Sprint is a major provider of wireless phone and Internet products and services for individuals and businesses throughout the world and offers the latest smartphone and tablet device technology with 4G LTE data coverage in over 500 cities nationwide.

Founded in 1899 and headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, Sprint now owns Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and the Assurance brands of non-contract providers.

#1 Verizon chevron_right
#2 T-Mobile chevron_right
3.7
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Metro Area Network Coverage
  • Multi-Line Service Prices
  • Additional Perks
  • Device Options

Metro Area Network Coverage

Though Sprint's coverage depth and breadth are not as robust as that of the top companies, its coverage is improving in certain areas. Sprint now offers especially fast 4G LTE network coverage improvements in four major U.S. metro areas in preparation for 5G speeds:

• Atlanta, GA (over 50 percent faster than previous download speeds)
  • Denver, CO (over 50 percent faster than previous download speeds)
  • Las Vegas, NV (nearly twice as fast as previous download speeds)
  • Salt Lake City, UT (twice as fast as previous download speeds)

Multi-Line Service Prices

Sprint focuses heavily on serving families or groups of friends that want to go in on a phone account together. The group pricing provides an incentive to add more lines because of the discounts available.

For example, the Unlimited Basic service plan gets you your third, fourth, and fifth lines free, totaling $20/month per line, a price that is very difficult (if not impossible) to find elsewhere for what you get. The carrier claims using its Unlimited Basic multi-line plan actually gives customers a $1000 savings over their first year over certain competitors.

Additional Perks

Sprint's three "Unlimited" plans, Unlimited Basic, Unlimited Plus, and Unlimited Premium, all include these benefits:

• Unlimited talk and text
  • Hulu account
  • Mobile hotspot (500 MB LTE, 50GB LTE, or 100GB LTE)
  • Video streaming (480p, 1080p, or full HD)
  • Canada and Mexico roaming and unlimited talk, text, and data (5GB, 10GB, or unlimited 4G LTE data)
  • Text and data in 200+ worldwide locations

Unlimited Plus includes a Tidal account as well, and Unlimited Premium comes with Tidal, Lookout, and Amazon Prime.

Customers age 55+ or customers who are active military or veterans qualify for specialized Unlimited plans. Data plans for tablets, mobile hotspots, and smartwatches can be purchased, too.

Device Options

New and popular Apple and Android phones and tablet options are available through Sprint. Financing rates are based on credit qualifications, but generally, you can utilize the Spring Flex 18-month lease on a new phone. Pre-owned phones are also available. If your current phone is compatible with the Sprint Network and it is unlocked, you can activate it with a new Sprint account. You do need a SIM card to activate your device.

Sprint also sells other tech product accessories:

• Smartwatches
  • Tablets
  • Hotspots
  • Sprint Drive (enables vehicle diagnostics, driving behavior analytics, location tracking, roadside assistance, and media connectivity)
  • Ear pods and other wireless headphones
  • Chargers

The Bad

• Coverage Gaps
  • Early Termination Fees
  • Expensive Hotspots

Coverage Gaps

Depending on where in the U.S. you live, Sprint's network coverage can be outstanding or poor, so potential customers should closely study Sprint's coverage map prior to signing up to avoid slower download speeds and dropped calls.

Early Termination Fees

The early termination fee (the cost a consumer pays when they cancel their contract early) is something you should be aware of before signing up with Sprint. If you sign up for a 1 or 2-year contract and then decide to change carriers, you must pay a fee for each line of service you signed up with. The fee is prorated based on the length of your remaining term commitment, but depending on how many months you have remaining on your contract, you might end up paying a steep price.

Expensive Hotspots

Standalone hotspots and Wi-fi card plans are expensive with Sprint. The cheapest plan the carrier currently provides is $30/month for 10GB of data. There are also additional fees that can apply with the limited GB data.

The Bottom Line

Sprint has plenty to offer prospective customers, with the most attractive perk being the affordable multi-line smartphone plan pricing. Paying $20/month for smartphone services is almost unheard of.

Is Sprint good? Customer reviews are mixed, reflecting both positive and negative experiences with Sprint's customer service team, terms and conditions, and network coverage. Read the reviews below to decide for yourself.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

2.7

Mason Allen

January 25th, 2021 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have really enjoyed using Sprint over the years. I love the unlimited plan I have and the fast loading. The service is extremely spotty in some states so if I ever moved I would need to get another phone plan.

Treva Green

January 22nd, 2021 Little Rock, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m enjoying Sprint again! The customer service was a too reason for. Me leaving initially, but It’s gotten so much better. The service is great and I’m loving TMobile Tuesdays now, since they merged.

Bryce Johnson

January 22nd, 2021 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When upgrading my phone to a new Galaxy, I was told my SIM, which was not shipped with the phone, would come via priority shipping. The SIM shipped two days prior to the phone's arrival with first class shipping, and took an amazing 5 days to arrive. I was depending on this new phone, as my previous one was broken. I had to wait a whopping 7 days to have a phone again, which made me miss out on 2 business meeting and a plethora of other work related events.

Ashley Brown

January 21st, 2021 New River, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service and easy to follow phone plans that allow you to pick what works best for you and your family!

Steve Ashby

January 21st, 2021 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are on Sprint right now and it has been a good service. Our family has grown and we are all going off on our own plans now so unfortunately we will have to switch since small groups are a lot more expensive on Sprint.

quan

January 21st, 2021 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

my experience with Sprint and their customer service was absolutely horrible I had an issue with them charging things on my account without my knowledge the lack of communication was horrible during the duration of me trying to get my issue resolved and dealing with sprint customer service was absolutely The most horrible experience I’ve ever had to deal with in customer service in my 30+ something years I’ve been alive I was lied to on several occasions I was hung up on on several occasions by sprint resolution supervisors I had to speak with over 10 representatives and it took over 24 hours to have my issue resolved and the only reason my issue got resolved is because I went into a T-Mobile store and spoke with a manager on duty and he was absolutely wonderful he got my issue resolved as well as treating me with the respect I deserved he was very genuine and it is unfortunate that T-Mobile employee have to deal with the disaster that sprints put their customers through but I am truly glad that T-Mobile has bought them out and eventually there will be no such thing as sprint I would never ever recommend sprint to anyone if I would have known that sprint customer service was this horrible I would not have given them over two years of my customer loyalty nor would I Have let them get their hands on my heart or money so if there is anyone that is dealing with Sprint And they’re horrible customer service my phone I would Recommend that they go to a T-Mobile store to get the help that they are seeking from sprints customer service team

rene howard

January 20th, 2021 Salem, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a Sprint Customer for over 12 years. I ran past my original contract and since I live in one of a number of states that allow a certain Lease Laws, Wisconsin being one of them, they automatically turn your original contract into a Lease Contract which allows them to demand the phone back even if you do the buy out price, which in my case was 135.00. So I either stay with them and their unfair business practices or give the phone back that I have paid for and start fresh with another carrier with no phone to trade in and pay a higher price. STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT/T MOBILE at all costs.

Alejandro Ortiz

January 20th, 2021 Visalia, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great prices and excellent service with coverage everywhere l go, been former customer from others wireless companies I got he best.

John

January 18th, 2021 Charlottesville, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To many issues to waste ink on. Not trustworthy, reputable, or competent. If considering signing up or renewing run the other way.

Tyler B

January 18th, 2021 Palos Verdes Estates, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint recently merged with TMobile. We are waiting on the "improved coverage" and 5G network speeds. I am a long time customer of Sprint (15+ years) and I hope that they will continue to invest in their network to deliver better service for lower costs.

Phoenicia Cloud

January 15th, 2021 Rosamond, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is not a bad company by any means but I did have a few unfavorable experiences. The phones are of course great and the service is top notch but the customer service left a bit to be desired.

Brenda Harrison

January 15th, 2021 Braman, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I live in a rural area and have been experiencing calls being dropped and texts not going through or taking 15 to 20 minutes to go.

Marissa Kuklovsky

January 15th, 2021 Melbourne, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer before Sprint merged with T-mobile. From getting my own plan (without being under my parents) with confidence to still being a customer.. I have been treated with respect and courtesy in store and even online.

Ski

January 14th, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company need to pack up and close up shop. The worst thing Ive ever done concerning wireless service was, leaving AT&t for Sprint. After almost 3 years of being overcharge, I have had enough. Not to mention their customer service is terrible. They are fictitious salesman/saleswomen. You can't trust nothing they offer. On top of that the service is by far the worse. I couldn't get service where my Mother got service and she has a 30 buck wireless plan (Cricket). I have so many complaints run from this carrier point blank.

GN

January 6th, 2021 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint once offered the best (solid wireless service at an affordable price) product in the business, but they lost ground when their mobile device offering fell short of their competitors.

Groovin J

January 6th, 2021 Hyde Park, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They problem I have with sprint is sometimes I get dropped calls other than that the service is decent

Brittany Sanders

December 29th, 2020 Fort Walton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give no stars I would. I paid a deposit and first month bill. The internet device didn't work and I never got to use the internet. Customer service couldn't help so I was told to send device back and they would refund my money. I was told for weeks my check was on the way. I then had one lady tell me that she was tracking my check to see where it was and how close it was to getting to me but then we got disconnected because I'm sure they hung up on me. I called today and was told that they couldn't find my device and it was past a certain deadline so they would not be refunding my money. I had talked to over 20 people and would lied to and just told what I wanted to hear but in the end they still want me to pay a bill and they also kept the money they were supposed to refund to me. Don't use Sprint

Dodd

December 29th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been Sprint costumers for almost 2 yrs. Their service is great! I’ve never had a problem with dropping calls anywhere in the Country that I go and they are the most inexpensive company. I recommend them to everyone!

jedimvma

December 28th, 2020 Tysons Corner, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i'll start with my dislikes, because there's only one: the service can be spotty. however, the positives outweigh the one negative: 1. the rates are good. 2. i've never gotten unexpected charges in my three years with them, which was a regular occurrence with my last provider, especially when i upgraded my phone. 3. iphone forever is amazing. and 4. having hulu for free is a super perk

janet

December 28th, 2020 Stroudsburg, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use to like this company, we are going thru pandemic and I asked if there was any way to lower my bill and I was hung up on I tried chat and disconnected.. been with them for years and was not even considered at least one bill waived..

Miry

December 23rd, 2020 Homestead, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If i could give -5 stars i would, i left sprint to go to another carrier, i returned the phone, paid my dues. A month after that i get a bill thats $395 i call and see why, and they tell me if because the phone has a cracked screen. I said im getting charged $400 for a cracked screen. That is an absurd amount of money for a cracked screen. I wanted to cry, but lesson learned, i regret ever having them as a phone carrier, never will happen again, this company only cares about how much more money they can charge us instead of actually giving its customer good service. Stay away if you can.

Xerxes Vendesmal

December 22nd, 2020 Merrimack, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Half a year of a fake promotion. I took on my fathers sprint account when he had passed away in may of 2020 and in the following month when i took ownership they had a promotion of buying a free line for a 1 time payment of 35 or 50 dollars i dont remember exactly which and i of course grabbed it because if someone needed help they could use the free line. IT WASNT A 1 TIME PAYMENT. I have now called almost every month since because instead of paying for my 1 unlimited line of 64 dollars plus my phone lease i was now paying 105 dollars a month because that "free line" i was being charged for every month. Today i call to pay my past 2 bills because apparently my auto pay doesnt work and i cant create a sprint account online and they tell me i must pay 300 dollars and will still owe another almost 200. Do not go with this company. Ever since myfathers death ive done nothing but pay more in money and time to resolve something that should mever had been a problem. Again dont ever go with sprint or t mobile since they merged now. And the only reason i cant upload the money thing on here is because it changed monthly.

Benjamin Park

December 19th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I pay 70.00 for unlimited service for this company but my phone is so slow and they would tell me it is because I’m using it during peak hours ! Or would tell me they don’t have an antenna near my home ! There is no unlimited service basically I’m paying for a substandard service

jameion alexander

December 8th, 2020 Memphis, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Been a customer for over 3yr went on vacation lost my phone which was insuranced & was giving the hardest time even. Poor customer service!!!! Money more important than long-term customers beware...

KIMBERLY K PERRY

December 5th, 2020 Myrtle Beach, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was a Sprint customer for 10+ years, until about 2 months ago. While I loved having unlimited everything, I got NO service at all in a lot of areas, especially in buildings, so my son's teacher couldn't even reach me during the day while I was at work. There were regularly great incentives for NEW customers, but nothing for us loyal customers who had been with them for years. Sprint honestly did nothing to keep me as a customer.

jaci finch

November 20th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My family plan currently use Sprint and I believe it is the economical choice of providers. I find the cellular data and connection is somewhat spottier than other providers in the area, but it is cheaper to make up for it. You get what you pay for, and for me waiting a couple extra seconds for something to send or load in some areas is worth it.

Jesse nettell

November 20th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is the worst service they stole my phone and lied to me and wont pull up my phone conversation to prove they would make it right I have been a customer for 6 years and never missed a payment

A. Taylor

November 19th, 2020 Panama City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint's recent combination with T-Mobile and their 5G updates make this service better than ever. New, better values also are excellent.

nicole vansteenburg

November 18th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cannot even begin to describe how ridiculous this service is. Everything aspect of using Sprint was at best subpar and at worst incredibly frustrating....the dropped calls, the customer service, the payment plans. I live In New York City and would get 10-11 dropped calls during a one hour phone call. Sometimes more. DO NOT GET SPRINT. Even with T Mobile they still are terrible.

Mary Pendleton

November 17th, 2020 Winchester, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Too expensive by the time phone is leased and you get service bill is over $100 monthly.

Shawn Horseman

November 17th, 2020 Wichita, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good coverage and phone options. Online billing is easy to understand and pay. In person stores though lack customer focus.

Michael Trepanier

November 15th, 2020 Biloxi, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I could rate them lower. I can't get them to abide by the contract we both signed. I started a plan with 5 phones obtained under their 18-month lease plan. Upon completion of the lease, they purposely did not allow me to exercise my nine-month purchase option, claiming an additional month or two of the lease was still due. To add insult to injury I've spent at least five one-hour plus telephone conversations trying to explain their contract to them. Additional lease revenue goes straight into their pockets and is not applied to the phone purchase option.

Tyler Thorn

November 13th, 2020 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is okay to good - usually helpful, sometimes not. I've had some issues with billing, nothing major. Coverage maps are deceiving to say the least - I live in the far suburbs and commute to the city; coverage in the city is usually excellent; don't expect to have anything near reliable service

Christine

November 6th, 2020 Shirley, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Currently have sprint/t-mobile service. It works great in our area and we never have any issues. Thanks!

Big tuba-5500

November 5th, 2020 Houston, TX

Sprint is the best company out there for cell phones. They provide the best service out there. Absolutely phenomenal

Rilyn Uyan

November 3rd, 2020 Randallstown, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started my contract back in 2018. I made it clear I wanted to own my phone not lease it. I was instructed by March 2020 that i would pay the phone in full for $265 or opt for the monthly payment to buyout the phone. I called them to verify the information. I opted for the monthly buyout. 9months after and I get a message saying I'm still on a lease. I call them to let them know that can't be possible and they said they don't see the information, That I never opted for the monthly, i can either get on 9 month plan(which i already opted for back in March) or upgrade the phone and stay on a contract for 9months. THESE PEOPLE ARE THIEVES!!! they are trained to nickel and dime you. It's disgusting because they are a big company and they can get away with it. The network is rubbish. I use my house internet all the time. DO NOT USE SPRINT. DONT USE TMOBILE EITHER!! THEY'RE BOTH THE SAME.I was on Tmobile and went to sprint. I paid my bill consistently for 2 years and this is what they do. Absolute rip off. I just laid off now they are asking to pay over $400 to get out of the contract meanwhile the contract was 18months (Oct 2018) DISGUSTING!!

UtahBy5

November 3rd, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I switched to save money and in the end didn't end up saving any. They offered a free line so I took them up on it and now I get billed and extra $85.00 a month for the free line. I have to call them up and eventually get a credit but seriously should I have to spend an hour on the phone every month to not get charged for my free line?

Joshlyn Francis-wright

November 3rd, 2020 Powder Springs, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint/t-mobile is the worst company to have a cellphone plan with. Their rates are high and you do not get service and the data plan doesn't work. Worst company I ever had. I've been with att&t for 15 years and decided to go to sprint for the phone and plan but I did not get what was advertised and customer service is the worst I've ever experience. No one speak English and understands what im saying I have to go to the corporate office to get my matter handle. For two phones im paying well over $200 and ppl have a plan of 4 paying that much. Im going back to att&t and convinced my whole family to get rid of sprint. My friends are either prepaid or with version or att&t and metro. Better off than sprint. Now t-mobile took over that trash

Melissa sims

October 30th, 2020 Greer, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was absolutely amazing I really appreciate the individual named Taylor that I spoke with. They were kind and patient. They explained everything and answered all my questions in detail to make sure I made the right decision with my purchase. They need a raise!they even stayed on the chat for as long as I needed (which was a while) instead of trying to rush me and or switching me to a different representative.

Roxie Chapa

October 28th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had Sprint with my ex-husband from 1998-2008, then with my daughter from 2009-2020. I never had issues, but my daughter did. Her coverage was horrible. No matter which phone we got her, she struggled with coverage, but I never did. It gets pretty expensive, but other than my daughter's problem, I never had any problems. HIGHLY recommend Sprint!!!

Lily

October 28th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is NOT worth getting a contract with. NEVER again. Too expensive and they kept on and on charging me $400 a month for phones I couldn't use data with at my new house. No apologies. Nothing. No refunds for all my wasted money. Just don't use sprint. AT&T is better.

Damaged Alone

October 27th, 2020 Edwardsville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i liked sprint for the fact that i was able to get better phones.. what i didn't agree that their fees and whatnot is outrageous ridiculous

Karbon

October 26th, 2020 Pensacola, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reception is absolutely horrible and their pricing is a total scam. Bills are very confusing and price kept increasing month after month. After 18 months, they send 1 email to give you the option to buy out your phone. If you miss the email, you will pay a $42/month rental fee and never own the phone that you fully paid for. There is no way out of this, after hours and hours of conversations. Never sign up for this carrier. They are not transparent in their pricing and you will pay a lot for a terrible network.

Jacqueline Castillo

October 26th, 2020 Rocky Hill, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have to call sprint every month because my bill increases every month. My contract is due soon and i will go to T-Mobil again. Jackie Castillo

Harrison F Bink

October 26th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is the best company for long term travelers, and works great over all of Europe without additional charges to a US account. Also works in India! Decent coverage and few drops. I also like the family plan.

Christopher Ryan Madera

October 24th, 2020 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SERVICE IS TRASH!🤬😡🤬😡 I lose tower connection after disconnecting from wifi, or after driving 15 minutes in any direction. I have to restart my phone 4 times a day to regain connection..once leaving my house, once getting to work, by the time I leave work its disconnected, and I have to restart just connect at home. Its TRASH! If I travel across the state, I have to restart phone JUST TO RECONNECT TO A TOWER IN THE AREA TO USE MY MAPS NAVIGATION!🤬🤬 After over 1 year with Sprint, I realized that this won't ever change! SPRINT IS TRASH🗑🚮🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 I want out of this contract... They told me that they'd lower data and lower the monthly price that's paid...like that's a solution!?!? Cant fix the tower issue, but we can lower your data so you pay less.... no solution, no one cares.

Bosede Ajiboye

October 23rd, 2020 Hyattsville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service! Only had difficulty with unlocking my phone when I travelled out of the country.

Asuarez

October 23rd, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I HATE SPRINT! Ever since they switched to T-Moble the service sucks. And I cant stand talking to 20 different people.

Barbara Marini

October 22nd, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've been with Sprint for a number of years and have always gotten good service. We just got two new phones.

Sks1969

October 19th, 2020 Carlisle, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible coverage areas. Unless you’re in your house on Wi-Fi you can forget about it. And even then the service is spotty