Best Company Guarantee Verizon Logo

Verizon

9.0

t blair Phoenix, AZ

The cell service is good, with good coverage. When I'm out of the country the global coverage is really confusing so I don't use it unless it's absolutely necessary or I'm it on wi-fi. I've been a long-standing customer and I just feel like they should give some sort of 'discount' on a new phone or a service plan or something to acknowledge long-time customers. So while that has nothing to do with the quality of service, it just makes me feel like they are average. Phone costs are insane (I'm sure it's price fixed) so how about a special promo now and again, one with no strings attached!? And STOP trying to sell me an iPhone. The sales guy pushed and pushed for me to get an iPhone. I don't care if your grandparents have one - I DON'T want one! He was sooo annoying and wanted me to tell him why I don't want one. I don't owe anyone an explanation and at that point, I left and bought a phone through Google! Seriously, train the salespeople properly!

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

My wife and I have a difference of opinions on Verizon. My wife wanted to make the switch due to the fact that she could not get service in her building and with Verizon she could. I go all over the state at times with my job and there are times that I don't have service in places that I did have in places with my previous provider. We have had no issue's with customer service and we have had to call them more than I would like to say. We have had to replace phones, change plans and add and subtract lines with no problems at all.

Diana Armes Wallace Batesville, AR

We have been customers of Verizon for more than 12 years. Until this past year, my husband was a truck driver and Verizon is the company that has the best phone service throughout the US. Now that he’s retired, we will keep Verizon because of their dependability.

Jean Durbin Litchfield, IL

The reception where I live is great, but we are currently in another state and the reception is horrible. Usually, 0-1 bar on a good day & forget anything once you go in a building. The first time I spoke with customer service, the agent was very understanding & opened a ticket for the Technical Engineer Dept to check into the issue. After I responded to a general text asking where I was having reception issues, the ticket was closed without any response from the company regarding the resolution. I called a 2nd time & again, the agent was very helpful & understanding. He could not find the original ticket & opened a new one. He also searched for a nearby 4G Verizon tower & found that there was one about 5 miles away. We are in an area that is mostly small towns of about 1-5k people, and only 30 miles from 2 major cities. With those demographics, one would think the reception would be better. A couple of days later I received a message from Verizon with a generic video answer attached, basically stating that they could not do anything to boost the signal in this area & perhaps I should buy a wifi booster (how does that help me outside or anyplace that is not by the booster?). Was nice to talk to a live agent, but that was the end of the human contact. Too bad! Too bad we're stuck with Verizon until our phones are paid off, or I'd switch companies now that had humans responding and actually tried to resolve the issue.

William Koryciak Clarkston, MI

I’ve always liked the service and the selection. Shuffle years ago I was at the Statue of Liberty in New York, when the Park service began evacuating us from the island. Everybody was beating their telephones trying to get them to work! I picked up my Verizon flip phone, and saw that I had five bars, so I called my aunt and Clint Michigan and asked her what was going on. Well it appeared at that point in time that most of the eastern seaboard was blacked out and Verizon was the only satyrs company that was operational at that time!

Angela Ward Chicago, IL

Outstanding customer service. Patient, knowledgeable and tolerant for those of us who are not tech savvy. The Sales Rep stayed with me until the very end, to make sure that my transaction for an phone upgrade, and the the purchase was completed. Although there was a "systems glitch", the Agent knew how to over ride it so that our transaction would be completed with success. She never gave up. Verizon's customer service is the best!

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I've been a Verizon account holder for my cell phone for almost 10 years now. I am on a family plan that has unlimited data, talking & texting. I love the customer service at retail stores in my area here in Utah. They are very helpful & knowledgeable in their dealings with me, the account holder. My daughters phone was not working properly and when we took it into the retail store, they explained some options & have the best thing for me to do with my daughters phone. After sending the phone in because of the Verizon protection service I have, I received a new refurbished phone with in 48 hours.

Iraida Alicea Marietta, GA

Great service, you pay for what you get. Customer service calls have long waits, and are stressful to deal with, but you rarely have to call.

Mary Davis Port Orange, FL

Lousy coverage. Countless dropped calls. Horrific customer service. SUPER-HIGH prices. After decades of spending over $1800 a month for our corporate account, we are DONE and switching. Verizon couldn't care less about their customers.

MNO O Lawrenceville, GA

They have the best coverage and the only coverage where we live. I just wish it were better and the prices weren’t so outrageous for internet.

Samf Tampa, FL

Switched from Sprint to Verizon In Florida and have 5g service. I am very happy with the coverage and service.

Stacy Carter Red Cliff, CO

I've had great experience with Verizon. They seem to be one of the few companies left that has their customer service in the USA.

Tammy Koch St Louis, MO

I've had a family account with them for a long time (10+ years). Service has always been fairly reliable. Just wish they honored the long time customers like they do new

Tristan Ashmore Denver, CO

I have been with Verizon wireless for over a decade or close to it. All this company sees is money and they train their employees to do so. It is a corporate hivemind based on money, money and more money. Yes, they offer fairly great coverage and all of the phone options BUT if you ever slip up or go through a rough patch in life, they won't work with you, AT ALL. I am a well compensated individual for the work that I perform but it takes awhile to turn around and find the right positions for my level and above. Yes, I hear those that say be more financially responsible and all that but even at the corporate level, they get bailed out by the public constantly. I will be paying off my small past due amounts immediately and leaving Verizon quickly. As consumers, we will vote with our dollar and I intend to do so. Their CEO has a record of being bought and inputting the businesses capital in the wrong places for the generation currently moving into leadership throughput the world. Verizon should be broken up and broken down for the power they hold and I have never been more disturbed by such a stronghold on their love and greed for money. They are showing us their cards pretty quickly and they don't deserve my business and my future business. To the employees, this is not directed at you but you also probably already know as well. Considering I wasn't speaking to someone in my own country (not an issue) it may show that they already are jumping ship. Sad...

harry vince Lahore, PB

It's one of the best mobile company in the USA . Its Features are amazing. very easy to use. I am using it for a very long time.It's highly recommended

Farhad A Clarksburg, MD

At&t and tmobile were much better for: Responsive customer service No ghost charges Lower cost Better or at least same quality service (switched to V expected better coverage, but truly weaker than tmobile and att) Too high cost to leave due to that 2year contract Faught them literally for 4 to 6 hours multiple follow up and repeat calls .. to get some unknown charges reverted After that drama got over, learned they reported a crazy amount overdue to Collections and even to Experian that badly affected my credit. Wasted another hour on the phone to hear their stupid apologies and promise to have their managers fix... Have auto pay On and no pending payments. And, fortunately, have never used Verizon before. Unsure how could they come up with that overdue amount of 1K+ that was times more than my monthly bills... Reported that false claim.... However, the company is far more reckless and worse quality service and support....expected.

Roger Lawry Ojai, CA

Verizon Wireless has probably what I would consider the worst customer service I have ever encountered. After using them for our wireless service for many years we decided that with Covid-19 and staying home using our wifi, we decided to cancel our account and switch to another provider who offered a far less expensive plan using less data. We cancelled our Verizon account and were assured by Verizon customer service that our account was cancelled. Then promptly we continued to receive bills from Verizon for a service that we had cancelled and no longer used. After several calls to customer service we were assured that our account had been cancelled and the bills we had received would be reversed. After this we continued to be notified by Verizon for new billing cycles and when we tried to contact them we could not reach them as we had no account there and could not receive service if we had no account. In no instance were we contacted by Verizon to correct this situation. Finally, after 5 months subsequent to cancelling our account we received a notice from Verizon that our account was delinquent and we were turned over to a collection agency, who contacted us. We explained the situation to them and were assured the charges would be reversed and the bills would stop coming. Then we received a credit report that showed delinquent payments and a reduction of our credit score from 829 to 699. Accordingly, we contacted the 3 credit reporting agencies to dispute the delinquent score and also contacted Verizon, who said they "did their due diligence to correct the wrongful billing" but they made no attempt to rescind the incorrect credit score issue. We have never had this situation in over 35 years of making payments on services and had almost a perfect credit score that reflects our constant diligence in making on time payments. Now we are being wrongly accused of not making payments on a service that we had cancelled months before. Verizon has to be the most inept, incompetent, uncommunicative, uncaring company with whom we have dealt, worse even than cable companies. I would avoid using them at all costs. I only wish I could give them zero stars.

Chris Bright Tempe, AZ

Great service overall, albeit a bit pricey, I think you have to pay a little extra for excellent service. I wish they offered existing customers free phones like they do new customers. Loyalty should count for something.

Rob Levy Santa Monica, CA

Verizon recommended a Samsung phone to me as a new phone. Sales person told me amazing things about it. After using the phone for less than 6 months, it started acting up. It would call the wrong person when tapping the name in contacts. Call merge didn't work if the person didn't pick up. Verizon wouldn't switch the phone out and said it was my responsibility to do the research on the phone not the sales person. Impossible to do research on a new phone and they pushed it to me. Samsung didn't warranty either. Match made in heaven.

Fred Frontino Mesa, AZ

I had Verizon for over 15 years because they always had the best signal. last year I bought a house just north of Phoenix and could not get any kind of call through. Texts made it sometimes, but not always. When I talked to the local store they had no idea if they were going to be adding towers in our area. I had to switch to ATT who just built a tower I can see from my front porch. Now I get 5G.

Toni Montuori

Typical big box cell carrier. Complicated and hard to understand billing charges and never ending taxes. The coverage was iffy in my area a year later the company changed my area from 4G to 3 G and I subsequently lost all coverage. These companies are quick to remind us that “we” are in a contract with them but in this case the tables were turned and I had to remind “them’ that they had entered a contract with ME and that was to provide me with cell service…which was no gone. After some haggling I was provided with a no charge micro cell tower to regain service but I did not appreciate the complications.

Crystal F Conneaut, OH

I have a love/hate relationship with Verizon. I feel trapped to stay with them. They defiantly have the best cell reception , at least for our area, but I feel they take advantage of this with their pricing. Their website is not user friendly, any “perks” are very well hidden so you rarely know they are there. But again, feel trapped to stay because of reception issues in my area

Olivia Russell Georgetown, SC

For the most part, it has good service. The website is a bit confusing but the biggest issue: ever since I switched to Verizon the spam calls tripled. Unfortunately, they have better coverage in the remote areas I travel to, so I put up with the spam. ( not even their spam stopper makes a difference). Otherwise, I would go with the cheaper competition.

Sarah Risley Natchitoches, LA

Crappy customer service. No one can ever fix your problem. Their service is never any good especially internet. I have blocked a number on my line and it can still call and text me. so that feature i pay for and it doesnt work. I also had the insurance on my phone i pay for it extra every month so if my phone break i dont have to work out all that money for a new one. They advertise it as you can get your screen fixed anywhere at no cost if your have the insurance. and that they can come to your house and do it !! 100% a lie ..i had to pay over 200.00 for a new phone after i pay all this money on insurance. Not to mention i bought my phone brad new and i had to send my broken phone in to get fixed and instead of sending me a brand new phone like i had originally purchased less than 6 months prior they sent a used phone

Roseann Goodale Jacksonville, FL

Service used to be the best everywhere however here lately it does not seem to be very good not sure why and customer service can't advise. Just want me to upgrade . My husband has the top of the line phone and has the same issue.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

Currently have Verizon as a phone carrier. They are great, a little pricier, but good coverage. If you go anywhere outside the US they will get you with their outrageous fees ($10 bucks a day to use cell service). My sister has a different carrier and foreign travel is included in her phone bill and the bill is still significantly less than mine.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

They have great coverage but there customer service lacks. Pricing is premium given the coverage.

Kathy Vinski Cape Coral, FL

Love my service, very rarely do I have service issues. There offers for phones however are not the best most of the time. I have had Verizon for over ten years. I would like to see better phone offers on new phones for upgrades

Michelle Thomason Daphne, AL

We’ve had Verizon for several years, after not getting good reception at our home from a previous provider. When our service was spotty, they offered to put a booster on our home which helped a lot. They have always been very responsive and good to work with.

COLLEEN STARKE Lithonia, GA

VERIZON WIRELESS HAS ALWAYS BEEN DEPENDABLE FOR ME. I CAN COUNT ON THEM TO SOLVE MY PHONE PROBLEMS WHEN THEY ARISE AND OF COURSE I GET THE BEST SERVICE THROUGH VERIZON. I DO HAVE OTHER CELL PHONE CARRIERS AND MY VERIZON HARDLY EVER GIVES ME BAD SERVICE NO MATTER WHERE I AM.

K.H. Tehachapi, CA

Verizon seems to have the best service where we live. However, over the last couple of years we have started losing service and getting dropped calls in places we never used to. I wish that Verizon, (for the amount we pay each month), would figure out how to increase their service to their customers. We need fewer dead spots, dropped calls and lower prices. Overall Verizon is still the best wireless service out there.

Cruz Jimenez San Antonio, TX

I am always late paying my bill and have never had my service disconnected. I completely understand the multiple messages they send me that my payment is late. Coverage is fantastic on the many long stretches of open highway in Texas.

Amanda Stephan Knoxville, TN

Service can be spotty at times, as service with other carriers can be. But any time I have had an issue, I have found customer support/IT staff to be very patient, helpful, and downright pleasant to deal with. Be aware of contract shadiness. If you have the original unlimited plan, the company will try to trick you into "upgrading" which will land you with an "unlimited" plan that is not truly unlimited.

Razel Levine Puyallup, WA

This review is in praise of the employee, Christian, who helped me at the Verizon store in Sumner, WA on August 27th. He was cheerful, polite, and very knowledgeable. He quickly and easily fixed my Moto phone problem, which I very much appreciated. Update: needed to get phone looked at again on August 28th, and different employees insisted I wear a mask (which is unhealthy for me). I told them I couldn't, and they said they wouldn't help me, company orders. I left.

Wayne Allen Yerington, NV

Good quality service, but when renewing my service with a replacement phone and adding a third phone to my account. I decided to take the UNLIMITED program for service. Guess what it is not unlimited for anything other than talking on the phone. Everything else has caps that are lower than everyone else. And when going into one of their "stores" their excuse is that they can't any phone service, program changes, or anything else because they are just a sales location. You have to go to a "company" store to rectify anything. I returned my phone and changed to T-Mobile. Better programs at cheaper prices and much nicer people. Good buy, good riddance Verizon!

Karen Jorgensen Washington, UT

We've had Verizon for over 10 years now and they have always been very helpful and knowledgeable and reliable. We can have a team member help us in person at any time, upgrade our phones, give us info on new phone, pros and cons, and help us get the most for our money. I appreciate that they are considerate of the fact that we work hard for our money and don't want to waste it. We are never without service and it's a comfort knowing we will have service no matter where we go.

Mr. E Cheshire, CT

Verizon, what a love-hate relationship that was. I chose Verizon primarily for the same reason everyone else does; Coverage. They do have the best network, but the gap is closing. Recently, I think they’ve recognized that the competition is catching up in terms of coverage and this has forced Verizon to be more competitive in their offerings, which is always good news for the customer. During the time I had Verizon, I also had Metro PCS (which uses T-Mobile’s network. My Metro plan was $25 a month, so it was worth the convenience of having 2 phones). In the beginning, the differences were night and day. My Verizon phone would get service in many more areas than my Metro PCS phone would. But after 2 years, that changed, DRASTICALLY. T-Mobile’s service has improved so much to the point where the differences were negligible (and this was traveling in the Northeast as well as Colorado, New Mexico, Florida and Puerto Rico. In Florida and New Mexico, my MetroPCS service was actually better). Although, the Verizon phone service was still outperforming my MetroPCS overall, the difference in service wasn’t enough to justify the cost. I noticed that the times that the Verizon phone did work where my Metro phone did not, it was mostly on 3G or 1x, so the call quality wasn’t what you’d expect in 2019. The straw that broke the camel’s back was when I tried to upgrade my Verizon phone at Best Buy. They were having a deal on iPhones that would’ve saved me $150. There was a restriction or glitch having to do with my Apple Watch being paired to my existing iPhone that prevented me from doing the upgrade at Best Buy. The computer at Best Buy said I had to go to Verizon to do the upgrade. Verizon stores aren’t known for offering good deals on anything, and when they do, there’s always the catch that the discount is applied over the course of 2 years instead of at the point of sale. This was a problem for me because I normally pay off my phones in the first 2-3 months so I don’t have to pay for the phone AND my service. It’s easier for me to just bite the bullet and pay for the entire phone asap and pay a much smaller phone bill moving forward. I also didn’t like the fact that when you get a phone at Verizon, whatever you pay towards the cost of the phone needs to be paid up front or you have to pay for the entire thing in one lump sum. For example, I got an iPhone XS Max at Verizon in October. Total price was approximately $1,250. I put down $800 at the onset which reduced my balance on the phone. But Verizon wouldn’t accept partial payments on the phone beyond the minimum amount unless I was paying the whole thing off. I planned to pay it off in $150 installments every month until the remainder was paid, but since they wouldn’t accept that, I had to pay them the remaining $450 in one lump sum. It’s all a ploy to keep you on the hook and that’s what I didn’t like. Besides that, the international rates are ridiculous and the data throttling limits are too low (22GB vs 35GB with MetroPCS and 50GB with T-Mobile). I can see why Verizon got away with this back in the day. Back then, they were the only game in town in many regions. That’s no longer the case and that’s why I left. They need to ease up with the restrictive policies.

Whitney Stanko Smithfield, UT

I absolutely love Verizon! Great coverage everywhere I went. Never had a problem with my phone service. Whenever I went in they were always willing to help me as much as they could without my mothers pin to access account. Sad when I had to switch carriers because my self was broke and I had to find something cheaper that only I could afford when not being on a family plan.

Miguel Figueroa Provo, UT

Can be more expensive than some of the competitors, but in my opinion, you get what you pay for. I’ve had my service go out twice, once in the middle of nowhere in a hike and again in drive between Cali and Utah. I’ve done that drive several times since then and haven’t lost service again. Great speeds everywhere we go, which is are the two things that matter to me as I travel with my wife. You should never have to worry about your cellphone service, and that’s what I get with Verizon.

Diana vaiano West Babylon, NY

Well I like Verzion been with them a very long time today I called to apply for 55 older discount which they said I was approved then I get an email stating that 55 older is only applied in other regions than NY well I hit the ceiling finally spoke to manger he said the same thing but he was able to lower my plan by switching my plan so my bill was reduced by $30 so therefore I’m still a happy customer I was almost ready to change carriers but now I’m happy again thx Dianav

IDA MCDAVITT FRESSILLI

I switched to Verizon mainly for the coverage. I am in real estate, so I need to know that I have a reliable phone. Customer service has always been helpful. We also have our internet service with Verizon. We have unlimited service, but once a certain amount is used, we go into slow mode. When that happens, I try to do most of my internet work during non prime times. We are fortunate to have a Verizon store close to where we live. They are always helpful.

Anne Kimball Salt Lake City, UT

Their cell service is almost always available when others aren't. They are just unbeatable in that regard. They are a little on the pricier end as far as cell phone companies go, but the reception is superior in my experience. I had to cancel my service because I was switching on to my husband's family plan, and when I cancelled it was actually super easy. I waited until I had paid off my phone and then they didn't charge me anything to cancel.

Bruce Fischler Pompano Beach, FL

I was with Nextel/Sprint almost 30 years. Enough. I went to the Verizon store in Pompano Beach Florida and spent quality time with Will. I traded in 2 Note 5s and got a S9 and S9+. Everything is perfect. I even had the pleasure of speaking to a tower 2 rep who got everything explained to me. Nothing but codis to all. Great phones. Great service (unlike my previous carrier), and the store around the corner. Go Verizon.

Jacinda E Sandy, UT

Switched from AT&T to Verizon just a couple of months ago. The transition was simple and customer service was very helpful with keeping my old phone number and getting all of my contacts into the new phone. So far the service has been really good. I live in Utah and I go to lots of remote places in the mountains. Most of the time I get cell service. So far I have liked the switch.

SSawyer New Haven, CT

I've been with Verizon for what seems like forever, primarily because their coverage is the best. Rarely ever have a dropped call or problems connecting over their network along the entire eastern seaboard. My only complaint is that in the past they didn't give rollover minutes and their plans were very expensive compared to other companies. Recently they started offering their Edge program with unlimited texts and unlimited messages for roughly the same pricing so they are learning how to keep customers happy. Don't like that the loyalty program has basically disappeared. You used to receive a large credit towards the purchase of a new phone every two years. They will still give you a credit but now they have added a fee when you activate a new phone which offsets the credit. They also have stopped giving corporate discounts to all accessories. I bought a mophie case for $75 with my discount for my Samsung III but when I went to buy the case for my Samsung IV I had to pay the full price of $100. They can nickel and dime you on certain things. I was very disappointed in the fact that I was paying about $8 a month for insurance on my Samsung III and when it died after about two years (so I paid almost $200 for insurance over that time) I was told the insurance was with a third party and I had a $100 deductible (making my ultimate cost for a refurb replacement $300). Was not happy at all and find this very deceptive. Ended up having to buy the new Samsung V for about $250 which the edge plan lets you pay for over 24 months.

Colin North Fork, CA

Get good service in the area I live in. They give rewards for paying my bill each month which is a plus

Lynne Wilson ,

I have used Verizon for well over 20 years, even before they were Verizon. The service provided has been reliable and they offer many extra things that other providers charge extra for. They have notified me when there is a plan that would better fit my usage or if there is a plan that can save me money. With the web site, it's so easy to check on anything you need from getting more services, a new phone or just check on your bill and pay it.

verymeticulousborrower ,

I have Verizon Wireless and i've had them for quite some time now. They are by far the most affordable, reliable, and their customer service is impeccable. They have alway worked with me whenever I was late and their customer service is super easy to work with. They have superior products w/ trending Apple and Samsung phones available. I would definitely recommend them above the rest. They cant compare.

N Goshagi Ellicott City, MD

Service is really good… but it is pricey and they are not giving promotion to their costumes as often as other providers

Mhyrynde Noa Troy, NY

Every time I've used Verizon, I have found them to be deceptive. The bill is always way higher than what they say it will be, they have THE WORST customer service on planet Earth and they disappoint in every way possible.