Best Company Guarantee Verizon Logo

Verizon

6.7

Alicia Holman Gilbert, AZ

Their cell service is great and most of the products are good. I didn't like the business service side, but the residential service was fine. Some of the customer service reps don't understand the service enough, so they don't explain some of the services very well, but overall, it's good.

John Kenny

The service is the most reliable I've seen over the years. The pricing, however, is quite a bit higher; both phones and service are higher than most other providers. The extra cost is justifiable (although not desirable), for the reliability. The customer service and technical support is outstanding.

joco

the customer service is outstanding. They are always friendly and understanding. I don't always get the latest and cheapest, but I am always provided with the best offer that I am qualified to receive.

Edward Schneider Yermo, CA

They are more expensive then any others. I think they take advantage of the elderly, and no alloance for Veterans.Having said that the service is great. I have not traveled to any area where I did not get a signal.

Tonia Gray American Fork, UT

Great wifi but definitely pay for it! Customer service has improved this last year. We hated have been to go into a Verizon store. We were there forever and were up sold on everything. That is not the case the last couple times we've been in. Thank you!

Donald Hughes Leonard, TX

Good service horrible price. My service is about as standard as it gets. Unlimited data, service almost everywhere. These days that's provided by most companies. The fact that I pay $110 a month for something I could pay Walmart to go phones $45 a month for the same service is why I rate so low and am waiting for my contract to expire.

Susan Goodman Los Angeles, CA

I have used a couple others in the last 15 or so years and Verizons cell coverage is by far the best. Service is good, employees knowledgeable, so all in all it works for me.

Cheryl Malone Birmingham, AL

They provide excellent coverage in the rural mountain area of Georgia where I live, customer service is good and the people at the service store are very friendly and helpful.

James Voyles

Coverage map is awesome! Voice provider rating, probably 4.5 out of 5.0, due only to the occasional loss of calls in areas where coverage really should be excellent. The "Unlimited" data plan gets about ' star!!! They are fine if all you want to do is download occasional updates, emails and such. But our internet requirement is between 35GB and 40GB per month. Now, under their new plan, at 15GB, they reduce speed to less than or equal to 600 kB per second. That is not much more than dial-up and is completely insufficient for normal Internet use! And they charge a fortune for two phones and one data line.

Miranda

Because I can get a signal most anywhere I am. The only difference is I wish they had a tower closer to my home so I wouldn't have to have a landline. Also, I wish the data plans were less expensive.

Frank Corbin

I am very pleased with my cell phone service from Verizon. Call quality and coverage are very good and data speed is more than adequate. Whenever I've needed assistance their service have been very good.

Luke Gibson Provo, UT

Verizon has gotten a lot better over the years. Their customer service has vastly improved and their treatment of your bill and related policies are now a lot more customer-focused and less skeezy. I hate having to get a sales pitch for a different plan half the times I call customer support, but aside from that their support is generally helpful. Their physical stores and kiosks, however, are still strange, sales-y places that feel like they're run by kids who don't really know what they're doing and are overly focused on "upselling" you instead of helping you.

Sandy Sutton Spanish Fork, UT

I've always used Verizon and always will as my provider. I'm happy with the service they provide. Many of my friends move back and forth but always complain about the new service.

Darrell Provo, UT

I was with these guys for a long time. I felt constantly like I was being overcharged, but I stayed with them because they had the best coverage. I was always unhappy after customer service calls and it seemed like no one quite knew what they were doing at their offices. They do have great coverage but you are going to pass through the nose for it.

Alex Murphy Reno, NV

Best phone company around. Period. I have used many of their competitor and have always been disappointed and returned to Verizon. You do have to pay a lot more, but it has been a great experience.

Daniel Poaletti

Verizon has quality products for relatively low prices. Their coverage is amazing in the US and around the world if you are willing to pay their international prices. Not the best for abroad travel because of the cost but great for national use.

Sav Flo Salt Lake City, UT

Verizon provided me with great service the only problem I had was that they weren't able to make adjustments for me to get a new phone even though I was willing to pay the price. This was due to the contract that I signed that I wasn't able to make adjustments when I wanted. I have no complaints on their employees or the wireless connection I had with my phone.

Kari Staheli

I had Verizon for about 6 years. I flel I had a love hate relationship with them. I loved having good cell phone coverge, but hated being locked in to a plan. Since we had a family plan someone was always locked in and couldn't change carriers if we wanted too. The cost of a new smart phone and data plan at Verizon was why I changed carriers. I just couldn't afford what it was going to cost for my husband and I to have smartphones with Verizon.

Tena Wallace Brentwood, TN

Verizon customer service has gone above and beyond to help me with the issues I have had, and continue to have with the #AppleiPhone7Plusb. The problem is with Apple's new iPhone 7 Plus.

Ray Escalon, CA

Terrible experience after being a customer for over 15 years. Had two different CSR's give me two different upgrade options. When I asked the second person why I was not getting the same upgrade as the previous CSR she tried to tell me that she has never heard of that program. Strange....I have the message here from Verizon showing me my options. After she tried to do the bait and switch, I held my ground and notified her I was going to call corporate. She went in the back room and ...Shazaam...a program appeared. Now, after I complained to corporate about the incident, I received a message that they have been trying to get a hold of me to discuss the issue. They did not....only the one message saying they have repeatedly tried to discuss the issue with me. Spent $700 for two IPhones and additional data....and accessories which is where they make a great commission. Sad thing.....Sprint, At&T, T Mobile, are the worst in terms of coverage and upgrades on phones after two years.

Mary Gable Oregon, WI

I love Verizon Wireless. It is the only cellphone company we have been with and the customer service has always been awesome no matter if I am in a store for myself or their with my mother in law.

RC SLATER Calumet City, IL

I have had Verizon for about five years and I am very happy with the service. I’ve never had issues with customer service, and my overall service performance is off the charts!

Colt Lacovara ,

Excellent provider services that are also reasonably priced! Although calling on the phone sometimes has a bit of a wait it is always worth it. They are always knowledgeable and available to fix any issues that you may have!

Keshondra Shipp Leesburg, GA

Verizon is probably one of the best phone providers out there. However, they are not perfect. Some of the experiences I’ve had with them have led me to consider other phone providers. For instance, I was charged $50 twice for the same phone and never got a refund. I tried calling and visiting one of their stores, and just kept getting the same thing. Eventually, someone I called gave me a partial refund but it still didn’t make sense as to why I could not get all my money back.

Ashley Papst Fremont, NE

When signing up for my plan I was able to get the new Samsung Galaxy 10e for free. After being with two other companies I find that Verizon has way better service. The only negative thing s I found were the price ea little high and I cracked the screen on my phone a little over a month after I got it and they wouldn't cover the screen.

Dr. Brown New York, NY

Billing system is a problem. Used to be that if a bill was allowed to be paid anytime within the 30 day billing cycle and maintain your account active. Now bill is due immediately upon the beginning of the billing cycle otherwise your account is suspended shortly thereafter.

auntycathy Virginia Beach, VA

I’ve been with Verizon Wireless for nearly 30 years and have always been happy. Sure there have been a couple of irritations over the years but nothing that their customer service agents weren’t able to help me with. Now that they’ve added an over-50 plan, I have no reason to go anywhere else.

Kris Kehe Houston, TX

Verizon is a great wireless company that provides great cell service. Anytime we had questions on our service it was either answered on our bill or on their website. If we had any other issues the local store was able to answer our questions.

Mim Lauj Hudson, WI

I have been with Verizon for 10+ years. Service coverage has always been the main reason I've stayed with them. I'm in the Midwest where cell coverage gets dicey when we are out camping or hunting/fishing. Where other carriers lose connectivity Verizon coverage has prevailed. The only reason it's a 4 star review is that they are expensive and I prefer in person sales help but there's a disconnect with what the sales person says and what actually happens to my account online afterwards. I've never had a billing issue.

DMSRobinM Minneapolis, MN

Love Verizon! I've been with them for years. Just wish that I could get a FREE phone upgrade to iPhone 12 mini for renewing my contract! :) Verizon recently upgraded my service, and that upgrade REDUCE my monthly cost by 25%!!!! Yay, Verizon!

Lora Thomas Denton, TX

I’ve had no problems with Verizon cell service. When traveling I have no problem with connectivity but others with me complain of problems with their service providers which are not Verizon. I also like the Verizon app. It’s easy to navigate and pay my bill.

jedimvma Tysons Corner, VA

I was a verizon user for at least 5 years, with my aunt. i love the service. i had the best service and i often miss it, as i'm currently with a different provider because they have lower prices and i can no longer afford verizon. my only complaint with verizon was unexpected charges. i dreaded upgrading my phone because there was always extra charges, other than the ones i was aware would come up with phone upgrades.

Rodney Shaffer Florence, KY

I've been a long time Verizon customer - over 15 years. The service is great. I rarely have dropped call regardless of my location. I'm always amazed when friends or family have to walk outside to get calls - in our home or their own. I never have to worry about that. My only issue is the ever increasing prices and plans. As a couple that doesn't use a lot of data, it doesn't seem worth the additional expense. However, I understand we're paying for the quality & great coverage.

George Lowe Plano, TX

I love the customer service, affordability, and product offerings. Suburban service coverage is patchy at best, which is concerning. I live outside of Dallas and there are very heavily populated areas in visual view of cell towers( less than .5 miles) and zero cellular data. I have been a customer since the Cellular One days in Central and Southeast Michigan.

Rhonda Earhart , VA

I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years. They have consistently reliable service no matter where you are. Whenever I have needed to change my plan, their customer service department always looks for ways to save me money which is greatly appreciated.

Vic Omaha, NE

I've been with Verizon for over 10 years now. I like my current plan; one thing I like is that they're dependable, and don't keep increasing their price. Also, their network coverage is very good. Sometimes customer service is great and sometimes not so great.

Judy D Gill Evans, GA

Service is virtually always good, usually excellent. Customer service is excellent. I've had no major problems with Verizon through many years of service. They are just expensive but customer service always works with me to find a way to lower my cost.

R & R from Maine Lewiston, ME

I have loved the Verizon services for several years now, and I feel like it is an easy company to work with. Recently upgraded my phone, thru Best Buy, and that was relatively painless --- except of course for the new monthly phone purchase amount!

Ann Richards Westerly, RI

I've had Verizon for my cell and cable services for over 10 years. I pay more, but what is that saying? You get what you pay for? Its so true in this case. I know many people who have the same phone as I do but have a different provider and don't like it. I try to tell them it isn't the phone its their provider thats the problem. Because I have never had a bad thing to say about Verizon. Thank you

Matt Markin Kearney, NE

I can only rate Verizon 4 of 5 due to the higher prices then I would normally be comfortable with paying, but the service is phenomenal throughout any area I have been. so, with that being said I would say very solid company with good support, if ever needed...I said go for it, buy a bunch of phones and get a bunch of Lines and get the whole family binging on Netflix just trying to find the unlimited Sweet spot!

Kelly Tinkham Oklahoma City, OK

I damaged my phone and went to the store for advice and to see about getting a replacement. The sales rep was very helpful and provided me with the options available to get a new phone the fastest way possible. I received my replacement within 2 days

An'iya HG ,

I'm very happy with the service this time around. I've had Verizon a few times over the years and there have been issues with paying for the service w/o actually being able to use it due to location - and then denying there was a break in service. That was ugly but this time, super friendly and helpful. I'm pleased so far.

Sunil Taori Fairfax, VA

I switched to Verizon last year after being with for over 10 years AT&T. I was frustrated initially as there were glitches with receiving the promotional discounts. Once resolved, I had no issues with their coverage or service. Most importantly, the bill has stayed constant to what was promised.

Virginia Smith Dallas, TX

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 years now and recommend them to everyone and see no chance at all that I will ever change.

Keith Anderson Henderson, NV

I've been with Verizon for about 15 years now. Their service is good their coverage for phones is excellent their price is a little bit more monthly than the other companies but probably worth it because of the excellent coverage I've never had drop calls although I've traveled pretty much every one of the 10 states on the west part of the United States

Brittany Alshawy Colorado Springs, CO

Good quality for the most part. There are areas where the devices do not work even though they claim they should. Also, I need an extender at my house. But at least they provide that. Overall, they seem to be fair. They have payment arrangements to help out in a bind, good customer services rep, and plenty of locations to visit. Good quality, again.

Jim Ballantyne Slidell, LA

I have been with Verizon from their Radiophone days, over 25 years. Their service and quality has continued to improve throughout our relationship. The service at the Verizon stores is outstanding and their willingness to help is its evidence. Th plans they offer might not be the cheapest, but the service makes up for the extra cost.

Janie Avery-Rivas Downey, CA

I have been a customer of Verizon for more than 15 years. I stay with them because the provide the best service for the money. Their customer service is terrific and their perks are good also. I will not change providers. I recommend them to everyone that are shopping for better service.

Ann Mom Matthews, NC

Verizon Wireless provides amazing coverage, and good clear connections. I have only ever found one area while traveling that had no bars and no service. Customer service is also very good. Overall Verizon is a great carrier, but also comes with a really high price tag. Unless you demand 100% coverage and travel to areas where coverage is iffy, I would say the price of even their most competitive contract is outrageous.

Michael , IL

I loved Verizon so much for so long. Even used them traveling overseas. But the local tower that serviced our house had some issues and I called every week for 5 months to report an outage because it would barely send texts, data was out of the question. We had 59mbps download speeds from this same tower before the issues happened. I couldn't pay them $300 a month to only be able to send texts. ATT has since can't through and installed new towers through our whole county. We live in a town of 300 people have speeds that exceed 100mbps download over the cell tower. You can't even get home internet in our area. But this cell signal powers our whole home internet use now and couldn't be happier.