American Express (Amex) Logo

American Express (Amex)

9.3

Karen Nelson Alpine, UT

My favorite thing about American Express is that when you lose a card, they have a new one for you the very next day. They also have always covered expenses of stolen cards. I like that everyone takes the card around the world.

Frederick Nelson Universal City, TX

I have the american express travel and it's fantastic. I love the amextravel platform for finding flights as well. The benefits are great and customer service fantasic. Also have been willing to help out on extended warranty issues as well. It is my main credit card for a reason. I also enjoy the centurion lounge access at airports.

Beau Chandler Chicago, IL

I have used Amex for a good few years now and have yet to have any major problems that couldn’t be resolved via assistance. Great service!

Chris Milke Olney, MD

Love the platinum card rewards and acceptability worldwide. Service fee could be waived at lower levels for regular users of the card. Traveler insurance is also a plus.

Melissa M Kansas City, MO

They have quality customer service. When we needed to dispute a charge they were so helpful and quick to take care of it.

Linda

Outstanding! Love the app. Great company. I appreciate the reward points, the notifications when I charge, the billing, the extras. I use this card for most purchases.

Gary Garner

They provide good and timely service. No long holds on the phone. US based customer service. Don't like high annual fees. They just upped the fee to $250. We may be parting ways.

Nicole Sohm Herriman, UT

I had the American Express Costco awhile back when Costco was using them and it was my favorite cc I had. They would give you cashback and offer you awesome rewards!

Christina Kaysville, UT

We have used American Express credit card for our personal needs and to collect travel points. The yearly fee is a little steep, but we only use it if it pays off in the end.

Assured comfort Redmond, OR

I love american express. Their service is terrific. A person always answers when you call and they are always very helpful. A great example for everyone

Allen Bronson Idaho Falls, ID

They lowered my credit limit in the middle of transactions that caused me over the limit fees. When I called customer service to get to the bottom of it, I could not understand the representative (they were from a foreign country) so I asked for somebody else that I could understand and they replied that i could not speak to somebody else. Not very happy at all with Amex customer service. I expect much better from a large well-known company.

Mark Troxel Saratoga Springs, UT

I like the reward miles earned on every purchase. I used this everyday to purchase everything. I have found very few locations that do not accept Amex.

Thomas Craig Missouri City, TX

They are accepted almost everywhere. They gave me high credit limits and have automatically increased them due to my payment history. I also get hotel points.

Amanda Labs Lawrenceville, GA

I have had this card since 2014 it was an amazing card ! Well just recently i had money for concert tickets coming back to my account. The amount was deposited into my account 2 days later they withdrew the money to hold it. To verify that it was a real. Even with proof from ticketmaster. Now this wouldnt be a big deal if they didn't keep lying to me about it or i guess not telling me 100% of the truth. Some people are saying we haven't gotten the money from them but the "managers" have said that they had. No one apparently can tell me what's going on other than i have to wait 7 days from the 27th even though it was deposited on the 25th. They state its in the terms and conditions but never in there does it state they have the right to remove the fund from the account to hold it 2 days after the fact. Beyond irritated and after I return home i will be probably closing my account with them based off of horrible customer service which okay with yelling at you and hanging up on you. Even if you swear at them and try to politely handle this!!! Beyond horrible!!!!

Sandra Dubas Salt Lake City, UT

American Express has been a good credit card for me. I like using them for big purchases because I know they are secure. One complaint that I have is that not a lot of businesses accept their credit card services.

Ryan Hancock San Francisco, CA

I just used my Delta American Express card and it sure came in handy when I checked my bags. It is nice not having to worry about luggage fees, and zone 1 bording is also a plus.

Jared Provo, UT

My limited experience with American Express has been good for the most part. I have the Delta credit card, and my only complaint so far is that the value of a SkyMile isn't as readily accessible as I would like.

Jennifer Ashby Lehi, UT

I have been pleased with my AMEX cards. I have been able to earn great rewards. The only downside is that you sometimes can’t use them everywhere. They have resolved any issues that I have had.

Jeff Blosil Kennewick, WA

In the short time I have had my card I was able to earn enough miles for a free trip! The customer service is also amazing and I don't spend hours trying to reach someone.

Michelle Pyne Hoschton, GA

We have had an American Express card for several years. Processing is always accurate, and they are always responsive to our questions and helpful when we express a need.

Melissa Providence, UT

Love the protection I have with using my American Express credit card. They have great to work with when purchases have gone wrong. Excellent customer service.

Julie Earl Magna, UT

Great credit card with great benefits. I have the Hilton Honors and have used this card to earn points towards travel. I have no complaints about my American Express card!

Ashlee Bair Los Angeles, CA

We love the customer service and rewards given by Amex! They are such a great credit card company to use. Don’t love annual fees but we usually steer clear of those cards.

Dave_ Layton, UT

Interest rates are generally a little higher and has more fees than my other cards, but I have sky miles and the benefits outweigh the costs. Especially if you pay the balance down each month.

Yvonne ,

I’ve used their credit card for many years and feel that they’ve always answered my questions, resolved any rare issues, and their customer service department is professional, patient, knowledge.

Natalie Drewery ,

We really have loved our family's American Express card. The customer service is great and we love how quick they are to act on potential fraudulent situations. I only decreased my rating due to the fact that it is our only card that some places will not accept. Wish we could use it everywhere we go!

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

We love our Amex card. When we had some issues with fraud, the Company was able to handle the problem without any inconvenience from our end. Customer service was the best we ever experienced with any card service.

AndyGrimes Short Hills, NJ

So good, I really enjoyed their unique benefits and points. This is the only card that gives me major deals on certain stuff like paying bills or discounts on electronics and clothing.

Kim , NC

Nice rewards card that you can redeem for every $2500.00 you spend. You can either get a gift card or apply the $25 to your card payment. Really good customer service too. Never had a problem with them.

Beachnut The Cajun Camper Mandeville, LA

I had an AmEx when I first got out of high school. The scary thing was: No monthly statement. The good thing was: No monthly statement. I made a single purchase of about $900. Paid it off the next month. Easy peasy.

Rickey Lehi, UT

I've had AmEx for 14 years. They've never done me wrong. I do hear they're tough on people who go into collections, so there is that to consider if you have a potential for it. However, if you pay on time they're great. They have awesome deals / rewards and their rates are pretty standard.

Alejandro DE Jesus San Antonio, TX

AMEX provides clients like me with winning edge over discounts and cash back promos that I in turn to purchase more. I get encouraged with discounts and cash back because they practically stretch my money for purchases.

Jean van der Sommen Cumming, GA

Have had a credit card for over 25 years. They email me when I purchase but don't present my card. They have contacted me with questionable purchases with have sometimes been fraudulent and sometimes legally done. Customer service is always responsive and courteous.

Myken Cheyenne, WY

Excellent customer service and great cards with lots of good rewards! I have three different American Express cards and their app is so easy user friendly, which helps me effectively manage my different cards!

take7 Sandy, UT

Love the card. Great perks and deals with travel and shopping anywhere. The benefits we get in return make the card worth it -- points and upgrades on car rentals travel flights shopping.

Amy Christian Sandy, UT

Best customer service hands down, enjoy the discounts on other items for being a Amex card holder. Like that I can earn free flights with my points easily. Easy to transfer points to my delta account from Amex

GrandpaRod Lehi, UT

I have an American Express Account and I would not go anywhere without it. Thank you for giving us the free baggage with Delta Airlines and for the wonderful customer service. It is worth every penny of my annual fee.

Karlie Ady Sandy, UT

Our particular credit card gives a 6% cashback on groceries up to a certain limit. We have been very impressed with the amount of cash back we save on this card! As a family of seven groceries are one of our biggest expenses. I highly recommend this card. Don’t love their online system though.

Juliann Mecham Managua, MN

I love American Express. I love how great of customer service they have and their quality of card. I also like how they offer gift cards, this makes a easy way to give Christmas or birthday gifts to those you love.

Kbr Lahaina, HI

I like American Express because it tracks your apology when you never have to worry about whether or not there is some charge on your card that they won’t takeoff. I’ve had excellent customer service but their fees are awfully high! Also don’t like that not every place will take them because then I always have to have a second credit card.

Katie Valdosta, GA

We have had an American Express platinum card for several months now. We have recieved great customer service this far. I appreciate the rewards that come along with it, specifically the lounges in the airports.

Ariyana Miller Riverview, FL

American Express is a great banking service. Their customer service is amazing and very rarely do I experience problems with it. The only negative thing I can say is that American Express is not accepted as widely as other banking services but overall it is still a good service.

Jon Posey Riverton, UT

AMEX in my mind is the best CC. Easily the best customer service. Great card options, usually reasonable rates and good promos. I wish more places accepted them, we are getting there though.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

I own an American Express Card for my travel needs in case they don't take Visa. The only draw back $95 dollars they charge me to own the card every year. I do get great benefits from the card like points for eating out or shopping and when I use it for my Delta flight I get some great perks.

kerry perez Orem, UT

I have this card, its my go to card for all my travel needs. I use it for work stuff too, and i love it. Great features, awesome reward program, works everywhere and very user friendly website to use.

Cathie Chavez Banning, CA

I have there card,there coustomer service is excellent they let the coustomer know they care,they are there to help and answer all your questions and they fix any problems that come up

Craig Orem, UT

I have a AMEX through Delta Airlines for skymiles and it has always been a great card. The fees are minimal and I love the benefits. Great option for someone looking for a good credit card.

Michelle De Oliveira American Fork, UT

I have the American Express Delta rewards card and it works well for me. I like that I get a free companion ticket each year, which offsets the annual fee. I also like that I get a free checked bag for myself and for whoever is in my party. This saves us a bundle when we fly as a family.

Kristiane R Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

We have and use our American Express on a regular basis. We love the ease of use and the rewards that we get through them. Interest rate isn't great but as long as you pay off the balance every month it isn't a problem. The card is accepted most places too.

Erika American Fork, UT

We use our American Express all the time and have really liked it. Their customer service responds quickly and are very helpful. Their online platform is great and really easy to use. I have always had a great experience with their online chat/help. Also we like their rewards program.