

JOHN M CAMPBELL ,

I have several Visa Cards & also own stock in the company. Visa has a great fraud-alert system & caught fraudulent activity on my account before I knew it (and I check the accounts every day). That fact alone makes me trust Visa's processing systems.

Vicki H. Poolesville, MD

I have a Visa card associated with my credit union account -- very convenient. I have reasonable interest rates and I get purchase credits that I use for gift cards. I handle all transactions online and have no problems with them.

Greg Francis Saratoga Springs, UT

The convenience of Visa has changed the way we pay. I have been a Visa consumer, and a Visa merchant, and in both cases, appreciate the services Visa provides, including the purchase protection, and the global locations I can purchase.

Margaret Beus Richland, WA

I like the cash back feature on my Visa card because I always pay my balance in full so I make money. I am also pleased with the customer service. The one time I missed the payment due date by a couple of days, they reversed the service charge and interest fee. I definitely appreciated their understanding.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

I have a Chase Visa card and we really like it. I like that Visa cards are accepted everywhere and I never have to ask "do you accept Visa". The customer service is great and the rewards are unmatched for what our family needs. The website is very user friendly and I am able to see all of my accounts on one page. The first credit card I ever applied for was a Visa and I have had one ever since. Visa stands by their cards and promotions and I am a loyal customer for life.

Rhonda Sanford Merrick, NY

I have had many positive experiences in dealing with Visa and their customer service department. There have been several business disputes using my Visa card and they have all been professionally and rapidly handled. In addition, my card was lost and they handled it quickly. Another times, some expensive purchases were being made and the company called m to check if they were legitimate ones. All in all, it has been a positive relationship.

Linda Jensen Newberg, OR

We use our Visa for all our monthly purchases. (Always pay off each month). And our new Costco Visa is awesome! The cash back that we will be getting is so much better than our last Visa card. Also, someone got a hold of my # and made some rather large purchases, and Visa was quick to notify us. They took care of everything. Good to know they are watching my back.

Raven Royal Sandy, UT

Visa credit cards are amazing! They’re easy use and have always been nice when needed.

Baj5527 Brigham City, UT

I love my Visa card. It’s all I use. I have other cards but honestly I prefer to use my Visa. I receive a wonderful benefit from using this Visa in the form of %of $spent at Costco and other places. Since I use this Visa mostly there I gain a great “reward” yearly. I have had on occasion a few times when I’ve refused charges on my Visa. I don’t like doing that but they have done a wonderful job of researching the charge for me and for the most part they have resolved the issue for me. I’m so happy with my Visa company. I don’t know about other Visa providers but mine is truly great. I don’t have to pay an annual fee and as long as I pay my balance by the payment date I don’t pay any interest. I’m very happy with my situation. I receive a check from Visa to be used at Costco. Which actually I can cash there. I don’t have to spend it all there. Their Customer Service is excellent. Anytime I’ve called they have been able to answer my questions and put me at ease within minutes. Again I’m totally pleased with my Visa.

Steve Anderson Lindon, UT

I love my Visa card!! I've never had a problem with it. It's never been declined anywhere I've traveled throughout the world. The customer service is excellent. Nor have I had a problem understanding the folks I call with questions and asking for help. That's a big help for me. It's terribly frustrating when I call for online support and cannot understand what the person on the other side of the line is trying to tell me. I've had my Visa for so long I don't even remember when I first got it. I also love the fact that it covers the fees for using it overseas. This card is a keeper, without a doubt.

Jean Pleimann Hollywood, FL

I use SW Visa & earn air miles, get free tickets all the time. There is an annual fee but if you put everything on the card, free flights come quickly & it’s worth it

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Visa. My credit card is always protected and works smoothly. The only thing I don't like is how their rates are so high for stores that some cannot afford to let us use Visas at their stores and I think that is dumb.

hminfo Olney, MD

I like that I have a VISA credit card. VISA offers protection from your purchases is there is fraud, and it is good to know that I can use my Visa card just about everywhere.

Jessica Chen Gaithersburg, MD

My parents and I have the Visa credit card. It comes in super handy cause Visa cards are accepted throughout the US. You are able to spread out your payments on purchases whenever necessary which is perfect.

Kibsaim Rebollar Austin, TX

It is a trustworthy company. I have been using visa for many many years.

Christi Gilbert Gettysburg, PA

Visa is accepted every where. I know no matter what site I am shopping on, it will always accept VISA. And they protect me by defending me for purchases that were obviously not made by me.

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

We love all of our visas and we love their merchant service for all of our credit card transactions at our company. Visa is a good solid credit card brand that works. It's nice it works out of the country too.

Van M. Orem, UT

Visa is a great card to have and I like that I can use it outside the U.S. as well. They have been good and I have not had problems with them. I also like it because I need it to use at costco.

Katrina Breithaupt Provo, UT

I have been extremely satisfied with Visa. I love to travel abroad and I have never found a place that doesn't accept my credit card. They are easy to use and I have no recurring fees.

Jake Mecham Lehi, UT

Everyone takes Visa. It really is accepted everywhere. I use the Costco Visa and I am so happy with it. The rewards are incredible and I look forward to my reward certificate every year.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Visa as a brand makes life easier. I use Visa credit cards every single day making purchases, booking travel, restaurants and the rest of life's necessities. They are accepted everywhere and easy to maintain. Visa has changed our culture for the better. I would never stop using my Visa cards!

Larson Riverton, UT

As an 18 year old, it was a little hard to find a place that would approve my credit card but once i did, it has been very nice!! The company and its services are great. Visa has met my expectations and never caused any problems.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

We have used Visa for over 20 years and I have always been extremely satisfied by their service. The cards work well, they are accepted everywhere (even when we visit Canada) and they have good customer service. I will continue to use Visa.

Brinley Knowles Smithfield, UT

I love my Visa card. Most everywhere I go they take Visa which is so nice. I always put money on my card and don't have to worry about carrying around cash. Such a great card that I use every single day if not multiple times a day.

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

I have one Visa credit card, and it’s pretty good. I use my husband’s Amazon Prime Visa, which is AMAZING. I would definitely recommend it to everyone who has an Amazon Prime account. You can get 5% back on purchases made on Amazon. We buy things on Amazon all the time, so we’ve made a ton of money back so far!

Connie Mayer South Jordan, UT

VISA is a good company that gives me good cards that I trust. There isn't much special about it though. They are good with customer service. They answer quickly. I once asked them to lower their rates on my card and they did, so they listen to me as a customer.

Lindsey Andersen Provo, UT

I love that Visa is accepted EVERYWHERE - including smallest businesses. They alert me if there is activity that is suspicious, I get a notification every single time it is charged, and I appreciate the fraud protection as well. Plus, no annual fee for my Capital One Venture Card!

Freddy V Eagle Mountain, UT

3 out of my 5 cards are Visa and they always get accepted everywhere I go! I’m not going to say who the other cards are from but once in a while they don’t get accepted when I’m at the register and it’s embarrassing, but I never have a problem with Visa! So thanks for the great service!

Kent Logan, UT

Visa was my first credit card decades ago, opened so I could establish credit. After many years and many other credit cards coming and going, it is the only one I still hold. It has the best rate, is most widely accepted, and is hassle free.

Robert Wilson Rockville, MD

I use Visa almost exclusively. It is accepted everywhere I go. Their Fraud and Protection service has been great. They alerted me to my card being used in New Jersey when I was in Florida. With one call they quickly rectified the situation by place a hold on all transactions in New Jersey. I was really impressed that they were able to reach out to mew so quickly when they detected the fraud. It gave me a great deal of confidence in their product. I highly recommend Visa and will continue to use it.

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

I love visa. I have a few cards with them and one i have the rewards card. I have got so many rewards from that card just by using it on purchases that I have to make daily. My favorite reward is the travel points. I have received several airline tickets from my rewards points. It has saved me so much money. Thousands. I use my visa credit card everyday. I love the rewards that I get from using it.

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

Who doesn’t love a visa card? I love when my card is being used a little too much they will call me and make sure that the charges are valid. So I do think they have your best interest in mind. Every time I have left the state and not let them know they give me a call just to make sure it’s right. To me that is a very trustworthy company. Great customer service

Beth Farmer Pleasant Grove, UT

Love my Visa! I get money back for paying off my Credit Card and they give it to me as cash right back into my account! Or you can pick a gift card to many different places and companies. Visa is also accepted everywhere. It's incredibly easy to pay my bills online. One time my card was being used by someone out of the country and I was immediately notified and reimbursed and my card was shut down and a new one sent without skipping a beat. I feel safe with Visa and we've only had positive experiences being their customer.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I only carry Visa in my wallet and have never had any trouble not being able to use it until I went to a Smith's grocery store self check out and was told they don't take Visa Credit Cards but they take other ones. I just used my Visa Debit and all was well. I love the perks my Visa gives me with points for normal everyday use like the grocery store and restaurants.