Verizon Logo

Verizon

6.2

Jean Durbin Litchfield, IL

The reception where I live is great, but we are currently in another state and the reception is horrible. Usually, 0-1 bar on a good day & forget anything once you go in a building. The first time I spoke with customer service, the agent was very understanding & opened a ticket for the Technical Engineer Dept to check into the issue. After I responded to a general text asking where I was having reception issues, the ticket was closed without any response from the company regarding the resolution. I called a 2nd time & again, the agent was very helpful & understanding. He could not find the original ticket & opened a new one. He also searched for a nearby 4G Verizon tower & found that there was one about 5 miles away. We are in an area that is mostly small towns of about 1-5k people, and only 30 miles from 2 major cities. With those demographics, one would think the reception would be better. A couple of days later I received a message from Verizon with a generic video answer attached, basically stating that they could not do anything to boost the signal in this area & perhaps I should buy a wifi booster (how does that help me outside or anyplace that is not by the booster?). Was nice to talk to a live agent, but that was the end of the human contact. Too bad! Too bad we're stuck with Verizon until our phones are paid off, or I'd switch companies now that had humans responding and actually tried to resolve the issue.

William Koryciak Clarkston, MI

I’ve always liked the service and the selection. Shuffle years ago I was at the Statue of Liberty in New York, when the Park service began evacuating us from the island. Everybody was beating their telephones trying to get them to work! I picked up my Verizon flip phone, and saw that I had five bars, so I called my aunt and Clint Michigan and asked her what was going on. Well it appeared at that point in time that most of the eastern seaboard was blacked out and Verizon was the only satyrs company that was operational at that time!

Angela Ward Chicago, IL

Outstanding customer service. Patient, knowledgeable and tolerant for those of us who are not tech savvy. The Sales Rep stayed with me until the very end, to make sure that my transaction for an phone upgrade, and the the purchase was completed. Although there was a "systems glitch", the Agent knew how to over ride it so that our transaction would be completed with success. She never gave up. Verizon's customer service is the best!

Lynne Wilson ,

I have used Verizon for well over 20 years, even before they were Verizon. The service provided has been reliable and they offer many extra things that other providers charge extra for. They have notified me when there is a plan that would better fit my usage or if there is a plan that can save me money. With the web site, it's so easy to check on anything you need from getting more services, a new phone or just check on your bill and pay it.

verymeticulousborrower ,

I have Verizon Wireless and i've had them for quite some time now. They are by far the most affordable, reliable, and their customer service is impeccable. They have alway worked with me whenever I was late and their customer service is super easy to work with. They have superior products w/ trending Apple and Samsung phones available. I would definitely recommend them above the rest. They cant compare.

Luis McKinney, TX

I have been with Verizon for over 14 years. The service is outstanding and I am able to use my phone in Canada or Mexico at no extra charge with my plan. The coverage is unbelievable and have received service when others with competitors have failed to get any reception. I got my daughter a phone with a competitor and I was sold on Verizon the coverage proved to be superb.

Norma Grove Iowa City, IA

We have been customers if Verizon for quite some time now after trying several other competitors. Our main reason for switching to Verizon was for coverage . My family resides in a rural area of our state and with the previous companies I never had service when I visited there. Verizon not only has provided good reliable service but when we travel with family who has other cell service, we often times are the only ones with coverage in some remote areas such as mountains, deserts, and rural areas. That alone is a reason to be loyal to them. Their price is a bit more than other companies but as the saying goes, “You get what you pay for!” Their customer service has been cooperative and friendly.

Jennifer McTague Chatsworth, CA

They are only best cell phone call phone service company it there as far as I'm concerned. Amazing customer service, the best coverage and affordable plans that can be tailored just for you. In my family, we have one bill for my husband's cell, mine and my son's cell, with unlimited data and text messaging. Very convenient and affordable. I'm proud to be a super happy and satisfied customer for close to 20 years!

Mark E Hackensack, NJ

I have had no problems with service either in my home (friends with other providers have had dead spots) or on the road. we travel both domestically and internationally, and it is generally seamless. However, there is a $10/day fee to carry your number to other countries. This service is important to me since I run my own business, but the cost is way too high.

Tina Igo Avonmore, PA

This is the only company that has consistent coverage in Western PA. We were talked into going with another provider a few years back. They told us they use the same towers as Verizon and therefore have the same coverage. We were stupid and switched. We were completely dissatisfied because of poor coverage, dropped calls and rude customer service. We went back to Verizon as soon as we could and will never leave. You get what you pay for.

Emily Norton Tucson, AZ

I currently use Verizon and have had no problems with it. I’ve yet to go anywhere that I haven’t had service, some places it’s a little slower but that’s to be expected. I really like their TravelPass for when you’re out of the country, you don’t have to pay a whole new price or switch your plan it just charges you the days you used service internationally.

Hailey Mira Tallahassee, FL

My family has been using Verizon for a while now and we have no complaints. Whenever we have questions or concerns about our devices, the staff are always very helpful in giving us specific steps in how to fix our problem. In stores, everyone is very helpful and try to help you as quickly as possible. I always have signal compared to my other friends whos signal goes on and off.

Nicole Jones Riverton, UT

Greatest phone service!! In total, I've had service through Verizon Wireless for about 17 years. I switched to T-Mobile for a short time and ended up switching back to Verizon as soon as my contract was over. Verizon provides a premium level of service and a reliable network that offers widespread coverage and fast speed. In today's world, this is a necessity. Definitely worth every penny.

Lorna Johnston West Valley City, UT

We have been a customer of Verizon for many years. Our home is in a pocket that does not receive great cell service but we have good coverage from Verizon. We also had a problem with out TV service. It took some detective work but finally someone came out and didn’t stop until he found the problem. There was a crack in the case of the hub in our neighbor’s yard. When his sprinklers turned on, it shut down the power to our TV. He figured that out and fixed it. Great service!

Irinna Danielson Riverton, UT

I've had other carriers and hands down, Verizon is the best cell phone carrier I've had the privilege of using. I live in a neighborhood where cell phone coverage can be spotty, but it still works out here. I rarely have dropped calls and it seems like I always have better internet and data than my family members who use a different carrier. I've recommend Verizon to any one.

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

My family has always been a Verizon family because the prices are perfect and they have very efficient customer service. My family is all on one phone plan and we have been able to adjust the plan easily as promotions are brought up. I also travel internationally very often, and the TravelPass is a great option and a great price to stay in touch with my parents while I am abroad.

Rosann Stanko Logan, UT

I love Verizon. The phone is amazing and it can do so many things that my other phone could not do. I am thrilled with the photos that I take and the easy way that I can share them with someone else. I also am pleased with the customer service department. They are extremely patient with me when I don’t understand something and they go the extra mile to help me understand and answer my questions.

Jennifer Smith Salt Lake City, UT

Verizon is one of my favorite providers that I have used. I have been able to take my phone high up into the mountains and somehow still have coverage. I have been able to keep phone calls going for a long time without hanging up on someone (on accident). Customer service was always ready to help me and to address my personal needs with my cellphone. I would highly recommend Verizon if you are looking for a new phone:)

Jennifer Gilbert, AZ

I’ve been with Verizon for years. Love them because I never have dropped calls and get service everyone I’ve traveled outside the USA. I’ve traveled to Africa, Europe, the Middle East and South America. I felt like my monthly bill was a bit pricy so I called Verizon and they helped to lower my bill. I’ve used other phone companies and Verizon is by far the best. I’d recommend them to others. I also love their travel plans outside the USA.

Jaylene Holcomb, NY

We have been a VERIZON family since day 1. That's a big deal. We love the coverage and the service. We love the family plan. We love that they are trying to stay current with updates and service. We have a big family, and at 1 time we had 2 plans just to cover everyone (only 5 allowed on 1 plan - and with 9 kids in the family - well you get it). Now, all of us that are still in the area and still on the family plan, can be on the same plan. Family group chats are hilarious, staying connected is important, and we can do that with VERIZON. For work, play, vacation, travel, service, and security - VERIZON is the way to go.

Brandie Rudy West Jordan, UT

Verizon has been my cellular carrier for 18 years. I haven't always loved their customer service but recently they have made some really huge improvements and it has been noted. The service is great I rarely have dropped calls or breaks in my LTE coverage. I love the flexibility in their new plans and variety of devices available to me and my family.

Hailey Nilson Salt Lake City, UT

I've been with Verizon for as long as I've had a phone, and I love them. The quality of the product is incredible, the options for plans are easy and reasonable. But, my absolute favorite has got to be the customer service. I had issues with my account, and one of the lady's over the phone not only fixed my issue, she treated me like a friend and made me want to continue working with Verizon.

Brinly Harward American Fork, UT

I receive service from Verizon whenever in reasonable places and my coverage is always strong. I also really like the unlimited data plan. I'm not constantly worrying how much data I have to share between me and the three other phones on the plan. It also been nice to be able to receive service in Hawaii and Mexico when I travel without additional costs

Brian Joseph Duncan Queen Creek, AZ

I have been a customer of Verizon since I was 16 years old when I got my very first cell phone. A couple years back I got fed up with the cost and the service and switched to sprint. Sprint was soooo much worse than Verizon and they could not provide the promised service, so I dropped them and went back to Verizon. The cost is high, which can be a challenge at times, but the service is the best.

Katherine Galliart

I've been with Verizon for over a decade now. I have only had problems with a PHONE, NOT Verizon. Which isn't their fault it's the manufacturer's problem. If I did have an issue with Verizon, it was taken care of very quickly. If I was in a financial snag, they have been so great in helping me set up a different payment plan until I was able to get back to "normal." Helping customers like that is so importing. Stuff happens and great to know that they were willing to work with me as long as I communicated with them what was going on.

Joy Henry Pleasant Grove, UT

Our family has been with Verizon for over 16 years and have been very happy with the service, products, and ease of taking care of problems when needed. They have a great warranty service and very good cell range coverage where ever we go. We have a family plan with 7 lines and unlimited data and it's very easy to take care of our bill through auto pay.

Frederick Nelson Universal City, TX

I have been with them for 14 years and always have incredible service and almost never drop calls. Truly reliable. Their customer service has just been ok over the years, but the quality of the network does enough to compensate for average customer service. I use their unlimited data plan and have bought a number of products from them that are all quit good.

Tami Allen Gilbert, AZ

We love Verizon because they have the best reception anywhere in America, and our phones never have annoying dropped calls. They have awesome customer service, and their employees are well trained and competent. They always answer my questions quickly and are very knowledgeable about their products. I love the new data plans that are unlimited and not having to watch my data usage constantly. It's a lifesaver!

David Lewis Salt Lake City, UT

I have used the customer service via phone and also in multiple in-store branches. It is busy and sometimes takes a little while to talk with someone, but I have always been able to get my issues resolved. The actual service is better than the previous two cell phone companies my family has used. I have still dropped a few phone calls, but not nearly as much.

Deneane Robbins

To expensive and the customer service is hit and miss. Still with them have been for several years but looking to change when all items ate paid in full.

Marianne Foster OR

Worst customer service. They take advantage of elderly. When helping a 90 yr old friend try to cancel phone service we could get no assistance from store reps in 2 different Bend Oregon stores. Bait and switch tactics tell him phone was free then charging him.

Mike Verissimo

Their All incompetent they suck they said someone got threw their security and opened and account stoled my checking account number stole thousands of dollars from me and Verizon would not give me any information because it's not my account they are protecting the thief they suck after being with them since the eighty's

Aaron Anderson

Fast and reliable network, extensive coverage, exceptional customer service. Top-notch cell phone provider for seamless connectivity and support!

6 months ago Edited November 20, 2023

Ava B Phoenix, AZ

What happen to the Human Factor? I’m extremely disappointed and disgusted with Verizon's Finance dept regarding a payment arrangement. I called yesterday as I was advised by their finance dept on July 18th, to follow up regarding extending a payment arrangement by 10 days as I've been unemployed for about 9.5 months and no income for 5 months, plus over 55. I was offered a position and my first payroll check is in 10 days in speaking with the Finance dept on July 20th I mentioned my phone is a pivotal piece of equipment in performing my responsibilities in this new position. I was informed by the Finance dept that this was not possible and they could only extended by 7 days, this will cost me my new job, I'm taken back by their stony and apathetic behavior as extending an additional 3 days makes a HUGE impact in getting my life & finances back on track, I understand business is business however after 12 years as a Verizon Consumer this is an all time low, as 3 days will not impact Verizon's bottom line as it would mine

Ben Milano North Babylon, NY

I am scheduled to have my Optimum tv service cancelled on August 1st. I wanted to switch to Verizon FIOS for 500 gig wifi. It was the most horrible, pathetic, aggravating, annoying, experience I have ever had. I called seven times to get the order placed. The order was "confirmed and finalized" all seven times. When I went back to confirm, I was told, all seven times, that no order was placed. All of this after I already cancelled my Optimum plan. I gave up on Verizon. Now, I have to call back Optimum and have the initial cancellation request cancelled. Has anyone had the same horrific experience that I had?

Rick Mathis Greenfield, IN

I love the reception I get. I have never lost a call. They are very expensive and dealing with the billing is horrible. I’m still waiting on a credit for 140.00. Been waiting for two months. Of course customer service is terrible also.

Francis Okobi Hagerstown, MD

THERE IS NO ZERO STAR, ELSE I WOULD HAVE GLADLY GIVEN THEM THAT! RUN FROM THIS COMPANY! ELSE YOU WILL LIVE EVERY SEC TO REGRET IT. TRRRIBLE CUSTOMERS SERVICE FROM OVERSEAS WHO DONT HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING! THEY WILL TOSS YOU OFF TO THE NEXT REP AFTER 2HOURS OF UNRESOLVED ISSUE AND YOU WILL START ALL OVER AGAIN. THE SIMPLEST ISSUE WILL TAKE HOURS ON THE PHONE AND YET WILL REMAIN UNRESOLVED. OUTRAGEOUS UNEXPLAINED BILLS AND TERRIBLE NETWORK SERVICE OVERALL! PLEASE READ REVIEWS BEFORE YOU JUMP IN! I DID NOT READ THE REVIEWS AND HERE I AM GETTING BILLED AFTER RETURNING GATEWAY AND ONETALK DESK PHONE THAT NEVER WORKED. JUST 3 LINES AND I AM PAYING AN AVERAGE OF $600 A MONTH! TERRIBLE COMPANY. YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF. DO NOT SIGN UP PLEASE!

Kim Wetzel Humboldt, IA

Up until approximately 3-4 years ago. I would have given Verizon a 5+! Now it is HORRIBLE! The signal/connection is awful around Fort Dodge, Ia...never has it been like this and it is getting worse! Dropped calls or no connection at all! Local reps are rude. When I call, all I get is automated which does NOTHING! I have been in the service industry and am extremely disappointed with Verizon's service! It is obvious, they do not care about their customers! I believe in giving a company a chance to correct issues but they do not talk their customers anymore. I want to stay with them but they are making it hard.

Samantha Danzey Los Angeles, CA

MONEY HUNGRY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS. You will constantly be overcharged on your bills. Make sure to keep track/pay attention to your payment plans for devices as they will randomly change them to where it seems you have made less payments than you have (so they get more money on payments from you). I was on payment 31/36 for a device and checked on the next bill cycle and it said I was on payment 6/36!!! Customer service reps are friendly enough but NO HELP EVER. Customer service reps will say that your issue will be resolved and you will see it on your "next billing cycle" and it WILL NOT be resolved. Then you have to restart the never ending cycle of reporting your issue, them saying it will be fixed, and the issue not being resolved or WORSE (them charging you more for something - like a late payment fee - because you keep waiting for it to fixed before paying your bill).

Kim Wyman Bentonville, AR

As a Verizon Business customer I give them 0 stars. As a consumer account customer I give them 4 stars. In May 2023 I transitioned from consumer to business in order to get the phone and internet in our small store switched from Cox to Verizon. After 5 hours on the phone we got it working but by the next day I knew it was a huge mistake. The internet signal was not strong enough to support the phone and credit card machine. Returned both devices in June 2023. Because porting a phone number from one carrier to another takes at least 7 days. Now we are in July 2023 and I'm still dealing with the bill. Paid over $630 dollars additional monies in two months for 2 days of crappy service! Business customers get no local customer service. Most verizon stores are no corporate stores and therefore don't assist customers other than taking your money and letting you deal with the 800 number which of course is not USA based. Business customers beware!

Heidi D Palmetto, FL

The Verizon sales representative did not initiate our service with the discounts he promised. Despite numerous attempts to correct the situation, Verizon has taken from us approximately $500 in overcharges over the past 6-months. Finally, at a corporate-owned store 14 miles away, we were told that the only way to get the rate we were promised would be to close our account and open a new one. We would have been willing to do that provided our account could be credited for the overpayments, but we were also told that Verizon viewed the charges as being “legitimate.” Therefore, we choose to close our account and never use Verizon again. Spectrum uses the Verizon network, has excellent customer service, and charges a fraction of the fees. Do yourself a favor and sign up with Spectrum instead.

Timothy yettaw Spring Hill, FL

The reason why not to go with Verizon is because when you call with problem's they will just make rude remarks and be dismissive. I got charged for the wrong amount and when I called to get this fix the lady told me the money would just be equaled out but when I woke up the next morning my bank was negative -750 and then I called Wednesday to get this fixed I was told several different story’s and got dismissed and rude comments. I’m still negative in my bank after four days now. I called to and nice lady has been helpful and when she contacted the store and told them what happened and the store manager called me back and asked if I had the old card and the new card and I told her I don’t have the cvc of the old card and she told me that there wasn’t nothing she could do to help me and this has been the same story since I called Tuesday and no one seems to know what is going on and how to refund this money. When I called six months ago and I ask to talk to one of your superiors about how I paid a bill and it didn’t show up on the app that I paid but I pull my bank records and it showed I paid. He then called me a liar and theft and told me to stop lying. Never got my money back for that. I just bit it and paid it . When I first got my I phone 14 pro max it was having some issues with connecting to the towers and I call it for help and it took 25 people until I found the right help. I’m am done with Verizon because they are rude and disrespectful and dismissive and just talk down to you. Love Verizon’s service hate the customer service.

Sam Reich Hawthorne, CA

They asked me how the rep did- the representative was very nice and tried her best-she was not the issue. The issue is that I'm not able to make a simple insurance claim and I have been sent on wild goose chases for the last three days. Number one- I dont have a pin. We never had a pin. Which is an issue every time i need to do anything. And then i make a pin over the phone and it still doesnt work. I make a myverizon account- still doesnt work. I try to change the email associated with the line i need to file a claim on- doesnt work. And this is just the cherry on top of the nightmare that has been the 7 years of service with your company. Let's start with the first 5 years after my dad died- every single phone call, visit to verizon store, and email said my dad was the only authorized user on the account making it extremely difficult EVERY TIME we needed to upgrade/replace/buy/etc. And my poor grieving mother had to relive her trauma EVERY TIME and tell representatives that my dad died OVER AND OVER AGAIN. They finally got the message that my dad is not alive, but now we need a pin THAT DOES NOT EXIST. And then the reps tell us its updated BUT NOTHING CHANGES. We are switching all 11 lines over to a different provider who doesnt make us wait on the phone FOR HOURSSSSS and jump through A MILLION HOOPS just to make an insurance claim on a device that is 100% paid off by the way and has clearly been on our account since September. And when we have been loyal customers for years despite the trauma they have put us through. I run a business- I do not have time to sit on the phone for hours on end being sent on a wild goose chase calling a million different numbers. I wouldve made more money if i had been focusing on running my business than the ipad is even worth. (Isn’t the point of verizon business accounts to make doing business easier??) I. AM. DONE. And btw, Verizon DOES have dead zones. A LOT actually. Stop spreading propaganda.

Allan Freedman Monrovia, MD

A bit more expensive than other services, Verizon generally offers the most stable and complete coverage for cell/smart phone data. I rarely encounter any issues and find their service to be very reliable.

Cate S and Frog

There isn’t enough room here to detail the months long fiasco I endured at the phone and store lines of VERIZON. I switched from AT&T (no issues) d/t VERIZON's business plan and getting a Google Pixel 7Pro. I love Pixel and was only one phone. I was in transit from FL to AZ and started to recognize issues early on. I stopped in LA store and was told 'needs a special SIM card’ - replaced. (Totally bogus) and router phone line added (which did not happen in FL for some reason.) By the time I get to TX, no internet and patchy phone reception. At this point, I’ve been on the phone for hours with VERIZON resetting, removing, reinstalling SIM cards etc, etc. I return the router and use T-Mobile wifi - problem solved. Pixel issues go on for weeks. I spend many hours at AZ store and on phone getting transferred, re-re-re explaining, trying to get the mess straightened out. Every imaginable problem and a few ridiculous ones were blamed - tower, settings, SIM cards, Google, Pixel (yes I spoke to Google too.) Finally I say take it back and refund my money. 'Oh we can't do that. It's past your warranty but we can sell you another phone.’ Weeks of run around and that is response?! I keep pushing for refund and VERIZON finally acknowledges some 'issues' between Pixel 7 and VERIZON yet still refuse to refund me. Desperate, I go to T-mobile who easily add both numbers to Pixel but VERIZON won't release one! I finally sold the Pixel to a third party, bought a different phone and canceled VERIZON. I am out about $900 and countless hours. The very slick and over-priced VERIZON mega-scam has mastered corporate profiteering and responsibility deflection. Since I switched to T-Mobile, I actually have regular service and get follow-up calls to see how things are going. So RUN FROM VERIZON. It may have been a good choice once but those days are long over. Nothing there now but irresponsible greed.

David Adrian Morales Weslaco, TX

I like the service capability of Verizon. My phone works everywhere when other services dont. It is pricey though. Phone catalog is good. Services offered is good. Customer Service is good. I never have a billing issue with Verizon. Autopay gives you a discount. Good rebates and discounts for veterans.

Anna Meadville, PA

My husband and I have been customers of Verizon for almost 10yrs now with very little to complain about. They strive to make your life easier the longer you are a loyal customer and Igreatly appreciate that about them.

Shannon Richards

I was a Verizon customer for nearly 20 years. The service was very reliable and I was reluctant to leave because of this. The sharply rising prices, especially recently however, finally prompted me to switch. Immediately after switching, Verizon cut off my access to see my bill. As I recall, when I signed up for Verizon all those years ago, I had to prepay for the first month of service. I ended my service with Verizon at the end of my billing cycle yet they oddly owe me only 39 cents which even that, I doubt I’ll see. While I enjoyed the quality of the service, I will not miss the expense. My new service is $100 cheaper per month and is working great.

randall paulenich Henrico, VA

Verizon made a bad thing right and I'd like to share my gratitude with their CEO Hans V for following up on my email. They take customer service seriously. I got a call from one of his assistants they adjusted my bill.

Ricardo Ortiz Fredericksburg, VA

I have use Verizon for over 10 year. I have signal everywhere I go. Never had a problem with my reception and when I need service, I get it fast. I stream at the fastest speeds ever, the best.