American Express (Amex) Logo

American Express (Amex)

9.3

Vlad Golden Hazlet, NJ

American Express has one of the best customer service programs. Their fees may be on the high side to some, but I assure you, you can get the value out of those fees. From their frequent flyer programs, to car rental insurance, to shopping discounts etc, they constantly are providing value for the money you pay them. Their customer service generally has very low hold times, and if you are satisfied with anything, they take the risk on to themselves while they investigate your claimes

STEVEN A TILLETT Pearland, TX

I have been an American Express card holder since 1978. In my 42 plus years Amex has never ever disappointed me. Our relationship has been mutually beneficial and continues to evolve even under the worst of circumstances.. Kudo's to the fine Folks at Amex. Be safe, stay healthy and keep helping all your loyal card members as you've done for all these years.

Southernprof Atlanta, GA

Amex credit card have the best rewards and customer service. We landed in Spain and our regular bank card was not accepted. We really needed to access cash. I emailed a friend and she reminded me we had Amex. They go cash in our hands within an hour. Their travel services are fantastic and they have lots of added perks and bonuses that save you money on things you buy. I recently got 20$ back on a Chewy.com purchase and 20$ back on a SOMA purchase. The money is credited to your account immediately. You don't have to wait months to get your bonus.

brock williams Los Angeles, CA

I have been an American Express Business credit card holder for 15 years. I've had a lot of credit cards, both for business and personal accounts, with different companies, and Amex is hands down the best. When I've had vendors not deliver the products I paid for, Amex has refunded the amount I paid quickly and easily. They also have an incredible rewards program which I've used quite a bit, redeeming points for travel and other perks. I still have multiple business credit cards with Amex, and I plan to continue to have those accounts long into the future.

Devin Cutter Long Beach, CA

I am a new customer to American Express, but so far am very happy with the product and rewards that I receive from the card. I currently have Delta Platinum SkyMiles card with Amex, which is a great compliment to the Delta SkyMiles I earn while traveling. Although this year I have not traveled as much as I have in previous years due to the global pandemic, this has not stopped me from earning miles on expenses that I will be able to bank for later. For me, the perks offered through the card are more than worth the annual membership fee. The website and apps or very easy to use and understand. It's easy to pay my bill, track my rewards, and see all the additional services and discounts I'm eligible for all within the app. For anyone that travels frequently, I would highly recommend becoming an Amex member.

BeauCarl South Jordan, UT

I have had an American Express card for over 10 years what I appreciate most is the protection they provide to the cardholders the insurance that is included with most of their cards, including buyer protection and rental car protection. The one drawback is the annual fee and the interest rate can be high so you are paying for what you get with American Express, also most small businesses will not accept American Express due to its high fees Costco will also not accept American Express.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

The Delta American Express is the best because I'm able to earn points on regular purchases everyday. These points turn into miles really fast. They are constantly having deals for more miles on restaurants, and you can even shop on their sky mall. The best is being able to board early on flights by just showing my Delta American Express. American Express is used everywhere and all over the world.

Jonas De Olveira American Fork, UT

I have the Delta skymiles american express card. I really like getting a companion fare each year. It helps make the annual fee worth it. I travel often and use delta most often as my carrier so I get double points on all those purchases. It has been a good card, it isn't great for international travel though. It is not accepted in as many places overseas.

wayne sanders Valley Center, CA

AmEx has been a top notch company for me. I appreciate it when I get a notification from them letting me know that something in my spending pattern was different and they just wanted to verify that it was in fact me who made the charge. There was a time however that I hadn't made the charge on my account and there were no questions asked, AmEx reversed the charges and didn't penalize me for it. that's good customer service in my book.

Helen Thompson Bountiful, UT

WE HAVE BEEN WITH AMERICAN EXPRESS FOR MANY YEARS AND LOVE THE BONUS'S WE GET BY BEING WITH THEM. WE USE OUR FREQUENT FLYER MILES WE GET WITH USING OUR CREDIT CARD. WE LOVE GETTING A COMPANION FREE TICKET IF WE USE OUR CARD ENOUGH IN ONE YEAR. WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TREATED FAIR ON THE PHONE WHEN IT CAME TIME TO UP THE AMOUNT WE COULD USE.THEY HAVE A GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS EEASY TO GET AHOLD OF AND HELP WITH OUR PROBLEMS. THEY ARE SO GOOD TO FOLLOW UP IF WE HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT ANYTHING.

Lindsay Fritts San Diego, CA

American Express is THE BEST! I have the platinum card and cannot say anything bad about them (even with the high yearly fee). Anytime something I bought with my Amex breaks or has an issue, I reach out to Amex and they immediately refund me to fix or buy a new one. I have extended warranties on everything I buy through American express (I got a new harddrive on my Mac and Amex covered every penny!) Favorite card!

Cate Jackson

Benefits are amazing and although they have a yearly fee, the points and benefits still make it worth it.

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

AMEX used to be synonymous for customer service and perks. However, these qualities have gone down over the years. Their Blue card is no annual fee with cashback at 3% for groceries. Email status is great. You have to monitor your rewards, because special incentives are not always posted.

Ruben solis

Customer service is always an issue with credit card companies, retail stores and businesses. An American Express is exceptional and it comes to customer service American Express is exceptional.

Larson Riverton, UT

This is been a great card to have times of emergencies. When I got this card the people who helped me were so nice. The company and its services are so great. I’ve had good experience using this card and would recommend it to others.

Jeremy Balls Kaysville, UT

I have several AMEX credit cards. Cards are usually accepted in most places. Benefits from most cards make it worth to have. and rewards are easy to redeem. I had my credit card information stolen once and AMEX was great to work with.

Mark

We used American Express for several years while they were affiliated with Costco. The annual rebate was reliable, and their website was easy to use. While we no longer use their services due to Costco's change to Citi, we would have no problem using their services in the future.

Jessica C. Apex, NC

I no longer have a card with American Express since they broke from Costco, but I never had any problems with them. I liked their website much better than Citibank's (who Costco partners with now), and they were really good to take care of the couple times my husband's card number was stolen and used, so that was very appreciated. They aren't accepted everywhere which can get annoying, but overall they were pretty good and I liked them. The only reason we were with them in the first place though was because of the partnership with Costco.

Kari Staheli

I got my american express card so I can get the 40,000 travel points that was advertised with it. I spent $1000 in the first 3 months. After I spent my money they quickly credited my account with my travel points. Yeah!! I like the online payment option.

Dave Marlowe American Fork, UT

I had American Express credit card for many years I’ve used it while traveling abroad and make purchases locally I find it there cashback and Sanners is well worth using the card

Cyd Vernon Collierville, TN

Been a customer for 15+ years, great loyalty and when I had someone make charges on my card because of fraud, Amex caught it, paid the amounts and sent me a new card the next day. Love this company and use them everyday!

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

I've been an AmEx user for over 30 years! It has been my Corporate Card for three different companies. I also have Delta Card which gives me free luggage. I'm very happy with AmEx and the ability to get points from all my different cards, even the Corp Card is a big bonus. There is a small fee but it is worth it for the points.

Amy McCarlie Orem, UT

We got this American Express card because of the points! We have tons of flyer miles and its been so great! Customer service is just the best! They are always so helpful with what we need!

Tara Bindrup Smithfield, UT

I have been an American Express card user for over 20 years! I love the Delta flight card which earns you points and the benefit of one free bag with the purchase of a delta ticket for up to six people in your flight party. If I ever have a fraudulent charge they are quick to resolve and refund.

Johnson3307 Houston, TX

I was given an American Express serve card as a promotion with T-Mobile I had $200 credit on it and I’ve had the card for more than 10 years now. It was my first “reloadable credit card” and I still have and use it today! Great service and never charge me any fees.

Alex Knoxville, TN

I love Amex! I have the Hilton Honors card (No Fee) and got a superb bonus when beginning. I've had no issues at all. It's super easy to link to my bank account to pay my bill monthly and I can't wait to begin using my points to stay at Hilton properties.

LifeOn Adventure Newport, KY

Several years ago I was shopping at Macy's and was offered a chance to apply for the American Express credit card. I was approved very quickly and received a nice discount for the purchased I made that day. I have not had any problems with my card, or the service provided, since I opened my account.

Lisa Miller Lewisville, TX

I have a personal card and corporate card. I find it very easy to do business with American Express especially when calling their customer service line. The only thing I didn't like was that they changed the format of the Account page but there is a button you can click to go back to the old version. I like the older version better.

cosandral cooper Columbus, GA

I don’t have a problem with them just to get a card with Amex is a blessing to all because everyone would like there card. I haven’t been to many places that don’t take the card. Everybody don’t get this card. But if you pay like you suppose to do you don’t have a problem with them. I love them.

Nicole Jones Sandy, UT

I love my American Express Platinum Card and use it for all my day-to-day purchases and international travel. They have wonderful customer service and their annual fee is extremely affordable. As an added bonus, I love getting the companion certificate for Delta each year!

CarenM Saratoga Springs, UT

American Express is awesome. I have had several occasions that I needed to dispute a charge and they went to bat for me right away and refunded my money that was in dispute. I love their customer service, they are always friendly and super helpful. I would most def recommend American Express anytime!

Syl North Port, FL

Member of American Express for many years. I used my American Express card everywhere! I use it to shop for clothes, groceries, etc. It's a great card to use for travel and booking hotels, and flights. I love the reward points! The customer service is available 24/7 and always fantastic service very friendly.

JamieD Orange, CA

American Express has been great to work with. I chose them because of their cash back benefits. I just furnished a rental property and ran all my purchases through my Amex card. The rewards paid for a huge chunk of Christmas. Awesome!

Erin Farnsworth Pleasant Grove, UT

My favorite card to use for it’s rewards. I have taken three separate trips that I wouldn’t have without my Amex rewards! Highly recommend. They are also great with refunds and other customer services. I once was a few days late on a payment on accident, and because of my good record, they easily waived the late fee.

Haelyn Lahens Deerfield Beach, FL

I love American Express. The several benefits that you have access to with this credit card are worthwhile. One of the best benefits I really enjoy is the Uber usage and discounts. With Amex, I get free Uber Cash very frequently including discounts off several rides.

BJ Tenney Woods Cross, UT

I love the rewards they offer on the cards. You can go and add them to your card and they automatically apply to any purchase that matches the criteria. I spent $50 at a local hardware store, and because I had an offer on my card, Amex automatically credited me $10.

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

When I signed up for my Amex through a Delta promotion they offered my 40,000 flight rewards which was awesome! The points along with additional ones helped me to book a flight. I have had a good experience with my card. My only concern is that it isn't accepted everywhere, which can be a problem if I don't have cash.

Dave Ros Pleasant Grove, UT

I’m glad I have an American Express card. Our local grocery store recently stopped taking Visa but they do take American Express. It’s good to have another type of card when retailers do not accept all types. American Express also offers great incentives and gift cards when you use their credit card.

Sarah Kaysville, UT

I was just deciding what credit card I was going to get from American Express and both options are great. Either the delta flight perks or the Marriott perks. We decided to go with the flight one because if you spend a certain amount of money in 3 months you get 2 plane tickets. There is an annual fee of $95.

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

The reward points for using American Express are amazing! The one downfall is that it is not accepted everywhere, so I sometimes have to pull out my visa! But if you're willing to do that at times, it's totally one worth having because i comes with great perks!

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had an American Express credit card for many years and I like the freedom of having a large limit and so I am not worried about going over my limit. I also like that they have many anti fraud features on the card and if there is any problem provide great help and customer service.

Randy Case Mesa, AZ

I've been an American Express credit card holder for over 20 years. The website is easy to use, customer service is efficient and responsive, and the phone app is great for checking on funds available or making a payment in real time.

Erin Lindon, UT

We’ve used American Express for the past 18 years. They have great rewards and their interest rate is competitive. They’ve monitored transactions on our card for fraud and have contacted us whenever they suspected fraud or suspicious transactions. Their customer service is excellent.

JAKE American Fork, UT

We have used American Express for a long time. Their customer service is good and they usually respond quickly and are very helpful. I do like their reward program options. They have a lot of different companies available to choose from. They have added a lot more companies that you can get gift cards to.

Shawn American Fork, UT

American Express has done a very good job at making it so more companies except their card. Early on not a lot of places excepted American Express because of the higher rates that American Express cost to use. I think Cosco made that different when they carried their cards as an exclusive. We find that now they don’t have the green with Costco that we have switch back to visa and don’t use our American Express cards. Never any complaints

Melissa Reinoso Herriman, UT

I used to have a personal credit card with them, I now have a business card with them. They are great to work with and have no complaints. They will call if they feel like your card is being used fraudulently. They take high priority in fraud like transactions.

LAURI J CLARK Lindon, UT

We have been AMEX customers for many years. I appreciate their customer service. I especially like the year end reports that I use for tax prep. I love the categories that are available. We have unfortunately had a couple of issues with fraud but we have never been disappointed! AMEX has been quick to notify us and the resolutions have been exactly what we needed.

J Paul Wright Central, UT

I love my AMEX card. Even the annual fee is worth it, considering the benefits, savings, rewards, etc. Using this card really gives me peace of mind as I travel and use it for big purchases. I have now even used them for a personal loan, which was very simple. Their customer service has been outstanding throughout the years.

Kim Millett Lindon, UT

We have always loved our American Express card that gives us Delta Skymiles. We have had our card now for 15 years. We get a free companion fare ticket each year. We usually use this on our yearly cruise. The only bummer is when Costco stopped accepting this card. We love the miles.

Jodie Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

I had a Costco AmEx for many years and I loved their cash back rewards program! They were very on top of monitoring my account and alerting me about potential fraud and verifying questionable purchase, some of which did turn out to be fraudulent. They always took care of the issue and replaced my card quickly with little disruption to my life. The only reason I have a 4 star review is because AmEx is not accepted everywhere that Visa and Mastercard are.