A relative newcomer to the field of medical monitoring, One Call Medical Alert has made its mark and provides competitive services. One Call Medical Alert offers in-home services for those with a traditional landline, those without a landline, and mobile services for those traveling or needing protection on the go.

One Call Alert has active partnerships with renowned organizations such as the American Diabetes Association and the Mended Hearts Foundation. The company was cited by Consumer’s Digest as a Top Value Brand for emergency response systems.

You can find One Call Alert reviews below if you want to learn about customer satisfaction.

The Good

• Endorsements
  • No Upfront Fees or Minimum Service Contract
  • Affordable Plans
  • Features
  • Social Media
  • Lifetime Guarantee
  • One Call Alert Reviews

Endorsements

One Call Alert is widely recognized for the quality of service, excellence in customer support, top-of-the-line equipment and affordable pricing options. Some companies who have specifically endorsed One Call Alert are The American Diabetes Foundation, American Medical ID, The Mended Hearts, and The National Association of EMS Educators.

No Upfront Fees or Minimum Service Contract

New customers are not charged any upfront fees, making activation and equipment completely free. There is also no minimum service contract. The company offers discounted pricing for those customers purchasing multiple months of service. Billing is paid in advance and via credit card.

In addition to discounting the monthly cost of service, One Call Alert offers bonuses to customers for longer terms, such as a free pendant or bracelet for those who purchase a quarterly or annual membership. Annual subscribers receive a free lockbox as well as a free transmitter.

Affordable Plans

One Call Alert has three affordable plans for its customers to choose from. These include in-home medical alert systems as well as a mobile medical alert device you can take with you anywhere.

All of One Call Alert's plans include a lifetime price guarantee, water-resistant equipment, and an option to purchase automatic fall detection for an extra $10 per month. You don't have to pay equipment or activation fees, and there is no long-term contract required. Plans are month-to-month, but you can receive a discount if you pay for an annual package.

Here is a breakdown of One Call Alert's offered packages:

In-Home Wireless

This is an in-home medical alert system that is best for customers who want protection around their homes. Unlike some other medical alert systems, One Call Alert equipment does not require a landline phone or internet. The system functions off of At&T's nationwide network, which is included in this One Call Alert plan.

The alert pendant has a battery life of up to five years, and when the battery is running low, One Call Alert will immediately send out a replacement button. The battery life for the alert base station lasts up to 24 hours if it becomes unplugged, so make sure it is plugged in at all times to avoid battery failure.

The In-Home Wireless service comes with a help button, your choice of a pendant or wristband, and 24/7 emergency monitoring. You can also add fall detection to this plan for an additional $10 per month.

Annual Plan — $239.40 billed per year

Semi-Annual Plan — $164.72 billed every six months

Quarterly Plan — $90.61 billed every three months

Monthly Plan — $19.95 billed monthly

Complete Protection

One Call Alert's most popular package is its Complete Protection plan. This medical alert plan is most appealing to customers who want protection at home and do not own a landline phone.

Similar to the In-Home package, the Complete Protection's medical alert system can function for up to 24 hours if unplugged or in the case of a power outage. The medical alert button has a charge of up to five years and when the battery is running low, One Call Alert will send you a new pendant without you having to do anything.

Complete Protection includes 24/7 monitoring, a medical alert button, and your choice of a pendant or wristband. You can upgrade to fall detection for $10 extra per month.

Annual Plan — $369.50 billed per year

Semi-Annual Plan — $203.22 billed every six months

Quarterly Plan — $109.86 billed every three months

Monthly Plan — $41.95 billed monthly

Mobile On-the-Go

One added feature Mobile On-the-Go includes that the other packages don't is two-way communication. Two-way communication enables you to speak to One Call Alert's medical monitoring center through your medical alert device's built-in microphone and speaker. If it's a minor issue and not an emergency, you can let the monitoring center know, and they will call your emergency contacts and go through the approval call protocol to get you the help you need.

This package also includes GPS tracking, which allows loved ones to find the medical alert owner's last known location.

The Mobile On-the-Go medical alert device takes four hours to fully charge, and the battery life lasts up to 36 hours. The device comes with a charging cradle so you can easily charge it every night if you prefer. The button also comes with a low-battery indicator. It will be green on a full charge, amber on a moderate charge, and red on a low charge.

This plan also includes 24/7 monitoring and a medical alert button you can wear as a pendant. You can also upgrade this package to include fall detection for an additional $10 per month.

Annual Plan — $329.50 billed per year

Semi-Annual Plan — $181.22 billed every six months

Quarterly Plan — $96.11 billed every three months

Monthly Plan — $37.95 billed monthly

Features

One Call Alert's features are both functional as well as aesthetic. They offer customers flexibility in choosing their package and features as well as the actual device to wear. The basic in-home unit comes with a base unit as well as a transmitter which can be worn as either a pendant or as a bracelet.

One Call Alert goes beyond the basic transmitter button and has added the option for different skins for the pendant or bracelet to personalize the device to match their moods or personalities. This feature comes in handy when there is more than one user in the home since you can personalize the transmitter.

Social Media

One Call Alert maintains a robust social media presence using Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to communicate with seniors and their caregivers about topics that are meaningful to this demographic. One Call Alert also publishes helpful articles on its blog that are relevant to seniors and their families.

Lifetime Guarantee

One Call Alert offers a lifetime guarantee of their pricing. With this guarantee, you don't have to worry about your bill fluctuating without warning. The company is committed to providing its customers with transparent and permanent pricing.

One Call Alert Reviews

One Call Alert reviews are extremely positive, giving the medical alert provider a high star rating. With the vast majority of its reviews being five-star, customers highlight the company as a trusted medical alert service with quick response times and a helpful staff. Many consumers also note that the company is great about contacting users when the battery is low on their device, so they don't have to worry about the battery dying unexpectedly and leaving them unprotected.

The Bad

• Battery Life
  • Warranty Info
  • Limited Range

Battery Life

Another downside is that the overall battery life is significantly less than that of some of One Call Alert's competitors. The company's alert base station battery can last up to 24 hours. This sounds substantial, but industry leaders' battery lives can often last up to 72+ hours.

Warranty Info

One Call Alert states that your base station and pendant are protected under warranty and that they will be replaced at no cost under normal "wear and tear" conditions. The company website also explains that customers can find more information by calling a customer representative or seeing the Terms and Conditions Agreement. However, we could not find the Terms and Conditions Agreement on One Call Alert's website.

The Bottom Line

One Call Alert is a viable option when shopping for a medical monitoring and alert service. The company offers solid products at an affordable price and has received several professional endorsements.

The lifetime price guarantee is a positive, along with the lack of activation and equipment fees. One Call Alert also offers an equipment warranty for anything that falls under typical "wear and tear" conditions. However, information about the warranty is not online, so you'll need to contact a company representative to receive further information.

If you're interested in learning more about the company, you can find One Call Alert reviews below. The majority of reviews are positive, noting that the company has quick response times, excellent customer service, and quality equipment.

Call our recommended rep over at One Call Alert below.

anonymous

September 12th, 2019 Dover, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The staff is polite and willing to help. The band is convenient. I can wear it on my arm and go outside and I don't have to worry about it.

Oliver

September 12th, 2019 Humble, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I dislike the fact it can't be used away from the home. We tested it and it generally works. We've got a very quick response and I'm happy with that.

Rose

September 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Shortly after I got my button I fell. Fortunately I was able to call for help and they answered and very shortly I had the ambulance at my door. It worked very well. I like everything about it except that over a year ago when I tested my device. I got a phone call from one of the people in charge telling me that they would have to be sending me a new battery or something like that for the button and I have never received it or heard anything more about it.

Augustine

September 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've used it 3 times and it's worked very well. It's a very good device. I've had it quite a while now.

Esther

September 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had nothing but good service and I can say nothing wrong about the company. I call for a check up every month and whoever answers is always so pleasant and takes time to make sure everything is alright.

Esther

September 12th, 2019 Salem, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I get tired of having it hanging around my neck but I'm glad I have it. I was out in the yard picking up apples on the ground and I lost my footing and I fell down and I could not get up. I pushed it and I wasn't sure if it would reach that far but it did. Paramedics were here in 5 minutes. I was happy with it.

Jean

September 12th, 2019 Pendleton, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I first got it I tested it once a week but was told once a month will do. They told me everything I needed to know. I like it all.

Frank

September 12th, 2019 Petaluma, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like its portability. I've inadvertently hit the switch and they respond every time. They identify them and identify my location. Its reliable.

Dwayne

September 12th, 2019 Valrico, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's very convenient I carry it with me all the time. Every time I've called they've been able to give me the assistance I needed immediately.

Dora

September 12th, 2019 Yerington, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's a nice machine other than it won't go outside of the house. I have accidently hit and and they responded right away.

Kenneth

September 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I need help I can get it. They've given me good service.

Libby

September 12th, 2019 Clarksville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Even when I accidently hit the button they were right there answering.

Patricia

September 12th, 2019 Wilburton, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It works wonderfully. I trust it completely.

Thomas

September 12th, 2019 Claremore, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like it because it's there, it's handy. I've tested it and everything was fine. It's been good for us.

Ruth

September 12th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whenever I need them they are there. The service is good. I needed a new necklace and it got here in 2 or 3 days.

Barbara

September 12th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's just straightforward and easy to use. The biggest thing I like is the people you talk to for service work with you closely and are very good.

anonymous

September 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used it a few times but I've probably used it more by accident and they were very cordial about it. I get the service that I pay for so I'm happy with it. I used it and it was very comforting to have them there.

Jennie

September 12th, 2019 Galivants Ferry, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I call people give me answers to my questions. I like that it works anywhere.

VH

September 12th, 2019 Aberdeen, SD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When they call the family they don't have on it who's calling. It took 3 calls before my family answered because they didn't know who was calling. When I fell and pushed the button they put on someone that I could not understand.

One Call Alert Logo

Reply from One Call Alert

Sep 12, 2019

Hi, We received your review and would like to contact you to resolve any issues. What is the best number for us to reach you? We apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. At One Call Alert we pride ourselves in providing a great experience to our customers. We want to ensure that you have not experienced anything less. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Carolyn

September 12th, 2019 Sidney, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had to call back to get help turning the signal off. The lady that I spoke to was very helpful and told me the necklace that I have can go in the water which I didn't know.

Mary

September 12th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I fell and broke my hip and I hit the button and I got help immediately.

Hazel

September 11th, 2019 Dunsmuir, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One Call Alert is always there when I press the button.

Christine

September 11th, 2019 Seminole, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I get to the operator okay and don't have any trouble with this device.

Karolyn

September 11th, 2019 Rockville Centre, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They answered my questions quickly and easily. We tested it and every time I tested it, it's just a wait. You hit the big button, it alarms and it works. It gives you peace of mind.

Frank

September 11th, 2019 Lady Lake, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their employees have always been wonderful and helped me out and been very patient with me. It's convenient and easy to use with a reasonable price and good service. I've only pressed the button accidentally or deliberately to test it and I've had voice communication within forty to fifty seconds. I'm satisfied with that.

Brenda

September 11th, 2019 Thomasville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One Call Alert answers the alert very quickly. We tested it several times.

Robert

September 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I ever needed them, they called me right back. I tested it several times. One time in the middle of the night, I had it right on my neck and I hit it by mistake and they called me right away. I was able to tell them it's not an emergency. They have excellent service and very nice people that return my calls. They're on top of that.

September 11th, 2019 Redmond, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The false alarms aren't too drastic but it's too easy to press the button. I only tested it and it worked fine. There are too many forms to fill out. I don't like all the forms. It should just be easy.

Priscilla

September 11th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They give a solution every time we needed. A couple of times it didn't work when you needed it to. They had to replace the device because they changed companies, changed the wireless company I guess that they were using and so we haven't had any problems since then.

David

September 11th, 2019 Stow, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do answer my call. It seems like I have to recharge about every two or three days and that's not exactly the best.

Gaye

September 11th, 2019 Pineville, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I need something I can push the button, it works. That's why I like One Call Alert. I can get someone to help. They have tested it before and they answered immediately.

Charlotte

September 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They've been good and that's good enough. I like that it's convenient. We just tested it the other day and it works fine.

Effie

September 11th, 2019 Lake Jackson, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very prompt. Every time we tested it or every time it's been pressed, we have gotten somebody right away.

Beverly

September 11th, 2019 Danville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had to use it in February of 2018 and it saved my life. Whenever I call to test the device, somebody always answers and is very polite and very good about it.

Kathleen

September 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They respond promptly and ask appropriate questions. When I tested it, they have been promptly responding and making sure it was a test and not an actual emergency.

Robert

September 11th, 2019 Tecumseh, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I've called, a human being answers the phone. I have the wristband and I like it for it's convenient on and off so that I don't have to wear it all the time.

Dianne

September 11th, 2019 Beaufort, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very good whenever I press the button. They are very punctual and they'll make sure that everything is okay.

Barbara

September 11th, 2019 Gordonsville, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I have a question, they are very accommodating. They have been very quick to respond.

Sally

September 11th, 2019 Schenectady, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I dislike the fact that the button does not reset completely. I have set it off accidentally by leaning against counters.

Patricia

September 11th, 2019 Eureka, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have not told me that I've remembered that you have to press the button down two or three seconds and nothing was happening for a while. Nobody was answering at the main office but I guess they got that fixed and so now it seems like everything's working well. I just tested it last evening and it worked fine.

Steven

September 11th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that One Call Alert is the most reliable.

Martha

September 11th, 2019 Arlington, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I test my One Call Alert on the 1st of the month and they are good

Nick Barbaro

April 25th, 2019 Mesa, AZ

Great product, worked as advertised. Gave us peace of mind with my Mother-in-law. Cancellation and return of the unit was seamless!

Guthrie Riley

April 27th, 2018 Sheboygan, WI

We had this for 5 months and 2 alarms stopped working. Sent them back and got a refund.

Elaine Yandrofski

February 5th, 2018 Emmaus, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Device is easy to use. Professional customer help.

Guthrie Riley

January 18th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are very happy with this system. We traveled to Tucson and back from Wisconsin. Tested the GPS on call button several times and in various locations, they were right on each time. The customer service is excellent. The salesperson was great to work with. She gave me several options for payment.

Lauren Stier

January 16th, 2018 Des Moines, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife was terminally ill and with one call alert I was able to have piece of mind to do even the simplest of things. It also gave her a sense of security in till the day she died.

Marie Mastropaolo

December 31st, 2017 Delray Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Having One Call Alert has given me, and my family, peace of mind.

Joan

December 28th, 2017 Boonton, NJ

My experience with the ordering went extremely well

Martha Suggs

November 13th, 2017 Foley, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Traci was very polite and helpful with information