Best Company Guarantee Verizon Logo

Verizon

6.7

Gary Kapanowski Macomb, MI

Customer service during the pandemic was terrible. There was no local help and reaching Verizon on the phone was impossible. Cost are very high for poor customer service. Switched to T-Mobile. The costs are much less. The service is same and the support is available by phone and local stores are open.

kimberli eicher Bend, OR

Total rip off. I was with Verizon for several years, yet every single time I upgraded my phone, I would be Promised in the store that it was a "free upgrade" and "no additional fees would show up on future bills"- yet without fail, my bills increased between $80-$120 a month! When I tried to address these changes and all the promises given to me in store, there was never anything they could do. Whomever I spoke to just seemed "baffled" and not once was my bill fixed. Horrible, dishonest company.

Pete Brown Mesa, AZ

The customer service, coverage and ease-of-use I’ve always been a step above with Verizon, and I’ve used most of them over the years years

Anne Tallahassee, FL

Expensive but it covers the areas I am. I travel a lot and when I used to have MetroPCS I would lose connection in certain areas. But with Verizon I have coverage.

Christopher Whiting Los Angeles, CA

We have been with Verizon for a decade. Overall we have been happy with some downfalls here and there. Any issue hasn't been big enough to leave. Issues have been far and few between.

denn Nashville, TN

i purchased a samsung 9 note with unlimited service plan at the verzon store in johnson city tn. in march 2020 my phone dissapeared in vietnam -- stolen or lost i wasnt sure --- i cancelled the number and service then in april paid off the balance of $540 on the phone -- the next month after my payoff verizon again took $165 out of my bank account --- i was in vietnam and it was impossible to contact them ---if in u s i would've gone back to the store and questioned the charge--- the next month they charged me $76-- better but still unwaranted as i was not using any verizon service --- i have now cancelled the bank account they were robbing---about 10years ago i bought a wifi hotspotdevice fromverizon again on monthly payments ---the device was a big headache-- it would work for about 10 minutes then shut down due to heat then had to wait til it cooled off to use-- i took it to the verizon store --- they had it in the back room for 1 hour came back and said --"we cant fix it" ---i stopped paying so now i have a $200 gig on my credit report from verizon--- did they know it was a bad product ???? of course they knew!!!!! so i am totally done doing any business with verizon coverage ----- yes very good -------- service criminal !!!!!!!!!!!

J O N N Y B O B Auburn, NY

Verizon has the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any company in my life. They put profits ahead of nearly everything and make it impossible for you to leave their company if you are trying to switch. Verizon has cost my family tens of thousand over the years and after being with them for so long it hurts feeling like I have been taking advantage of. Customers are clearly not valued here given my awful experiences with their customer service. It may sound good on paper, but after all is said and done you will be wishing you never chose to use their products and or services. Verizon has always marketed itself as the best with the best coverage, but with today's technological improvements there are so many other great options that are better priced than Verizon. Please use Verizon as a last resort.

GilbertPapa Gilbert, AZ

Unlimited family plans provide good value. The constant introduction of "new & improved" plans makes it hard to know if a different plan is more advantageous.

Gallardo Marcelo Houston, TX

I've NEVER had an issue with Verizon. I always have signal and can reach family easily. Even in the hospital, Verizon signal would reach where the others could not.

Emmalie Norwalk, CA

I have been a Verizon Customer for quite a few years, they have always been trustworthy and reliable, especially when I've gone up to the mountains my signal is fairly strong. They are always kind and helpful.

Joy Kersey Long Beach, CA

Ive been with them for many many many years. As long as they are faithful to provide me with the same value as their new customers, I will stay with them. So far, they haven't disappointed me.

Sally Salem, OR

Their customer support chat the worse. First you explain why yr calling and they give you a site to go to that doesn't help or the computer asks you to repeat question or add more info. when you ask for a real person they give you another robot. You can't get a decent answer for your problem. I gave up after 20+ calls w/o solving anything. Their customer service # is not 24/7 and they are not trained. I get so frustrated I try not to call them since it is a big waste of my time. I only keep them because i live in country and they are only cell service that works.

certi2de Lexington, KY

Verizon is a solid cell service provider in terms of service area and price, but one area that seems to be lacking in their online/telephone customer service. You often have to jump through hoops to speak to someone via phone about Anything other than payments.

OwenE. Hattiesburg, MS

While we had good cellular service with Verizon, I felt that their prices were simply unreasonable. Customer service was also not the best. Our rates continued to increase without reason and we could not find answers to our questions

Danny Feeback Cynthiana, KY

I have had a good experience with Verizon. When traveling through the mountains, I sometimes lose service but other than that I have been very satisfied with their service.

B. Scott Layton, UT

Verizon has always been and will continue to be the cell service carrier for myself and my family. We get impeccable customer service and even more important spot in cell service and coverage.

Kaysha Love Las Vegas, NV

This company will forever be the top of the food chain. They always have the best phones on the market along with the most cell phone towers in the country.

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

Great customer service help! I do feel like Verizon is a bit more expensive than all the other carriers but I also seem to have broader coverage than many of the other counterparts.

Diana Bassham

We've always had good coverage. Very expensive. When we purchased the phone out in the Verizon store we did not know it was not a true Verizon store so when we wanted to use the warranty it did not work.

Bailey Wilson Lubbock, TX

Very expensive but has great coverage. My mom lives where there is no cell signal and this is they only company she can go with because none of the others have cell towers near her area.

Farz Dayton, OH

Tried to make online purchase after entering everything the contract would not load so chatted with several agent decided to delete everything and redo. After several attempt it went through. I was frustrated and forgot to choose color. At store realized and was told they cannot do anything it is an online purchase, came home called everyone had no one could look at my order since I was never asked to create username and password more than ten people did not know what to do they were sending me authorization code but could not use it, some said try to register your phone and I found it is locked now. Now they were all saying you have to go to the store to unlock so far all information was wrong. Next day decided to call on the way to the store 30 min away god lucky he know how to unlock the account. talked to several agent all saying you need to go to the store to change the phone. Since the store was not helpful at all I needed know exactly what to do before going there. Finally there was very nice lady she said who cared and said any authorized store should do the exchange when I pointed they they will not have the color for both phones she helped me find a store with several units of both and called them. I was so happy. The 4th day I drove 70 to this they told me they cannot do it the system is showing I need 1500 down payment and I need to drive 90 min the the other store that would not even talk to me to fix the issue. I thought ok I will call they will probably fix the issue first call told me an online purchase needs to be taken to other store to be recorded and wait til they are shipped to that store. When I asked to talk to customer loyalty he said I will transfer you and hang up here goes 30 min wait. By this time I gave up seeing everyone is saying the solution is that you leave us and figure it out on your own. So I said OK I will return these phones here and ask the online people to help me. The store said we will try, and after few minutes told me no it cannot be done my only option is to close the account. At the same time I wa on hold with customer loyalty or worry free returns for 40 min. After the return was done finally someone picked up the phone. When I explained my situation he said sorry it didn't work out. So this is the number one wireless company. There is no customer service no one will help you or care, is there a complaint department he said no I am the complaint department. I said at least make a note to the management that if your agent do not make percentage of customer they do not care to even talk to you. I mean how hard is it for the store to call the online to resolve the their mistake. They just say if I don't make few hundred off of this guy just send him to the next guy, or how hard is it to put managers that know how to resolve issues and ask the employees if you don't know how to help direct them to the right source and ask your supervisor who probably don't know because I asked and they did the same if it was online they would say go to the store if it was store they would say go to the online or other store. I hope this will at least help someone, because I do not think it will help Verizon.

Paula Yucca Valley, CA

Their reception has been outstanding in Michigan, Florida and now in the high desert of California. da and now in the high desert of California. Never da, an

John Floyd Florence, SC

visited local Verizon office to get Verizon cell phone repaired. Unscrupulous salesman told me my phone was out of date an not able to update. Was told a new phone(s) and a new plan would cost less than my current plan and outdated plan, all lies. When I got my next bill it was twice what I was currently paying. I went back to the Verizon office to complain, the salesman went in the rear of the office and would not come out to talk with me, I was told I would have to call the Verizon reg. office. Got little help but finally was able to return the new phones and reinstate the plan I had. My plans were always paid by bank draft, never late. With out notifying me with out any explanation, Verizon turned the month of the charges they were to remove for the salesman's overcharges for the 1 month of excess charges to a credit collection agency, again there was never any explanation for the charge for the one month even though Verizon bank drafted for that month what I had been paying, Verizon never missed a payment. I paid the credit collection agency, I called them and HQ of Verizon numerous times to no avail, no one cared. Be aware that if you get an unscrupulous salesman, Verizon will not listen or do anything to help you and does not care if they harm your credit record. Go to another cell phone carrier.

Jim Casa Grande, AZ

May 12-purchased BOGO (Mothers Day… May 12-purchased BOGO (Mothers Day Special) phones at Verizon. Here was the deal advertised: Verizon is currently offering a BOGO sale on its best mainstream phones, from the iPhone 8 to the Galaxy S9. And the best part is that no trade-in is required. For Apple fans, buy an iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X and get $699 off toward the purchase of a second iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X. Pricier phones like the $999 iPhone X will get a $699 discount, which still amounts to an impressive price cut. In each case, the discount is provided as a bill credit which covers the cost of the device over the span of 24 months. That means the discount doesn't apply to upfront, one-time purchases. The discount is applicable to new and current users and requires a new line of service. We have been Verizon customers for over 12 years. We purchased 2 IPhone X's. We made it clear that there was just the two of us and a third line was not an option. We were told no problem about the new line we will change the number of one of your existing phones and that will give us the new line. We agreed on a payment of 115.00 per month. As it turns out Verizon did not honor that agreement, rather initially charged us for 2 new phones plus a third line (our old number), $436.00. We went in to store in late May to let them know we could not afford phones with out BOGO—they said give us some time and we will work it out After several trips to the Verizon store.we finally got the old line removed. Went online in early June to see if I could work out bill problem (436.00) They said no, I would have to go into store—I did immediately. Once again-We will work it out. Sent me news my Bill would be only 336.00 a month-went in again offered to give back phones, restated we could not pay this amount. We were told they could get our Bill down to 115.00-we agreed to that. Received Bill for 155.00 called again. I was told they were meeting with District Manager and they would call me back—no call following day I called and they told me the District Manager refused to make any concessions and furthermore we were to late to return phones. Even though we had attempted to do so 3 other times, when it seemed they could not straighten out the problem. Bottom line: we were placed on a plan BOGO that we were not eligible for and told we were. The two employees in the store admitted that they were wrong to put us on that program however refused to make it right. Many hours on phone and in store has gotten us nowhere. We wondered if they were simply taking advantage of a Senior and Veteran or if the people we dealt with just didn't care. After multiple visits to store and several calls to customer service, it became clear that the store employees and District Manager could care less about working this out with us. So we are no longer with Verizon. Very disappointing. The good news is we switched to T-Mobile and we are enjoying great service, great coverage and great customer service.

Larson Riverton, UT

I’ve been with Verizon for years and they have taken care of my company. They help me find ways to save on various plans. Overall it’s been a good experience and I would recommend them.

Dawn Butternut, WI

I like Verizon, the only thing is I don't get very good reception at my home. But we do live out in the sticks, so I do understand that. All in all Verizon has been pretty good to us!

Amy Laguna Beach, CA

the phone service is fine. Billing is impossible. You cannot get any satisfaction from calling them and they are a phone company! They need to get there act together on billing and payments. My hysband and I have both had this problem and it is not resolved.

Ann Rushton Morris Laurel, MS

I like the options of how to buy a phone and have it replaced with up to date new one although it is very expensive to have a new phone it is affordable to most people paid by the month.

Sean G Simi Valley, CA

Great coverage, few dropped calls on my end. Would like better coverage up in the Sierras, but that's why we go there in the first place. Insurance replacements have been minimal effort. Customer service has been friendly.

Molly Quesnell

We've been with Verizon for about 12 yrs now and have had no reason to switch. Never any issues with service and have always had coverage wherever we've went.

Jon Bixler

I have been a Verizon customer for all of my cellular devices since day 1. Companies I have worked for have used T-Mobile and Sprint with very limit services.

Andrew Bauer Akron, OH

I have had Verizon since we had a boat and bagphone. I am up to $300 per month for three lines. Insurance (which is joke) of $11 per month per phone is/was included! I am finally in a position to escape the two-year contracts on each line that they DON’T have. Every time you make an adjustment, two years! Yes, they have good locations for their towers but we are gone! DONT DO IT! READ THE REVIEWS AND BELIEVE! I recently got rid of the landline, cell phone was broke, had insurance and needed them. Nope. After jumping through all the hoops (many as I am now an IPhone 7 repairman), politely at first, I only needed to wait a week for a replacement! THANKS!

Hannah Francis Provo, UT

AT&T has been very good to myself and my family. When I needed a phone they were the only company who was willing to work with me and create a contact that worked.

Sue

Coverage is broad, service is reliable. Both are giant pluses here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. In-store customer service is great, but I don't like having to try to do anything online.

Layne Magna, UT

I've been a customer for several years but recently switched to the unlimited plan. I started out on the $50 plan but downgraded to the $40 plan. Since I switched, I have problems connecting to the internet. Not happy about that.

Jess West Palm Beach, FL

They do not treat existing customers as well as they treat others they want to make customers. Their offers to gain new customers are always better then to existing, they dont recognize loyalty. It is as if, we are the biggest, we don't have to try harder

Melissa Bennett Lambson

We have been with Verizon for 10 years. They have the best coverage, customer service is quite attentive and they have knowledgeable employees in their stores. I wish the monthly plans were a little less expensive, however.

Ava Rasmussen South Jordan, UT

I always have the best cell service out of any of my other friends that use different cell service providers. They ask to use my phone when we are in remote places.

David Plummer

Great service and coverage. Pricing is a bit high, but the reliability of the network compensates for that extra expense. Obviously, the rates could be a bit lower and customers would be happier.

JennyChaco

Verizon has the best coverage and price I've researched. I've never had a problem in the 5 years of using them.And they don't bombard me with emails or ads.

Lorry Sorgman,EA,MST,USTCP Newton Center, MA

Always willing to assist in arriving at the best service. Improvement in the area for on hold and transfer. People should be adequately cross trained and informed.

Annie Lafayette, LA

I like the veterans discount and of course, a lower bill would be nice but overall Verizon is by far my favorite cell provider and I have had Sprint, T-mobile and AT&T.

Irene S

I am very pleased with the company I have. They have always been very helpful to me when I need them. They are also very polite and take time to explain things to me.

Jeff Daves

I love their customer service is a very knowledgeable of the products and the services that they have I would recommend them to anybody who does not have Verizon or any kind of cell phone service

Lawrence Foster Scottsdale, AZ

Best cell coverage in the nation. Great service and products, love the NFL connection. But, you pay dearly for this great product and service. they are very expensive.

Melvin & Valli Saucer Grand Bay, AL

In the beginning, they were not true keeping their advertizing promises. They naturally had a reason to explain it, but I didn't bite into that worm of lies and complained until they made things right. I am not a fan of Verizon but since that initial altercation they have been good to us like they should be.

Anonymous Rossville, GA

Great service, low cost, great customer service. Always ready to solve any problems you have. Walk in stores have great workers with knowledge of your equipment.

Fernando Delgado Tempe, AZ

I love the coverage that this company provides but I hate the restrictions of how much data me and my family can share. If I wanted to upgrade to get more, it costs an arm and a leg. I would love to continue my service with this company but finances said no.

Karen S Priest Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been with Verizon for a very long time mostly because of there coverage. I never have dropped calls or dead spots. They are pricey and their packages are confusing along with their billing system.

Jay Sussdorff Plattsburgh, NY

Satisfied but not ecstatic. I would like to downgrade to a simpler phone, but it's almost impossible. Hate the dozen nuisance/solicitation calls every day. Stop sharing my info!