Visa is a global payments technology company that provides digital currency services in over 200 countries and territories. The company started out as BankAmericard in 1958 and became officially known as Visa in 1976. According to its corporate website, there are more than 2.5 billion Visa credit cards in use in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. The company performed over 109 billion transactions in the last year alone. Visa's corporate website offers 19 personal credit cards with various rates and perks for consumers to choose from.

#1 Capital One chevron_right
#2 American Express (Amex) chevron_right
4.1
#3 Discover chevron_right

The Good

• Benefits and Features
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Mobile Payments

Benefits and Features

Visa offers consumers a comprehensive package of benefits and features with its credit card offers. Traditional credit card benefits include lost/stolen card replacement, auto rental collision damage waiver, zero liability protection, and roadside dispatch. Signature benefits feature additional services such as a warranty manager service and travel and emergency services. Visa cards are secured with EMV chip-enabled technology for secure purchase transactions and online purchases are protected with Visa Checkout. Depending on card selection, customers can earn rewards such as cash back, travel perks, merchandise, gift cards, and more.

24/7 Customer Service

Customers can reach a customer service representative by phone 24/7 if any questions arise or if they need assistance with a credit card issue. A live chat option is available as well on the corporate website. Customers can also contact Visa by email and receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. The company also has an FAQ section that answers many questions customers frequently ask.

Mobile Payments

Customers are able to make payments and purchases directly from a payment-enabled smartphone, tablet, or wearable device. With retail merchants that offer the Contactless symbol at the cash register, users can simply swipe their phone to complete the transaction instead of having to pull out their credit card. Online purchases are also protected through Visa Checkout. Most transactions are securely protected against the possibility of hackers accessing sensitive financial information. In the unlikely event it does happen, zero liability protection helps provide coverage for any fraudulent unauthorized purchases. Visit Site

The Bad

• APRs
  • Undisclosed Fees
  • Limited Financial Education Resources

APRs

Depending on card selection, APR can vary from 7.65 to 26.65 percent. These rates are especially high for consumers with excellent credit when compared to similar marketplace offerings. Various available credit card offers include a zero percent introductory APR on either purchases or balance transfers for up to 12 months. Interest rates for cash advances, balance transfers, and penalty APRs are not publicly disclosed upfront on the company's corporate website. Consumers will have to click through each card link they are interested in and be directed to other websites to get more specific details.

Undisclosed Fees

Interest surcharge fees for each card are not disclosed upfront on Visa's corporate website. Balance transfer and cash advance transaction fees may vary from card to card, as well as foreign transaction fees and late or returned payment penalties. Customers will have to manually search through each separate offer they are interested in and be redirected to other websites in order to obtain detailed information. This can be a time-consuming and overwhelming process for many consumers because the company does not offer any search filters to narrow down available choices.

Limited Financial Education Resources

The company claims to offer numerous financial literacy programs around the world. However, its corporate website contains limited financial education resources. There are several articles on a wide range of topics, but there are no financial calculators or other resources for estimating monthly payments. The website may be difficult for some consumers to navigate and be able to find the information they are looking for. The company does not offer any other financial products or services to consumers outside of the available credit card offers.

The Bottom Line

Visa is a well-known global payments technology provider that offers a wide range of credit card offers to consumers of all credit types. The company is highly reputable in the industry with billions of transactions taking place annually around the world. The credit card offers featured on its corporate website contain a wide range of benefits and features for every financial situation. The company also provides mobile banking services and 24/7 customer service. The APRs provided on the corporate website are considerably high, even for consumers with excellent credit histories. Interest fees and other surcharges are not clearly disclosed upfront. Consumers will need to carefully read any service agreement terms and conditions for the cards they are interested in before filling out an application. The company's website is difficult to navigate in order to find specific information and the credit card offers navigate consumers to many other websites on the internet.

Tracy Womack
August 8th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

My Visa credit card is so easy to use and every time I have had an issue with it the customer service has been so helpful.

Mazi Marcel Womack
August 2nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

I love my Visa Credit Card, they have great customer service and great policies.

Taylor Walker
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Not sure what to say but that they are accepted almost everywhere so that's nice.

Christina Balls
June 11th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

We have had credit cards through Visa and have not had any problems. They have good customer service. Visa is accepted most places which makes it easy to use their card

Dale L Farmer
June 4th, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS

This is one of my go to cards. I like the quarterly specials they do. They save my a lot.

Beth Farmer
June 3rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Love my Visa! I get money back for paying off my Credit Card and they give it to me as cash right back into my account! Or you can pick a gift card to many different places and companies. Visa is also accepted everywhere. It's incredibly easy to pay my bills online. One time my card was being used by someone out of the country and I was immediately notified and reimbursed and my card was shut down and a new one sent without skipping a beat. I feel safe with Visa and we've only had positive experiences being their customer.

Anne Sainsbury
May 28th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS

Visa was my first credit card and I've enjoyed it. As a 16 year old I believe it was a good plan to be on, however I feel like the interest rates are relatively low and it is time for me to move on to higher interest rates. Ultimately, however, I would definitely recommend as a starting credit card to anyone looking for one.

BLF
May 16th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Visa has been a reliable company to have for my credit card. They are accepted at almost every establishment and the interest rate is comparable to other card.

Reese
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have a Visa and it is through Wells Fargo Bank. I have also had other Visa cards in the past and they are accepted everywhere that I shop and I especially like to use them when I travel and being overseas they are better than trying to exchange money and have cash on me.

Ashley
May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I only carry Visa in my wallet and have never had any trouble not being able to use it until I went to a Smith's grocery store self check out and was told they don't take Visa Credit Cards but they take other ones. I just used my Visa Debit and all was well. I love the perks my Visa gives me with points for normal everyday use like the grocery store and restaurants.

Derek Turner
May 2nd, 2019 Chester, SC DETAILS

Dependable with good Customer Service Dept.

Abby Driggs
April 1st, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I’ve never had problems with my Visa. It is very convenient that every place I’ve been (including Europe) accepts my Visa card.

February 14th, 2019 Lake Orion, MI DETAILS

My one primary credit card, used for airline miles and club access.

Erin
February 14th, 2019 Lake Hiawatha, NJ DETAILS

The ability to recognize fraud and listen to concern

Shauna Horne
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have used Visa for over 20 years and I have always been extremely satisfied by their service. The cards work well, they are accepted everywhere (even when we visit Canada) and they have good customer service. I will continue to use Visa.

S Suguturaga
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

The company is straight-forward with rewards and fees and I have found the company to be very transparent with customers.

P Crawley
February 13th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I use my Visa all the time. I haven't found a store that doesn't accept it like other cards. The interest rates are reasonable but I do try to pay off the card each month. I also like that I can get points using my Chase Visa card.

JAKE
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have used Visa for a while. We have always had a good experience with it. I have never found anywhere that has not accepted Visa. Some places and small businesses do not accept Amex but they have always accepted visa so its nice to have the peace of mind that most places will accept it.

Steve Anderson
February 12th, 2019 Lindon, UT DETAILS

I love my Visa card!! I've never had a problem with it. It's never been declined anywhere I've traveled throughout the world. The customer service is excellent. Nor have I had a problem understanding the folks I call with questions and asking for help. That's a big help for me. It's terribly frustrating when I call for online support and cannot understand what the person on the other side of the line is trying to tell me. I've had my Visa for so long I don't even remember when I first got it. I also love the fact that it covers the fees for using it overseas. This card is a keeper, without a doubt.

Jenny
February 12th, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

We love using Visa. Everyone takes Visa, and if you ever have a credit card compromised, Visa always takes good care of you.

Cristiana
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Visa is the credit card that my family and I use most. I don't have nothing to complain and I really like the customer service. Always when they see something specious they contact us to check and once I need to cancel is is fast and easy. I never had issues with the billing process.

Kristiane R Durfey
February 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love the convenience of my Visa card. It is my go-to when buying most everything. I have never had a problem using it anywhere because it is so widely used and accepted. I usually pay the balance off before I am charged with the interest so I have never had a problem or issue with the interest charged. I love it.

Zack
February 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I have never had issues when it comes to having a Visa. Most places take them, and they perform flawlessly. Visa is a go to with customer service and product quality.

Brody B
February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Love my Visa card. Use it anywhere and enrollment is easy. They offer great rewards and competitive interest rates. Visa is a great option for anyone needing a good credit card.

Jen Paxman
February 7th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I have a Chase Visa card and we really like it. I like that Visa cards are accepted everywhere and I never have to ask "do you accept Visa". The customer service is great and the rewards are unmatched for what our family needs. The website is very user friendly and I am able to see all of my accounts on one page. The first credit card I ever applied for was a Visa and I have had one ever since. Visa stands by their cards and promotions and I am a loyal customer for life.

Erika
February 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We really like the visa card. Our favorite thing about it is that its accepted pretty much everywhere. Theres a lot of smaller business that do not accept Amex so its nice that they almost always accept visa. Also like the rewards program.

Linda Reis
February 6th, 2019 Yuma, AZ DETAILS

My Disney visa thru Chase has been an excellent value. They have been customer oriented and very helpful.

Ann Bailey
February 6th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Visa is my preferred Credit Card. Anywhere in the world takes Visa, and it's name is trusted. I have had excellent customer service while talking on the phone. Although I pay my bill off every month, twice I forgot to pay my bill on time, they waived my interest fee.

Chelsea Horrocks
February 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I love my visa! I never have to worry about if it’s accepted and I love the cash back on my credit card. They always have my back if by chance my cards have been compromised.

August Moulton
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT

Visa is the most versatile and trusted credit card brand out there. I never worry whether purchasing at home or traveling abroad. I have never had a bad experience with a Visa card.

nathan brewer
February 1st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We have used Visa for over 20 years now and have never been denied or had any places that didn't accept Visa.

Lori Fletcher
January 31st, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

I only use Visa because their rewards are better than most and Visa is accepted everywhere.

Jeff Blackett
January 31st, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I would consider Visa a middle of the pack Credit Card. Nothing horrible to say but also nothing that has blown me away. One bad experience I had was when I went on vacation and notified Visa but my card was still turned off due to a fraud alert. This caused quite the hassle because of the time I had to spend on the phone to correct the issue. An example of a great experience was when I had a charge on my card oversees and they immediately flagged it and contacted me. My card had been compromised and they immediately reissued the card which I received in 2 days.

Sadie Salisbury
January 17th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

Visa is by far the most reliable card to use! It works everywhere and I have never had issues with it! The customer service is always so great and responds as soon as possible.

Savanna Caver
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Visa is the most reliable in my opinion! All of my cards are Visa. I love the rewards that come with it!

Madalyn Johnson
January 15th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I have never had any complaints with Visa! I know when I pull out my Visa card it is accepted everywhere and don't ever have to stress that a business doesn't accept Visa.

MaKayla Christiansen
January 9th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Whenever I run into an issue with my Visa card there customer service is always amazing and right on top of it. I love Visa and will continue to use there company because of the customer service.

Hailey Nilson
January 4th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I use Visa almost every single day, and they've been a pleasure to work with. They've saved my butt on more occasions than one, and make sure to notify when payments need to be taken care of.

Brinley Knowles
December 20th, 2018 Smithfield, UT DETAILS

I love my Visa card. Most everywhere I go they take Visa which is so nice. I always put money on my card and don't have to worry about carrying around cash. Such a great card that I use every single day if not multiple times a day.

Katie Marz
December 19th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

I love my Visa card. I love that it is so popular that almost anywhere will take visa as a credit card. It has been so nice to have on hand.

Dasha Directo
December 18th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

The only card I own is visa. I've never had any problems with my Visa cards. Visa is taken at majority of places, so that's never a problem.

Mildred Carter
December 12th, 2018 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS

I've only EVER used Visa cards, whether it's through debit cards or just credit cards themselves. I've never had any issue with them anywhere I've gone. They're widely accepted and you'd be hard pressed to find a merchant that doesn't accept Visa. Visa is definitely the credit card company I'd say I trust the most.

Jorden Laird
December 11th, 2018 Front Royal, VA DETAILS

They are handy and used most by a lot of small business and vendors with mobile processing. makes my life easier

Dee Farquharson
December 11th, 2018 Washington, DC

All of my cards are Visa except one. I like how widely accepted they are. The added chip has US Visa or Visa credit, which you can use internationally (which is cool). I also like Visa Checkout. This is great for paying. I use it for Starbucks' app. It makes it really easy.

TyGuy
December 10th, 2018 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I've used Visa for all my personal credit card purchases. I'm good at paying off my card before the next month so I don't worry much about fees. It's accepted everywhere I've traveled.

Hadley
December 10th, 2018 American Fork, UT

I have never had any problems with VISA. It is super easy to use, and easy to connect to my bank account.

Shauna Craig
December 6th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I like Visa because the cards are accepted almost everywhere. Their rates are competitive.

Katie Howard
December 6th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have two Visa cards, one of which functions as both a debit and a credit card, and the other just credit. They both work well, they're both backed up by good institutions, and they are accepted absolutely everywhere that takes cards. Of all the cards I have, Visa is the one I trust the most.

Fernando Delgado
December 6th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

Visa was the first one to allow me to get a credit card and help me build my credit and most important great interest rate compare to other credit card companies!!

Shawn
December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Visa is my favorite credit card everybody except them and is familiar with them. Even on a worldwide basis they are used and excepted everywhere. Easy to read statements they protect our account and let us know when suspicious activity occurs.