Sprint is a major provider of wireless phone and Internet products and services for individuals and businesses throughout the world and offers the latest smartphone and tablet device technology with 4G LTE data coverage in over 500 cities nationwide.

Founded in 1899 and headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, Sprint now owns Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and the Assurance brands of non-contract providers.

#1 Verizon chevron_right
#2 T-Mobile chevron_right
3.7
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.7

The Good

• Metro Area Network Coverage
  • Multi-Line Service Prices
  • Additional Perks
  • Device Options

Metro Area Network Coverage

Though Sprint's coverage depth and breadth are not as robust as that of the top companies, its coverage is improving in certain areas. Sprint now offers especially fast 4G LTE network coverage improvements in four major U.S. metro areas in preparation for 5G speeds:

• Atlanta, GA (over 50 percent faster than previous download speeds)
  • Denver, CO (over 50 percent faster than previous download speeds)
  • Las Vegas, NV (nearly twice as fast as previous download speeds)
  • Salt Lake City, UT (twice as fast as previous download speeds)

Multi-Line Service Prices

Sprint focuses heavily on serving families or groups of friends that want to go in on a phone account together. The group pricing provides an incentive to add more lines because of the discounts available.

For example, the Unlimited Basic service plan gets you your third, fourth, and fifth lines free, totaling $20/month per line, a price that is very difficult (if not impossible) to find elsewhere for what you get. The carrier claims using its Unlimited Basic multi-line plan actually gives customers a $1000 savings over their first year over certain competitors.

Additional Perks

Sprint's three "Unlimited" plans, Unlimited Basic, Unlimited Plus, and Unlimited Premium, all include these benefits:

• Unlimited talk and text
  • Hulu account
  • Mobile hotspot (500 MB LTE, 50GB LTE, or 100GB LTE)
  • Video streaming (480p, 1080p, or full HD)
  • Canada and Mexico roaming and unlimited talk, text, and data (5GB, 10GB, or unlimited 4G LTE data)
  • Text and data in 200+ worldwide locations

Unlimited Plus includes a Tidal account as well, and Unlimited Premium comes with Tidal, Lookout, and Amazon Prime.

Customers age 55+ or customers who are active military or veterans qualify for specialized Unlimited plans. Data plans for tablets, mobile hotspots, and smartwatches can be purchased, too.

Device Options

New and popular Apple and Android phones and tablet options are available through Sprint. Financing rates are based on credit qualifications, but generally, you can utilize the Spring Flex 18-month lease on a new phone. Pre-owned phones are also available. If your current phone is compatible with the Sprint Network and it is unlocked, you can activate it with a new Sprint account. You do need a SIM card to activate your device.

Sprint also sells other tech product accessories:

• Smartwatches
  • Tablets
  • Hotspots
  • Sprint Drive (enables vehicle diagnostics, driving behavior analytics, location tracking, roadside assistance, and media connectivity)
  • Ear pods and other wireless headphones
  • Chargers

The Bad

• Coverage Gaps
  • Early Termination Fees
  • Expensive Hotspots

Coverage Gaps

Depending on where in the U.S. you live, Sprint's network coverage can be outstanding or poor, so potential customers should closely study Sprint's coverage map prior to signing up to avoid slower download speeds and dropped calls.

Early Termination Fees

The early termination fee (the cost a consumer pays when they cancel their contract early) is something you should be aware of before signing up with Sprint. If you sign up for a 1 or 2-year contract and then decide to change carriers, you must pay a fee for each line of service you signed up with. The fee is prorated based on the length of your remaining term commitment, but depending on how many months you have remaining on your contract, you might end up paying a steep price.

Expensive Hotspots

Standalone hotspots and Wi-fi card plans are expensive with Sprint. The cheapest plan the carrier currently provides is $30/month for 10GB of data. There are also additional fees that can apply with the limited GB data.

The Bottom Line

Sprint has plenty to offer prospective customers, with the most attractive perk being the affordable multi-line smartphone plan pricing. Paying $20/month for smartphone services is almost unheard of.

Is Sprint good? Customer reviews are mixed, reflecting both positive and negative experiences with Sprint's customer service team, terms and conditions, and network coverage. Read the reviews below to decide for yourself.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

2.7

dazaph

August 6th, 2020 Union City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great phone service that has unbeatable customer service. The unlimited plan is such a useful service to have when traveling across the nation.

Priscilla Arteaga

August 5th, 2020 Ontario, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is really just decent. I feel like you get what you pay for and that’s it, don’t expect too much

Marilyn J Crossan

August 5th, 2020 Azusa, CA

Sprint apparently has some sort of collaboration with a company called Tello and Tello is far and away less expensive and has better customer service then Verizon or AT&T (the other cell phone companies I've used)

Jennifer Cosmo

August 4th, 2020 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Would not recommend any to ever get sprint, My phone cant load google, i cant send texts or make calls with out wifi. I switched over from tmobile only 2 months ago which i regret TMOBILE is 100% better then sprint. Never had any issues while i was tmobile for 16 years. Was very upset when i heard Tmobile and Sprint were merging. Going to look into Verizon or a different carrier. Also goodluck trying to get in contact if you need help. Took over a hour to get in contact to ask why i was overchargec almost 200$. Which they said they were sorry but couldnt do a refund they would give me 35$ credit to my account. Very upset

Luisa Sepulveda

August 3rd, 2020 Naples, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint has given me countless headaches. Not only is their customer service atrocious (does not solve any of your problems), the service coverage sucks. Absolutely no transparency when I asked about the spikes in my monthly bill. When I decided to cancel and move to T-Mobile who has already proven their amazing customer service, they decided to hold one of my lines hostage saying it wasn’t unlocked for a T-Mobile sim (even though it was 100% paid off). Then they didn’t want to cancel my line until the next billing cycle which meant I would have to pay for ANOTHER month even though I canceled at the beginning of the month —absolutely joke of a company. No positive things to say at all.

Linda Bonogofski

July 31st, 2020 Canby, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Sprint for about 10 years and if I didn't like the company I sure wouldn't continue to use them. Their customer service is great. When a question doesn't require much details I often us the Chat services and that has been a really good experience for me. They have always been really accommodating when I have needed help regarding billing. This has most recently been to delay my payment for a few days.

Anescia Hamilton

July 30th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had Sprint service for almost 10 years now, I'm pleased with the service. I always get what I want

Ladyjojo

July 30th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service, offers, and products , fast internet speed, explanation of statements are very good, good customer service.

Marisol

July 30th, 2020 Toms River, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer of sprint for many years. It hasn’t been until recently that sprint is on some BS. Don’t lease your phone in NJ because you can not purchase the phone at the end of your lease. They do not tell you this when offering this to you. The Sprint store on Toms River said this was the best plan for me. Not true you end up paying more for a phone you will never own. Sorry Sprint you just lost a 20 year customer.

Amanda Malega

July 29th, 2020 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service was not very good a lot of the time. I went to Texas to visit family and was not even able to use my phone because I had no service at all.

NG

July 29th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We only had the service for 2 months but overall it was okay, especially compared to how other carriers were performing during that time. I like that they offer brower-free phones that I could give my son.

Savi1967 Horshaw

July 29th, 2020 Lansing, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love their service. They work with you when you can't pay your bill in full. Their phones are a bit pricey but their coverage is amazing. Rarely do I get dropped calls. They always let you make payment arrangements should you need to. I've been with them 20 years.

Ajay Patel

July 28th, 2020 Southlake, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer Service needs improvement. Went to a sprint store since my phone was broken and since the old one could not be repaired ended up buying a new one. The sales representative had no sense of urgency and wasn't very helpful in questions that I had. I literally had to do my own research in the store in front of the sales rep on google to see what features the phone had. I am glad that T-mobile has taken over. Hopefully this will mean better cell phone reception as and customer service.

Nena McFarland

July 27th, 2020 Aurora, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a Sprint customer for the past three years. They provide flexible pricing, offer different plans to suite my needs. Service was spotty at sometimes.

Emily Hernandez

July 27th, 2020 Belle Glade, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Too much for the services. Spotty signal in my home town. Unnecessary fees charged ! Never again ! Switched to AT&T

Aashika Gadkari

July 26th, 2020 Iowa City, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used to use Sprint and the connection wasn’t that great, sometimes there would be 3G instead of LTE whereas other providers had LTE. It is slightly cheaper so that’s good, it was overall an okay provider.

Richard Crouse

July 25th, 2020 Glendale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint started out as a great phone company for me but upon having trouble with a couple of phones and finding charges unrelated to our account we had a to fight like crazy with these folks . At the end of contract we ran to another company

Tina Igo

July 23rd, 2020 Avonmore, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was in a financial bind and thought I'd listen to the commercials about Sprint being cost effective so we switched. We did so because the Sprint salesperson told us they use the same towers as Verizon and there is no reason to pay a higher amount for the same coverage. Well, we were lied to. Sprint does not have the same coverage in our area (Western PA) as Verizon. We don't appreciate being lied to just to make a buck.

Vianca Potts

July 22nd, 2020 Hialeah, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went into Chicago recently through a nature trail and never lost service! I personally would recommend anyone to use this company.

MissHmong95

July 22nd, 2020 Utica, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

6 years ago, I used to have sprint. I did not like it because it was too expensive and the services aren't good at all. Every time you use over the limit they charge you and I don't like that. It's not fair if you use over the limit at least don't charge. Couldn't afford sprint anymore and had to change my line to T-Mobile.

Foxy

July 22nd, 2020 Decatur, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nothing to like there. This company is a rip-off they robbed me during this difficult times they supposed to return $58.98 back to my account but instead that end up charging me $45.00 and from that 58.98 the only return $27.00 back and the phone was hung up on my face. The money they stole from me was $140.00

Vanessa Sanchez

July 21st, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint has a great service and during times like these it’s always good to have a phone company who is willing to help you out as much as possible with your bill.

Sarah Tyson

July 20th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I spoke with Brandon S as he stated regarding my upgrade for my family plan as my son will be in college this year. Unfortunately, your customer service was horrible the rep S did not performer well because there was loud music, Kids loud and tons of breakage within the call. I could not hear much as I stated to S it was loud, he laughed with cause me to be very upset. I am disappointed because I have been with Sprint for over 10 yr. I asked several questions while trying to work with the rep. This was a bad interaction I am very upset. I was then billed wrong on top of that. I want an action taken as by husband Dave has reached out to the head corp.

Debra Millender

July 20th, 2020 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Sprint for a very long time and I do like them better than most other phone services. My main complaint about Sprint is they forget about their loyal customers when they have special offers.

Cj

July 20th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give less I would. We changed over to sprint to save on our phone bill. We expected our coverage to be worse but it was significantly worse.. annoyingly poor data and coverage. but we saved money. We got what was sold as a month to month contract with no cancelation. Well that is incorrect. During this covid catastrophe I was laid off and needed to cancel our service and ended up paying almost $800.00 to cancel. We will recommend never to use sprint.

Christina Raimondo

July 18th, 2020 Orange Park, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

#1, Sprint.com is a horrible site, it is slow, freezes, makes you jump through hoops to get the simplest answer, and I am very technically savvy. #2, Been a customer for over 10 years, no respect for that, just more charges and scams. #3, Now that T-Mobile has merged, I have had more connection issues, cell phone freezing, dropping calls, can't make calls, can't get to the internet. If I am sitting next to a ATT person or Verizon person, I am the only one who can not access the internet, social media or any platform needed to be used by WiFi #4, The one positive thing I could always say was Sprints customer service was the best, and 99% of the reason I stayed. #5, I've used the online support 2 times in the past week and they always give the can response, call 888- XXXXXX. So you no longer, get the support you use to get online. When I did call the lady spoke hardly any English, I couldn't hear her or understand her and she did NOT address my concern, question. #6, They run you around, don't give you the correct support people. I have been on chat for 20 mins with run around and NOW they want to say "oh you need to speak to this person." Do yourself a favor, go spend the extra money and truly go somewhere else. This merge has been the worse thing that could have happened to Sprint. Now I am being transferred to yet another team...No answer is answered directly anymore... Also be prepared to NOT to be able to get insurance...if you want / need it down the road.

Andy Wise

July 18th, 2020 O'Fallon, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been Sprint customers for over 20 years (no reason to switch from a good thing!). The phones worked perfectly when in Mexico and Alaska. Three people in our family use Sprint, all with unlimited data, and are very pleased with the overall service we've received.

Sam edge

July 17th, 2020 Lexington, SC

I’m not going to lie I haven’t always been a fan of sprint but since they merged with T-Mobile their service is a lot better!

Luis Bates

July 15th, 2020 Azusa, CA

Bad service. They lie in their commercials because promos or deals are not as easy as they say, or even true as they say. In order to get deals from commercial you have to pay full price on everything and then they tell you that they will give you refunds to get the deals but you don't get refunds on the spot or right away either. And they have people that they don't know what they are doing and you are stuck there for hours! Plus they offer satisfaction guaranty on their service but they cancel your lines and won't give them back if you are not happy with their service.

Ben and Cin

July 15th, 2020 Kenilworth, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint was the best company I had payment wise but I struggled a lot with the service. In PA, I found that I would have to stand in certain corners and not move in order to get service when on the phone. If I wasn’t connected to wifi, my phone was rendered useless in the home.

Alkrauel

July 13th, 2020 Omaha, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I never have service in Carter lake, Iowa. I always have one bar. customer for 3-4 years. Bill way too high for this bs.

Alexander Johnson

July 13th, 2020 Burbank, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The scammers of the mobile industry. I will never ever return or recommend. They’ve tried to rob me in more ways than one. Raised my monthly bill without ever telling me at all, and breached our contract. Paid off my phone and they still tried to send it to collections to get more. After paying it off I had to file a claim to get them off my credit where they should’ve never been in the first placd

Lucille Harris

July 11th, 2020 Orefield, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint has poor business practices and I would emplore you to think twice before signing up for service with Sprint. They scam you and screw you and comeplety mess up you're bill and then; as a result of this you are then responsible for there employees lack of knowledge and education. Believe me when I tell you...Do NOT sign up with Sprint for a possibly cheaper bill than the other companies because you get exactly what you pay for!!!

daynice desimone

July 11th, 2020 Pittsburg, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was dooped when i bought 2 phones years back. Come to find out ive been paying on them ever since. Now my bill is extremely huge and due to covid 19 i am unemployed at this time.

D Jackson

July 10th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely hate Sprint. I was a customer for over 8 years with 3 lines using smart phones. Our coverage always had problems and when we her them fix it we were told we had had phones and were sent new ones. Then it was our satellite connection or the towers had to be reset. Always some excuse. Then the problems we're blamed on the merger with T-Mobile. When we were told out prices would remain at $200 even though T-Mobile had the same plan for$100 they would not adjust their prices. So bye Sprint. They refused to unlock our completely paid for phones. This is a nightmare and taking forever to resolve. No one from Sprint will even talk to me when I requested tho speak with a supervisor or manager. I'm on hold now and it's been 1hr...I'm not hanging up until I speak with someone.

Kathy Wojton

July 10th, 2020 Columbia, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Coverage is Not good, during COVID they were nice enough to disconnect my service and then charge me an extra 40 to turn it back on, so they are the company without a heart! I pay 151. a month for 2 phones which after 18 months I can buy for an additional 500. I also put 200 down on them never again my time is nearly up thank God! I will buy a phone at Walmart and pay 45 a month for everything and get far better service. Sprint is horrible they suck you in with 5 lines for 100. I got 2 lines for 151. I will never do business again with them. I am blown away over the fee and disconnect after I was a week late while not working, I paid it the other 12 months. Thank God, my power and gas company did not disconnect me and then charge me during this rough time we are all having but boy, sprint sure had no problem. I wish you had minus stars they don't deserve one.

Shannon Solis

July 10th, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Sprint since 2005. Not only do I have my phone have two others as well. The are professional, friendly and willing to help you fix the problem.

A Z

July 10th, 2020 Elkhart, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ever since the merger with T-mobile, service has been terrible. Calls are constantly dropped, messages won't send, videos won't play. I pay money to have a working phone! I understand things take time so I will give it another month. If service is still lacking, I will be switching providers. It's ridiculous.

Tsmith

July 9th, 2020 York, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is a good company. Anytime I have had any kind of question or problem, they always handled it with great customer service and I was satisfied with the outcome. Highly recommend their services.

Tabyoungco2008

July 4th, 2020 Decatur, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My service is not the best in Duluth Ga which is considered a major city. I have the iPhone X, XR, 11 Pro Max, and Apple Watch on my plan. 2 lines are unlimited basic and 1 unlimited premium that includes Tidal, Amazon, and Hulu basic subscription. My monthly bill is around $340.00. I have been with Sprint for over 6 years. Once my phones are paid off, I will cancel. They offer no loyalty discounts on bill and they are not giving me the promotion they promise for leasing two iPhones at the same time

Nancy Mirasolo

June 30th, 2020 Ridgewood, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is the worse phone company ever: You always have problems with them and they change often what they say to you on previous call. They don’t keep their word and never come to a good conclusion with you. Never again.. I will change company, once my lease is up.. I do NOT advise this company and it's very very expensive.

Brandie Hampton

June 19th, 2020 North Wilkesboro, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If no stars were possible, I would probably go with that choice. Service is subpar and their "coverage map" is a joke! Sprint customer service is perhaps the only service that is worse than the actual cell service. There is little to no service in the experience and there is zero accountability within this company. There is no way that if given the same set of circumstances I would choose Sprint again. Their merge with T-mobile is laughable because they have only gotten worse since then. The service is overpriced and subpar. Please for the love of everything do not go with Sprint if you have any other options. Go prepaid before you sign with this company because they do not care about us as customers.

Mr. Sampson

June 16th, 2020 Blacklick, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Been with Sprint for over 20 years. Great company, but only in certain areas. Over time the service seems to have diminished despite all their new technology they've "implemented". Dont have many dropped calls, however network can be hit or miss daily. Thankfully the majority of us have wifi. 4G network can work great at times but other times become nonexistent. There lease program is a gimmick compared to how things were in the past where you would just pay off your phone. Now you could end up paying more for your phone than what it's worth. Sounds greedy to me. Unless this is changed I doubt I could give them a higher rating.

Carlos

June 16th, 2020 Ball Ground, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have the cheapest rates but there service is not the greatest as far as reception. Lots of drop calls or having hard time to get on internet or GPS due to poor signal at time.

Sessy76

June 15th, 2020 , MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had issues when my due date was moved to the 5th instead of 13th. Had been paying late. Contacted sprint may 2020 to see what I could do. May bill was paid. Cycle change and now sprint is billing me again for May and June making my bill $324.24. This changed how my bill looks since they change my cycle. Sarah V. Executive Services Analyst Had refused to go back and look at conversations I’ve had prior to making changes. All she cares about is making me pay for my May bill. I even provided screen shot were customer service from sprint said I paid 5/11 yet they refuse to fix charges

Farshad kouranki

May 28th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV

Try to switch from AT&T to sprint they could not port one of my 4th numbers so we cancel the deal because of that,now after over 2 mouths I found out sprint report $ 12.00 past due to the credits agency & damaged my credit, when I called there corporate offices they said there is anything they can do, and I have to dispute it & wait 30 days to be removed from my credit, which I am middle of getting a loan. 👎👎👎

Terrell Reedus

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the low price for service. The phones they offered at the time as a joint package.

Cedar City Homeowner

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint has worked out well for my needs. They have made it easy to sign up for autopay. I think their mobile app MySprint could be easier to maneuver around.

L Black

May 23rd, 2020 Auburn, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On my in person visit, staff wore mask, gloves, and had hand sanitizer and observed social distancing rules. Floors were clearly marked to 6 ft for customers. Austin T was very patient and understanding of my not being technology proficient. Great job!

abe fried

May 21st, 2020 Bensalem, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great pricing! customer service id decent at best, coverage is very spotty in the tri-state area.